IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1,121 posts in this topic match your search for posts by j85m. You are on page 2 of 5.
#3027 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

I had trouble deciding too! So ended up with this hmm! I only got the Prem but has a signed card.

Awesome was it NIB or HUO, Premium with a signed card is a great bonus!

#3029 6 years ago

NIB. I requested from distributor, it was in the first shipment to Aust. I told him I wouldn't buy it if card wasn't signed! Helped to justify the price with the misses lol

Which card did you get?

#3033 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That Super LE sold for $14k on eBay. I thought these were supposed to sell for 1/2 price according to the army of haters. Still $1k short of original price, but that's not bad given the game is not finished.

With each code update the hate will diminish, code version .65 to .75 has loads of subtle changes and with Bat-Turn it really made a big improvement and shows where the code/game could be heading.

#3035 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fingers crossed.

Code drop would be awesome, I am genuinely more excited about BM66 code updates than SW.

#3047 6 years ago

Lyman is going to make this next update v1.0 now just to mess with you Vire

#3058 6 years ago

Any news on a code update?

I'm at work all next week so I would be happy if Lyman added another 2 weeks of content and code to BM66 before a drop, just hope the next update adds minor Villians of villain vision literally having the joker, riddler, penguin and co. taunting me and hearing their iconic laughs will be game changing for me.

#3062 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I somehow missed The Toddler watching the show as a kid. Sounds like the most dangerous of all the villains. Only cares about himself and freaks out at the drop of a hat...

Haha that's probably the best auto correct my phone has ever done.

Well at least it wasn't a spelling error on the playfields

#3087 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wish they hadn't mixed modern and original batman logos through the machine. It's jarring to see the newer style on the topper and the original style on the wall projection.

They are all classic 66 logos, for some reason in the tv show they didn't use a single logo like the burton films did.

Adam wests Bat suit chest emblemIMG_3380 (resized).JPGIMG_3380 (resized).JPG

66 Batmobile used on the doors and alloy centre capsIMG_3381 (resized).JPGIMG_3381 (resized).JPG

BatsignalIMG_3384 (resized).JPGIMG_3384 (resized).JPGl

#3122 6 years ago

The diecast models people are adding to their games that came on the SLE's does anyone know what scale they are?

#3124 6 years ago

Great thanks, it is what kept coming up online but wanted to double check, seems to be no difference between the 2008 and 2015 releases other than different packaging, although the 2015 bat boat seems more metallic.

Has anyone tried putting a better model of the Batmobile on the spinner yet?

#3126 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Any other scale there will be too long and too heavy.

A few of the hot wheels batmobiles differ in detail and show accuracy, they are all 1:50 scale though.

#3133 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Hallmark has a batcopter coming out in a few weeks that has batman and robin figures in it. Would have to see it in person to decide if it would look better than the eaglemoss one or not.

I have the Hallmark Batmobile has great detail, very show accurate.

It's a massive shame Hallmark didn't do the Batcopter with Batman hanging on the rope later with the Shark on his leg that would have been a must add to the game

I didn't realise eaglemoss did 1:50 scale BM66 models will have to check those out.

#3142 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Eaglemoss looks biggerthan 1:50. Maybe 1:43? The eaglemoss copter, boat, and batmobile are all bigger than the hotwheels versions.

I will give them a look ideally I would like all the models to match in size/make.

Quoted from docquest:

Whats the size on the hallmark batmobile? Would it fit on the turntable spinner?

It is 10.5cm long at a minimum (photos make the measurements look a little off it's angles of car, tape and camera top down with your own eyes it looks bang on 10.5cm) I haven't had chance to try it yet but here is a couple photos of the detail and length.

IMG_3449 (resized).JPGIMG_3449 (resized).JPG
IMG_3451 (resized).JPGIMG_3451 (resized).JPG
IMG_3450 (resized).JPGIMG_3450 (resized).JPG

#3146 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

I spoke with a pinball seller/repairer with quite a few years of experience. He says there will definitely be a "pro" model somewhere down the line. I just wanted other opinions. Yes, it means more $$ for Kapow, but if demand is high, they both will be making a lot of $$.

The Premium (or Promium as it's been nick named) is the Pro with BM66, cannot see that ever changing, when the code is done it will reinvigorate sales and the Premium will be the one on the line.

#3148 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Let's hope Stern realizes and understands the link between code and potential sales. If not (or they don't think the two are related), that doesn't bode well for the future of BM66.

Stern probably don't realise it, Lyman however does and takes pride in the games that have his name on them.

It wasn't Stern that got us masterpieces of coding like SM, AC/DC, MET, TWD, that was on Lyman and I feel confident he will come through again with BM66, I certainly hope so as BM66 has so much potential.

Stern really need him to aswell, I know some will jump in blind over and over again but BM66 sets the level for all future SLE releases if Stern wish to do it again and successfully they better understand that link between code and sales.

#3155 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

"If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make that change"

Pretty sure that was Micheal Jackson

#3156 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Anyone think there's a chance that there might be a pre-holiday code release from Stern today? For any game?

Lyman is supposed to be at a show this weekend isn't he? Pintastic?!?

Last time there was a show Lyman/Stern dropped code either right before or during the show I cannot honestly remember exactly but pretty sure it dropped either just before the last big show over your side of the pond.

#3164 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Right before...I like how you think....

More hopeful than thinking.

But it seems Lyman likes to drop code before shows, whether that's for mass feedback on the update or maybe so he doesn't get jumped on by a bunch of Pinsiders asking about code

#3174 6 years ago

Has anyone got George or preferably Lyman on Facebook and could simply ask about the next update?

#3177 6 years ago

Would have been cool if Stern could have done what they did in 2015 (was 2015 the year the #whereisthecode thing was in full gear?)

IMG_3634 (resized).PNGIMG_3634 (resized).PNG

#3179 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

1.28 to 1.56 took over 4 months... on TWD and 1.14 to 1.28 almost 7 months...

TWD was just over a year and a half wasn't it to get it complete? Well worth the wait in my opinion.

#3182 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I was at the factory last week, and I can tell you what I was told when I asked what Lyman was working on.....

Please do, I would be greatful to know what they said if there was anything other than he's working on BM66 said, like maybe what Sterns next title is

#3185 6 years ago

Neil did George reply at all or simply like your post?

#3190 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I can assure you he is working hard on BM66.

Good things are coming......

Good things!?

Oh man what a cliff hanger, Manimal your officially the biggest tease ever

#3193 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

It IS Lyman after all.......have faith.

I have faith man, I brought BM66 on the fact Lyman was coding so there's my faith in him. Still doesn't change the fact your a tease haha

#3200 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm being optimistic for code drop tomorrow.....no inside info....any takers?

This week before Pintastic would be great, Lyman last update dropped just before expo?

After watching the SW stream I'm even happier with my BM66LE, won't be rushing out for SW.

#3212 6 years ago

Pintastic starts today hopefully Lyman has been busy adding a tonne of stuff and we see a code drop today, last update dropped a day before/day last expo started so hopefully we see a repeat of that.

Plus some people have said Lyman is attending Pintastic, surely he would drop code so he doesn't get mobbed by people asking about BM66 code

Saying that if we don't get code today make sure you guys that are going mob him and pin him into a corner so you can ask him

#3214 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Maybe...just maybe he is taking his time to do a meaningful code drop because of the constant whining that the more frequent drops were not good enough. Maybe he is tired of some people making a lot of assumptions based on no fact at all. Had Lyman made the comment about code every 2 weeks, I would have put a lot more stock in it. Gomez made the comment, and he can say anything he wants, he is not the person coding the game.

I agree, I'm waiting until end of today, a show like Pintastic is a great place to get a lot of feedback on a code update, good, bad and bugs.

Plus as much as I was joking above I am sure there are people that wouldn't be afraid to whine and pester him in person which wouldn't be cool, this whole BM66 code issue is George's doing Lyman is most probably working as fast as he can to deliver another masterpiece.

#3217 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I agree FRG... 40x, much like 25x on GOT is kind of blegh. Some of my best games on GOT were flukes that involved spamming the battering ram for pf X and getting huge chaos based flippy flapping during hand of the king. It's not that it doesn't take skill to get there and hit the battering ram a ton or whatever it's just kind of not as fun for me as blown piston targets and tower 2x's.
I love how dangerous the commissioner target x shot multiplier is and I love the atomic pile 2x pf with ability to extend via the "non-gimme" left orbit.
Also regarding the commissioner target, I want to get a 1B batphone answer. Might have to take tilt bob out haha.

That right there is exactly why Lyman is worth waiting for.

It's the little touches he adds that makes you work the playfield and make the risk/reward feel natural and fully integrated, that sets his rules apart.

GOT is great but bashing the ram over and over in order to get multipliers is classic pinball wood chopping.

Not once have I felt going for the Atomic pile or Commissioner target is chopping wood or repetitive just feels part of the natural progression and it's a tonne of fun when it goes right and frustrating as hell when it goes wrong

#3218 6 years ago

Well no game code dropped which was pretty disappointing. If anyone with a BM66 is attending Pintastic and if Lyman is there as people have said he might be attending, maybe someone could ask him.

Obviously don't hound him but anyone who's attending could politely ask Lyman what's the plan for BM66 code, more likely to get an honest answer from him than George, fact he just liked a Facebook post by NeilMcRae and gave no response was lame!

#3244 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'm the chump that asked Dwight when the GB code would be finished at the start of the Star Wars deadflip video LOL

I wouldn't worry Jody read your comment pretty quick and ignored it even quicker

MET & TWD, took what just under a year and a half for Lyman to finish? Maybe he's finishing BM66 in one big drop? I sure hope that is the plan, at this point it's the only explaination.

#3249 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Poor sales was also likely due to the higher price tag. Everyone pretty much agrees the Batman66 premium is really a pro features wise with a premium/LE pricetag.

In the Premium's defence it's got a lot more on it than most pros these days. I love everything about the game except this wait on code which at this point is really souring the who owners experience with this title.

#3258 6 years ago

Just got done watching the 66 movie, there is a tonne of awesome scenes that would make great clips inserted into the game, obviously via pinball browser

#3301 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

The only way Stern is going to change and do things better is if we all stop buying games until the do, and we all know that's not going to happen.

I have, I dropped my SWLE and couldn't be happier. But what's one person, at the end of the day it requires a lot of us to sit back and say no thanks Stern not until you step your game up!

#3318 6 years ago

Rumour is the next Kapow will be Munsters or Beatles, surely if Stern have any sense (which is questionable at this point) they need to get BM66 in good shape if they want future SLE models to be successful?

It is tragic really just how bad Stern are at customer service and social media interaction with their customer base.

#3323 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

All this is fine,but what bothers me is the depth of the new SW code,versus updated B66 code!! The new SW code is so deep.you are doing 2,and 3,sometimes 4 modes at the same time!There is so much to do on the new SW pin,versus what COULD be done with our B66,it looks like Batman is standing still

SW might look deep but it also looks very familiar to GOT, there is no way Dwight has done GOT, GB & SW back to back from the ground up, not taking anything away from Dwight as he's a great programmer but at a guess I would say he did GOT moved into GB which is very one dimensional and now we have SW which to me seems a tweaked/refined GOT.

I don't think Lyman has had the same luxury, GOT was SPIKE maybe it wasn't too hard to port that to SPIKE 2, Lyman closest code to port for this game is probably BDK but that was SAM so maybe he's had to do this from the ground up?

None of us really no, only thing we do know is the code situation is now unacceptable and I'm no longer a NIB Stern buyer as a result of it.

#3331 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Competition is definitely hurting Stern. All of it is so solvable with up-front communication with customers.
We are all a forgiving bunch.

It's only going to get worse for Stern as the competion grows.

Once JJP is at least releasing 1 game per year and they start throwing out some hit themes that's going to hit Stern Premium & LE sales hard imo.

And we have CGC going from strength to strength to strength, what they have achieved from MMR to AFMR is remkarbale abd AFMR is getting ALOT of love - build quality, customer service, code - ironically compared to Stern who are borderline a distaster at all 3.

Throw in Spooky, American pinball and maybe Heighway and Stern will begin to bleed sales slowly and if they don't change they will be hemorrhaging sales uncontrollably.

#3335 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Franchi is doing art on next Kapow
What's pathetic is that I'm sure they have Lyman focused on Elvira 3 pre launch
Why not finish up BM66 and ship Elvira with no F ing code.
Wtf

Probably more profit in Elvira 3 than BM66, sooner we all start telling Stern we are not happy by keeping our wallets closed the sooner we will start getting better code/finished products.

#3347 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No one doubts Lyman.
But no one trusts Stern.

Never have truer words been spoken on this site

#3353 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I can say for a fact that is not the case yet. I can't say what tomorrow will bring, but unless I was lied to on multiple levels in face-to-face discussions and visually deceived as well, he is still very much dedicated to BM66 code.

Any chance you can share what you where told or saw?

#3358 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The skeleton for amazing code is already there.

That is what makes the wait bearable but it also makes the wait frustrating, because it's clear how good this game could be providing Lyman is given the time to complete it, to his desired vision.

He made SM an absolute classic and TWD but he shouldn't have to do it on his own time, I appreciate him massively for doing so and couldn't thank him enough for his dedication.

#3362 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It's reported Lyman likes to do that stuff last, but having done code myself I understand that fit and finish sometimes takes almost as much time as base function and Stern may simply not allow him the luxury of being able to do so.

I believe that's why Lyman has on more than one occasion finished a title off in his own time, I am sure someone has said he often gets a game to take home, unless that's just a hearsay!?

He certainly finished up SM on his own time and looking at the time frames there is a good chance he also finished up MET & TWD on his own time too, he clearly takes pride in his work and more than anything he loves to play, so if he does get a game to take home that's added incentive to make it badass for his own personal collection.

#3366 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In the market ad for Batman premium Automated has the line "New code keeps coming out" so they know that lack of code is holding people back from buying it.

It's mind boggling just how bad Sterns marketing and social media departments are. Those departments should be on this especially when you have a known issue effecting sales, get on it and address it, instead Stern think radio silence is how to deal with 90% of things

#3368 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I also added a Batmobile near the shooter lane. I used the Eaglemoss version which is a little bigger and more detailed than the Hot Wheels one. The Eaglemoss one has a plastic bracket that is used to mount it to its display case. I reused that bracket and a piece of acrylic I cut to mount it. I mounted the car via the bracket to the acrylic then using 2 spacers mounted that assembly above the shooter lane. I might add an LED on the jet exhaust later on.

Looks great doc! Love the Gotham City sign too that's a nice touch and makes perfect sense in the shooter lane.

#3375 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thanks.
I bought the sign from the Mezels. Those guys have some great stuff.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/batman-66-pinball

I had seen it before, I thought it was a mod made by ULEKstore

#3382 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I am sensing good vibes this week.........

C'mon manimal, what where you told and shown? your like the only one in here who's feeling positive recently

#3386 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Did you peek through his office window?

Sounded like you did while you where at the factory but so far you have avoided any direct questions about it what you saw or where told.

I am not trying to be confrontational but can you say what you saw and heard or where you sworn to secrecy? Would just be good to share info with fellow owners and lift some spirits Stern themselves certainly are not making BM66 a particularly enjoyable/rewarding experience.

#3388 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I can say for a fact that is not the case yet. I can't say what tomorrow will bring, but unless I was lied to on multiple levels in face-to-face discussions and visually deceived as well, he is still very much dedicated to BM66 code.

Sounded more like you where at the factory or a show (face to face part) and had seen/been told things, maybe I read into it more than you intended but it certainly didn't sound like it was just faith in your post above.

#3400 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was going to buy the Stern topper batsignal but have decided not to based on reading this type of feedback from you and others. I think I'm gonna try one of these and see how it looks:
amazon.com link »
Its only $17, 5" tall die cast metal, has a full 360 swivel plus up/down tilt. I'll try and modify the lens to be the TV style and see how it looks.

Doc I think there is a tv accurate one already out there, I thought someone had posted it in this thread, but I can't find the post now

#3424 6 years ago

Something I noticed on my LE the other night compared to all my other games, just a couple small trivial things, did anyone else get a BM66 keyfob and a coin door decal?

I don't have either only just noticed the coin door decal was missing compared to my other games when I was looking at it thinking about getting it powder coated.

#3426 6 years ago

Sucks there is no new code but didn't Stern say they wont release code again on Fridays in case of bugs?

Has anyone else been getting intermittent problems with their backbox LCD?

#3431 6 years ago

I noticed the same thing the other day. No key fob or coin door decal...not to mention the vinyl bat Vs metal smart button decal on AS. Probably due to the rush they had to meet release date!

At least we got something around the lockdown button, SW owners get squat! which is ridiculous in my opinion, its such a simple thing but it adds a lot to the overall finished look of the games with lockbar buttons.

#3432 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I will chat with Lyman about code in Pinburgh next week. I'm usually fortunate enough to snag him for a cpl mins between games/rounds.

Hmmm, wonder if he has been holding the code off until Pinburgh? Lyman was supposedly attending Pintastic but no one saw him, in the past he has dropped code prior to shows he is attending...

#3448 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Im sure that won't help, he will do what he usually does but if too many people send him 'cheeky emails' it might be counter productive.

Yeah buying him a beer in person is a better way to ask a cheeky question about the code, buy him 10 beers and you might even get him to spill everything he has planned for the code

#3449 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Did you have a bag with extra stickers in yours like this?

I don't have any of those decals

Looks like I'll have to add that to my list of issues

#3451 6 years ago

Yeah LE #110 here, which is sweet as its a double villain episode

e974c754867f41c6320873626ce2627823e6b610 (resized).jpge974c754867f41c6320873626ce2627823e6b610 (resized).jpg

#3453 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Maybe a call to Stern or your distibutor to ask if you can get the spare decal package you seem to be missing?
I think my previous Stern machines all came with extra target decals.

I have a couple of issues with my LE that Stern are already dealing with me direct to resolve, so next time I get an update on those issues I'll mention it.

I just assumed like the coindoor decal we just didn't get a goodie bag with BM66, that was until I saw yours.

#3456 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Whats the coin door decal people are referring to look like?

I noticed the other night when I was looking at my LE next to other recent Sterns that BM66 doesn't have a coindoor sticker, so I asked if anyone else is missing it, everyone who replied said they don't have one either so BM66 clearly didn't come with a coin door decal, that's what's being referred to.

Pretty f'in tight on Sterns part to scrimp on the little things that finish off the look of a game on this title given the price tag!

#3459 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I thought some people had it and some people didnt. Looks like no one has one for Batman66. Good mod opportunity I guess.

I don't think any BM66 has a coin door decal, certainly should do for the price.

Funny how these little details we have probably taken for granted in the past make big difference on the overall finished look of the game.

It's like SW having no decal or plate around the lockbar button it something so simple but it makes a massive difference, I think SW looks sh*t without any sort of surround for the lockbar button.

#3460 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I thought some people had it and some people didnt. Looks like no one has one for Batman66. Good mod opportunity I guess.

I have a design in mind that would work well with the Franchi art - basically coping assets he has used so it gels with the games art.

But to get it looking exactly like factory how do Stern print these decals? There is always a blurriness/pixelated look to Sterns coin door decals - at least the ones I have on older Sterns. Or do the newer ones have a clear HD look to them like the cabinet decals?

#3462 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Yeah well I believe if you don't ask you don't get!

Goodie bag or coin door decal? Pretty sure Stern haven't made a coin door decal for BM.

#3464 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

i meant the email to lyman

I don't think he has anything to do with goodie bags or coindoor decals Neil

#3466 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

One of my mates produced this one extendo.

That is awesome! Literally what I was thinking or a copy of the topper like on the front of the SLE cab. Is he offering them out or for sale??

#3531 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For me, not without help.
I'm short and need a step stool, which I can no longer safely use, to do so.

Can you not just unplug it?

#3547 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Of course, we'll have to see how seasons, minor villains, and Gadgets are finally implemented

Don't forget the implementation of Villian Vision, Gomez said that will be used to taunt the player, it was one of the features that sold me on the game, love the idea of the villains taunting me as Batman/the player, so many iconic taunts, lines and laughs from the shows villians.

#3549 6 years ago

Hope there is code this week, would be great to have it before Pinburgh so people can thank Lyman and biy him a beer or beers if the code is awesome.

Or being a little more selfish early next week as I'm off work next week Wednesday to Friday so perfect for new code Tuesday night

#3554 6 years ago

Yeah I agree with others, its great to see this communication from George, I just hope its real and if so there is a genuine truth in what George has said.

Pretty much all of us brought into BM66 because Lyman was coding and there is no doubt he will make this a top 10 Stern imo!

#3572 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Lyman is at pinburgh doing his thing so doubt there will be any code this week!

You brought him a sh*tload of beers and got him to spill the beans about the code yet Neil?

#3577 6 years ago

I get your frustrations with the code Vire, we are all frustrated but just trying to keep each other's spirits high, we may have to wait longer than we want to but Lyman will come through for us that I believe.

But I don't believe Lyman has been on BM66 for 7 months like you think he has.

BM66 wasn't playable at release or even after it for a good month or so? Then look at the code updates we have had, couple of small updates initially, then V0.70 on March 22nd contained a huge Spike 2 OS update, which shows Lyman was still working on getting Spike 2 complete? maybe just optimised?

So at best he has maybe been on BM "full time" since the end of March? so that's 4 maybe months max!?

#3587 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I still have no idea why people put so much stock in version numbers....there is no actual standard, and he can make the next drop V100 if he wants to....it means nothing so far as content goes.

Quoted from marksf123:

I agree, I have no idea what the version number means. It seems inconsistent between games but someone in this thread (or others) decided that once a game hits 1.0 it means it is ready to be released.

Agreed, I often think Lyman revision number is more for himself than us, he may work on an update and have 3 or 4 revisions of it before its released to us, so for his own reference calls its v1.20, 1.25, 1.30 etc depending on the code and content he adds, I honestly don't give a sh*t what the update number is, content is king!

#3590 6 years ago

Is there a mantis protector for BM66 yet?

If not is there a BM66 owner local to him that could help with making a protector?

#3594 6 years ago

Ice can you go into your service menu and go to Node board test? I am pretty sure that screen shows you, your node board switch settings. If hank and mark are near there games they could do the same and compare?

#3596 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I just physically looked, but can go in the menu to see...

Could be handy incase something isn't registering correctly from the board the cpu? I don't know I'm just guessing, but if physical switches are the same on your game and hanks and switches match up in menu, it rules out any guess work for Ice.

I am at work tonight but I'll check mine once I'm back with my game.

#3598 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I appreciate it Mark and Hank!
Haven't done the up, down, up, down yet
Jon, I went into service menu. Node board 8?

I think it tells you what the boards are for dude, sure they where named when I was flicking through mine the other day.

#3600 6 years ago

Odd I am pretty sure mine said topper, hopefully hank and mark can check since they are at home.

Maybe process of elimination, if #8 is the only one not named that's your boy.

#3602 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah it's playfield 1, play field 2, on way home to try again

I will check mine in the morning and also give my mate a call for you dude and post up physical settings and service menu settings.

#3605 6 years ago

I was certain it said Topper Node board, as soon as you said yours doesn't I had a feeling something was wrong.

Pretty sure mine is the same as Marks, Node boards 10, 13, 24

Only reason I remembered was because I was comparing how many node boards BM66 had compared to AS.

#3615 6 years ago

Ice any chance if your registering node boards #11 & #12 (which none of us seem to have) instead of #13 that the board Stern gave you is the wrong one? Does your board look the same as MK & Taz?

#3620 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry, i just imagined that i guess! No 11 or 12.

Have a Jaeger for me Mark! Oh wait, i can have one for myself

I think you have already had one to many if your seeing extra node boards

#3627 6 years ago

iceman44 3 switches in diagnostics here, up, down, up, so same as the guys above.

#3639 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Are we going to have a joyous Thursday or another torturous reminder of another week gone by?

I have been off the last week and a half, what with school holidays, back to work next week, working away for a week and a half so code is bound to drop this week giving me over 2 weeks before I can play it

#3641 6 years ago

I guess the longer it takes the longer Lyman is working on the code?

Or at least I hope so, because at this rate it could potentially be one almighty update or like SW after all the hype and wait disappoint us.

I know Lyman will not disappoint once we have complete code, but the longer this drop takes the more I'm expecting and that's only because I am genuinely excited for the potential of BM66, what's already there entertains me more than AS Pro and everything I have seen of SW.

#3674 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

NO ,Sir,I asked him about code myself!!! What row were YOU in when he spoke????

Just like jfh says in the post above, I have also heard Lyman is fully committed to BM66 and is working as good as 100% on the code.

We should have all forgotten about George's 2 week code promise, I am sure he's felt more than enough embarrsssment from that verbal PR blunder and as VP of game development the comment has shown he is clearly out of touch with that part of game development, which I'm sure has furthered the embarrsssment on his part.

Regardless the people that are in the known are saying a big update is coming and I have no reason to not believe them as they all have skin in this game.

#3688 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

My prediction is that after the next code drop, sales of the premium will pick up big time.

After watching the SW Premium stream last night, it left me feeling even more confident I made the right purchase.

Big BM66 fan and huge SW fan, jumped on BM66 ahead of SW because Lyman was coding and because of the limited availability, wanted the LE for its extras.

Was always worried I'd wanted SW more but after seeing the Premium, BM66 is the better game imo, when it comes to theme integration BM66 knocks SW out the park.

#3691 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Yep SW is a dream theme. It's a slight miss with long ball times and the lack of a main toy. There should have been something cool behind the drop targets.
I believe we will learn someday that there were moving targets behind them that got mixed, but that's pure speculation.

There is a video that shows early playfield designs for SW, looks like there was a magnet in front of the 3 bank and rumours where pretty strong that it was going to be a motorised 3 bank. Guess there was some changes for whatever reason.

#3701 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

But those didn't have the burden of a $700 - $900 MSRP price increase compared to other premiums it was competing against. Maybe dealers can mark BM66 price down to match the other premiums? Not sure if Stern allows them to do that though.

Was just about to say the same thing.

Lowering BM66 premium price would certainly be something worst considering but then you risk alienating all your earlier adopters.

The best route for them might be to include the Premium topper with a game
NIB, some incentive that will alienate as few of your earlier buyers.

#3718 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

100% agree. However I feel that the end of Stern has already started. On top of everything else now ghosting, cracked inserts and chipped clear are acceptable

I don't know about the end for Stern, they have certainly pushed away a lot of their most loyal customers with all the QC issues and the it's an acceptable part of normal production BS!

Add on top of all that non communication of code updates with their first and hugely failed imo venture into boutique/SLE runs, they have certainly made going forward harder for themselves than it had to be.

Biggest case in point is SW! If your struggling to get SWLEs physically sold out at the distributors and into customers hands there are big problems, there are not many licences bigger than SW it should be an easy sell, but a lot of Sterns previously loyal and routine NIB buyers have backed out of SW, at the end of the day that shouldn't be happening.

Stern can win us all back, worryingly though do they even know how and will they even try!?

#3723 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Stern has an expert marketing department.

IMG_4207.GIFIMG_4207.GIF

#3728 6 years ago
Quoted from protectors:

I am still in for a SWLE, but I am pretty close to cancel my preorder. On the one hand you have the epic John Williams score, but on the other hand... that's my only "excuse" to be still in.

Pro and Premiums also have all the audio and visual assests the LE does, just for a whole lot less money.

I think its also good people are dropping out LEs and showing Stern this shit isn't sticking any longer, you want to charge more well I expect a little more. BM66LE & SWLE cost the same here in the UK, BM66LE is "loaded" compared to SWLE, Ironman, Avatar and BBH used to be the poster boys for Sterns stripped games, but SW has less than all of those.

#3732 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Maybe not ... the distributors bought all the SWLEs based on the preliminary sales they'd made, so Stern sold them all, as far as they're concerned.
There could well be some pissed off distributors though ....
rd

Sorry RD that's what I ment by sold out, games out of stock at distributors, at some point once the distributors are pissed off enough and have been burnt on more than one title that should have been a guaranteed sell out, will those distributors have the same faith to buy up and sell out the next title from Stern?

#3742 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

I wouldn't say that it's "only on Thursdays" for new code; I think it's more "not on Fridays", making Thursday the last hopeful day.

Yeah Stern said they wouldn't be releasing code on Fridays, guess it's incase of any game breaking bugs etc.

#3756 6 years ago

Waiting for this code update reminds what it's like to be a kid at Christmas, never been so excited about a code update, shows just how good BM66 is already as my excitement is based on the games current potential to be one of Sterns best.

#3766 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

And hopefully, they sneak Batgirl into the game some how, seeing as how much she's on the game. It would seem that they could put her in the same way as minor villains, at a minimum, or for whatever constitutes the third season.

If they don't add a lot of footage of Batgirl in general gameplay, then I would like to see a Batgirl mode implemented like Bat-Turn.

#3771 6 years ago

For anyone that knows the show like the back of their hand (looking at you doc) are there many episodes where Batgirl saves Batman & Robin from the shows cliffhanger villain traps?

A rescue Batman & Robin mode, giving us a chance to play from Batgirls POV would be pretty cool!

#3773 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

When I looked at the sound/video clips in the 0.75 code via pinball browser there was very little Batgirl in there so I'm not sure if they are planning some kind of Batgirl mode or not.

Plus there is no insert for a dedicated Batgirl mode so if there is one it would probably be something small.

I think a cool simple Batgirl mode would be to do a series of ramp and/or oribt hurry up combos and show her doing a wham pow high kick on the mini LCD each time you did one. You have a small amount of time to do as many as possible. Just light the inserts purple for what shot is needed next.

Yeah the insert isnt a problem, Lyman surprised us with Bat-Turn, so if it's a mode like that I would be more than happy with that, the more modes and the more audio/visual assests crammed into BM66 the better!

Purple inserts, isn't Penquin purple? Might have to use another colour but a mode like bat turn regardless of insert colour would rock!

#3786 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Thinking of getting a Premium. What should I add on besides the side art and shaker? Any good ideas for toppers on the Premium?

First of all Jim, I would try and track down an LE. the extras are genuinely worth it imo and from someone who hates toppers the LE topper is simply awesome!

There must be at least one NIB in the hands of a distributor somewhere, or maybe search for one being sold. If that fails then I would get the premium, only topper I have seen is the official Stern one and it kinda sucks.

#3790 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was glad to see Gomez respond and actually communicate some excellent info.

Agreed great to finally see someone from Stern come out of the wood work and let people know what's happening, literally if George had done this from the get go as a way of correcting his 2 week statement I don't think anyone would have been bothered and would have happily waited knowing what's coming.

Quoted from iceman44:

It's about time they defend what they do and punch back.

No defending what they did to SW

#3792 6 years ago

Trailer for the sequel to "The Return of the Caped Crusaders".

Batman (Adam West) finally faces off against Two Face, very cool.

RIP Adam & thank you once again!

http://m.uk.ign.com/videos/2017/08/09/batman-vs-two-face-exclusive-trailer-debut

#3802 6 years ago

The whole Spike system is typical Stern, a great idea but poorly executed.

I am hopeful that once there is demand one of the current board companies will start making replacement boards for Spike.

#3809 6 years ago

Just booked my BM66LE armour in with a pinstripe artist (8 week wait), going to have the speaker panel and maybe coin door powder coated to match the rest and have it all pinstriped similar to the SLE model, so it looks like part of the Batmobile

#3811 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OH,how funny!!! I just called my pinstripe guy for my LE As well!! The force is with us!!!!

Holy copycat Batman!

Don't blame you man, the SLE pinstriping does look great, so I thought why not trick out my BM66 a little more, plus I like the idea of the powdercoated armour looking like its part of the Batmobile, it was one of the things that drew your eye to the SLE.

#3818 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The crazy thing is, the SLE isn't even real pinstriping, but just cheap vinyl roll sticker. Pinstriping will be way more durable.

Yeah I remember seeing that it was a decal, if I had got a SLE I would have probably removed the stickers and had it done properly, but once my LE is pin striped and clear coated it will be super durable.

#3827 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Really I didnt realize anyone actually had a "pinstripe" guy.
So what is real pinstriping? A paint process?

Check this video out, some skilful pinstripe artists, some of the best artists in the world have hands steadier than surgeons.

#3828 6 years ago

Excuse the terrible music, but this is basically the process my armour will be receiving and then cleared.

#3831 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's nostalgic immersive greatness.

That's what didn't translate through gameplay videos very well at reveal. And had me worried before I got my LE.

But in person it all feels right, the gameplay has a campy, fun feeling to it that matches the theme perfectly and with the audio and LCD integration it all works together perfectly.

Once Lyman adds audio/visual the theme is going to be one of Sterns most immersive and if Lyman can make all the extra modes have that campy feeling that al the current modes have it's going to shut up the haters fast!

#3833 6 years ago
Quoted from davidSpumpkins:

I haven't heard the Penguin's voice at all yet. I hope licensing problems are not the reason, it would be disappointing not to have that laugh be part of the game!

The penguins iconic quack is in the game I am pretty sure I have heard it.

From all the stuff in the code file there doesn't appear to be any holes in this licence except for the lack of the 66 movie which is a shame as there are some clips from the film that would work great with modes featuring all the villains.

Plus I was always hoping for a "someday you can't get rid of a bomb" hurry up!

#3841 6 years ago

It would be purely icing on the cake but I would love to see a "someday you can't get rid of a bomb" hurry up!

Obviously Stern cant use the movie assets, but using Pin Browser we can! An additional hurry up mode could changed into a bomb hurry up

#3843 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Brought my Batman66 LE to the Saratoga pinball show today. I've noticed that the line for Batman66 seems to be always be longer than the line for Star Wars.

Its because BM66 is gorgeous it draws people in, easily one of Sterns best looking games!

Then once people play it they realise it plays great and has a lot of real estate on the playfield, far more than SW.
The price is the main reason (although the rushed release beta code didn't help) BM got such a bad rap.

Awesome you take your game for others to get the chance to play.

#3847 6 years ago

I have mine pitched just off the middle towards the top line adds a little more speed on the game.

The ramps and orbits shoot super fast with a little more pitch

#3859 6 years ago

Personally I would just get rid of the batlock one, the rest are quite tongue in cheek funny that one just doesn't work as well as the others, it would help it feel less cluttered too.

#3881 6 years ago

Dammit with all the new posts today I just logged in and thought sweet new code

When is the next big show stateside?

#3884 6 years ago

While the wait for code is certainly dragging a lot of us down, I thought this might cheer us up or at least distract us momentarily.

Adam West in his last role (accompanied by Burt Ward & Julie Newmar) comes to DVD & Blu Ray October 17th with one kickass cover!!

IMG_4422 (resized).JPGIMG_4422 (resized).JPG

#3917 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I'm pretty sure that Franchi said he was working on a Kapow game, so look at some of the Kaminkow slots to see a possible licence tie-in.

The two biggest licences I can find on google are Willy Wonka and the one that would probably be hardest for most to pass up, especially if it could sit side by side with Batman 66 is Superman 78!

Edit: Looks like they have done a Man of Steel slot too.

#3921 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I would love a Superman & Superman II Donner Cut would be great.

From a marketing point of view and a damage control point of view, there is not many licences as beloved as SM78, its certainly got enough nostalgia to make people forget about all the issues Stern have created themselves with BM66. Certainly makes the most sense following on from BM66, not only the two biggest DC licences, but possibly the most beloved versions of each character, plus 40th anniversary.

#3923 6 years ago

Franchi has also done some SM78 artwork maybe this is going to be the reveal at Expo? Although I had heard Beatles was the next Ka-Pow?

So maybe your right RD and Supes would be a cornerstone, although like you kind of said i would expect Cornerstrone release to be more modern and mainstream but we had an original GB release so who knows.

#3936 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

DC Superman would be right up there with Ironman, GOTG, GOT, TWD as a strong licence.

I could see the new superman - man of steel or justice league be a cornerstone that would do wel on route, but there is just something about SM78 that if it happened I could see Stern maximising profits with another Kapow boutique run, especially since Joe has the licence and was the reason Stern got the BM66 deal.

If I was Stern it's the play I would make the licence has the nostalgic power to make it more successful than BM66.

#3941 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

i agree with this. I bet the next Stern/KaPow release is Superman the movie. Kapow already has the Wonder Wheel slot machine with Superman the movie assets, just like they have Batmann 66 slot machine. Hmmm?

Kapow have done a stand alone Superman 78 slot (its in the link I posted above), maybe it's a coincidence but it looks exactly the same as the Batman 66 slot almost a re-theme of sorts.

If Stern have any marketing sense (big IF) SM78 would the perfect follow up Kapow pin to BM66, it's the most beloved incarnation of the worlds most beloved superhero, plus the pin community has been asking for a new superman pin forever.

Beatles is a very good second choice though but it doesn't have the same pull imo as having BM66 & SM78 sat next to each other.

#3946 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I could see the Stern Pricing slogan now.......Up Up and Away!

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's another Stern price hike!

#3956 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Funniest thing I've read on Pinside in a long time.
Stern has shown time and again that "marketing" is a foreign concept. We can only hope that Zach has a clue.

I did say it was a big if

#3958 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Superman or Wonder Woman would be a perfect companion pin to Batman66.

I'd probably take both!

#3981 6 years ago

Worth baring in mind (trying to be positive here) that the SW might be getting regular updates because 90% of the code was done and lifted from GOT, this situation with BM66 code is a joke but I am hopeful that when Lyman drops his significant update that it's a unique and fun package.

I will take that over what feels and looks like a copy and paste, SW is a very good copy and paste but non the less it feels very much like GOT, I'd rather wait and have BM feel like it's own unique experience. End of positivity.

#3983 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll take your positivity and agree....I truly believe BM will be an awesome machine when finished. All the pieces are there....probably why the wait is so hard....

As frustrating as this wait is I do believe we are seeing this, because Lyman is working on BM from the ground up, where as Dwight has maybe copied a lot from GOT, then more I see of SW the more the code reminds me of GOT. I'll take new, unique code anyday.

It would just be nice if we got that code soon, maybe we will see it on the 1 year anniversary of the game (possibly Lyman is using that time/date to put as much as he can in the code up until that point?) either way Stern handling of things as usual is making it harder and harder to support them in the future.

#3984 6 years ago

On another note does anyone know which cards Stern used for the Adam West Signatures? I'd like to try and get one from the same set/series as the one in my LE signed by Burt.

#3989 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If you bought the numbered bluray boxset edition of the TV show, it included a subset of the 66 trading cards.
Burt Ward is gonna be at Terrificon in CT this weekend along with Lee Meriweather (catwoman from 1966 film). I might try and go since its only 1 hour away for me and supposedly this is the first time (so the ad claims) the batboat, batmobile, batcycle, and batcopter will be together at a single show.
When I brought my LE to a comicon earlier this year I took the Adam West card from my LE machine and brought it to his table and he charged me $120 to sign it. It ended up being a waste of money since Later in the show he came and played my game. After I showed him how the modes worked he signed my apron for free.
If you want me to try and get a card signed for you let me know and we can try and make it happen. Celebrities seem to change the price of their signatures from show to show by gauging what they can get away with. With Burt's I would expect it to be $100 plus or minus $40.
Here's the card I have with Robin on it from the bluray set:

Awesome Doc thank you for the offer that would be awesome!

My signed Adam West card is whirlpool:
IMG_4481 (resized).JPGIMG_4481 (resized).JPG

So do I keep the water theme with Aquatic Attack or go with a cool Robin card like Fighting Back?

decisions, decisions.....

#3992 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

As a followup to my post last night, just got off the phone w Mike at Automated, thanked him for the AFMRLE, then started talking BM. He is calling Gary, as well as several others at Stern NOW to express his customers displeasure in how they are handling the code/ communication issues.
Mike has always been great and upfront with me, and as one of the largest distros in the country, carries weight ( probably more than any of us individually). I really thanked him for doing this, and he assured me he knew the path to get resolution. I believe him.....we will see....
I think the distro is the best place to start......

If you can post anything you hear back from Mike that would be awesome.

#4005 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

The crane bash toy on mine isn't registering hits as well as it used to. Any tips on improving the sensitivity of it? Thanks.

I am sure there is a fairly simple adjustment, if it's not in the BM66 manual, get the BDK one up online, it's detailed in there as I had to reference it on my BDK a few years back.

#4032 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Agree, especially the movie music.
And I hope Lyman will put some video in a place where a clip from the movie's "some days you just can't get rid of a bomb" would fit in nicely.

That wont happen, pretty sure Gomez confirmed that Stern don't have the rights to any of the movie assets. As long as he puts something in the game that's almost placeholder though (there is an animation of the bomb scene for extra ball I think?) then we can swap it out with pinball browser which is fine by me! I would also love a place holder mode/scene where we could put the exploding shark/shark repellent scene into the game

#4049 6 years ago

Keep dreaming ... the Beatles would never happen. Unfortunately....

The rumour that Stern have the Beatles licence locked in have been circulating for months, so maybe they do have it? or maybe they are leaking false rumours?

As for the next Kapow title, the 2 best licences Joe Kaminkow's slot company has are Willy Wonka and Superman 78, think the company may have wonder woman but I would prefer a modern WW pin with Gal, that film was great and finally a good DCU film after the clusterf**ks that where BvS & Suicide Squad.

#4051 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Guys - there are plenty of threads to talk about what games Stern might do. It's not even marginally related to Batman 66. Can we please try and keep the Batman club thread free of such way off topic discussion?
Batman would probably remind Robin that such discussion is out of place -
"A Stern reminder Robin - It it is imperative we keep our thoughts pure and focus on protecting the good citizens Gotham City from distracting banter designed to clutter their minds."
"Holy Yellow Submarine Batman! I can't believe I was so inconsiderate !!"
"That's quite all right old chum - acknowledging you were inconsiderate shows how considerate you are!"

Normally I would agree, but a little positive discussion about the next Kapow (which is kind of related to BM66) is a lot better than all the negative chat about code, which is really the only discussion point at the moment.

Having said that, did you manage to get to that convenstion @docquest? Did they have the Batmobile, Batboat, Batcopter and Bat Cycle all there? photos of those would be pretty cool!

#4060 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Hade a good time at the Terrificon today. Lots of cool bat-stuff on display. Got to meet Burt Ward again and talk about his Batman66 SLE. He loves his game but has a problem with the crane and is wating for the service guy to fix it.
Here a pic of him signing the Robin cards a few pinsiders asked me to get signed.

Awesome, really appreciate you going to the trouble of getting those cards signed for myself and others, let me be the first to give you a big public shout out and thank you!!

#4088 6 years ago

Just on my way out to work but quick shout out to @docquest, sent my signed Burt Ward Robin card today, the guy is simply an awesome dude!!

#4092 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Pretty cool of a member to do that for so many!

Yeah docquest has been great at sharing the bat love

In all honesty I have been amazed by a lot of Pinsiders that have personally helped me out with things I have needed stateside, stuff off eBay where the seller wouldn't ship outside the US, stuff only sold in the US, times like this where docquest has been able to attend something pretty unique and exclusive, the good will and generosity of Pinsiders and Americans in general amazes me

#4096 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

Quick question bat friends....on the bottom of my LE playfield, on the left, directly above the drain near "Same Bat Time", I have a 1" metal post. There is also one on the right side, to the right of "Same Bat Channel" that is a clear plastic post with no rubber ring. Two questions...is the metal post on the left supposed to have a plastic and the one on the right, a rubber ring? I hope I'm making sense. Can post pics if needed. Thanks!

Yeah you have lost me, post a couple pics, will make it a lot easier for anyone to compare against your photos.

#4105 6 years ago

On a positive note, I got a call off Pat yesterday at Stern with a date for my BM66 playfield replacement, the playfield should be built/complete this Saturday so hopefully shipped to me direct next week

#4118 6 years ago

What was wrong with your playfield that you needed a new one? Btw thanks for the graph Manimal! I spit my drink out from laughing so hard.

Sorry dude didn't see your post, pretty much as Neil said above, me & one other LE owner got Premium playfield installed in our LEs.

It's taken a while to get it sorted but Pat Powers & John Buscaglia @ Stern have worked hard to get it sorted and our playfields should be complete this Saturday, with the hope of getting them shipped next week and to us within the next couple weeks.

#4121 6 years ago
Quoted from frg:

Yesterday I was very close to put my BM66 on sale... please come up with a code update soon

Don't sell it, cant say anything as I was asked not to and I don't believe I was lied to as there is/was no reason to as I already paid for my BM66LE, but we are going to get a very packed and polished update when it drops.

#4123 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If anyone in the know told you not to say anything, that is BS.
Stern owes all Batman 66 owners an update, not just a select few. I'm patient to a fault and expect Lyman to make the game great, but what purpose does it serve to dribble out information to a select few?

Because I pushed and asked can we expect something and to be blunt asked not to say any of the details which I won't. Take it for what it is something is in the works and knowing Lyman is the man doing it I believe we will all be more than pleased.

I simply said what I said above so frg doesn't sell his game now and then has to pay more to get one back should the game rise in value like most of Lymans do once he finishes code, simply trying to look out for a fellow pinhead.

#4127 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm not criticizing you for keeping your word not to say anything. I'm criticizing whoever asked you not to.

Honestly it's no more than what we have already been told and had posted in here from those who know more than most of us.

Lyman always delivers so we can take comfort in that, once the code drops it's clear that the incremental update plan was scrapped (maybe it's easier for Lyman to build all the layers of the game in one giant update) and we are going to get a big update.

Once it does history has shown us if Lyman is coding demand/price jump up when that big update hits. It happened with SM, AC/DC, MET, TWD, BM66 is already expensive enough

#4177 6 years ago

Let's not taint this thread with the above news.

Already sickended and angered by this enough in the thread about it, I want this thread where we can just enjoy Batman .

#4186 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think Matt mentioned he would offer the new ramp in different colors ( told him he would need blue for you SLE guys)...sticking with red on my LE ( just a better red). Our goal is to not make this look like a mod at all, but rather an OEM part that belonged from the start.
He made the comment that the form and flow looked great on the original, but it was never finished, probably rushed ( think we've heard this line before).....

Great news and thanks for pursuing this for the benefit of all us owners. The original factory ramp colours are a great option, do the factory ramps have a sparkle/flake in them or just a sold colour?

My LE had a Premium playfield installed so I have chrome ramps on my LE.

#4188 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The game is filled w very vibrant colors, want the ramp to be the same.

I was thinking one ramp gold flake and red powder and the other blue with a purple flake, the colours of both batman and robins suits although Robin did have green, that might be pushing it a little having 3 colours on one ramp

#4234 6 years ago

docquest you are awesome man thank you!

Will look great on my LE apron with my Adam West card

IMG_4995 (resized).JPGIMG_4995 (resized).JPG

#4242 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I will go over there later today and ask.........

If that's possible that would be great.

Maybe try and sneak ago on any BM66 they might have setup

#4250 6 years ago
Quoted from frg:

I'll ask them, "How do you expect to sell the next pinball machine"?

All you gotto do is look at SW, ghosting is normal, bare playfield, lamest LE to date, splitting caps, chipping clearcoats, abandonment of code, pathetical handling of their first SLE and Stern seem to be selling plenty of SW.

There are people in the SW owners thread saying the LE isn't worth the extra cash and have even taken out the LE translite and replaced it with the Premium one, for everyone 1 person that cancelled a SWLE there was 2/3 others taking their place including people not happy with their purchase yet still going ahead with it

#4263 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The lack of commmunication on Batman is going to hurt them. Just don't know when and how yet.

I would say now and cancelled LEs/loss of previously guaranteed sales. I was pretty much dropping out of SWLE because of the way they have handled BM66, once I saw SW and its completely disappointed me it just made it even easier to keep my wallet closed, there are others in this thread that like me would be in line to buy but didn't and did the same thing by stepping back.

Change is already here just a matter of how long before it becomes wide spread. Although when you have people saying there latest LE isn't worth it, they change out translites and talking about changing out the side rails, it does leave you wondering why didn't you just buy a premium then.... guess Stern will always have those guys

#4269 6 years ago

If Stern doesn't drop code by expo there's gonna be a shit storm for them to deal with.

October 15th? That happens to be the same weekend we have a big show here in the UK, would be great to have new code by then so any BM66's at both shows can reach new players/potential buyers.

#4270 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thats a great image you picked. Once you figure out a way to mount it on the apron with the Adam West card post some pics so others might get inspired.

Yeah I have a couple of ideas, I will report back with updates when it happens.

#4327 6 years ago

34 new posts since this morning I got all excited about new code, fooled again

#4341 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Homemade. If there was enough interest I could make some more. Its 2 pieces of painted plastic glued together with a small magnet on the back to hold it to the grill.

Interested

#4356 6 years ago

Because more than half of the game isn't coded......

- Minor Villains do nothing
- Gadgets don't function other than opening batcave on a plunge
- Seasons 1, 2 & 3 do nothing
- 2 Main Villain modes where changed into a new format, 2 more need updating to match
- Villain Vision doesn't function as stated
- Mini Wizard modes need adding/polishing
- Wizard modes need adding/finishing
- Over 70% of the video clips in the files are not present in game
- Same issue with audio clips, specially the custom clips recorded by Adam & Burt.

Even Stern cant be happy releasing their anniversary pin this unfinished, plus there is a huge update being worked on its just a case of when will Lyman be happy enough with it to release it.

#4368 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think the chrome would tie in well with the silver flake on the door, legs and rails.

Could have sworn my flake is gold, I'm going to have to check now.

#4380 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm going to do the right wireform in a dark purple. Powder is $15 for a half pound. Figure that should do it. I may do both back gates as well.

Be sure to post pics! I keep thinking about doing my left ramp red with gold flake maybe even a little green flake too (robins costume colours) and my right ramp like a blue with purple flake (representing batmans costume colours - not 100% accurat but I am not going grey and purple lol)

#4386 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Where do they talk about a big update dropping?

There have been emails/communications from Stern to distributors as well as several of us being told by Stern themselves Lyman is working on it and it's coming soon.

None of which is particularly reliable based on Sterns past behaviour of lying to their customers however the biggest assurance is the fact it is Lyman working on the code, he always finishes his games and has spoke out publically about code more than once followed by a surprise/final update.

#4424 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Then they will show the next shiny new game and everyone will forget about Ghostbusters and Batman66 and jump over each other to order the new game.

I added GB to your comment so this response makes a little more sense.

The new shiny game amnesia was certainly true a couple of releases ago but I think we saw a change with SW, a lot of people dropped out of LEs because the value and features where not there over the premium, a lot dropped out due to ghosting being a normal expectation to some degree now and I know BM66 played a good part in myself and a few others in this thread dropping out of SW, if Sterns current behaviour/treatment of customers can loose them sales on one of the biggest licences in history there is proof there is a change starting/coming.

#4440 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Looking for opinions...
I just finished powdercoat on my machine, it's a premium. Went with a black metallic with a slightly smaller metallic flake than the LEs shipped with. Did all the normal armor components plus the coin door, speaker panel and shooter housing. I'm having airbrushed pinstriping done next week. Going to do a red outer edge similar to the SLE and doing the bat insignia near the button on the lockbar in a custom painted bat logo to match th machine. Wanted to get away from the decals...
Anyways was thinking about doing some different things with the striping. There's lots of colors in the premium art and not as much focus on the bat mobile. Looking for opinions on using two colors for striping? Was thinking about adding some purple but welcome other ideas.

If your pinstripe guy is also a good freehand artist, the fighting text "POW" "WHACK" "BIFF" would look pretty cool on the armour.

Or the villains catchphrases, but in phonic style writing - jokers laugh "hahaaahaa, penguins qwack qwack qwack, riddlers giggle, catwomans meow etc etc

#4446 6 years ago

Anyone in this club in or near Marco Specialities in South Carolina?

#4464 6 years ago

My initial thoughts are similar to @trekkie1978, I removed the cat Plastics on my ramps to toy around with the ramp entrance and I would get air balls right off that lip where the ramp meets the wireform. My concern would be that a super clean/hard shot could lift and hit the half enclosed wire form, completely bricking the shot.

Have you had much chance to test it @mk6pin? I appreciate the time and care your taking over this man, it's going to make the game look and play all the better.

#4466 6 years ago

Thanks MK, pretty much answered my concerns with your reply to Trekkie. I know how much your love this pin so I am more than confident you will put this ramp through its paces until it's perfect.

#4503 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is this after-market ramp that's being worked on to replace the current ramp that has the clear plastic to keep the ball on the rails?
Let's say I'm interested. How difficult would it be to install if I've done very little/no real work on a pinball machine? (I've changed some fuses, changed out DMD for a color DMD, and added some really easy mods).

If you can change out a DMD for a ColourDMD you shouldn't have a problem swapping out a ramp!

Plus you can always come back and ask the rest of us here if you get stuck, wouldn't be too hard to post a step by step photo guide for you either.

#4504 6 years ago
Quoted from Bonnevil69:

So when I first looked at the factory ramp it did seem like the tight turn was a bit to aggressive at the transition. Would it be a good idea to design in a mellow turn into the form at the transition to stop the ball lift problem??

Would a fully enclosed wireform at the beginning cancel out the negative effects of the tight turn? I saw the current design has an almost open (3/4) wireform at the beginning which is pretty cool. I am not against a fully enclosed wireform at the beginning if it means you can copy the factory ramp minus the ball hops.

#4507 6 years ago
Quoted from Bonnevil69:

If it is a problem point which from what I read on here it seems to be. A solid hoop with fade back rails would work but it would lose momentum by hitting the form top. Just trying to get this right with minimum revisions that will take good play time away from Mark

Yeah loosing the speed of the ramp would suck a little, the ramps on this game are super fast and smooth when the ball doesn't jump off, so whatever works best to keep that speed I would be happy with.

Would there be away to keep the gate or make it optional for users to mount their ramp switches? As ugly as gates are I would like to keep both ramps looking aesthetically the same/factory.

#4512 6 years ago

Reading your posts MK6PIN 2 things are clear, firstly you have put a lot of time and thought into this ramp already and secondly you are the right man for the job along with Bonnevil69 to make that left ramp kick ass!

#4514 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ha....I've put in TOO much time on this ramp.......I've got a blanket over the machine right now because it haunts me when I stare at the playfield...I'm quite sure Matt is growing weary of me with dimensions, thoughts, but am also quite sure this ramp WILL kick ass.
Truly believe it will be as beautiful as it is functional....we are strange hobbyists to obsess over things like this...I just want it right..

George should have designed this thing right to begin with he often touts he is an engineer at heart, maybe he should give you a slice of his role, you could be VP of Ramp Design

#4549 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Well I Finally joined the Batman LE club today thanks to an Amazing local Pinsider #Kklank. He is letting me relive my childhood entertainment with one of the cleanest (not sure he ever played it) examples I ever seen! My kids and even my wife Love the theme and we are proud to make Batman LE #97 "Bat Jets" part of our collection for a Long time!! Minor coincidence, I get Bat Jets and I sell Water Jets for a living.... Anyway, within the next month I hope to have this converted to a 100% SLE-clone to finalize my vision. While waiting for the machine I have collected every toy, waterjet a mirror copy of the SLE speaker acrylic parts, and the pin striping goes on tomorrow! I do feel a bit guilty joining this group so late in the game with all that you have waited on software wise. For me the first code drop counter is only day one! sorry... Learned a lot on this group and plan to share my modifications etc with the group as I progress. Same Bat Channel!!

Welcome to the club! But isn't that the Batman Returns bat signal?

#4602 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

New rumor is no GOTG at Expo. I'm curious if this is because Lyman is not done with BM66 yet.

Rumour is Lonnie is on GOTG

If true BM66/Lyman is unlikely to effect GOTG reveal. Honestly I'd rather GOTG be delayed so Lyman can code it, the theme needs an adventure feel to it like SM, TWD and let Lonnie code the next non adventure music pin.

#4605 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Despite being a dream theme for me, I will not be ordering.

Same here, the whole experience with BM66 and the complete letdown that was SW has me looking at TNA, JJP 4 or Houdini.

Stern can certainly win me back as a customer but they need to get their shit together, decent launch code, good code/bug support first 12 months of release and full featured playfields, a sat nav and bobblehead don't cut it!

#4617 6 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

.....Here are some cool playfield mods that look great on the Premium Batman 66 games. These are the licensed Batmobile and Batboat that is seen from the factory in the Super LE from Stern. They are both mounted on a clear acrylic plate with metal hex stand offs. These are mounted in the same location as the Super LE. These and other fantastic mods for BM66 and many other games can be found at http://www.modfatherpinball.com Explore the website , hundreds of different mods for all kinds of games. Check out the custom paint section, always interesting to see.

Some of your mods use the incorrect Bat symbol, your decal set uses the 89 movie bat symbol as well as your SLE pin gulp. Key chains use the bat symbol from Batman Forever, just a little friendly feedback incase you want your designs to be more show/theme accurate.

#4622 6 years ago

Damn it doc I was happy with the idea of changing out the white leds for red, now I'm going to have to change the whole thing, your before and after is too good to ignore, now I've seen it I have to have my beacon like that

Awesome work as always doc you have really added some nice finishing touches to BM66, between you and MK and with Lymans eventual code BM66 is going to be a top 5 Stern.

#4642 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

IF TWD is any indication the topper won't really do anything
I hope Lyman surprises us
There can't be any way code doesn't drop before Expo right?

BM66 is definitely the best topper Stern has produced to date, I am not a topper guy at all, never owned one but the BM66 topper is an exception and one of the big reasons I went in on an LE over a prem.

It would be great to see it activate during specific modes:

Beacon on during Bat-Turn
Projector/Bat signal on when Bat phone rings
Beacon and Batman & Robin on after you answer the phone (going to meet the Commissioner)

Just little things like those that mimic and tie it into the actions B & R take in each episode.

As for code Ice, I really hope we see something in time for Expo, my BM66 is back in its box for the time being while I wait for my playfield replacement among other things, I would love nothing more than to re open my LE for its new playfield & new code, it will be like an entirely new game again and hopefully and epic one if Lyman works his magic.

#4644 6 years ago
Quoted from LilNubi:

Out of all the current machines this is the one I want the most. I can overlook that it's a Stern but come on...it's BEAUTIFUL! I've yet to get my hands on it but hopefully next year at Pinfest they'll have one for me to pick up...

I know about a dozen people that would like to jump in on a BM66, but the code is the reason they are all standing on the sidelines, how Stern don't realise by now that their piss poor communication and code support is hurting them is beyond me

#4649 6 years ago

My LE might be back in the box while I wait for my playfield and code but that's doesn't mean goodies for my LE have to wait.

Look what Hot Wheels goodies arrived today, Batboat and Batcopter not pictured but I managed to take it a step above the SLE and found a set that had Batgirls Batcycle in it, very cool model I had never seen before.

IMG_5453 (resized).JPGIMG_5453 (resized).JPG

IMG_5454 (resized).JPGIMG_5454 (resized).JPG

IMG_5455 (resized).JPGIMG_5455 (resized).JPG

#4651 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looks nice. I think that set was a comicon exclusive a few years ago.

Yeah that's the one Doc, SDCC I believe, they are the same scale as the ones on the SLE. Not 100% sure the Batmobile will go on the spinner mech, I hope it does.

I had never seen Batgirls Batcycle before though so I guess it's exclusive to this set, I have been watching a couple on eBay for a while but they are ridiculously priced stumbled across this one at a great price and it was already in the UK which was a bonus no shipping and 20% import.

#4662 6 years ago
Quoted from Bonnevil69:

Can anybody tell me what type of pins and the orientation of them for the left ramp switch??

While your on the subject of the left ramp switch, would it be possible to mount the existing ramp gate to your new ramp? To keep it looking similar to the right ramp.

#4665 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Right ramp uses opto, not a gate...pic of left switch connector...already sent to Matt

Shows how little I've actually played my LE the last couple months.

#4677 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

As a heads up...I'll be moving the wireform process to the correct thread, as it will have a lot of boring ( for some) stuff in it. Will leave this thread open for code updates, and any other cool BM stuff...mark

Could you drop a link in here though Mark? I seem to be struggling to find the wireform thread in my active threads list.. thanks.

#4694 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Coolest batman mod I have seen yet.

Where did you come across that?

#4711 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Wow. 120 days.
I heard they are not announcing the new game. So we will see.
My guess is Lyman is helping on GOTG and they cannot push that until BM66 is done.
The smart play would be having AS, BM66 and Star Wars done. Maybe even GOT and GB updates and come to Expo with the message we are committed to finishing games.
I'd still announce the next game to build excitement.

I have heard the rumour they won't be announcing the next game at Expo, seems like a missed opportunity though, when the smart move would be to start their presentation off with surprise code drops for all current games, complete code would certainly win back more confidence. But code drops none the less and then show off the next new game.

Unless they have a lot of BM66 to shift and they want to almost relaunch it.?

Then again it was rumoured that Elwins Archer design was going to be GOTG, that changed to Trudeau being next, then the news about John broke, so maybe the next game isn't being announced due to John and Stern reshuffling releases.?

I have heard that GOTG is now Borg and code is Tanio. Lyman will be working on Elivra and I am purely guessing here but maybe the operating system for that unless it's running on spike/spike2??

#4716 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

We're getting off topic into the Expo section, but what else is there to discuss?
An equally plausible reason, or contributing factor to not releasing a new game at Expo is that they simply don't need to do so. If SW, MET, ACDC 1.1, GB and SMVE are filling the production lines for the next few months, why divert the market to yet another game? Re-launching Batman gives them another 'free' game (maybe with an alt translite on 2.0 Prems, just imagining things now) to possibly keep the production line full with some new orders of a 'done' game. Maybe they just don't need another game right now.

There are "rumours" that GB sales have dropped off a cliff, AS sales peaked at reveal but have declined and SW is not selling anywhere near as well as expected. If any of that is actually true then that would give Stern a good reason to reveal a new game, plus I am sure Gary would like to steal some of the thunder from JJP #4.

The smartest move for Stern regardless of what rumours are true or not, is for them to announce multiple code updates, apologise for the delays but hope sincerely that everyone is happy with the fruits of these delays and then showcase a teaser of the next game, doesn't have to be a full reveal, but enough to get people talking and speculating, multiple code releases will please a lot of people and go along way to making a new game announcement go down smoothly, rather than implode like a bomb.

#4718 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I know I am going to get accused of making something up when I say this part is not true, but it isn't. There may be a few collectors that are passing on the SW theme, but the route operators are loving it because it is earning a lot more than most other games. Maybe that is just the theme, or maybe it is the play, but the route guys are happy with SW and I am told the orders are very robust. I have personally seen the parts and cabinets stacked up for production on both SW and AS, so I doubt Stern is singing the blues. I don't know what the targets actually are, but they are still selling well.

That's why I said there are rumours, just went back and edited my post and highlighted its only rumours. If that is the case then and AS and SW sales are good, then maybe we will infact see a new game reveal at Expo? A few big code updates would definitely have a positive effect on that or any announcement.

#4740 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Its drawn that way on the pinball game side drains as well.

"Batman Day" is an annual day promoted by DC to celebrate all things Batman. It started 4 years ago to commemorate the 75'th anniversary of his first Batman comic.
This year it was yesterday, Saturday Sept 23'rd. I was hoping Stern would use that day to maybe tease us with some more solid code update news. I guess not.

Doc where did you find that image? You seem to find all these BM66 gems, are you Mr Franchi in disguise

I noticed that on my playfield almost instantly there is some great detail on the BM66 Playfield, I would love to see some batpole footage integrated with the outline switches, such a great art choice would be great if there was some integration to the art and LCD.

Any chance you have the art used on the SLE cabinets?

#4753 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So the final thing that bugs me about b66, the atomic pile. Surely someone can come up with one that looks like the original.....

I thought the same ages ago, laser cut or waterjet replacement Plastics in acrylic or something super strong with a silvery tint to it with the red edging on, from what Yelobird has shown so far with his mods I think he's the guy for the job and could make an awesome replacement!

I'd also like that horrid orange plastic that the Batmobile is riveted to replaced with something more show accurate or just better looking. Yelobird batmobile and batboat mount is awesome with the little bat sign cut into it, if he could do one like that for the spinner that would look awesome!!

What do you think @yelobird? Have you given any thought to replacing the atomic pile during your SLE upgrade quest?

#4755 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yes I agree on the Atomic pile, seems kind of last minute. I am working on a concept for that now

That's all I need to hear Dave, I'll happily wait for your reveal.

I will drop you a pm shortly as I'd rather buy everything at once from you, saves me the cost of shipping multiple packages.

Look forward to seeing what you have planned for Atomic Pile area!

#4776 6 years ago

I'm sure someone could just call and ask Sterm what colour they used on the factory ramp, as my LE came with a premium playfield I haven't seen the red ramp with my own eyes.

#4778 6 years ago

Mark any chance you or someone could upload a nice HD photo of the LE ramp? Would be good to see a true representation of one and not a photoshopped release via stern.

#4797 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

Has anyone bought any Chroma Nuts for BM66? I've been told I need 6-32 for the plastic protectors, which I got and installed from Mezel Mods. Where can you use 8-32 on this machine? Also, any suggestions as to what colors would look good and some pics would be great! I'm leaning towards the Slime Green on the outlanes and Red or Orange on the slings. Thanks!

If you buy anymore just buy direct @ https://chromapinball.com all sizes and colours available. Like thunderking50 said there is a lot of Phillips screws at the bottom of BM66, but I may get some nuts for the wireforms, specially once we get the new kick ass left ramp!

#4819 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

The pinstripe mounting kit from The MOD Couple looks awesome! I can't decide what I'd mount on it. I agree the Batmobile is redundant, plus I've never, ever seen the Batmobile tow the Bat Boat! It just looks funny.

I would like to see a few more mounts from the Mod Couple, once the new code drops and I get my game back out its box I'm going to fire over some ideas and see what they think.

I'd like a new mounting for the Batmobile spinner and a more show accurate Atomic Pile to start with!

#4830 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Stern uses a white pop bumper body for the atomic pile. I replaced mine with a translucent pop bumper body which allows for a brighter flash from the flasher inside of it.
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-star-trek-the-next-generation-pop-bumper-body-p-42.html

Thanks Doc, clear is certainly going to be a big improvement and get it closer to looking a little more show accurate with some new Atomic Pile Plastics.

#4831 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great idea!!! I can't wait to get this whole thing together....tend to agree " best modded machine before the code was finished".....

Yeah a clear pop body with some new pinstriped plastics will make the Atomic Pile look awesome and look almost show accurate.

Yelobird aka modcouple has shown they can do some great plastic mounts, hoping they can do some replacement Plastics for the Atomic Pile with some pin stripping to replicate the look below.

IMG_5719 (resized).JPGIMG_5719 (resized).JPG

Atomic Pile drawn in 3D
IMG_5718 (resized).JPGIMG_5718 (resized).JPG

#4837 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I put it new brackets. That did it for me.

Which brackets did you use? Any chance of Parts no? Or Pics?

#4839 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It's the L shaped bracket that holds the switch to the playfield.

Did you double them up? Reposition? Or simply use a better bracket than factory ones? Thanks.

#4845 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks to all on the Joker adjustment ideas. I will give it a try today and hope this goes away.

Any idea when you will have something to show for the modded Batmobile spinner and Atomic Pile? Ideally I want to order your stuff all at once and there is more than one of us in the UK that would like to do the same to make a bulk order.

#4855 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If you want villain cars from the actual TV series, eaglemoss produced a few. They did a joker mobile from the surfing episode in season 3, a catmobile that eartha kit drove around in season 3, and a batmobile after penguin stole it and pimped it out to be the "bird-mobile" from season 1.
The eaglemoss cars are a little bigger (maybe 1:43 or 1:50 scale) but very detailed. Hot wheels also put out a penguin bird-mobile at one point as well.

Doc do you know what scale the Batmobile on the spinner is? I believe all the extra SLE hot wheels models are the 1:50th is the Batmobile spinner the same?

#4868 6 years ago

Doc could a hot wheels batmobile the same scale as the batcycle and batcopter be put on the battmobile spinner? is there sufficient room for a little over hang? I ask as my LE is back in its box waiting for my playfield and the current model is pretty poor in the detail department, would be a big improvement being able to use a 1:50th over the factory 1:64. The hallmark batmobile is definitely too big, I tried that which is a shame as its a great model.

#4870 6 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Man I hope we get some decent code soon.... loosing the will to live with this game so much potential but playing it right now isn't fun anymore

Juice do you have an LE or Premium ?

#4872 6 years ago

The spinner platform is exactly 3 1/4" in diameter. Might be difficult getting 2 vehicles on there.

I am thinking about taking the crappy looking Batmobile off my spinner (think its 1:64, doc seems to confirm that above) and replacing it with a 1:50th one if it fits as its a lot more detailed and would match the boat, copter and cycles perfectly.

My LE is back in its box while I wait on my playfield to arrive so curious if it would be possible, love the spinner except for the poorly detailed Batmobile.

#4890 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thsts what I would think as well.
IF there is a code drop coming I would think they would want it out this week. Then it would get some momentum buzz going by time expo starts.
Stern will be pretty busy getting ready for the show and tour next week so you would think they would want to get the update(s) done and out if the way this week.
The downside would be if it was buggy or had issues then it would be an embarrassing point of discussion at expo.

Currently there are rumours that Stern won't be showing their next game (GOTG?) instead there might just be a simple tease.

If that's true maybe Stern are going to use this Expo, to reshape and change their ways, an Expo presentation all about current titles, code support plans for future titles and big code drops for current titles, addressing their recent quality issues and their future improvement in communicating with us/their customers and all those areas above, before showcasing a little GOTG tease!?

Then again......

IMG_5781.GIFIMG_5781.GIF

#4905 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Exactly. For almost 5 months with Lyman "full time" on it like Gomez was fond of saying, it should be a huge update putting it at or over 1.00 with way more than just cliffhangers coded.

My understanding is Lyman quickly made it clear to George that fortnightly updates just wasn't realistic and his desire to get a v1.00 release that is top 5 Stern worthy is the reason for the year long wait - he is personally and financially invested in this game.

Although the fact only major villain cliffhangers are mentioned is a little worrying, but trying to look at it positively, that might just be highlighting a particular feature Lyman is personally proud of? If the cliffhangers work like the shows cliffhangers and it makes you feel like your playing through episodes of the show to track down the villain, escape their trap and finally capture them then that is theme integration at best!

#4917 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thanks. Sounds like a nice risk vs reward option during gameplay.
I really like how Lyman is linking fun elements from the series (like the emergency bat-turn and cliffhangers) into the playfield features and modes. It truly integrates the theme into the game vs other games where the theme almost seeks like an afterthought.

It is the little things like this that make the phrase "in Lyman we trust" ring true, I am hoping that if you continue the episode, you then have to escape the villains trap just like in the shows cliff hangers. Once you escape the trap, you can once again continue if you choose to track down and catch the villain, following the same structure as the shows episodes.

This would be perfect theme integration and make it feel as if your actually involved/playing as Batman and Robin though an episode of the show, would love a couple more teases like this leading up to potential code and expo next week.

#4925 6 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

What gets under my skin, is why even come up and promote a '2 week code update til we get you there' promise on a game, when they had never done this before, if the design team members thought it was not feasible. You are just going to piss people off when you pull the plug on it????? It makes no sense to me. As i said before, when i saw this i expected them to have thought about it carefully beforehand and put appropriate measures in place so lyman would not be bogged down with whatever else came along later.. I mean it doesn't take a genius to work out that 1 guy doing 2 weekly updates with need to be solely on 1 game for a good length of time.
They also created a special flyer and a mailing address for receiving updates on the game which i though would be used to communicate more than just 'hey this xxx code release is ready..' Again this was a total non starter.

George making that comment clearly shows he was (hopefully no longer) out of touch with the development process of code which is ridiculous as he is VP of Game Design. I was told he has been kicking himself for saying it and honestly it wouldn't have been a problem if he came out and said "look sorry guys I promised this being a little naïve/over excited , we wont be able to do the 2 weekly updates as I promised but we will keep you up to date and the promise of getting you there isn't going to change". Hopefully Zach/Josh? Can't remember which joining and now showing a new sign of communicating with us all is signs of this never happening again.

As for the flyer thing, I think that was a great idea but once the regular code updates where knocked on the head that was probably forgotten about and lost in the mix. Things sound very archaic at Stern, like they are running things like its still the 80s/90s, departments clearly don't talk to one another, but hopefully Zach is going to address not only external communication to us but hopefully internally from marketing to the end product!?

#4928 6 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Knowing what stern will now have on their stand at expo fills me with more optimism now as batman 66 is included. Thus the update to it must be significant and they are wanting to promote. A good sign

Lyman, George, Franchi and a few others who are/have been on the development of BM66 have personally brought BM66 games so that's also good to know, although Lyman has never let us down with code, its always good to know that someone as high up as George has the game at home, hopefully that means he will allow Lyman further development of the game after the rumoured big v1.00 expo update, to really polish and add to it and make it a classic!

Quoted from applejuice:

I'm convinced that they mentioned the regular update thing before Gomez even reinforced it. Saying it was brain fart from Gomez doesn't ring true to me. The flyer and the comm update idea was inside my game staring at me before I even plugged it in so the better comms and regular update idea was created long before any promo live streaming

I think it was an idea George had from the beginning, whether it was discussed with all the guys developing the game is a question only he/they have the answer to, but everything seemed to be put in place, the Commissioner Gordon newsletter/flyer and then the follow up comments regarding regular code, just seems to have been a massive error of judgement, which is no excuse.

But with a an update good enough to blow our socks off, it will go a long way to repair a lot of the damage caused by this entire process.

#4930 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think i've hit 4 billion or so. Pretty cool game right? You timed the update just right.

If that cliff hanger mode that was teased works out to be half as good as it could be, we are in for a treat ice!

#4940 6 years ago

Watch Lyman change the commissioner target behaviour in next weeks "rumoured" code drop making it more complex to exploit.

#4954 6 years ago

BM66 code is planned to drop next week guys, other than that I don't know what to say SW getting another drop before BM66 isn't the best PR move.

#4959 6 years ago

batman_plot (resized).pngbatman_plot (resized).png

#4962 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

best batgraph ever!!!

I don't know this one made me and a friend chuckle

bmgraph (resized).pngbmgraph (resized).png

#4970 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

J85M, Is code update next week just a guess or do you know something?

Its not a guess

However whether it actually happens or not, is like trying to guess the lottery numbers.

#4974 6 years ago

Amazing Doc that is awesome!
giphy.gifgiphy.gif

pen.gifpen.gifrid.gifrid.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#4985 6 years ago

Providing what has been said is true and actually comes to fruition BM66 release should be v1.00 or higher when it drops next week.

#4989 6 years ago

Regardless which game is code complete first, I believe BM66 will have the superior code and easily the better theme integration between code and playfield.

#5006 6 years ago

stern-logos_3572 (resized).jpgstern-logos_3572 (resized).jpg

#5016 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Neither of those is helping Stern much lately.

It was more of a tongue in cheek joke/batman reference, as I was watching Batman Begins it's a play on the words that Bruce/Batman says to Rachael.

#5023 6 years ago

And then Waison turned it around and made it super fun game. If you haven't played it since the last update, you haven't played xmen.

Has Waison coded anything since X-Men?

#5028 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

I dream of a real BM66 Club without the whining.

One definition of whining is "to complain in a feeble or petulant way" so far that's not been the case in this thread, there has certainly been a lot of complaints, but I would say they are all justified and no one has been childishly sulky or bad-tempered.

Yeah everyone is pissed at this point some more than others, but to say this club so far has been whiny is incorrect, this club has some of the most passionate and creative people dedicated to this title in here, look no further than MK6PIN working on the new ramp, docquest improved topper beacon & bat signal, Yelobird SLE upgrades.

IMO there is more passion in here than any other club, people here truely love this game in away you don't see in other club threads other than maybe TRON, but patience is running thin and rightly so, Stern have not communicated to the buyers/group and left us all in the dark for a year now, on their most expensive game to date, whiny is the last word I would use for this club. Stupid!? Yeah plenty of that for us buying at the insane price but there's just way to much love in here

#5030 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

You're right J85M. Really. This club is full of real passionate pinsiders. Lots of inventive mods and ideas. I wish we will be all happy. That's what I was saying

100% agree with that sentiment and if what has been said to a few of us is true, then we can look forward to v1.00 or higher this coming week leading into Expo, I would certainly like to believe Lyman working hard and dropping a v1.00 or higher (based on how much he has added at times with 0.05 updates that would will all be pleasantly surprised at least I hope we all are after this wait.

#5034 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

3 - A substantial portion of the left playfield is taken up by 6 gadget standups. Make them do something more than they do now, because its a real buzz kill to complete a long row of 6 targets just to get one shot removed from a villain. Surely that isn't the entirety of their envisioned implementation. If so, I'll be disappointed. I was hoping for something innovative like maybe a hurry up mode to hit them and build a bat utility belt at the start of each game, or something imaginative from Lyman, especially given the amount of playfield real estate that they take up.

The only thing I have seen a gadget do is let me steal a lock in the bat cave from launching a new ball into play from the shooter lane.

Quoted from taz:

6 - Use that expensive small TV on the playfield for the supposed villain taunts that Gomez told us about at Expo.
7 - Finally, I haven't noticed substantial call outs, what about all those custom prepared by Adam and Burt?

Probably the top 2 things I want from next weeks update!

#5039 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Mod Couple is Pleased to say we have completed the Batman Super LE illuminated light kits On time and are available to ship starting Monday! Limited run this first batch but we wanted to stay on our commitment and promise. Info as well pricing and additional photos are available via our Batman Super LE Clone thread below. Something to keep you guys/gals busy while we wait for the big code drop next week!! Thanks all for the interest! PM after reviewing other post for interest. Thanks
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-super-le-clone-mods-and-how-to-map-to-sle/page/2#post-4004846
The Mod Couple

IMG_5880.GIFIMG_5880.GIF

#5059 6 years ago

Doubtful it's coming today guys.

Other than "this week" it's like trying to get blood out of a stone

#5064 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Did they actually say it would be this week or we just assuming it because of expo?

I never assume anything with Stern these days.

#5086 6 years ago

21 new posts finally I thought! Jump into thread and it's talk about Star Wars

Quoted from frolic:

I’m not sure if Batman was supposed to be a big seller. That was the whole boutique concept of it. Less sales but at higher pricing. Obviously we’ve run the numbers here and their cash take on it when you factor in SLE is significant.
But if they leave the Batman owners not feeling good about their games it will be very hard the next time they try a boutique release.

Great points, Sterns handling of this title must have damaged future KaPow/SLE releases, they have totally shot themselves in the foot on this one.

But surely Stern must have wanted to sell at least a couple of runs of Premiums? Its gotto be down to poor management and squeezing it into their already tight development/release cycle.

#5106 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That's words, then action. That's what got them into this mess.
We need action, then words.

+1 if it doesn't drop this week then their word means f'k all moving forward....

#5109 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

All we know for sure is we have waited a long time for the code.....none of us and I mean NONE of us have any idea how long the code actually takes to develop. There are a lot of folks here that think they do, but none of them know the timeline as a fact.

applejuice is our club member programmer, believe he's done a few code re-writes and magic girl.

But the real answer to how long the code actually takes to develop is an unknown because we don't know how much Lyman has crammed into this update it could be and I really hope it's HUGE!

#5127 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was thinking about replacing the ball deflector on the bottom of the batgirl plastic with something more interesting but was still functional.

There is a Batgirl cyle out there I could use but who knows if she'll ever be in the game or not.

I brought the Batgirl cycle for that very reason, to replace the ugly factory deflector.

Has anyone had a ball jump up on the Batgirl plastic? As of yet I've never seen it happen although I haven't played my BM66 extensively.

#5130 6 years ago

Thanks guys I'll install the Batgirl cycle with a clear divertor, might see if the Yelobird aka mod couple could, design a nice one for me and everyone else - with Batgirls bat symbol cut through the centre and paint up the edges of the symbol yellow and edges of the divertor itself sparkly purple.

#5138 6 years ago

When the code drops it better blow us away!!

IMG_5878.GIFIMG_5878.GIF

#5139 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If you put the cycle there it should block the path enough that you shouldnt need the divertor at all.

Yeah but a cool looking Batgirl plastic/diverter would look pretty nice and match up with other plastics I plan on making/adding.

Plus it would stop any air balls hitting the bike as it's not an easy model to find/replace.

#5152 6 years ago

Something to distract us all from yet more code frustrations.....

cat.gifcat.gif

#5154 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Code? What code?
Good thing that clip isn't in the game.

It should be, if your reading this, please add it in Lyman that clip can make this all better!

#5157 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So here's a good one. After taking my coin door/ shooter rod assembly back to the powder guys this afternoon (just couldn't look at that much sparkle, it will be recoated correctly by the weekend):
I was in kind of a pissy mood, and decided to call Mike @ Automated and bitch about the code.
He stated "what are you talking about, it's been out for 2 days now"!!!!
I said "WTF, not on the site it's not". He reiterated it had been released,acted like he was stating fact, and had April take my e-mail so they could send it to me!!!
This only happened about an hour ago...no e-mail yet, but tells me the new code is somewhere.........geesh

Call him back and ask him for a detailed breakdown of what's been added, I truly hope for everyone in this club the update surpasses expectations, if anyone can deliver that its Lyman.

Quoted from docquest:

I don't think they can email you a 4 gigabyte file. Maybe he's confusing the Batman code with the Star Wars code.

That was my initial thought, but then following that I did think to myself if anyone should know the difference between pinball code for Batman and Star Wars code its some like Mike at automated.

#5161 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

No code by Expo has come true. Maybe by months end?

I thought Expo was this weekend?

#5168 6 years ago

Code will be released as soon as Batman & Robin reach the top of the building....

IMG_5884.GIFIMG_5884.GIF

#5186 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It better be on the website to download by then.

If it isn't there to download, is there anyone here that will be attending Sterns seminar to ask wtf it is?

#5195 6 years ago
Quoted from FourFlippers:

Not to side track this too much but they may have a bigger issue today. I operate a Star Wars Premium and 1 day after the new 0.92 code drop the fork ramp motor quit. Did some tests and it appeared to be the controller board. Spoke to Chaz at Stern and they overnighted another board. It worked again for 1 day then failed again. Checked Pinside last night and this seems to have become epidemic and points to a code issue causing the board to burn up.
Basically, at Expo, they could be running into a really serious PR problem...they're 2 premiere games, one without adequate code and the other without the main feature working.
They better get a handle on this NOW!!!!

Unfortunately this is the problem you face when you have barely enough staff to maintain code on all titles currently in production and backlog code updates, because when an unexpected issues pops up your guys are pulled in both directions.

I have been told the way Stern operate internally is archaic and needs drastically streamlining and these continual delays are almost proof of this. Stern need to do something drastic to turn this around otherwise my business with them is over and I'll look elsewhere for my pinball fix, a couple of years ago that wasn't a valid threat/comment but now there are more options than ever.

#5199 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This is why you build games and put them on location for testing before wide release.
But you're saying they may not address the really bad PR problem that exists with Batman because they may have a worse one with Star Wars? Stern needs to be able to walk and chew gum at the same time. Pitiful code at release, playfield and cabinet issues, poor quality control, zero communication with those of us that actually buy their games, increasing prices while decreasing features and a complete lack of understanding of basic marketing concepts and new market paradigms are just as serious problems that all need to be addressed.
The Stern of the Union post indicated Batman code would be released "soon". If release is at the end of the month, that means "soon" equates to almost 4 weeks, which is really pushing the definition and strains credibility.

The whole Stern of Union post was complete crap, the name doesn't roll off the tongue to begin with and is a poor PR/marketing choice to begin with and the "soon" is no better than "stay tuned".

Dropping some killer code at Expo was a must imo as a way of saying "thanks for baring with us, we hope you feel it's been worth it" no code at Expo is a we don't give a shit about our customers "they have waited this long what's a couple more months, just tell them soon".

I would love to be proven wrong and eat a large plate of crow with some ketchup!

#5203 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

I will be the (possibly only) one with the Free Play Florida lanyard, have to represent!

Matt if you could ask what the hell is going on with Batman code that would be awesome and if anyone at Stern says "soon" or "stay tuned" throw your shoe at them

#5219 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

On the show throwing, I only brought one pair.....

Throw both shoes then, walking around in one shoe would just be silly

#5220 6 years ago

What time is Sterns big talk? Will anyone be streaming it or reporting on it?

#5228 6 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

From Facebook
Come check out this year's Stern booth at Chicago Pinball Expo! For those in attendance we've got a sneak preview of what's to come in our next Batman code update. Keep on flipping! Expo

A sneak preview!? Stern better be f**king joking this code has taken far too long and it's still only a preview!? Is spike2 coded using a chisel and slate!?

#5237 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

BM66 code has been complete for a while now

Says who?

#5244 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If anyone has has questions to ask during Q and A post them here.

When's the BM66 code being released? Solid date no more bullshit, how far off complete is code currently.

Are Stern happy that their most loyal customers feel completely fucked over by them?

Obviously feel free to tone down the colourful language but that is how I would say it

#5247 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Can you please ask them what their position is on global warming..... and if you have time, Where be the code! Lol

At this rate we will see a second ice age before Stern release code for BM66.

#5249 6 years ago
Quoted from PinFun:

Stern just replied "very soon"

At this point that doesn't mean anything and if that's the new PR guys response it's no better than "stay tuned".

#5257 6 years ago

Watching now, from Gary's current comments, maybe they should scrap Prem and LE models, as building 12 different titles/versions is clearly spreading Sterns resources too thin.

#5262 6 years ago

Gomez addressing BM66 now, who ever asked that your a hero!

#5269 6 years ago

Haha Gary just slipped up "Star Wars, we could have put the music and some lights into an empty box and sold loa...........", kudos to him he corrected himself almost instantly.

#5285 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm not blaming Lyman or anybody really. Kind of hard to believe he's been exclusive to this and we are at .80 code
I wonder why Batman is so challenging versus so AS or SW?

SW foundations copies a lot from GOT and AS foundations copies a lot from KISS so that probably helped speed those titles up, BM66 was made from the ground up and from the sounds of it, certain things where scrapped and redone, I also got the impression off George that they have hit road blocks on ideas for the code...

#5289 6 years ago

Shocked at Deadflip, he asked on his stream if people had questions, people where asking him to ask things but not a peep out of him, had to switch to the Facebook stream as all I could hear was him and Jody chatting like a pair of little school girls.

For those who missed the stream George said the new code will add/complete

Refine and Complete Major Villains
Add Cliffhangers to continue Episodes
Tonne more Audio and video

#5292 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Nothing on minor villains that I heard

Yeah didn't think so wasn't sure though, thought I might be adding that into my memory as wishful thinking

#5294 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Of course they did, the choice of inserts was terrible: TV and Seasons, not to mention a massive amount of playfield real estate dedicated to Gadgets? How about inserts for minor-Villains, Batgirl, Batuzi, Parachute Drop/Pickup, etc? It seems to me that they didn't really know what modes they were going to have when they locked-in the playfield.

I guess that's what happens when you change plans halfway through developing a game and rush it out the door to meet some Anniversary deadline. The game still has HUGE potential though, the cliffhangers are proof of that and a stroke of genius when it comes to theme integration.

The Villain Vision TV, needs to have its main selling point/feature coded in this next update, it was one of the features I was most looking forward to having the Villains taunt me as I play through their modes - it would also help the fact there are no Minor Villain inserts, if the Villain your facing is on the TV taunting you that's 10x better than a flashing insert!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

1,121 posts in this topic match your search for posts by j85m. You are on page 2 of 5.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/2?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.