IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 298 of 374.
#14851 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I've reached out to my distributor 2x in 5 years. Once was for a topper purchase and another was for a bunch of phantom errors on my KISS. Both times I was told to call Stern/ Chas. My distributor just wants to sell new and be done with the customer. Dealing with him otherwise is pretty useless.

I think you need a new distributor (if possible).

Rob

#14852 4 years ago

I had a weird issue a couple of days ago, where I turned the game on, and nothing happened. Did it a couple of times, heard a couple ticking sounds, and then nothing. Just some red light on the board showing through the translite.

Then tried it again, and it booted. With the stuff I'm hearing about node board issues, I am getting a bit nervous.

I now have 3 Spike games, but I'm reluctant to buy another.

Had a board with issues on my original MM, and I was able to quickly and easily get it repaired and bulletproofed.

#14854 4 years ago

What was the deal with code 10.04.0 ? I never saw it posted on the website, but I read some games were shipping with it. I went from 10.03.0 to 10.05.0.

#14855 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

So this update does not override high scores? For precaution, there is a way to save high scores and reload them? How is this done?

with older games, you were able to put in your own high scores manually. although this idea seems inane. who cares about past high scores on different code?

#14856 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

What was the deal with code 10.04.0 ? I never saw it posted on the website, but I read some games were shipping with it. I went from 10.03.0 to 10.05.0.

1.04 was only installed on games that had an interlock on the coin door.

#14857 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

1.04 was only installed on games that had an interlock on the coin door.

The interlock on the coin door is a mystery....some have some do not....

#14858 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

The interlock on the coin door is a mystery....some have some do not....

If the game was built in the last 9 months it has the interlock.

(Edit: bad info from a distributor. This doesn’t seem to be correct)

#14859 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That is not true...my Catwoman was built in May and it does not have the interlock.

#14860 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Mine was built in April this year right before they announced the Catwoman and doesn't have it. I think it happened on the June and later runs.

#14861 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You want to buy a game that you rated at 2.653/10? Is that a mistake in your ratings?
2.653/10
13 days ago
RST
rs812
Pinside member
Wauseon, OH
6y 70,550 1,035 5 60
Pinsider rs812 did not leave a comment with his rating.
6 Pinsiders flagged this rating/review.
Or maybe a premium is better?
3.334/10
6 days ago
RST
rs812
Pinside member
Wauseon, OH
6y 70,550 1,035 5 60
Pinsider rs812 did not leave a comment with his rating.
2 Pinsiders flagged this rating/review.

Wow. Another douchebag pinsider! Opinions change. But pimply geeks don’t. I bet you got stuffed in lockers in school. Have you touched a vagina you didn’t pay for yet?

#14862 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

That is not true...my Catwoman was built in May and it does not have the interlock.

Mine was built in May......and does have it... lol

#14863 4 years ago

Anyone looking to sell their premium topper? Send me a message! Thanks.

#14864 4 years ago
Quoted from ChippyWonka:

Wow. Another douchebag pinsider! Opinions change. But pimply geeks don’t. I bet you got stuffed in lockers in school. Have you touched a vagina you didn’t pay for yet?

Welcome back! Great to see all your positive thoughts towards others and respect for the BM66 owners thread.

#14865 4 years ago
Quoted from ChippyWonka:

You gave the game 2/10 two weeks ago and now you want to buy it?

Am I reading all of this correctly?

#14866 4 years ago

Delivered Yesterday. I Love this game!! Batman 66 (Premium)
Batman NIB (resized).jpgBatman NIB (resized).jpgbatman setup (resized).jpgbatman setup (resized).jpg

20191112_182335 (resized).jpg20191112_182335 (resized).jpg20191111_134000.jpg20191111_134000.jpg20191112_182335.jpg20191112_182335.jpg
#14867 4 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Delivered Yesterday. I Love this game!! Batman 66
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

#14868 4 years ago

I've reached out to my distributor 2x in 5 years. Once was for a topper purchase and another was for a bunch of phantom errors on my KISS. Both times I was told to call Stern/ Chas. My distributor just wants to sell new and be done with the customer. Dealing with him otherwise is pretty useless.

No distributor should be "useless". The money they make should provide support...especially within the first year of ownership.

Considering the node boards are likely 5-10 bucks, it's totally bizarre that Stern doesn't treat us with more respect. I had a node board die after 200 plays on a Spike-1 game (KISS) and had to pay $200 bucks for a new/hacked board. The board below with the wires was the replacement board I paid $200 for! No joke. Despite it's ugly appearance, the board has been playing fine. Stern claims all the "new" fixed Spike-1 node boards have this hack. Sigh.

IMG_9939 (resized).jpgIMG_9939 (resized).jpg
#14869 4 years ago

Yeah, the whole node board situation borders on criminal. Going to get very interesting in a few years.

#14870 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yeah, the whole node board situation borders on criminal. Going to get very interesting in a few years.

If someone sends the node boards to a Chinese factory and asks them to reproduce it, they will. If it ever comes to that, I believe the community can get it done one way or another.

#14871 4 years ago

If someone sends the node boards to a Chinese factory and asks them to reproduce it, they will.

That’s how Stern get it done

#14872 4 years ago

If someone sends the node boards to a Chinese factory and asks them to reproduce it, they will. If it ever comes to that, I believe the community can get it done one way or another.

Reproducing the boards isn’t the big issue. Getting the initial Stern firmware loaded on the board is.

#14873 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That’s how Stern get it done

Exactly. So, I'm sure we could get replacement mass produced for us collectors at a fraction of what they want for them.

#14874 4 years ago

Guys and gals.....there are already dozens of threads about the good/evil Stern Pinball corporation and their business practices. Let's get back on the topic at hand: The greatness that is Batman 66!!!

#14875 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Guys and gals.....there are already dozens of threads about the good/evil Stern Pinball corporation and their business practices. Let's get back on the topic at hand: The greatness that is Batman 66!!!

Doesn’t BM66 need functional node boards to be great though?

#14876 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Doesn’t BM66 need functional node boards to be great though?

It definitely does and I’m glad it was brought up and discussed in this thread, otherwise I would have likely missed it, confirmed it my end here it’s highly unlikely any original SLE/LE buyers are going to get a node board replaced, newer buyers of newer games more likely.

But I for one am now out when it comes to SPIKE2 Stern’s no more for me if it’s going to be a gigantic paperweight in the future, boards range from £200-£400 fuck that!

#14877 4 years ago

Hope the CPU board never fails. That's $1000!!!

#14878 4 years ago

Got my Catwoman edition on Thursday. I love it and am enjoying it despite being very sick. I have a few questions (sorry if the pinball lingo is not correct, still a bit new to the hobby):

1. The ball goes “airborne” a lot. Every time I miss a ramp the ball is a inch or so off the ground. This did not happen when I had TSPP at all. I’m seeing a lot of dimpling already (only about 40-50 games in) which, again I did not see at all with TSPP. With that said B66 is much brighter if a game than TSPP so perhaps this is why I’m noticing this? The tilt is correct.

2. The ball is getting stuck a lot. It gets stuck to the right of the scoop behind the bumpers (mystery bonus scoop). It gets stuck to the right of the penguin crane in penguin mode (when penguin has the crane to the far right X). Is this normal?

3. The plunger seems very week and not smooth. Is the plunger supposed to be weak because you can also auto-plunge for a harder shot?

Despite these problems I’m loving the game. I don’t see it leaving anytime soon. I think it’s on version 1.0003, which seems to be only giving me two modes per main villain. I believe when I upgrade (which I’m afraid to do) there will be 4 modes per main villain?

Thanks in advance for the help!

#14879 4 years ago

Hey there mate,
yep my Catwoman is the same, ball goes airborne a fair bit (which probably accounts for the dimpling) the ball does get stuck a lot, mine is forever getting stuck on the bat turntable, the spinner and to the right of the crane as it closes (my ball doesnt get stuck near the scoop tho) but the ball does always come back after it auto searches for the lost ball etc. I have the same issue with my plunger. Im also on 1.03 currently.
Steve

Quoted from chaz009:

Got my Catwoman edition on Thursday. I love it and am enjoying it despite being very sick. I have a few questions (sorry if the pinball lingo is not correct, still a bit new to the hobby):
1. The ball goes “airborne” a lot. Every time I miss a ramp the ball is a inch or so off the ground. This did not happen when I had TSPP at all. I’m seeing a lot of dimpling already (only about 40-50 games in) which, again I did not see at all with TSPP. With that said B66 is much brighter if a game than TSPP so perhaps this is why I’m noticing this? The tilt is correct.
2. The ball is getting stuck a lot. It gets stuck to the right of the scoop behind the bumpers (mystery bonus scoop). It gets stuck to the right of the penguin crane in penguin mode (when penguin has the crane to the far right X). Is this normal?
3. The plunger seems very week and not smooth. Is the plunger supposed to be weak because you can also auto-plunge for a harder shot?
Despite these problems I’m loving the game. I don’t see it leaving anytime soon. I think it’s on version 1.0003, which seems to be only giving me two modes per main villain. I believe when I upgrade (which I’m afraid to do) there will be 4 modes per main villain?

#14880 4 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

1. Check the metal flaps at the bottom of the ramps. Make sure the edges are not sticking up whatsoever. Make sure hardware securing both ramps is tight. Heavy dimpling on a new Stern is typical. They dont make them like they used to.

2. "Mystery Scoop" is the physical ball lock for multiball. Other owners have experienced this stuck ball issue. I'm sure it's been documented in this thread somewhere. Ball getting stuck to the right of the Penguin crane is due to the crane out of adjustment. Go into settings and set the Penguin Lag Adjustment to Zero and power cycle the game. If that doesnt help you may need to adjust the opto wheel. The ball on the crane should be almost perfectly centered above each lit umbrella insert. That's documented in this thread also.

3. Weak shooter rod sounds like Stern is still sending these machines out with weak shooter rod springs. Upgrade your spring to a firmer one with more tension. They are color coded for tension. I have an Orange spring on mine and the ball plunges nicely. You can manually plunge or hit the flashing button on the lockdown bar to auto plunge.

4. There are only 2 modes per major villain in the current code. You can choose which one you want to play before plunging the ball. Hold the left flipper and push the right flipper to cycle through which mode you want to play.

These are the basics. I'm sure someone will chime in with a little more details. Congrats on your Batman and welcome to the club!

#14881 4 years ago

Ball got stuck on the turn table, removed the ball, now the turn table will not turn. I have turned off and on to see it it would reset. It stuck in the phone position. I left up the playing field and restarted the machine. While the playing field is up, the turn table turns, and I was able to get it to turn while testing in the diagnosis mode. But, once I put the field back down and test the turn table it get stuck at the TV again and cant turn. And the diagnsis says to many errors. Help Please

#14882 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Ball got stuck on the turn table, removed the ball, now the turn table will not turn. I have turned off and on to see it it would reset. It stuck in the phone position. I left up the playing field and restarted the machine. While the playing field is up, the turn table turns, and I was able to get it to turn while testing in the diagnosis mode. But, once I put the field back down and test the turn table it get stuck at the TV again and cant turn. And the diagnsis says to many errors. Help Please

Is the cable wire underneath the carousal free? If it's pulled taunt the table won't move and give tons of errors.

#14883 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Is the cable wire underneath the carousal free? If it's pulled taunt the table won't move and give tons of errors.

Thank you for replying. I dont see any wire stuck. Any other suggestions?

#14884 4 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Check the level of the turntable against the playfield. This can be a source of many airballs if the turntable isn't level compared to the main playfield. Search the thread and you can find lots of information about this if you need it.

Rob

#14885 4 years ago

4. There are only 2 modes per major villain in the current code. You can choose which one you want to play before plunging the ball. Hold the left flipper and push the right flipper to cycle through which mode you want to play.

I didn’t knew that one.

Thank you Thunder!

#14886 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I didn’t knew that one.
Thank you Thunder!

I should probably clarify for the newer owners. There are 2 different TV episodes you can play per major villain. You can choose to cash in points early or play through the entire episode for big points.

#14887 4 years ago

In the club with a Catwoman! Loving this game. I have played it a lot since launch and happy to see where the code is and glad to have her in my gameroom.

FFC11977-042E-42A1-8114-FCB86656EBB4 (resized).jpegFFC11977-042E-42A1-8114-FCB86656EBB4 (resized).jpeg
#14888 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

In the club with a Catwoman! Loving this game. I have played it a lot since launch and happy to see where the code is and glad to have her in my gameroom.[quoted image]

Congrats on your new game and welcome to the best club on Pinside!

#14889 4 years ago

Installed a Stern Blue SLE ramp in my game last night....WOW! it is super fast now. I wonder if its because its NEW or if it's because it's painted? Either way...I like it.

CE2FD9D0-CD4B-4216-8568-C2D20A81D1CB_1_105_c (resized).jpegCE2FD9D0-CD4B-4216-8568-C2D20A81D1CB_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#14890 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Congrats on your new game and welcome to the best club on Pinside!

That's for sure. This is one of the best clubs for enthusiasts who are supportive of each other. The secret isn't completely out yet: this is one of the best games in a home collection!

#14891 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

In the club with a Catwoman! Loving this game. I have played it a lot since launch and happy to see where the code is and glad to have her in my gameroom.[quoted image]

Congrats and welcome! Every time I see that translite I want one!

#14892 4 years ago

Did Stern stop selling the accessories for Batman? I don't see them on the website. I was considering the armor or maybe the bat signal.

#14893 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Installed a Stern Blue SLE ramp in my game last night....WOW! it is super fast now. I wonder if its because its NEW or if it's because it's painted? Either way...I like it.[quoted image]

How you get that?

#14894 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

How you get that?

Marco

#14895 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Did Stern stop selling the accessories for Batman? I don't see them on the website. I was considering the armor or maybe the bat signal.

Yes a while ago. The armor is available from some distributors. Best bet for the Bat signal is to buy the one from Docquest.

#14896 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It seems most official Stern accessories are sold out most everywhere. You'll just need to search vendors to see who has anything left in stock. Toppers are pretty much not available. I know the B&R that came on the LE and SLE you will only find from someone willing to sell their off their game. As for the Stern bat signal, look around on Ebay. I know Gameroom guys was selling a few of them at one time. The side rails can be custom made for you. Good Luck

#14897 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

It seems most official Stern accessories are sold out most everywhere. You'll just need to search vendors to see who has anything left in stock. Toppers are pretty much not available. I know the B&R that came on the LE and SLE you will only find from someone willing to sell their off their game. As for the Stern bat signal, look around on Ebay. I know Gameroom guys was selling a few of them at one time. The side rails can be custom made for you. Good Luck

Thanks. Is the Bat Signal projector topper that Stern was selling game interactive?

#14898 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Is the Bat Signal projector topper that Stern was selling game interactive?

The stern one yes it is. It does come on when you turn the game on and goes off once you start a game. During game play it comes on when the bat phone goes off. So this light connects into the backbox.

#14899 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

The stern one yes it is. It does come on when you turn the game on and goes off once you start a game. During game play it comes on when the bat phone goes off. So this light connects into the backbox.

Also comes on during attract mode, bat-turn mode, and start of villain escape multiball.

#14900 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Mine is the docquest projector (I think) and it does the same thing on my LE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.99
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 298 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/298?hl=adeptjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.