IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 297 of 374.
#14801 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I really hope someone is able to make them so we can enjoy these awesome games for a long time to come.

I'd put money on it...someone will recreate them, it will be half the size with less components when its all said and done. The resources now available for a "hobbyist" to recreate anything electronic is staggering.

I was talking to a friend of mine who was has been operating for decades, he remembers taking truckloads of Gottlieb pins to the dump, the common thread was the broken boards that were NLA back then. With exception of some Atari and Alvin G stuff most boards have been recreated and even improved. Stern boards will be no different....

#14802 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'd update right away (if necessary) and be done with it before you have any high scores to be lost.

You shouldn't have to worry about that any more with spike games. As far as I know all updates from now on will auto-save your high scores and settings adjustments.
It's been a while since I updated a spike game and lost my high scores.

#14803 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

You shouldn't have to worry about that any more with spike games. As far as I know all updates from now on will auto-save your high scores and settings adjustments.

Good to know - thanks. I must have missed this change. My Batman 66 high scores have been reset every time I've updated the code in the past.

#14804 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Bat fans so to answer the question some have asked yes this update is indeed the update the SOTU has been telling us about for the last 6months.

Who said this?

Rob

#14805 4 years ago

Don’t you have to save/reload scores/adjustments to a USB drive first?

#14806 4 years ago

Anyone have a good suggestion for Where to buy a new rubber kit? One of the rubber rings in my batcave snapped last night which started making the ball get stuck when it goes through the batmobile.

#14807 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Anyone have a good suggestion for Where to buy a new rubber kit? One of the rubber rings in my batcave snapped last night which started making the ball get stuck when it goes through the batmobile.

Titan......I changed the size/config of a couple rubbers in the turntable to make the ball less likely to trap. Think it's in the thread somewhere...if not I'll see if I can dig it up.

Spent WAY too much time in OCD land w the game early on.....an absolute blast to play now, however....

#14808 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Don’t you have to save/reload scores/adjustments to a USB drive first?

I just did the update an hour ago and didn't lose scores. I was surprised, but I guess if the only play changes were really minor, it makes sense. I can't imagine having them stay if he implements major scoring changes.

#14809 4 years ago

I’ll admit I’m lazy.
Does the new upgrade add anything or can I hold out? Thx!

#14810 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I’ll admit I’m lazy.

Not really. I only did it because of the new node firmware. Took a very long time. I imagine the next one should be quicker since I did this one with the major node updates.

#14811 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

It’s all about the node boards. They are specific to the game and Stern isn’t going to make them forever. Will someone else make them or will Stern even let them?
Older games are easier to fix. It will be interesting to see how it works out in the long run.

The main node boards are interchangeable between most of the games. A fellow pinsider has created a chart. As long as you can get node boards game will work.

#14812 4 years ago

We did a full code update on our BM66 last night and machine kept all the settings, high scores and lifetime play count.

#14813 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I’ll admit I’m lazy.

I love the option to hold left flipper and start to kill a running game. It gets used every time there are kiddos in our game room. My three stern games all have this feature at the moment. Its really nice.

#14814 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I love the option to hold left flipper and start to kill a running game. It gets used every time there are kiddos in our game room. My three stern games all have this feature at the moment. Its really nice.

???

#14815 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

It is nice feature.

#14816 4 years ago

The feature was added in the latest patch. It's in most of the newer games and was also recently patched into Ghostbusters and Game of Thrones.

#14817 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Not really. I only did it because of the new node firmware. Took a very long time. I imagine the next one should be quicker since I did this one with the major node updates.

BM66 updates are always long, so wouldn't count on any future updates being quicker... it's always a good idea to update however, imho..

#14818 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

BM66 updates are always long, so wouldn't count on any future updates being quicker... it's always a good idea to update however, imho..

I beg to differ.

( I kid, I kid)

#14819 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I just did the update an hour ago and didn't lose scores. I was surprised, but I guess if the only play changes were really minor, it makes sense. I can't imagine having them stay if he implements major scoring changes.

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We did a full code update on our BM66 last night and machine kept all the settings, high scores and lifetime play count.

Yes, I noticed this too, and was somewhat surprised. I saved my settings to a USB prior to doing the update, but after doing the update, my high scores and settings were still there, so there was no need to load them back on. Is this something new?

#14820 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Yes, I noticed this too, and was somewhat surprised. I saved my settings to a USB prior to doing the update, but after doing the update, my high scores and settings were still there, so there was no need to load them back on. Is this something new?

I "think" it's because the update doesn't have much in the way of scoring or game changes. I believe that settings like free play and coil strength have been carrying over for a few months now on stuff.

#14821 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I beg to differ.
( I kid, I kid)

Super bummed you lost a board during the update!!!! They have to send you a free replacement, in warranty or not......keep us posted on that one...

#14822 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

The previous update had all the coding to keep your high scores, settings and lifetime count. This is in all the recent code updates

#14823 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

From a code read me (not Batman):

Games will now persist ALL SETTINGS after a software update. This
functionality will be available in the game release AFTER the release which
uses system 2.24.

Batman 1.05 includes Spike 2 v2.35. I can’t find when previous Spike code levels were incorporated into Batman but presumably 1.03 or 1.04 were above 2.24.

#14824 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Is this by default with latest code or do you have the enable it in a settings menu?

#14825 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Is this by default with latest code or do you have the enable it in a settings menu?

Have to enable it. Default is NEVER.

#14826 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:Is this by default with latest code or do you have the enable it in a settings menu?
Quoted from jfh:

Have to enable it. Default is NEVER.

This.

#14827 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

So this update does not override high scores? For precaution, there is a way to save high scores and reload them? How is this done?

#14828 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

So this update does not override high scores? For precaution, there is a way to save high scores and reload them? How is this done?

It does not override them. I don't know how it all works for sure on the new system, but if Lyman puts new features and updates scoring, I wouldn't want my scores to carry over. They would be meaningless in the new scoring. Especially if he tones down the scoring like he did in the last update after the 2 trillion score from Escher.

#14829 4 years ago

Does anyone know where to find a helicopter from Biglaw? I hope you are still making them! Awesome mod.

#14830 4 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Does anyone know where to find a helicopter from Biglaw? I hope you are still making them! Awesome mod.

Just PM him. It's great!

#14831 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Super bummed you lost a board during the update!!!! They have to send you a free replacement, in warranty or not......keep us posted on that one...

Spoke with Chas who's always exceptional. Unfortunately Stern will not be replacing the board. I'm left to pay for this and any other future board failures. I think it's pretty crappy considering these boards have a known history of failing during updates. Probably won't be buying any more Sterns. Not worth the gamble. All I can say fellow Bat fans is start saving for Node boards. Get them before they're gone!

#14832 4 years ago

Spoke with Chas who's always exceptional. Unfortunately Stern will not be replacing the board. I'm left to pay for this and any other future board failures. I think it's pretty crappy considering these boards have a known history of failing during updates. Probably won't be buying any more Sterns. Not worth the gamble. All I can say fellow Bat fans is start saving for Node boards. Get them before they're gone!

That sucks. What was his explanation? Was Stern willing to sell you one directly?

#14833 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That sucks. What was his explanation? Was Stern willing to sell you one directly?

He asked when I bought my game. After I told him he said it wasnt under warranty and didnt offer to sell me a board. I have no idea what went wrong with the board. I have both service bulletins in place for Nodes 8 and 9. There were no broken transistors on the board either.

#14834 4 years ago

I love my BM66 and had decided to get a new Stern, but between the "non-wide spread," play field issues and machines that break when updating them I've decided to pass. The fact that they can't even bother to respond to Who-dey, one of their biggest cheerleaders (and a bigger customer than I'll ever be) tells me it's time to limit my potential exposure to loss here. I'm sure Stern is full of good people, but the company seemingly cannot afford to offer what I consider reasonable support for their product.

He asked when I bought my game. After I told him he said it wasnt under warranty and didnt offer to sell me a board. I have no idea what went wrong with the board. I have both service bulletins in place for Nodes 8 and 9. There were no broken transistors on the board either.

#14835 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I love my BM66 and had decided to get a new Stern, but between the "non-wide spread," play field issues and machines that break when updating them I've decided to pass. The fact that they can't even bother to respond to Who-dey, one of their biggest cheerleaders (and a bigger customer than I'll ever be) tells me it's time to limit my potential exposure to loss here. I'm sure Stern is full of good people, but the company seemingly cannot afford to offer what I consider reasonable support for their product.

Same here. Was about to pull the trigger on a nib JPLE, but I’m out. Releasing updates that fry node boards and then refusing to stand behind the product is too much.

#14836 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Same here. Was about to pull the trigger on a nib JPLE, but I’m out. Releasing updates that fry node boards and then refusing to stand behind the product is too much.

You want to buy a game that you rated at 2.653/10? Is that a mistake in your ratings?

2.653/10
13 days ago

RST
rs812

Pinside member
Wauseon, OH
6y 70,550 1,035 5 60

Pinsider rs812 did not leave a comment with his rating.

6 Pinsiders flagged this rating/review.

Or maybe a premium is better?

3.334/10
6 days ago

RST
rs812

Pinside member
Wauseon, OH
6y 70,550 1,035 5 60

2 Pinsiders flagged this rating/review.

#14837 4 years ago

Considering they can easily repair and resell/reuse they should at least offer a purchase discount for sending back the bad board.

#14838 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Considering they can easily repair and resell/reuse they should at least offer a purchase discount for sending back the bad board.

Node board failure is going to be the end of Stern unless they get it back to the easily-replaced-$50-replacements that was implied when Spike was originally announced.

#14839 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I think my BM66 was my last NIB game and I think that put me at 7 NIB Sterns over the years. I think I'm going to focus on finding a used ST Pro or TWD Pro for my next expensive game. I'll still pick up every cheap classic Bally I come across, though.

#14840 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure you will not get a node board replaced by directly calling Stern even if it was under warranty. This is the type of thing you need to go through your distributor for. I would suggest doing that and see if they have better luck getting it replaced.

Rob

#14841 4 years ago

I may consider not updating my BM66 and DP. They have a great code now.

#14842 4 years ago

This whole thing is crazy to me. I've bought a few new spike games.. GB, SW, GOTG, BM66, JP.. and had zero issues with any updates. It has never occurred to me that updating could fry a node board. I would be absolutely furious if installing an official code update fried a board and stern wouldn't do the right thing. That's bullshit!

#14843 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You want to buy a game that you rated at 2.653/10? Is that a mistake in your ratings?
2.653/10
13 days ago
RST
rs812
Pinside member
Wauseon, OH
6y 70,550 1,035 5 60
6 Pinsiders flagged this rating/review.
Or maybe a premium is better?
3.334/10
6 days ago
RST
rs812
Pinside member
Wauseon, OH
6y 70,550 1,035 5 60
2 Pinsiders flagged this rating/review.

Clearly not my rating. Thanks for pointing out that I may have been hacked, super stalker.

This place is unfucking believable. Yes, i planned on purchasing one from Trent at Tilt.

I have several ratings which were apparently not made by me. Regardless, this place. Has become too aggressive and creepy with people such as yourself.

#14844 4 years ago

This whole thing is crazy to me. I've bought a few new spike games.. GB, SW, GOTG, BM66, JP.. and had zero issues with any updates. It has never occurred to me that updating could fry a node board. I would be absolutely furious if installing an official code update fried a board and stern wouldn't do the right thing. That's bullshit

Me too. I have a B66, GB, and an AS that are all up to date on the code. Never had an issue. My B66 is less than a year old and only had minor issues, mostly just setup.

#14845 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm pretty sure you will not get a node board replaced by directly calling Stern even if it was under warranty. This is the type of thing you need to go through your distributor for. I would suggest doing that and see if they have better luck getting it replaced.
Rob

I've reached out to my distributor 2x in 5 years. Once was for a topper purchase and another was for a bunch of phantom errors on my KISS. Both times I was told to call Stern/ Chas. My distributor just wants to sell new and be done with the customer. Dealing with him otherwise is pretty useless.

#14846 4 years ago

I've reached out to my distributor 2x in 5 years. Once was for a topper purchase and another was for a bunch of phantom errors on my KISS. Both times I was told to call Stern/ Chas. My distributor just wants to sell new and be done with the customer. Dealing with him otherwise is pretty useless.

Man, that's pretty bad. Melissa at Cointaker is awesome. Mike at Automated has never let me down. Definitely other options. Everyone likes Zach at Flipnout. Time for a change. As to Stern, they aren't going anywhere. A little more pressure on Chas, much as I love him, might be a good idea, at least to price out a replacement at cost.

#14847 4 years ago

Thanks for letting us know, I’ll speak to distributor here later and if that is indeed here I won’t be buying anymore SPIKE Stern’s.

Totally understandable if a board blows out years down the line but when it’s “bricked” by Stern’s own code updates that’s a reach to far for me.

#14848 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Totally understandable if a board blows out years down the line but when it’s “bricked” by Stern’s own code updates that’s a reach to far for me.

Absolutely. I had another device (not pinball related) fail over the weekend. Support told me it got bricked because of a problem with the firmware update that was pushed down and they were going to send me a replacement without having to go through the retailer.

#14849 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Absolutely. I had another device (not pinball related) fail over the weekend. Support told me it got bricked because of a problem with the firmware update that was pushed down and they were going to send me a replacement without having to go through the retailer.

It is a foolish decision on Stern’s part to not take care of this. Go to your original distributor and insist politely. Negative press is not worth it. One time one of my idiot VPs ordered $1 million dollars worth of custom paper, which I did not give permission to do. Because the negative press would have been far worse than just paying for the paper and using it endlessly in applications that I didn’t want or would have preferred to use otherwise, I fulfilled the ill gotten contract, fired the VP and saved face. (BTW, I’m not in the printing business, but the nutraceutical business.)

My business motto has always been: “Our service will spoil you, but we don’t mind”. Stern and all other pinball companies need to adopt this philosophy. Are there people that take advantage of this motto? Absolutely, but who cares, my bottom line has only grown over the years because of it. Everyone buys with confidence. My short sighted competitors have come and gone over the past 35 years and I’m still here.

#14850 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

One time one of my idiot VPs ordered $1 million dollars worth of custom paper

Was his name Dwight? Is your company Dunder Mifflin?.....Sorry couldn't resist.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 34.99
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 297 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/297?hl=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.