IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 374.
#14701 4 years ago

Hawks Thank you for taking the time to do this. I also believe that the ball speed is just to great for the magnet to grab it 100% of the time. Minor complaint for such a great game.

#14702 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Hawks Thank you for taking the time to do this. I also believe that the ball speed is just to great for the magnet to grab it 100% of the time. Minor complaint for such a great game.

Time to call it a “skill” shot,..

#14703 4 years ago

I recently purchased the Batman 66 (new) a few weeks ago and am now finding the flippers will occasionally just stop working during game play, then after will work again, then stop again.

I installed capacitor protector (my rep mailed me one) that goes on the two CN6 parts of the machine, but issue is still happening.

Any suggestions? Has this happened to anyone else?

#14704 4 years ago

If they literally stop, you may have a wiring/connectivity issue.

#14705 4 years ago

This guy is 3 inches tall and $10 on Amazon. do any of you guys have ideas on replacing the cat plastics? It would be ideal to 3D print a stand with holes where the three lights go...if I had a 3D printer!

3FCFAF96-10A4-4F96-A76F-2BD745FEE191 (resized).jpeg3FCFAF96-10A4-4F96-A76F-2BD745FEE191 (resized).jpeg
#14706 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

This guy is 3 inches tall and $10 on Amazon. do any of you guys have ideas on replacing the cat plastics? It would be ideal to 3D print a stand with holes where the three lights go...if I had a 3D printer![quoted image]

Those are cool! I imagine a custom made cat that was hollowed out and could just slip over the Stern ones. If anyone could pull it off it would be @Yelobird.

#14707 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Those are cool! I imagine a custom made cat that was hollowed out and could just slip over the Stern ones. If anyone could pull it off it would be Yelobird.

I agree. It’s really nicely done, feels like quality. Dave, we need you!

#14708 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

This guy is 3 inches tall and $10 on Amazon. do any of you guys have ideas on replacing the cat plastics? It would be ideal to 3D print a stand with holes where the three lights go...if I had a 3D printer![quoted image]

I'm trying to get Mezel Mods on it, once the Jurassic park madness dies down a bit over there I think I can make it happen.

#14709 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I'm trying to get Mezel Mods on it, once the Jurassic park madness dies down a bit over there I think I can make it happen.

They’d sell a bunch. Everyone wanting 2 cat’s, lit up. Great potential. Don’t know why modders haven’t already done this?

#14710 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

That would be a must buy for me, and icing on the cake for my BM66!

#14711 4 years ago

Happy Halloween! The little European batsignal projector is cool as well!
9B8B0743-4C58-4970-A3CB-430C73ABAE85 (resized).jpeg9B8B0743-4C58-4970-A3CB-430C73ABAE85 (resized).jpeg

DF7C65B3-A8FC-4D7E-9AC6-9D18A716E1F6 (resized).jpegDF7C65B3-A8FC-4D7E-9AC6-9D18A716E1F6 (resized).jpeg
#14712 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

That would be a must buy for me, and icing on the cake for my BM66!

Stay tuned, Allen biglaw (best batcopter mod ever) may be working on this mod!

#14713 4 years ago

Batboat looks good here, the lights illuminate from above it and the color blends in. Might look good with a small flat red LED at the siren.
281E2867-5CB3-40C4-84EC-E3F303FD9D4C (resized).jpeg281E2867-5CB3-40C4-84EC-E3F303FD9D4C (resized).jpeg

#14714 4 years ago

Got the Amor Back today... Purple sparkle

IMG_20191101_182831 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_182831 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_182927 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_182927 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_182937 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_182937 (resized).jpg
#14715 4 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Got the Amor Back today... Purple sparkle[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Curious how much it cost and how hard it was to pull off the machine?

#14716 4 years ago

~200$

pull off the machine took me about an hour

#14717 4 years ago

We tried this and not for us. It’s very cool looking but we like the ball better. I would also trade this for a custom ball type shooter or even an equivalent bm 66 mod we don’t have

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87223

#14718 4 years ago

I installed the biglaw Batcopter mod today.
It's awesome, a really nice addition.

20191107_000815 (resized).jpg20191107_000815 (resized).jpg
#14719 4 years ago

New code:

V1.05.0 - Nov. 7, 2019
======================

- Joker #2 switch will no longer complain in the tech alert, as some games
were made without this switch.
- Fixed the size of the "HOW TO PLAY PINBALL" video clips in attract mode
so they fit properly inside the TV.
- Reversed the top lane lamps for skill shot so they now follow the flow
of the ball.
- Added compensation for game features when the shooter lane switch is
not working. Inhibit right loop and left loop switches from being scored
when the shooter lane switch is bad (the skill shot switch is used for
backup).
- Added SLE speech.
- Added support for the coin door interlock switch.
- Updated to system v2.35
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.52.0
- Added Standard Adjustment "MAX PLAYERS PER GAME". Values are 1 to 4,
with a default setting of 4. This can be used to limit the number
of players that can be added to a game.
- Added Service Menu selection UTIL->ENDGAME. This selection is only available
when there is an active game. When selected the operator will be prompted
to confirm that they wish to end the current game. Once confirmed and upon
exiting the Service Menu, the game will be in attract mode.
- Added Standard Adjustment "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME". Values are:
"NEVER", "FREE PLAY ONLY", and "ALWAYS". Default value is "NEVER".
During an active game, if the LEFT FLIPPER+START BUTTONs are held for
two seconds, the game will be ended.
- Added Standard Audit "TOTAL PLAYS ENDED", which will track the number of times
a game is ended via the Service Menu or FLIPPER+START BUTTONs.
- Added Standard Adjustment "CREDIT FORMAT". Values are:
"ACTUAL FRACTION" and "REDUCED FRACTION". Default value is "REDUCED FRACTION".
For a USA coindoor when inserting three quarters:
"REDUCED FRACTION" would display "1/4", "1/2", "3/4"
"ACTUAL FRACTION" would display "1/4", "2/4", "3/4"
- Update Italian translation of "ENTER INITIALS" to "INSERISCI LE TUE INIZIALI"
- Updated instructions for RESTORE SETTINGS.
- Reordered items in UTIL->VOL, moved CABINET SPEAKER TYPE to be after
BACKBOX SPEAKER TYPE.
- Added UTIL->RESET->VOL which will reset all audio settings to their
default values.
- Append (MAX) to the credit message if the number of credits equals
the CREDIT LIMIT adjustment.

V1.04.0 - Jun. 25, 2019
=======================

- Fixed a problem with the start of the last stage of the bookworm mode
(the batbeam followed by either batman & robin or bookworm in the trash
can) where the wrong speech would play, usually "we escaped through the
manhole under your stove".

#14720 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New code:
V1.05.0 - Nov. 7, 2019
======================
- Joker #2 switch will no longer complain in the tech alert, as some games
were made without this switch.
- Fixed the size of the "HOW TO PLAY PINBALL" video clips in attract mode
so they fit properly inside the TV.
- Reversed the top lane lamps for skill shot so they now follow the flow
of the ball.
- Added compensation for game features when the shooter lane switch is
not working. Inhibit right loop and left loop switches from being scored
when the shooter lane switch is bad (the skill shot switch is used for
backup).
- Added SLE speech.
- Added support for the coin door interlock switch.
- Updated to system v2.35
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.52.0
- Added Standard Adjustment "MAX PLAYERS PER GAME". Values are 1 to 4,
with a default setting of 4. This can be used to limit the number
of players that can be added to a game.
- Added Service Menu selection UTIL->ENDGAME. This selection is only available
when there is an active game. When selected the operator will be prompted
to confirm that they wish to end the current game. Once confirmed and upon
exiting the Service Menu, the game will be in attract mode.
- Added Standard Adjustment "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME". Values are:
"NEVER", "FREE PLAY ONLY", and "ALWAYS". Default value is "NEVER".
During an active game, if the LEFT FLIPPER+START BUTTONs are held for
two seconds, the game will be ended.
- Added Standard Audit "TOTAL PLAYS ENDED", which will track the number of times
a game is ended via the Service Menu or FLIPPER+START BUTTONs.
- Added Standard Adjustment "CREDIT FORMAT". Values are:
"ACTUAL FRACTION" and "REDUCED FRACTION". Default value is "REDUCED FRACTION".
For a USA coindoor when inserting three quarters:
"REDUCED FRACTION" would display "1/4", "1/2", "3/4"
"ACTUAL FRACTION" would display "1/4", "2/4", "3/4"
- Update Italian translation of "ENTER INITIALS" to "INSERISCI LE TUE INIZIALI"
- Updated instructions for RESTORE SETTINGS.
- Reordered items in UTIL->VOL, moved CABINET SPEAKER TYPE to be after
BACKBOX SPEAKER TYPE.
- Added UTIL->RESET->VOL which will reset all audio settings to their
default values.
- Append (MAX) to the credit message if the number of credits equals
the CREDIT LIMIT adjustment.
V1.04.0 - Jun. 25, 2019
=======================
- Fixed a problem with the start of the last stage of the bookworm mode
(the batbeam followed by either batman & robin or bookworm in the trash
can) where the wrong speech would play, usually "we escaped through the
manhole under your stove".

bitmoji-20180726020815 (resized).pngbitmoji-20180726020815 (resized).png
#14721 4 years ago

I wonder if we can get the SLE speech to work on a premium ?

#14722 4 years ago

Maybe it's just me but I didn't see much more added to the code other then a few adjustments.

#14723 4 years ago

Kind of anticlimactic.

#14724 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Maybe it's just me but I didn't see much more added to the code other then a few adjustments.

Thats what I was thinking too.

#14725 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Kind of anticlimactic.

Yeah. No game content added.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14726 4 years ago

well don't have to waste my time updating to new code at least, nothing to see here

#14727 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Yeah. No game content added.

- Reversed the top lane lamps for skill shot so they now follow the flow of the ball.

^^
That’s the closest thing to an impact to game play.

I like the “end game early“ and max players per game adjustment/features though.

But if this is the updated touted in the SOTU for the last few months, it is certainly anti-climatic.

#14728 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Reversed the top lane lamps for skill shot so they now follow the flow
of the ball.

They just took an awesome pinball machine and launched it way over the top now with this update....( sarcasm )

If this was the touted update to stay tuned for, they pulled a "Munsters" on us.

I'm hoping it's just a foundation for something good coming with all the hardware updates.

#14729 4 years ago

I'm still hoping Lyman adds some over the top crane multiball mode.

#14730 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

But if this is the updated touted in the SOTU for the last few months, it is certainly anti-climatic.

Quoted from DeathHimself:

If this was the touted update to stay tuned for, they pulled a "Munsters" on us.

I don't speak for anyone, but would just like to say that people need to be a bit more patient. I did not think anything substantial was going to come out this year with the other projects being worked on. Maybe the BM66 update should have never been mentioned in The Stern Of The Union since it just creates anticipation for something that's maybe not going to be available for a while yet.

Rob

#14731 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't speak for anyone, but would just like to say that people need to be a bit more patient. I did not think anything substantial was going to come out this year with the other projects being worked on. Maybe the BM66 update should have never been mentioned in The Stern Of The Union since it just creates anticipation for something that's maybe not going to be available for a while yet.
Rob

I’m not disappointed in this code at all. If we never see another update the code has already surpassed my expectations. Batman 66 is an absolutely incredible game with amazing depth and detail owners of other games can only dream of.

I also didn’t expect anything big - I’m sure Lyman is focused on Elvira, as he should be. But shame on Stern for the SOTU notes. This type of point release doesn’t need or justify hype or heightened expectations.

#14732 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m not disappointed in this code at all. If we never see another update the code has already surpassed my expectations. Batman 66 is an absolutely incredible game with amazing depth and detail owners of other games can only dream of.
I also didn’t expect anything big - I’m sure Lyman is focused on Elvira, as he should be. But shame on Stern for the SOTU notes. This type of point release doesn’t need or justify hype or heightened expectations.

Agree, this is one of the best games out there for code. I think it is one of the best Sterns to date.

#14733 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Quoted from dts:

Agree, this is one of the best games out there for code. I think it is one of the best Sterns to date.

Absolutely agree with all of this, we were or at least I was just basing my comments off of Sterns months of SOTU saying New BM66 code is coming rather then BM66 code fix coming, I feel that was sort of misleading unless this wasn't the code update that they are referring to.

#14734 4 years ago

While I'm cool with a code update that is primarily foundational housekeeping, I can't help but think if they were going to fix the minor Bookworm sound/video bug why couldn't they have fixed the Mr. Freeze "gadgets screw you, not help you" issue. Especially since that was listed as a fix in the *last* update.

I don't expect a semi-major update until after Elvira cools down but I'm really happy with the game, so I'm not complaining. At least not too much.

#14735 4 years ago

What is the process step by step for updating? I've never updated a Spike 2 system. I have downloaded the code onto my MacBook Pro. The folder that downloaded contains 3 files labeled batman-1_05_0.spk.003.000, batman-1_05_0.spk.003.001 and batman-1_05_0.spk.003.002. I put them onto the root directory of my blank thumb drive (formatted to FAT32). Plugged the thumb stick into Batman66 and powered it on. Nothing happened.

Whats up?

#14736 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

What is the process step by step for updating? I've never updated a Spike 2 system. I have downloaded the code onto my MacBook Pro. The folder that downloaded contains 3 files labeled batman-1_05_0.spk.003.000, batman-1_05_0.spk.003.001 and batman-1_05_0.spk.003.002. I put them onto the root directory of my blank thumb drive (formatted to FAT32). Plugged the thumb stick into Batman66 and powered it on. Nothing happened.
Whats up?

Did you unzip the folder and put only the files (no folder or other files) on the sd card?

#14737 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Did you unzip the folder and put only the files (no folder or other files) on the sd card?

correct. the only thing on the thumb drive is the 3 files. (no folder)

#14738 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

correct. the only thing on the thumb drive is the 3 files. (no folder)

If they're unzipped and the only thing on the stick then I'm not sure.

#14739 4 years ago

Smooth update...anytime I see a firmware update to the Node boards, it makes me happy.....

#14740 4 years ago
Quoted from iohonnes:

why couldn't they have fixed the Mr. Freeze "gadgets screw you, not help you" issue.

What is the issue?

#14741 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Whats up?

Try with the coin door open

Is there a flipper strength setting? cant seem to find one

#14742 4 years ago

do you need to do anything with the dipswitches on the main board when updating?

#14743 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

do you need to do anything with the dipswitches on the main board when updating?

No

#14744 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:What is the process step by step for updating? I've never updated a Spike 2 system. I have downloaded the code onto my MacBook Pro. The folder that downloaded contains 3 files labeled batman-1_05_0.spk.003.000, batman-1_05_0.spk.003.001 and batman-1_05_0.spk.003.002. I put them onto the root directory of my blank thumb drive (formatted to FAT32). Plugged the thumb stick into Batman66 and powered it on. Nothing happened.
Whats up?

I am having the same issues, no issues with the update before this, but when using my MacBook the code isnt coming up.

Jakers did you get it to work?

#14745 4 years ago
Quoted from minutestomidnigh:

I am having the same issues, no issues with the update before this, but when using my MacBook the code isnt coming up.
Jakers did you get it to work?

Not yet. I gave up and decided I'll try again tonight. I've downloaded the files again but this time on my Windows 10 PC at work. They're showing up exactly like they did on my mac so I don't think it's a PC vs Mac thing.

#14746 4 years ago

Is there a current video that explains all the crazy rules and strategies with the latest ruleset? I wanna get back into this game again, but don't want to fly blind.

-ben

#14747 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Not yet. I gave up and decided I'll try again tonight. I've downloaded the files again but this time on my Windows 10 PC at work. They're showing up exactly like they did on my mac so I don't think it's a PC vs Mac thing.

I’ll try again tonight with a different flash drive... keep me posted (only have a MAC and that did work last time)

#14748 4 years ago

Well I downloaded the new code for Premium... and I show 3 .spk files.... ??? NEVER MIND..... read the "Read Me"....sry

#14749 4 years ago

I had to reformat my flash drive (fat32). It was the same one as used previously and still had the last update on it. Ran into that with Ghostbusters too. Either way, all working now.

#14750 4 years ago

That update took a while to install......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Sylacauga, AL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.00
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 210.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 34.99
Pinball Machine
Almighty Mods
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.25
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/295?hl=retrogamerjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.