IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 293 of 374.
#14601 4 years ago

Just wanted to post a Stern part number (820-7393-03; $20 from most distributors) here to the thread in case anyone else needs it in the future.

If you ever decide to have your game powdercoated to the "SLE" finish (see below, Robert Stone did mine and it has turned out EXCELLENT) then you'll need a new bat logo and "BAT GADGET SELECTOR" sticker for your lockdown bar if you want it to look 110% factory-fresh.

You can see my original lockdown bar in the background.. I tried removing the stickers on it using a plastic razor blade and the "BAT GADGET SELECTOR" came off just fine, but the extremely-thin bat logo didn't fare as well and it came apart at the top of the button where it has very little material to hold it together.

Needless to say, this new sticker set was $20 well-spent.

Both stickers come on a single sheet with a protective mask and are set so that you apply both in one pass.

20191006_153609922_iOS (resized).jpg20191006_153609922_iOS (resized).jpg

#14602 4 years ago

Hey guys. I received a BM66 from stern. I went to go install my speaker light kit mod, but I noticed that the little mini screws they holds down the LCD screen are basically all stripped from the factory! I was able to work 1 out after 20 minutes but I’m afraid if I even try the others after seeing how tight the first one was, would completely ruin the heads.

Does anyone have any advice? I want to put my new kit on there to match my other games but it doesn’t seem possible.

Should I call stern to complain? Will they send me a replacement folding down lower panel if I send them back the one in my game?

What happened to hand tightening such a small screw?
30339673-5806-4FEA-AA6A-BAFBC579FE9D (resized).jpeg30339673-5806-4FEA-AA6A-BAFBC579FE9D (resized).jpeg37C12AEF-440E-4127-B25A-9220071DEBBA (resized).jpeg37C12AEF-440E-4127-B25A-9220071DEBBA (resized).jpegCB6F95C0-4BAF-4A09-BD55-A26D728BB77A (resized).jpegCB6F95C0-4BAF-4A09-BD55-A26D728BB77A (resized).jpeg

#14603 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Hey guys. I received a BM66 from stern. I went to go install my speaker light kit mod, but I noticed that the little mini screws they holds down the LCD screen are basically all stripped from the factory! I was able to work 1 out after 20 minutes but I’m afraid if I even try the others after seeing how tight the first one was, would completely ruin the heads.
Does anyone have any advice? I want to put my new kit on there to match my other games but it doesn’t seem possible.
Should I call stern to complain? Will they send me a replacement folding down lower panel if I send them back the one in my game?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Try using a flathead screw driver to see if it'll grab and remove them. You can then call Stern or just goto your local hardware store or Homedepot / Lowes etc and get new ones the same length and tread. If you are going to do that I would go with socket head or torx screws instead.

#14604 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Try using a flathead screw driver to see if it'll grab and remove them. You can then call Stern or just goto your local hardware store or Homedepot / Lowes etc and get new ones the same length and tread. If you are going to do that I would go with socket head or torque screws instead.

Good advice right there.... I would go back with a Torx (T20 or T25 style or similar) because it looks like getting a socket head there might be a challenge..it all depends on clearance. If the flat-blade screwdriver won't bite, then try a set of long (forcep-style) vice grips. There's enough there of the screw head for the end of the pliers to latch on to and you can set the tension tight enough that once you clamp down on the pliers, you can twist the screw loose and back it out of the threaded hole.

#14605 4 years ago

According to the manual the screw used is a M3x0.5 X 6MM PPH Sems Zinc

#14606 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I would go with socket head or torque screws instead.

Quoted from EightBitWhit:

I would go back with a Torx (T20 or T25 style or similar)

Doh, dam Siri.... yes Torx screws but don't torque them down to tightly

#14607 4 years ago

What would Batman do?

Rob

#14608 4 years ago

Sorry to hear about that. If you take the speaker off you may be able to get a bit better angle on the screw. It may also help to have a screw driver with the handle long enough to clear the edge of the speaker panel so you can get a better grip / twist on the screwdriver.

Also.....if you are doing a lot of hard pushing on the side of the speaker plates to get those screws removed, you will want to make sure your LCD has stayed aligned to the plastic shield that is mounted below it on the speaker panel. In some cases, pushing hard on one of the speaker plate sides to get those side screws removed may make the screen and other speaker plate slide over a bit. So just make sure the LCD screen is lined up with the clear plastic shield when you go back to putting the light frames or speaker plates back on the panel. To keep this shifting from happening is why I instruct one light frame be installed at a time, but if extreme force is needed to remove those side screws, sometimes some sliding on the screen and other speaker plate can take place.

Some further observations I have had when messing with a lot of these. Just because one or two of the screws are tight, don't assume they are all that way. It sounds like you have already looked over the others screws and noticed they are though. I have had some that are a real pill to get removed and the other three will be no issue at all. Sometimes they just go way overboard on tightening things. I was removing the AC cover on a friends game and the nut on the front of the AC cover was so tight they had bent the metal cover in. It actually looked like the worker just said "screw it" and angrily tightened it down as far as possible. The nut had actually scraped the finish off of the metal cover when it was embedded in it and dented it in.

Here is another, slightly related, tip for when you do get the screws removed. When you go to put the light frames on.......go ahead and start the side screws in the screen. Do not tighten them but have them threaded in the side of the screen far enough to hold the screws in place. Then lower the light frames over the screws. You will notice that the light frames have mounting SLOTS there and not mounting HOLED. This makes it so they can be slid over the loosened screws that are protruding out of the sides of the screen. This can make it easier to get the holes and slots lined up (especially on the hole that also has the ground strap going through it). It's also much easier to make sure you have the screw threaded into the holes straight if you aren't having to deal with getting so many things lined up together. Then tighten the light frames and side screws down as you normally would.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#14609 4 years ago

Stern is a joke and their quality control sucks. Not surprising. I’d recommend emailing them for 4 months and Accomplishing nothing.

#14610 4 years ago

Update: my buddy was able to come over and give it a much better try. He managed to get the screws out with some elbow grease and a prayer that they didn’t completely strip out. Thank you all soo much for the info and tips!

Here is a photo of the games now

One last question. Does anyone know the type of screw, side etc that is suppose to go into the tv on the spinning mech? My tv had both screws completely missing. It was just hanging down when we unboxed it. It’s the two on top of the tv when looking down at the playfield on each side of the the antennae.

BA97A0F8-107D-4077-B3DF-98CD6827EF76 (resized).jpegBA97A0F8-107D-4077-B3DF-98CD6827EF76 (resized).jpeg
#14611 4 years ago

I hear we are getting a code update? Do we have any testers of the new code here?

#14612 4 years ago

Finally joined the Club. Now it's time for some Modding Action

IMG-20191013-WA0034 (resized).jpgIMG-20191013-WA0034 (resized).jpgIMG_20191013_184145 (resized).jpgIMG_20191013_184145 (resized).jpg
#14613 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I hear we are getting a code update? Do we have any testers of the new code here?

I honestly think the code is a next year thing.

Rob

#14614 4 years ago

Update: my buddy was able to come over and give it a much better try. He managed to get the screws out with some elbow grease and a prayer that they didn’t completely strip out. Thank you all soo much for the info and tips!
Here is a photo of the games now
One last question. Does anyone know the type of screw, side etc that is suppose to go into the tv on the spinning mech? My tv had both screws completely missing. It was just hanging down when we unboxed it. It’s the two on top of the tv when looking down at the playfield on each side of the the antennae.[quoted image]

I had the same issue. I recall buying the same size screw that holds the antenna in place.

#14615 4 years ago

Does anyone know the type of screw, side etc that is suppose to go into the tv on the spinning mech? My tv had both screws completely missing.

It would be the two screws that are loose inside the cabinet. Possibly stuck to the speaker magnet

#14616 4 years ago

My first BM66 needed some dialing in with Chas Siddiqi's help. It is always best to talk to him in person. My current BM66 has been flawless out of the box. The left orbit shot is smoother. Not sure if this is just the individual variability across all vendors with handmade machines, or they made some minor adjustments. Weird thing in pinball, not all machines are the same. The magnet is stronger as well, and the flasher on the atomic pile brighter. I've been very pleased with the quality and support from Stern across the four games I've purchased from them so far.

#14617 4 years ago

Speaking of the left orbit shot. Big thanks to DrBanner for sharing his fix for the left orbit shot not always registering. This shot requires a strong, clean hit. Problem is the ball will hug the side rail and not completely trip the switch. To remedy this all you need to do is loosen the 2 switch screws below and move it as far over to the left as it will go and tighten. Every shot weak or strong will now register.

#14618 4 years ago

I'm starting to get rejects from the bat signal hole, always with a clean, fast shot to the left orbit. It actually works better if it's slowed a bit, by hugging the rail or not perfectly hit clean.

#14619 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I'm starting to get rejects from the bat signal hole, always with a clean, fast shot to the left orbit. It actually works better if it's slowed a bit, by hugging the rail or not perfectly hit clean.

Maybe a Cliffy protector will help to land it better, if you haven't installed one, or a little cushion.

#14620 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I had this problem on my first BM66 ... a little foam pad stuck to the back of the scoop solved this. I think I used a small square piece of self adhesive weather stripping from Home Depot. Interestingly enough my Catwoman does not have this issue but I know it is common.

#14621 4 years ago

I just used PinballBrowser to replace the music from "Enter Batgirl, Exit Penguin" with a clip of "Attack" from the Batman movie; Nelson Riddle at his best. After some tinkering on Audacity first, I finally nailed it when it loops back to the point you can't even detect it. Man, it sounds so much better than what was there before; now it has a swingin' Riddle chart during the fight scene! Really fun!!!

#14622 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I had this problem on my first BM66 ... a little foam pad stuck to the back of the scoop solved this. I think I used a small square piece of self adhesive weather stripping from Home Depot. Interestingly enough my Catwoman does not have this issue but I know it is common.

This is what I did and it works great after.

#14623 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I just used PinballBrowser to replace the music from "Enter Batgirl, Exit Penguin" with a clip of "Attack" from the Batman movie; Nelson Riddle at his best. After some tinkering on Audacity first, I finally nailed it when it loops back to the point you can't even detect it. Man, it sounds so much better than what was there before; now it has a swingin' Riddle chart during the fight scene! Really fun!!!

Can you provide details on the new clip and the pinbrowser location?

#14624 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Can you provide details on the new clip and the pinbrowser location?

PM sent.

I would love to share this with anyone interested, but I'm not entirely certain that I would be able to post this, as it may involve copyrighted material. If anyone is interested, however, I would be willing to share the clip that I made, along with the sound location, if you would like this; just hit me with a PM.

#14625 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Speaking of the left orbit shot. Big thanks to DrBanner for sharing his fix for the left orbit shot not always registering. This shot requires a strong, clean hit. Problem is the ball will hug the side rail and not completely trip the switch. To remedy this all you need to do is loosen the 2 switch screws below and move it as far over to the left as it will go and tighten. Every shot weak or strong will now register.

Thanks!!! 5 minute fix!!!

#14626 4 years ago

SPINNING PROPELLER BAT COPTER MOD REVIEW AND INSTALL – BATMAN 66 : VIDEO

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2019/10/16/mods-spinning-propeller-bat-copter-mod-review-and-install-batman-66-video/

YouTube Post :

Bat Copter Installed (resized).jpgBat Copter Installed (resized).jpgBoard Set Under the Platfield (resized).jpgBoard Set Under the Platfield (resized).jpgOverview of Bat Copter (resized).jpgOverview of Bat Copter (resized).jpgTitle (resized).jpgTitle (resized).jpg
#14627 4 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2019/10/16/mods-spinning-propeller-bat-copter-mod-review-and-install-batman-66-video/
YouTube Post :
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is an awesome mod, super high quality, highly recommended!

#14628 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

This is an awesome mod, super high quality, highly recommended!

Only thing keeping me from getting this is the fact I think its bigger than 1:50 scale? All my other Bat vehicles are 1:50 and I want them all uniform. Plus I already have Mezels lighted Batcopter that they sold for a limited time. Decisions decisions.

#14629 4 years ago

It’s pretty close to the slightly smaller hot wheels one, but has more detail. It would look great! Here’s the docquest comparison from a couple of years ago.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/68#post-3868818

#14630 4 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Blog Post :
YouTube Post :
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow...this mod is awesome, the BM66 mods are killing my bank balance

#14631 4 years ago

Only thing keeping me from getting this is the fact I think its bigger than 1:50 scale? All my other Bat vehicles are 1:50 and I want them all uniform. Plus I already have Mezels lighted Batcopter that they sold for a limited time. Decisions decisions.

It looks as if he is using the Hallmark Batcopter, if that's the case they fit real nicely into the machine and one of the nicest ones to use.

#14632 4 years ago

I got a few green plastics made for the top corners. Certainly brightens the riddler plastics. Also changed the clear plastic for over the right catwoman ramp into a smoked black.
Turned out pretty good.

IMG_20191017_130713 (resized).jpgIMG_20191017_130713 (resized).jpgIMG_20191017_130548 (resized).jpgIMG_20191017_130548 (resized).jpg
#14633 4 years ago

My apologies if this has come up before. I just received a new, out of the box Batman 66 Premium today. How many balls are supposed to come with it? Mine has 5; I've heard 6, and I've also read that there is an 8-ball multi-ball? Any guidance would be much appreciated! Thank you!

#14634 4 years ago
Quoted from Aipotu:

My apologies if this has come up before. I just received a new, out of the box Batman 66 Premium today. How many balls are supposed to come with it? Mine has 5; I've heard 6, and I've also read that there is an 8-ball multi-ball? Any guidance would be much appreciated! Thank you!

#14635 4 years ago

This^

There should be a sticker under the lockdown bar stating how many balls. No 8 ball multiball in this game.

#14636 4 years ago

This^
There should be a sticker under the lockdown bar stating how many balls. No 8 ball multiball in this game.

Although mine did have the correct number of balls, mine did not have the sticker under the lockdown bar, either.

#14637 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Thank you, I will certainly do that. I don't have cliffy's on any of my machines, I never thought to use them. I'm starting to get rejects with right flipper backhand to penguin scoop too. Might have to rethink cliffy use.

#14638 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Thank you, I will certainly do that. I don't have cliffy's on any of my machines, I never thought to use them. I'm starting to get rejects with right flipper backhand to penguin scoop too. Might have to rethink cliffy use.

I did not put any protectors on BM66. After several hundred games, no issues so far.

Rob

#14639 4 years ago

Anyone at Chicago Expo that can try and get details on next code BM66 update from Lyman ?

#14640 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Anyone at Chicago Expo that can try and get details on next code BM66 update from Lyman ?

I'm on it!

#14641 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

And spoil any surprises?!

Rob

#14642 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

And spoil any surprises?!
Rob

I was thinking more of time frame of release vs actual game surprises.

#14643 4 years ago

Any one have a fix for this problem? When the "Lock is Lit" mode is activated, the balls don't lock -- the white post on the turntable does not go down. Is there a quick or easy fix for a novice to make?

IMG_3545 (resized).jpgIMG_3545 (resized).jpg
#14644 4 years ago
Quoted from Aipotu:

Any one have a fix for this problem? When the "Lock is Lit" mode is activated, the balls don't lock -- the white post on the turntable does not go down. Is there a quick or easy fix for a novice to make?[quoted image]

Does it go down in Coil Test Mode in the Service Menus??

I'd check for a broken wire going to it's coil.

#14645 4 years ago

While you're at it, kick Dwight in the nuts and tell him to fix/add to The Munster's code

#14646 4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion. I ran the coil test and it worked, and then after that in game play as well. (I also had shut off the machine first, so that may have helped as well.

#14647 4 years ago

When does the LE/SLE topper activate during gameplay? I have a Pre but would like to make something similar for my machine.

#14648 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

When does the LE/SLE topper activate during gameplay? I have a Pre but would like to make something similar for my machine.

Any time the Batmobile is in play (e.g. Bat turn mode, leaving the Batcave)

Don’t know how you are going to control it without using the Stern boards - it’s more complicated than finding a dedicated bulb to tap into.

#14649 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Any time the Batmobile is in play (e.g. Bat turn mode, leaving the Batcave)
Don’t know how you are going to control it without using the Stern boards - it’s more complicated than finding a dedicated bulb to tap into.

Thanks! Hmm, good question...

#14650 4 years ago

Anyone at expo been by Chris Franchi stand? How much are his superman and beetle juice translites?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 293 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/293?hl=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.