IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 292 of 374.
#14551 4 years ago
Quoted from mkk629:

I llike the new Hallmark Bat Boat, but at over 5 inches long, where would be a good place to put it on the playfield?

Was going to buy that, but scale wise, over 5” long? Don’t think it will scale well with other hot wheels items already there. Glad I found that out before ordering.

#14552 4 years ago

Has anyone bought the Hallmark Batgirl?
How is she and do you think it would look good in the pin?

#14553 4 years ago

I’m sure she will look great. Should be same scale as the other hallmark figures which fit nicely. I added the Hallmark Catwoman to mine a while ago...

#14554 4 years ago
Quoted from mkk629:

I llike the new Hallmark Bat Boat, but at over 5 inches long, where would be a good place to put it on the playfield?

Most owners just use the Hot Wheels Batboat and mount it over the shooter lane using one of @Yelobird's mounting plates.

#14555 4 years ago
Quoted from mkk629:

I was gonna put mine on my xmas tree.

#14556 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Well, it had to be said...

Well done, sir!

#14557 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The Hallmark ornaments are for the pins. These are for the tree . . . .

CFA568A9-425E-4A60-8103-AE189741011F (resized).jpegCFA568A9-425E-4A60-8103-AE189741011F (resized).jpeg
#14558 4 years ago

Installed biglaw's Batcopter mod....very cool!!!!

Link to mod: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/84633

#14559 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Thanks

#14560 4 years ago

After (nearly) 3 years, all of you making Billions, and Billions, and Billions, now the time has come... READ ‘EM AND WEEP fellas!

...finally my 1st Billion and I wrote my beloved Father’s name with my new record to remember him.
Cheers!
15157EAF-4099-4D9E-B783-EB65F1EDE300 (resized).jpeg15157EAF-4099-4D9E-B783-EB65F1EDE300 (resized).jpeg

#14561 4 years ago

Hi all.

I just thought that I would let everyone know that I have opened a shop on Pinside in order to offer my Batcomputer Console Covers. Here is a convenient link for those interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1220-scottymods/02915-batman-66-computer-console-cover

Also, I have started a new thread with a re-post of my original posting here, showing pictures of my mod. I thought it might be best so as to not threadjack here any further, and I also thought that it would be a good place to answer any questions regarding this mod, installation, and so forth. The new thread can be found here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-computer-console-cover#post-5243719

I wish to thank EVERYONE (!) that expressed an interest in this endeavor and encouraged me to pursue this; this is such a GREAT community, and I'm so glad that I can share this with you all!

#14562 4 years ago

Got my Batgirl today

IMG_2487 (resized).JPGIMG_2487 (resized).JPG
#14563 4 years ago

What a great find this club. Just got my 66 LE about 2 weeks ago. Still finding new things.

#14564 4 years ago
Quoted from erniebh:

What a great find this club. Just got my 66 LE about 2 weeks ago. Still finding new things.

Welcome!!!...great machine...

#14565 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

After (nearly) 3 years, all of you making Billions, and Billions, and Billions, now the time has come... READ ‘EM AND WEEP fellas!
...finally my 1st Billion and I wrote my beloved Father’s name with my new record to remember him.
Cheers!
[quoted image]

Great score and way to remember your Dad!!!! (some of us haven't made the billionaire club yet, btw.. )

#14566 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Link to mod: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/84633

Wow, cool mod. Somehow missed that.

#14567 4 years ago

Anyone near Richmond wanna trade a modded our Batman 66 + $ for a Modded out Wonka LE? Hit me up

#14568 4 years ago

I finally managed to find a Hallmark Batgirl yesterday. There are either a lot of Batman 66 modder's in my area, or they REALLY mean limited edition!

Looks great though...

#14569 4 years ago

I might be behind with this one but sad to read Chris Franchi has ended his relationship with Stern.

#14570 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I might be behind with this one but sad to read Chris Franchi has ended his relationship with Stern.

I hadn't heard this... what was the deal?

#14571 4 years ago

Egos here and there I guess...

#14572 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

He is staying in the pinball business, just not with stern. Hopefully spooky or jjp

#14573 4 years ago

Hi fellow Pinsiders!

Batman is my dream theme and I’ve finally purchased a Catwoman edition. I’m just wondering what you all think about my PF situation? I’ve purchased 4 other NIB Stern machines recently with zero PF issues.

I have a great distributor here in Australia that told me they‘d send into Stern to get their opinion if this should be fixed and I’ve not received a positive reply yet. Do you all think this is bad enough Stern should replace my PF with a new populated one? I’m not trying to make waves here, but this machine is a keeper and I would really like to have one that is in mint condition, as I’m a collector.

Here are my photos, what do yo all think? It seems all the machines without PF art under them have no problems. You can see how the art has slide under the sling posts. You can also see where the apron was over tightened and splitting the PF. Since this is on both sides of my apron is this going to be a problem down the road?

Also, how do I fix a glaring near white penguin umbrella insert that is suppose to be purple? It is quite bothersome playing, while all other Penguin umbrella inserts show purple and have one glaring white in my face. Do you think a purple gel will fix the issue? Or putting a purple gel under the insert will look obviously; that’s what’s been done? As expensive as these machines are, I’d like to have one that is in pristine as possible condition. What do you all think I should do?
020B3070-E15C-4851-902D-9C5870B937DB (resized).jpeg020B3070-E15C-4851-902D-9C5870B937DB (resized).jpeg095C806D-1D3C-445B-BD6E-71665A87F997 (resized).jpeg095C806D-1D3C-445B-BD6E-71665A87F997 (resized).jpeg0BBA2061-C7BB-429B-A772-88BE75F2C265 (resized).jpeg0BBA2061-C7BB-429B-A772-88BE75F2C265 (resized).jpeg44CB95D6-EAC9-44FB-80EE-BCE17F893BF4 (resized).jpeg44CB95D6-EAC9-44FB-80EE-BCE17F893BF4 (resized).jpeg649554C7-39B6-49D6-8E5D-670494CF7305 (resized).jpeg649554C7-39B6-49D6-8E5D-670494CF7305 (resized).jpeg

#14574 4 years ago
#14575 4 years ago
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14576 4 years ago

Forgive me but I tried to search this.

Has anyone experienced a loud screech maybe possibly when the machine is trying to do too many things at the same time?

#14577 4 years ago

I think there is one near you https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/86007

Quoted from VividPsychosis:Anyone near Richmond wanna trade a modded our Batman 66 + $ for a Modded out Wonka LE? Hit me up

#14578 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hi fellow Pinsiders!
Batman is my dream theme and I’ve finally purchased a Catwoman edition. I’m just wondering what you all think about my PF situation? I’ve purchased 4 other NIB Stern machines recently with zero PF issues.
I have a great distributor here in Australia that told me they‘d send into Stern to get their opinion if this should be fixed and I’ve not received a positive reply yet. Do you all think this is bad enough Stern should replace my PF with a new populated one? I’m not trying to make waves here, but this machine is a keeper and I would really like to have one that is in mint condition, as I’m a collector.
Here are my photos, what do yo all think? It seems all the machines without PF art under them have no problems. You can see how the art has slide under the sling posts. You can also see where the apron was over tightened and splitting the PF. Since this is on both sides of my apron is this going to be a problem down the road?
Also, how do I fix a glaring near white penguin umbrella insert that is suppose to be purple? It is quite bothersome playing, while all other Penguin umbrella inserts show purple and have one glaring white in my face. Do you think a purple gel will fix the issue? Or putting a purple gel under the insert will look obviously; that’s what’s been done? As expensive as these machines are, I’d like to have one that is in pristine as possible condition. What do you all think I should do?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Put it this way mate, when you look at the feature Batman Matrix and Batman related flyers can you see any of the issues that you are having?

If the answer is no then have AMD read out to Stern fix what needs fixing.

Let us know how you get along.

#14579 4 years ago
Quoted from erniebh:

Forgive me but I tried to search this.
Has anyone experienced a loud screech maybe possibly when the machine is trying to do too many things at the same time?

It's is the noise a modern Stern makes when you get a special. It will do that when you reach a high enough score or get a match at the end of a game. It signifies you winning a free game.

There are settings in the game where you can shot off, I'm not sure if it can be adjusted to be turned down, but it's not an issue and should be considered a good thing when you hear it.

#14580 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hi fellow Pinsiders!

I personally wouldn’t accept that playfield, the art is definitely coming away from the wood and on top of that having the wrong insert colour would seal the deal for me that the playfield is going back to Stern!

#14581 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hi fellow Pinsiders!

Unacceptable. I would lobby hard to get the playfield replaced. That playfield clear damage will certainly get worse and you’ll notice the wrong Penguin insert every game. I sure wouldn’t try to “fix” it with a gel.

From reading other accounts in the playfield damage threads you and your distributor will need to be persistent to get a response and action from Stern. Good luck.

#14582 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It's is the noise a modern Stern makes when you get a special. It will do that when you reach a high enough score or get a match at the end of a game. It signifies you winning a free game.
There are settings in the game where you can shot off, I'm not sure if it can be adjusted to be turned down, but it's not an issue and should be considered a good thing when you hear it.

Thanks for the reply, such a weird noise. Sounds like something is breaking, lol, instead of something good, especially in the privacy of my basement.

#14583 4 years ago
Quoted from erniebh:

Thanks for the reply, such a weird noise. Sounds like something is breaking, lol, instead of something good, especially in the privacy of my basement.

Ya it replaced the knocker noise on stern games in the 2000's. You can adjust the volume in the settings.

#14584 4 years ago
Quoted from erniebh:

I believe you can replace that noise with the traditional knocker sound; I have it enabled on mine. I can get more specifics when I get home from work today.

#14585 4 years ago
Quoted from erniebh:

You can disable the sound and put in a real physical knocker.

https://www.pinballlife.com/real-knocker-kit-for-stern-spikespike-2.html

#14586 4 years ago

Curious about the knocker kit as well. Anyone have a pic of where they put
theirs and is it difficult to install.

#14587 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hi fellow Pinsiders!

I'd be returning the game.

#14588 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hi fellow Pinsiders!

I feel your pain.

Remember to be patient, ask for what you want and be nice about it.
Remember that game is $13K of your hard earned dollars and you deserve value for money. Part of that $13K means the game has to look good.

Stern are well aware of the issue. Please keep us all updated on your progress.

Good Luck!

#14589 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I feel your pain.
Remember to be patient, ask for what you want and be nice about it.
Remember that game is $13K of your hard earned dollars and you deserve value for money. Part of that $13K means the game has to look good.
Stern are well aware of the issue. Please keep us all updated on your progress.
Good Luck!

Thanks everyone for your support. It is a great deal of money $13k and even though each machine is unique, these type of problems should not be a “unique part of handmade americana art”. They have always done right by us before, so hoping they will here too. I will report to everyone here when I hear their decision.

#14590 4 years ago

I am looking for some advice/insight. I finally got the part from stern
so I can finally change the small spinning play field. It won’t come out unless you remove the coil that swings
that gate open and closed , for the skill shot, etc. yes the same one that crap workmanship and quality control, broke on me and dug a trench in my play field.

Anyway the set screw is stuck. I am stripping allen wrench after allen wrench trying to get it out. It took 5 weeks but stern finally sent me a replacement coil (arm?, not sure what its called). The intent is that I’d probably have to destroy this one to get it out.

I am sick of this, I have never played the game as it is intended since I bought it 4 months ago.

Anyway here is a pic. How should I get this out? I’m nit really on board with shooting wd40 in my cab.

C3A04D9E-3B23-4F8F-A5A1-6CF3054795E9 (resized).jpegC3A04D9E-3B23-4F8F-A5A1-6CF3054795E9 (resized).jpeg
#14591 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I am looking for some advice/insight. I finally got the part from stern
so I can finally change the small spinning play field. It won’t come out unless you remove the coil that swings
that gate open and closed , for the skill shot, etc. yes the same one that crap workmanship and quality control, broke on me and dug a trench in my play field.
Anyway the set screw is stuck. I am stripping allen wrench after allen wrench trying to get it out.

Can you remove the coil that fires this plunger, then just let the plunger and hang free, this way you can get the thing out of the playfield to deal with the stuck set screw?

#14592 4 years ago
Quoted from Skeets:

Can you remove the coil that fires this plunger, then just let the plunger and hang free, this way you can get the thing out of the playfield to deal with the stuck set screw?

That would be a big nope.

3AC42BAD-DC26-48C4-8A2D-781E06576AD5 (resized).jpeg3AC42BAD-DC26-48C4-8A2D-781E06576AD5 (resized).jpeg
#14593 4 years ago

You could use a small torch to heat up the set screw and then break it loose.
It has many uses as well other than this. Useful to have around.
Like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RKVHJH6/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_YvnODb7JQB3JX

#14594 4 years ago

Well I forced the old turntable out. (Deal with the repercussions later).
The new one doesn’t ‘center’ very well. I’ve adjusted the heck out of it. I’m afraid to power it up
the way it sits right now.

AE5EB170-C0A3-482E-AD5A-6A2465812D12 (resized).jpegAE5EB170-C0A3-482E-AD5A-6A2465812D12 (resized).jpegFF00B1F8-789F-4ACE-B754-1B32C991BF35 (resized).jpegFF00B1F8-789F-4ACE-B754-1B32C991BF35 (resized).jpeg
#14595 4 years ago

Well, this "new" play field is worse than my original. IT has too much play relative to the centering pin. That is why it won't center.
It does not spin in test mode. One little board was damaged somewhat in shipping, this could be the cause.

Anyway, now my machine went from playable but not perfect to completely unplayable.

Stern is sending me another mini spinning play field. So I get to change the fucking rubbers on a new playfield , atomic pile, etc. and.. I still have a trench in my play field from the first quality control malfunction and a chunk o fart missing near the penguin scoop.

awesome. IT's a good thing I"m not going to pagg, some stern guys would be spitting teeth.

#14596 4 years ago

Well, I got another, this time one of the last 50 Adam West signed PREs. Made the mistake of trading my other one. Back to the mod table! Was gonna make my own batcopter electrified but biglaw made such a good one, I went with his!

6D8EF379-11FC-4DB8-A72C-DF6691EA4F2E (resized).jpeg6D8EF379-11FC-4DB8-A72C-DF6691EA4F2E (resized).jpeg3E4CA27E-CE4F-4BF0-A25B-33C12E89C4E8 (resized).jpeg3E4CA27E-CE4F-4BF0-A25B-33C12E89C4E8 (resized).jpeg20175E4A-6449-45AB-8077-2DFC194618A5 (resized).jpeg20175E4A-6449-45AB-8077-2DFC194618A5 (resized).jpeg
#14597 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Anyway here is a pic. How should I get this out? I’m nit really on board with shooting wd40 in my cab.

If you are rounding off allen keys, you aren't using good keys, or more likely the right one. Inexpensive allen keys are usually garbage. I don't know the size of the one you need, but it's probably in the manual. Get a good quality one and you should be good to go. It might help to heat up the set screw with a small torch or hold a soldering iron against it.

Rob

#14598 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Anyone else ever have the atomic pile shot bounce back into the playfield instead of exiting the side like it’s supposed to? Maybe my one way gate is sticking.

This happens on mine as well. Did you find a way to fix it?

#14599 4 years ago

Hey guys,

joining the club tomorrow and o'm so excited. Now i bought some mod stuff.
But I'm looking for the catwoman Ramp decals. Is it possible that someone can share it with me? Would be really happy if it'S possible

Thank you

#14600 4 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Hey guys,
joining the club tomorrow and o'm so excited. Now i bought some mod stuff.
But I'm looking for the catwoman Ramp decals. Is it possible that someone can share it with me? Would be really happy if it'S possible
Thank you

If you google leopard print vinyl smallest pattern or scale, you should find options, such as on etsy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.50
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Sylacauga, AL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 292 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/292?hl=vividpsychosis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.