IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 291 of 374.
#14501 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Glad you like what I did; it was a labor of love...lol!
Actually, I've had a couple of inquiries regarding this. I hadn't originally planned to make and sell these, but I suppose I could run off a couple of sets if there is enough interest. It may take a few days, however, as I do have a full-time gig and this would be a spare time project.
I'll sit down soon and figure out what needs to be done and what it might cost, and I'll get back to you.

Please put me on the list as well

#14502 4 years ago

Batman turns 80 today! Happy flipping!

#14503 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Glad you like what I did; it was a labor of love...lol!
Actually, I've had a couple of inquiries regarding this. I hadn't originally planned to make and sell these, but I suppose I could run off a couple of sets if there is enough interest. It may take a few days, however, as I do have a full-time gig and this would be a spare time project.
I'll sit down soon and figure out what needs to be done and what it might cost, and I'll get back to you.

Thank you very much. I'll send you a PM and we can take the discussion there!

#14504 4 years ago

Guys I am having turntable trouble. When I attempt to diagnose, and go to the turntable motor test I get ”too many errors.” It rotated maybe 1/4 turn, attempts to reverse and gets stuck. I don’t visibly see anything blocking the rotations. I didn’t see this anywhere in the thread. Please help!

#14505 4 years ago
Quoted from anago:

Guys I am having turntable trouble. When I attempt to diagnose, and go to the turntable motor test I get ”too many errors.” It rotated maybe 1/4 turn, attempts to reverse and gets stuck. I don’t visibly see anything blocking the rotations. I didn’t see this anywhere in the thread. Please help!

One thing to check that most don’t is the wiring going through the bat tube. Is it somehow jammed or will it freely move back and forth? Also make sure the cam is working properly by looking from the bottom. Are there wires or screws that have become dislodged and only identifiable by observing with the table lifted up while in diagnostics?

#14506 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

One thing to check that most don’t is the wiring going through the bat tube. Is it somehow jammed or will it freely move back and forth? Also make sure the cam is working properly by looking from the bottom. Are there wires or screws that have become dislodged and only identifiable by observing with the table lifted up while in diagnostics?

I’ve lifted the playfield and no obvious screws or connections seemed loose. I cannot turn the turntable freely by hand more than an inch. Unsure if that is normal or not. It is stuck between the bat phone and atomic pile facing the magnet.

#14507 4 years ago
Quoted from anago:

I’ve lifted the playfield and no obvious screws or connections seemed loose. I cannot turn the turntable freely by hand more than an inch. Unsure if that is normal or not. It is stuck between the bat phone and atomic pile facing the magnet.

It does sound like the turn table cable wire issue, did you zip tie any wires underneath there at all? Semi lift the playfield and go into test function of the turn table let the motor rotate it and see if the wire tightens up like a guitar string.

#14508 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

So I had a little bit of time this past weekend, so I decided to remedy something which has been bugging me for some time; specifically, the backs of the Batcomputer and the Crime Analyzer lights. I always thought that the backs of those small LED boards looked somewhat exposed, and I was also slightly concerned that at some point, a flying ball just might hit it and cause all kinds of mayhem, however slight the possibility might be.
Here's what I came up with:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
I cut some aluminum step flashing sheets that I had on my workbench to fit over the back and sides of the steel part to give it somewhat more of a clean finish and also to protect the LED board. I had to take apart a good portion of the upper part of the rotating playfield to get to the screws that hold the original part in place and attach my part, but I think it was worth it and it came out nice.

Very nice!!! I'd be in for a set as well...

#14509 4 years ago

I'm in for a set!

#14510 4 years ago

So interesting Gomez's comments on BM 66 artwork (58:30 in to Flip n Out stream last night)...and how he hated the artwork and this led them to doing an online search of potential replacements and came across Franchi. Time crunched project as it was, made it even more stressful at this finish line. If not for this maybe we wouldn't have Franchi at all, what a great find!

#14511 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

So interesting Gomez's comments on BM 66 artwork (58:30 in to Flip n Out stream last night)...and how he hated the artwork and this led them to doing an online search of potential replacements and came across Franchi. Time crunched project as it was, made it even more stressful at this finish line. If not for this maybe we wouldn't have Franchi at all, what a great find!

Very cool, is franchi still doing art? I love his stuff

#14512 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Very cool, is franchi still doing art? I love his stuff

Franchi will be at the Pinball Expo as far as I know.

#14513 4 years ago

For @MrKegFlex

The only 3 pictures I have from when I was levelling the BM66 turntable. One picture shows the shaft/plate assembly the round playfield is mounted to. The other picture shows the stripped down turntable before I put it in the game for adjusting the level. You can see it looks like the shaft is crooked and I'm not sure if that is intention design or not. The third picture shows my first shim attempt with a washer, but I decided to just fold a small piece of printer paper for desired thickness and just slide it between the plate and the playfield.

This all involves disassembling the turntable mech and removing both ramps from the playfield. You will also need to remove the ball lock gate first before anything else. Just loosen the set screw on the gate shaft and slide it out from above the playfield. It's in the way of turntable removal.

Rob
20181216_221120 (resized).jpg20181216_221120 (resized).jpg20181216_230220 (resized).jpg20181216_230220 (resized).jpg

20181216_223758 (resized).jpg20181216_223758 (resized).jpg
#14514 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

It does sound like the turn table cable wire issue, did you zip tie any wires underneath there at all? Semi lift the playfield and go into test function of the turn table let the motor rotate it and see if the wire tightens up like a guitar string.

Guys thanks so much for the help diagnosing so far.

Here is what I emailed Chas after he mentioned to do a turntable motor test. I’m still at a loss for what is going on. Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

“ Hi Chas - it appears both optos spin, until they lockup. “Too many consecutive errors” is the exact wording of the error message I receive during the turntable motor test.

I removed the ‘Driven Geneva Wheel, Mini-PF’ PN 545-9914-00 and was able to freely turn the turntable by hand. During the startup of the machine the turntable turns slightly left gets stuck then turns slightly right. When looking with the playfield lowered it gets stuck right between the bat phone and the bat mobile, with neither aligning properly towards the magnet for a target shot.

It doesn’t appear to be hanging up on any wires. My guess would be it’s either one of the three white plastic pieces coming from the bottom of the wooden circle rubbing against the circular metal bracket. Which would mean its possibly out of balance/miss aligned? Hard to tell when the playfield is life’s and all of the weight of the mech is on the back.

Or possibly the motor ‘Assembly, Motor & Caps, 24 VDC / 20 RPM’ PN 511-7886-00 is failing?

Having said all of the above, after removing the Driven Geneva Wheel, spinning the mini playfield by hand, and reassembling, I was able to get a few games in with the turntable functioning properly. However on my fourth game it locked up again.”

#14515 4 years ago

I know this is probably a shot in the dark but is anyone willing to sell this plastic piece? Of course this goes out to anyone who brought a full plastic piece set. Thanks.

631320BA-03F8-4527-9CE8-0414C606C850 (resized).jpeg631320BA-03F8-4527-9CE8-0414C606C850 (resized).jpeg
#14516 4 years ago

Anyone within 3-4 hours of the Washington D.C. area interested in selling? I’m looking for a decent deal but all the reasonably priced options are half a country away from me.

#14517 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

OK well it certainly looks like there is indeed interest.
I'm a bit swamped at work this week, and I have a wedding to go to on Saturday, so I should have some more info for those interested this coming Sunday.
Patience, grasshopper...

Put my set on tonight....HIGHLY recommend!!!! looks amazing...like the back of the machine should be. Great job!!...mark

#14518 4 years ago

Nice to know new BM66 code in the works.....now if I can only get past all 3 seasons.....

#14519 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Put my set on tonight....HIGHLY recommend!!!! looks amazing...like the back of the machine should be. Great job!!...mark

I received mine today as well. I can’t wait to put them on this weekend.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Nice to know new BM66 code in the works.....now if I can only get past all 3 seasons.....

I don’t even know how to progress through 1. I think I’ve been on season 3 before but didn’t understand how I got there.

#14520 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man so I know the usual is bookworm, freeze, tut, but that's not always gonna work. I have been having decent score going for freeze first which helps me get bookworm done them move on to tut or whoever I want for season three. The mini wizard modes are a blast. I highly recommend freeze then bookworm to get some things moving.

#14521 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

....now if I can only get past all 3 seasons.

No, you wouldn't want to do that for then you'll be in the Michael Keaton era

#14522 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Man so I know the usual is bookworm, freeze, tut, but that's not always gonna work. I have been having decent score going for freeze first which helps me get bookworm done them move on to tut or whoever I want for season three. The mini wizard modes are a blast. I highly recommend freeze then bookworm to get some things moving.

I've tried several paths..usually bookworm then tut. I'm just not good enough to put it all together in a single game...did it once....have to focus on freeze more...I jump to shamus just to get an easy mb once in awhile....this game officially kicks my ass

#14523 4 years ago

No, you wouldn't want to do that for then you'll be in the Michael Keaton era

lol...zero worries on that one...fortunately, you don't have to be an amazing player to enjoy amazing pins.....

#14524 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I received mine today as well. I can’t wait to put them on this weekend.

I don’t even know how to progress through 1. I think I’ve been on season 3 before but didn’t understand how I got there.

Light the 3 TV targets, shoot left orbit to the saucer, pick your poison.....

#14525 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Light the 3 TV targets, shoot left orbit to the saucer, pick your poison.....

Does that mean I need to play/finish all of the minor villains to get to season 3?

#14526 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Glad you like them, Mark! Thanks for the recommendation; high praise indeed coming from you.

All of the sets that I sent out have been delivered from what I can see. I'd like to receive some more feedback before I start producing these for real, just in case I need to make any adjustments.

I have a few extra sets that I made up in this first run; $25/pair + $5 shipping. PM me if you are interested; first come, first served.

#14527 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Does that mean I need to play/finish all of the minor villains to get to season 3?

No, you can jump through all three seasons and choose the one you want to go after. There are specific rewards for completing certain ones. They are all fun...fortunately, that's why I play the game. Strategies are very much in play...so many ways to go after this machine....a personal favorite...

#14528 4 years ago

Added a few things to mine recently.

IMG_20190920_183755148 (resized).jpgIMG_20190920_183755148 (resized).jpgIMG_20190926_220928_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20190926_220928_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20190929_175208977 (resized).jpgIMG_20190929_175208977 (resized).jpgIMG_20190929_175140331 (resized).jpgIMG_20190929_175140331 (resized).jpg
#14529 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Added a few things to mine recently.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How cool are the art blades? We added a set to ours last week end and just love them!

#14530 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Glad you like them, Mark! Thanks for the recommendation; high praise indeed coming from you.
All of the sets that I sent out have been delivered from what I can see. I'd like to receive some more feedback before I start producing these for real, just in case I need to make any adjustments.
I have a few extra sets that I made up in this first run; $25/pair + $5 shipping. PM me if you are interested; first come, first served.

Deserved...as an install note -
I always put thread lock on all my screws on that turntable mech (including the computers)...things get hit quite regularly up there, and the whole mech is a unique item, imho.....my atomic pile is high, so should be ok. (but definitely braced for the random hit, as it won't survive). Nice, metal reinforcement, which compliments the look...win/ win.

#14531 4 years ago

Added a few things to mine recently.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I do like those art blades on your BM66, might have to get a set and see if I like them more in person than the ones that came on my LE.

#14532 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Going to install mine this weekend!!

#14533 4 years ago

Where did you get the armor?

#14534 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Going to install mine this weekend!!

Great! Let me know how the install goes, and feel free to post pictures...

#14535 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I do like those art blades on your BM66, might have to get a set and see if I like them more in person than the ones that came on my LE.

Got a great deal on them here on pinside. I'm glad to have a little more Batgirl and Catwoman representation in the art, as a result.

#14536 4 years ago

anybody know when they might update the code? it's been on union list for months now. i'm sort of thinking the update will be small, probably just scoring changes. more minor villains or more major villain modes would be awesome.

#14537 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

anybody know when they might update the code? it's been on union list for months now. i'm sort of thinking the update will be small, probably just scoring changes. more minor villains or more major villain modes would be awesome.

Lyman is lead on the new Elvira pin, so its really anybody's guess on timeline.

#14538 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Lyman is lead on the new Elvira pin, so its really anybody's guess on timeline.

Having new code on BM66 would be nice, but I wouldn't be disappointed if it was left as it is; it's still a great pin.

#14539 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Having new code on BM66 would be nice, but I wouldn't be disappointed if it was left as it is; it's still a great pin.

New code is coming just a matter of when, we can’t really say we are in need of it ASAP though the games already amazing more code is icing on the cake from this point forward.

#14540 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

With Lyman you never know, he will definitely balance the game more and probably change some scoring, hopefully update and add some more lightshows but he could also add more depth and new modes as he’s done that time and time again with his games, it’s precisely why he was put on code for this game and Elvira.

#14541 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Deserved...as an install note -
I always put thread lock on all my screws on that turntable mech (including the computers)...things get hit quite regularly up there, and the whole mech is a unique item, imho.....my atomic pile is high, so should be ok. (but definitely braced for the random hit, as it won't survive). Nice, metal reinforcement, which compliments the look...win/ win.

I tried to install mine today.... 2 issues I have.... #1...I cant get the cat5 cable off the TV.....#2...I dont have any slack in the console wires to flip the plastic... ??? tricks????

#14542 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I tried to install mine today.... 2 issues I have.... #1...I cant get the cat5 cable off the TV.....#2...I dont have any slack in the console wires to flip the plastic... ??? tricks????

1) There's a small tab that holds the Cat5 cable in. That needs to be depressed downward in order to free it. If you can't get your thumb and finger in there, perhaps needlenose pliers can be used to gently push the tab down, while pulling out the cable.

2) I'm not too certain about this; I had slack on my light wire cables that I was able to gently pull on to get the plastic turned up for access to the screws. I'll check on this and get back to you to see if there's another way to do it.

Thanks for letting me know.

#14543 4 years ago

Batman 2019 ornaments started selling today for those so inclined. Batgirl is a limited edition so each store only gets a few.

Batboat2019 (resized).jpgBatboat2019 (resized).jpgBatgirl2019 (resized).jpgBatgirl2019 (resized).jpg
#14544 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

OK I had a chance to take a look at this:

1) Notice the small tab:
Villian Vision tab (resized).jpgVillian Vision tab (resized).jpg
I just found that it's easier to remove the cable if you use a flat screwdriver for this; with one hand, slide the screwdriver in just above the tab, push down, and pull out the cable with the other hand while pushing down on the tab. Should slide right out.

2) It might be possible to disconnect the console wires by lifting the playfield. The one on the right has easy access, but the one on the left is behind the plastic shield. You will have to rotate the mini playfield around to the other side; once you do that, the cable can be disconnected easily.

I think the Cat5 cable being disconnected is key, though. It might make turning the plastic on it's side a lot easier, so you might not even need to disconnect the console cables.

I hope this helps; let me know how you make out.

#14545 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

OK I had a chance to take a look at this:
1) Notice the small tab:
[quoted image]
I just found that it's easier to remove the cable if you use a flat screwdriver for this; with one hand, slide the screwdriver in just above the tab, push down, and pull out the cable with the other hand while pushing down on the tab. Should slide right out.
2) It might be possible to disconnect the console wires by lifting the playfield. The one on the right has easy access, but the one on the left is behind the plastic shield. You will have to rotate the mini playfield around to the other side; once you do that, the cable can be disconnected easily.
I think the Cat5 cable being disconnected is key, though. It might make turning the plastic on it's side a lot easier, so you might not even need to disconnect the console cables.
I hope this helps; let me know how you make out.

My connecter looks different...?

tv1 (resized).JPGtv1 (resized).JPG
#14546 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

My connecter looks different...?

The RJ45 locking tab is under that black tail piece. Just press downward on the clear plastic tab and then with slight pressure pull the wire out.

#14547 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

My connecter looks different...?[quoted image]

It looks like the rubber-like extension is on the outside; that can happen. Look inside; you should see the plastic tab.

Can you take a photo of the inside, where the cable is actually in the socket?

#14548 4 years ago

The RJ45 locking tab is under that black tail piece. Just press downward on the clear plastic tab and then with slight pressure pull the wire out.

Yep, that's it exactly.

#14549 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

It looks like the rubber-like extension is on the outside; that can happen. Look inside; you should see the plastic tab.
Can you take a photo of the inside, where the cable is actually in the socket?

Try tomorrow...beer time.... thanks folks!!

#14550 4 years ago

I llike the new Hallmark Bat Boat, but at over 5 inches long, where would be a good place to put it on the playfield?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 39.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 291 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/291 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.