IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 374.
#14451 4 years ago

After about 1500 games, I finally got "Light Extra Ball" as a mystery award. It was a bit of a unicorn. I didn't really believe it existed.

#14452 4 years ago
Quoted from iohonnes:

After about 1500 games, I finally got "Light Extra Ball" as a mystery award. It was a bit of a unicorn. I didn't really believe it existed.

Ha, yeah. I've seen it twice in 15 months of play. My other rarity in this game is getting the second batpole sequence shot after failing the first attempt. I've done it 4 times.

#14453 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Remove the ball lock gate arm by loosening the set screw on the shaft and pulling the shaft out of the playfield (do this first!). Then you can remove the turntable by removing the 6 locknuts.
Be extremely careful with the opto assembly at the bottom of the unit. When you pull the big assembly out, I recommend removing the opto assembly (2 screws and a connector) so it doesn't get broken.
Rob

Well this was a good idea, in theory. The set screw is so tight it will budge. It is stripping the edges if my new allen wrench.

I see Another wasted email to Stern with very little attempt at help in my future.

#14454 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Finger most likely.

So the ball sitting (1mm) higher is not depressing the switch deep enough? Its too much work to remove those protectors for the test. I’ll take your word for it.
What adjustment needs to be made?

As per my instructions written in comments to you above. See photo how the switch needs to be angled enough to fully engage the switch when the ball rolls over. Also, make sure the end (closet to 3 arrow lights) of the shooter lane protector is taped down, so it doesn’t float up. Yes 1mm makes big difference on that switch engaging.
32637841-ABA5-435F-9EEA-D46E6C348913 (resized).jpeg32637841-ABA5-435F-9EEA-D46E6C348913 (resized).jpeg

#14455 4 years ago

I am running a end of summer sale with 20% off my website, so now it is the time to get that upgrades batwing side rails for your BM66 Premium, limited amount availalbe...

New Batman66 armor with bat wing side rails now $396.00 (with using your lockdown bar)
https://mipinballrefinery.com/store-to-order-upgrades#!/Custom-Powder-Coated-Armor-for-Batman-66-Premium/p/79623632/category=22592095

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery
20170211_141644 (resized).jpg20170211_141644 (resized).jpg20190715_112515 (resized).jpg20190715_112515 (resized).jpg

#14456 4 years ago

Is there a specific coupon code that needs to be entered? Site shows the non sale price...

#14457 4 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

Is there a specific coupon code that needs to be entered? Site shows the non sale price...

Sorry, my bad... Just put "20off" in the coupon area when you check out and the website will discount your total purchase

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

#14458 4 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

Thank you for your order and I send you a PM with more details on this.

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

#14459 4 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I am running a end of summer sale with 20% off my website, so now it is the time to get that upgrades batwing side rails for your BM66 Premium ...

Bought my BM66 Premium via Steve/Pinball Refinery including bat wing side rails and powder coating.

Excellent products, workmanship, and service!

#14460 4 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Thank you for your order and I send you a PM with more details on this.
Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

I can’t seem to access your site from work, do you only sell the trim as a full package?

#14461 4 years ago

Can anyone offer any advice on how the diverter works? I noticed that the multiball was never locking balls and when I investigated I found the rod from the diverter coil lying in the bottom of the cabinet attached to the mechanism that attaches to the diverter post. I have reattached and tightened this with an allen key. When the coil fires the diverter gate goes up (good news), but never comes back down again afterwards. Anyone got any clues as to how to get this working properly, I guess it should be pretty simple, but I'm missing something.

#14462 4 years ago

Looky what I got....

IMG_7568 (resized).JPGIMG_7568 (resized).JPG

#14463 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Looky what I got....

That is awesome, where did you find that popcorn machine....

#14464 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Looky what I got....
[quoted image]

Nice, do they have more and how much was it? If you dont mind me asking

#14465 4 years ago

So I had a little bit of time this past weekend, so I decided to remedy something which has been bugging me for some time; specifically, the backs of the Batcomputer and the Crime Analyzer lights. I always thought that the backs of those small LED boards looked somewhat exposed, and I was also slightly concerned that at some point, a flying ball just might hit it and cause all kinds of mayhem, however slight the possibility might be.

Here's what I came up with:DSC_0001 (resized).JPGDSC_0001 (resized).JPGDSC_0002 (resized).JPGDSC_0002 (resized).JPGDSC_0006 (resized).JPGDSC_0006 (resized).JPGDSC_0005 (resized).JPGDSC_0005 (resized).JPGDSC_0003 (resized).JPGDSC_0003 (resized).JPGDSC_0004 (resized).JPGDSC_0004 (resized).JPGDSC_0007 (resized).JPGDSC_0007 (resized).JPG

I cut some aluminum step flashing sheets that I had on my workbench to fit over the back and sides of the steel part to give it somewhat more of a clean finish and also to protect the LED board. I had to take apart a good portion of the upper part of the rotating playfield to get to the screws that hold the original part in place and attach my part, but I think it was worth it and it came out nice.

#14466 4 years ago

I think the mod couple has a 3D printed mod that addresses that...

#14467 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

So I had a little bit of time this past weekend, so I decided to remedy something which has been bugging me for some time; specifically, the backs of the Batcomputer and the Crime Analyzer lights. I always thought that the backs of those small LED boards looked somewhat exposed, and I was also slightly concerned that at some point, a flying ball just might hit it and cause all kinds of mayhem, however slight the possibility might be.
Here's what I came up with:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
I cut some aluminum step flashing sheets that I had on my workbench to fit over the back and sides of the steel part to give it somewhat more of a clean finish and also to protect the LED board. I had to take apart a good portion of the upper part of the rotating playfield to get to the screws that hold the original part in place and attach my part, but I think it was worth it and it came out nice.

Nice job! It looks much better than the Modcouple plastic covers (love their Atomic Pile, but the 3D printed computer back covers look cheap, imo), which I purchased and a flying ball smashed one of them. Metal, will not have any smashing and looks like the front and top which is also metal. Can you please send me dimensions, as I’d like to cut some as well?

Do you happen to have a pattern you could PM/email as well?

#14468 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Nice, do they have more and how much was it? If you dont mind me asking

Unfortunately, my understanding is there was only one. It was actually free.

There was someone selling one here, but I'm not sure if it sold or not. I'll see if I can dig up the link.

EDIT-> It's not marked as sold, just no longer for sale, so I'm assuming they still have it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/83955

#14469 4 years ago

I thought we had a code update incoming.....?

#14470 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Me too... with more Joker stuff and finally the "Villain Vision" doing what Stern promised to all of us

#14471 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Me too... with more Joker stuff and finally the "Villain Vision" doing what Stern promised to all of us

And more Penguin crane modes too please!

#14472 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

We do it was mentioned in the STOU letter. I'm fine waiting as we know Lyman will knock it out of the park with his coding skills

#14473 4 years ago

Maybe another Multiball that is easier to achieve. I have to admit for a very average player like me, hitting that right lane for the current mb, is not easy.

#14474 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Maybe another Multiball that is easier to achieve. I have to admit for a very average player like me, hitting that right lane for the current mb, is not easy.

Lower your left flipper 2 mils, or two dots (see dots at end of flipper on PF) and you’ll hit it with ease.

#14475 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Elvira is incoming

#14476 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Elvira is incoming

Exactly! We're going to need some patience for the BM66 code update, but it will be well worth it.

Rob

#14477 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Lower your left flipper 2 mils, or two dots (see dots at end of flipper on PF) and you’ll hit it with ease.

Thanks, I’ll try it!

#14478 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

How you do that....?

#14479 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

How you do that....?

Use an allen wrench to loosen the pinch bolt that's going sideways into the bracket around the shaft of the flipper just enough where you can move the flipper a bit. Get it aligned, then tighten it as much as you can. The bracket just squeezes the flipper shaft, there's not much going on. If you loosen the nut a lot and the flipper still won't budge, you may need to pry open the bracket a bit with a screwdriver. Make sure you use a spacer between the bat and flipper bushing to make sure you are getting the height set correctly. You don't want it too low that it could ever hit the playfield or too high that it's not hitting the ball properly. Cut 1/4" or so notch in an old credit card and use it as a temporary spacer until its tight.

#14480 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

The two shames are both muliballs the first time you play them

#14481 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Forgive me for asking, but what was promised in regards to the Villain Vision?

#14482 4 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Also interested in this^^ if anyone can shed some light on this.

#14483 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Also interested in this^^ if anyone can shed some light on this.

Basically interactive video clips of the Villains taunting the player.

#14484 4 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Nothing was ever promised.

George mentioned it at the Expo reveal that it was an example of something they could do to utilize the TV LCD. However that was before Lyman decided to re-architect the game play so we don’t know if the taunting was actually ever in plan or just never progressed past the idea stage.

#14485 4 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

For the past 2.5 years I’ve been waiting for something more special besides what we see right now in that screen, so, if Stern baptized that “Villain Vision" it was a promise in my POV to expect something related with the title...

D01A2B6F-F635-4DDF-8371-A919A75C51D3 (resized).jpegD01A2B6F-F635-4DDF-8371-A919A75C51D3 (resized).jpeg
#14486 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

For the past 2.5 years I’ve been waiting for something more special besides what we see right now in that screen, so, if Stern baptized that “Villain Vision" it was a promise in my POV to expect something related with the title...[quoted image]

I get your point. But no where does it say “taunt the player” or anything similar. You could easily argue that wording describes how the TV is used in the current code.

I’d like to see taunting and more use of the TV too but it’s unfair to say it was ever promised.

#14487 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I get your point. But no where does it say “taunt the player” or anything similar. You could easily argue that wording describes how the TV is used in the current code.
I’d like to see taunting and more use of the TV too but it’s unfair to say it was ever promised.

And I get your point too JFH...

About the fair/unfair, how are you going to believe in a flyer in the future if what it is mentioned there makes you have an illusion of something that you will expect to enjoy and never happens?... imagine let’s say that in SW you see the Death Star in the flyer and then for whatever reason Stern say that it was an idea and they change their minds and they put in that spot the asteroid that looks like a potato?...

As a customer I have to trust what I see in that flyer.

Cheers!

#14488 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

About the fair/unfair, how are you going to believe in a flyer in the future if what it is mentioned there makes you have an illusion of something that you will expect to enjoy and never happens?...

Brings to mind the asteroids on STLE

Flyers are just marketing fluff. But this wouldn’t be the first time Batman buyers were upset by the flyer. Although they have been corrected online the only flyers ever printed by Stern for the Premium and LE depicted the wrong/original art on the sides of the head (swapped between the models). Some liked the swap, some were disappointed.

#14489 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Brings to mind the asteroids on STLE
Flyers are just marketing fluff. But this wouldn’t be the first time Batman buyers were upset by the flyer. Although they have been corrected online the only flyers ever printed by Stern for the Premium and LE depicted the wrong/original art on the sides of the head (swapped between the models). Some liked the swap, some were disappointed.

Absolutely agree with you JFH about what happened with the art.... The difference is that the "Villain Vision" it can be a serious feature when the game is "ON", it can change the whole game, the potential is unique. But now, it seems unfair to have something in your game with that potential and it is basically useless.

At least that should be a spot just for showing “The Villains" to honor the name.

#14490 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

For the past 2.5 years I’ve been waiting for something more special besides what we see right now in that screen, so, if Stern baptized that “Villain Vision" it was a promise in my POV to expect something related with the title...[quoted image]

But, you have to remember the TV is usually facing away from the player during single ball play, making it a non-feature during that time. Maybe the TV could show shots remaining to light super jackpot during regular multiball.

Rob

#14491 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Here's what I came up with:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love this Scotty_K - good work, indeed. Any chance you'd make up some sets to sell for fellow owners? I think it's a good-looking solution.

#14492 4 years ago

Surprised no one else has said this but if the games rules have changed so much now that Villain vision cannot be implemented like Gomez originally intended then add it into the game like Lymans Lament!

Set it up the same as MB either a code in the shooter lane awarding no bonus or 66 (up from the 44 in MB) shots to the scoop for a big x bonus/multiplier, could and “should” also add Lyman to the lcd as a villain who comments on your gameplay (like he does on MB) along with the villains taunting you!!

#14493 4 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

Love this scotty_k - good work, indeed. Any chance you'd make up some sets to sell for fellow owners? I think it's a good-looking solution.

Glad you like what I did; it was a labor of love...lol!

Actually, I've had a couple of inquiries regarding this. I hadn't originally planned to make and sell these, but I suppose I could run off a couple of sets if there is enough interest. It may take a few days, however, as I do have a full-time gig and this would be a spare time project.

I'll sit down soon and figure out what needs to be done and what it might cost, and I'll get back to you.

#14494 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Actually, I've had a couple of inquiries regarding this. I hadn't originally planned to make and sell these, but I suppose I could run off a couple of sets if there is enough interest. It may take a few days, however, as I do have a full-time gig and this would be a spare time project.
I'll sit down soon and figure out what needs to be done and what it might cost, and I'll get back to you.

I would be in as well!!

#14495 4 years ago

Checked out the link that shows the 3 screws that you loosen to level the turntable. It's pretty easy but I can't seem to get the whole turntable level front/back/side while the playfield is lifted and I have access to the screws. Any tricks out there for the best way? I might just pull the playfield and put it on my rotisserie.

#14496 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I'll get on the interest list as well.

#14497 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I would like to be on that possible interest list as well.........

#14498 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I’m interested as well - looks great!

#14499 4 years ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

Checked out the link that shows the 3 screws that you loosen to level the turntable. It's pretty easy but I can't seem to get the whole turntable level front/back/side while the playfield is lifted and I have access to the screws. Any tricks out there for the best way? I might just pull the playfield and put it on my rotisserie.

Leave the screws a bit snug so you can still move it by hand, but it won't move itself. It's trial and error and make sure you test across all 3 rotating positions. The rule of thumb is EXACTLY level, or a hair lower. Even a slight amount above level is bad for airballs.

Rob

#14500 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I would be in as well!!

Quoted from TronGuy:

I'll get on the interest list as well.

Quoted from DeathHimself:

I would like to be on that possible interest list as well.........

Quoted from bajm:

I’m interested as well - looks great!

OK well it certainly looks like there is indeed interest.

I'm a bit swamped at work this week, and I have a wedding to go to on Saturday, so I should have some more info for those interested this coming Sunday.

Patience, grasshopper...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/290?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.