IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 287 of 374.
#14301 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

This might have been posted earlier. I noticed the ball scoop is getting a beating. Anyone address this with any mods? I also noticed its hard to find this part. In the manual, it's called the ball guide and spinner assembly.
Any ideas to keep the wear and tear to a minimum? Maybe some form a a decal or mylar?
Thanks.[quoted image]

You want Cliffys. http://www.passionforpinball.com/Batman-66-protectors.htm

#14302 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

This might have been posted earlier. I noticed the ball scoop is getting a beating. Anyone address this with any mods? I also noticed its hard to find this part. In the manual, it's called the ball guide and spinner assembly.
Any ideas to keep the wear and tear to a minimum? Maybe some form a a decal or mylar?
Thanks.[quoted image]

Cliffy's protectors are what you are looking for:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/Batman-66-protectors.htm

#14303 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Thanks.[quoted image]

Put a Cliffy on it.

#14304 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Put a Cliffy on it.

but if you put a playfield protector on it that one has to go....

#14305 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

but if you put a playfield protector on it that one has to go....

Yes, with a Playfield protector, I don't need cliffy. I wasn't referring to the edge of the drop hole. I was referring to the back of the metal where a ball strikes as it goes down the hole. Metal ball hitting metal plate puts a nice ding on the metal.

#14306 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Yes, with a Playfield protector, I don't need cliffy. I wasn't referring to the edge of the drop hole. I was referring to the back of the metal where a ball strikes as it goes down the hole. Metal ball hitting metal plate puts a nice ding on the metal.

It isn't getting beat up. That's just the crappy cut out of the hole. Unless I'm missing something in the pic. Mine was and is like that out of the box.

#14307 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I made a set of graphics for mine to help hide this very issue. I’ll post a pic in a few...

#14308 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I made a set of graphics for mine to help hide this very issue. I’ll post a pic in a few...

So here is the set I made... its a decal for the Left, Right and Back side of the scoop. vinyl printed decal with poly-carbonate overlay just like graphics on the apron. I actually added a purple scoop illumination to my machine and having that area lit up really highlighted the wear from the ball. I had to come up with something to cover it so it wasn't staring me in the face while I play.
BM66_Crane (resized).jpgBM66_Crane (resized).jpgPenguinCrane_2.0 (resized).jpgPenguinCrane_2.0 (resized).jpg

#14309 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

OK, here's something to avoid doing. I installed a Playfield protector and tried to hit the Playfield one last time with compressed air (in a can) to remove any stray dirt or lint. Seemed OK, but after a few days I noticed a little moisture under the protector. So, I carefully removed a few pieces and was able to lift protector enough to ensure fully dry before putting back down again. See the before and after picture for the difference. All is good now![quoted image][quoted image]

Are you sure it was moisture? Sometimes it just looks like moisture but it might just be an optical illusion that can occur when two perfectly flat surfaces are in contact. Next time you see it try taking a small piece of tissue and wipe that area under the protector. If there was moisture there you should see it in the tissue after you wipe. If not it might just be this optical effect.

#14310 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Are you sure it was moisture? Sometimes it just looks like moisture but it might just be an optical illusion that can occur when two perfectly flat surfaces are in contact. Next time you see it try taking a small piece of tissue and wipe that area under the protector. If there was moisture there you should see it in the tissue after you wipe. If not it might just be this optical effect.

↑ This ↑

#14311 4 years ago

I had some time on my hands this summer, so I decided to add some mods to my BM66. I really liked Docquest's projector and playfield Batsignal mods, so I decided to make my own using his posted DIY threads, as I really enjoy putting things together. I made some of my own minor variations on the theme, and I think they came out great; they really add a lot.
Bat signal mod 2 (resized).jpgBat signal mod 2 (resized).jpgBat signal mod 1 (resized).jpgBat signal mod 1 (resized).jpgBat signal pro 1 (resized).jpgBat signal pro 1 (resized).jpgBat signal projector (resized).jpgBat signal projector (resized).jpg

I also added Vireland's fan mod, also following his DIY posting. The OE fan didn't really bother me all that much, but I could see how others might feel differently, especially if you have multiple new Stern machines running at the same time; that might be annoying. I picked up a couple of the recommended fans when I was ordering electronic parts for the Docquest mods, and constructed a fan just for fun. I installed it, and I must say that the difference is astounding. Now you can barely hear the fan running when the game is on; I would very highly recommend this addition if the fan noise is too much for you.

Thanks to Doc and Vireland for their work on these and for posting and sharing the DIY threads with our community. A special shout out to Doc for his guidance to me with the projector.

#14312 4 years ago

So here is the set I made... its a decal for the Left, Right and Back side of the scoop. vinyl printed decal with poly-carbonate overlay just like graphics on the apron...

So just curious; where does one obtain that ploycarbonate overlay material?

#14313 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

So just curious; where does one obtain that ploycarbonate overlay material?

It’s a pretty common material in the vinyl sign world. My sign shop guy who prints all my art always has it. I’m sure 3M and Avery offer it but I’ve never personally bought any.

#14314 4 years ago

So here is the set I made... its a decal for the Left, Right and Back side of the scoop. vinyl printed decal with poly-carbonate overlay just like graphics on the apron. I actually added a purple scoop illumination to my machine and having that area lit up really highlighted the wear from the ball. I had to come up with something to cover it so it wasn't staring me in the face while I play.
[quoted image][quoted image]

that is cool!
sign me up for a set with your next run.

#14315 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

that is cool!

+1

#14316 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

that is cool!

I’d buy some too depending on price

#14317 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’d buy some too depending on price

I'm sure I can get them down to $10 shipped if you all are interested... could get them made during this week and ship by next if not sooner.

#14318 4 years ago

I'm sure I can get them down to $10 shipped if you all are interested... could get them made during this week and ship by next if not sooner.

sweet!

It was just a wishful thinking suggestion on my part.

sign me up

#14319 4 years ago

Me too and thank you!

#14320 4 years ago

I am in as well!!

#14321 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I am in as well!!

Sure thing!

Anyone who would like, just send me a pm and I’ll get you my PayPal info.

I’ll get a new batch printed this week.

#14322 4 years ago

I’m in also!

#14323 4 years ago

Sure thing!

PM on the way......

#14324 4 years ago

I’m in!

#14326 4 years ago

Sure thing!

I’m in too... are you able to ship to Canada please? Thank you.

#14327 4 years ago

anyone find the gate at the right of the top rollovers is really tight to the ball guide? It's got a open end on the top end.. but it still pretty much drags on the ball guide as I can't move the fixed end much. Anyone else experience this?

#14328 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I’m in too... are you able to ship to Canada please? Thank you.

Sure - just send me a PM (if you haven't already)

#14329 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:I'm sure I can get them down to $10 shipped if you all are interested... could get them made during this week and ship by next if not sooner.

I’ll take 1 too! Looks great.

#14330 4 years ago

Can any Catwoman owner tell me if you have installed a bat signal near the riddler scoop and plugged into the underneath open cable? Does it light for you?

I ask, because i don’t know if my bat signal I just purchased is defective or if a code update makes it not work on Catwoman. I would think it is defective. Please confirm if you have the extra grey toy LE/SLE bat signal working on your playfield.

#14331 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Can any Catwoman owner tell me if you have installed a bat signal near the riddler scoop and plugged into the underneath open cable? Does it light for you?
I ask, because i don’t know if my bat signal I just purchased is defective or if a code update makes it not work on Catwoman. I would think it is defective. Please confirm if you have the extra grey toy LE/SLE bat signal working on your playfield.

My Catwoman is 5/24/19 and the signal works fine for me. Got it from Docquest a couple weeks back and followed directions.

EDD3706D-EF20-4492-9798-8F58CCC4286D (resized).jpegEDD3706D-EF20-4492-9798-8F58CCC4286D (resized).jpeg
#14332 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I did, and yes it works. Though not in every mode. I thought it wasn’t working at first, but I sat and just watched the game for awhile and it kicked on. I would think going into test mode and testing all of the lights could do the job as well?

#14333 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I did, and yes it works. Though not in every mode. I thought it wasn’t working at first, but I sat and just watched the game for awhile and it kicked on. I would think going into test mode and testing all of the lights could do the job as well?

Mine is wired to come on every time the Batsignal in the sky background comes on. For example a kickout from the upper hole.....

#14334 4 years ago

The bat signal does work during certain times but not as we think such as to the bat poles or shoot for the bat signal prompt. I think this is something being addressed in the new code update. However when the game just ends it does work in attract mode so see if it is lighting up at that point.

#14335 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for your great club support! I’ve just sent the above photo to my mod company, as they worried there was a software issue. So now they will issue me a new one that works instead of a refund.

#14336 4 years ago

Just joined the club (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-batman-66-huo-w-mods).

One question: Has anyone adjusted the huge mech with the TV/Cave/etc. to be level with the PF? Mine is recessed a bit. Not really causing issues, but I'm concerned about the ball getting hung up.

Thanks for any help and sorry of this has already been discussed.

#14337 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just joined the club (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-batman-66-huo-w-mods).
One question: Has anyone adjusted the huge mech with the TV/Cave/etc. to be level with the PF? Mine is recessed a bit. Not really causing issues, but I'm concerned about the ball getting hung up.
Thanks for any help and sorry of this has already been discussed.

Yes, I have. There are 3 screws which can be loosened to adjust playfield level. Here's a picture showing one of them. Check level across all 3 positions, front and back using a ruler. If you slide the ruler flat onto the mini playfield and it catches at all, it's too high (airball city). Have the turntable in test mode, adjust a little at a time.

There is a chance your playfield may not be level across all 3 positions.

20190404_001837 (resized).jpg20190404_001837 (resized).jpg

#14338 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

So some of you have seen the issues I've had with my catwoman edition batman 66.
Gouge in my playfield near the penguin scoop, straight from the factory. The fucking upper swing gate screws fall out from under the playfield and the gate falls over and starts gouging a fucking ridge into my playfield every time it opens and closes. I finally realize this and mickey mouse their substandard craftmanship in that area and get that gate to quit destroying my playfield up top.
The entire time I have never had the right joker target working. It doesn't work to the touch with the glass off. The computer target doesn't work.
The super skill shot doesn't work. When I plunge the ball with the plunger (odd fucking concept huh?), 2 seconds later the auto launch attempts to kick a ball out (which obviously isn't there).
Everything tests fine in test mode.
edit: oh yeah
I play several games tonight, and the entire time (20 to 30 times), I hit the targets to hit bat phone. I get it up to 50 million as the reward for hitting the bat phone, only the fucking play field will not rotate to put the bat phone into a position to hit. About a 30 minute game and I never got a chance to hit the bat phone.

ok so Jason at classicgameroom has been working with Chas at Stern and they have agreed to send me a new mini spinning playfield. (deposit required of course). This should take care of the issues I have with the computer target and the joker target. Chas also is sending me a new switch for the ball lane where it sets at the beginning. Hopefully this takes care of the "playability" issues I have.

It does NOT, however take care of the play field issues I have mentioned.

IF the game becomes "playable" , I will probably be happy. I will report back.

#14339 4 years ago

I am installing mine now.... how did you "bend" that rail up to install the eject protector....?? mine does not want to budge...

Added over 5 years ago:

I live in France and I have tried this https://newifrancia.com/ instructions

#14340 4 years ago

I'm a relatively newbie owner looking for some help - I can't get a clean launch of the ball from the shooter. The ball rattles its way up the trough and rarely makes it to the skill shot lanes. This happens regardless of whether I manually pull the shooter rod or use the auto launch.

I'm guessing the rod isn't properly aligned, and is shooting the ball into the side of the trough. Any easy way to make an adjustment?

Many thanks in advance!

#14341 4 years ago

I have the same issue, but intermittently. If it is an auto launch, mine will take a couple of tries before it gives a good launch. I tightened up the mech under the playfield but still is not fully working.

#14342 4 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

For those that wanted a decal, they are all shipping out tomorrow. I only did a batch of 30 and they are all spoken for. May do another batch in the future if needed.

#14343 4 years ago

Quick question - I got my game as a show demo deal, it was NIB but was played ~400 times at the show before I received it. As I'm a player not a collector overall this was OK for me based on the savings and it's got it's fair share of dimples on it now, which don't have any impact on play. I was wondering though if it's worth putting a playfield protector down after the fact to prevent additional wear? Will the playfield protector look strange with dimples under it or will they not be that noticable?

#14344 4 years ago
Quoted from JLay:

Quick question - I got my game as a show demo deal, it was NIB but was played ~400 times at the show before I received it. As I'm a player not a collector overall this was OK for me based on the savings and it's got it's fair share of dimples on it now, which don't have any impact on play. I was wondering though if it's worth putting a playfield protector down after the fact to prevent additional wear? Will the playfield protector look strange with dimples under it or will they not be that noticable?

The protector will be $100+ and an hour of your time.

It will add a little shine/gloss so the dimples may be more noticeable.

I put one on my game after about 10 plays. Very happy I did.

#14345 4 years ago
Quoted from JLay:

I say leave it alone and enjoy it. Play it lots so the dimples even out.

Rob

#14346 4 years ago

Installing a playfield protector is a great way to get some general experience on what makes a pinball machine tick. Lots of good hands-on wrenching. It'll teach the value of taking pictures before you start taking things apart as well as just good general troubleshooting and assembly experience. Go for it!

#14347 4 years ago
Quoted from JLay:

... I got my game as a show demo deal, it was NIB but was played ~400 times at the show before I received it. ... and it's got it's fair share of dimples on it now ...

Too late - you're screwed.

Just kidding of course. I put a playfield protector on my first modern (i.e. more expensive) game and in retrospect, it was not worth the cost and effort. Enjoy your game and don't worry about playfield dimpling!

#14348 4 years ago

Catwoman Julie Newmar releases new portrait for her 86th birthday

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/catwoman-julie-newmar-birthday-portrait

#14349 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Too late - you're screwed.
Just kidding of course. I put a playfield protector on my first modern (i.e. more expensive) game and in retrospect, it was not worth the cost and effort. Enjoy your game and don't worry about playfield dimpling!

Exactly, it will never see the abuse of a routed unmaintained machine.

However, yes to adding Cliffy's

#14350 4 years ago

What are your thoughts on a shaker motor for this game? For the people that have one, what points in the game is it activated?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 287 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/287?hl=izzy24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.