IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 286 of 374.
#14251 4 years ago

Installed the art blades. Best $80 spent to tie in playfield to sides.

16D5730A-6DF2-4CDC-B8AB-34F26C7F8506 (resized).jpeg16D5730A-6DF2-4CDC-B8AB-34F26C7F8506 (resized).jpeg17256ED6-D94F-4D6A-8AC4-917E61FA3C28 (resized).jpeg17256ED6-D94F-4D6A-8AC4-917E61FA3C28 (resized).jpeg3DFA9A9A-5BE0-487B-B89B-F865B342047D (resized).jpeg3DFA9A9A-5BE0-487B-B89B-F865B342047D (resized).jpeg4D067F74-C350-4223-94F3-508486778E41 (resized).jpeg4D067F74-C350-4223-94F3-508486778E41 (resized).jpeg56C8872E-E1FE-47C9-BBE2-0631F519934C (resized).jpeg56C8872E-E1FE-47C9-BBE2-0631F519934C (resized).jpeg826B76AF-01A7-4436-BD36-F9C43AEBB9F7 (resized).jpeg826B76AF-01A7-4436-BD36-F9C43AEBB9F7 (resized).jpeg84FDD6D2-CA6B-4171-9F3D-11E750D0145A (resized).jpeg84FDD6D2-CA6B-4171-9F3D-11E750D0145A (resized).jpegBA92DC12-FA51-44E8-9220-168F769DE3A8 (resized).jpegBA92DC12-FA51-44E8-9220-168F769DE3A8 (resized).jpegE2FF6F22-C899-45F2-8CA4-F81C249A6F47 (resized).jpegE2FF6F22-C899-45F2-8CA4-F81C249A6F47 (resized).jpegE5C995A8-0C40-4BC1-B545-1CBB7514C8EC (resized).jpegE5C995A8-0C40-4BC1-B545-1CBB7514C8EC (resized).jpeg
#14252 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Installed the art blades. Best $80 spent to tie in playfield to sides.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great pics and the best advertisement for these blades yet! Are they repositionable during install? I was surprised to see Stern ships these rolled up in a box and not flat.

#14253 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Great pics and the best advertisement for these blades yet! Are they repositionable during install? I was surprised to see Stern ships these rolled up in a box and not flat.

I laid them out on the table overnight.... nice and flat. Easy install....used wet method with playfield in...no problem

#14254 4 years ago

When Bookworm mode starts, he says "Bookworm to...".

Is it Princess Devil???

My 4 year old and I swear that's what we hear haha!

#14255 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

When Bookworm mode starts, he says "Bookworm to...".
Is it Princess Devil???
My 4 year old and I swear that's what we hear haha!

Close, he says “bookworm to printer’s devil”. Printers devil was one of his henchman and it was the episode where he shot commissioner Gordon.

#14256 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Close, he says “bookworm to printer’s devil”. Printers devil was one of his henchman and it was the episode where he shot commissioner Gordon.

I'm going to have to find that episode.

Watching the BM66 movie right now with my son

#14257 4 years ago

off topic, but anyone interested in the Stern Translight LED Displays? (the ones for modern translite size like BM66) .. I have two brand new that I was going to display but decided not to hang up. They are usually $99 each but was thinking $75 each for display (free shipping) AND if you want a new BM66 translite to go in one, I have and extra I can sell for good price.

#14258 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I'm going to have to find that episode.
Watching the BM66 movie right now with my son

It’s Season 1 episode 29 - The Bookworm Turns

#14259 4 years ago

I used wet method and installed the same day I received. They are so thick, it’s very easy to reposition. I installed with playfield in.

#14260 4 years ago

I think next time I will try the "wet" method. I just peeled and stuck them on. They look awesome but it took much longer than it probably should have.

#14261 4 years ago

I think next time I will try the "wet" method. I just peeled and stuck them on. They look awesome but it took much longer than it probably should have.

With the wet method, it took about 2 or 3 minutes to do each side.

#14262 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

With the wet method, it took about 2 or 3 minutes to do each side.

+1 on the wet method. I've done a bunch of games for people this way and it's easy while also being forgiving. RapidTac is my preferred solution.

#14263 4 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

+1 on the wet method. I've done a bunch of games for people this way and it's easy while also being forgiving. RapidTac is my preferred solution.

few drops of Dawn and water worked great

#14264 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:I think next time I will try the "wet" method. I just peeled and stuck them on. They look awesome but it took much longer than it probably should have.

I probably have installed about 50 sets of game blades. I use a water bottle, a little bit of Dish Detergent , shake the bottle , spray onto the game blade and install. I have created a video which is on YouTube showing the process. I am sure the video is on this thread somewhere. The video is on my Pinball Supernova video channel. The wet method gives some leeway on lifting and repositioning.

#14265 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

All those other things are good, but if you plan on keeping the game you will regret not having the AP mod.

Well I caved....ordered!

#14266 4 years ago

Had a great game last night and got to Villain Escape twice! First time I have played all 8 major modes in one game. I did take the quick collect for each, but it was still cool to go through them all. No minor villain wizard modes though. I cruised through Bookworm, but couldn't pull any of the others together. Not sure what happened with Egghead season 2. I started it right before going into Villain Escape. Had the (abnoxious) egg breaking (?is that what that is?) Batmobile sound effects going through that whole mode, and was still in it after, but couldn't see anything lit. It eventually timed out, but I have no idea what it wanted me to do that I hadn't already done. Oh well. Was still a great game.

Man...I do not know what people are talking about when they call the game clunky. Maybe I am just lucky, but my shots flow great, and can combo all day if I am on. I still love how the ramps feel, and the right orbit can be looped over and over at crazy speeds. Yeah...the left orbit isn't always the smoothest, but even that isn't bad at all if hit clean. I have zero complaints about how this machine shoots.

#14267 4 years ago

My new "Shooter Rod" came in...
IMG_3838 (resized).JPGIMG_3838 (resized).JPG

Seriously though... who thought this was a good idea?

#14268 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

My new "Shooter Rod" came in...
[quoted image]
Seriously though... who thought this was a good idea?

I don't know what to say about that.....

#14269 4 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14270 4 years ago

How much do I love my Batman 66, I'm a collector and like very detailed games. I think this is Sterns most amazing art package and with the help of The Mod Couple you can really detail this game up pretty good. I put this pretty bad ass powder coat on my game. I wanted to say you can go to Ebay and buy Topps cards signed by Adam West to make your game essentially an LE!

Does anyone know of any other mods coming out for this game specially a topper?

IMG_4844 (resized).jpgIMG_4844 (resized).jpgIMG_4845 (resized).jpgIMG_4845 (resized).jpgIMG_4846 (resized).jpgIMG_4846 (resized).jpgIMG_4847 (resized).jpgIMG_4847 (resized).jpgIMG_4848 (resized).jpgIMG_4848 (resized).jpgIMG_4865 (resized).jpgIMG_4865 (resized).jpg
#14271 4 years ago

Sterns topper is out of production and almost sold out everywhere. Again, why they continue to make more games without more toppers is beyond me.

On a side note, since installing the new art blades on my BM66 it gave me the inspiration to put blades on my other game. Has anyone noticed that all the aftermarket makers don't put the hinge bolt cutouts on their blades? Why would I want to cover a bolt that should be accessible? I know it looks better covered but really? Kinda frustrating.

#14272 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I wanted to say you can go to Ebay and buy Topps cards signed by Adam West to make your game essentially an LE!

Sweet looking BM! I believe a good number of Premiums came with the signed card.. as for the LE I love the cabinet art and the LE/SLE topper!

#14273 4 years ago

Figured I would throw this out there again. If anyone with an Adam West autographed card would be interested in selling (for a realistic price), please let me know. I also have a large set of Topps cards, so I can trade any one of your choosing so you are not without a card in your game.

Similarly if anyone has a signed flyer (from the launch party?), please let me know.

#14274 4 years ago

Sterns topper is out of production and almost sold out everywhere. Again, why they continue to make more games without more toppers is beyond me.
On a side note, since installing the new art blades on my BM66 it gave me the inspiration to put blades on my other game. Has anyone noticed that all the aftermarket makers don't put the hinge bolt cutouts on their blades? Why would I want to cover a bolt that should be accessible. I know it looks better covered but really? Kinda frustrating.

What frustrates me the most about the after market art blade makers is how more often than not their art style or design in general doesn’t blend very well with the factory art.

Deadpool is easily one of the worst offenders with one art blade maker using images from the movies for their art blades

Stern have done a great job with most of their art blades with one or two exceptions.

#14275 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What frustrates me the most about the after market art blade makers is how more often than not their art style or design in general doesn’t blend very well with the factory art.
Deadpool is easily one of the worst offenders with one art blade maker using images from the movies for their art blades
Stern have done a great job with most of their art blades with one or two exceptions.

I agree for the most part, but I think the Tilt Graphics Deadpool blades are one of the best I've seen. Matches in with the game well, and looks like they should have come from the factory. I like them way better than Sterns LE blades. I hadn't thought much about art blades until I bought a DP with these on, and now I want them on everything! You are right though...Stern usually has the best for the machines they have made them for.

#14276 4 years ago

nce installing the new art blades on my BM66 it gave me the inspiration to put blades on my other game.

You want to know how crazy I am... my Batman 66 I bought two different sets of sideblade art because I couldn't make up my mind. I used one on the left and a different one on the right. LOL Now I see even more came out OMG I'm so tempted.

Quoted from Concretehardt:

LE I love the cabinet art and the LE/SLE topper!

Someone needs to make those damn toppers... I'd consider giving a right nut for one! I think we can all agree the best topper in HISTORY is the Batman 66, no question its the best the GOAT!

How do you find one?

#14277 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Someone needs to make those damn toppers... I'd consider giving a right nut for one! I think we can all agree the best topper in HISTORY is the Batman 66, no question its the best the GOAT!
How do you find one?

I will sell you my LE topper... but it comes with a game and im asking 12k for it.

#14278 4 years ago

Just to add to the coin door interlock mystery, my BM66 Catwoman with a build date of May 30, 2019 does not have the interlock. I guess some do and some don’t...no rhyme or reason???

#14279 4 years ago

On a side note, since installing the new art blades on my BM66 it gave me the inspiration to put blades on my other game. Has anyone noticed that all the aftermarket makers don't put the hinge bolt cutouts on their blades? Why would I want to cover a bolt that should be accessible? I know it looks better covered but really? Kinda frustrating.

Thundergod, I thought the same thing meaning that I do not like to cover the head bolt because I may need access. I remove the bolt, install the blades then with my thumb make an indentation of the hole so i know the size and location of the area. Then I take an x-acto knife and either cut around the circle as one piece or start in the middle of the hole and cut slices from end to end in the circle making a pie so the pieces can be folded back into the hole. I do this with the bolt removed then install the bolt again after cutting my hole. Sometimes its easier not to have the hole initially because it lets me pick the location to cut the hole in case the blades do not fit perfectly from factory.

#14280 4 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Thundergod, I thought the same thing meaning that I do not like to cover the head bolt because I may need access. I remove the bolt, install the blades then with my thumb make an indentation of the hole so i know the size and location of the area. Then I take an x-acto knife and either cut around the circle as one piece or start in the middle of the hole and cut slices from end to end in the circle making a pie so the pieces can be folded back into the hole. I do this with the bolt removed then install the bolt again after cutting my hole. Sometimes its easier not to have the hole initially because it lets me pick the location to cut the hole in case the blades do not fit perfectly from factory.

I've thought of this but I'm eyeing some mirror blades and I guess I'd have to pre drill some holes. They're expensive and not sure I want to risk ruining them.

#14281 4 years ago

I've thought of this but I'm eyeing some mirror blades and I guess I'd have to pre drill some holes. They're expensive and not sure I want to risk ruining them.

I haven't put mirror blades on my Stern games, but did on Attack from Mars Remake. That set had the holes pre-cut for the bolts. I bought them from Cointaker.

#14282 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I haven't put mirror blades on my Stern games, but did on Attack from Mars Remake. That set had the holes pre-cut for the bolts. I bought them from Cointaker.

Looks like they only have the gold blades currently

#14283 4 years ago

I have mirror blades on my BM66 they look awesome as well a brighten up the machine.

#14285 4 years ago

Looking for mirror blades for a different machine. My BM66 is already looking good with the crime fighter ones

#14286 4 years ago

I can’t think of a reason you would need to access those bolts. The only blades that I know of that have bolt holes are the ones with the “nut” is actually on the inside of the cabinet. Since stern is recessed it looks much better without the hole. And if for some reason you need access, just take the three tiny screws out of the blade and remove it. Mine look great in BM66

#14287 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Not sure what happened with Egghead season 2. I started it right before going into Villain Escape. Had the (abnoxious) egg breaking (?is that what that is?) Batmobile sound effects going through that whole mode, and was still in it after, but couldn't see anything lit. It eventually timed out, but I have no idea what it wanted me to do that I hadn't already done

Egghead Season 2 is a quick one-shot mode completion. Make sure that you have a gadget saved up, once Egghead Season 2 mode begins and the ball is spit out of the saucer, hit the gadget button on the lockdown bar, and it should light a single shot for you to hit and arrest the dastardly villain.

#14288 4 years ago

So some of you have seen the issues I've had with my catwoman edition batman 66.
Gouge in my playfield near the penguin scoop, straight from the factory. The fucking upper swing gate screws fall out from under the playfield and the gate falls over and starts gouging a fucking ridge into my playfield every time it opens and closes. I finally realize this and mickey mouse their substandard craftmanship in that area and get that gate to quit destroying my playfield up top.
The entire time I have never had the right joker target working. It doesn't work to the touch with the glass off. The computer target doesn't work.

The super skill shot doesn't work. When I plunge the ball with the plunger (odd fucking concept huh?), 2 seconds later the auto launch attempts to kick a ball out (which obviously isn't there).
Everything tests fine in test mode.

edit: oh yeah

I play several games tonight, and the entire time (20 to 30 times), I hit the targets to hit bat phone. I get it up to 50 million as the reward for hitting the bat phone, only the fucking play field will not rotate to put the bat phone into a position to hit. About a 30 minute game and I never got a chance to hit the bat phone.

#14289 4 years ago

I grew up with BM on our B/W TV This is an amazing community with 14k post in just a couple of years. When we finally got our color TV it was something else, sadly even though it said it was in color the hand me down B/W tv that was moved to our bedroom didn't display color even though they said it was in color. My dad had to explain it to me. The show is in color...on our new tv set. DOH.

Must be a good pin.

Cheers,
Mike

#14290 4 years ago

Mike,

I grew up on Batman 66 also. B & W for the first season then we got a color TV, I was allowed to watch it each week in color from then on, good memories. I have the pin and it is amazing, almost as much fun as re watching when the Blu ray came out.

#14291 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

So some of you have seen the issues I've had with my catwoman edition batman 66.
Gouge in my playfield near the penguin scoop, straight from the factory. The fucking upper swing gate screws fall out from under the playfield and the gate falls over and starts gouging a fucking ridge into my playfield every time it opens and closes. I finally realize this and mickey mouse their substandard craftmanship in that area and get that gate to quit destroying my playfield up top.
The entire time I have never had the right joker target working. It doesn't work to the touch with the glass off. The computer target doesn't work.
The super skill shot doesn't work. When I plunge the ball with the plunger (odd fucking concept huh?), 2 seconds later the auto launch attempts to kick a ball out (which obviously isn't there).
I play several games tonight, and the entire time (20 to 30 times), I hit the targets to hit bat phone. I get it up to 50 million as the reward for hitting the bat phone, only the fucking play field will not rotate to put the bat phone into a position to hit. About a 30 minute game and I never got a chance to hit the bat phone.

That's really rough, have you talked to the distributor about it? Any one of those issues is bad enough but all of them together would make me re-think buying another NIB Stern. I hope Stern and/or the distributor can make it right for you.

#14292 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Too many problems for a NIB game. Agree with reaching out to your distributor. Someone needs to take care of this for you.

#14293 4 years ago

Too many problems for a NIB game. Agree with reaching out to your distributor. Someone needs to take care of this for you.

BM66 was my first NIB pin. I was surprised how quality assurance was less than perfect. I had several items not installed correctly or were too loose:
- Atomic pile was just laying on the playfield. I had to install it. Not hard, just surprising it wasn't installed.
- VUK switch got stuck after 20 games. No big deal, but I had to "unstuck" the switch and since then working smoothly.
- Batcave mobile spinning disk thingy (technical term) came loose and washer just came off. I had to install and tighten better. Again, no big deal, but clearly was not installed properly.
- Light bulb under one inlane cover came loose. I had to get into tight space to take off inlane cover and put bulb back in properly.

So, nothing above major, just surprising I had to make so many adjustments within the first 50 games. It's now set up great and it is my favorite pin I have ever owned except for maybe Dialed In.

So, even with the minor issues, I'm still extremely happy with the purchase.

#14294 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Boy sorry you are having so many issues. Mine has been flawless... but your language could sure use some help....

#14295 4 years ago

Not sure if this been mentioned in here, but does anyone else have trouble seeing the right orbit arrow when it's lit because the crane in it's home position is blocking the view? All the time, I'm like 'Why hasn't this mode ended? Oh yeah, that insert's probably lit'. Might just be the way I stand when I play.

I've thought about rigging something to see it on the wire form that's above it, just not sure what.

#14296 4 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

Not sure if this been mentioned in here, but does anyone else have trouble seeing the right orbit arrow when it's lit because the crane in it's home position is blocking the view? All the time, I'm like 'Why hasn't this mode ended? Oh yeah, that insert's probably lit'. Might just be the way I stand when I play.
I've thought about rigging something to see it on the wire form that's above it, just not sure what.

You need to be shorter. I can generally see mine.

#14297 4 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

Yes, I've experienced this also, especially when I first got the pin. Alas, that is a design issue. It might have been better if they had positioned the arrow a bit further up that right lane, so that the crane wouldn't block it.

BTW, if anyone is interested, Batman is currently streaming for free on the Roku Channel. If you have a Roku streaming device, just add the Roku Channel app and you can watch the entire Batman series whenever you like.

#14298 4 years ago

OK, here's something to avoid doing. I installed a Playfield protector and tried to hit the Playfield one last time with compressed air (in a can) to remove any stray dirt or lint. Seemed OK, but after a few days I noticed a little moisture under the protector. So, I carefully removed a few pieces and was able to lift protector enough to ensure fully dry before putting back down again. See the before and after picture for the difference. All is good now!

IMG_0804 (resized).jpegIMG_0804 (resized).jpegIMG_0827 (resized).jpegIMG_0827 (resized).jpeg
#14299 4 years ago

OK, some new pictures to highlight the key changes to Playfield. I added the Stern side blades and the Playfield protector. The Playfield protector was ordered direct from the guys in Germany. I'm not sure the one in U.S. is the same or as good. The Germany one is thinner and more glossy.

So, a recap on everything I've done to date:
- Stern side blades
- Playfield Protector
- Flipper Fidelity Speakers
- External volume control

IMG_0824 (resized).jpegIMG_0824 (resized).jpegIMG_0827 (resized).jpegIMG_0827 (resized).jpegIMG_0830 (resized).jpegIMG_0830 (resized).jpegIMG_0831 (resized).jpegIMG_0831 (resized).jpegIMG_0832 (resized).jpegIMG_0832 (resized).jpegIMG_0837 (resized).jpegIMG_0837 (resized).jpegIMG_0840 (resized).jpegIMG_0840 (resized).jpegIMG_0849 (resized).jpegIMG_0849 (resized).jpeg
#14300 4 years ago

This might have been posted earlier. I noticed the ball scoop is getting a beating. Anyone address this with any mods? I also noticed its hard to find this part. In the manual, it's called the ball guide and spinner assembly.

Any ideas to keep the wear and tear to a minimum? Maybe some form a a decal or mylar?

Thanks.

IMG_0785 (resized).jpegIMG_0785 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.99
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 286 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/286 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.