IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 285 of 374.
#14201 4 years ago

I joined the club last weekend. I'm finding that I like this game A LOT more than I thought I would. However, it has some major airballs off the turntable targets. To the point where the magnet barely ever catches the ball because it's sailing through the air. I'm pretty sure a big reason for that is because my turntable is a little higher than the playfield.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for leveling this thing?

#14202 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I joined the club last weekend. I'm finding that I like this game A LOT more than I thought I would. However, it has some major airballs off the turntable targets. To the point where the magnet barely ever catches the ball because it's sailing through the air. I'm pretty sure a big reason for that is because my turntable is a little higher than the playfield.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/33#post-3603697

#14203 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Just installed mine. Just rotate the zip ties and wires up and out of the way...mount the crane...and rotate them back flush... make sense?

think so! thanks.

#14204 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I just loosen the screws that mounts the front part of the turn table from the underside ( the side towards the flippers and action area, not the rear so with the PF up it's the top two mount brackets) and dropped a washer or two between the playfield and mounting bracket on the screws. That lowered the disc just about even with the PF and airballs are no longer an issue.

#14205 4 years ago

Hey Guys, I love this machine and have been following this thread since I got it in February. Today I notice I have a different start button then all of you, at least in all the pics posted here. Mine is not flush mounted. Did they run out the day they made mine? What kind do I have? Should I change it?

20190730_163543[1] (resized).jpg20190730_163543[1] (resized).jpg
#14206 4 years ago
Quoted from RobW:

Hey Guys, I love this machine and have been following this thread since I got it in February. Today I notice I have a different start button then all of you, at least in all the pics posted here. Mine is not flush mounted. Did they run out the day they made mine? What kind do I have? Should I change it?[quoted image]

Did you buy it NiB?

#14207 4 years ago
Quoted from RobW:

Hey Guys, I love this machine and have been following this thread since I got it in February. Today I notice I have a different start button then all of you, at least in all the pics posted here. Mine is not flush mounted. Did they run out the day they made mine? What kind do I have? Should I change it?[quoted image]

That start button is definitely smaller than it's supposed to be. The proper sized button covers the entire hole. That little notch in the wood at the top of the hole is for a bump in the correct button that keeps it from rotating.

If the game came from the factory like that I'd definitely call your distributer or Stern to get a replacement. Heres a pic showing the proper size button (Note: the Batman TV show logo is something I made, the factory Stern Buttons says "start" on it).

309eb31b0e51ccf5618218a93be4ad50d827873f (resized).jpg309eb31b0e51ccf5618218a93be4ad50d827873f (resized).jpg
#14208 4 years ago

Just joined the club today, amazing so far. Wife played 2 games and said it's a keeper. It kind of makes up for my first JJP NIB Wonka experience, which isn't going well. Stern and CGC is where it's at.

20190730_134326 (resized).jpg20190730_134326 (resized).jpg
#14209 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That start button is definitely smaller than it's supposed to be. The proper sized button covers the entire hole. That little notch in the wood at the top of the hole is for a bump in the correct button that keeps it from rotating.
If the game came from the factory like that I'd definitely call your distributer or Stern to get a replacement. Heres a pic showing the proper size button (Note: the Batman TV show logo is something I made, the factory Stern Buttons says "start" on it).[quoted image]

This is the one on my Catwoman edition....guess I should call as well...

button (resized).JPGbutton (resized).JPG
#14210 4 years ago

My catwoman doesn't have that notch, but looks like the same button. Can you loosen it and push it up?

20190730_194419 (resized).jpg20190730_194419 (resized).jpg
#14211 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

My catwoman doesn't have that notch, but looks like the same button. Can you loosen it and push it up?[quoted image]

I will try.... not that big a deal for me...whats the blank below for???

#14212 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

On my other Sterns I put an external volume control switch there.

#14213 4 years ago

Pinball Life sells a really nice blue Start button. Much better than the stock one.

Screenshot_20190730-220209_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190730-220209_Chrome (resized).jpg
#14214 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Just joined the club today, amazing so far. Wife played 2 games and said it's a keeper. It kind of makes up for my first JJP NIB Wonka experience, which isn't going well. Stern and CGC is where it's at.[quoted image]

Congrats (and you are correct, btw)....excellent Vikings photo beside it!!!!...enjoy...great game!!!

#14215 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

You have the right button, the hole just has some slop to it. If you losen the plastic nut behind it you should be able to bias it up and cover the notch.

The hole below the start button is where you could install a tournament mode button. As mentioned in the other post it's a convenient place to out an external volume control.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-100-0062-00
pin-vol_02-1 (resized).jpgpin-vol_02-1 (resized).jpg

Some people have put an external USB input port there to make firmware updates easier.

https://pin-port.com/stern-external-buy-now
pinport (resized).jpgpinport (resized).jpg

#14216 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You have the right button, the hole just has some slop to it. If you losen the plastic nut behind it you should be able to bias it up and cover the notch.
The hole below the start button is where you could install a tournament mode button. As mentioned in the other post it's a convenient place to out an external volume control.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-100-0062-00
[quoted image]
Some people have put an external USB input port there to make firmware updates easier.
https://pin-port.com/stern-external-buy-now
[quoted image]

The external volume button is far more useful. Put that in and run a USB extension cable from the CPU to the coin door.

#14217 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The external volume button is far more useful. Put that in and run a USB extension cable from the CPU to the coin door.

The external volume control costs $30 but for just $20 more you can get the spike2 headphone jack plate which also gives you external volume control along with the headphone jack.

Headphones on Batman66 sound great!

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-assembly.html

8400f819b881cf5a43cfd3837f3eda927fe0151e (resized).jpg8400f819b881cf5a43cfd3837f3eda927fe0151e (resized).jpg
#14218 4 years ago

New owner here, got my Premium as a new show game deal thru Marco at Cal Extreme. Left the show with 447 games on it and no major issues other than dimples and greasy glass (maybe you played it in the Marco area while you were there?). Stoked to have this machine at home as my first and only pin. Was the only one I could convince the GF to be OK with, and who knew playing pinball in your undies drinking coffee at 6am would be so therapeutic?

Had just a few questions for you BM66 veterans:

-My premium came with a signed Adam West card, I thought that only the LEs came with those, did they have extra and are now just throwing them all on there?

-The piece of pipe / wire routing that is under the playfield is just dangling and not attached to anything (zip ties are just hangin out). Any details on where that should be attached under the playfield? Can't seem to find any detailed image...

-I'll have to deal with the misaligned crane ball on return soon as mine is pretty far off and traps the ball when in the first position. Thanks for those who posted the info here. Tried the timing adjustment in the settings with no improvements so going to have to fiddle w/ the opto flag.

-Is there any shame in moving the outlane bumpers to the easiest position? Where do you guys keep yours? If I move them forward will I ever be able to bring myself to move them back?

-Getting tons of airballs off the ramp rubber bumpers (mine are blue). Is this the norm? The one I play often on locations doesn't seem to have that much of an issue...

-Why does it take so long to kick out the ball for the 2nd batcave shot up the left orbit? Is there a way to reduce that delay other than flipping both flippers? I looked in the setting but didn't seem to find anything...

Next up is installing the PBL headphone jack as I am contractually obligated to do so by my GF... Also Cliffys are on their way.

#14219 4 years ago

Did you reset the machine after making the Penguin motor lag adjustment?

#14220 4 years ago
Quoted from JLay:

-The piece of pipe / wire routing that is under the playfield is just dangling and not attached to anything (zip ties are just hangin out). Any details on where that should be attached under the playfield? Can't seem to find any detailed image...

My "Bat-Tube" was also loose and dangling upon delivery but I was able to put it back on the metal brackets and slide the original zip ties back in place. Here is what it should look like.
IMG_3451 (resized).jpgIMG_3451 (resized).jpg

#14221 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

My "Bat-Tube" was also loose and dangling upon delivery but I was able to put it back on the metal brackets and slide the original zip ties back in place. Here is what it should look like.
[quoted image]

Ha, they’ve started labeling that cable tube. That’s cool.

#14222 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ha, they’ve started labeling that cable tube. That’s cool.

yeah, my previous BM66 did not have... honestly the decal doesn't stick very well to the smooth PVC but a cool little bonus detail that they definitely did not have to add.

#14223 4 years ago

Also - on boot my machine shows v1.04.0, but I thought the latest was 1.03. Maybe it's a factory test code or something? Mfg date is June 27 2019, I didnt set it up as it was a show game and have not manually updated...
20190731_195419 (resized).jpg20190731_195419 (resized).jpg

#14224 4 years ago
Quoted from JLay:

Also - on boot my machine shows v1.04.0, but I thought the latest was 1.03. Maybe it's a factory test code or something? Mfg date is June 27 2019, I didnt set it up as it was a show game and have not manually updated...
[quoted image]

Mine was June 25th 2019 and has 1.03, this would be interesting to find out any differences

#14225 4 years ago
Quoted from JLay:

[quoted image]

That's very interesting, I guess we can assume that 1.04 will be released soon.

#14226 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

That's very interesting, I guess we can assume that 1.04 will be released soon.

We saw 1.04 at California Extreme. I was told it was mostly around adding the coin door interlock (high voltage turn off) feature for new machines that support it, but who knows what else it had going on.

#14227 4 years ago

I think that it is time for the "Villain Vision" to start showing The Villains in our next code update

#14228 4 years ago

So, update on my recent addition of BM66 and questions for the community:

1. Had my BM66 for about a week now. Playing almost every day since and for the first time today, played a different pin (DI).
2. First thing I did was install playfield protector. As everyone knows, lots of air balls and the playfield takes a beating . All the more reason for the protector.
3. Installed shaker. Love it. I think the code uses the shaker just enough, but doesn't over do it. I think it adds to the game experience.
4. Installed flipper fidelity speakers. Not sure I see a huge difference in overall sound. The manufacturer suggests cranking up volume, but I was hoping for a more rounded experience even with lower volume. Compared to my Dialed In, it's not as good of a sound package. DI has more "stereo" sound. I have not tried to tweak code settings for audio, so maybe that might help. Any suggestions or is this about right from everyone else's experience?
5. I have Stern blades coming Saturday. That's the only major "artistic" mod I've done to date. I'm not too interested in "pimping." I do have a free spotlight coming, so I will add that too.
6. I'm on the fence of getting pin stadium lights. I think they are great, just don't know if I want to add another $280 to the overall cost.
7. Has anyone used any of the shooter/eject protectors? Worth it? What do you recommend?

I don't see BM66 leaving anytime soon. Like many have said, great code, great theme integration, and great pin in any line up.

Thanks,
Stan

#14229 4 years ago

Regarding the Flipper Fidelity speakers you Need to tinker with the settings in the menu. It will make a HUGE difference in sound.

Pin Stadiums are nice but I dont like how they reflect off the metal ramps. Plus my room lighting doesnt really require them. But I can see how some people cant play without them. Theres many lighting effects you can have.

I have a shooter eject protector on my KISS but not on my BM66. I just put some clear mylar down. Plus you can lower the trough eject power so the ball doesnt slam into the shooter lane.

#14230 4 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

We saw 1.04 at California Extreme. I was told it was mostly around adding the coin door interlock (high voltage turn off) feature for new machines that support it, but who knows what else it had going on.

My Catwoman has the coin door interlock....but is on 1.03

#14231 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Compared to my Dialed In, it's not as good of a sound package. DI has more "stereo" sound. I have not tried to tweak code settings for audio, so maybe that might help. Any suggestions or is this about right from everyone else's experience?

I also have flipper fidelity speakers installed and there was an improvement especially in the bass. However I've since found the best listening experience to be via the acessory headphone Jack with a decent set of headphones.

Not sure if this is due to being able to hear the more more subtle sound effects more clearly or maybe it just sounds better because the headphones block out the mechanical sounds of the game more ( flippers clankings, coils firing, etc) so you just here the games soundtrack.

#14232 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Regarding the Flipper Fidelity speakers you Need to tinker with the settings in the menu. It will make a HUGE difference in sound.
Pin Stadiums are nice but I dont like how they reflect off the metal ramps. Plus my room lighting doesnt really require them. But I can see how some people cant play without them. Theres many lighting effects you can have.
I have a shooter eject protector on my KISS but not on my BM66. I just put some clear mylar down. Plus you can lower the trough eject power so the ball doesnt slam into the shooter lane.

Good advice. I tweaked the system settings and added bass to both the backbox and cabinet speakers. Sounds much better.

#14233 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Good advice. I tweaked the system settings and added bass to both the backbox and cabinet speakers. Sounds much better.

Do you happen to know where that setting lives in the menu system? I was looking the other night and couldn't find it.

#14234 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Do you happen to know where that setting lives in the menu system? I was looking the other night and couldn't find it.

Go under Utilities, then audio. There, you can adjust sound settings and tweak how much bass you want for all the speakers.

#14235 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

So, update on my recent addition of BM66 and questions for the community:
1. Had my BM66 for about a week now. Playing almost every day since and for the first time today, played a different pin (DI).
2. First thing I did was install playfield protector. As everyone knows, lots of air balls and the playfield takes a beating . All the more reason for the protector.
3. Installed shaker. Love it. I think the code uses the shaker just enough, but doesn't over do it. I think it adds to the game experience.
4. Installed flipper fidelity speakers. Not sure I see a huge difference in overall sound. The manufacturer suggests cranking up volume, but I was hoping for a more rounded experience even with lower volume. Compared to my Dialed In, it's not as good of a sound package. DI has more "stereo" sound. I have not tried to tweak code settings for audio, so maybe that might help. Any suggestions or is this about right from everyone else's experience?
5. I have Stern blades coming Saturday. That's the only major "artistic" mod I've done to date. I'm not too interested in "pimping." I do have a free spotlight coming, so I will add that too.
6. I'm on the fence of getting pin stadium lights. I think they are great, just don't know if I want to add another $280 to the overall cost.
7. Has anyone used any of the shooter/eject protectors? Worth it? What do you recommend?
I don't see BM66 leaving anytime soon. Like many have said, great code, great theme integration, and great pin in any line up.
Thanks,
Stan

Atomic Pile is a must have mod !

#14236 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Atomic Pile is a must have mod !

It's a cool, "look at me mod," but I put most of my extra money into things that have the most value, like the play field protector, speakers, and shaker.

#14237 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

It's a cool, "look at me mod," but I put most of my extra money into things that have the most value, like the play field protector, speakers, and shaker.

Yea price is only thing keeping me from buying right now.......

#14238 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

All those other things are good, but if you plan on keeping the game you will regret not having the AP mod.

#14239 4 years ago

Is/has anyone had trouble with the Batcave gate?
90% of the balls that have a direct shot bounce back, a lot of the time the get stuck between the gate and the Batmobile disk on the edge..

#14240 4 years ago

That happens to me a lot too. Whats more frustrating for me is when you shoot the batcave with a direct shot and it doesn't register.

Lots of stuck balls in general with this game. Luckily, a ball search has always cleared them up so far.

#14241 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

90% of the balls that have a direct shot bounce back, a lot of the time the get stuck between the gate and the Batmobile disk on the edge..

Have you checked the wiring isn't getting tangled underneath? When I added the atomic pile mod and phone mod, one of the wires was hanging where I couldn't see it and caused the problem for me as well. After I pulled out the turntable to look at it, I found it and haven't had the issue since. Hopefully it's something similar and an easy fix.

#14242 4 years ago

Would you consider sharing the settings you used or PM. I have updated to the FF speakers long ago and never felt the difference was noticeable but I have no clue how to adjust them as you suggest. Would appreciate any input! Thanks

#14243 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Mine was bad with the bounce outs and non-registering switch (didn't get stuck though). I discovered my turntable was just a HAIR high. Adjusted it down maybe 1/16". It isn't perfect now, but way better than it was. I must have been getting just a slight airball, so it wasn't going all the way through the gate. This also helped my phone magnet grab a bit more often.

As for getting stuck on that edge, I would make sure the Batmobile disk is flush. If so, I would check your machine's level and pitch. If it is hanging up on a flush edge, it might not be steep enough. Make sure you are at 6.5+ deg.

#14244 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Would you consider sharing the settings you used or PM. I have updated to the FF speakers long ago and never felt the difference was noticeable but I have no clue how to adjust them as you suggest. Would appreciate any input! Thanks

Absolutely! Here's the settings I changed from default. All other sound settings I left alone.
Speaker balance -(minus) 15
Backbox treble gain +2.625 db
Cabinet bass gain +10.125 db
Volume to your preference

#14245 4 years ago

Absolutely! Here's the settings I changed from default. All other sound settings I left alone.

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to post this. I will dial mine in tomorrow per your settings. Really appreciated thanks!!

#14246 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

All those other things are good, but if you plan on keeping the game you will regret not having the AP mod.

Why would I miss having “eye candy?”

I’m now rocking with super sound!

#14247 4 years ago

Wow, one setting I didn’t do that you recommended speaker balance. That helped adding more bass for all sounds.

#14248 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Wow, one setting I didn’t do that you recommended speaker balance. That helped adding more bass for all sounds.

Awesome!! I think that's the most important one. It transfers alot of the sound to the cab subwoofer which is where you want it.

#14249 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Why would I miss having “eye candy?”

I guess you won’t know.

#14250 4 years ago

Made your custom changes and it Does sound much better! Thanks again for taking the time to share this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 285 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/285?hl=colinize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.