IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 374.
#14151 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Dig the powder coat above. Very nice job.
Got my new high score tonight. Previous high for my was just shy of 5 billion. Final was 35. The pic was after the first extra ball I think. The remaining balls ran out fast though....
Also added a set of pin stadiums to my game this weekend.[quoted image]

That's craziness!

What was your strategy? What modes did you play to cash in like that?

#14152 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I put in two sets tonight (see the BK:SOR thread for those pics). Was the first time I have done it.
I did BK first, and honestly made it harder on myself than I needed to. I removed the playfield (which is crazy easy with the Spike). First one I did the wet method, spraying the sticky side down with Windex. Wish I wouldn't have. It honestly slid around too much...maybe I used too much or something. It took forever to get it positioned just right and then squish enough Windex out for it to stick without it sliding more. Pain in the butt. For the other side, I just peeled back and cut off a few inches of backing. I used the bolt hole to line it up, and made sure it stayed straight along the top edge. Just sticking it down lightly in one area allowed me to pull it off and reposition pretty easily. Once it was lined up well, I stuck that back end down better, then peeled off the rest and worked my way to the front carefully. They are nice and thick, so I had no issues with bubbles or creases. Went on easy.
Did BM66 next. This time I didn't bother taking out the playfield. For the first side, I pulled the pf forward on the rails, and lined up the back end few inches similar to what I did on BK. I left the the rest hang and super carefully flipped up the playfield. From there I could peel off the rest of the backing and work my way forward again. The second side I just left the pf up. I peeled off about half the backing, from the back end to just past where the playfield stood. Then just simply slid it carefully between the pf and the wall, lined it up in the back (slightly tight squeeze behind the pf, but not bad) like usual, and was extra careful to keep everything straight. Once that was down good, I peeled off the front half and again slowly worked my way forward. I was a little worried about the area I couldn't get to because of the pf, but again the blades are thick enough that it didn't wrinkle or get crooked over that couple inches. Next time I do it, I will most likely do it again this way.
The first one I did, with the pf removal and Windex easily took longer than the other three did. Having the pf out definitely made it easier to just eyeball it, but wasn't worth the extra time or hassle. Not to mention how careful I had to be getting it back in, not wanting to wreck the pf or the blades. If I had someone home to help, it would have been much easier lifting in and out. But if you are careful, taking it out really isn't necessary.

When you remove the playfield.....what do you do with it..?? Saw horses..?

#14153 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Your a beast!!! Thanks for the powder coat comment!!!

Man... I never thought I would get close to one of these scores, but I will take it! hahahaha

Quoted from WizardsCastle:

That's craziness!
What was your strategy? What modes did you play to cash in like that?

Pretty much the standard one folks talk about with bookworm then freeze. I focus on getting the tv targets safely when I can from the left flipper. If those can be completed, then either Tut or Shame for season 3 to hopefully get to the mini-wizard modes. This week I went from never getting to any of the mini wizard modes to getting two in a game a couple of times. Somewhere along the way try to beat mad hatter to re-open some of the minor villains you have already played. Really just focus on the minor villains and then let the major baddies get beat as you play. Also always switch the channel to your minor villain screen to keep those shots lit over any other mode. Last one I have been trying to do is attempt to hold on bat turn until you have freeze beat. That is fun to have running with all the other stuff happening with no timer.

#14155 4 years ago

Indeed, it looks very nice. And because the Atomic Pile is in the poster you should/must have the MOD Couple’s Atomic Pile in the Pinball too

#14156 4 years ago

Just saw the new Tarentino move "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood". Batman66 fans should stick around for the credits for a surpise.

#14158 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is that a licensed product? It looks like a really bad photoshop job.

Posters of that image have been on eBay for a while, based upon everything I’ve seen it was actually used as a promo poster then.

#14159 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Just saw the new Tarentino move "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood". Batman66 fans should stick around for the credits for a surpise.

If anyone seen the movie and missed it, here it is.

#14160 4 years ago

I had a few more requests so I made another batch of Catwoman Badges if anyone else is interested.
IMG_3638 (resized).jpgIMG_3638 (resized).jpg

#14161 4 years ago

Our cat is a huge fan of the Catwoman Edition lol... makes it a challengeto see the silver ball with him chasing it all over the place!

20190726_114341 (resized).jpg20190726_114341 (resized).jpg
#14162 4 years ago

OK, I'm officially in the club! Today was a big day for me. My first NIB and it was Batman 66. Now, I have a huge dilemma. Do I leave as is or take the time to install play field protector? The vote is?

And, the obligatory introduction cinema start screen sound set:

IMG_0705 (resized).jpegIMG_0705 (resized).jpegIMG_0706 (resized).jpegIMG_0706 (resized).jpegIMG_0713 (resized).jpegIMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
#14163 4 years ago

Anyone know what part number or spec the back box topper screws are ? One of mine is frozen solid in place, and won’t budge. May have to drill it out and replace it if the wd40 doesn’t start to sort it out.... so would then need a replacement screw. Any info appreciated.

#14164 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

OK, I'm officially in the club! Today was a big day for me. My first NIB and it was Batman 66. Now, I have a huge dilemma. Do I leave as is or take the time to install play field protector? The vote is?
And, the obligatory introduction cinema start screen sound set: [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats and welcome to a great club! Opinions vary but I highly recommend a playfield protector especially on these newer Sterns. I waited and extra week after I got my BM66 to drop a single ball so I could install one. My playfield looks beautiful and gameplay is fast and fun. A simple wipe down with Novus 1 occasionally will keep it clean and play like lightning. It gives me great piece of mind. If you dont like it just take it off. If you do install one do Not wax your playfield first. Otherwise you'll get "wet" spots under the protector. Have fun!

#14165 4 years ago

OK, I have a good idea, but just to be safe, does anyone have installation instructions for the reactor assembly? It wasn't installed with my new BM66. Thanks in advance.

IMG_0720 (resized).jpegIMG_0720 (resized).jpeg
#14166 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

OK, I have a good idea, but just to be safe, does anyone have installation instructions for the reactor assembly? It wasn't installed with my new BM66. Thanks in advance.[quoted image]

Hi Navystan,

I don’t get it... that Atomic Pile was disconnected completely from the spot? I just recommend you one thing knowing that you have that one in your hand... buy the Atomic Pile from "The Mod Couple", you will notice the difference if you check the pics of their MOD... that’s a real Atomic Pile!

#14167 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Hi Navystan,
I don’t get it... that Atomic Pile was disconnected completely from the spot? I just recommend you one thing knowing that you have that one in your hand... buy the Atomic Pile from "The Mod Couple", you will notice the difference if you check the pics of their MOD... that’s a real Atomic Pile!

Exactly. Maybe the factory doesn’t bother installing them now because they know everyone will just put ModCouples on anyway.

#14168 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Hi Navystan,

Yes, I guess that's not normal. I figured out how to connect by seeing some pictures. Yes, I guess that MOD is the one to get, thanks.

#14169 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Exactly. Maybe the factory doesn’t bother installing them now because they know everyone will just put ModCouples on anyway.

Hahahahahaha ... sounds cruel but True

#14170 4 years ago

Anyone know about when the next code update might be?

#14171 4 years ago

Need to install new art blades. Looks like its easier if playfield is out... but I have never done it... pointers..???

#14172 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Need to install new art blades. Looks like its easier if playfield is out... but I have never done it... pointers..???

Definitely easier with playfield out. But there are plenty of YouTube videos showing a couple different ways.

#14173 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

#14174 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Definitely easier with playfield out. But there are plenty of YouTube videos showing a couple different ways.

Looking for pointers on removing the playfield. Looks like a few wiring harness connectors... lift straight out..?

#14175 4 years ago

Hi All
Couple of issues with my my CW BM66

New issue.. the turntable didn’t turn from TV Set to bat phone.. kept saying shoot the phone, it was flashing but didn’t turn to make phone the shot to hit... only done this once.. when ball drained and player 2 was up turntable moved!

Biggest issue and it’s starting to **** me off is the turntable lock.. balls are escaping the lock. Some times the ball doesn't travel down the lock to the end switch, this kicks another ball out, but doesn’t put the post up- when the turntable moves round for next players turn the ball rolls out down left Outlane.
If you let ball drain then game thinks it is your ball and ends turn.

Also this sometimes happens when last switch is pressed- post seems sluggish to come up and balls again drain when turntable rotates..

Anyone had this issue? Could it a flakey switch? Or software bug?

When starting a game and turntable is at TV the post takes a good 20seconds to come up... should this be quicker?

#14176 4 years ago

There is a screw that holds the turntable down. If you remove that, you can pull the turntable out from the top if you remove the wire forms and the plastic wire form covers. It’s pretty simple to do. A few nuts and 2 screws I believe. Maybe pull it out and look for a cold solder joint somewhere? Loose wire maybe? Should be instantaneous. For the turntable not turning, make sure one of the wiring harnesses didn’t get tangled up.

#14177 4 years ago

Used the wet method...playfield in... and wife a s a extra set of hands... perfect!! Look awesome

#14178 4 years ago

I kinda like this guy's method...

#14179 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I kinda like this guy's method...

That’s how I do it but with the Playfield in. All my pins have art blades. I found that the easiest

#14180 4 years ago

Sorry not in the club. But seen docquest post on batcopter. Since I done a Apache for getaway thought would try this. The bad don't have pin to do a mount. Or where to get power. I see where docquest mounted and looks like wire could run through playfield by targets just not sure what to connect to underneath insert maybe ? Any suggestions?

#14181 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi All
Couple of issues with my my CW BM66
New issue.. the turntable didn’t turn from TV Set to bat phone.. kept saying shoot the phone, it was flashing but didn’t turn to make phone the shot to hit... only done this once.. when ball drained and player 2 was up turntable

This happens on mine as well, but is very infrequent. It seems to be a timing issue. The game is in some specific state and I shoot the turntable immediately. It may be a bug in the current code.

#14182 4 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

Sorry not in the club. But seen docquest post on batcopter. Since I done a Apache for getaway thought would try this. The bad don't have pin to do a mount. Or where to get power. I see where docquest mounted and looks like wire could run through playfield by targets just not sure what to connect to underneath insert maybe ? Any suggestions?

What are you powering it with now?

#14183 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

What are you powering it with now?

9v battery with resistor could do it with 12,9,6 volts. Just need to know what voltage is that's going to power it.

#14184 4 years ago

Hi all,

I have a problem with my bm66. When i lock the first ball, the switch works because it detect the ball but the table turn and release my ball. I cant never have the multiball...

I have seen a virtual lock but... I dont like it.... I prefer to use the lock system.

Someone has this problem ?

Thanks,
Yannick

#14185 4 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

9v battery with resistor could do it with 12,9,6 volts. Just need to know what voltage is that's going to power it.

That looks cool! Power for the LED inserts, general illumination and flashers is 5v on the the spike 2 games. There is 12v available though as well down by the front door and in the backbox. The 12v would be on all the time whenever the game is turned on

There isn't a batcopter insert or mode so I'm not sure if you would want to trigger it during game play at specific times or just have it on all the time. Is the one you did for HS2 on all the time?

Most people like to have the batcopter mounted over the left ramp. You could trigger the blades to be active for a few seconds whenever the ball hit the ramp switch and was coming down that ramp?

The view of "TV" insert at the start of the left orbit is partially obscured by the left ramp. You could have the blades rotate when that insert was lit?

If you sell it as a mod just design it to run off 5v and put some gator clips on the end so people have the flexibility to hookup it up to whatever insert or GI bulb they want.

#14186 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Welcome to the club! Batman 66 playfield protector is one of the simpler playfields to do but if you have any specific questions let us know...
My suggestion would be to put it on right away and preserve your brand new playfield. Nothing wrong if you want to play a game or two to make sure everything is in working order before you start taking things apart but point being that every ball played produces some sort of wear on you playfield so the sooner the better.
Some suggestions:
1. Wear some powder-less latex or nitrile gloves for the install. This helps to not cloudy up all your plastics and parts with finger prints but also prevents you from getting any prints on the underside of the playfild protector once you peel off the protective layer.
2. Make sure you take the balls out of the machine. The install will have you raising the playfield up and down more than once and you don't want the balls crashing down when you lift it up. (most people only make this mistake once) ... I also like to drape a towel over the top of the backbox so that the playfield doesn't mar up the top of the backbox trim when lifted.
3. Take your time and go section by section with disassembly. I use sandwich bags and label them to hold the various screws in and posts etc from each section. For example "Left Sling Shot" or "Right Ramp" ... it also helps to take photos of these areas before you start disassembling. Often time when people first start it all seems straight forward and easy to remember but once you get to the point of re-assembly you can sometimes start question where a certain washer or post went. I would do this with the flippers as well... before you remove them, pay attention to their position and orientation to the small hole in the playfield at the tip of each flipper bat. This will help you put them back to their original location. Same for the underside when you disconnect things. the few harnesses you have to disconnect have unique connectors so you shouldn't have any issue in reconnecting but if you want save yourself from second guessing it never hurts to snap a few photos as you are pulling things apart.
4. Penguin Crane --- this is really the only thing that can ruin you day with this install. I personally have never taken the crane out to install a protector. You can use the service menu to move the crane out from its resting place so that you can maneuver the crane through its associated hole in the protector. HOWEVER, before you even get close to this step, take a minute to feel the bottom of the wrecking ball on the crane with your finger. You will see that the wrecking ball can actually slide up a bit and whats hiding underneath is the end of the cable assembly which is sharp like a nail head. this will scratch the hell out of the protector during install if not properly dealt with. I'm sure others have their own way of dealing with this but what i do is take a small strip of thin, dense plastic and put it under the crane ball and then use painters tape that you wrap upwards around the crane itself to pull this piece of material snugly up again the sharp cable end. I usually do a couple passes of tape to make sure it doesn't pop loose while installing. What I used was actually a small strip of plastic i cut from an old damaged playfield proctor but really you are just looking for the thinnest piece of material that the sharp edge wont penetrate. Im sure there are more ways to deal with this issue and perhaps other members may have a simpler suggestion but I just wanted you to be aware so you don't find out the hard way.
5. If you have an air compressor it is handy have to blow away any debris from the stripped down playfield before you lay the protector in there. I usually clean the playfield with a good streak free window cleaner and microfiber. There can be fingerprints and smudges on the playfield from the factory or even oil trails from the balls themselves. You don't want any of that staring at you from underneath the protector after you have put everything back together. Whatever you use to clean it, just make sure it is fully dry and no moisture is present when you finally set the protector in.
6. Laying in the protector... once you have everything removed that's in the way of dropping the protector in, peel off the underside protective layer but leave the top layer on all until you have everything in place. Once you have confirmed that the protector is laying flat and in its final place you can peel off the top film.
7. Once you have everything back together and you are ready to drop the balls in, I like to clean them off to make sure they don't leave any unnecessary oil trails on the fresh playfield.
That's all I can think of off the top of my head... it may sound intimidating but it's really not that bad and (in my opinion) well worth the effort. They are not for everyone but I like the fact that i can play as many games as I want and underneath is still a brand new playfield.
Enjoy!

Thanks to John, I installed the play field protector in about 2.5 hours. I figured I would help the next guy, so here's a video I created from start to finish:

#14187 4 years ago

Has anyone else had issues installing the crane upgrade from mezel? I can't seem to get mine to insert flush/level with the underside of the existing crane. There's a small zip tie holding the wires in place that seems to get in the way. Not sure if I need to remove that?

#14188 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Thanks to John, I installed the play field protector in about 2.5 hours. I figured I would help the next guy, so here's a video I created from start to finish:

Good video, thanks for sharing. Does it stick to the Playfield? Is it a hard plastic or Mylar?

#14189 4 years ago
Quoted from calsheimer:

Has anyone else had issues installing the crane upgrade from mezel? I can't seem to get mine to insert flush/level with the underside of the existing crane. There's a small zip tie holding the wires in place that seems to get in the way. Not sure if I need to remove that?

Just installed mine. Just rotate the zip ties and wires up and out of the way...mount the crane...and rotate them back flush... make sense?

#14190 4 years ago

I had trouble as well. It just sort of snapped in there as I was wrestling with it.

#14191 4 years ago

I have an extra set of the new Crime Fighter Art Blades from Stern if anyone is interested... https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82760

#14192 4 years ago
Quoted from calsheimer:

I had the exact same issue... first time I popped it in it was off center and tilted to the left... bugged the heck out of me. I pulled it out, removed original 3M tape and used the 3M black double sided tape (stronger) ... I also cut the wire tires off entirely which allowed me to tuck the wires up and over the crane mod.

#14193 4 years ago

Sitting here wondering what surprises Lyman has for us all in the code release Stern says is coming. I’m sure there are system updates, but I’m hoping for game code additions as well.

Still hoping for a Bat Climb mode. I think that’s the only iconic event type from the series that isn’t in the game.

#14194 4 years ago

I have an extra set of the new Crime Fighter Art Blades from Stern if anyone is interested... https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82760

Thats a great deal!!

#14195 4 years ago

PM sent sir. I'll take em.

#14196 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Sitting here wondering what surprises Lyman has for us all in the code release Stern says is coming. I’m sure there are system updates, but I’m hoping for game code additions as well.
Still hoping for a Bat Climb mode. I think that’s the only iconic event type from the series that isn’t in the game.

Sadly it's been said that bat climb can't really happen due to licencing issues of the characters involved. That is to say, it could happen, but not with the cameos that would make it extra special.

#14197 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Good video, thanks for sharing. Does it stick to the Playfield? Is it a hard plastic or Mylar?

all playfield protectors are hard plastic. They just "sit" on the playfield and have not glue.

#14198 4 years ago

BM66 top 20 on Pinside list now! When I bought it was sitting around 55. Awesome game and glad it's getting known!

#14199 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

PM sent sir. I'll take em.

Shit. I'm an hour late.

#14200 4 years ago

I freshened up an old stool in the game room with Batman theme.

Snapchat-225451487 (resized).jpgSnapchat-225451487 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.99
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/284?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.