IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 282 of 374.
#14051 4 years ago

It's a double thing...scoring that huge is a rush but after having a few games with that 50B scores, every other game on that machine start to feel different in a bad way...

Anyway, Batman is a super fun/funny game and I can only guess (or hope ) more balancing will be introduced in the future.

#14052 4 years ago

Does anyone have insight as to when Lyman will be dropping a new code update on us?

#14053 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Does anyone have insight as to when Lyman will be dropping a new code update on us?

According to Sterns last two SOU anytime now.....

#14054 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

So we’ve graduated from the “I need to see pics of your shooter lane” to the “I need to see pics of the underside rail of the cabinet bottom”.

duh. everyone knows that cabinet bottom scratches = -75% on resale value.

#14055 4 years ago

Getting ready to officially join the club. My BM66 is enroute. I also purchased a playfield protector separately. Anyone with experience installing or can point me to someone who has? Or, maybe I don't install until later? What's your advice?

Thanks in advance, Stan.

#14056 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Getting ready to officially join the club. My BM66 is enroute. I also purchased a playfield protector separately. Anyone with experience installing or can point me to someone who has? Or, maybe I don't install until later? What's your advice?
Thanks in advance, Stan.

I personally waited until my playfield protector arrived before I played my BM66. Remove both wireforms, sling plastics and flippers. I moved the crane to the center of the playfield. Make sure you put a piece of thin cardboard or layer tape under the crane ball. There is a sharp point under it and this will help prevent scratching the protector. BM66 is one of the easier pins to install a protector on.

#14057 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Thanks in advance, Stan.

Welcome to the club! Batman 66 playfield protector is one of the simpler playfields to do but if you have any specific questions let us know...

My suggestion would be to put it on right away and preserve your brand new playfield. Nothing wrong if you want to play a game or two to make sure everything is in working order before you start taking things apart but point being that every ball played produces some sort of wear on you playfield so the sooner the better.

Some suggestions:

1. Wear some powder-less latex or nitrile gloves for the install. This helps to not cloudy up all your plastics and parts with finger prints but also prevents you from getting any prints on the underside of the playfild protector once you peel off the protective layer.

2. Make sure you take the balls out of the machine. The install will have you raising the playfield up and down more than once and you don't want the balls crashing down when you lift it up. (most people only make this mistake once) ... I also like to drape a towel over the top of the backbox so that the playfield doesn't mar up the top of the backbox trim when lifted.

3. Take your time and go section by section with disassembly. I use sandwich bags and label them to hold the various screws in and posts etc from each section. For example "Left Sling Shot" or "Right Ramp" ... it also helps to take photos of these areas before you start disassembling. Often time when people first start it all seems straight forward and easy to remember but once you get to the point of re-assembly you can sometimes start question where a certain washer or post went. I would do this with the flippers as well... before you remove them, pay attention to their position and orientation to the small hole in the playfield at the tip of each flipper bat. This will help you put them back to their original location. Same for the underside when you disconnect things. the few harnesses you have to disconnect have unique connectors so you shouldn't have any issue in reconnecting but if you want save yourself from second guessing it never hurts to snap a few photos as you are pulling things apart.

4. Penguin Crane --- this is really the only thing that can ruin you day with this install. I personally have never taken the crane out to install a protector. You can use the service menu to move the crane out from its resting place so that you can maneuver the crane through its associated hole in the protector. HOWEVER, before you even get close to this step, take a minute to feel the bottom of the wrecking ball on the crane with your finger. You will see that the wrecking ball can actually slide up a bit and whats hiding underneath is the end of the cable assembly which is sharp like a nail head. this will scratch the hell out of the protector during install if not properly dealt with. I'm sure others have their own way of dealing with this but what i do is take a small strip of thin, dense plastic and put it under the crane ball and then use painters tape that you wrap upwards around the crane itself to pull this piece of material snugly up again the sharp cable end. I usually do a couple passes of tape to make sure it doesn't pop loose while installing. What I used was actually a small strip of plastic i cut from an old damaged playfield proctor but really you are just looking for the thinnest piece of material that the sharp edge wont penetrate. Im sure there are more ways to deal with this issue and perhaps other members may have a simpler suggestion but I just wanted you to be aware so you don't find out the hard way.

5. If you have an air compressor it is handy have to blow away any debris from the stripped down playfield before you lay the protector in there. I usually clean the playfield with a good streak free window cleaner and microfiber. There can be fingerprints and smudges on the playfield from the factory or even oil trails from the balls themselves. You don't want any of that staring at you from underneath the protector after you have put everything back together. Whatever you use to clean it, just make sure it is fully dry and no moisture is present when you finally set the protector in.

6. Laying in the protector... once you have everything removed that's in the way of dropping the protector in, peel off the underside protective layer but leave the top layer on all until you have everything in place. Once you have confirmed that the protector is laying flat and in its final place you can peel off the top film.

7. Once you have everything back together and you are ready to drop the balls in, I like to clean them off to make sure they don't leave any unnecessary oil trails on the fresh playfield.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head... it may sound intimidating but it's really not that bad and (in my opinion) well worth the effort. They are not for everyone but I like the fact that i can play as many games as I want and underneath is still a brand new playfield.

Enjoy!

#14058 4 years ago

... if you get stuck on anything shoot me a PM

#14059 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

... if you get stuck on anything shoot me a PM

I think I will attempt a install also... watching this.....so keep us posted!!

#14060 4 years ago

4. Penguin Crane --- this is really the only thing that can ruin you day with this install. I personally have never taken the crane out to install a protector. You can use the service menu to move the crane out from its resting place so that you can maneuver the crane through its associated hole in the protector. HOWEVER, before you even get close to this step, take a minute to feel the bottom of the wrecking ball on the crane with your finger. You will see that the wrecking ball can actually slide up a bit and whats hiding underneath is the end of the cable assembly which is sharp like a nail head. this will scratch the hell out of the protector during install if not properly dealt with. I'm sure others have their own way of dealing with this but what i do is take a small strip of thin, dense plastic and put it under the crane ball and then use painters tape that you wrap upwards around the crane itself to pull this piece of material snugly up again the sharp cable end. I usually do a couple passes of tape to make sure it doesn't pop loose while installing. What I used was actually a small strip of plastic i cut from an old damaged playfield proctor but really you are just looking for the thinnest piece of material that the sharp edge wont penetrate. Im sure there are more ways to deal with this issue and perhaps other members may have a simpler suggestion but I just wanted you to be aware so you don't find out the hard way

Very informative post and I definitely agree with you about the crane. I found out the hard way but what I've been doing with the wrecking ball is getting some strong Gorilla Tape and taping it to the crane arm itself. It's on a spring so it easily bends backwards and it's out the way.
Ive also dismantled it but that's a bit extreme just to fit the protector.

#14061 4 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Very informative post and I definitely agree with you about the crane. I found out the hard way but what I've been doing with the wrecking ball is getting some strong Gorilla Tape and taping it to the crane arm itself. It's on a spring so it easily bends backwards and it's out the way.

That does sound like a more elegant solution... I don't think I eve bothers to see how far back it would bend.

#14062 4 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

So the Atomic pile turntable does need to be removed..?

#14063 4 years ago

Thinking about selling mine.. Here is what I've put into it, but I'm not sure where to price it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-premum-build

#14064 4 years ago

The turn table seems to be higher than the rest of the Playfield. Causes some crazy air balls. Is that common or can I lower it somehow?

#14065 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

The turn table seems to be higher than the rest of the Playfield. Causes some crazy air balls. Is that common or can I lower it somehow?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/33#post-3603697

#14067 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

So the Atomic pile turntable does need to be removed..?

I've never owned the atomic pile mod but from the looks of it, I do not think it would interfere with a playfield protector install.

#14068 4 years ago

I've never owned the atomic pile mod but from the looks of it, I do not think it would interfere with a playfield protector install.

I have not addded the mod "yet".. I meant the original turn table etc

#14069 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I have not addded the mod "yet".. I meant the original turn table etc

Ah, gotcha... no, no need to do anything to the turntable.

#14070 4 years ago

lets start the code update talk. there is supposed to a new code this summer. i would think it won't add much. i wish they would add more of the mr. freeze guy. too many episode on egg head and king tut compared to his 1.

#14071 4 years ago

For folks putting on a playfield protector, are you also doing cliffy protectors? If so, do they work well together?

#14072 4 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Thinking about selling mine..

Sorry you aren’t feeling well today. Get some rest. I’m sure you will be thinking more clearly tomorrow.

#14073 4 years ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

For folks putting on a playfield protector, are you also doing cliffy protectors? If so, do they work well together?

I hope so.... I already did the cliffy's

#14074 4 years ago

I think in most instances a full playfield protector renders cliffy's unnecessary. You definitely don't want to lay over the top of any. I have playfield protectors on all my machines and the only cliffy that I still have in place is on my TRON (the scoop under the mini tron cabinet) but it is installed OVER the playfield protector and not the other way around. The only reason I reinstalled it was because there was already some minor cosmetic damage to that area before the cliffy was installed and putting it back helped hide that where the clear playfield protector alone would not.

#14075 4 years ago

I think in most instances a full playfield protector renders cliffy's unnecessary. You definitely don't want to lay over the top of any. I have playfield protectors on all my machines and the only cliffy that I still have in place is on my TRON (the scoop under the mini tron cabinet) but it is installed OVER the playfield protector and not the other way around. The only reason I reinstalled it was because there was already some minor cosmetic damage to that area before the cliffy was installed and putting it back helped hide that where the clear playfield protector alone would not.

Looking at it looks like the "outer" chute protectors would have to come out... the rear inner chute protector and the shooter lane and ball eject ones would be fine....??

#14076 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Looking at it looks like the "outer" chute protectors would have to come out... the rear inner chute protector and the shooter lane and ball eject ones would be fine....??

here is a link to the protector I have, might help to see what areas it does and does not cover...

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/d0FenT3A9kWPyOqX7bJ0SA?catgoryid=22&name=Batman%2066%20(Premium)%20%7C%202016%20%7C%20Playfield%20Protector

#14078 4 years ago

Awsome...they just went on the site

#14079 4 years ago

Just received and installed this shooter from Super Skill Shot Shop ( Modelvisionary ) ,.. have to say I'm fairly impressed with it,... getting stuff to Australia is a never cheap,. and this time the investment was well worth it!!

6BMshooter1 (resized).jpg6BMshooter1 (resized).jpg
#14080 4 years ago

Do you think they failed to put 4 screws in or is it supposed to be like this? I had to tighten one because it was loose

D165F302-A3BF-442F-B363-C946E6360AAE (resized).jpegD165F302-A3BF-442F-B363-C946E6360AAE (resized).jpegD68954E5-1421-40F7-9EF3-42A27F932409 (resized).jpegD68954E5-1421-40F7-9EF3-42A27F932409 (resized).jpeg
#14081 4 years ago

It’s official I’m in. Just arrived last week. Thank you Kayla at Pinball’s. Com for a fast and easy purchase. Game is beautiful. Started adding some mods but still more to come.

1DE818A1-CA29-42B4-81B5-73965923BFD5 (resized).jpeg1DE818A1-CA29-42B4-81B5-73965923BFD5 (resized).jpegB6BE4746-DA4D-4B7B-8939-D582B47E2B88 (resized).jpegB6BE4746-DA4D-4B7B-8939-D582B47E2B88 (resized).jpegF824943D-6AFD-4149-A5CB-A9BD2F80510C (resized).jpegF824943D-6AFD-4149-A5CB-A9BD2F80510C (resized).jpeg
#14082 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Do you think they failed to put 4 screws in or is it supposed to be like this? I had to tighten one because it was loose[quoted image][quoted image]

You can see the marks from where the screw and washer was once in place. Definitely missing and needs to be replaced.

#14083 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

You can see the marks from where the screw and washer was once in place. Definitely missing and needs to be replaced.

I’ll have to go buy some

#14084 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’ll have to go buy some

If you just got your machine then it's definitely a warranty item and Stern will send you the correct screws you need. If you send your pictures and serial number to your distributor, they will be able to open a ticket for you.

#14085 4 years ago

I have a WONKA LE coming soon and I was wondering if most of you replace the original balls before playing your first game. I know many folks do this with Stern NIB games, but should I with a JJP game? Advice appreciated; if so which ones do you recommend?

#14086 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I have a WONKA LE coming soon and I was wondering if most of you replace the original balls before playing your first game. I know many folks do this with Stern NIB games, but should I with a JJP game? Advice appreciated; if so which ones do you recommend?

Yes! Ditch the factory supplied balls and drop in some mirror polished balls.

#14087 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Ninja chrome from Ball Baron.

#14088 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Yes! Ditch the factory supplied balls and drop in some mirror polished balls.

Not sure if wonka has magnets but some pinballs like Ninja can hold a charge so be careful. I didn’t change mine but I may buy some after reading this

#14089 4 years ago

Standard Carbon from the Ball Baron don’t magnetize and are plenty shiny....

#14090 4 years ago

I'm in. Just arrived last night.

20190720_153545 (resized).jpg20190720_153545 (resized).jpg
#14091 4 years ago

Welcome to the club! Batman 66 playfield protector is one of the simpler playfields to do but if you have any specific questions let us know...
My suggestion would be to put it on right away and preserve your brand new playfield. Nothing wrong if you want to play a game or two to make sure everything is in working order before you start taking things apart but point being that every ball played produces some sort of wear on you playfield so the sooner the better.
Some suggestions:
1. Wear some powder-less latex or nitrile gloves for the install. This helps to not cloudy up all your plastics and parts with finger prints but also prevents you from getting any prints on the underside of the playfild protector once you peel off the protective layer.
2. Make sure you take the balls out of the machine. The install will have you raising the playfield up and down more than once and you don't want the balls crashing down when you lift it up. (most people only make this mistake once) ... I also like to drape a towel over the top of the backbox so that the playfield doesn't mar up the top of the backbox trim when lifted.
3. Take your time and go section by section with disassembly. I use sandwich bags and label them to hold the various screws in and posts etc from each section. For example "Left Sling Shot" or "Right Ramp" ... it also helps to take photos of these areas before you start disassembling. Often time when people first start it all seems straight forward and easy to remember but once you get to the point of re-assembly you can sometimes start question where a certain washer or post went. I would do this with the flippers as well... before you remove them, pay attention to their position and orientation to the small hole in the playfield at the tip of each flipper bat. This will help you put them back to their original location. Same for the underside when you disconnect things. the few harnesses you have to disconnect have unique connectors so you shouldn't have any issue in reconnecting but if you want save yourself from second guessing it never hurts to snap a few photos as you are pulling things apart.
4. Penguin Crane --- this is really the only thing that can ruin you day with this install. I personally have never taken the crane out to install a protector. You can use the service menu to move the crane out from its resting place so that you can maneuver the crane through its associated hole in the protector. HOWEVER, before you even get close to this step, take a minute to feel the bottom of the wrecking ball on the crane with your finger. You will see that the wrecking ball can actually slide up a bit and whats hiding underneath is the end of the cable assembly which is sharp like a nail head. this will scratch the hell out of the protector during install if not properly dealt with. I'm sure others have their own way of dealing with this but what i do is take a small strip of thin, dense plastic and put it under the crane ball and then use painters tape that you wrap upwards around the crane itself to pull this piece of material snugly up again the sharp cable end. I usually do a couple passes of tape to make sure it doesn't pop loose while installing. What I used was actually a small strip of plastic i cut from an old damaged playfield proctor but really you are just looking for the thinnest piece of material that the sharp edge wont penetrate. Im sure there are more ways to deal with this issue and perhaps other members may have a simpler suggestion but I just wanted you to be aware so you don't find out the hard way.
5. If you have an air compressor it is handy have to blow away any debris from the stripped down playfield before you lay the protector in there. I usually clean the playfield with a good streak free window cleaner and microfiber. There can be fingerprints and smudges on the playfield from the factory or even oil trails from the balls themselves. You don't want any of that staring at you from underneath the protector after you have put everything back together. Whatever you use to clean it, just make sure it is fully dry and no moisture is present when you finally set the protector in.
6. Laying in the protector... once you have everything removed that's in the way of dropping the protector in, peel off the underside protective layer but leave the top layer on all until you have everything in place. Once you have confirmed that the protector is laying flat and in its final place you can peel off the top film.
7. Once you have everything back together and you are ready to drop the balls in, I like to clean them off to make sure they don't leave any unnecessary oil trails on the fresh playfield.
That's all I can think of off the top of my head... it may sound intimidating but it's really not that bad and (in my opinion) well worth the effort. They are not for everyone but I like the fact that i can play as many games as I want and underneath is still a brand new playfield.
Enjoy!

Thank you! Appreciate the tips. I've done plenty of pinball shopping, but this is my first NIB purchase.

#14092 4 years ago
Quoted from GWalton:

I'm in. Just arrived last night.[quoted image]

welcome to the club ... looks like lots of love for the Catwoman edition...

#14093 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Standard Carbon from the Ball Baron don’t magnetize and are plenty shiny....

False

The balls in my batman66 are magnetized and get stuck on the magnet after it releases almost 100% of the time.

#14094 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

False
The balls in my batman66 are magnetized and get stuck on the magnet after it releases almost 100% of the time.

Have you got anything over the magnet? Mylar perhaps?

#14095 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

False

I’ve been using standard carbon from the Ball Baron in my BM66, LOTR, GOTG, and SW exclusively and have had zero magnetization issues. LOTR is especially prone to magnetization, the standard carbons show no ill effects. Did you perhaps buy Ninjas?

Quoted from pauloz:

Have you got anything over the magnet? Mylar perhaps?

Agreed, my Modcouple sewer cover when new would quite often catch the ball on the magnet.

#14096 4 years ago

Hi all, i have enabled the virtual lock on my bm66.... What piece of shit their system and the microswitch.... Ball 1, ball 3 not detected.... Even if i bent the switch... Sometimes the 3 balls dont eject because the switch is too up...

I hate this lock system. I will tell stern a new complete system because mine is completely broken.

#14097 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Agreed, my Modcouple sewer cover when new would quite often catch the ball on the magnet.

Yeah, my sewer does and I have the original pinballs so it’s definitely the mod. Same thing on Munsters. Kind of annoying

#14098 4 years ago

Does anyone have a good post on the rules or best way to score points? I tried searching key posts but found nothing

#14099 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Does anyone have a good post on the rules or best way to score points? I tried searching key posts but found nothing

Here you go

http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463

#14100 4 years ago

Thanks, I just printed this off and reading it now. Probably keep it on top of the coin box

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 282 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/282 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.