IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 374.
#13951 4 years ago

Holy happy birthday...

FB_IMG_1562418521712 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1562418521712 (resized).jpg
#13952 4 years ago

Still waiting on these.......

blades (resized).JPGblades (resized).JPG
#13953 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Its super fast and smooth!

Is this available for others now?

#13954 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Still waiting on these.......[quoted image]

Weren't these the original Stern art blades? Then for some reason they changed the design?

#13955 4 years ago

that is the first I' ve seen of these ramps. How much and are they currently available?

#13956 4 years ago

I wanted to make sure I didn’t miss a call from Commissioner Gordon....

7D47863E-9B9E-4752-801E-5F4DE011CC9C (resized).jpeg7D47863E-9B9E-4752-801E-5F4DE011CC9C (resized).jpeg
#13957 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I wanted to make sure I didn’t miss a call from Commissioner Gordon....[quoted image]

Looks awesome!

#13958 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Weren't these the original Stern art blades? Then for some reason they changed the design?

Not sure... I know they are different from the ones currently available... no characters.. just the wow pow stuff. Sent a not to Stern early last week... was told about a week away....

#13959 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I wanted to make sure I didn’t miss a call from Commissioner Gordon....[quoted image]

Where did you get the poster?

#13960 4 years ago

Ok I have a problem hopefully someone can help me with. I'm getting an error on switch #78 Joker target under the TV. This is the Left target. #77 is the Right target. When I test both switches only the results for #77 show on the DMD. I get a switch "beep" on both switches but again only the results for switch #77 show on the DMD. Instead of the switches working separately in test they appear to work as only a single switch. This oddly doesn't affect gameplay. I wouldn't even have noticed this if I hadn't checked the Tech alerts to see if there were any. I've already done the following:

-double checked and made sure the targets were Not stuck behind the metal separator
-cleaned leaf switches
-checked adjustment of both switches

I'm unable to try and reseat the CN12 connector because it's impossible to reach inside that damn turntable mech. It's very frustrating that something as simple as a switch diagnosis is this much trouble because of the complicated design of the turntable. Any help on this would be appreciated.

#13961 4 years ago

Well guys, 15 days ago I posted about finding the Joker ornament on AliExpress and today it showed up! Shipping box was a little bent and so was the ornament box, but the ornament was perfect! Only $18!

20190706_155321 (resized).jpg20190706_155321 (resized).jpg
#13962 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Where did you get the poster?

Christopher Franchi was selling them at TPF

#13963 4 years ago
Quoted from DrBanner:

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could help me with a solution to this problem on my BM66.
Almost every time I get a 6-ball multiball going, I get a stuck ball just below the top left lane, above the pop bumpers and underneath the back of the top right ramp. There is a little gap there that a ball always manages to nestle into, and then it blocks the rest of the balls from passing through the top left lane and they all get stuck there in a traffic jam. What do I need to adjust to stop the first ball from getting stuck in this spot?
I'll attach a couple images for you, taken from different angles, but both show the spot I am referring to. Sorry they are out of focus, but this should illustrate what I am talking about. The first image is taken from the back of the machine and shows a ball stuck in that spot. The second image is looking into the gap that I am referring to without a ball in it. I can post more images for you, including one with a log jam of balls, if that would be helpful.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this keeps requiring me to interrupt wizard modes, remove the glass, dislodge the log jam of balls, and ruin my great games. Thanks very much.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I can’t tell from your pic for certain, but I think it is the same issue I had with the ball resting up there. I f8nally got my catwoman ramp out and replaced the rubber that I believe will stop that ball from resting near that left bonus rollover.

9F3AF1C9-7587-43F4-B906-570EBF10B6E6 (resized).jpeg9F3AF1C9-7587-43F4-B906-570EBF10B6E6 (resized).jpegC0C05F1C-D293-46B4-9471-36051DEB3B9F (resized).jpegC0C05F1C-D293-46B4-9471-36051DEB3B9F (resized).jpeg
#13964 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Well guys, 15 days ago I posted about finding the Joker ornament on AliExpress and today it showed up! Shipping box was a little bent and so was the ornament box, but the ornament was perfect! Only $18![quoted image]

SCORE! Glad it worked out

#13965 4 years ago

For those that want batgirl Backbox decals (instead of Batman and robin on the premium Backbox)... I reached out to stern about them. At first, they thought I was asking for cat woman and gave me a lame warranty response but then apologized and said I can get them through my distributor...

“My apologies……….I was thinking of the new Catwoman version, not Batgirl. You can purchase those decals through one of our dealers. Here is a link to find the nearest dealer to you. The part number for the right backbox decal with Batgirl is 820-78I0-02 and the left is 820-78I0-01.”

I reached out to my distributor and they ordered them for me. They were $28.50 for each side (plus tax). I held my breathe until I got them (not entirely sure what I’d get). Get them while you can!

FD9E57F4-47BE-4DD8-861E-C0CBAA1B6554 (resized).jpegFD9E57F4-47BE-4DD8-861E-C0CBAA1B6554 (resized).jpeg
#13966 4 years ago

Need some help. I dry fit the cliffy then went to install withe the adhesive and it’s stuck like this. Any way to lift it easily without damaging the play field?

C569FE9D-1CFD-4C5C-8FBB-4F076AB12377 (resized).jpegC569FE9D-1CFD-4C5C-8FBB-4F076AB12377 (resized).jpeg
#13967 4 years ago

Question: Does everyones Ball Lock Diverter Flap hit the back metal rail when it's open? It does this on my Catwoman and since it's metal on metal its rather noisy. I dont recall this grabbing my attention on my previous BM66 machine but who knows. You can see a vertical, shiny / polished line on the back rail from where it makes contact. I don't think it's really going to harm anything but just curious if this is how they all are.

#13968 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Question: Does everyones Ball Lock Diverter Flap hit the back metal rail when it's open? It does this on my Catwoman and since it's metal on metal its rather noisy. I dont recall this grabbing my attention on my previous BM66 machine but who knows. You can see a vertical, shiny / polished line on the back rail from where it makes contact. I don't think it's really going to harm anything but just curious if this is how that all are.

Yes my early run Premium does the exact same thing.

#13969 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Yes my early run Premium does the exact same thing.

Thanks for the quick reply / confirmation!

#13970 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

[quoted image]
holy new ramp . - thanks sutol

Any chance of getting a ramp like that made for me? Or at least the plans to make it myself? Looks awesome!

#13971 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Is this available for others now?

Quoted from TronGuy:

that is the first I' ve seen of these ramps. How much and are they currently available?

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Any chance of getting a ramp like that made for me? Or at least the plans to make it myself? Looks awesome!

Just to clear this wireform thing up.@NeilMcrae wireform is just his original with a "Enhancement" (buzz word at the mo).
@mk6pin had a custom one made and tried for months to get others done which was awesome but got let down big style and lost his original in the process.
I had a friend of mine who works at an engineering firm basically enclose the top bend.
He basically made a mirror image of the top bend and tig welded it on top.
2 wires bent to the same shape and 3 half circles for the anchor points. First 2 anchor points match up and the last one is just before the switch.
Extended the wire to the back of the catwoman plastic to keep the ball in there and that was it. Also made a template from the old plastic and he made a steel one to reattach the catwoman bracket.
I then got it stripped and powdered countless times because I wasn't happy with the finish.That bit has cost me a small fortune, lol
@Robertstone0407 was a great help in this part of it. My powdercoat guy has certainly learned a few new tricks.

It does shoot really fast with no rejects.One benefit is it takes a lot of flex out of there. Quite sturdy when put back in.

I tried to talk him into doing more but he wasn't too forthcoming but I'm sure there is someone out there who could do the same.

Screenshot_20190707_083315_com.google.android.apps.photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190707_083315_com.google.android.apps.photos (resized).jpgIMG_20190707_090004 (resized).jpgIMG_20190707_090004 (resized).jpgIMG_20190707_090421 (resized).jpgIMG_20190707_090421 (resized).jpgIMG_20190707_090126 (resized).jpgIMG_20190707_090126 (resized).jpgIMG_20190707_094024 (resized).jpgIMG_20190707_094024 (resized).jpg
#13972 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

hi all does the stern bat signal stay on all the time or is it a item you can turn on /off as you like cheers Marc

#13973 4 years ago
Quoted from ACcookDC:

Need some help. I dry fit the cliffy then went to install withe the adhesive and it’s stuck like this. Any way to lift it easily without damaging the play field?[quoted image]

Use a hair dryer on the highest setting hot to melt the adhesive to liquid form. The cliffy should just pull out, then be sure to clean up the residue afterwards.

Also, I have a Houdini in the Market for trade. Would like to trade for a Batman66 + cash on my end. If anyone is considering parting w/ Batman, let me know. Batman66 seems to be a perfect home-use machine w/ deep rules & a countless strategic approach.

#13974 4 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Just to clear this wireform thing up.@NeilMcrae wireform is just his original with a "Enhancement" (buzz word at the mo).
@mk6pin had a custom one made and tried for months to get others done which was awesome but got let down big style and lost his original in the process.
I had a friend of mine who works at an engineering firm basically enclose the top bend.
He basically made a mirror image of the top bend and tig welded it on top.
2 wires bent to the same shape and 3 half circles for the anchor points. First 2 anchor points match up and the last one is just before the switch.
Extended the wire to the back of the catwoman plastic to keep the ball in there and that was it. Also made a template from the old plastic and he made a steel one to reattach the catwoman bracket.
I then got it stripped and powdered countless times because I wasn't happy with the finish.That bit has cost me a small fortune, lol
@Robertstone0407 was a great help in this part of it. My powdercoat guy has certainly learned a few new tricks.
It does shoot really fast with no rejects.One benefit is it takes a lot of flex out of there. Quite sturdy when put back in.
I tried to talk him into doing more but he wasn't too forthcoming but I'm sure there is someone out there who could do the same.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thx Sutol . Wonder if you could take a spare Stern stock left wireform, and cut it down to use as the top part of the curve. Not sure how to attach other than weld.

#13975 4 years ago
Quoted from Wrx2006:

hi all does the stern bat signal stay on all the time or is it a item you can turn on /off as you like cheers Marc

It’s the docquest Batsignal mod, it stays on all the time when the machine is turned on.

#13976 4 years ago

Curious to know how the DocQuest Batsignal installs on a premium?

I also have low ceilings (basically just enough room for a topper) so will the Batsignal look good still?

#13977 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thx sutol . Wonder if you could take a spare Stern stock left wireform, and cut it down to use as the top part of the curve. Not sure how to attach other than weld.

You could but the anchor points wouldn't match up. Your looking at 2 small wires bent to match and 3 half circles. Just finding someone to tig weld it.
I priced up a replacement ramp at marcos and they are $204 for the Le. $299 for the SLE (95 bucks for the color blue?) and $199 for premium.

#13978 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Curious to know how the DocQuest Batsignal installs on a premium?
I also have low ceilings (basically just enough room for a topper) so will the Batsignal look good still?

Doc signal can be placed anywhere on the back box as it has a magnet at its base.

That may help you achieve a larger spotlight.
Same issue and mine looks great.

#13979 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Doc signal can be placed anywhere on the back box as it has a magnet at its base.
That may help you achieve a larger spotlight.
Same issue and mine looks great.

You can even move it lower onto one of the rear legs.

#13980 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:Curious to know how the DocQuest Batsignal installs on a premium?

I also have a very low ceiling in my basement so the Stern version didnt fit well in my situation. That why I made my own version that uses the magnet mount so you have a lot more flexibility in where you mount it.

#13981 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

It’s the docquest Batsignal mod, it stays on all the time when the machine is turned on.

The standard installation in the instructions will have the signal turn on whenever the game is on. I thought this was a good default setting.

However you can trigger it to come on/off with any light or flasher in the game. The power relay has an 2 wire input that triggers the signal and you can connect that trigger to anything you like as long as it is between 3-48 vdc or 12-120 vac.

#13982 4 years ago

I sell a BM66 figurine 1/8. Pm me if someone interested )

Price : 120 dollars + 30 dollars shipment.

Pm me if interested.

20190707_181818 (resized).jpg20190707_181818 (resized).jpg
#13983 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

I sell a BM66 figurine 1/8. Pm me if someone interested )
Price : 120 dollars + 30 dollars shipment.
Pm me if interested.[quoted image]

Looks like the $16 Batman plastic model kit....
bat (resized).JPGbat (resized).JPG

#13984 4 years ago

Mine is done. I dont sell the kit. Kit cost 40 dollars on ebay now. But you must build, cement, paint...

#13985 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The standard installation in the instructions will have the signal turn on whenever the game is on. I thought this was a good default setting.
However you can trigger it to come on/off with any light or flasher in the game. The power relay has an 2 wire input that triggers the signal and you can connect that trigger to anything you like as long as it is between 3-48 vdc or 12-120 vac.

For the standard installation, how is it connected?

#13986 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Mine is done. I dont sell the kit. Kit cost 40 dollars on ebay now. But you must build, cement, paint...

Understood... and as a modeler they are some work... Moebius makes a nice series of 66 Batman kits,... all can be had for $20 each.....

#13987 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

For the standard installation, how is it connected?

The projector itself runs via 120vac from ther service outlet via relay. The relay turns on when a trigger signal is present.

I include a harness that connects the trigger signal to CN6 on the power distribution board in the backbox. CN6 contains a 12vdc signal that is on whenever the game is on.

Alternatively you could trigger the projector off of any insert LED by running the trigger wire to that instead.

#13988 4 years ago

I recently obtained a Hallmark Batcycle. It is very nicely done. As the pose looks like the Dynamic Duo are airborne, I mounted it like they were coming out of the backboard ready to land on the wire rails. Easily mounted on the nut on the post at the back using standard lock wire.

IMG_3735 (resized).JPGIMG_3735 (resized).JPGIMG_3736 (resized).JPGIMG_3736 (resized).JPG
#13989 4 years ago
Quoted from mkk629:

I recently obtained a Hallmark Batcycle. It is very nicely done. As the pose looks like the Dynamic Duo are airborne, I mounted it like they were coming out of the backboard ready to land on the wire rails. Easily mounted on the nut on the post at the back using standard lock wire.[quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool!! Nice job!!

#13990 4 years ago

This was in the coin box and I’m not sure where to plug it in. I know it goes in the back right corner bye the bat signal light just not sure where the wires plug in at. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

5E1FAD6E-3A43-4F51-9A47-B92812EF4A90 (resized).jpeg5E1FAD6E-3A43-4F51-9A47-B92812EF4A90 (resized).jpeg
#13991 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

This was in the coin box and I’m not sure where to plug it in. I know it goes in the back right corner bye the bat signal light just not sure where the wires plug in at. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.[quoted image]

Most people mount that in the back right corner on the Riddler plastic like Stern did on the LE/SLE models. See @Docquest's pictures below on the connection.

bfe7e64bee84e1f5e5768fbaf085f13bb2b6ec31 (resized).jpgbfe7e64bee84e1f5e5768fbaf085f13bb2b6ec31 (resized).jpgf1a74517454824a67373a8e466e1984430b316a5 (resized).jpgf1a74517454824a67373a8e466e1984430b316a5 (resized).jpg
#13992 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

This was in the coin box and I’m not sure where to plug it in. I know it goes in the back right corner bye the bat signal light just not sure where the wires plug in at. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.[quoted image]

I did not get one with my Catwoman edition...???

#13993 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I did not get one with my Catwoman edition...???

Not a factory mod, he probably bought the pin used and the previous owner didn't install the mod.....

#13994 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I'm glad stern was nice enough (or maybe just lazy) to include the SLE batsignal connection plug in the LE and premium machines so we can have access to that software controlled output for the mini batsignal.

If you want to mount the batsignal using the existing stern hole in the Riddler plastic you need to remove the small screw on the bottom base and replace it with a longer #4 x 3/4" screw with a #6 washer. The Riddler plastic also has a convenient notch on the top edge nesr Chieh O'hara to route the batsignal wire through. I like mounting it using the screw but you could also use double sided foam tape if you wanted to move it to a different location.
8a0c3851f494f699abe4132594912f52199df949 (resized).jpg8a0c3851f494f699abe4132594912f52199df949 (resized).jpg
d72c191e8acfcbaa50eb6209cf539a351050efea (resized).jpgd72c191e8acfcbaa50eb6209cf539a351050efea (resized).jpg
2643d79e9aac22ed457dc4cec92e8adefceb8e6c (resized).jpg2643d79e9aac22ed457dc4cec92e8adefceb8e6c (resized).jpg325e56d3ebceda60fd8bdb5fb4cb3134bdc96604 (resized).jpg325e56d3ebceda60fd8bdb5fb4cb3134bdc96604 (resized).jpg

#13995 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'm glad stern was nice enough (or maybe just lazy) to include the SLE batsignal connection plug in the LE and premium machines so we can have access to that software controlled output for the mini batsignal.
If you want to mount the batsignal using the existing stern hole in the Riddler plastic you need to remove the small screw on the bottom base and replace it with a longer #4 x 3/4" screw with a #6 washer. The Riddler plastic also has a convenient notch on the top edge nesr Chieh O'hara to route the batsignal wire through. I like mounting it using the screw but you could also use double sided foam tape if you wanted to move it to a different location.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just installed the bat signal... thanks for all the info to all that replied.

959B6EA0-7007-447B-9B18-AAAB954F385B (resized).jpeg959B6EA0-7007-447B-9B18-AAAB954F385B (resized).jpeg
#13996 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

doc's excellent projector:

38272561_1771724782942278_5442241721771491328_n (resized).jpg38272561_1771724782942278_5442241721771491328_n (resized).jpg

#13997 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

doc's excellent projector:
[quoted image]

Dam that is a Beautiful gameroom and space!!!! love it.

#13998 4 years ago

So a couple of things.

My COMPUTER target doesnt register unless hammered, and thats 50/50. The other one (crime analyzer?), is properly responsive.

I didnt look in there yet. Is that as simple of an adjustment as most leaf switches?

The problem that bugs me most still, is that my left flipper being held at ball launch does NOT open the gate and activate super skill shot. (It used to ). And....... if I hand plunge us8ng the plunger instead of the gadget button, about 1-2 seconds after I launch the ball, the auto launch fires, like it thinks a ball is there.

Any ideas?

Edit: I thought I’d add that in self test all gates seem to work properly. As well as during game play.

#13999 4 years ago

Enhancing the Atomic Pile mod a little....

D3283980-821F-40F8-BD8F-7FEA7CA4CFDE (resized).jpegD3283980-821F-40F8-BD8F-7FEA7CA4CFDE (resized).jpeg
#14000 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

So a couple of things.
My COMPUTER target doesnt register unless hammered, and thats 50/50. The other one (crime analyzer?), is properly responsive.
I didnt look in there yet. Is that as simple of an adjustment as most leaf switches?
The problem that bugs me most still, is that my left flipper being held at ball launch does NOT open the gate and activate super skill shot. (It used to ). And....... if I hand plunge us8ng the plunger instead of the gadget button, about 1-2 seconds after I launch the ball, the auto launch fires, like it thinks a ball is there.
Any ideas?
Edit: I thought I’d add that in self test all gates seem to work properly. As well as during game play.

Does the switch in the shooter lane seem to work properly in diagnostics?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 34.99
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/280?hl=yfichelle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.