IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 374.
#13901 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I think I got it.[quoted image]

I am installing mine now.... how did you "bend" that rail up to install the eject protector....?? mine does not want to budge...

eject (resized).JPGeject (resized).JPG
#13902 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I am installing mine now.... how did you "bend" that rail up to install the eject protector....?? mine does not want to budge...[quoted image]

It was WORK. I wiggled it back and forth a ton. Got my hand underneath and kept attempting a powerful yet controlled lift so I didnt yank it to the ceiling. Did that for about 10 minutes and it finally came out. Reinstallation was very simple.

#13903 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I am installing mine now.... how did you "bend" that rail up to install the eject protector....?? mine does not want to budge...[quoted image]

same here, i took a pair of pliers with a rubber handle and held it under the bar and pushed up. i also put a rag on the playfield so i did not scratch the clear coat with the other end of the pliers while prying the bar up.

#13904 4 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

same here, i took a pair of pliers with a rubber handle and held it under the bar and pushed up. i also put a rag on the playfield so i did not scratch the clear coat with the other end of the pliers while prying the bar up.

I "jiggled" forever... light squirt of WD40 with a rag to wipe up any excess... came loose easy....

#13905 4 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

TronGuy
2 nuts shown by red arrow and the unplug all cables from the orange arrow. Easy.[quoted image]

Sutol Are the 2 red arrows the nuts to remove the right ramp? I've tried several times to find them to adjust my playfield protector.

#13906 4 years ago
Quoted from mkk629:

I'm finally joining the club with a recently purchased used/HUO Premium with a December 13, 2018 birthdate. Previous owner took really good care of it and added art blades and a number of mods. I've added a few Heroclix figures and several 3d printed/painted classic logos to the coin door and speaker panels. Not sure if it came with it or the original owner added it, but is also has a signed Adam West card. I wanted one when they originally came out, but now glad I waited as Stern appears to have corrected a number of early issues with the more recently produced ones.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations! Those speaker panels looks amazing, I have Heroclix too and I think that those are a great option not just for all the figures that they made, but also the size of them.
Your card looks amazing too!

Regards

#13907 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I have Heroclix too and I think that those are a great option not just for all the figures that they made, but also the size of them.

I also have the heroclix figures, I have the sub-villains on the outlanes 3 per side, and have the joker penguin, catwomen and riddler on the atomic core mod just like in the video when multi-ball starts up showing the batcave.

#13908 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Sutol Are the 2 red arrows the nuts to remove the right ramp? I've tried several times to find them to adjust my playfield protector.

Yeah that's the two. It took me a while to locate them originally but I've had that right assy off a good few times now so it's now an easy find.

#13909 4 years ago

Morning - Does anyone know where you can find a set of side armor for the premium? Does anyone want to sell me a set? Hopefully Stern will make more.

#13910 4 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Morning - Does anyone know where you can find a set of side armor for the premium? Does anyone want to sell me a set? Hopefully Stern will make more.

Last I looked Steve at Pinball Refinery was selling a kit. Good luck on an Awesome game!

#13911 4 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Another Cliffy install ? Looks like the upper kickout liner requires some drilling to attach...???

#13912 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Another Cliffy install ? Looks like the upper kickout liner requires some drilling to attach...???

Nope, no drilling required, the protector does go in a certain way to work correctly. I think I explain the process in the video.

#13913 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Last I looked Steve at Pinball Refinery was selling a kit. Good luck on an Awesome game!

Yelobird, if you and Adborto are talking about the bat wing armor that is a no. I ordered the set from Steve initially thinking I was getting the BatWing powder coated armor according to the pics on his site. Steve called me and as we were talking it sounded like he powdercoated the Triangle shaped side rails armor instead. I asked if it was the batwing armor that was powdercoated and Steve said no, it was the lolipop. I ordered the batwing armor at the time from CoinTaker, had it sent to Steve, and took the lolipop armor and put it on my Star Wars. Steve does list in txt that it is the lolipop armor, but I did not read and just looked at the pics thinking that is how the set came.

#13914 4 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Nope, no drilling required, the protector does go in a certain way to work correctly. I think I explain the process in the video.

Video...? I dont see the holes for these screws...?

screws (resized).JPGscrews (resized).JPG
#13915 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Video...? I dont see the holes for these screws...?[quoted image]

those screw in pretty easily. No drilling required. removing that coil or whatever it is, next to that area makes it much easier to install

#13916 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Video...? I dont see the holes for these screws...?[quoted image]

It was so long ago I forgot that screws were in that protector. Yeah, i just screwed them into the protector without drilling.

#13917 4 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

It was so long ago I forgot that screws were in that protector. Yeah, i just screwed them into the protector without drilling.

The instructions also call for adding a washer....not in the kit.....

"Install washer under far end of switch to tilt the trigger lever into the hole"

washer (resized).JPGwasher (resized).JPG
#13918 4 years ago

If anyone with an Adam West autographed card would be interested in selling (for a realistic price), please let me know. I also have a large set of Topps cards, so I can trade any one of your choosing so you are not without a card in your game.

Similarly if anyone has a signed flyer (from the launch party?), please let me know.

#13919 4 years ago

joining the club! just put $$ in for a catwoman edition.

what are everyone's favorite mods?

#13920 4 years ago
Quoted from calsheimer:

Yelobird's Atomic Pile and Speaker Light Kit
Docquest's Batsignal Topper

#13921 4 years ago
Quoted from calsheimer:

ChromeCandy Metal Bat-Symbol for lock down bar...

#13922 4 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

I'm in the same boat as you - needing a set of this armor. I just got off the phone with Melissa @ Cointaker and she confirmed that the armor kits are sold out everywhere and Stern would indeed have to make another run if we are to see any more. I'm hoping that Stern takes into consideration the demand for that specific product for all the folks who are in what's likely considered "the last call" group.

#13923 4 years ago
Quoted from calsheimer:

Read up in the thread. There have been lots of discussion and pictures about this. Recently too.

#13924 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Read up in the thread. There have been lots of discussion and pictures about this. Recently too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/267#post-5008348

#13926 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

The instructions also call for adding a washer....not in the kit.....
"Install washer under far end of switch to tilt the trigger lever into the hole"[quoted image]

My switch works fine without the washer, if it stops working then I will add it. Thanks for the heads up

#13927 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Yep, this is a great post. Thanks WhiskeyTango

agreed! thank you!

#13928 4 years ago

I wasn't happy with the Julie Newmar card that came with my Catwoman (since it didn't actually have Catwoman on it)... so I 'lifted' her signature from my original card and made a few stand-ins that I can alternate... I will keep the original in a protective cover in the coin box (for the next owner) but nothing wrong with having something that looks more appropriate in the meantime.
IMG_3477 (resized).jpgIMG_3477 (resized).jpg

#13929 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I wasn't happy with the Julie Newmar card that came with my Catwoman (since it didn't actually have Catwoman on it)... so I 'lifted' her signature from my original card and made a few stand-ins that I can alternate... I will keep the original in a protective cover in the coin box (for the next owner) but nothing wrong with having something that looks more appropriate in the meantime.
[quoted image]

I like what you’ve done. Please explain the way you lifted the signature as I’m going to do it as well.

#13930 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I like what you’ve done. Please explain the way you lifted the signature as I’m going to do it as well.

It’s all Photoshop, I bought the alternate cards on eBay and then scanned them along with my original signed card. Isolated the signature from my original card to then be able to place wherever I wanted on the new ones. Color corrected everything for print and then output on heavy card stock. Under the plexi protector in the game they are quite convincing.

The other thing I was thinking of trying is printing the appropriately positioned signature on clear film and then cutting it to the same size as its associated card. That way I can have the original card in there with signature overlay. Under the game plexi I doubt you would be able to tell. However, what I currently have looks great so I think i can put the paintbrush down for now.

#13931 4 years ago

Not up there with some of the crazy scores I've seen, but here's my new GC!

Was a couple Tut shots away from starting my third minor villain mode. Super fun game!

IMG_20190704_154659_01_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20190704_154659_01_01 (resized).jpg
#13932 4 years ago

Someone was asking about the winged armor. I recently got this set from Pinball Refinery.

They did an unbelievable job with the powder coating!

I plan to use them again!
20190614_184919 (resized).jpg20190614_184919 (resized).jpg

#13933 4 years ago

Ok so holding down the left flipper at ball launch, is now NOT opening the gate for the super skill shot.

I go take a look and the gate seems flimsier than I think it should be.

I look underneath, and I believe I am missing a screw/bolt?

The bonus the the fucking rut being dug into my play field due to the flimsy gate.

922CDDAC-645D-4942-957F-A2FC98BB4190 (resized).jpeg922CDDAC-645D-4942-957F-A2FC98BB4190 (resized).jpeg0B994FA3-1749-4AE5-83D8-0F7765CD3115 (resized).jpeg0B994FA3-1749-4AE5-83D8-0F7765CD3115 (resized).jpegE0A1AD2D-72DB-4B47-8ED1-012FE2F02793 (resized).jpegE0A1AD2D-72DB-4B47-8ED1-012FE2F02793 (resized).jpeg
#13934 4 years ago

I found the missing screw in the bottom of the cab.

I reinstalled it, but it is basically stripped. It is in there, and “mildly” snug, but its going to fall out again,
In my opinion.

#13935 4 years ago

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could help me with a solution to this problem on my BM66.

Almost every time I get a 6-ball multiball going, I get a stuck ball just below the top left lane, above the pop bumpers and underneath the back of the top right ramp. There is a little gap there that a ball always manages to nestle into, and then it blocks the rest of the balls from passing through the top left lane and they all get stuck there in a traffic jam. What do I need to adjust to stop the first ball from getting stuck in this spot?

I'll attach a couple images for you, taken from different angles, but both show the spot I am referring to. Sorry they are out of focus, but this should illustrate what I am talking about. The first image is taken from the back of the machine and shows a ball stuck in that spot. The second image is looking into the gap that I am referring to without a ball in it. I can post more images for you, including one with a log jam of balls, if that would be helpful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this keeps requiring me to interrupt wizard modes, remove the glass, dislodge the log jam of balls, and ruin my great games. Thanks very much.
batman66 stuck ball left lane (resized).jpgbatman66 stuck ball left lane (resized).jpgbatman66 gap (resized).jpgbatman66 gap (resized).jpg

#13936 4 years ago

That is happening with mine as well. I assume it is because I inadvertently removed a rubber from there during other rubber installation. I am now leaning towards getting a huge round rubber ball or something to slam onto a post to keep it from getting stuck.

Edit
That pic looks like you are missing the same rubber that I am.

#13937 4 years ago

Interesting...I haven't removed any rubbers at all...

#13938 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I reinstalled it, but it is basically stripped. It is in there, and “mildly” snug, but its going to fall out again,
In my opinion.

One thing you can do is stick a wooden toothpick in the hole and then reinstall the screw / break off the extra toothpick protruding. This little trick has helped me out numerous times in the arcade restoration world. I know it's not ideally what you want to be doing on a 7K+ machine but it should allow you to properly snug the screw and keep if from coming out any more.

#13939 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

In my opinion.

Is it a wood screw going into the playfiled or a threaded bolt going into a thread hole?

If it's a wood screw but doesnt grab anymore you can plug the hole and then redrill it. Bamboo chopsticks from your local chinese restaurant are nice and hard and can be used with a little wood glue to plug the hole. Once the glue is dry the screw should go in nice and tight be pretty solid.

If it's a threaded bolt going into a plate and the hole is stripped than you need to retap the hole to be a little bigger and get a fatter bolt to go in there. Its it's going into a t nut and that got stripped, you need to replace the t nut.

#13940 4 years ago

Yeah I was going to do something. Maybe a piece of double sided tape over the screw and screw it in.

My concern is the dry river bed in my playfield from that door malfunction.

#13941 4 years ago

so I got the swinging gate mounted properly again, but my super skill shot still isn't working. HOlding the left flipper does NOT open up that gate (different gate than the one that ruined my play field).

#13942 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

so I got the swinging gate mounted properly again, but my super skill shot still isn't working. HOlding the left flipper does NOT open up that gate (different gate than the one that ruined my play field).

Does it open other times during gameplay or during diagnostics test?

#13943 4 years ago

Maybe someone can tell by looking at my pic. Did there used to be a connection the swinging gate, and the little gate that lifts to let the ball through for super skill shot? If so, some piece of metal is broken off and lost somewhere on my playfield.

AA477F26-8E3A-4319-B162-8C27C5FA0CF5 (resized).jpegAA477F26-8E3A-4319-B162-8C27C5FA0CF5 (resized).jpeg
#13944 4 years ago

Nope no connection, that looks right.

#13945 4 years ago

thanks.

I guess I have a separate issue with that little black door not opening up then. sweet

#13946 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Does it open other times during gameplay or during diagnostics test?

guess I need to go find out.

#13947 4 years ago

"POP! Topper"

IMG_3728 (resized).JPGIMG_3728 (resized).JPG
#13948 4 years ago

ok the small black gate lifts in test mode (and I think it was working fine in game play as well).

The playfield destroying ( ) gate works in test mode as well.

The small black gate doesn't lift when I hold the left flipper now, for some reason.

#13949 4 years ago

66333698_2278722828909135_8309207420635185152_n (resized).jpg66333698_2278722828909135_8309207420635185152_n (resized).jpg

holy new ramp . - thanks Sutol

#13950 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

[quoted image]
holy new ramp . - thanks sutol

Its super fast and smooth!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.99
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 210.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/279?hl=colinize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.