IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 374.
#13751 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

These high scores....looks like I need to pull the glass to "check" all the switches

No glass pulling here, just a lot of minor villains. Both outlines are wide open and all the settings are factory.

#13752 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

These high scores....looks like I need to pull the glass to "check" all the switches

It’s all about the multipliers and of course getting those minor villains. Normally my scores are only a few hundred million in a good game... but get things lined up and BOOM! My previous gc was under a billion. In this game I had about 1.6b on ball 1... and that’s what enabled the rest of the game. I mean when you can play with 3x pf untimed.... with all the other boosting available? It gets nutty.

Mr freeze is killer for those multipliers

#13753 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Not bad for owning it less than 24 hours.
[quoted image]

Well guess I should just quit this pinball hobby since I can’t get scores like this even though I’ve had Batman for a pretty long time . Guess anyone wanna buy my shit Batman pin?

#13754 4 years ago

maybe this is the wrong place, but these parts did come off of my batman 66.

Is there any resale value in the side rails and back box hinge metals that I pulled off of the game?

#13755 4 years ago

How much shaker interaction is there? At what points in the game does it go off?

#13756 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Well guess I should just quit this pinball hobby since I can’t get scores like this even though I’ve had Batman for a pretty long time . Guess anyone wanna buy my shit Batman pin?

Dont worry you're not alone. I've had my Batman since the initial run and also dont see those multi billion point scores. It's all good though, I play for fun not points. Batman66 delivers more fun for me than any of my other pins.

#13757 4 years ago

Having a slight issue with my B66, balls with often hit the Mystery/TV slot but just bounce out. What is the best cure here? Drop dead foam perhaps?

#13758 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

How much shaker interaction is there? At what points in the game does it go off?

There’s not a ton. When a villain goes to jail you get a very heavy rumble but other than that not a lot. I was used to Iron Man where it made a big difference, but here not so much IMHO.

#13759 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Is there any resale value in the side rails and back box hinge metals that I pulled off of the game?

Not really. I threw out the ones off of my KISS. I listed them as make offer and didnt get one email. My BM66 ones I gave away for free. I did ask that the buyer pay shipping. But it wouldnt hurt to at least try to sell them.

#13760 4 years ago

Got my Catwoman badge yesterday. It looks awesome and is very well done. Totally professional. @jp335i nailed it.

A02A1A17-8552-4ED4-BCB4-1D6E68D0EFE3 (resized).jpegA02A1A17-8552-4ED4-BCB4-1D6E68D0EFE3 (resized).jpeg

#13761 4 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Having a slight issue with my B66, balls with often hit the Mystery/TV slot but just bounce out. What is the best cure here? Drop dead foam perhaps?

I used some target foam. It really helped with bounce outs. I think I have two pieces back there.

#13762 4 years ago

Thoughts on playfield protector on this game...?? I am newb....

#13763 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Thoughts on playfield protector on this game...?? I am newb....

Get one!

#13764 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Dont worry you're not alone. I've had my Batman since the initial run and also dont see those multi billion point scores. It's all good though, I play for fun not points. Batman66 delivers more fun for me than any of my other pins.

Agreed here.....don't get discouraged, love this game!!! I generally play a long session just trying to replace one of my lame high scores on the board....a win for me...

#13765 4 years ago

Still confused about how to really rack up the big scores. My strategy has been Mad Hatter in season 1, then Tut in season 3, and then I can replay and save progress going forward. I complete Freeze in season 2 and then do one of the wizard modes.

I was a couple shots away from starting another minor villain wizard mode, yet my score was only 5.7 B!

How do you guys get 50+ billion???

#13766 4 years ago

I can’t even get your 5 billion!

#13767 4 years ago

Still confused about how to really rack up the big scores. My strategy has been Mad Hatter in season 1, then Tut in season 3, and then I can replay and save progress going forward. I complete Freeze in season 2 and then do one of the wizard modes.
I was a couple shots away from starting another minor villain wizard mode, yet my score was only 5.7 B!

I go freeze first, then mad hatter, then tut.

The key to putting up scores in billions? Need to play for like 45 minutes. When I put up 244 billion, it was a 45 minute game.

#13768 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I go freeze first, then mad hatter, then tut.
The key to putting up scores in billions? Need to play for like 45 minutes. When I put up 244 billion, it was a 45 minute game.

My game was probably half hour... But after freeze/hatter/Tut, who do you pick to get those scores?

And is there anything you do with major villains? I try to jail two of them quickly to get the extra ball.

#13769 4 years ago

Just joined the club

4A84B936-6FFF-4737-B210-00477072F8AE (resized).jpeg4A84B936-6FFF-4737-B210-00477072F8AE (resized).jpeg636F2748-128A-4528-A6BF-DF40B68EBCBF (resized).jpeg636F2748-128A-4528-A6BF-DF40B68EBCBF (resized).jpeg
#13770 4 years ago

Bookworm is important to do before Mr. Freeze so that villain awards carry ball to ball. Mr. Freeze is the villain that helps get the big scores, he freezes hurry ups and timers meaning that bat turn or playfield multipliers will run for your entire ball. Also there's no rushing to complete minor villains anymore as the timer is frozen. Stacking frozen Egghead into a multiball with multipliers running gave me around 9 billion from his mode alone. (I probably had 2 or 3x from Tut as well)

King Tut is the next helper on the way to big points, each completion of Tut after the first will give you a "main channel" multiplier. The main channel is whichever mode is running on the LCD/dmd, it maxes out at 5x.

Other than those, shot multipliers are earned from commissioner Gordon hits. The final shot x maxes out at 6x. So with EVERYTHING stacked you could have a single shot on the game worth 90X Everytime you hit it.

There is a detailed rulesheet on tilt forums if you want to learn more.

#13771 4 years ago

Installed Plastic protectors... need some adjustment....lol

PP (resized).JPGPP (resized).JPG
#13772 4 years ago

Also got my helicopter in.... wife had a nice red hanger which I stole.....

heli (resized).JPGheli (resized).JPG
#13773 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Bookworm is important to do before Mr. Freeze so that villain awards carry ball to ball. Mr. Freeze is the villain that helps get the big scores, he freezes hurry ups and timers meaning that bat turn or playfield multipliers will run for your entire ball. Also there's no rushing to complete minor villains anymore as the timer is frozen. Stacking frozen Egghead into a multiball with multipliers running gave me around 9 billion from his mode alone. (I probably had 2 or 3x from Tut as well)
King Tut is the next helper on the way to big points, each completion of Tut after the first will give you a "main channel" multiplier. The main channel is whichever mode is running on the LCD/dmd, it maxes out at 5x.
Other than those, shot multipliers are earned from commissioner Gordon hits. The final shot x maxes out at 6x. So with EVERYTHING stacked you could have a single shot on the game worth 90X Everytime you hit it.
There is a detailed rulesheet on tilt forums if you want to learn more.

Awesome! I'm going to try that out. But I think I'm a little bit confused. I just played a game and I completed freeze first. When I started other minor villain modes the timer was not frozen???

#13774 4 years ago

Awesome! I'm going to try that out. But I think I'm a little bit confused. I just played a game and I completed freeze first. When I started other minor villain modes the timer was not frozen???

His power only lasts for the current ball, unless you beat bookworm first, or beat bookworm after freeze during the same ball.

#13775 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

His power only lasts for the current ball, unless you beat bookworm first, or beat bookworm after freeze during the same ball.

Hmmmmm... So bookworm followed by freeze is the better approach?

#13776 4 years ago

Hmmmmm... So bookworm followed by freeze is the better approach?

Yes, because if you fail to beat bookworm in the same ball after beating freeze you lose the freeze power.

#13777 4 years ago

Is catwoman ed the new luci?

#13778 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Yes, because if you fail to beat bookworm in the same ball after beating freeze you lose the freeze power.

So does Bookworm work on himself? Ie. If you complete Bookworm on ball 1, but drain before completing any other minors, his powers will carry over to the next ball(s)?

#13779 4 years ago

yeah I ended up loosening the lower portion of the wire ramp and centering it a bit, so the ball wouldn't continually drop onto the plastics.

#13780 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

yeah I ended up loosening the lower portion of the wire ramp and centering it a bit, so the ball wouldn't continually drop onto the plastics.

I did that it still would hang slightly.... took a dremel and a drum sand bit... took a little off the plastic...now nice and smooth

#13781 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So does Bookworm work on himself? Ie. If you complete Bookworm on ball 1, but drain before completing any other minors, his powers will carry over to the next ball(s)?

Yes, his power last for the whole game, just like mad hatter, and Tut's first power.

#13782 4 years ago

Time to get rid of the mr freeze/bookworm powers imho...it makes the whole game unbalanced.
(+ light shows + final wizard mode )

#13783 4 years ago

Is anyone else getting a crazy amount of dimples in front of the crane ball? There is a big line of them right in front of the ball at each umbrella. I'm getting a little worried that I might start losing chunks of the playfield at some point. None of my other games have this many dimples.

#13784 4 years ago

Is anyone else getting a crazy amount of dimples in front of the crane ball? There is a big line of them right in front of the ball at each umbrella. I'm getting a little worried that I might start losing chunks of the playfield at some point. None of my other games have this many dimples.

How old is your game?

#13785 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How old is your game?

I got it Thursday night, so about 3 days.

#13786 4 years ago

Welcome WildBill327!!! Glad you came!! Have fun,B safe,and oh,you gotta get some mods on that puppy!!!

#13787 4 years ago

Typical Stern build quality of the times unfortunately. That's why I always stress the use of playfield protectors.

#13788 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Typical Stern build quality of the times unfortunately. That's why I always stress the use of playfield protectors.

Do you notice a playability difference with the protector? I guess I could install one to mitigate the damage.

#13789 4 years ago

Do you notice a playability difference with the protector? I guess I could install one to mitigate the damage.

I have not seen any difference other than the ball plays smooth all the time without having to wax or clean the play-field. I have installed one on every pin I've owned.

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/28/Sales-Promotion

#13790 4 years ago

I have had mine a little over a week....good amount of play... no dimples at all....

#13791 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I have not seen any difference other than the ball plays smooth all the time without having to wax or clean the play-field. I have installed one on every pin I've owned.

What he said^

#13792 4 years ago

Batman'66 has notoriously soft playfields for most (all?) of the runs. The first ones, especially, were terrible. Some of the biggest craters in modern Sterns. You're not alone.

#13793 4 years ago

The Tut multiplier will continue from where you left off plus add one more if you complete another Tut on a new ball. Without Bookworm. ie, you had 2x on ball on ball 1. Drain. Multiplier goes to zero. Complete another Tut and you get 3x. I’ve gotten a decent score that way.

#13794 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

We put a playfield protector on everything we own too. Modern games have far too many playfield issues.

#13795 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We put a playfield protector on everything we own too. Modern games have far too many playfield issues.

Seriously huh?

How difficult or easy is it?

I can’t believe the game plays the same. I’d love hear some competitive players input on this topic.

#13796 4 years ago

After the the major villains were installed (thanks to Hallmark, still need Penguin tho) thought I'd give a little love to the minor villains. Just like a typical Egghead, he still didn't show up but his spot is reserved.

In addition I thought Penguin need a little recognition, so we tossed in a little Penguin represent, really I mean a little represent.

IMG_6555 (resized).JPGIMG_6555 (resized).JPGIMG_6556 (resized).JPGIMG_6556 (resized).JPGIMG_6557 (resized).JPGIMG_6557 (resized).JPG
#13797 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Seriously huh?
I can’t believe the game plays the same. I’d love hear some competitive players input on this topic.

Most tournament players are purists and incredibly anal about anything "foreign" added to the playfield. I'm sure most of them will not endorse a protector. I just want to enjoy my games and keep them looking great. Its that simple. You can wax or Novus the protector and it will play like lightning.

#13798 4 years ago

I put a protector on my BM66 before I played a ball. I notice zero differences in play. Will put one on all my games in the future. Very easy to install as well.

#13799 4 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

I put a protector on my BM66 before I played a ball. I notice zero differences in play. Will put one on all my games in the future. Very easy to install as well.

Is it Mylar? You don’t have to take anything off the playfield to do it?

#13800 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Seriously huh?

We have been in the hobby for a while so fitting the protector is not too hard for us. If you are unsure, do not attempt it.

You can alter how a game plays simply by polishing and or waxing a playfield. You can also alter how a game plays by using different polishes and waxes. We have a few games and I am not a fan of polishing or waxing. You can also alter how a game plays by changing the slope. Every game plays different. I am fussy with our games, I do not like the playfield chipping, scratching or dimpling. My issues so I do what I think is best for me.

Every time we drop over $10K on a game and we want to protect our investment, that is up to us. We love the hobby and we love our pinball machines.

If a playfield protector is not for you, do not do it. They are not for everyone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/276?hl=simbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.