IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 374.
#13601 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Check out Hardcandy metal bat emblem for the bat gadget button. Such a nice upgrade from the vinyl decal

Where?

#13602 4 years ago

Atomic Pile from Mod Couple....without question.

#13603 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

So new owner....what the must haves for this game? Cliifys, protectors....etc

Cliffies for sure.
Atomic Pile upgrade from Mod Couple FOR SURE. The Stern one is pathetic and looks nothing like the one from the show.
https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/stern-batman-66-custom-mods-collection/products/batman-66-custom-atomic-pile-mod-kit-lighted

Trim to finish off the bat computer look and cover the exposed wiring is not a bad upgrade:
https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/stern-batman-66-custom-mods-collection/products/batman-66-bat-computers-upgrade-kit

Batsignal in the upper right PF from doc is a good upgrade.
https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/stern-batman-66-custom-mods-collection/products/docquest-mini-bat-signal-interactive-game-playfield-mounted-batman-66

Hallmark batcopter for the left PF above GADGET targets is very nicely detailed and pretty inexpensive. Made the SLE one look like a joke.
https://www.amazon.com/Hallmark-Keepsake-Batcopter-Christmas-Ornament/dp/B01MTEK8BN

I didn't really like the plain backside of the crime analyzer upgrades (woodgrain didn't fit), and the back of the sign is right over the ball lock, so I made a "falling balls" warning sign for that area.

crime analyzer back (resized).jpgcrime analyzer back (resized).jpg
sticker-batman-installed (resized).jpgsticker-batman-installed (resized).jpg

left-pf (resized).jpgleft-pf (resized).jpgbatcopter (resized).jpgbatcopter (resized).jpg

Here's the falling balls sign. Click to get the full res version to save to your computer, then you can print this, cover it with mylar cut and stick. Looks great installed.

falling-balls1.pngfalling-balls1.png

#13604 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Cliffies for sure.
Atomic Pile upgrade from Mod Couple FOR SURE. The Stern one is pathetic and looks nothing like the one from the show.
https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/stern-batman-66-custom-mods-collection/products/batman-66-custom-atomic-pile-mod-kit-lighted
Trim to finish off the bat computer look and cover the exposed wiring is not a bad upgrade:
https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/stern-batman-66-custom-mods-collection/products/batman-66-bat-computers-upgrade-kit
Batsignal in the upper right PF from doc is a good upgrade.
https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/stern-batman-66-custom-mods-collection/products/docquest-mini-bat-signal-interactive-game-playfield-mounted-batman-66
Hallmark batcopter for the left PF above GADGET targets is very nicely detailed and pretty inexpensive. Made the SLE one look like a joke.
amazon.com link »
I didn't really like the plain backside of the crime analyzer upgrades (woodgrain didn't fit), and the back if the sign is right over the ball lock, so I made a falling balls sign for that area.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]
Here's the falling balls sign. Click to get the full res version to save to your computer, then you can print this, cover it with mylar cut and stick. Looks great installed.
[quoted image]

What did you use to mount the batcopter?

#13605 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

What did you use to mount the batcopter?

I just re-used the SLE crapcopter mount. However, it's just a coathanger-gauge wire zip-tied to the botton of the copter on the stock SLE helicopter. You can just cut up a coat hanger and bend one. It's not really that complicated.

These pics are the hallmark batcopter using the exact same method to attach it to the mount wire as the SLE came with. You can't really see the zipties once it's installed, but if you did white ziptie under and red for the back one, it would make it even better (Stern used black on the SLE, but that copter had gray landing gear).
batcopter-side (resized).jpgbatcopter-side (resized).jpgbatcopter-bottom (resized).jpgbatcopter-bottom (resized).jpg

#13607 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Yep, Cliffy's and plastic protectors.
If you really want to make it go over the top, check out TheModCouplePinball.com website and DocQuest's BatSignal.

Saw a cool phone LED mod....but shows sold out...

#13608 4 years ago

Anybody knows a source having the LE beacon (SP48) still available?

#13609 4 years ago

In Vireland's post with the photos above, in regard to the third picture from the top (the one with the shot of the playfield at an angle), I noticed that there are small little dimples on the surface. I have the same marks on my playfield as well (I've owned my BM66 since this past April). As this was my first NIB machine, I was wondering if this is normal wear and tear for a new machine like this? I'm thinking the playfield surface must be kind of soft to be leaving dimple marks like this.

Just wondering...

On a side note, I got my first Batusi yesterday; man, that was wild!

#13610 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

In Vireland's post with the photos above, in regard to the third picture from the top (the one with the shot of the playfield at an angle), I noticed that there are small little dimples on the surface. I have the same marks on my playfield as well (I've owned my BM66 since this past April). As this was my first NIB machine, I was wondering if this is normal wear and tear for a new machine like this? I'm thinking the playfield surface must be kind of soft to be leaving dimple marks like this.
Just wondering...

Actually there are a lot more dimples if you look further up towards the Carousel the dimples are even closer together. This is normal, steel ball wood surface something is going to give. Over time after many 1000's of the plays the surface will become pretty much compressed all over and they will be less noticeable again. It really don't matter how hard they clear coat etc.... dimples will happen not a matter of if but rather when.

#13611 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Actually there are a lot more dimples if you look further up towards the Carousel the dimples are even closer together...

Yes, I have indeed noticed this on mine.

This is normal, steel ball wood surface something is going to give. Over time after many 1000's of the plays the surface will become pretty much compressed all over and they will be less noticeable again. It really don't matter how hard they clear coat etc.... dimples will happen not a matter of if but rather when.

Thanks so much for this info; as I said, this was my first NIB, and I wasn't entirely sure if this was a normal state of affairs. Thanks for clearing that up; I feel much better!

#13612 4 years ago

I’ve noticed skid marks on mine on lower part of playfield. What do you all do to remove them?

#13613 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I’ve noticed skid marks on mine on lower part of playfield. What do you all do to remove them?

Skidmarks?? Do you mean black ball trails in the inlanes?? If so, Novus 1, and then replace all the black playfield rubber rings with Titans to help prevent them from coming back. It may take Novus 2 if the trails are extra stubborn, and always follow with a quality carnauba wax.

#13614 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I’ve noticed skid marks on mine

Oh the thoughts that ran through my mind LOL, yep just as AUKraut said novus polish, then I wax afterwards with pure carnauba wax on top and rubber changes.

#13615 4 years ago
Quoted from HansM:

Anybody knows a source having the LE beacon (SP48) still available?

I have one that I’m no longer using. PM me if you are interested.

#13616 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Skidmarks?? Do you mean black ball trails in the inlanes?? If so, Novus 1, and then replace all the black playfield rubber rings with Titans to help prevent them from coming back. It may take Novus 2 if the trails are extra stubborn, and always follow with a quality carnauba wax.

Even better, use naptha (lighter fluid).

#13617 4 years ago

Skid marks was probably not the best description! More like scratches from the ball skidding on the playfield from the flippers.

#13618 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Just wondering...

Batman'66 (at least the first run) had moderately crappy playfield wood. Stern playfields post-2008 vary from somewhat soft to decently hard these days, and it's pot luck what any specific run gets. Batman'66 was one of the worst ones for playfield hardness, which led to some pretty crater-y playfields pretty fast. It's not "normal" in a historical sense, but it's a "new normal" just like lots of other cost-cutting measures at Stern post 2008.

#13619 4 years ago

...novus polish, then I wax afterwards with pure carnauba wax on top and rubber changes.

When you say carnauba wax, can I assume that you mean anything that you would normally use on a car, like Maguiar's and such?

BTW, I used Novus 2 on the playfield yesterday (I noticed that it is part of the maintenance kit from Stern), and holy smokes, does the ball fly around now! I can only imagine what a coat of carnauba will do...

#13620 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

When you say carnauba wax, can I assume that you mean anything that you would normally use on a car, like Maguiar's and such?
BTW, I used Novus 2 on the playfield yesterday (I noticed that it is part of the maintenance kit from Stern), and holy smokes, does the ball fly around now! I can only imagine what a coat of carnauba will do...

Pretty much yes, I use Mother's and don't use any that have detergents in there for cleaning that can cause some abrasions in the clear coats. That's why I look for pure wax without those additives.

#13621 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

maintenance kit from Stern??

#13622 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

maintenance kit from Stern??

Yes, they have it listed on page 8 of the service and operation manual. Apparently, this is something that can be obtained from your local distributor.

#13623 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Novus 2 is good stuff...but I would suggest only using it when the dirt is stubborn enough to require it. For typical cleaning, Novus 1 does the job and is much less abrasive.

#13624 4 years ago

I think my machine came with code update

Is that the most up to date?

#13625 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I think my machine came with code update

Is that the most up to date?

Currently Yes.

#13626 4 years ago

May be sacreligous to post this in the BM66 owners thread, but if there are any DP owners lurking here I'm looking to trade my heavily modded BM66 Premium for a DP LE/Prem. Thoroughly enjoyed BM66 but ready to change things up and need to make room somehow.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/80906IMG_0993 (resized).jpgIMG_0993 (resized).jpg

#13627 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

May be sacreligous to post this in the BM66 owners thread, but if there are any DP owners lurking here I'm looking to trade my heavily modded BM66 Premium for a DP LE/Prem. Thoroughly enjoyed BM66 but ready to change things up and need to make room somehow.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/80906[quoted image]

That game is tricked out man. They don't seem to stay on the market long when listed.

#13628 4 years ago

I just found out I'm not getting my Catwoman until Thursday.

It was supposed to be tomorrow. I took off work and everything.

#13629 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

That sucks.... worth the wait though

#13630 4 years ago

This happened to me with my Catwoman as well ... i stayed home that day only to get a call from the freight company telling me the driver was in a wreck and they would have to re-deliver the following Monday (not a wreck in the truck but on his way to work. Driver was not hurt.)... I went and got the company truck and picked it up myself because I am impatient as hell.

#13631 4 years ago

Can anyone enlighten me on the Titan rubber kit. They have an LE batman66 kit.
That should work for a premium huh?

Or if anyone has better insight as to how I should put an order together, i am interested.

#13632 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Can anyone enlighten me on the Titan rubber kit. They have an LE batman66 kit.
That should work for a premium huh?
Or if anyone has better insight as to how I should put an order together, i am interested.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/750

#13633 4 years ago

What color is "Glow" that the kit specifies..? I looked for a color chart but could not find...

#13634 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

What color is "Glow" that the kit specifies..? I looked for a color chart but could not find...

Once you make an account and log in you can choose from a bunch of different colors.

#13635 4 years ago

Hello everybody. Is there a chance tu buy the topper of the LE game?

#13636 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Once you make an account and log in you can choose from a bunch of different colors.

I did but dont see a color chart... kit above shows Glow.... what is that..?

#13637 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I did but dont see a color chart... kit above shows Glow.... what is that..?

It glows with UV light and is semi- translucent with a greenish tint. Like this from their website:
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=150

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13638 4 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

Hello everybody. Is there a chance to buy the topper of the LE game?

Not unless you find an LE owner willing to sell you one and the boards in the backbox that control it. I know of two LE topper sales very early on, but expect you will have a very hard time finding an LE owner willing to sell theirs.

#13639 4 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:Hello everybody. Is there a chance tu buy the topper of the LE game?
Quoted from jfh:

Not unless you find an LE owner willing to sell you one and the boards in the backbox that control it. I know of two LE topper sales very early on, but expect you will have a very hard time finding an LE owner willing to sell theirs.

giphy-7.gifgiphy-7.gif
#13640 4 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

Hello everybody. Is there a chance tu buy the topper of the LE game?

Unlikely, AFAIK.

#13641 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Last call. If you’re on the fence about getting a game, contact your distributor.
All Catwoman Edition games will include a signed card, not just the first 100.[quoted image]

When will art blades be available..?

#13642 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

When will art blades be available..?

We’re dealing with Stern here. Could be three days, three months or three years ...

#13643 4 years ago

Playin with the wife. Decent first ball.

32F96A55-AB11-4A85-A4FB-F9CD95432B8C (resized).jpeg32F96A55-AB11-4A85-A4FB-F9CD95432B8C (resized).jpeg
#13644 4 years ago

Hi folks. Lifetime pinball player but first post so be gentle! I took the plunge... Ordered my Catwoman Batman yesterday, due to land here in oz in August. I have to say, compared to 'similar' games (in terms of modern tech and toys, code etc) Batman was a clear winner for me just ahead of Iron Maiden.. much preferred it to Munsters and DP and GOTG etc but I actually REALLY liked the Beatles pinball and you can't compare the 2 as they are completely different games. Was actually hard to decide (Something so instantly fun and addictive about the Beatles pin) I loved playing the Batman pin tho and the fact that it was last call to order one that day swayed me... counting down the days now till she arrives. Havent had a new pin before, last one was a Lethal Weapon 3 and Riverboat Gambler...

#13645 4 years ago
Quoted from simbob:

Hi folks. Lifetime pinball player but first post so be gentle! I took the plunge... Ordered my Catwoman Batman yesterday, due to land here in oz in August. I have to say, compared to 'similar' games (in terms of modern tech and toys, code etc) Batman was a clear winner for me just ahead of Iron Maiden.. much preferred it to Munsters and DP and GOTG etc but I actually REALLY liked the Beatles pinball and you can't compare the 2 as they are completely different games. Was actually hard to decide (Something so instantly fun and addictive about the Beatles pin) I loved playing the Batman pin tho and the fact that it was last call to order one that day swayed me... counting down the days now till she arrives. Havent had a new pin before, last one was a Lethal Weapon 3 and Riverboat Gambler...

Great stuff, you picked an awesome 1st new pin and will love it. Congrats!

#13646 4 years ago
Quoted from simbob:

IMHO, you have made the best choice. Lyman is the man...

#13647 4 years ago

36 hours to go until delivery...

I have my shaker motor all ready to go and my custom Catwoman badge is in the mail!

tenor.giftenor.gif

#13648 4 years ago

36 hours to go until delivery...
I have my shaker motor all ready to go and my custom Catwoman badge is in the mail!
[quoted image]

Also waiting on my Catwoman. I forgot I needed to order another shaker till you mentioned it

#13649 4 years ago

Yes I have mine coming with the shaker and mirror art blades too

#13650 4 years ago

Thanks for the photos of the copter wire mount Vireland, made installing one a breeze. Wasn’t sure if I wanted to put batgirl or copter there but I like the copter. Even made it hover over the ball trail and the rotor moves too with shaker motor and lots of action

0D1B5405-DCF6-4E1B-A680-93DFE8C42D37 (resized).jpeg0D1B5405-DCF6-4E1B-A680-93DFE8C42D37 (resized).jpeg351E570C-77DC-4D37-917E-EE02113DFA47 (resized).jpeg351E570C-77DC-4D37-917E-EE02113DFA47 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/273?hl=airplanequartet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.