Topic Stats

• 13,669 posts - Hot topic!
  • 501 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Breger1
  • Topic is favorited by 199 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,863 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0D1B5405-DCF6-4E1B-A680-93DFE8C42D37 (resized).jpeg
351E570C-77DC-4D37-917E-EE02113DFA47 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
32F96A55-AB11-4A85-A4FB-F9CD95432B8C (resized).jpeg
giphy-7.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0993 (resized).jpg
batcopter-bottom (resized).jpg
batcopter-side (resized).jpg
batcopter (resized).jpg
left-pf (resized).jpg
crime analyzer back (resized).jpg
sticker-batman-installed (resized).jpg
falling-balls1.png
20190614_184929 (resized).jpg
BM1 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 13669 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 274.
#13501 8 days ago

So, got a " Slam Tilt" reset the other night..Ended up power cycling as it never came back up properly.

Guess I haven't paid attention, but switch certainly isn't on coin door...Any thoughts, as I didn't even nudge when it happened

#13502 8 days ago

Ok, its in the house. The only damage to the box is that little wrinkle in the bottom corner of this pic.

I’ll report back later.

4E296EA2-E197-4E8B-82A3-D011AA0BAD1C (resized).jpeg
#13503 8 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

If you have the LE/SLE topper with the ceiling projector, that lights up under those conditions.

I don't have the topper or a LE/SLE, but I did add in the bat search light to the existing supplied hookup for it. In my mind I thought for some reason that although the orange arrow indicator is lit on the left orbit, being the screen is saying shoot for the bat signal at least the batman logo in the sky from the light would be lit or even the bat signal search light itself. I guess it's as Thundergod76 stated maybe this will be something addressed in the up coming code release when Lyman does some more polishing.

#13504 7 days ago

So i am about 30 minutes into my first plastic protector for the left/right slings. Anyone have insight?

It appears that I need to remove the dome and led strip below it? It wont unscrew. I’ll keep trying.

Edit: got em on. Now on to cliffys, inner side art, or headphone kit.

50A1B04B-A140-4A0D-8F37-4530374B8842 (resized).jpeg
#13505 7 days ago

I could use some insight on installing the penguin scoop cliffy.

#13506 7 days ago

Looks like i have a tiny chuck torn up on my playfield.

C90A94CC-9EEE-4A43-8262-9343277109F3 (resized).jpeg
#13507 7 days ago

This is the kind of stupid shit that has been happening all day. Either the bolts sent with the shaker motor are 1/4” too short, or I need to move this ground strap, from under where it appears the shaker motor goes. Honestly I may need longer bolts anyway. When I drop them in their holes for testing, 1 or 2 turns and they are tight. When I attempted the shaker motor install over the ground strap, only 1 bolt would tighten. The other 3 spun freely.

F0B1E331-8CD0-43FF-87BD-C057EE5E261B (resized).jpeg
#13508 7 days ago

I had some longer bolts on hand and went with those.

Any reason I would need this conn3ctor with a capacitor ?

C19973FB-38ED-4E38-8F45-49F8565B1DFB (resized).jpeg
#13509 7 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

This is the kind of stupid shit that has been happening all day. Either the bolts sent with the shaker motor are 1/4” too short, or I need to move this ground strap, from under where it appears the shaker motor goes. Honestly I may need longer bolts anyway. When I drop them in their holes for testing, 1 or 2 turns and they are tight. When I attempted the shaker motor install over the ground strap, only 1 bolt would tighten. The other 3 spun freely.[quoted image]

You don't need to move the ground strap. It's probably there on purpose for grounding.

Rob

#13510 7 days ago

Ok, I’ve owned the game for 8 hours. It is time to power it on. Got the side rails, most cliffys (gotta do the shooter lane still), plastics, inside side art, crane add on, speaker kit. Maybe more, I’m tired. Gonna play for a bit.

How d9 I set it for freeplay?

09FF1AD1-C85C-4CDD-8F16-6A9B92FDEF6A (resized).jpeg327EA213-216E-413F-9606-1779423D0B2A (resized).jpeg96CDA632-79A7-48EB-AB8F-E38E9F8B760D (resized).jpeg9D0B4B9E-4BA5-454A-9937-52936DC6E8FF (resized).jpegA981971F-2A06-4291-921D-1FA892B9B242 (resized).jpeg
#13511 7 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Any reason I would need this connector with a capacitor ?[quoted image]

May be one of the fix kits that wasn’t installed at the factory. Guessing the shaker motor one (and you don’t have a shaker motor). See if you have one inline to the shaker motor (if you have one) and see service bulletin 184.

Could also be an uninstalled one for the node board fix kit.

#13512 7 days ago

I installed a shaker motor. It does not currently any capacitor, diode, resistor between it and its connection to power.

#13513 7 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I installed a shaker motor. It does not currently any capacitor, diode, resistor between it and its connection to power.

Here’s a picture of where the capacitor goes on the board on the side of the cabinet from the shaker... (sorry it was quick and dirty).

D9146851-EB8F-4A80-8C5E-1D368AF2FE9C (resized).jpeg
#13514 7 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I had some longer bolts on hand and went with those.
Any reason I would need this conn3ctor with a capacitor ?

It is specifically recommend by Stern to address electrical noise on the 48v power source.

Notice: When using the Genuine Authorized Stern Shaker Motor Kit #502-5027-01 on Spike 1 and Spike 2 system games, it is required that the Cabinet Node Capacitor Kit be installed. This additional capacitor prevents mysterious SLAM TILT switch activations from occurring.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Stern-ShakerMotorAdvisory.pdf

#13515 7 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Looks like i have a tiny chuck torn up on my playfield.[quoted image]

Damn. I'd be pissed.

On a side note, I'm totally jealous. I haven't gotten mine yet. When did you order?

#13516 7 days ago

OK,this is the first one I've seen,and no pics of the backbox art!!also a Julie Newmar signed Batman Card! So,Stern could possibly put out a Joker,Penguin,Riddler,model with accompanying signed cards!!And by the way,TronGuy,a lot of us got our games totally fubar,right out of box!! I couldn't play mine for three weeks after it arrived cause the turntable was totally broke,among other things!!! Good to see Stern still has NO QC at all!!!! Go Stern

#13517 7 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

This is the kind of stupid shit that has been happening all day. Either the bolts sent with the shaker motor are 1/4” too short, or I need to move this ground strap, from under where it appears the shaker motor goes. Honestly I may need longer bolts anyway. When I drop them in their holes for testing, 1 or 2 turns and they are tight. When I attempted the shaker motor install over the ground strap, only 1 bolt would tighten. The other 3 spun freely.[quoted image]

I'm confused by this pic. My Batman and my Ghostbusters, for that matter, had the entire inside of the cab sprayed black. You seem to have no paint on your bottom panel. Guess Stern is using multiple cab mfgrs.

#13518 7 days ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

I'm confused by this pic. My Batman and my Ghostbusters, for that matter, had the entire inside of the cab sprayed black. You seem to have no paint on your bottom panel. Guess Stern is using multiple cab mfgrs.

all of my NIB sterns have been painted black on the inside (even my previous BM66) but my Catwoman edition is the first I've seen with the raw wood bottom on the inside.

#13519 7 days ago
Quoted from jp335i:

all of my NOB sterns have been painted black on the inside (even my previous BM66) but my Catwoman edition is the first I've seen with the raw wood bottom on the inside.

I believe when stern was using press boards on the bottoms they were painted black, now with real wood they are left natural. I guess they are trying to say "Hey look, we are increasing our build quality" statement.

#13520 7 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK,this is the first one I've seen,and no pics of the backbox art!!also a Julie Newmar signed Batman Card! So,Stern could possibly put out a Joker,Penguin,Riddler,model with accompanying signed cards!!

Given that Romero, Meredith and Gorshin can’t sign any more, probably not ...

#13521 7 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK,this is the first one I've seen,and no pics of the backbox art!!also a Julie Newmar signed Batman Card! So,Stern could possibly put out a Joker,Penguin,Riddler,model with accompanying signed cards!!And by the way,TronGuy,a lot of us got our games totally fubar,right out of box!! I couldn't play mine for three weeks after it arrived cause the turntable was totally broke,among other things!!! Good to see Stern still has NO QC at all!!!! Go Stern

I will get a pic of the side art. The backglass has some fine print saying something to the effect of:

CATWOMAN SIGNATURE EDITION

#13522 7 days ago

Just ordered my first NiB - Catwoman signature series. The family is excited! Can’t wait to get it

#13523 7 days ago

Im curious, for those who have the Catwomen edition, do they all have signed cards by Julie Newmar? Or is it just a select few? Also, did they take the catwomen scenes out that have Eartha Kitt in them?

#13524 7 days ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Im curious, for those who have the Catwomen edition, do they all have signed cards by Julie Newmar? Or is it just a select few? Also, did they take the catwomen scenes out that have Eartha Kitt in them?

The first 100 were to get autographed cards.

#13525 7 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I will get a pic of the side art. The backglass has some fine print saying something to the effect of:
CATWOMAN SIGNATURE EDITION

From 2 pages back...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/269#post-5030748

#13526 7 days ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Just ordered my first NiB - Catwoman signature series. The family is excited! Can’t wait to get it

It’s the Catwoman Premium.

They had her sign cards in 100 of them - so don’t be bummed if yours has no signature.

I would hate to see the pinball hobby fall to the “I bought it because it was signed by a B list celebrity” level ...

Oh wait ... maybe we are already there ...

Actually ... it was funny a few years back. Gary Stern came to NZ and was at my place. He had some signed translites to give away - the local Stern guy said “do you want Gary to sign your games?”

“Ummmm ... no ... not really”. Lol

I did win a TWD translite though!

rd

#13527 6 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Ok, I’ve owned the game for 8 hours. It is time to power it on. Got the side rails, most cliffys (gotta do the shooter lane still), plastics, inside side art, crane add on, speaker kit. Maybe more, I’m tired. Gonna play for a bit.
How d9 I set it for freeplay?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What method did you use to install the inside side art? Did you remove the playfield?

#13528 6 days ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I believe when stern was using press boards on the bottoms they were painted black, now with real wood they are left natural. I guess they are trying to say "Hey look, we are increasing our build quality" statement.

Or maybe it has to do with UL certification.

Rob

#13529 6 days ago
Quoted from beefzap:

What method did you use to install the inside side art? Did you remove the playfield?

No, I an a risk taker. I cleaned the sides of the cab with some rapid tac and a paper towel.
Then I pulled the backing off of the pinblades and sprayed the sticky side pretty heavily with rapid tac. Shoved them in the cab with the playfield down and figured it out. I had a hand squeegee ready when needed to flatten the art. At least twice on both sides I yanked it up after 5 minutes because I wasn’t happy with the placement. Another spray down of rapid tac and back in it went.

#13530 6 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It’s the Catwoman Premium.
They had her sign cards in 100 of them - so don’t be bummed if yours has no signature.
I would hate to see the pinball hobby fall to the “I bought it because it was signed by a B list celebrity” level ...
Oh wait ... maybe we are already there ...
Actually ... it was funny a few years back. Gary Stern came to NZ and was at my place. He had some signed translites to give away - the local Stern guy said “do you want Gary to sign your games?”
“Ummmm ... no ... not really”. Lol
I did win a TWD translite though!
rd

Yep, all preference and the signature for the same price did influence me buying it. I was going to get one anyway so i bought it a little sooner than planned. If they charged more for the signature I would of just bought the standard.

I made sure it was the 100 of the Signature series. It’s not my first pin just my first NiB.

#13531 6 days ago

What does this mean?

66FC58E0-1DDA-4232-92C2-D8F31629A84F (resized).jpeg
#13532 6 days ago

Technician alert on 1 ,8,9,10 not initialized.

FAC0016E-DA8A-4C63-ACD2-FE13A32467FE (resized).jpeg
#13533 6 days ago

Oh yeah, pic of back box .

C8FE0D92-9214-4C6F-9FD4-C13F95D26C33 (resized).jpeg
#13534 6 days ago

I also have an : OPERATOR ALERT

TOP EJECT DEVICE MALFUNCTION

The ball isnt registering up in that top scoop.

#13535 6 days ago

Sounds like maybe a larger molex isnt seated properly.

#13536 6 days ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Sounds like maybe a larger molex isnt seated properly.

In the back box I assume?

I’ll check.

Thanks!

I fixed the rear captive ball. The way I installed the tiny square cliffy may have been off. I tweaked the lever to the microswitch as well as installing that cliffy a little better.

#13537 6 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Looks like i have a tiny chuck torn up on my playfield.[quoted image]

Have you reported this to Stern. This would be a big deal to me.

#13538 6 days ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

Have you reported this to Stern. This would be a big deal to me.

I sent a picture to classic game rooms (place I bought it from). ignored. He responded to other things.

Maybe this will be obvious to some, but the node boards not responding is because the coin door was openwhich shuts off some HV. When I pulled the interlock (with coin door open), all was back to normal.

#13539 6 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I sent a picture to classic game rooms (place I bought it from). ignored. He responded to other things.
Maybe this will be obvious to some, but the node boards not responding is because the coin door was openwhich shuts off some HV. When I pulled the interlock (with coin door open), all was back to normal.

Strange... Does your game have an interlock switch? They removed those switches starting with GOT. My friends Batman does not have an interlock.
Please post a picture of it. Did it came that way from factory? Whats your build date?

#13540 6 days ago

For those modders who want a catwoman hallmark ornament the ornament factory is doing a 33% off sale with code "SUMMER33". It says they have limited quantity of catwoman left. The discount gets the pre-shipping price down to about $24 which is less than what you usually see them for on ebay.

https://www.hallmarkornaments.com/2016-CATWOMAN-Batman-LIMITED-QUANTITY_p_23454.html

Heres a detailed post on how to light up the diamond her hand.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/30#post-3581424

5f64700bd5198e389896690754076cde9ea065f2 (resized).jpg
#13541 6 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

For those modders who want a catwoman hallmark ornament the ornament factory is doing a 33% off sale with code "SUMMER33". It says they have limited quantity of catwoman left. The discount gets the pre-shipping price down to about $24 which is less than what you usually see them for on ebay.
https://www.hallmarkornaments.com/2016-CATWOMAN-Batman-LIMITED-QUANTITY_p_23454.html
Heres a detailed post on how to light up the diamond her hand.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/30#post-3581424[quoted image]

Keeps showing in stock then when adding to cart it's out of stock.

But they do have the Riddler in stock:

https://www.hallmarkornaments.com/2018-The-Riddler-Batman-LIMITED-EDITION_p_24801.html

#13542 6 days ago
Quoted from beefzap:

I found that removing the playfield makes it much easier to install the pin blade art. I pretty much watched the below video and did exactly as shown. It was really easy-

#13543 6 days ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Strange... Does your game have an interlock switch? They removed those switches starting with GOT. My friends Batman does not have an interlock.
Please post a picture of it. Did it came that way from factory? Whats your build date?

I can’t find it now , but I thought I saw a build day of may, 2019.

82ACC1F6-31BD-4C4F-A72E-47330D3B9C3A (resized).jpeg
#13544 6 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I can’t find it now , but I thought I saw a build day of may, 2019.

It's on the back of your lower cabinet not the backbox. My machine has a build date of Aug 2018 and no interlock switch.

#13545 6 days ago

A game like BM66 probably should have a safety interlock switch so the turntable doesn't move and hand cause injury. It's also a PITA troubleshooting some switches in test mode because coils stay active (balls release etc).

Rob

#13546 6 days ago

https://www.hallmarkornaments.com/2018-The-Riddler-Batman-LIMITED-EDITION_p_24801.html

Same here. Finally showing out of stock now. I went to lunch, then came back to see this and was gonna grab one. Grrr.

#13547 6 days ago

You might be able to get riddler cheaper on ebay. Catwoman seems to be the one that's is getting harder to find at a decent price.

This fall they will be releasing Batgirl as well as the Batboat.

Batboat2019 (resized).jpgBatgirl2019 (resized).jpg
#13548 6 days ago

This may be a dumb question, but did Stern have those cards rerun or did they shell out for a bunch of sealed sets of 30 year old cards? I've been researching and these cards were reissued in 1989.

#13550 6 days ago

Last call. If you’re on the fence about getting a game, contact your distributor.

All Catwoman Edition games will include a signed card, not just the first 100.

6369701A-C3CB-4EB1-A162-64D0D873EC1C (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
There are 13669 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 274.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside