IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 374.
#13451 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

For any Catwoman owners, I am making a custom badge for mine and will likely have a few extras made... these will be reverse printed on lexan and laser cut to match the original one. easy swap.
I've already rebuilt the Catwoman logo at high res but still need to do the same for the Batman logo and still playing around with the layout... here is a low-res preview of what I've put together so far.
[quoted image]

Cool, if it works out and you make some extras I’d be interested.

#13452 4 years ago

For any Catwoman owners, I am making a custom badge for mine and will likely have a few extras made... these will be reverse printed on lexan and laser cut to match the original one. easy swap.
Still playing around with the layout... artwork has all been re-created @ high-re but here is a low-res preview of what I've put together so far.
[quoted image]

Brilliant!

But I’m disappointed in Stern for not doing this in the first place, it’s still their anniversary game!

#13453 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Got a quick question before I have to dig into it too much. I'm not able to start Bat Turn mode. I checked manually with my hand and no matter how precise the shot, Bat Turn will not start when lit. I also tested with Bookworm mode since I know his first shot is that same one. It works fine, but does not pass through. I'm not seeing (visually) a second switch for the exit of that shot, so I'm not sure why Bat Turn won't start. Is there an exit switch I'm missing that needs to be troubleshot?

I know some of you guys have had the game long enough to have taken the turntable apart. Any ideas on my issue here?

#13454 4 years ago

I know some of you guys have had the game long enough to have taken the turntable apart. Any ideas on my issue here?

It sounds like the stand up target inside the "batcave" isn't registering. That's the switch for bat-turn, playfield multipliers, and some SJPs.

#13455 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

It sounds like the stand up target inside the "batcave" isn't registering. That's the switch for bat-turn, playfield multipliers, and some SJPs.

I'll give a closer look tonight. Thanks. Hopefully just a broken wire I can easily resolder.

#13456 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

That target is, indeed, not registering. Neither is the right side bat computer target. These seem to be the only 2 not working. I haven't dug into a spike game and I'm not seeing any easily reachable switch contact under this turntable monstrosity. Did the node bus test and all is well. Can't seem to get the node board test to do anything. Any ideas where to look next? (prays the answer is not pull the turntable)

#13457 4 years ago

That target is, indeed, not registering. Neither is the right side bat computer target. These seem to be the only 2 not working. I haven't dug into a spike game and I'm not seeing any easily reachable switch contact under this turntable monstrosity. Did the node bus test and all is well. Can't seem to get the node board test to do anything. Any ideas where to look next? (prays the answer is not pull the turntable)

Did you do a switch test?

#13458 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Did you do a switch test?

Yes. Those 2 are not working.

#13459 4 years ago

I am happy to join the club with a NIB Catwomen signed delivered yesterday !

#13460 4 years ago
Quoted from matbkk:

I am happy to join the club with a NIB Catwomen signed delivered yesterday !

geez, guess I should live in Bangkok and maybe I'd get mine faster.

congrats!

My local deliverer called today to deliver tomorrow. I wasn't home, my wife says , nope how about next friday. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

I gotta call them tomorrow and see if I can get it here tomorrow somehow.

#13461 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

geez, guess I should live in Bangkok and maybe I'd get mine faster.
congrats!

Thank you ! Actually they ship it by air it took only 5-6 days from Stern Factory to my door !

#13462 4 years ago

I would start with the physical troubleshooting then man. Follow your wires, pay attention to where they connect and look for things like crimps/ punchdowns/solder joints. That is general advice as I am not positive how those specific switches are connected. Hopefully its simply something disconnected or unplugged.

#13463 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I would start with the physical troubleshooting then man. Follow your wires, pay attention to where they connect and look for things like crimps/ punchdowns/solder joints. That is general advice as I am not positive how those specific switches are connected. Hopefully its simply something disconnected or unplugged.

Thanks. That's the issue here. Since these 2 switches are part of the turntable, there are no visible wires underneath. I fear I'm gonna have to pull the whole mech and disassemble til I find those wires.

#13464 4 years ago

I fixed Dan's Aerosmith that had a similar problem. There were 4 or 5 switches not registering. They all went to a single plug on a node. Two other switches on that plug were working.

The switches that were working were the first two on the ground loop. The switches further down the loop were the ones not working.

It turned out to be a broken ground wire between the second and third switch. A quick solder job fixed it right up.

Your issue sounds very similar.

#13465 4 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

I fixed Dan's Aerosmith that had a similar problem. There were 4 or 5 switches not registering. They all went to a single plug on a node. Two other switches on that plug were working.
The switches that were working were the first two on the ground loop. The switches further down the loop were the ones not working.
It turned out to be a broken ground wire between the second and third switch. A quick solder job fixed it right up.
Your issue sounds very similar.

Will you be around for a call later? I figured it would be something like that too, but I'm fearful the wires I need to access are buried under the turntable components.

#13466 4 years ago

Will you be around for a call later? I figured it would be something like that too, but I'm fearful the wires I need to access are buried under the turntable components.

I'll take a look under the hood when I get home and see what I can see.

#13467 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Go to the service menu and set the Penguin Lag Adjustment setting to zero and power cycle the machine.

crwjumper, thank you very much! That worked!

#13468 4 years ago

I’ve got this error message on my 2 days
Catwomen

Checking Node board
« 9 overcurrent detected »

Shall I be concerned ?

(Sorry for the s... picture)

18EC94CD-C880-480A-8D48-912DC4582E82 (resized).jpeg18EC94CD-C880-480A-8D48-912DC4582E82 (resized).jpeg
#13469 4 years ago
Quoted from matbkk:

Catwomen
Checking Node board
Shall I be concerned ?
(Sorry for the s... picture)[quoted image]

Never had that error before. I searched it on pinside and it sounds like a new diagnostic feature to identify led's or coils that may be shorted? You could take a look at all the items that are driven via node board 9. Definitely call Chas at Stern 1-800-kickers or your distributer.

#13470 4 years ago

Hay,TronGuy; any chance you would bring that pin to PAGG in October so we could all see one of these,please????

#13471 4 years ago
Quoted from matbkk:

Catwomen
Checking Node board
Shall I be concerned ?

I got this on my 3rd week of May 2019 build of IMDN on first boot. The error cleared and it hasn't come back.

#13472 4 years ago

I'm still waiting on the proof of the final plastic version but I went ahead and did a test print as just a vinyl decal to make sure I have size correct etc. I think it turned out well and honestly the decal would probably be just fine but it does lack that shine a plastic one will give. For those that reached out, I will circle back once I see the first one off.
IMG_3287 (resized).jpgIMG_3287 (resized).jpg

IMG_3280 (resized).jpgIMG_3280 (resized).jpg
#13473 4 years ago

These badges look awesome! Every Catwoman owner should have one.

#13474 4 years ago

I'm still waiting on the proof of the final plastic version but I went ahead and did a test print as just a vinyl decal to make sure I have size correct etc. I think it turned out well and honestly the decal would probably be just fine but it does lack that shine a plastic one will give. For those that reached out, I will circle back once I see the first one off.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Sign me up for one please. Great work!

#13475 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hay,TronGuy; any chance you would bring that pin to PAGG in October so we could all see one of these,please????

Possibly. I am out of town a good portion of Oct. and may not be able to attend.

#13476 4 years ago

Thanks. That's the issue here. Since these 2 switches are part of the turntable, there are no visible wires underneath. I fear I'm gonna have to pull the whole mech and disassemble til I find those wires.

This turned out to be that both of the targets in question were stuck closed. I was thrown off because neither was showing closed in the switch test. All good now. Thinking something is tightened too much from the top side and that's what caused it.

#13477 4 years ago

That looks so nice and what should have been done on all of them. Sign me up for one too!

#13478 4 years ago

It's gonna be weird for the second run purchasers of the cat woman signature edition that don't come with signatures.

#13479 4 years ago

It's gonna be weird for the second run purchasers of the cat woman signature edition that don't come with signatures.

From what I hear it’s not hard nor expensive to get Julie Newmar to sign one.

#13480 4 years ago

Looks great!!!!!

#13481 4 years ago

Those look sweet!! Put me on the list too please

#13482 4 years ago

No worries. I’m available to sign them.
1C7BBBA5-CCE6-4018-93A9-FF68404A160C (resized).jpeg1C7BBBA5-CCE6-4018-93A9-FF68404A160C (resized).jpeg

#13483 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

From what I hear it’s not hard nor expensive to get Julie Newmar to sign one.

Otherwise go to julienewmar.com and buy a personally signed photo for $35.

20190605_181406 (resized).jpg20190605_181406 (resized).jpg
#13484 4 years ago

I believe runs with non-signed cards will have a translite without “Signature Edition”

#13485 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:Never had that error before. I searched it on pinside and it sounds like a new diagnostic feature to identify led's or coils that may be shorted? You could take a look at all the items that are driven via node board 9. Definitely call Chas at Stern 1-800-kickers or your distributer.

Thank you. It is under warranty (4 days only) I will contact Chas, do you have his email as I am abroad so the 1-800-kickers might not work.

#13486 4 years ago

The one with the signed card are identified with a stamped « A » on the box.
Also I believe that Stern keep a record of the one shipped with the signature.

#13487 4 years ago
Quoted from matbkk:

Thank you. It is under warranty (4 days only) I will contact Chas, do you have his email as I am abroad so the 1-800-kickers might not work.

[email protected]

#13488 4 years ago

Thanks !!! I’ll post the solution.

#13489 4 years ago

I had thought about that so I figured I’d create a CATWOMAN Premium Edition version as well.

#13490 4 years ago

Sign me up as well!! Mine is on the way...

#13491 4 years ago

I'm not usually one for putting a lot figures on the playfield but I thought the Hallmark one would be a nice touch to round out the Catwoman motif. I shaped a piece of 16awg multi purpose wire and fit it to a small hole I drilled in her caboose (of course this is also when my wife decides to walk in and see what I'm up to) ... covered wire with heat shrink and secured to the post in the pop-bumper plastic. I know this has been done before so thank you for the idea.
IMG_3303 (resized).jpgIMG_3303 (resized).jpgIMG_3302 (resized).jpgIMG_3302 (resized).jpg

#13492 4 years ago

I'm not usually one for putting a lot figures on the playfield but I thought the Hallmark one would be a nice touch to round out the Catwoman motif. I shaped a piece of 16awg multi purpose wire and fit it to a small hole I drilled in her caboose (of course this is also when my wife decides to walk in and see what I'm up to) ... covered wire with heat shrink and secured to the post in the pop-bumper plastic. I know this has been done before so thank you for the idea.

Add a flickering cool white LED behind the jewel connected to GI and it looks amazing. If you move her up to the plastic next to the cat, her head can barely brush the glass and keep her completely still during gameplay.

#13493 4 years ago
Quoted from matbkk:

Catwomen
Checking Node board
Shall I be concerned ?

I had that error on mine for a different location. It was a small wire that one of the braids was not soldered well and had begin to touch another solder joint. I moved the wire back off of the short and re-soldered it and now all is well.

#13494 4 years ago

Question:

When starting a villain and you shoot the scoop to setup the bat poles shot for 2x scoring, and the game now prompts you to shoot for the bat signal shouldn't the bat signal light be on? I notice mine is never lit when it prompts me to shoot for it. Thanks

#13495 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Question:
When starting a villain and you shoot the scoop to setup the bat poles shot for 2x scoring, and the game now prompts you to shoot for the bat signal shouldn't the bat signal light be on? I notice mine is never lit when it prompts me to shoot for it. Thanks

The left orbit light is lit orange to signal what shot to hit.

#13496 4 years ago

Question:

Yes it would make sense to have the Batsignal lit but it's not. Hopefully Lyman will fix it in a future update. Maybe it's not in the code for all the Premium owners who added the Batsignal to the playfield.

#13497 4 years ago

Is there any advantage to the Catwoman version over the Premium, besides an art change, and reinforced corners on the cabinets?

#13498 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Is there any advantage to the Catwoman version over the Premium, besides an art change, and reinforced corners on the cabinets?

All Sterns are shipping with those new brackets and braces. That was implemented somewhere in the middle of Iron Maiden's initial run after complaints of split cabs right out of the box. My standard premium Batman has them and it was from the April run. IMO, if you aren't getting a Julie Newmar signature, avoid Catwoman edition.

#13499 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

same machine, some of the later run batman's had the corner reinforcements as well.

#13500 4 years ago

Question:

If you have the LE/SLE topper with the ceiling projector, that lights up under those conditions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/270?hl=jrm1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.