IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 374.
#13251 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I would redownload and then make sure it all looks get when you unzip it. No changes or difference with the latest patch.

If you're really concerned, you can download an image of the SD card and do a direct dump instead of upgrading from the machine.

#13252 4 years ago

is there an adjustment for the penguin scoop power? I looked for a while through the adjustment menu and didn't see anything.... hoping I missed it.

The ball makes it up for the most part but on occasion it takes a few tries to pop up on the ramp. Then sometimes it over shoots it and winds up in the shooter lane. Not real sure what to make of it.

#13253 4 years ago

Downloaded code on my Mac and then updated. Table froze once, but after restart seemed to go smoothly. Not really sure what to make of it? I've updated this machine so many times I've lost count. Maybe a problem with newer version of Winrar or something on my laptop it didn't like?

#13254 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Downloaded code on my Mac and then updated. Table froze once, but after restart seemed to go smoothly. Not really sure what to make of it? I've updated this machine so many times I've lost count. Maybe a problem with newer version of Winrar or something on my laptop it didn't like?

Could be an SD card issue.

#13256 4 years ago

I cleaned the playfield( Novus 1) and changed out balls. I am pretty darn certain that they are carbon steel, not chrome. The very first ball that hit the magnet stuck there until I shook it loose.
Even if it was chrome, would it magnetize that fast? Or is there a magnet adjustment I can make?

#13257 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Downloaded several times using different computers and different compression software with the same result...Which is after I download from Stern I extract and to my USB drive (As I have done many times before) and I will get two .SPK files and a compressed file. Usually I remember getting three .SPK files after decompressing. If I try to decompress the file I get an error stating it may be corrupted. Maybe I'll call Stern on Monday before I attempt and brick my machine. . Anyone else have any thoughts? Anywhere else that it can be downloaded?

Have you tried this?

Please download the free open source archive extractor. 7-Zip from this link http://www.7-zip.org/ and install before unzipping the game code

I use this now to extract all updates and don't have any issues

#13258 4 years ago

Hi Guys:

Just lowered the price of my 'like brand new' BM66, with only 159 plays!

I have my eye on another machine, so would someone please buy this from me???

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/79311

#13259 4 years ago

Has anyone changed out their auto plunger spring for a stronger one? If so, has it improved the plunge and what is the part# ?. I am currently set at the factory default and tried increasing the power which made it worse... now back to default but could be much better. There is a bit of loose back and forth play in the coil plunger as well.

#13260 4 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

Have you tried this?
Please download the free open source archive extractor. 7-Zip from this link http://www.7-zip.org/ and install before unzipping the game code
I use this now to extract all updates and don't have any issues

I did actually. In the end I was able to get it to update with no problems. Haven't determined what the actual issue was/is? We will see on the next one

#13261 4 years ago

Not a mod, but I must have this!!!

Screenshot_20190514-132522 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190514-132522 (resized).png
#13262 4 years ago

New Catwoman Edition

Stern-Batman-Premium-Catwoman-Edition (resized).jpgStern-Batman-Premium-Catwoman-Edition (resized).jpg
#13264 4 years ago

Whoa sweet!!

#13266 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

New Catwoman Edition[quoted image]

Real or want?

The game photo in the flyer is a mashup... new translite, but no
new plaque? so only thing would be translite and card? (and head art?)

#13267 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Real or want?
The game photo in the flyer is a mashup... new translite, but no
new plaque? so only thing would be translite and card? (and
head art?)

Looks like new head decals as well.

#13268 4 years ago

So lump these in the category of the kinds of builds stern would do on special days (mustang).. or 'last runs' (like ST). Small cosmetic tweaks, but that's about it. Tho catwoman seems more change than before..

Marketing I guess.. but I doubt it moves the needle much.. or drives demand/prices.

#13269 4 years ago

Would be great if they got Julie Newmar to do a couple custom callouts.

#13270 4 years ago

Meh! Translite looks bland and empty, backbox decals are nice but no real improvement over the LE cabinet art. And not changing the cabinet art is just lazy. If it’s real, it’s a complete failure imo.

#13271 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Meh! Translite looks bland and empty, backbox decals are nice but no real improvement over the LE cabinet art. And not changing the cabinet art is just lazy. If it’s real, it’s a complete failure imo.

The translite isn’t bad except for the use of the ‘Classic Series’ logo instead of the regular Batman logo. That really detracts from the Catwoman focus. (And the floating gold cat looks strange).

I agree that simply keeping the Premium cabinet art is lazy. Since it was promoted on Stern Insider I presume it’s real. I don’t think it’s a complete failure by any stretch but would have liked to see something more than a new translite and backbox panels. Let’s at least hope that Stern only used Catwoman cards for Julie to sign.

#13272 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Would be great if they got Julie Newmar to do a couple custom
callouts.

Maybe that’s something in the upcoming code release. Fingers crossed. But you would think they would have put that on the flyer.

#13273 4 years ago

Hey Stern - fix the left ramp for the Catwoman version. MK6PIN did it. Fixing a Catwoman ramp on the Catwoman Signature Edition sounds purfffect ...

(And make a thousand spares or so for those of us with other editions to buy)

#13274 4 years ago

I like the Premium art a lot, but in this case the cabinets art should have been a slight different(at least a darker color behind the Dynamic Duo, or just plain black). I hope that Stern think about a topper for this one too(like a couple of black cats) and Catwoman art blades as well.

#13275 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I like the Premium art a lot, but in this case the cabinets art should have been a slight different(at least a darker color behind the Dynamic Duo, or just plain black). I hope that Stern think about a topper for this one too(like a couple of black cats) and Catwoman art blades as well.

Stern should definitely make more Premium toppers. They're just about sold out everywhere. And those that still have some are starting to ask ridiculous prices (i.e KISS).

#13276 4 years ago

Joined the club yesterday. Haven't played this a ton but LOVE the theme and the little I played of it was a lot of fun.

Question, the cards on these...are they unique? I have a Premium, did they just buy a bunch of Topps packs and throw one on each machine or...?

#13277 4 years ago

I haven't played any of my other games since this arrived. That's never happened before. So immersive in a home environment I cant stop playing.

I got the spikes of death card.

#13278 4 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Question, the cards on these...are they unique? I have a Premium, did they just buy a bunch of Topps packs and throw one on each machine or...?

They are not unique, so yes.

#13279 4 years ago

Just join the club on Saturday, it took me hours to add cliffy’s and plastic protector and mods!

special thanks to:

docquest - for the Batman bat signal mod!

cadmium - sling protectors and bottom lane protectors, they look amazing.

20190511_203452 (resized).jpg20190511_203452 (resized).jpg20190514_125042 (resized).jpg20190514_125042 (resized).jpg20190514_125056 (resized).jpg20190514_125056 (resized).jpg20190514_125049 (resized).jpg20190514_125049 (resized).jpg
#13280 4 years ago
Quoted from kingau:

Just join the club on Saturday, it took me hours to add cliffy’s and plastic protector and mods!
special thanks to:
docquest - for the Batman bat signal mod!
cadmium - sling protectors and bottom lane protectors, they look amazing.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations!

Welcome to the club.

#13281 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I cleaned the playfield( Novus 1) and changed out balls. I am pretty darn certain that they are carbon steel, not chrome. The very first ball that hit the magnet stuck there until I shook it loose.
Even if it was chrome, would it magnetize that fast? Or is there a magnet adjustment I can make?

I have this same problem and just changed out the balls as well. And I’ve also mentioned on a FB thread that the magnet isn’t consistently catching the ball either and didn’t know if it’s just because of the fast ball speed or there is something maybe wrong with the magnet itself?

#13282 4 years ago

I just received new carbon steel ones from Ball Baron today. I’ll change them out again and report back.

#13283 4 years ago

I've had some personal challenges lately, but when I got this package today from Christopher Franchise, it definitely put a smile on my face.

Pretty cool to be 1 of 5 to get these, and this was the last one left.

Great artist, and great guy!

IMG_20190517_205549 (resized).jpgIMG_20190517_205549 (resized).jpgIMG_20190517_205625 (resized).jpgIMG_20190517_205625 (resized).jpgIMG_20190517_205701 (resized).jpgIMG_20190517_205701 (resized).jpg
#13284 4 years ago

This may be a silly question but what does the gadget button do? I know it works in test mode but I’ve never seen it do anything in the game (ie when I hit it when it’s flashing).

#13285 4 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

This may be a silly question but what does the gadget button do? I know it works in test mode but I’ve never seen it do anything in the game (ie when I hit it when it’s flashing).

The gadget button when flashing will award you the most valuable shot that is on the playfield at that moment when hit.

#13286 4 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

It is especially useful when playing the minor villians; almost a necessity in my experience.

#13287 4 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Quoted from AUKraut:

The gadget button when flashing will award you the most valuable shot that is on the playfield at that moment when hit.

And probably most importantly it allows you to switch between channels (ie stacked modes) during game play. One of the most brilliant code features in pinball IMO.

You have to press it for slightly longer - like 1s or something to switch channels.

#13288 4 years ago

Weird I hit it when flashing and it does nothing. I 2x checked it in switch test and it definitely works. ???

#13289 4 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Weird I hit it when flashing and it does nothing. I 2x checked it in switch test and it definitely works. ???

It only functions in some minor villian modes, and just to screw with your head even more, only within some parts of the minor villian mode it works in

#13290 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

It only functions in some minor villian modes, and just to screw with your head even more, only within some parts of the minor villian mode it works in

There were some bugs with the bat gadgets not working during minor villain modes (mostly turntable shots), but that was recently fixed.

Rob

#13291 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Sadly not, it awards whatever shot is furthest to the left in your current main channel mode.

#13292 4 years ago

I've put enough games on my BM66 and I've watched enough of the TV show with my family - because otherwise, how would the kids understand the pin? - that I've really come to a deeper appreciation of the mode design.

Like how the Mad Hatter shots in the The Contaminated Cowl mode are pink - like Batman's cowl.

Or why sometimes the mode shot is the GADGET targets - because in the episode the mode is based on, Batman is actually using a gadget. Maybe I'm a little dense, maybe not. But it took watching the Catwoman episodes The Purr-fect Crime/Better Luck Next Time to understand the Batman was using both his earplugs and high frequency generator at the point the pin was lighting the GADGET targets. I guess it's hard to watch the display and play the game at the same time.

And how the magnet is used in Fine Feathered Finks/The Penguin’s A Jinx - because in the episode, Penguin uses a magnet to trap Batman and Robin.

Some lost opportunities that I've noticed so far, just minor things -

* The Purr-fect Crime/Better Luck Next Time - Robin has a great one liner - "Catwoman, you are not a nice person." - at the point he is on the teeter-totter. That would have been good for a mode shot.
* Surfing Joker - It would be great if the mode switched to GADGET targets at some preset % complete so that Batman could use his shark spray.
* Chief O'Hara - I need more of Chief O'Hara being an idiot. Maybe a fourth minor villain wizard mode?

We have 80+ more episodes to watch and thousands of more pinball games to play, so I'm sure I'll find some more great subtleties in the game and moments from the show I wish were in the game.

#13293 4 years ago

Hit 2.99 billion today. By far my best. I had two games break the 1 billion mark on 1.02. One ball two I took out three major villians and had freeze beeten. Bat turn went for crazy points while frozen. Villian escape seemed odd and then things got weird after. Every mode would start and seemed to wig out back and forth with the frozen bat turn. Not sure if that is a bug. I don't usually have that much stuff running!

#13294 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Would be great if they got Julie Newmar to do a couple custom
callouts.

Than would be awesome.

#13295 4 years ago

Officially in the club now. Bought it about 3 months ago on a show special. The GSPF show was this past weekend and I got to bring it home last night. I have so many add ons/mods waiting to be put on this game. I put the legs on this morning and head hinges and then had to go to work.

58005908190__603A8441-FBBC-4ECA-9C04-1CD593117327 (resized).JPG58005908190__603A8441-FBBC-4ECA-9C04-1CD593117327 (resized).JPGIMG_2125 (resized).JPGIMG_2125 (resized).JPG
#13296 4 years ago

Confirmed joining the club whoot, now for the drive to go pick it up.

#13297 4 years ago

Been doing some reading so I have to ask. How is Sterns build quality on the BM66 Cabs? Any issues with them splitting or separating at all? I do know the build date of the machine I'm receiving is around July 2018.

#13298 4 years ago

Mine is fine 11-2018 build date.

#13299 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Been doing some reading so I have to ask. How is Sterns build quality on the BM66 Cabs? Any issues with them splitting or separating at all? I do know the build date of the machine I'm receiving is around July 2018.

There have been documented cases of BM 66's splitting. Mine was an early run and I caught it immediately when it started splitting. I highly recommend reinforcing your cabinet with Bally/Williams style braces. The wood wedges and braces Stern uses are a joke. There's great info somewhere in this thread. rotordave posted a great tutorial on how to repair split cabs.

#13300 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

@Rotodave posted a great tutorial on how to repair split cabs.

Link please ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 34.99
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/266?hl=aukraut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.