IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 374.
#13001 5 years ago

Got my new BM66 yesterday, also a playfield protector.

Anyone have a link to instructions for how to install this?

Thanks

#13002 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Remember to keep the minor villain screen in the main screen when playing them and save your gadgets to use to complete the minor villains. Makes all of the difference

Never really understood what the gadgets do and how to use them......

#13003 5 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Gadgets are key for minors, I use them on the shots that are tough for me, right orbit mainly. Or bookworm, 1 on last 2 turntables, incase a SDTM happens

Ditto! I sometimes can't hit the left ramp no matter how hard I try. That's when I drop one of those gadgets on it, especially in the Tut modes where it's all I need to relight the other shots. Also, if I see a drain happening and I'm close to completing a Minor Villain I'll hit the gadget and every once in a blue moon I get credit for completing the mode.

#13004 5 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Got my new BM66 yesterday, also a playfield protector.
Anyone have a link to instructions for how to install this?
Thanks

It's been a while but I removed both wireforms, sling plastics and flippers. Start at the top of the playfield and work your way down. The protector is flexible so you might have to muscle it into a couple of areas. Make sure ramp flaps are on top of protector to avoid airballs. Also, make sure you put a thin piece of cardboard or several pieces of tape on the protector under the crane ball. There is a sharp point under it that will scratch the protector. Finally, DO NOT wax the playfield before putting the protector on. If you do you'll getting mottling or "wet" spots under the protector that you won't like. It's not that hard on BM66. Good luck!

#13005 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Never really understood what the gadgets do and how to use them......

For the most part gadgets are just a "smart bomb" used to complete a mode shot on your current main channel, usually the furthest shot to the left. The rulesheet wiki on tiltforums can answer just about any further questions you may have.

#13006 5 years ago

I think I'm going to hold on playing the game until the bookworm/freeze combo is fixed.
There is no end goal / ultra wizard mode yet in the game now and that combo overpowers all the rest regarding scoring.

#13007 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I think I'm going to hold on playing the game until the bookworm/freeze combo is fixed.
There is no end goal / ultra wizard mode yet in the game now and that combo overpowers all the rest regarding scoring.

Sounds like a good plan since there isn't really anything else to do in the game.

#13008 5 years ago

When you guys say, keep the minor villain on the main screen, what does that mean and how do you do it? I have a tough time completing them when a major villain gets activated and takes over all the insert lighting.

#13009 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

When you guys say, keep the minor villain on the main screen, what does that mean and how do you do it? I have a tough time completing them when a major villain gets activated and takes over all the insert lighting.

You can hold the gadget button for ~1 second to change between modes, it also changes the music so you don't even have to look up if you're familiar with the game sounds.

#13010 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

You can hold the gadget button for ~1 second to change between modes, it also changes the music so you don't even have to look up if you're familiar with the game sounds.

Thanks man! Gonna try this tonight.

#13011 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I just learned something... Thanks Dude!

#13012 5 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

I just learned something... Thanks Dude!

There is a HUGE amount of rule detail in the wiki if you want to learn more.

http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463

#13013 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I had a great game recently too!
[quoted image]

So what's your strat to drive up the score like that?

I had a killer game with villain escape, Batusi, and one final shot to start villain escape again, and I end up at like 6.5B.

#13014 5 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I had a killer game with villain escape, Batusi, and one final shot to start villain escape again, and I end up at like 6.5B.

That kind of score needs frozen timers and big multipliers on shots and playfield. King Tut also helps by adding an additional multiplier to the main channel.

#13015 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

That kind of score needs frozen timers and big multipliers on shots and playfield. King Tut also helps by adding an additional multiplier to the main channel.

Where do you get the multipliers?

#13016 5 years ago

Shot multipliers from Commissioner Gordon target. PF multiplier from the Batmobile area on the turntable. King Tut 2-5 gives main channel multipliers.

#13017 5 years ago

Hitting the comissioner gordon target a certain amount of times lets you multiply your next shot for the remainder of the ball (indicated by the small x insert of that particular shot) you can stack those multipliers, you just have to hit the comissioner gordon target more often to activate the next shot multiplier (you can see how often you have to hit it by counting how many times the insert in front of it blinks)

Quoted from Jahkub:

There is a HUGE amount of rule detail in the wiki if you want to learn more.
http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463

take 10 minutes of your time and read that excellent and complete wiki, it's really worth it!

#13018 5 years ago

Had my best score to date tonight 20 Billion, had 1 ball that went on forever. Worst part of this game is it taking like 100 shots to get the bat signal shot...man I hate the outer orbit shots on this pin lol

#13019 5 years ago

I used a pretty common strat: I completed Bookworm, Mr. Freeze and Shane in that order. I also completed at least one Tut. I did Batusi and Gas Attack wizard modes as well.
Completing Shane really contributed a lot during the multiball and wizard modes. It kept launching balls and lengthend the timers during the multiballs. And after Freeze, I started Bat Turn which stayed frozen for the rest of the game. I remember a couple of times when the ball would drain the multiplier for the bonus was 54x and 76x.

#13020 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Sounds like a good plan since there isn't really anything else to do in the game.

Enough to shoot for, but it's only that one combination that can give you those big scores... After a few of those games in the >50 billions, I would rather wait for balancing than shooting bookworm/freeze every game before anything else

#13021 5 years ago

joined the club a couple days ago!! Anyone have a fix for airballs off of the computer targets? Thank you in advance.

8EB474D8-A0D4-48C5-83FA-27D22068AC50 (resized).jpeg8EB474D8-A0D4-48C5-83FA-27D22068AC50 (resized).jpeg
#13022 5 years ago

I have a feeling Thundergod was being sarcastic ...

#13023 5 years ago

I know he was. Some will understand me. Others won't, and that's fine.

#13024 5 years ago

I've had BM66 for about a week now, and I'm really digging this game! So many different ways to play, no matter what your skill level.

I am, however, having a small issue regarding the mini spinner/batcave, though. It works fine when I have a strong hit, either going through and coming down the left side or bouncing straight back out, but sometimes on a weaker ball, it will get caught on the back edge of the mini spinner; it seems that the forward/downward pitch of the playfield is causing the back of the spinner to raise ever so slightly, causing a lip for the ball to get stuck on. I noticed that there was some play on the spinner, as I could rock it back-and-forth a bit. I lifted the playfield and saw that there is a shaft that has a set screw on it, so I loosened it, pushed it to the point where there was less play, and tightened the screw. It was a bit better, but the ball occasional still gets stuck.

Has anyone else run into this, and if so, what did you do to rectify it? (Thanks in advance!)

#13025 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

joined the club a couple days ago!! Anyone have a fix for airballs off of the computer targets? Thank you in advance.
[quoted image]

I only seem to get them when the magnet is active personally. If the turntable mech or even just the batmobile spinner are out of plane with the playfield it can cause some air balls.

#13026 5 years ago

Scotty-K mine kinda does that as well,but,I don't use the tilt-bob,so I just shake it a tad and the ball comes loose

#13027 5 years ago

I’ve never had my ball stuck yet on that mech yet; but has anyone had their ball stick on the small metal guide piece under the left ramp?
Again, on a weak hit, it can sit on that metal piece. Only a good shake will get the ball to roll off it.
Any suggestions?

#13028 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Scotty-K mine kinda does that as well,but,I don't use the tilt-bob,so I just shake it a tad and the ball comes loose

Yeah, I'm able to do that now, too. Before I did the adjustment, I couldn't even do that.

#13029 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

[quoted image]

Make sure the mini playfield is level with the main playfield. If it's even slightly higher than the main playfield, you may get airballs. Instructions for adjusting the leveling can be found in this thread.

Rob

#13030 5 years ago

Anyone got The Docquest mini Batsignal mod.
Just wondering when it’s supposed to flash / light up during gameplay.
I know it works ok during game startup and during lamp flash tests in service menu but haven’t seen it illuminate in gameplay as of yet.

#13031 5 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Anyone got The Docquest mini Batsignal mod.
Just wondering when it’s supposed to flash / light up during gameplay.
I know it works ok during game startup and during lamp flash tests in service menu but haven’t seen it illuminate in gameplay as of yet.

Have a read from here for a few posts

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/251#post-4853501

#13033 5 years ago

So played my new Batman 66 tonight for the first time and the turntable suddenly stopped working. The motor is engaging but it gets stuck. See photos. Anyone else have this issue?

BM1 (resized).pngBM1 (resized).pngBM2 (resized).pngBM2 (resized).pngBM3 (resized).pngBM3 (resized).png
#13034 5 years ago

Yes, check the wires underneath. They can get pulled into the motor causing this problem. Need to be carefully tied up out of the way.

#13035 5 years ago

Picked up these tonight at a record shop. Cost me $20 for both.

CE242760-7FCB-4C6E-A424-1661C30E61A6 (resized).jpegCE242760-7FCB-4C6E-A424-1661C30E61A6 (resized).jpeg
#13036 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Yes, check the wires underneath. They can get pulled into the motor causing this problem. Need to be carefully tied up out of the way.

No wire issues. Also before the turntable stopped working, I never had the batcave come up. So something is not right mp

#13037 5 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

So played my new Batman 66 tonight for the first time and the turntable suddenly stopped working. The motor is engaging but it gets stuck. See photos. Anyone else have this issue?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There are tests in the service menu for the motor and it's optos. Does it work in test mode?

#13038 5 years ago

Downloading the new code update.... slow!

#13039 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The only inconsistent shot on my game seems to be the target inside the bat cave. Does anyone else see inconsistent hit behavior on this target?

Yes. Shots to/through the batcave don't always register for me. I find that hitting a little to the right rather than center helps. I haven't looked into fixing this yet. It seems to be an issue that for at least a few people. If anyone comes up with something. Please post about it.

#13040 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The only inconsistent shot on my game seems to be the target inside the bat cave. Does anyone else see inconsistent hit behavior on this target?
Rob

I've been noticing this one now as well. I nailed the shot twice in succession and both times it didn't register. I guess I'll have to look into that one too.

#13041 5 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

I'm going to say the cam assembly needs to be moved down on the motor shaft a bit. Here's a picture of mine. Notice the black set screw for adjustment and the gaps between the different parts.

Rob
20190404_001754 (resized).jpg20190404_001754 (resized).jpg

#13042 5 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Not sure if your still playing but you can move the gear assy round by hand so it fits back in to the slot on the plastic scallop.
Had the same issue and Thunderbird advised me to white grease the scalloped white cam edge and now it works great. It's not the greatest resolution but you'll see what mine was doing.

#13043 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I used a pretty common strat: I completed Bookworm, Mr. Freeze and Shane in that order. I also completed at least one Tut. I did Batusi and Gas Attack wizard modes as well.
Completing Shane really contributed a lot during the multiball and wizard modes. It kept launching balls and lengthend the timers during the multiballs. And after Freeze, I started Bat Turn which stayed frozen for the rest of the game. I remember a couple of times when the ball would drain the multiplier for the bonus was 54x and 76x.

Interesting... No Mad Hatter to replay failed modes?

I've been able to reach Batusi, but coming around again to do the wizard modes again seems a bit tough without being able to replay.

#13044 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm going to say the cam assembly needs to be moved down on the motor shaft a bit. Here's a picture of mine. Notice the black set screw for adjustment and the gaps between the different parts.
Rob
[quoted image]

When I loosen the set screw with an Allen wrench I cannot move the assembly down any further on the shaft, won't budge. Do I need to remove the motor assembly in order to move it? Or am I not understanding how you fixed it? Thanks

#13045 5 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Not sure if your still playing but you can move the gear assy round by hand so it fits back in to the slot on the plastic scallop.
Had the same issue and Thunderbird advised me to white grease the scalloped white cam edge and now it works great. It's not the greatest resolution but you'll see what mine was doing.

Yes, mine is getting stuck in a similar fashion. So you put grease on the plastic white edges?

#13046 5 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Yes, mine is getting stuck in a similar fashion. So you put grease on the plastic white edges?

Yes, white grease all three cam tri-edges. You shouldn’t have any further issues. Make sure no wires are twisted up in the area, which is unlikely, since Stern put a sleeve for the wires to move around freely.

#13047 5 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

When I loosen the set screw with an Allen wrench I cannot move the assembly down any further on the shaft, won't budge. Do I need to remove the motor assembly in order to move it? Or am I not understanding how you fixed it? Thanks

Don’t move that assembly down further or it will cause your turntable to not be aligned above, level with the play field.

#13048 5 years ago

Does your turntable have an even gap all the way around when looking down from the top of the playfield? Or is it lodged against the back of the play field?

#13049 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Does your turntable have an even gap all the way around when looking down from the top of the playfield? Or is it lodged against the back of the play field?

Fairly even gap, but higher above the playfield in the back and fairly flush in the front

IMG_0185 (resized).jpgIMG_0185 (resized).jpgIMG_0186 (resized).jpgIMG_0186 (resized).jpg
#13050 5 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

So is this a common fix for this issue? No available tweaking or adjustments of the turntable mechanism itself? If not, grease here we come.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/261?hl=timewellspent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.