IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 374.
#12951 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

If I were to wager, I'd say that when Lyman puts -added SLE speech in the notes, I bet he means more and more owners are sending in the required info and as they do, he adds them to the code, so their particular call out is activated. I don't think there is any other SLE only speech.

Maybe. But there are a finite amount of names Adam recorded so don’t know how he would do anything other than map to an existing name unless new names are recorded by a different actor (which should be easy enough to find with Pinball Browser).

#12952 5 years ago

Played the game with the new code, I like it. I have a question though, prior to this update if you had zero credits Adam West would call out " better put some money in the game." It apears that feature is gone? Anyone know how to get it back

#12953 5 years ago

I was trying to think of other games that are similar in play, modes, feeling of shots and progression, besides the other Batman. Really enjoy the game and want something that feels as fun

#12954 5 years ago

Has anyone felt fixing the Shame modes to properly grey out now, has affected your strategy? I suspect we were all double dipping on Shame modes and now we can’t (which might be a good thing!)

#12955 5 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I was trying to think of other games that are similar in play, modes, feeling of shots and progression, besides the other Batman. Really enjoy the game and want something that feels as fun

I've been thinking about this too. My wife and I really love this game and I'm trying to look for another machine that will appeal to us both like this one. Unfortunately, it really is a very unique game from what I can tell. The layout is different, the code is both deep and non-linear. I think it's the non-linear nature of the code that really makes it stand out for me. Not only can we start any minor or major villain in any order, but we have multiple versions of the major villains we can choose from just because Lyman wanted to use more footage, from what I can tell. Then he even gives a choice of three wizard modes when completing three seasons of minor villains.

I'll often choose a minor villain mode not for score, but just because I want to watch the clips play out for a different one. I can't think of another game like that. The breadth and depth of code is just amazing. And then you combine it with a theme that just makes me feel good to play? I'm not sure there will be another game like this for a long time (think of how long Lyman's had to work on coding this beast).

I guess the one weakness of the game is that the shots are not fun for all people -- I really like them, but a decent amount of people definitely find them clunky. Also, if you just like intense themes, then I suppose the whimsical BM66 theme might be a negative as well.

Anybody with more pinball experience have any ideas for games that scratch a similar itch?

#12956 5 years ago

Got mine set up. All seemed fine out of the box. A few games in, the arrow insert in the left orbit stopped showing the correct color. My GB did that on one of them early on also. Will have to call Stern Monday.

#12957 5 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

Played the game with the new code, I like it. I have a question though, prior to this update if you had zero credits Adam West would call out " better put some money in the game." It apears that feature is gone? Anyone know how to get it back

I updated my code and heard the clip (before setting it to free play) -- so it's there!

#12958 5 years ago

iloveplywood I don’t think we will see a game like Batman again from Stern. It is only the game we have today because Lyman was given the time and freedom to execute his vision for the game and to allow him to change direction to the “play the episodes” model that the game evolved into. George stated early on that this was going to be the case and he deserves thanks and credit for ensuring it happened. Forgotten in the development cycle is that Stern was developing the code for the Spike 2 platform in parallel.

Stern clearly underestimated what it would take to transition into the LCD era and to some extent Batman was the guinea pig for Stern to show how IP assets the like of which no manufacturer had before could be used. Without the carte blanche given to Lyman we probably wouldn’t have seen the level of theme integration we have today.

Why did Stern allow a development cycle that is probably 2-3x the norm to happen? Was it because Batman was Stern’s most expensive game ever? Because it was the 30th anniversary game? Because it was a dream theme for George and Lyman? Because Stern saw a significant uptick in Premium orders when the code started to be something special? We may never know.

This may be the only Stern game that feels almost as deep as a JJP game. Even with the general code quality at release improvements we have seen over the last few years I don’t see Stern doing this on a regular basis when “good enough” is indeed good enough for the cast majority of potential buyers.

Look at the most obvious comparison- Batman vs. Munsters. Two themes both based on 60s cult classics and likely to appeal to the same set of buyers. Batman game play set the standard for theme integration; Munsters relies on the theme to mask just how shallow the game is. Where Batman provides a remarkable number of ways to play and enjoy the game (while totally immersing you in the theme), Munsters is currently not much more than a one trick “maximize the jackpots” pony. The majority of the IP assets are relegated to the match sequence after the game is over instead of being used to draw you into the theme during play as Batman does.

#12959 5 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Quoted from iloveplywood:

I've been thinking about this too. My wife and I really love this game and I'm trying to look for another machine that will appeal to us both like this one. Unfortunately, it really is a very unique game from what I can tell. The layout is different, the code is both deep and non-linear. I think it's the non-linear nature of the code that really makes it stand out for me. Not only can we start any minor or major villain in any order, but we have multiple versions of the major villains we can choose from just because Lyman wanted to use more footage, from what I can tell. Then he even gives a choice of three wizard modes when completing three seasons of minor villains.
I'll often choose a minor villain mode not for score, but just because I want to watch the clips play out for a different one. I can't think of another game like that. The breadth and depth of code is just amazing. And then you combine it with a theme that just makes me feel good to play? I'm not sure there will be another game like this for a long time (think of how long Lyman's had to work on coding this beast).
I guess the one weakness of the game is that the shots are not fun for all people -- I really like them, but a decent amount of people definitely find them clunky. Also, if you just like intense themes, then I suppose the whimsical BM66 theme might be a negative as well.
Anybody with more pinball experience have any ideas for games that scratch a similar itch?

I highly recommend JJP POTC. Tons of ways to play it. 125 chapters (modes). Lots of multiballs. Lots of wizard modes. Non linear gameplay. You both may really enjoy it. My only complaint is that it can be multiball heavy at times.

#12960 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Agree with your assessment of a stellar game like Batman 66. Our family loves it!

Another game that has similar depth and theme integration is Star Wars Pre/Le and is very underrated by some because their vision of such an iconic franchise doesn’t match Stern’s stellar effort. The Steve Richie gameplay is unmatched and the code is deep with many different ways to play, just like Batman 66.

The table is not empty by any means. Just look underneath and see a menagerie of electronics that power things on the top and at the back. You have to look at the back of the table too to appreciate how much has gone into this table. Many bullet points and the flow is amazing. My daughter feels like she is a champion playing it, even though a novice because it plays so well. We fixed left out lane drain issue with a different post in the same area, which creates longer ball times. Fixed the DS shot by slightly moving right post enough so ball goes right up DS ramp.

Theme integration and depth is near equal to Batman and beautiful the way Steve laid out the play field to reflect the last big battle scene from the first movie. Should it have an xwing or two and couple more tie fighters? Yes and mods take care of that. Such a fun table and soooo underrated.

#12961 5 years ago

I've had a couple of new behaviors with the 1.0.3 code:

1) When I close out of villain with a jackpot shot, it can immediately start the penguin bat phone. It's obviously counting the single shot for both the super jackpot and the penguin scoop. I don't remember that occurring before - there doesn't seem to be an obvious setting to control that (although with 200+ settings, I'm sure I could have missed it. Either way, I don't like.

2) I had Surfing Joker finish with almost no hits or shots made. I started the mode and was cradling the ball while I was talking with someone. I hit a couple of switches, including all 3 TV targets and the mode jumped to 100% and closed out. Or at least I think that happened. I was surprised and the 2nd player thinks they saw it too. We are pretty sure I didn't really hit much. I've tried to recreate it but I haven't yet.

#12962 5 years ago

Just had my best game. Villain Escape and Batusi, and then missed me last shot to start Villain Escape again.

I ended at just under 6 billion points, and have no idea he was some of you are putting up 50+ billion!?!?

#12963 5 years ago

Loving the slingshot flashers in the new code.

Also can't stop playing Mr Freeze because of the sounds from his freeze gun when you hit the shots...love em!

#12964 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Another game that has similar depth and theme integration is Star Wars Pre/Le and is very underrated by some because their vision of such an iconic franchise doesn’t match Stern’s stellar effort. The Steve Richie gameplay is unmatched and the code is deep with many different ways to play, just like Batman 66.

1 thing really killed SW for me and that was it had too much multiball. I hated those 4th missions being multiballs.

Rob

#12965 5 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion guys -- I've thought of Pirates, it's definitely on the radar for the future. I hear you on the multiballs though -- sometimes I feel like it's hard to follow what's going on with the them all. Still, people that own the game really seem to love it. Star wars is an interesting suggestions, I never really got far enough to know if the code is deep or not. I do enjoy playing it on location though -- great flow and awesome sound. I worry that it will be too difficult for the wife though. TNA is already kind of pushing it in that regard. Still, the theme is appealing to her, for sure. I'll have to take her out on location to play it sometime.

At least BM66 will keep us busy for a long time with our respective pinball skills. The game is just a complete home run for our family.

#12966 5 years ago

I had a SW Premium next to my BM66 and just couldn’t get into it. It should have been a no brainer theme for me as SW pretty much defined my childhood. I really tried to like the game but all it ever did was frustrate me. The primary irritation being the Death Star ramp. It’s such an essential shot to complete modes and I could not dial it in. I missed 8 out of 10 shots and it made me want to chuck the game into the river. I agree with everything you say about the depth and theme integration, the hyper loop is probably the best toy ever created for a pinball machine. The music and video clips always made me smile. I replaced it with an IMDN Premium and haven’t regretted it one bit.

#12967 5 years ago

Star Wars became family favorite, along with Batman and easy for wife to play after tweaking DS shot and fixing left lane drain. Now it’s balanced with even play and DS shot makable, 75% of the time. Huge difference in game play. No real brick shots on this table, with rewarding targets at the ends of each ramp, if ramp shot is missed.

#12968 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Star Wars became family favorite, along with Batman and easy for wife to play after tweaking DS shot and fixing left lane drain. Now it’s balanced with even play and DS shot makable, 75% of the time. Huge difference in game play. No real brick shots on this table, with rewarding targets at the ends of each ramp, if ramp shot is missed.

I have my SWLE coming tomorrow. I will be interested to learn what you did to fix the shots. It will be going next to my BM66.

#12969 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I have my SWLE coming tomorrow. I will be interested to learn what you did to fix the shots. It will be going next to my BM66.

Both great tables, let me know and I’ll post some pics.

#12970 5 years ago

My wife made a home made bat signal pretty cool it rotates circular motion. Thought I would share

20190323_212321 (resized).jpg20190323_212321 (resized).jpg
#12971 5 years ago

Have any of you seen any mods to replace the cats on the ramps? These flat plastic cats are the only cheap looking “pro” style parts to this beautiful game IMO. I’m surprised I haven’t already seen some molded cat mods.

#12972 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Have any of you seen any mods to replace the cats on the ramps? These flat plastic cats are the only cheap looking “pro” style parts to this beautiful game IMO. I’m surprised I haven’t already seen some molded cat mods.

I concur.

One of the 1st things I noticed on game and surprisingly Mezel or someone hasn't taken them on ??

#12973 5 years ago

pinhead back in the UK upgraded and now his shaker motor isn't working, anyone else had that problem with the latest release?

Neil.

#12974 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Batman also used his shark repellent in the TV series during the "Surfs Up, Joker's Under" episode.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Got an honourable mention in the Lego Batman movie too, which i thoroughly enjoyed watching while the kids were tucked up in bed.

#12975 5 years ago

Issue - my villain vision has “slid” down see picture and look at right upper corner.

Took it apart and it looks like there was thin adhesive two sided tape that was holding the node board and the LCD screen together and the adhesive has lost its “stick”. Recommendations on what type of tape to use to put it back together - it is a very thin electronic tape and nothing like anything I have seen.

5C9DB258-BACE-47BE-A969-A0009D31A7E8 (resized).jpeg5C9DB258-BACE-47BE-A969-A0009D31A7E8 (resized).jpeg
#12976 5 years ago

So the two screws holding the Bat Computer fell out and down into the guts. I could only find one. (Why doesn't Stern use Locktite on these?) I took it apart and fixed it with a spare screw I had, and when I put it back together and started it I got a Node 10 (Turntable node) Overcurrent error. It then restarts and the pin plays fine. Powered it off, etc - error persists. Everything on the turntable works. I played several games for about an hour with no problems.
I understand that the error means that there is possibly a short on the node board, and am worried that the second screw may be stuck in there. Anybody else have this error? Any suggestions? I intend to disassemble it again and look at the board, but it's going to be quite a chore. Anyone ever remove this board before? Are there suggested methods to doing this? Any comments or suggestions are encouraged and welcome on this one. Not looking forward to this!

#12977 5 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Issue - my villain vision has “slid” down see picture and look at right upper corner.
Took it apart and it looks like there was thin adhesive two sided tape that was holding the node board and the LCD screen together and the adhesive has lost its “stick”. Recommendations on what type of tape to use to put it back together - it is a very thin electronic tape and nothing like anything I have seen.
[quoted image]

First thing I would do is call Chas at Stern and ask. Second thing would be to look at the back and see if there is enough surface area to tape from behind and/or look at glue dots to adhere the screen back to the TV.

#12978 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agree with your assessment of a stellar game like Batman 66. Our family loves it!
The table is not empty by any means. Just look underneath and see a menagerie of electronics that power things on the top and at the back. You have to look at the back of the table too to appreciate how much has gone into this table. Many bullet points and the flow is amazing. My daughter feels like she is a champion playing it, even though a novice because it plays so well. We fixed left out lane drain issue with a different post in the same area, which creates longer ball times. Fixed the DS shot by slightly moving right post enough so ball goes right up DS ramp.
Theme integration and depth is near equal to Batman and beautiful the way Steve laid out the play field to reflect the last big battle scene from the first movie. Should it have an xwing or two and couple more tie fighters? Yes and mods take care of that. Such a fun table and soooo underrated.

I agree with you, so much that I have owned the Pro for a few months! I think the game is very underrated. I went with the Pro, not settling for it as I had the means for Premium, because of the flow and I felt like I wouldn't miss out on the hyperloop. I may be in the minority but I think it is too obstructing at lower playfield.

#12979 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I highly recommend JJP POTC. Tons of ways to play it. 125 chapters (modes). Lots of multiballs. Lots of wizard modes. Non linear gameplay. You both may really enjoy it. My only complaint is that it can be multiball heavy at times.

I have struggled with this game and whether I would like it long-term. Yes it is very deep, but all the streams I watch it looks like you're not getting anywhere, I do like deep, but I like a beginning and an ending. Also, wide body isn't my favorite. Are the shots smooth? I really enjoy ramp shots, and combos and I don't get flow feeling in POTC. I'm actually looking at Wonka, theme is just okay, but I like the flow and shots. Now have to decide between SE and LE. I could live with the SE just as long as playfield isn't different (besides the wonkavator). Can anyone comment on JJP SE vs. LE playfields. Are there less inserts/lighting, etc.

#12980 5 years ago

funny questions for a batman 66 thread. I can think of 10 other threads for those questions.

#12981 5 years ago

Just had the best game ever....super fun!

IMG_3377 (resized).JPGIMG_3377 (resized).JPG
#12982 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Loving the slingshot flashers in the new code. Also can't stop playing Mr Freeze because of the sounds from his freeze gun when you hit the shots...love em!

Just loaded the latest code yesterday and agree that these additions are great!

Is it my imagination or are there additional Penguin sounds in his major villain modes too? The ReadMe doc mentions additional speech for Super Jackpot 3/4, but it seemed like more than that to me. I could be mistaken though as I don't typically play Penguin a lot.

#12983 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

funny questions for a batman 66 thread. I can think of 10 other threads for those questions.

You're right, my bad, I hate it when others get off on tangents too.

#12984 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Just loaded the latest code yesterday and agree that these additions are great!
Is it my imagination or are there additional Penguin sounds in his major villain modes too? The ReadMe doc mentions additional speech for Super Jackpot 3/4, but it seemed like more than that to me. I could be mistaken though as I don't typically play Penguin a lot.

I had to turn the pin room ceiling lights on as it was like a mini rave party when playing the game, absolutely love it.

Definitely new sounds and animations in this code update, I can't see them coz of the lights going off haha

Thanks Stern, thanks Sheats for still continuing to surprise us all.

#12985 5 years ago

The only inconsistent shot on my game seems to be the target inside the bat cave. Does anyone else see inconsistent hit behavior on this target?

Rob

#12986 5 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

[quoted image]

Maybe Stern could send you the right tape for the job, or point you in the right direction on what to buy.

Rob

#12987 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The only inconsistent shot on my game seems to be the target inside the bat cave. Does anyone else see inconsistent hit behavior on this target?
Rob

Same here. I was wondering if there was any wires running behind the target stopping it from registering.That or needs gapping closer.Need to take the atomic pile off and take a look.
You can always bet it doesn't register when you need it most.

#12988 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

I had to turn the pin room ceiling lights on as it was like a mini rave party when playing the game

Couple of Disco Bickies next time and lights off extendo

#12989 5 years ago

Woohoo! Joined the club yesterday!

20190415_173309 (resized).jpg20190415_173309 (resized).jpg20190415_185428 (resized).jpg20190415_185428 (resized).jpg20190415_210332 (resized).jpg20190415_210332 (resized).jpg

I didn't have too much time to play it as of yet, but I can't wait to really dig in!

#12990 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Yep - mine doesn't seem to register a lot of the time either. That and the mystery saucer at the top right (ball rebounds back out half the time or more).

Need to look at both yet.

#12991 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yep - mine doesn't seem to register a lot of the time either. That and the mystery saucer at the top right (ball rebounds back out half the time or more).
Need to look at both yet.

I put some target foam in the bat signal shot which seemed to help a bit with rejects. I still get a few. I tried doing the same on my LOTR and it still rejects almost all the time. Need to find some denser material.

#12992 5 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Woohoo! Joined the club yesterday!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
I didn't have too much time to play it as of yet, but I can't wait to really dig in!

What's the build date on that bad boy? I'm looking to get one also.

#12993 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

What's the build date on that bad boy? I'm looking to get one also.

Build date on this one was November 30, 2018; it was loaded with 1.01 (which I upgraded to 1.03 last night). I believe the "A" on the box indicates that it was one of the ones that had the Adam West autographed cards in it.

#12994 5 years ago

How did you do that? I'm lucky if I can crack a billion.

Quoted from algrande:

Just had the best game ever....super fun!
[quoted image]

#12995 5 years ago

I had a great game recently too!

a6df15fb967fe0ac00eb7ababb0d15dea7083567 (resized).jpega6df15fb967fe0ac00eb7ababb0d15dea7083567 (resized).jpeg
#12996 5 years ago

I wonder if they are ever going to put dollar signs ($) on the numbers at the bottom left of the screen to make it easier to understand what they are communicating.

#12997 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I wonder if they are ever going to put dollar signs ($) on the numbers at the bottom left of the screen to make it easier to understand what they are communicating.

I'm not entirely certain, but I think that may have been addressed in the new code?

#12998 5 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I'm not entirely certain, but I think that may have been addressed in the new code?

And hopefully the new code fixes whatever exploit he's clearly using to get such scores (I'm sure I could find it if I tried . . .)

I love all the strategies to get these scores -- it all seems so simple to complete those four minor villains in a particular order on paper (or whatever that damn paper says). I'm usually pretty happy to complete one.

#12999 5 years ago

Plywood:
Remember to keep the minor villain screen in the main screen when playing them and save your gadgets to use to complete the minor villains. Makes all of the difference!

#13000 5 years ago

Gadgets are key for minors, I use them on the shots that are tough for me, right orbit mainly. Or bookworm, 1 on last 2 turntables, incase a SDTM happens

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/260?hl=blackzarak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.