Topic Stats

• 14,614 posts
  • 547 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Budman
  • Topic is favorited by 213 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,163 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG-20191013-WA0034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191013_184145 (resized).jpg
BA97A0F8-107D-4077-B3DF-98CD6827EF76 (resized).jpeg
CB6F95C0-4BAF-4A09-BD55-A26D728BB77A (resized).jpeg
37C12AEF-440E-4127-B25A-9220071DEBBA (resized).jpeg
30339673-5806-4FEA-AA6A-BAFBC579FE9D (resized).jpeg
20191006_153609922_iOS (resized).jpg
20175E4A-6449-45AB-8077-2DFC194618A5 (resized).jpeg
6D8EF379-11FC-4DB8-A72C-DF6691EA4F2E (resized).jpeg
3E4CA27E-CE4F-4BF0-A25B-33C12E89C4E8 (resized).jpeg
AE5EB170-C0A3-482E-AD5A-6A2465812D12 (resized).jpeg
FF00B1F8-789F-4ACE-B754-1B32C991BF35 (resized).jpeg
3AC42BAD-DC26-48C4-8A2D-781E06576AD5 (resized).jpeg
C3A04D9E-3B23-4F8F-A5A1-6CF3054795E9 (resized).jpeg
44CB95D6-EAC9-44FB-80EE-BCE17F893BF4 (resized).jpeg
020B3070-E15C-4851-902D-9C5870B937DB (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 14614 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 293.
#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

today i pimped out my bm66 a little bit. added 4 layers purple filter stripes between the penguin inserts and yellow ones at the batsigns of the backboard. now it looks like it should be.
also changed the cold white outer backboards leds to warm white. now robin's skin color is correct.
also costumized the bat phone. tommorow i will ad a black needle in the middle of the phone too. then it looks almost like the classic one from the tv show.

Good stuff. Simple stuff, quick stuff. All those details add up. Very nice. Throw some yellow under the bat symbol inlane and outlanes inserts at bottom of pf.

#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Are the speakers lights on the SLE active with gameplay or are they on all the time?

At this point they (and the topper) are active only during attract mode. They go off during gameplay.

Finally cracked 700MM a few minutes ago - good score for me

20170129_163740 (resized).jpg

#1253 2 years ago

Regarding the rubber pads at the ramp entrances, it stinks that Stern used those thin ones. BDK originally had thin ones and they don't hold up well at all. They later released a thicker version that holds up great. They are also angled down to prevent airballs.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/626-5085-00

Unfortunately It doesn't look like these will work on BM66 as the holes on BDK are horizontal and the ones on BM66 are vertical. Also, the thick ones probably won't work on BM66 as they'll get in the way of the left orbit shot.

Here's a pic of the thicker ones on my BDK. You can see how bashed up the right side of the ramp was when the thin rubber broke and wasn't replaced.

center ramp (resized).jpg

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Regarding the rubber pads at the ramp entrances, it stinks that Stern used those thin ones. BDK originally had thin ones and they don't hold up well at all. They later released a thicker version that holds up great. They are also angled down to prevent airballs.

I have one (left side, left ramp) that is angled upward and I'm getting some flight; any special way or tool needed to cut them back to the correct angle?

#1255 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

I have one (left side, left ramp) that is angled upward and I'm getting some flight; any special way or tool needed to cut them back to the correct angle?

Maybe loosen it and see if you can angle it down some. Or flip it over, or turn it around. If nothing else you could maybe trim it a little with a razor blade.

#1256 2 years ago

I just joined the club,used premium and the game has been play,I am the third owner and I don't have any ramp flings spinner or magnet ware or excessive dimpling,I am doing some mods and will post pictures latter this week but so far am loving it,needs code but that will come,I don't regret my purchase one bit and will hold tight for the Lyman to work his magic

I don't believe Stern will let there anniversary game fail because of Code.

#1257 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I just joined the club,used premium and the game has been play,I am the third owner and I don't have any ramp flings spinner or magnet ware or excessive dimpling,I am doing some mods and will post pictures latter this week but so far am loving it,needs code but that will come,I don't regret my purchase one bit and will hold tight for the Lyman to work his magic

Congratulations! You're the "third owner" of a BM66 Premium, already? Dang, I haven't had my LE but maybe 4 weeks thus far and I was in the early batch. Two previous owners in a couple of weeks? What was up, just impatience?

#1258 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Congratulations! You're the "third owner" of a BM66 Premium, already? Dang, I haven't had my LE but maybe 4 weeks thus far and I was in the early batch. Two previous owners in a couple of weeks? What was up, just impatience?

Yeah, third owner in a few weeks? Crazy stuff ...

We sure do live in an instant gratification world these days ...

rd

#1259 2 years ago

Hello,Batfans!!! B66LE #53,Batzooka,up and working!! My Topper is only on during attract mode as well,but rule set has it on if you get all modes.I think???

#1260 2 years ago

Toy Mounting.

A coat hanger cut flat, can be tapped to the same thread size, as
standoffs, making an easy female-female threaded connection.
Further, spray painting it to color taste makes it look professional.
The other side can be tapped and threaded into many toys.

Love the Piano Wire method too, when weight and invisibility work well.

Ive also taken a myriad of stiff springs and used that, as the toy will move with nudges, and resist breaking from Air balls.

#1261 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Toy Mounting.
A coat hanger cut flat, can be tapped to the same thread size, as
standoffs, making an easy female-female threaded connection.
Further, spray painting it to color taste makes it look professional.
The other side can be tapped and threaded into many toys.
Love the Piano Wire method too, when weight and invisibility work well.
Ive also taken a myriad of stiff springs and used that, as the toy will move with nudges, and resist breaking from Air balls.

That is a killer idea Art. Especially combining with a standoff. Gives lots of flexibility. ..

#1262 2 years ago

My lock shot bounces out 95% of the time; I'm planning to add some drop dead foam or similar.

1) Does anyone have a similar off the shelf product from the big box hardware stores.
2) Is anyone else having this problem? Right orbit into lock just ends up in the top lanes then pops. I've only started multiball once. ONCE.

#1263 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello,Batfans!!! B66LE #53,Batzooka,up and working!! My Topper is only on during attract mode as well,but rule set has it on if you get all modes.I think???

Extremely happy they got you fixed up...I know how excited you were for this title!!! Topper only works in attract mode for now....quite confident code drops will slowly unleash the beast in this beauty.

Enjoy!!!

#1264 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Third owner??? Already?

#1265 2 years ago

My lock shot bounces out 95% of the time; I'm planning to add some drop dead foam or similar.
1) Does anyone have a similar off the shelf product from the big box hardware stores.
2) Is anyone else having this problem? Right orbit into lock just ends up in the top lanes then pops. I've only started multiball once. ONCE.

I've not had that problem, though I sometimes forget to hit the shots outside of the Batcomputer to open the gate for locking a ball. Once open, I think it also closes if you approach it from the left orbit, or if the right orbit shot comes up short into the roll overs. I ran out of the real drop dead foam, so I tried the following 1/8" x 1" neoprene rubber with adhesive on one side and it seems to work for my needs thus far. amazon.com link »

#1266 2 years ago

Thanks taz for the link; I've been trying to watch what's happening back there more. I think one time the post was still up even though the gate was open. I haven't seen that again, but I constantly have cleanly hit shots bounce out. I'll try one of those products and see what happens.

#1267 2 years ago

Had a quick look at the one way gate at the back of the PF on the outer loop (above the rotating mech), and it looks like the gate has a lift coil. So maybe we will eventually get a full loop shot around the right loop when locks aren't lit, instead of ending in the pops.

#1268 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Had a quick look at the one way gate at the back of the PF on the outer loop (above the rotating mech), and it looks like the gate has a lift coil. So maybe we will eventually get a full loop shot around the right loop when locks aren't lit, instead of ending in the pops.

Super skill shot does this already; I would love to see more 'true orbit' shots from this game.

#1269 2 years ago

Super skill shot does this already; I would love to see more 'true orbit' shots from this game.

Cool, forgot to try super skill shot yet - left flipper button as usual?

#1270 2 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/626-5085-00
Unfortunately, the thick ones probably won't work on BM66 as they'll get in the way of the left orbit shot. They'd probably be fine for the center ramp and probably OK for the right side of the left ramp.
Here's a pic of the thicker ones on my BDK. You can see how bashed up the right side of the ramp was when the thin rubber broke and wasn't replaced.

Thanks - There is one of them on ghostbusters that if they had used this part it would remove one of the huge airball generators - don't they talk to each other in Stern?!

#1271 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Thanks - There is one of them on ghostbusters that if they had used this part it would remove one of the huge airball generators - don't they talk to each other in Stern?!

Looking again, I don't think the thick ones will fit. The screw holes on BDK are horizontal. The ones on BM66 are vertical IIRC. Bummer.

You could probably order a different bumper and cut it to make it work.

#1272 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Cool, forgot to try super skill shot yet - left flipper button as usual?

yepper....

#1273 2 years ago

This was mentioned already and not my idea, but here is a video on magnet protection.

#1274 2 years ago

Just unboxed my BM66LE. Found a screw rolling around in the box and first mission was to find the culprit!

Having a bitch of a time getting one leg bolt threaded in. Need to find rubber hammer.

Checking on turn table mech guys, take a look at these pics. Gonna fire it up and see if it calibrates itself but the screw actually went to the bottom of the mech. See below.

Bm4 (resized).jpg

Bm3 (resized).jpg

Bm2 (resized).jpg

Bm1 (resized).jpg

#1275 2 years ago

Congrats Ice and welcome to the club! So what's your gadget/episode and the card? Good eye to find the location for that screw. I still can't find where a nut went on mine after owning the game for about a month. Just remember to check on that Batmobile mounting. If it's not loose now, it will be in the future. Then check out the cat mountings on the top of the ramps.

#1276 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just unboxed my BM66LE. Found a screw rolling around in the box and first mission was to find the culprit!
Having a bitch of a time getting one leg bolt threaded in. Need to find rubber hammer.
Checking on turn table mech guys, take a look at these pics. Gonna fire it up and see if it calibrates itself but the screw actually went to the bottom of the mech. See below.

Good luck Ice!!!...glad to see you finally got the bad boy out!!!....Keep us posted ( looks like 2 screws go in that bracket(?)...I'll have to pop mine tomorrow and look ....

#1277 2 years ago

Just a warning to anyone thinking of using locktite to secure the batmobile screws on the spinning disc. The base of the car is plastic. The stuff I used is called Threadlock - and it melted the plastic!!!! Don't know about locktite but assume it would be a similar formulation.

This car is one area Stern really skimped. It's literally a super cheapo Hot Wheels car. And attaching it with a couple of small self tapping screws! Come on Stern - u can do better.

#1278 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Congrats Ice and welcome to the club! So what's your gadget/episode and the card? Good eye to find the location for that screw. I still can't find where a nut went on mine after owning the game for about a month. Just remember to check on that Batmobile mounting. If it's not loose now, it will be in the future. Then check out the cat mountings on the top of the ramps.

Thanks guys, having an issue with the turn table! As in it won't turn

I played with the glass off for a bit, couldn't move forward because table wouldn't turn to allow me to hit the bat phone!

It's not level as in low in front and high in the back. Gonna call Stern to figure out best way to adjust this monster mech without F ing it up further.

I'll take pics of card and episode shortly.

#1279 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I played with the glass off for a bit, couldn't move forward because table wouldn't turn to allow me to hit the bat phone!
It's not level as in low in front and high in the back. Gonna call Stern to figure out best way to adjust this monster mech without F ing it up further.

Check all the connectors that attach to the boards underneath the turntable. Mine wouldn't turn either, and turns out one of the plugs had come loose.

#1280 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just a warning to anyone thinking of using locktite to secure the batmobile screws on the spinning disc. The base of the car is plastic. The stuff I used is called Threadlock - and it melted the plastic!!!! Don't know about locktite but assume it would be a similar formulation.
This car is one area Stern really skimped. It's literally a super cheapo Hot Wheels car. And attaching it with a couple of small self tapping screws! Come on Stern - u can do better.

Very strange.....my BM car was a typical version, with a " pot metal" chassis. The self tapping screws definitely need something like glue or epoxy ( my choice), to insure it doesn't vibrate loose...mine nice and tight now. I use threadlocker quite often on most of my pins with small machine threads ( metal to metal). Helps insure proper switch alignment, etc.

#1281 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Rotisserie definitely needs to be even w playfield....wonder if the missing screw incident caused some kind of misalignment of sorts? I haven't screwed w the underside yet, but definitely looking tomorrow...

#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Check all the connectors that attach to the boards underneath the turntable. Mine wouldn't turn either, and turns out one of the plugs had come loose.

Thanks Cooked, gonna check that now

#1283 2 years ago

Changed my shooter rod Spring from green to purple ( only higher one Terry showed in stock)....major difference!!!...have plenty of "headroom" now for plunging to attempt skill shot...highly recommend ( I'm sure the orange would work great too)

#1284 2 years ago

Welcome to the club ICE......now get that turntable turning and enjoy!

#1285 2 years ago

Give us an update when you can Ice. Post a few more pics of underside of turntable. Maybe somebody will spot something ...

#1286 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Very strange.....my BM car was a typical version, with a " pot metal" chassis.

Are you a SLE or LE? Mine is the cheapest of cheap Hot Wheels (literally) car with full plastic base. (The car itself is metal.)

#1287 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Are you a SLE or LE? Mine is the cheapest of cheap Hot Wheels (literally) car with full plastic base. (The car itself is metal.)

Just LE....must have gotten lucky...it is just pot metal, however, so didn't see a point in attempting to tap the holes and use a proper screw, so not sure it's a whole lot better than the plastic base in this case....

#1288 2 years ago

Thanks guys, got the turntable turning a bit now. Gonna update code from 61 to 65. Had a nice little game with the glass off

On .61 was the bat mobile on the turn table coded? Never was able to get it there, just some non stop answer the phone.

I suspect something is wrong with assembly but let's see if code is the issue now that its moving.

I'll post my card pics next.

#1289 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just LE....must have gotten lucky...it is just pot metal, however, so didn't see a point in attempting to tap the holes and use a proper screw, so not sure it's a whole lot better than the plastic base in this case....

I ended up Aralditing some proper threaded bolts into the holes left by the screws, and bolted the car to the disc using nylon lock nuts. Which is how it should have been done in the first place. Its not going anywhere now.

#1290 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I ended up Aralditing some proper threaded bolts into the holes left by the screws, and bolted the car to the disc using nylon lock nuts. Which is how it should have been done in the first place. Its not going anywhere now.

Very nice!!!

#1291 2 years ago

iceman44 yes the car has code in .65 hoping for new code this week.

#1292 2 years ago

iceman44 yes the car has code in .65 hoping for new code this week.

Thx, i was wondering if it had it in .61? Doesn't really matter, the download is taking forever for .65, will be mañana now!

I've got dead flippers too, don't really need then if i'm only gonna play with the glass off.

#1293 2 years ago

My prem shipped with .65; it's a playable game on .65, but it's not awesome. Some stuff lights and does nothing, some stuff doesn't light and does stuff.

#1294 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thx, i was wondering if it had it in .61? Doesn't really matter, the download is taking forever for .65, will be mañana now!
I've got dead flippers too, don't really need then if i'm only gonna play with the glass off.

Drats Ice.....yes the spinner did show with. 61....hopefully the new code clears it all up....big download, so yeah, gonna take time...

#1295 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

On .61 was the bat mobile on the turn table coded? Never was able to get it there, just some non stop answer the phone.

As I recall, of the three positions of the rotisserie, it's: (1) The television at game start and when not in a mode, (2) The Batphone only presents itself for starting a mode, but then for a short time, and (3) The Batmobile spinner during modes. I can't remember for sure, but the television might be front during Joker or Penguin modes. Funny, how I can't remember that. Must be Joker Confusion spray or something confusing me.

#1296 2 years ago

Here's how my riddler plastic turned out in scale relationship to the ornaments. The color is better than the picture is showng and the plastic is the neon green edge glow

jcr (resized).jpg

#1297 2 years ago

Looks awesome man! Fingers crossed George's umpteenth code promise comes through later today.

#1298 2 years ago

Apart from the Hot Wheels Batmobile, the other cheap ass thing on this game is the bat sticker around the lock down bar button. That thing looks 100% crap. Im guessing the pin striping on the SLE is the same red adhesive stuff. I cant believe Stern sent the games out like that. They should be making a proper laser cut alloy one like every other game (that was cheaper) and sending them to all owners.

#1299 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Apart from the Hot Wheels Batmobile, the other cheap ass thing on this game is the bat sticker around the lock down bar button. That thing looks 100% crap. Im guessing the pin striping on the SLE is the same red adhesive stuff. I cant believe Stern sent the games out like that. They should be making a proper laser cut alloy one like every other game (that was cheaper) and sending them to all owners.

I think someone was talking about making a laser cut metal emblem mod for the lockdown bar button?

#1300 2 years ago

Where's the new code?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 14614 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 293.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside