IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 374.
#12751 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

On Kaneda's latest podcast he mentioned again that a new Batman66 art package is coming and he recommended potential buys wait to see it before getting the current art package.
Although still a rumor, I dont think it's as far fetched as his other recent predictions. They did it with AC/DC Luci so why not Batman to drive more sales? Could see a bump in sales if they coupled a new art release along with updated code.
I think Franchi would jump at the chance to revisit it since he was so rushed the first time.
If they ran out of the current playfields, plastics, translites, etc and had to order new ones the only new cost would be however much Franchi charges to do a refresh.
Since he's such a huge Batman fan, he might do it on the cheap just cuz he wants it to look as detailed as his more recent games.

The updated art, IMO, wold just be the decals on the machine. I can't see Stern doing a new playfield for batman. The only difference on the playfield for the AC/DC Luci version was the lower playfield. Game of Thrones did have different playfields for all 3 versions.

From what I can tell, it doesn't seem like Stern needs to refresh the art on this game. It seems to be selling pretty well. If anything, I can see the license being extended to make up for the lackluster sales when it was first released.

#12752 4 years ago

If there is a new art package coming, I hope I get a choice before my April run game ships. I like the art as is, but would be cool to have the option.

#12753 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

On Kaneda's latest podcast he mentioned again that a new Batman66 art package is coming and he recommended potential buys wait to see it before getting the current art package.
Although still a rumor, I dont think it's as far fetched as his other recent predictions. They did it with AC/DC Luci so why not Batman to drive more sales? Could see a bump in sales if they coupled a new art release along with updated code.
I think Franchi would jump at the chance to revisit it since he was so rushed the first time.
If they ran out of the current playfields, plastics, translites, etc and had to order new ones the only new cost would be however much Franchi charges to do a refresh.
Since he's such a huge Batman fan, he might do it on the cheap just cuz he wants it to look as detailed as his more recent games.

What's his source? A guy on pinside like his latest rumors? He's 0 for his last 20 predictions, he literally got every prediction wrong for TPF except YBR WOZ which everyone knew. Is new BM66 art possible? Sure -- but honestly it's a fool me once shame on you, fool me twenty times shame on me thing with anyone buying K's predictions at this point. Can you imagine how SLE and LE owners would react to a new art package where Franchi, "got to do it right this time?" Stern probably doesn't care, but it would be interesting.

Here's the deal. If he's right on this one I'll look at him in a whole new light as this is actually useful information that could prevent people from getting screwed buying the last of the old premium art work (like I did). If he's wrong can people just stop spewing his nonsense on the forums? It's fine to listen to the guy, but it just jams up threads with misinformation. Okay, that's a futile plea -- the K heads (hi rascal!) live to fill this forum with useless nonsense. I guess everyone needs hobbies.

#12754 4 years ago

I will be very annoyed if there is a new playfield that I like better.

The Premium head and side art is uninspired. Maybe Stern runs new decals. But I don’t see it. Why go through the expense?

#12755 4 years ago

A BM66CWE might be a very tasty morsel indeed...it may even turn out purrrrfect!

#12756 4 years ago

Who’s to say the new art would be better than the existing art? I’m not sure I want to give up my game now for one that may never happen,or again, is different but not necessarily more appealing. I like what I see now!

#12757 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Depends which version of the Stern projector you have.
If you want the projector to be activated via the game code and turn on and off during gameplay you need the projector that came with node boards. Stern sold that version for $250.
Stern also produced a version specific to LE owners for $200. The LE owners already have the topper that includes node boards that activate all the various topper lights and can also control the projector.
If you have the $200 version and you dont have the controlling node boards than it cant be activated by the game code.
You should still be able connect it and have it just be on whenever the game is on. I believe the Stern version requires 48 volts to run the projector. There should be a relay board with your projector that has an input for the 48v projector power and a 12v or 5v control signal to toggle the relay.

Thanks so much for that detailed reply.
Helps me understand it.
Cheers

#12758 4 years ago

George Gomez just posted a couple pics on Facebook today, including this one of Batman being back on the line.

54730997_10156426641146492_971518089071951872_n (resized).jpg54730997_10156426641146492_971518089071951872_n (resized).jpg

#12759 4 years ago

Is that the LE backbox decal with the premium cab?

#12760 4 years ago

Was eager to see if I got a signed card, and was pleasantly surprised to find this in the box...

IMG_20190402_143136 (resized).jpgIMG_20190402_143136 (resized).jpg
#12761 4 years ago

It’s not great the way they keep changing the artwork to be honest.
I placed an order for BM66 and loved the Bat Girl decal on the head unit......
looks like it’s changed to have Batman on one side and robin on the other, wasn’t that the original design for Premium?

#12762 4 years ago

I wonder if this is part of the new art package, that's been rumored?

#12763 4 years ago
Quoted from kingau:

I wonder if this is part of the new art package, that's been rumored?

I got a premium a week ago (made in october) and it's Batman on one side and Robin on the other. Has this been changing? I thought Batgirl was an LE thing?

edit: yeah, in looking at the marketplace archive the premium backbox art has been batman on one side and Robin as far as I went back (there was a launch machine with the same decals). Everything looks the same so far then.

#12764 4 years ago

Batgirl definitely not an LE thing, if you go on the Stern website under Premium you will see the decal has Batgirl.
To be honest this is an own goal in my opinion as the cabinet is already laden with Batman and robin so why put them both again over the head unit?
It was way cooler with BatGirl and was much more looking forward to having that artwork in a few days - bummer !
Poor decision in my opinion

#12765 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I got a premium a week ago and it's Batman on one side and Robin on the other. Has this been changing? I thought Batgirl was an LE thing?

good to know.
on the stern web site batgirl is on the premium.

#12766 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Batgirl definitely not an LE thing, if you go on the Stern website under Premium you will see the decal has Batgirl.
To be honest this is an own goal in my opinion as the cabinet is already laden with Batman and robin so why put them both again over the head unit?
It was way cooler with BatGirl and was much more looking forward to having that artwork in a few days - bummer !
Poor decision in my opinion

I think Stern's website has been mixed up for a while, looking through market place archive and all the premiums I saw had batman on one side and robin on the other. Once again, I actually have a premium and that's how the decal is. It's bloody confusing because of Stern's website and distributor pictures (probably from website).

#12767 4 years ago

I think Stern's website has been mixed up for a while, looking through market place archive and all the premiums I saw had batman on one side and robin on the other. Once again, I actually have a premium and that's how the decal is. It's bloody confusing because of Stern's website and distributor pictures (probably from website).

Those pics were taken before production started, and Stern changed the stickers early on. The LE has Batgirl

#12768 4 years ago

Correct, the original premium artwork had Batman one side and robin on the other.
They then changed to have Batgirl on the head unit most probably due to overuse of the dynamic duo on the entire cab.
Looks like they either ran out of Batgirl decals or someone had a brain relapse on the production line and reverted back to the original schematics either way I ain’t too happy when I see no Batgirl on my delivery in a few days

#12769 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Those pics were taken before production started, and Stern changed the stickers early on. The LE has Batgirl

Gracias! Yeah, I went back earlier in this thread and saw that Stern switch the decals on the production machine. It's pretty weird that their website is still wrong and so are most distributors.

#12770 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Ahh right, can you buy the Batgirl decals, if that’s the case?

#12771 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

this is correct

#12772 4 years ago

Noticed an air bubble in the right side of my decal by the flipper button.

Anyone else have this? I noticed it the second I pulled it out of the box, so not sure how this passed QC.

#12773 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Noticed an air bubble in the right side of my decal by the flipper button.
Anyone else have this? I noticed it the second I pulled it out of the box, so not sure how this passed QC.

How bad is it?
Got a pic ...... maybe worth sticking a pin in it to flatten out?

#12774 4 years ago

The flyers and most of the Batman publicity photos have never been updated and are ‘wrong’.

The correct production decals for the Premium head cabinet are Batman (left) Robin (right). Batgirl is on both sides of the LE. There are a few early Premiums that went out with the Batgirl decals but that was changed very early on.

#12775 4 years ago

I'd rather have Batman and Robin decals on my LE instead of Batgirl. Not enough of the dynamic duo on the LE art package. Putting Batgirl on the premiums and Batman and Robin on the LE's would have been better choice. That's the way it was on the flyers. Not sure why they changed it.

#12776 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'd rather have Batman and Robin decals on my LE instead of Batgirl. Not enough of the dynamic duo on the LE art package. Putting Batgirl on the premiums and Batman and Robin on the LE's would have been better choice. That's the way it was on the flyers. Not sure why they changed it.

I really like the batgirl decals, but I have to say I'm pretty happy with the premium decals as is even though I can see why some would complain that it's too much with the cabinet decals. I think I'd feel the same way if I had the LE too. The campiness of the boy wonder is hard to top.

On more substantive matters, I'm feeling pretty spoiled that there's more code coming for this game.

#12777 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

This is exactly the point I was trying to make.
The Premium is now riddled with the dynamic duo when Batgirl would have broke it up and the LE is lacking....
Stern Brain fart injection courtesy of the Joker

#12778 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I’m the reverse. I prefer Batgirl on the LE but it would have been nice to have Batman and Robin on one side. However the Premium has too much of the dynamic duo.

#12779 4 years ago

On more substantive matters, I'm feeling pretty spoiled that there's more code coming for this game.

Indeed. Probably just cleanup and light shows but looking forward to it.

#12780 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m the reverse. I prefer Batgirl on the LE but it would have been nice to have Batman and Robin on one side. However the Premium has too much of the dynamic duo.

Agreed, I also prefer Batgirl on the LE.

#12781 4 years ago

Hello fellas I got a question I recently purchase a new B66 back in January everything works great and now all of sudden the auto plunger seems really week sometimes it cant even get out of the shooter lane and it struggles to makes it to the back of the lanes I check the settings on power strength and even max it 255 its starts working good and then it seems like it gets tired and gets week again? Any help would be appreciated

#12782 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Agreed, I also prefer Batgirl on the LE.

Yep give me that gorgeous Batgirl on the LE anyday, matches in with the rest of the villains on the LE.

#12783 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

How bad is it?
Got a pic ...... maybe worth sticking a pin in it to flatten out?

Ik have the same on both sides, it's like a little wrinkle that runs towards the siderails.

#12784 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Hello fellas I got a question I recently purchase a new B66 back in January everything works great and now all of sudden the auto plunger seems really week sometimes it cant even get out of the shooter lane and it struggles to makes it to the back of the lanes I check the settings on power strength and even max it 255 its starts working good and then it seems like it gets tired and gets week again? Any help would be appreciated

Does it get more “tired’ the longer the game is on? The coil may be overheating. Or it could be as simple as the plunger not being aligned properly and/or the housing loose. Is there any issue using the manual plunger?

#12785 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The flyers and most of the Batman publicity photos have never been updated and are ‘wrong’.

I've seen this happen with other games. If you look up Star Trek, it still shows the original warp catapult, which was never in the final game. They seem to archive their initial announcement photos and never update them.

#12786 4 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Yep give me that gorgeous Batgirl on the LE anyday, matches in with the rest of the villains on the LE.

Ditto...LE just right for me...Batman and Robin on translite, Batgirl on the sides, villains on cab sides...Perfect!!!

#12787 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I've seen this happen with other games. If you look up Star Trek, it still shows the original warp catapult, which was never in the final game. They seem to archive their initial announcement photos and never update them.

This picture is right off of the Stern Star Trek page:
Star Trek LE Original Ramp Design (resized).JPGStar Trek LE Original Ramp Design (resized).JPG

#12788 4 years ago

Any suggestions on a good rules sheet to read? I have no idea what I'm doing haha.

Played a couple of games last night, and I jailed all 4 major villains, and then had the Bat signal flashing. Couldn't figure out what to hit to start it, but I eventually got it going (no idea how) and started a 4 or 5 ball mode (no idea which one).

Game is an absolute blast, but really have no idea what going on!

#12789 4 years ago

Any suggestions on a good rules sheet to read? I have no idea what I'm doing haha.
Played a couple of games last night, and I jailed all 4 major villains, and then had the Bat signal flashing. Couldn't figure out what to hit to start it, but I eventually got it going (no idea how) and started a 4 or 5 ball mode (no idea which one).

http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet

#12790 4 years ago

Any suggestions on a good rules sheet to read?

https://images.pinside.com/1/66/e4/166e4fcab50b21e00aa7ac0c4b79c73b69df5dc8.jpg

166e4fcab50b21e00aa7ac0c4b79c73b69df5dc8 (resized).jpg166e4fcab50b21e00aa7ac0c4b79c73b69df5dc8 (resized).jpg
#12791 4 years ago

Hope I can get some help, I had to take apart the center mechanism to replace my broken flat spinner assembly, where the batmobile sits. The flat spinner arm broke at the welding point. I got it all put back together and it's not rotating or registering. I've included a couple pics, I think I don't have the Driven Geneva Wheel (page 48 manual) in there correctly? There is no good diagram in manual on how this is suppose to go in, with the slots and such. Also, will have to check wiring as the Atomic Pile isn't even on, the lighting or switches registering.

Also, the plastic guard in the second pic, does the little extension at the bottom go on inside or outside of the metal brackets?

image1 (006) (resized).jpgimage1 (006) (resized).jpgimage2 (006) (resized).jpgimage2 (006) (resized).jpg

#12792 4 years ago

Grab a few beers and settle in for a few hours......

#12793 4 years ago

My Batman is arriving Friday. Have a playfield protector. Anything else I need to install before I fire it up?

#12794 4 years ago

Im literally joining the club right now

IMG_2974 (resized).jpgIMG_2974 (resized).jpg
#12795 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Im literally joining the club right now
[quoted image]

Cool! Enjoy - it's a bitchin' game!

#12796 4 years ago

Went to update software and nothing happened on boot up. Does the USB have to be formatted FAT32, or will exFAT work?

Also, do you have to move dip switch 8 over like SAM?

#12797 4 years ago

Went to update software and nothing happened on boot up. Does the USB have to be formatted FAT32, or will exFAT work?
Also, do you have to move dip switch 8 over like SAM?

FAT32

No.

Make sure nothing on the stick except the files unzipped from the downloaded code zip and make sure they are in the root directory

#12798 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

FAT32
No.
Make sure nothing on the stick except the files unzipped from the downloaded code zip and make sure they are in the root directory

My stick is exFAT, so I think that's the issue.

#12799 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Hope I can get some help, I had to take apart the center mechanism to replace my broken flat spinner assembly, where the batmobile sits. The flat spinner arm broke at the welding point. I got it all put back together and it's not rotating or registering. I've included a couple pics, I think I don't have the Driven Geneva Wheel (page 48 manual) in there correctly? There is no good diagram in manual on how this is suppose to go in, with the slots and such. Also, will have to check wiring as the Atomic Pile isn't even on, the lighting or switches registering.
Also, the plastic guard in the second pic, does the little extension at the bottom go on inside or outside of the metal brackets?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I hope these help you.
20190404_001537 (resized).jpg20190404_001537 (resized).jpg20190404_001600 (resized).jpg20190404_001600 (resized).jpg20190404_001607 (resized).jpg20190404_001607 (resized).jpg20190404_001651 (resized).jpg20190404_001651 (resized).jpg20190404_001754 (resized).jpg20190404_001754 (resized).jpg20190404_001841 (resized).jpg20190404_001841 (resized).jpg20190404_001843 (resized).jpg20190404_001843 (resized).jpg

20190404_002522 (resized).jpg20190404_002522 (resized).jpg
#12800 4 years ago

this game is so awesome, had a nice game yesterday where i botched all of my minor villain strategies but had a decent 3 billion score just with major villains and Villain escape.

It's just plain fun no matter in which direction a game progresses

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 34.99
Pinball Machine
Almighty Mods
Pinball Machine
$ 49.99
There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/256?hl=cadmium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.