IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 374.
#12501 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

And... I've put a game on hold!
Right when I said I wasn't going to be buying any more pinball machines haha!

Yeah keep telling yourself that. lol I would Bet we all said only 1 more about 10 machines ago. I have run out of stories to tell my wife already now she just says "yeah I know, we Got to get it" lol

#12502 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

generation game room jump!

Don’t you mean “Holy Generation Game Room Jump Batman!”

#12503 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Don’t you mean “Holy Generation Game Room Jump Batman!”

Oddly enough, three of the four machines are "firsts".
Home Run was Gottlieb's first 3" flipper machine.
Cleopatra was Gottlieb's first solid state machine.
And Batman 66 is Stern's first LED display.

Other companys did those things earlier - but they are still firsts for Gottlieb and Stern. I just realized this probably only interesting to me.

#12504 5 years ago
Quoted from iohonnes:

ot my Batman 66 Premium last night. It's my one and only NIB purchase - it's newer than my other machines by more than 40 years. It's also one of the December 2018 builds with an Adam West card.

Welcome to the 21st century!!!!

#12505 5 years ago
Quoted from iohonnes:

Got my Batman 66 Premium last night. It's my one and only NIB purchase - it's newer than my other machines by more than 40 years. It's also one of the December 2018 builds with an Adam West card.

That is a cool lineup. Congrats on the BM66 - you made a great choice.

#12506 5 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Underneath the plate that covers the crane mechanism is a small board with optos. A arm with a metal tab passes through the optos to stop over each playfield insert. (You can see this action in the test mech menu for the crane or turntable) The metal flag has a screw on the bottom to loosen or tighten that tab which has a cut out to advance or retard the crane mech when it passses over the inserts or going to the far end or home position. It will take a little patience to get it corrected. Some have even added a very small amount of tape slightly larger than the metal tab to help it to stop it before it slams over to the stop position.

This - with changing the lag time - got me to place where it was mostly on center both CW and CCW. Thanks for the tips.

Another thing I'm finding funny - with my EMs all the weight is in the cabinet. With Batman, all the weight is on the playfield, especially with two motor assemblies. Lifting the playfield is a vastly different experience.

#12507 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Go to the service menu and set the Penguin Lag Adjustment setting to zero and power cycle the machine.

That fixed it for me. Thanks Thundergod76!

#12508 5 years ago

So got a new GC today. It was the first time I was successful at executing the Bookworm > Freeze strategy. It's not a great score I know, but my best so far on this latest code.

I did notice something a bit odd. I was working on Bookworm and started a Bat-phone hurry up. The small TV screen on the turn table was facing me, it had a picture of the phone on it. But when I hit it, it did not collect the hurry up and start the major villain (Riddler I believe). I finished Bookworm and the turntable never rotated to present the phone to me. Since the small TV was showing the phone, I thought hitting that would collect it. But it did not. Just throwing that out there. I'm not super clear on everything that was running and the order of events. But I think that's the gist of it.

Image-2 (resized).pngImage-2 (resized).png
#12509 5 years ago

Does anyone know if/when the bat signal light at the back right of the playfield ever turns on during the game? It flashes during the attract mode but never comes on in a game.

#12510 5 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Does anyone know if/when the bat signal light at the back right of the playfield ever turns on during the game? It flashes during the attract mode but never comes on in a game.

It comes on for sure when it kicks the ball out of the back mystery/TV shot right below it.

#12511 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

So got a new GC today. It was the first time I was successful at executing the Bookworm > Freeze strategy. It's not a great score I know, but my best so far on this latest code.
I did notice something a bit odd. I was working on Bookworm and started a Bat-phone hurry up. The small TV screen on the turn table was facing me, it had a picture of the phone on it. But when I hit it, it did not collect the hurry up and start the major villain (Riddler I believe). I finished Bookworm and the turntable never rotated to present the phone to me. Since the small TV was showing the phone, I thought hitting that would collect it. But it did not. Just throwing that out there. I'm not super clear on everything that was running and the order of events. But I think that's the gist of it. [quoted image]

I've had the turntable error like that before, you either need to time out the hurry up or make that really tight shot to the phone stand ups, I've never found a cause for the error, but I think it's tied to the animations.

#12512 5 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

It comes on for sure when it kicks the ball out of the back mystery/TV shot right below it.

Hmmm, haven't seen that happen, but I'll check. Thx!

I'm talking about the little spotlight toy, not the yellow bat signal graphic on the backboard panel decal, just to be clear.

#12513 5 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

As mentioned above but also when a wizard mode is lit or as Batusi or Villain Escape SJPs are lit.

#12514 5 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Hmmm, haven't seen that happen, but I'll check. Thx!
I'm talking about the little spotlight toy, not the yellow bat signal graphic on the backboard panel decal, just to be clear.

I rewired mine to that batlight on the backboard for that reason.

#12515 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Officially joined the club today- yeah!
I had my BM66 scheduled to arrive today and got the call this morning that my Munsters LE had just arrived.

Congrats on the new games! After you recover from that punch to your pocketbook, make sure to get an atomic pile mod from Yelobird ...it really helps complete that feel of finish and quality that the game has become!

#12516 5 years ago

I did notice something a bit odd. I was working on Bookworm and started a Bat-phone hurry up. The small TV screen on the turn table was facing me, it had a picture of the phone on it. But when I hit it, it did not collect the hurry up and start the major villain (Riddler I believe)

I don't know if it's switch compensation, loose rules on the turntable or just a minor bug. For example, if you can super skill shot the bat phone while the turntable is still resetting, you can instantly start joker.

Has anyone else had the background TV stay with a snowy picture? I had it happen twice one day, thought I knew how to reproduce it, but couldn't. I had a minor and major villain running together, put the minor villain (bookworm) on the main channel and joker on the smaller tv. Joker just had a snowy picture, but the mode shots were still working.

Rob

#12517 5 years ago

So got a new GC today. It was the first time I was successful at executing the Bookworm > Freeze strategy.

Nice!

#12518 5 years ago

The blue rubber on the right side of the right ramp should have been longer to cover the side of the ramp too. It's a dead spot for the ball to hit when in the pop bumpers. I might put a piece of rubber here if I can find something suitable.

Rob

20190223_153658 (resized).jpg20190223_153658 (resized).jpg
#12519 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I rewired mine to that batlight on the backboard for that reason.

Nice idea, to get Bat toy signal light working during game play, could you explain how and where you wired that?

#12520 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Nice idea, to get Bat toy signal light working during game play, could you explain how and where you wired that?

Yeh, was sick of it never doing anything so soldered it to the same LED behind the backboard. I’ll take a pic when I get home tonight.

#12521 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, was sick of it never doing anything so soldered it to the same LED behind the backboard. I’ll take a pic when I get home tonight.

While I'm tempted (extremely)as are many others are to get the soldering iron out Lyman no doubt is coding it for more use when the next update comes.
Risk or reward?

#12522 5 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

While I'm tempted (extremely)as are many others are to get the soldering iron out Lyman no doubt is coding it for more use when the next update comes.
Risk or reward?

Yeh, I'm assuming it will be more active in future code, but until then soldering is an easy fix, and completely reversible.

#12523 5 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Congrats on the new games! After you recover from that punch to your pocketbook, make sure to get an atomic pile mod from yelobird ...it really helps complete that feel of finish and quality that the game has become!

What mod is it you have a link? Couldn't find anything

#12525 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, I'm assuming it will be more active in future code, but until then soldering is an easy fix, and completely reversible.

Yup you know I'll be doing it tomorrow.....

#12526 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

What mod is it you have a link? Couldn't find anything

Blackzarak, congrats on the game, 8:00 mins into the vid are the mods I installed into my Batman 66, the Atomic Pile was already installed which I talk about in the video.

#12527 5 years ago

So here’s the simple wiring mod to have the batlight working on a regular basis. As you can see from the video, it’s a lot more active, but obviously doesn’t work when programmed (which is almost never at the moment).

Can’t remember, but I think the original light mod had a connector so it was plug and play to the harness under the pf. I Cut that off with enough wire left so i could re-solder it back on later. Fed the wires through the plastic and behind the backboard.

With the pf pulled out and as far as it will sit on rails, i unscrewed the hex screw from backboard batlight led so I could lift the led up to the top. Then soldered the wires from the batlight. Was a bit tricky - you could possibly also do it from underneath with the pf fully raised.

Soldered the wires from the batlight directly the led for the backboard batlight as in the photo. The twisted red and yellow wires are the ones coming from the batlight mod.

Ps: bit embarrassed by how rough the soldering job .

Pps: I’m now wondering if you could dual wire it so it’s connected to the original connection and also the backboard backbox led.

632E74A2-5523-418A-84A3-5A22F2149E1E (resized).jpeg632E74A2-5523-418A-84A3-5A22F2149E1E (resized).jpegFD621A60-C29E-451B-A8A5-1A89540C3BF5 (resized).jpegFD621A60-C29E-451B-A8A5-1A89540C3BF5 (resized).jpeg

#12528 5 years ago

I did notice something a bit odd. I was working on Bookworm and started a Bat-phone hurry up. The small TV screen on the turn table was facing me, it had a picture of the phone on it. But when I hit it, it did not collect the hurry up and start the major villain (Riddler I believe). I finished Bookworm and the turntable never rotated to present the phone to me. Since the small TV was showing the phone, I thought hitting that would collect it. But it did not. Just throwing that out there. I'm not super clear on everything that was running and the order of events. But I think that's the gist of it. [quoted image]

I've seen this before a couple times, my guess is when one feature tells the turntable to "turn right to xxx" and a different feature says "turn left to yyy" before the first is completed, then the turntable gets confused and just kind of hangs out in place awaiting further instructions. Note that individual features have different requirements for counting a turntable hit, for example, the Bat Phone can only be answered by hitting the "phone" target, regardless of where the turntable is spun. So you can really get stuck here because there's no way to time out a Frozen phone!!

#12529 5 years ago

Hey guys,
Is that Bat Woman I see on the head unit decals on the later run of Premium BM66 machines?
If so......nice

#12530 5 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hey guys,
Is that Bat Woman I see on the head unit decals on the later run of Premium BM66 machines?
If so......nice

Kinda - Bat Girl.
Agreed - Nice!

#12531 5 years ago

Where is a good place to get the Batman side rails, like on the LE or super LE? Marco has been out for awhile.

#12532 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Where is a good place to get the Batman side rails, like on the LE or super LE? Marco has been out for awhile.

Given BM66 has been out a while: Probably directly from Stern, or get standard Stern lollipop rails & get them refinished to match LE/SLE rails

#12533 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

PM sent

#12534 5 years ago

I'm interested in a set myself, but I like the standard black that's already on the Premium.

#12535 5 years ago

I thought the set on marco was like $400 which seems stupid for 2 side rails with batwing contours. I can see them being a tad more than straight ones, but not that crazy. These were standard black texture coated also which would be my choice as I wouldn't want to change the whole trim kit.

#12536 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I recommend going to Steve at the pinball refinery. He sells the correct Batman armor as a complete kit with matched powder coating done. Link below.

https://mipinballrefinery.com/store-to-order-upgrades#!/Custom-Powder-Coated-Armor-for-Batman-66-Premium/p/79623632/category=22592095

#12537 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I recommend going to Steve at the pinball refinery. He sells the correct Batman armor as a complete kit with matched powder coating done. Link below.
https://mipinballrefinery.com/store-to-order-upgrades#!/Custom-Powder-Coated-Armor-for-Batman-66-Premium/p/79623632/category=22592095

Yelobird, Not saying you are wrong, but I thought the same thing about Steve providing the bat wing rails. Those pics are not accurate in Steve's ad for powder coating. If you read the fine print it says .

Kit includes:

Triangle shaped side rails, powder coating your lockdown bar, left and right side rails, left and right hinges and 4 legs

These rails are not the bat wing rails as I thought. The rails sent to me were the loli-pop rails. I received the armor powder coated from Steve and installed it on my Star Wars. I purchased the correct Bat Wing rails from Coin Taker at the time, sent them to Steve and had them powder coated which game out awesome. This ad I believe does not provide the Bat Wing rails. At least that is how it was when I purchased the armor from Steve. You may want to ask before buying. Hope this helps.

#12538 5 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Yelobird, Not saying you are wrong, but I thought the same thing about Steve providing the bat wing rails. Those pics are not accurate in Steve's ad for powder coating. If you read the fine print it says .
Kit includes:
Triangle shaped side rails, powder coating your lockdown bar, left and right side rails, left and right hinges and 4 legs
These rails are not the bat wing rails as I thought. The rails sent to me were the loli-pop rails. I received the armor powder coated from Steve and installed it on my Star Wars. I purchased the correct Bat Wing rails from Coin Taker at the time, sent them to Steve and had them powder coated which game out awesome. This ad I believe does not provide the Bat Wing rails. At least that is how it was when I purchased the armor from Steve. You may want to ask before buying. Hope this helps.

My apologies it was my understanding that he was selling what was presented in his advert? Guess it would be best to ask #HemiOrange Steve directly. Definitely needs to be the winged blades for this game plus he works with Coin Taker so I would assume thats what he is selling.

#12539 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

My apologies it was my understanding that he was selling what was presented in his advert? Guess it would be best to ask #HemiOrange Steve directly. Definitely needs to be the winged blades for this game plus he works with Coin Taker so I would assume thats what he is selling.

no problem, that's what I assumed but it did not work out that way. Steve already had the loli pops powder coated and shipped back to me when I called and talked with him. I had to order from Cointaker and have the bat winged rails sent to Steve. I know Steve and Cointaker work together, but unfortunately I had to do the leg work and order the rails from Cointaker and pay for shipping to Steve. Anyone wanting to order, I would highly suggest calling and talking to Steve first. $400.00 for the full powder coat of all the parts and bat wing rails seems pretty cheap to me. That is why I ordered it in the first place. Also the Batman logo back box hinges are not included in this package. You get just standard back box hinges.

#12540 5 years ago

When do the slingshot flashers go on during gameplay? I put the Mezelmod siren domes over them and then played a game, without the flashers going on. Tested the flashers and they work. I’ve never paid attention to these when I play...

#12541 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

When do the slingshot flashers go on during gameplay? I put the Mezelmod siren domes over them and then played a game, without the flashers going on. Tested the flashers and they work. I’ve never paid attention to these when I play...

They haven't come on since an early release of code. The good news is that Lyman has a history of putting out a late code update that really improves the lightshow, so there's hope for it.

#12542 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

They haven't come on since an early release of code. The good news is that Lyman has a history of putting out a late code update that really improves the lightshow, so there's hope for it.

Oh, that's interesting. Thanks!

#12543 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Over them or in place of the domes? I originally assumed they went Over the stock domes and in a short time cracked each rib of the siren mod. After a minor repair I Removed the stock domes and installed correctly and have looked great ever since. Plus they light up Much better now without my mistake.

#12544 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Over them or in place of the domes? I originally assumed they went Over the stock domes and in a short time cracked each rib of the siren mod. After a minor repair I Removed the stock domes and installed correctly and have looked great ever since. Plus they light up Much better now without my mistake.

I removed the stock domes, but not a lot of light flashing going on...

#12545 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I removed the stock domes, but not a lot of light flashing going on...

Nope. As others have pointed out, currently the only time I see them is in attract mode. Not sure if it would be to much but I would like to see these activated when the slings fire.

#12546 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Nope. As others have pointed out, currently the only time I see them is in attract mode. Not sure if it would be to much but I would like to see these activated when the slings fire.

Or at least an option to add that in the menu. The stock domes are quite a bit brighter than the siren mod, so I can see how Lyman might have bagged it. It would be nice to see at least in some modes.

#12547 5 years ago

I had a rubber break in the turn table and had to tear it down and replace. I had an amazing game going after, for $18bil. But I had 2 minor and major wizards. Seams I could’ve been much higher. I had 4x screen multiplier on king tut. I noticed I wasn’t getting batturn during my games. Also no play field multiplier. If in king tut 4x mode is that the play field multiplier? Or did I mess a switch or something up when repairing and it’s not registering? I swear I hit that damn batturn a lot during multi balls and the insert was flashing, as it does before a few more hits to start batturn. Any thoughts?

#12548 5 years ago

I am new to the Batman party but played the game 10 times or so on location and feel completely hooked by the gameplay and code it offers.

Quick question... does the premium come with shaker motor? If not, does it need one? Was so caught up playing the game I don’t recall if there was one or not.

Any other “have to have” mods? Just trying to figure out once I pay the high ticket price if I need to invest much more. Premium playfield really seemed to be as packed if not more packed then many of the LEs I own. So cool!

Thanks in advance.

#12549 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Quick question... does the premium come with shaker motor? If not, does it need one? Was so caught up playing the game I don’t recall if there was one or not.

No shaker included in the premium. Shaker integration is very well done, basically every shot that counts towards major/minor villain completion gets a rumble. When capturing a villain the floor starts to shake!
personally i love shakers so i may be a bit biased

#12550 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Any other “have to have” mods? Just trying to figure out once I pay the high ticket price if I need to invest much more. Premium playfield really seemed to be as packed if not more packed then many of the LEs I own. So cool!
Thanks in advance.

There are quite a few posts in the thread about mods and there are many good ones. If you only get one, get the atomic pile mod from the mod couple. That is hands down the best mod for any recent Stern game and transforms the turntable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/251?hl=damien and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.