IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 374.
#12401 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I thought Kevin O'Connor did the art on those?
Franchi wanted blades that showcased all the great gadgets he drew for 120 "gadget" LE's but Stern decided not to produce them.
[quoted image]

Correct, Stern did NOT produce the gadget blades but I DID. I made 5 sets. 1 pair are on my ESLE 1 of 1, 1 pair is on Joe Kaminkos game, and 3 other lucky people who nabbed a set from me at an expo got them. No more exist. All gone.

#12402 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In one of his seminar talks he said he had very little time to do the art package so he focused on doing all the characters along with all the gadgets for the LE plaques. I thought he said the other more generic non-character stuff (buildings, backgrounds, fight words, etc) was work that was done by Kevin O'Connor (or maybe Greg too) in order to get everything done in time.
I remember briefly seeing some other definite Franchi art blades at one point (Marco's maybe?) but never saw them installed on a machine so not sure if they were actually produced or not.
I'll have to ask Chris about that if I see him at TPF.
[quoted image]

Yes, Kevin O’Connor already had the playfield art done by the time I came on board, just 4 weeks before reveal. I replaced all of his character photos with new illustrations on the playfield, but that’s all I did for that. As far as those art blades, I thought Stern had produced those. The set with the character art you show in your post. Did they not??

#12403 5 years ago

Turns out there are good points in late game egghead stacked with villain escape.

20190214_210433 (resized).jpg20190214_210433 (resized).jpg
#12404 5 years ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

Yes, Kevin O’Connor already had the playfield art done by the time I came on board, just 4 weeks before reveal. I replaced all of his character photos with new illustrations on the playfield, but that’s all I did for that. As far as those art blades, I thought Stern had produced those. The set with the character art you show in your post. Did they not??

I only saw the character art blades for a short time on Marco's site a long time ago. I've never seen them on anyone's game is that's that's why I wondered if they ever got produced.

So you didnt start working on the game until 4 weeks before expo 2016? I didnt realize it was that close. That's amazing!

#12405 5 years ago

Have had my BM66 for a few days now and a few issues. The lower GI has gone out twice now while playing a game but when I recycle power it comes back fine. Also while playing the villain multi-ball I have briefly lost power to my flippers a few times. Anybody else with these issues? I plan on contacting my distributor tomorrow about the issues.

#12406 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Have had my BM66 for a few days now and a few issues. The lower GI has gone out twice now while playing a game but when I recycle power it comes back fine. Also while playing the villain multi-ball I have briefly lost power to my flippers a few times. Anybody else with these issues? I plan on contacting my distributor tomorrow about the issues.

sounds very strange, was it NIB? Maybe worth checking all the connections to the boards and specifically to the large power board (make sure the game is off).

#12407 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

sounds very strange, was it NIB? Maybe worth checking all the connections to the boards and specifically to the large power board (make sure the game is off).

Yes it was NIB, thanks for the advice.

#12408 5 years ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

I did NOT design the art blades with the cityscape and the BAM and POW! Those were created by Kevin O’Conner.

Thanks for correcting that for us, usually PBL is pretty well versed with all things pinball, guess they made a false assumption there.

#12409 5 years ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

Correct, Stern did NOT produce the gadget blades but I DID. I made 5 sets. 1 pair are on my ESLE 1 of 1, 1 pair is on Joe Kaminkos game, and 3 other lucky people who nabbed a set from me at an expo got them. No more exist. All gone.

What ever happened with the 66 Movie posters you were making last summer? We
never heard back.

#12410 5 years ago

Looking for a quick opinion from BM66 owners.
Just spent a few hours playing a BM66 LE last night and my family loved the pin.
I did like the powder coated trim and topper as well.
I’m thinking of getting either a NIB premium or a huo LE.
Problem is LEs don’t pop up locally very often.
Question is: do you guys feel the LE offers enough upgrades such that I patiently wait for a local LE to become available?
I also do prefer the NIB experience and having a mint new game.
Thanks for any opinions on this.

#12411 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Looking for a quick opinion from BM66 owners.
Just spent a few hours playing a BM66 LE last night and my family loved the pin.
I did like the powder coated trim and topper as well.
I’m thinking of getting either a NIB premium or a huo LE.
Problem is LEs don’t pop up locally very often.
Question is: do you guys feel the LE offers enough upgrades such that I patiently wait for a local LE to become available?
Thanks for any opinions on this.

My personal view is get the premium. I have an LE, I've played a Premium, I think they play the same. LEs are rare.

#12412 5 years ago

Yeah, that’s what I’m leaning towards as well. Could be a longer wait to locate an LE.

#12413 5 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

My personal view is get the premium. I have an LE, I've played a Premium, I think they play the same. LEs are rare.

This, it's a great pin, and the Premium with mods can easily made to equal the look of the LE....all but the topper!

Quoted from JMK:

Yeah, that’s what I’m leaning towards as well. Could be a longer wait to locate an LE.

You *might* see an LE show up on Pinside for sale ever 2-3 months, if that often....

#12414 5 years ago

Thanks for the further input.
Are the most suitable BM66 art blades from Pinball Life or Tilt Graphics? I didnt see any on Stern’s website.
Pinball refinery has a nice complete set of BM powder coated armour if I want to get the similar look as the LE.
Going to first pick up a Premium, add some pdi glass (which I have on hand) and decide what to mod out after I get some solid time on it.

#12415 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Thanks for the further input.
Are the most suitable BM66 art blades from Pinball Life or Tilt Graphics? I didnt see any on Stern’s website.
Pinball refinery has a nice complete set of BM powder coated armour if I want to get the similar look as the LE.
Going to first pick up a Premium, add some pdi glass (which I have on hand) and decide what to mod out after I get some solid time on it.

Art blades are purely a personal choice, the Stern set sold by PBL is what I went with and its a perfect match.

There are 2 particular mods that REALLY are must haves for BM66, both made by the MOD Couple: The Atomic Pile and the Speaker light kit.

Oh. make that 3: The Batsignal by Docquest

All are for sale here on Pinside.

#12416 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

LEs are indeed limited and don’t come available much any more. The major differences are the Adam West signed card (still available on some Premiums), the translite/cabinet art, side armor, the Lyman/George autographs on the playfield and the topper. The topper would be the hardest to get since you would have to get an LE to sell you both the control boards and the topper assembly).

If the topper isn’t critical to you, get a Premium NIB. It will have the production line fixes installed including the cabinet braces and you’ll have a mint new game.

#12417 5 years ago

Thanks jfh- have just emailed my local distributor to confirm availability and pricing on the premium.
Had a blast playing this pin last night and was impressed with the theme integration, art, lcd animations, solid flow, interactive toys and great code. Nice package all together.

#12418 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Had a blast playing this pin last night and was impressed with the theme integration, art, lcd animations, solid flow, interactive toys and great code. Nice package all together.

It was a long wait for early adopters but I think Batman 66 is now the standard for theme integration that games in the LCD era will be measured against.

If you like the theme I don’t think you will be disappointed.

#12419 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It was a long wait for early adopters but I think Batman 66 is now the standard for theme integration that games in the LCD era will be measured against.
If you like the theme I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Original video, original audio, kickass themed music, custom callouts by Adam and Burt and fairly deep rules to keep most pinheads coming back. There's things going on that many might not even notice like how the music changes when a fight scene starts. Lyman, Jerry, George and team really knocked this one out of the park!

Rob

#12420 5 years ago

I'm really bad at memorizing all the things to do regarding minor villains, so I made a little cheatsheet and stuck it on the wall next to my machine.
Three games after putting it up I made it to Holy Multiball for the first time
I attached the image in original size if someone has the same issue. Credits go out to the excellent rule sheet on tiltforums, very helpful!

This machine is pure awesomeness!

IMG_0612 (resized).JPGIMG_0612 (resized).JPGMaster.jpgMaster.jpg

#12421 5 years ago

Nice, well done

#12422 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

I'm really bad at memorizing all the things to do regarding minor villains, so I made a little cheatsheet and stuck it on the wall next to my machine.
I attached the image in original size if someone has the same issue. Credits go out to the excellent rule sheet on tiltforums, very helpful!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Genius Ben81 - been looking for something like this for a while. Never expected one that looked so good!!!!

#12423 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

... I made a little cheatsheet and stuck it on the wall next to my machine. ... I attached the image in original size if someone has the same issue. Credits go out to the excellent rule sheet on tiltforums, very helpful! ...

Cool - thanks!

#12424 5 years ago

Ben1981 - Great cheat sheet!

This may be a stupid question but how did you print it and what is the size? I’d like to print one and laminate it.

#12425 5 years ago

Glad you guys like it

size is standard A3, a bit complicated because it's not a standard size in the US...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_216

converted it's 11.7 x 16.5 inches, but you can blow it up easily since the picture is in 300dpi. My print was done on a poster laminate by a local printshop in 23.4 x 33.1 inches, perfectly fine.

Lots of numbers, nearly as deep as the code

#12426 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Thank you for this Ben!

#12427 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Well done!! You, my good sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!!

#12428 5 years ago

Really excited to say I’m joining the club.
My distributor confirmed my order for my nib BM66 Premium.
Can’t wait!
So excited to receive this awesome pin (hopefully, this week).

#12429 5 years ago

What mods did you buy?

#12430 5 years ago

Going to take delivery first, add a sheet of Roman (pdi) glass that I have on hand and order some art blades.
Following that, I’ll start to compile a list of mods.
At this point, just so psyched to get some serious time on this amazing game.

#12431 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Really excited to say I’m joining the club.
My distributor confirmed my order for my nib BM66 Premium.
Can’t wait!
So excited to receive this awesome pin (hopefully, this week).

Congrats, you are going to be very happy with your purchase!

Rob

#12432 5 years ago

I waxed the playfield on BM a few days ago and it is playing lightning fast. I can't get the bubble in the middle on leveling, with front legs raised all the way up, so it is tilted more to begin with. Any thoughts on adjusting to get the correct angle? I guess if anything it'll prepare more for my new Star Wars pro arriving in a few weeks.

#12433 5 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I waxed the playfield on BM a few days ago and it is playing lightning fast. I can't get the bubble in the middle on leveling, with front legs raised all the way up, so it is tilted more to begin with. Any thoughts on adjusting to get the correct angle? I guess if anything it'll prepare more for my new Star Wars pro arriving in a few weeks.

Use a real level, and measure directly on the playfield. That stupid bubble on the machine is rarely correct, and I have seen it so far off that it could never show correct.

#12434 5 years ago

I've been meaning to get a magnetic digital angle finder for my woodshop, I imagine they would work really well for setting game pitch as well.

#12435 5 years ago

If you have an Apple phone, the "Pinguy" app works very well for leveling pins.

#12436 5 years ago

Game in March, Received my Cliffy’s today. Is there factory Mylar on the playfield where the ball drops down off of the left and right wireforms or will I need to do that?

#12437 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Game in March, Received my Cliffy’s today. Is there factory Mylar on the playfield where the ball drops down off of the left and right wireforms or will I need to do that?

I asked this before and nobody answered. On my game there is no mylar on the ball drops.

Rob

#12438 5 years ago

Cracked 2 billion last night. Previous high for me was in the 700 million range.

#12439 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I asked this before and nobody answered. On my game there is no mylar on the ball drops.
Rob

Quoted from Budman:

My LE #70 built Dec 2016 has Mylar on the inlanes where the ball drops out of the wire form. So Stern was doing it on the initial production machines. Looks like yours was missing them by accident or they just stopped doing them on later production runs? I'm sure if you called Chas at Stern and said you game was missing them he'd probably send you some.

#12440 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

My October 2018 Premium has mylar.

#12441 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

My October 2018 Premium has mylar.

Thanks ! I just didn’t want to open the game, be all ready to play and discover the lack of Mylar protection.

#12442 5 years ago

New to the hobby here.
Hi guys I’m happy to say I found a premium NIB with Adam west signature card and production date from December from the info I read on here that production run is the best Run because it has all the fixes ? (So I Hope) any help will be greatly appreciated. Happy to be in club

#12443 5 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I had the same issue when I set up my game. The bubble tube was not sitting in the holder just right. I rolled it around and got it settled in the black plastic holder on each end and it worked as it should. Hope that helps!

#12444 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

New to the hobby here.
Hi guys I’m happy to say I found a premium NIB with Adam west signature card and production date from December from the info I read on here that production run is the best Run because it has all the fixes ? (So I Hope) any help will be greatly appreciated. Happy to be in club

Welcome to club! Based on your Batman66 purchase its obvious you are a very intelligent pinsider with discriminating taste. Congrats on getting a signed Adam West card!

There were two stern service bulletins (#189, #190) related to the game. I think new games have these fixes but you should check. You can see the Stern service bulletins here.

https://sternpinball.com/support/service-bulletins/

The other early fixes were the left ramp flap and ball diverter for the batgirl plastic. Heres some pics of what those look like. Your game should have those.

094534c7f8de0daab6152d0a14150040c5daa6bc (resized).jpg094534c7f8de0daab6152d0a14150040c5daa6bc (resized).jpg4ff9fccb8676c22de3e13dc2e7959a8fe3d8e32f (resized).jpg4ff9fccb8676c22de3e13dc2e7959a8fe3d8e32f (resized).jpg

Some of the earlier games had kinda wimpy leg brackets in the cabinet corners. I think newer games might have "beefier" ones now to reduce the chance of cabinet splitting. If you have cheap style brackets you can reinforce the corners using this guide from Rotordave.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/176#post-4244323

#12445 5 years ago

How has Batman 66 held up for those of you with a small 2-3 pin collection? I’m really considering buying this as my first NIB.

#12446 5 years ago
Quoted from thecashier76:

How has Batman 66 held up for those of you with a small 2-3 pin collection?

it's hands down the machine i play on most! if i'd had to scale down to one it would be B66. I think a small collection is the best place for a deep rules game like B66 to shine!

#12447 5 years ago
Quoted from thecashier76:

How has Batman 66 held up for those of you with a small 2-3 pin collection? I’m really considering buying this as my first NIB.

I've had mine for 10 months now and still love it, although there were new and exciting code updates coming out quite often during that time. It still keeps me entertained though and it'll very likely always be in my collection. It was my first NIB pin and although pricey, I don't regret it.

Edit:Why isn't this game in the top 20 (at least) yet?!

#12448 5 years ago

Penguin just drove his Duck mobile up the ramp to get in the crane. Yikes, goin be a battle!! Lol

C636821F-5822-4AFD-B072-C7706C39E084 (resized).jpegC636821F-5822-4AFD-B072-C7706C39E084 (resized).jpeg
#12449 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I've had mine for 10 months now and still love it, although there were new and exciting code updates coming out quite often during that time. It still keeps me entertained though and it'll very likely always be in my collection. It was my first NIB pin and although pricey, I don't regret it.
Edit:Why isn't this game in the top 20 (at least) yet?!

Set your custom parameters to reviews last 6 months and games last decade and you’ll see it is number 2 (was #1)! The reason for low ratings is it came out in 2016 and was blasted (rightly so) by most everyone for poor code. Today that is the reverse and it is a number one game for sure or in the top three at the very least. Stern is doing so well now!

#12450 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Set your custom parameters to reviews last 6 months and games last decade and you’ll see it is number 2 (was #1)! The reason for low ratings is it came out in 2016 and was blasted (rightly so) by most everyone for poor code. Today that is the reverse and it is a number one game for sure or in the top three at the very least. Stern is doing so well now!

Yeah, I know why it is so lowly rated, I just hoped it would have gained ground faster after the code was somewhat complete. Those early reviews were totally right though, hopefully some of them will give it another shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/249?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.