IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 374.
#12301 5 years ago

They are making more in March

#12302 5 years ago

I thought they had stopped making them already?

#12303 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I thought they had stopped making them already?

There was a batch made in December. I think demand is higher on this game now and it certainly fills in the niche of 'deeper rules' for the Stern games currently in production.

Rob

#12304 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There was a batch made in December. I think demand is higher on this game now and it certainly fills in the niche of 'deeper rules' for the Stern games currently in production.
Rob

Munsters…...best boost for B66 sales since Lyman.

#12305 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Anyone know roughly how long Stern is going to have this one in production?

Usually the licenses are three years, so that should mean until at least August (unless the start was earlier in 2016). Stern usually (always?) gives distributors a heads up “hey, do you want any more?” as part of a possible last run so your distributor should be able to give you a heads up.

Im pretty sure Batman depends on Kapow as as intermediary to the licensor so it may not be as easy to extend the license as with some other titles if it in fact it expires this year.

#12306 5 years ago

Looking for the best NIB deal out there if anyone has just done the research and can recommend a distributor, a PM with the info would be appreciated.

#12307 5 years ago

Hello, Anybody have interest in trading your bm66 for a beautiful HUO CV. PM me for additional details and pix.

#12308 5 years ago
Quoted from Backdoc01:

Hello, Anybody have interest in trading your bm66 for a beautiful HUO CV. PM me for additional details and pix.

Wow thats a straight up piece of bait there! The bat force is strong with you young Robin. Would be a tough trade as CV is absolutely gorgeous but owning a CV myself I find Batman never fails to entertain. Good luck with your trade!

#12309 5 years ago

Do others get a lot of bounce outs when shooting for the Penguin shot?

#12310 5 years ago

I used too,but I had a "cliffy" in there,and I took it out!! Seems like it threw out the ball somehow!!

#12311 5 years ago

I don't have a cliffy and I'd say 50% of the shots from the left flipper to the penguin hole bounce straight out. I've just switched to using the right flipper.

#12312 5 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

I don't have a cliffy and I'd say 50% of the shots from the left flipper to the penguin hole bounce straight out. I've just switched to using the right flipper.

I am still "breaking in" my game, but similar thoughts. I can backhand it much easier.

#12313 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Do others get a lot of bounce outs when shooting for the Penguin shot?

Mine is a late 2018 model and I've never had a bounce out from the Penguin shot. How steep is your playfield? I do get regular bounce outs from the Bat-signal saucer though.

#12314 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

... I do get regular bounce outs from the Bat-signal saucer though.

+1

A LOT more bounce outs here for me too!

#12315 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I used too,but I had a "cliffy" in there,and I took it out!! Seems like it threw out the ball somehow!!

If you use the original Cliffy from the earlier Batman it will do that.

Use the one specifically redesigned for Batman 66.

#12316 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If you use the original Cliffy from the earlier Batman it will do that.
Use the one specifically redesigned for Batman 66.

Do you mind posting a link where you got yours from? Thank you!!

#12317 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Do you mind posting a link where you got yours from? Thank you!!

Straight from the source:

http://passionforpinball.com

#12318 5 years ago

Thank-you,jfh

#12319 5 years ago

How’s the lighting effects on the latest code? The lightshows where easily the weakest part of BM66, my games been tombstoned since the last couple of updates just curious if Lyman has managed to work his magic on the lightshows yet?

#12320 5 years ago

We all know that the Bookworm/Freeze combo is the way to high scores, so I find myself restarting game after game if I don't manage to complete at least Bookwork on ball one and Mr Freeze on ball two whilst working towards an extra ball via major villains which is taking some fun out of the game. If I'm honest I normally restart if I don't get both completed on ball one which is a challenge. It feels like I'm going for the same set up over and over.

Are there any alternative strategies to play? Say I complete Bookworm but then start and fail Mr Freeze - where can I go from there? Or, I start and don't complete Bookworm - what next?

I love the theme and feel of the game, but for some reason it bothers me that there's only one set up to get great scores. I'd love to know what others are doing if the Bookworm/Freeze combo fails other than restarting and trying again.

#12321 5 years ago

Quick question, noticed my BM66 doesn't have any cliffy protectors, so I'll definitely be ordering the complete kit for this game. But if I'm getting lots of bounce outs from penguin hole now, will it be the same or even worse with the updated protectors or would it actually help?

#12322 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Quick question, noticed my BM66 doesn't have any cliffy protectors, so I'll definitely be ordering the complete kit for this game. But if I'm getting lots of bounce outs from penguin hole now, will it be the same or even worse with the updated protectors or would it actually help?

If you have the original you should see less with the BM66 specific version.

#12323 5 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

We all know that the Bookworm/Freeze combo is the way to high scores, so I find myself restarting game after game if I don't manage to complete at least Bookwork on ball one and Mr Freeze on ball two whilst working towards an extra ball via major villains which is taking some fun out of the game. If I'm honest I normally restart if I don't get both completed on ball one which is a challenge. It feels like I'm going for the same set up over and over.
Are there any alternative strategies to play? Say I complete Bookworm but then start and fail Mr Freeze - where can I go from there? Or, I start and don't complete Bookworm - what next?
I love the theme and feel of the game, but for some reason it bothers me that there's only one set up to get great scores. I'd love to know what others are doing if the Bookworm/Freeze combo fails other than restarting and trying again.

Play mad hatter, play them again, play shame/king tuts

I noticed that in home environment you play this game completely different then in a competition game.

#12324 5 years ago

Out of curiosity: does anyone know the coil count for our awesome Batman 66?

#12325 5 years ago

Per the Prem/LE manual

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 7.11.37 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 7.11.37 PM (resized).png
#12326 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not aware of any further build adjustments to be made on the line other than what has already been done. Us LE/SLE guys were the guinea pigs.
Later builds may also have the refreshed node boards for nodes 8 and 9 - not clear if that was ever an official change - but if they don’t the fix kits should already be installed. Any Premium built after spring last year should have it all and I expect the March run to have the latest code.
Go get yourself a NIB game, good citizen of Gotham!

Planning to get one of these shortly. My distributor has games with a build date of November 2018.

Wondering if it would have all the fixes in place, and also the signed card?

Anyone know?

#12327 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Planning to get one of these shortly. My distributor has games with a build date of November 2018.
Anyone know?

Fixes for sure, but probably too early for the signed card since those were announced December 11th and it was limited to 50 games. I bought my game in November and it had an October 2018 build date. You will be happy with this game!

Rob

#12328 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Anyone know?

Signed card will be luck of the draw. I would think they are all gone, but you never know.

#12330 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Anyone know?

You can always pick up a verified and authenticated signed card off eBay or from a memorabilia dealer. I need to make a custom apron for mine as I have a signed Burt Ward card I want to mount on the apron with my Adam West card.

#12331 5 years ago

My table coming in March....having fun shopping for mods. Feel free to give me your “ must haves” so far I have ordered the Chrome Candy bat plaque and for sure, the Atomic pile , Cliffy’s and will do some scoop lighting. What else? It doesn’t take long to spend $300 !

#12332 5 years ago

Found these pictures from when I was testing doc’s BatSignal. Can’t remember if posted before. Nothing special, just like them.

617498AA-E83C-4325-ABF1-CB3223365329 (resized).jpeg617498AA-E83C-4325-ABF1-CB3223365329 (resized).jpeg67A7A86D-C231-4A93-8EE3-58F96FBA803F (resized).jpeg67A7A86D-C231-4A93-8EE3-58F96FBA803F (resized).jpeg
#12333 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Feel free to give me your “ must haves” so far I

Atomic pile

What else? It doesn’t take long to spend $300 !

The atomic pile is the only must have for this game, the rest aren’t really a must imo.

I know a few people are having issues with the cliffy on the scoop, I have used super hard clear nail polish on scoops for years with no issues, my old TRON had no protector and after a few thousand plays still looked new, anytime the polish chips (which rarely happened) simply reapply and fill in the chip.

#12334 5 years ago

Anybody got the left one for sale?

9940003429676f191061c20376297e16eabaceeb (resized).jpg9940003429676f191061c20376297e16eabaceeb (resized).jpg
#12335 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The atomic pile is the only must have for this game, the rest aren’t really a must imo.
I know a few people are having issues with the cliffy on the scoop, I have used super hard clear nail polish on scoops for years with no issues, my old TRON had no protector and after a few thousand plays still looked new, anytime the polish chips (which rarely happened) simply reapply and fill in the chip.

Ordered the Atomic Pile, computer upgrade and Penguin umbrella crane from Mod Couple. Also went with Cliffy’s just in case. Any opinions on shaker and extra lighting upgrade that this specific title needs?

#12336 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

My table coming in March....having fun shopping for mods. Feel free to give me your “ must haves” so far I have ordered the Chrome Candy bat plaque and for sure, the Atomic pile , Cliffy’s and will do some scoop lighting. What else? It doesn’t take long to spend $300 !

I personally really like the crane upgrade kit from Tmezel (mezelmods) as it really adds to that toys look in the game... (both the lattice underneath and the dome topper).

IMG_7646 (resized).jpgIMG_7646 (resized).jpg
#12337 5 years ago

the bat signal is a must have mod docquest can sort you out...

Neil.

#12338 5 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

I personally really like the crane upgrade kit from tmezel (mezelmods) as it really adds to that toys look in the game... (both the lattice underneath and the dome topper).
[quoted image]

I actually forgot I had that on my game since it looks so stock.

#12339 5 years ago

The best mods look stock.

#12340 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Ordered the Atomic Pile, computer upgrade and Penguin umbrella crane from Mod Couple. Also went with Cliffy’s just in case. Any opinions on shaker and extra lighting upgrade that this specific title needs?

Apart from Mod Couple's mods Ive got these Mezel Mods and they all look pretty stock - didn't realise how many mods Ive got on this game.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/batman-66-pinball/products/batman-66-pinball-crane-upgrade (as per previous post -Comes with light dome cover as well - you need to decide whether to use this or Mod Couples umbrella)

https://mezelmods.com/collections/batman-66-pinball/products/batman-66-pinball-illuminated-bat-signal (same as SLE)

https://mezelmods.com/collections/batman-66-pinball/products/batman-66-pinball-siren-dome-covers

https://mezelmods.com/collections/batman-66-pinball/products/batman-66-pinball-backboard-building

https://mezelmods.com/collections/batman-66-pinball/products/batman-66-pinball-gotham-city-sign

Apart from the Mod Couples Atomic Pile, the speaker rings and plastic platform for the shooter lane car/boat are identical to the SLE stock mods.

Docquest also did a nice parachute pickup van to replace the metal divertor on the left plastic: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1120-docquest-pinball-mods/01440-batman-parachute-pickup-van

#12341 5 years ago

I hope the dome lights on the slings interact a bit more in the game after the final polish. I actually like the stock ones, but may pick up the Mezel covers if they do.

#12342 5 years ago

What supplier do you all recommend for art blades? Ease of application is a big plus with me.

#12343 5 years ago

For BM66 it's hard to beat Stern's art blades, drawn by Franchi himself. Application on these is easy as well.

#12344 5 years ago

I swapped out the Hotwheels side car motor cycle with the Hallmark version. $7, was an after Christmas sale @ Hallmark.

4D4B49FB-43B7-4AF7-A83C-2493F27698B5 (resized).jpeg4D4B49FB-43B7-4AF7-A83C-2493F27698B5 (resized).jpegD1118B48-3085-42AA-BF69-87A1AF015495 (resized).jpegD1118B48-3085-42AA-BF69-87A1AF015495 (resized).jpegE1154D3E-96D2-481F-A438-04B6A0F1F0A3 (resized).jpegE1154D3E-96D2-481F-A438-04B6A0F1F0A3 (resized).jpeg
#12345 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

For BM66 it's hard to beat Stern's art blades, drawn by Franchi himself. Application on these is easy as well.

I thought Kevin O'Connor did the art on those?
Franchi wanted blades that showcased all the great gadgets he drew for 120 "gadget" LE's but Stern decided not to produce them.

side_blades3 (resized).jpgside_blades3 (resized).jpg
#12346 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I thought Kevin O'Connor did the art on those?
Franchi wanted blades that showcased all the great gadgets he drew for 120 "gadget" LE's but Stern decided not to produce them.
[quoted image]

These are the Stern Accessory ones by Franchi, even mentioned as such on Pinballlife:

https://www.pinballlife.com/batman-66-art-blades.html

502-7029-00 (resized).jpg502-7029-00 (resized).jpg
#12347 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

These are the Stern Accessory ones by Franchi, even mentioned as such on Pinballlife:
https://www.pinballlife.com/batman-66-art-blades.html[quoted image]

In one of his seminar talks he said he had very little time to do the art package so he focused on doing all the characters along with all the gadgets for the LE plaques. I thought he said the other more generic non-character stuff (buildings, backgrounds, fight words, etc) was work that was done by Kevin O'Connor (or maybe Greg too) in order to get everything done in time.

I remember briefly seeing some other definite Franchi art blades at one point (Marco's maybe?) but never saw them installed on a machine so not sure if they were actually produced or not.

I'll have to ask Chris about that if I see him at TPF.

side_blades1 (resized).jpgside_blades1 (resized).jpg
#12348 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In one of his seminar talks he said he had very little time to do the art package so he focused on doing all the characters along with all the gadgets for the LE plaques. I thought he said the other more generic non-character stuff (buildings, backgrounds, fight words, etc) was work that was done by Kevin O'Connor (or maybe Greg too) in order to get everything done in time.
I remember briefly seeing some other definite Franchi art blades at one point (Marco's maybe?) but never saw them installed on a machine so not sure if they were actually produced or not.
[quoted image]

You may be right, as I'm just going by what Pinballife's website said. I hope Franchi has some goodies at good price at TPF, I'll be there as well.....

#12349 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

[quoted image]

And when you go make sure you bring those Custom Franchi autographed art blades to sell me!!! Come on do it!! lol

#12350 5 years ago

PLAYFIELD DIMPLES!
Here is a strange one - I bought a premium from a friend. It has several hundred plays on it, but there are absolutely NO playfield dimples. I've never seen this before. I've also put around 75 plays on it.
What's up with that?
I was under the impression that all playfields dimple. Did the BM66 run use a special thicker clearcoat or harder wood?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 34.99
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
There are 18,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/247?hl=marvello and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.