IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 374.
#12251 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Wow, unbelievable score, well done. What was your strategy?

Freeze, bookworm, tut, tut, tut, tut, tut

#12252 5 years ago

I reached x5 tut once, but of course I had messed up on bookworm and freeze earlier in the game so the score was only ~6 billion.

#12253 5 years ago

Hi Guys:

New to BM66 and loving it!

I am only a casual player, so will someone please provide a simple explanation as to how I start the crane??

I have started it a few times but have no idea what I did to start it!

Thanks, so much.

#12254 5 years ago

start penguin mode.

Start the game. put the ball into the penguin scoop twice. Answer the phone.

#12255 5 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
I am only a casual player, so will someone please provide a simple explanation as to how I start the crane??
Thanks, so much.

The crane initially operates as Level One of the Penguin's mode. Shoot the scoop twice to activate the Penguin and then shoot (answer) the phone to start his mode.

#12256 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The crane operates as Level One of the Penguin's mode. Shoot the scoop twice to activate the Penguin and then shoot (answer) the phone to start his mode.

I think the crane might also come out for level three of the first Penguin mode and level one of the second penguin mode, and during Villain Escape.

#12257 5 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I think the crane might also come out for level three of the first Penguin mode and level one of the second penguin mode, and during Villain Escape.

Thanks. I've now refined my post to state "initially operates".

#12258 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Freeze, bookworm, tut, tut, tut, tut, tut

That is indeed the only way to get to these kind of high scores..
You can actually ignore shame and egghead in this strategy untill you have tut 5x and freeze/bookworm

Where mad hatter is only used if you fail at one of the above.

#12259 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

You can actually ignore shame and egghead in this strategy untill you have tut 5x and freeze/bookworm

My proposed take on Minor Villain awards. Don't mind me, I just have ideas... lol

Mad Hatter - Double Minor Villain scoring and replay failed modes.
Freeze - Slows down timers by a factor of 2 (or 3). (game setting, can be set to 2,3,4 or stopped, default 3).
Bookworm - Minor Villain powers carry over to next ball, not the whole game (game setting, can be set back to whole game if wanted, but next ball now default)
King Tut - Fine as is
Egghead - Fine as is
Shame - Change it so both are multiball again, but perhaps remove the the extra ball save extension. If they are failed/replayed, then they are not multiball.

I thought Mad Hatter needed some kind of boost other than replaying modes, just to make it more interesting. Bookworm could now be saved for ball 2 or 3 (with extra ball)... Just random thoughts off the top of my head.

Rob

#12260 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I got a B66 back in December and I love it, but there being one perfect strategy for crazy scores does bother me slightly - I find myself restarting games over and over if I don’t get Bookworm and Freeze on ball one which can take some of the fun out of it. I agree that this should probably be addressed somehow, either by making Bookworm just last for the next ball as has been suggested, or by balancing with some other similarly rewarding strategies.

Still very glad I picked one up, I just feel obligated to start every game the same way.

#12261 5 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
Thanks, so much.

Thanks for the responses, guys. I appreciate it!

#12262 5 years ago

Hello all, I purchased a BM 66 2 weeks ago and everything was working great. Until the bat turn mechanism broke off. Has anyone had any problems with this or know how to fix? I don’t see any screws it looks like it was just metal to metal break. I have a message into the distributor and will hopefully get a new part. Don’t know if there is a quick fix to keep playing, have a big family get together coming up and was going to have it ready.

096756E9-EB72-4066-A4BE-E9F4C559ADD7 (resized).jpeg096756E9-EB72-4066-A4BE-E9F4C559ADD7 (resized).jpeg61811035-7BC1-42ED-9DD4-F3E53A649C28 (resized).jpeg61811035-7BC1-42ED-9DD4-F3E53A649C28 (resized).jpeg8BFD648A-3101-4296-A280-8D3A4B7380A8 (resized).jpeg8BFD648A-3101-4296-A280-8D3A4B7380A8 (resized).jpeg
#12263 5 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Hello all, I purchased a BM 66 2 weeks ago and everything was working great. Until the bat turn mechanism broke off. Has anyone had any problems with this or know how to fix? I don’t see any screws it looks like it was just metal to metal break. I have a message into the distributor and will hopefully get a new part. Don’t know if there is a quick fix to keep playing, have a big family get together coming up and was going to have it ready.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ouch. You won’t be fixing that with glue. Welds sheared. Hopefully they can get a replacement out ASAP.

#12264 5 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Wow! How did that happen? Looks like it's sheared off. Were you playing when it happened?

#12265 5 years ago

Yes while playing, had finally reached bookworm/freeze and on ball 2, extra ball, close to 1 bil! I was not happy. Could this be the doing of a shaker motor, installed 2 days ago? So I should not try to epoxy it till replacement arrives? Would it prevent proper function or damage things more

#12266 5 years ago

You could try JB WELD, for a temporary fix. The stuff is crazy strong. I would stay away from the epoxy.

#12267 5 years ago

I actually thought before of this too. That the frozen timers should be changed to slower timers. It would be the best solution to make this combo of freeze/bookworm less strong in scoring strategy.
It botters me too that this is the only good combination to get big high scores.

Bookworm can be played early in the game I think but should be again lot harder again I think.

Where completing a bookworm should require you almost to play it perfect OR play it in combo with multiball OR play it after you completed a king tut (keep progress), then play mad hatter to be able to play it again and finish the 2nd time the remaining of the shots.

#12268 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Freeze - Slows down timers by a factor of 2 (or 3). (game setting, can be set to 2,3,4 or stopped, default 3).
Bookworm - Minor Villain powers carry over to next ball, not the whole game (game setting, can be set back to whole game if wanted, but next ball now default)

I agree with nerfing Freeze a bit, good idea. But Bookworm is still reflquires you to get other minor villains to make it worthwhile, so not sure if it needs to be nerfed as much. Having an option to nerf it makes sense.

If you’re having a good enough game to get Bookworm, Freeze, tut, tut,tut,tut then you deserve 244bn.

#12269 5 years ago

Maybe a stupid question, but if you get Bookworm and then drain, does his benefit also continue for the remaining balls? Ie. Does his benefit work on itself?

#12270 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If you’re having a good enough game to get Bookworm, Freeze, tut, tut,tut,tut then you deserve 244bn.

But, the strategy is rather one dimensional if that's the only way you can achieve those scores.

Rob

#12271 5 years ago

Fortunately, I'm just not a good enough player to consistently knock out these minor villians in any order.....

#12272 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

But, the strategy is rather one dimensional if that's the only way you can achieve those scores.
Rob

True. On the other hand you need to make the Minor villains worth chasing. Maybe you’re right, some nerfing might be needed. I think I’m just jealous because I’m not good enough to get that magic combo very often. Therefore it’s a huge rush when I do. I don’t want to lose that and have all the minors too vanilla.

I’d like to see some other Minor Villain rewards that maybe aren’t so game changing, but possibly are a little easier - like reset tilt warnings, maybe an extra ball, award bonus. Who knows. Everyone has their own ideas - I’m sure Lyman has a vision for how he wants to finish this game.

#12273 5 years ago

When thinking about scoring strategies. Keep in mind that these are played in tournaments. And, more relevant to me personally, they are played as friendly 4 player games. I could be wrong. But, I don't see many people going for that super big points strategy in these settings. Even when playing a single player game I don't always go for that. I think it's great that you can bypass a lot of stuff and go for the wizard modes. Or, take the time (and risk) of going the long way for a higher score. There's a lot of way to play this game. I guess I'm thinking it's pretty awesome as is and would be wary of too many changes.

Just my 2 cents.

#12274 5 years ago

Does anyone know how long Strens warranty is? My node board is stuffed and my distributor doesn’t want to know about it. I have had it just under 2 years.

#12275 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Does anyone know how long Strens warranty is? My node board is stuffed and my distributor doesn’t want to know about it. I have had it just under 2 years.

I’d call stern direct or if you tell me what board it is I’ll call em for you

#12276 5 years ago

Can someone take a photo for me of the lock diverter's resting position under the playfield?

#12277 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Officially it’s two months. Unofficially- call Stern.

#12278 5 years ago

New club member! Excited to get this one in the house. December 2018 build date with the signed card.

2019-01-31 21.47.37.jpg2019-01-31 21.47.37.jpg20190131_212424.jpg20190131_212424.jpg
#12279 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

New club member! Excited to get this one in the house. December 2018 build date with the signed card.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet pick up congrats I’m jealous ... I want to buy bm66 as well do you recommend? Do you consider bm66 better than ghostbusters ?

#12280 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Do you consider bm66 better than ghostbusters ?

Are you kidding?

I can’t imagine picking Ghostbusters over Batman for any reason unless you are an absolute die-hard Ghostbusters fan. The Batman code was a long wait but now pretty close to perfect. Many GB owners are STILL waiting for a bunch of code updates.

#12281 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Sweet pick up congrats I’m jealous ... I want to buy bm66 as well do you recommend? Do you consider bm66 better than ghostbusters ?

I prefer BM66 over GB for sure. I hadn't played it since release and then played it with new code and it's so different and improved. Such a cool game.

#12282 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

BM66 blows GB out the water!

Like jfh said above the code for Batman is levels above GB, BM66 has 3 wizard modes currently with maybe a super wizard mode coming, GB is still waiting for it’s wizard mode “are you a god” which may not even come now.

Support Lyman, support BM66 you won’t regret it!

#12283 5 years ago

I WILL buy this game. Are there any build issues that would have me wait until the next batch is made in March? Penguin crane?, left ramp?

#12284 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I WILL buy this game. Are there any build issues that would have me wait until the next batch is made in March? Penguin crane?, left ramp?

From what I have seen every game built in the past year is the Final product and no further changes were made. Your safe to buy now and in my opinion still one of the best games Stern has made in a Long time. FYI the Penguin crane adjustment has only shown up on a handful of games and the fix is rather simple. There are Very few games I pitch as a no brainer buy now but this is one no question or hype.

#12285 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Not aware of any further build adjustments to be made on the line other than what has already been done. Us LE/SLE guys were the guinea pigs.

Later builds may also have the refreshed node boards for nodes 8 and 9 - not clear if that was ever an official change - but if they don’t the fix kits should already be installed. Any Premium built after spring last year should have it all and I expect the March run to have the latest code.

Go get yourself a NIB game, good citizen of Gotham!

#12286 5 years ago

They finally fixed the issue with the joker targets getting stuck on the center post that sticks out. Completely reengineered and awesome now.

Batphone is a deeper red and now looks almost frosted just like TV show, when lit. One of the best mechs ever made for pinball (meaning the Bat66 turntable) now is even better! To the Batcave!!lol

I’ve now placed the nice Yelobird batphone mod right by (on top of riddler corner - see photos) commissioner Gordon so when the bat cave phone is blinking at the batcave, so is Commissioner Gorden’s red phone. Very cool looking!

See modcouple batphone at Gotham city hall - lights when calling batphone at Wayne manor 8AF6B8B3-A143-4A56-8747-9729CDE1B67A (resized).jpeg8AF6B8B3-A143-4A56-8747-9729CDE1B67A (resized).jpeg Wayne Manor Batphone receives call from Commissioner Gordon...Kawabunga! C979DF82-E866-441A-A116-B68358830593 (resized).jpegC979DF82-E866-441A-A116-B68358830593 (resized).jpeg Catwoman steals older Batcopter (1966 model) and hard banks left in pursuit of Batman & Robin flying to Batgirl in newer Batcopter model (2017) 5499E1A1-ADCD-4416-9B9A-5DC8C762C734 (resized).jpeg5499E1A1-ADCD-4416-9B9A-5DC8C762C734 (resized).jpeg Batgirl is sitting behind a Gotham steel street sign waiting to catch Joker on the Batcycle! - Gotham City at night and all the villains come out to play - Bamm, Sock, Kapow! F8EBB8B1-D898-4437-B82B-BF68B4499859 (resized).jpegF8EBB8B1-D898-4437-B82B-BF68B4499859 (resized).jpeg Shall we get em’ Robin? Let’s Batman! 5960B04D-61CE-4F74-8729-70BE0E8D5635 (resized).jpeg5960B04D-61CE-4F74-8729-70BE0E8D5635 (resized).jpeg Zoom in to see improved Joker targets - no stuck targets anymore! Battastic!! D68945FA-1CD6-43F4-B022-7B97BC3552E6 (resized).jpegD68945FA-1CD6-43F4-B022-7B97BC3552E6 (resized).jpeg My wife says, “Big boys and their Bat toys?!?...Sheesh!!”

#12287 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I’ve now placed the nice Yelobird batphone mod right by (on top of riddler corner) commissioner Gordon so when the bat cave phone is blinking at the batcave, so is Commissioner Gorden’s red phone. Very cool looking!!

Pics of it didn’t happen?

Sounds great, would love to see it.

#12288 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Pics of it didn’t happen?
Sounds great, would love to see it.

Thanks for letting me know. All uploaded now!

#12289 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

They finally fixed the issue with the joker targets getting stuck on the center post that sticks out. Completely reengineered and awesome now.

So are the physical Joker targets just bigger and/or thicker? Or is there something else?

#12290 5 years ago

Thunderbird, what is your build date?

#12291 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Thunderbird, what is your build date?

January 2018, but I had a faulty Bat turntable and they had to replace it, just last week. So brand new build and I’m impressed! Better in all categories. My first one had oodles of problems.

#12292 5 years ago

Do you mean January 2019?

#12293 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

So are the physical Jeker targets just bigger and/or thicker? Or is there something else?

Targets are same size, but look behind the targets at the shiny beefed up metal, etc. I tried to get close enough to see, maybe new photo below is better. Look at photo below and compare with your table. My new turntable was just built brand new (2019) and Stern fixed all and any issues the old one had. Which were many!

More detailed batmoblie riveted in
Spinner spins better with all five lights pulsing - never lit up before
Turntable turns smoother and effortlessly - at times would not expose Batphone shot
Joker targets will never get stuck because of much better design - had issues with targets getting jammed on center metal post.
The huge wobble on the whole turntable I had going from side to side is now gone.
Turntable is now near concentric instead of being wedged against the back of the play field.
Batphone plastic lights deeper red, with frosted look when lit and not so thin looking like doggie chew toy.
3 ball lock doesn’t eject balls back onto playfiled any longer.
Motor doesn’t sound like it’s straining to turn or at times only half turns.
There’s more if I had time to think. Lol

As you can see from my list above, the earlier build date of a year ago (January 2018) was a mess on the most important mech on my table. Now I’m happy with it for the first time and it shoots like a dream instead of a clunker.

I had never reached Batusi in 8 months of play. After new turntable installed, first game to my surprise I reached Batusi MB and scored 2.4 billion points. Wow! Before I could hardly reach 500mil. Night and day! Big thanks to AMD for getting my mess straightened out! AMD rocks!!

1237FCAF-DCA3-47CF-A529-D9E3D1BE2B75 (resized).jpeg1237FCAF-DCA3-47CF-A529-D9E3D1BE2B75 (resized).jpeg
#12294 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Do you mean January 2019?

My table I suppose had been sitting in Stern factory for a while before it got to me. Build date January 2018.

FE15AE7A-31E9-4CF3-9238-7B1B7DF61E22 (resized).jpegFE15AE7A-31E9-4CF3-9238-7B1B7DF61E22 (resized).jpeg
#12295 5 years ago

I HAD both signs ,Gotham Penitentiary,and Gotham City 12 miles, on my shooter lane,and they both have sheared off by flyballs! Not gonna replace!!

#12296 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

3 ball lock doesn’t eject balls back onto playfiled any longer.

What do you mean by this? Was your ball lock *rejecting* lock shots or do you really mean the ball lock is ejecting balls differently?

#12297 5 years ago
Quoted from iohonnes:

What do you mean by this? Was your ball lock *rejecting* lock shots or do you really mean the ball lock is ejecting balls differently?

Yes, rejecting. Ball would go in and then bounce back out.

#12298 5 years ago

Hello Folks,

I've been cutting back on my posts here but I did want to take a minute to make this one. In the past week abarigamebar picked up a Premium and has the latest code running on it and the game is amazing. I've had some of the local players hold my hand yesterday as I played about a dozen games and this is a very special machine!

#12299 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Hello Folks,
I've been cutting back on my posts here but I did want to take a minute to make this one. In the past week abarigamebar picked up a Premium and has the latest code running on it and the game is amazing. I've had some of the local players hold my hand yesterday as I played about a dozen games and this is a very special machine!

Cool feedback and know there is Nothing wrong with holding hands with friends granted it makes flipping a bit more difficult. lol

#12300 5 years ago

Anyone know roughly how long Stern is going to have this one in production?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 34.99
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/246?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.