IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 374.
#12201 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

So the spots aren’t actually on the protector after the pf waxing? I was thinking I would have to replace the protector with a new one to get rid of the spots.

I can't remember if I used the Naphtha on the protector. I think I just wiped down the playfield several times.

#12202 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Found a bug:
Normally, if you start bat phone for a particular Major Villain, you can change that villain before answering the phone by hitting one of the other major villain shots.
Today, with 3 Major Villains complete but not Penguin, i started Penguin batphone, but accidentally shot a ramp and it switched to Catwoman. I couldn’t get it back to Penguin no matter how many times I shot the scoop. Really annoying since all I needed was Penguin to get all 4. So I had to start Catwoman again.

this is not a bug.. if you are in that situation you need to time out the batphone.

#12203 5 years ago

There used to be a video of penguin flying with his umbrella in old code. Usually during the pop bumper sequence. Is it removed, anybody seen it lately?

#12204 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

this is not a bug.. if you are in that situation you need to time out the batphone.

But in previous code I could change to any of the villains (except Joker since his targets became the barphone) once the phone was ringing. I can still change to Catwoman and riddler.

Or was this recently introduced to stop penguin accidentally starting (eg from the pops) too often? With Lyman it wouldn’t surprise me. Now that I think about it, I haven’t been playing Penguin as much - possibly because he hasn’t been starting accidentally.

#12205 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

So the spots aren’t actually on the protector after the pf waxing? I was thinking I would have to replace the protector with a new one to get rid of the spots.

It is on the playfield.In fact if you press down on parts of you protector you may see it start to appear.Once you lift it up to give it a clean they all dissappear. Like at thundergod76 said use some naphtha.I also used cotton gloves as not to put gray finger marks on the underside.

#12206 5 years ago

I Like the one mentioned JFH, looks like it ships from Germany though?

#12207 5 years ago

cooked71 As you describe it, it's not a bug. It has always been that once a Major is qualified - starting Batphone - if you qualify a 2nd Major, you cannot return to the previously qualified Major until Batphone time expires. It's been this way since the beginning (unless you had the old stacking thing on). If you qualify all four, then your only choice is to play the last qualified Major or let Batphone expire.

In your case, you were just unfortunate that you had Catwoman only one shot from being qualified a 2nd time. When I find myself in this situation, sometimes I will intentionally start Catwoman just to then go ahead and qualify penguin next so that I definitely get Penguin and not another mode.

#12208 5 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

I Like the one mentioned JFH, looks like it ships from Germany though?

Yes, but it comes pretty quickly.

#12209 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

cooked71 As you describe it, it's not a bug. It has always been that once a Major is qualified - starting Batphone - if you qualify a 2nd Major, you cannot return to the previously qualified Major until Batphone time expires. It's been this way since the beginning (unless you had the old stacking thing on). If you qualify all four, then your only choice is to play the last qualified Major or let Batphone expire.
In your case, you were just unfortunate that you had Catwoman only one shot from being qualified a 2nd time. When I find myself in this situation, sometimes I will intentionally start Catwoman just to then go ahead and qualify penguin next so that I definitely get Penguin and not another mode.

I’ve only ever played default settings. But even now, I can switch from one villain, for example Joker, to another like Catwoman or Riddler after batphone is active. The only change now seems to be you can’t switch to Penguin (and Joker because the targets disappear once the phone starts).

And DavidPinballWizz from memory in my original scenario, I had Bookworm and Freeze already going and Freeze stopped the batphone timing out? So I had no choice but to start Catwoman or Riddler.

#12210 5 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

There used to be a video of penguin flying with his umbrella in old code. Usually during the pop bumper sequence. Is it removed, anybody seen it lately?

Main villains used to have a constant looping video clip at one point, but it was changed to static images later (which I think is better). Perhaps that flying clip is part of that.

Rob

#12211 5 years ago

I would give my spleen for a third set of Major Villain episodes for this game!

Rob

#12212 5 years ago

I don't know if freeze stops the batphone from timing out... I'll test that. If it doesn't time out, then you are indeed stuck.

Latest software indeed disables that penguin shots can be made when batphone is running for another villain.
You can modify that in settings. I actually did this because I liked the earlier rule.

You can even choose to let this new behaviour run only when you have completed penguin already. That's maybe the best behaviour towards the player.

#12213 5 years ago

I would too like major villains to have a third set..

A tv insert for every season... linked to the majors instead of the minors.

Where qualifying the wizard modes is a little more tied to majors and minors.

#12214 5 years ago

I don't know if freeze stops the batphone from timing out... I'll test that. If it doesn't time out, then you are indeed stuck.
Latest software indeed disables that penguin shots can be made when batphone is running for another villain.
You can modify that in settings. I actually did this because I liked the earlier rule.
You can even choose to let this new behaviour run only when you have completed penguin already. That's maybe the best behaviour towards the player.

Great info David didn’t realise this was possible.

You know if people hadn’t seen you and Lyman together David I would be starting to think your Lyman in clever disguise.

#12215 5 years ago

Haha no...

But if I would live in the states I would look for a job at Stern as a game programmer

#12216 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You know if people hadn’t seen you and Lyman together David I would be starting to think your Lyman in clever disguise.

Hmmm then again!?

E3ED9C98-C64B-4192-84FB-3C22EA698096 (resized).jpegE3ED9C98-C64B-4192-84FB-3C22EA698096 (resized).jpeg
#12217 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Found a bug:
Normally, if you start bat phone for a particular Major Villain, you can change that villain before answering the phone by hitting one of the other major villain shots.
Today, with 3 Major Villains complete but not Penguin, i started Penguin batphone, but accidentally shot a ramp and it switched to Catwoman. I couldn’t get it back to Penguin no matter how many times I shot the scoop. Really annoying since all I needed was Penguin to get all 4. So I had to start Catwoman again.

Edit:posted this from the previous page, I see it's been covered now.

Not actually a bug but it is super annoying, I've been there a few times. I covered this rule in the rulesheet, the gist being that you can only qualify each villain once during batphone hurry up. So in order to re qualify penguin you would have to time out the hurry up and hit the scoop again.

#12218 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I’ve only ever played default settings. But even now, I can switch from one villain, for example Joker, to another like Catwoman or Riddler after batphone is active. The only change now seems to be you can’t switch to Penguin (and Joker because the targets disappear once the phone starts).
And davidpinballwizz from memory in my original scenario, I had Bookworm and Freeze already going and Freeze stopped the batphone timing out? So I had no choice but to start Catwoman or Riddler.

Maybe I misunderstood your original post. I thought that you said you started penguin, switched to Catwoman and were expecting to change back to Penguin, which has never been possible with defaults.

If you're saying that you can't qualify Penguin after only qualifying one other Major (say, Joker > Penguin and Penguin fails, but Joker > Catwoman works) that's definitely not right. I'll test it.

#12219 5 years ago

I did test this out and updated the wiki, Mr. Freeze DOES freeze the bat-phone. So it's impossible to re-qualify a MV if his power is active.

#12220 5 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I haven't seen it either, and I miss it.

#12221 5 years ago

Okay, I just took off the little blue piece that's on the left outside part of the catwoman left ramp that I believe makes that left orbit shot so hard. But when you remove the screws and the blue piece there are still 2 small hard metal pieces in that orbit lane. Is anyone just leaving them there? I worried that might scratch up the ball? What did you guys do after removing the blue foam piece from that left orbit?

#12222 5 years ago

I would too like major villains to have a third set..

But, what body part are you willing to sacrifice?

Rob

#12223 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Okay, I just took off the little blue piece that's on the left outside part of the catwoman left ramp that I believe makes that left orbit shot so hard. But when you remove the screws and the blue piece there are still 2 small hard metal pieces in that orbit lane. Is anyone just leaving them there? I worried that might scratch up the ball? What did you guys do after removing the blue foam piece from that left orbit?

I don't recommend removing that piece entirely. To be honest, I don't find that left orbit shot to be any more difficult than most of the other shots in the game. I don't know why people have so much trouble with it because I don't. shrugs..

Rob

#12224 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't recommend removing that piece entirely. To be honest, I don't find that left orbit shot to be any more difficult than most of the other shots in the game. I don't know why people have so much trouble with it because I don't. shrugs..
Rob

Agreed, if you just look at the left loop opening it is very tight, however the left lane guide goes a good ways down to the G-A-D-G-E-T targets, and that's where I aim. Hitting that left lane guide below the loop entrance makes the shot a lot easier.

#12225 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Moving the blue nib to the inside of the ramp requires you to file down the threaded protrusions on the left side (wouldn't want those sticking out).

I've tried it both ways and wouldn't recommend moving it. Not a lot to be gained, and as many have stated, the shot is tight but can be very consistent once you get used to it.....

#12226 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Definitely do not remove it unless you want to put new ball in your game every few plays. What a lot of people do is move the blue foam to the inside of the cat ramp in order to give a little more clearance to the left orbit.

Personally I think the rattling/bricked shots to the orbit is connected to what position the turntable is in, in the default "villain vision" position I seem to make clean shots as the ball lock area has smooth sides, in the other positions the rubber posts seem to snag it on the way up causing it to rattle then fall out.

#12227 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Personally I think the rattling/bricked shots to the orbit is connected to what position the turntable is in, in the default "villain vision" position I seem to make clean shots as the ball lock area has smooth sides, in the other positions the rubber posts seem to snag it on the way up causing it to rattle then fall out.

I have never once had a shot rattle and fall back down from the left orbit. Can you take a picture of the left orbit and what's under the ramp? The ball is never close to the turntable (from left orbit) on my game.

Rob

#12228 5 years ago

For reference, my game:

20190121_181830 (resized).jpg20190121_181830 (resized).jpg20190121_181900 (resized).jpg20190121_181900 (resized).jpg
#12229 5 years ago

I'll try to take some video of it at some point soon, but yeah, it gets about halfway up the height of the turntable (a bit past the cat ramp cables) and bounces back and forth in the lane and loses all of its momentum.

#12230 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I'll try to take some video of it at some point soon, but yeah, it gets about halfway up the height of the turntable (a bit past the cat ramp cables) and bounces back and forth in the lane and loses all of its momentum.

As shown in the premium pics above, the Catwoman cable, tied to the ramp, makes a real spot for the ball to slow, rattle a bit, etc.

Think it's been brought up some time back...cutting that wire tire and routing the cable further under the wire form cleans the line alot...cures most of the issues. Zero risk as you can put a new tie back on if it doesn't help.

#12231 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

As shown in the premium pics above, the Catwoman cable, tied to the ramp, makes a real spot for the ball to slow, rattle a bit, etc.

But that never happens on my game, not even once. So what is different then? That's why I posted pictures for others to compare.

Rob

#12232 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

But that never happens on my game, not even once. So what is different then? That's why I posted pictures for others to compare.
Rob

I did a slow-mo video on this when I first got it and it turns out that was one of the main problems for full rejects.

#12233 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Not sure...these games are weird for sure...possibly, as you have a newer run, the jacket is a bit more rigid, so as not to sag into the lane...Glad yours is solid...

#12234 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I did a slow-mo video on this when I first got it and it turns out that was one of the main problems for full rejects.

Yep...Cable over that orbit caused several grief...

#12235 5 years ago

Big thanks to Steve at Pinball Refinery for doing an awesome job powder coating my right ramp (wire form) purple.

IMG_8134 (resized).jpgIMG_8134 (resized).jpg

#12236 5 years ago

Played a few games at a friend's place yesterday. This game is seriously fun to shoot!

Looks like I'm dumping my TWD to make room for this one

#12237 5 years ago

I’m free of the clunckfest left orbit shot! No more clunking past the left ordit and I’ve done it the right way so the ball will not scar or chip, as it goes past and still maintain the nibs if I ever wish to return it to factory. No more ball rejection or shuttering it’s way past the left Catwoman ramp. It’s beem detailed how to do it, but no one has shown how to actually fix the left side once moving the blue foam to the right side of left ramp. Only cover the bottom nib with small piece of rubber, because the top one the ball doesn’t touch. Glides past with ease now. No more clunk, clunk. Lol

All you need is a small piece of rubber and then hot glue it to the area where the nibs protrude and no issue at all. See photos.

It now shoots near perfectly on both the left Catwoman ramp and the left orbit shot.

Holy left orbit shot Batman! Now it flies like a Robin right into Riddlers scoop/lair!
588C35A0-7B4A-42FC-A12C-599A40CD19EE (resized).jpeg588C35A0-7B4A-42FC-A12C-599A40CD19EE (resized).jpegAAF55699-6C26-4766-9B5E-6EFE98B12052 (resized).jpegAAF55699-6C26-4766-9B5E-6EFE98B12052 (resized).jpeg

#12238 5 years ago

Glad you seemed to solve that problem. I might have to see if i can find a way to do the same. I just get WAY to many clunky passes on that left outlane shot. Just curious do you think its necessary to even put the blue piece on the inside of the ramp? Couldn't you just leave it off completely?

#12239 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

do you think its necessary to even put the blue piece on the inside of the ramp? Couldn't you just leave it off completely?

Blue piece needs to be there to prevent the ball from hitting the metal straight on and chewing it the heck up.

My game came with the blue piece moved to the inside, I recently swapped it back to factory... and I will say the ramp shoots much smoother and the orbit shot doesn't seem to be much clunkier. But different strokes and all that

#12240 5 years ago

One day I'll own one. Until then, I'll just keep collecting the parts.

IMG_9482 (resized).JPGIMG_9482 (resized).JPG
#12241 5 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

One day I'll own one. Until then, I'll just keep collecting the parts.[quoted image]

Lol, only a few more to go!! Drop me a PM if you ever want to play. Your not but a stones throw from my house. (just don't throw any rocks...)

#12242 5 years ago

One day I'll own one. Until then, I'll just keep collecting the parts.[quoted image]

Those light boxes of yours look great!

#12243 5 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

Big thanks to Steve at Pinball Refinery for doing an awesome job powder coating my right ramp (wire form) purple.
[quoted image]

That purple is nice!

Rob

#12244 5 years ago

My crane has stopped registering hits, the crane works fine and no technical errors are being shown
Any ideas as to why this has happened?

#12245 5 years ago

Someone on here last year found a wire had been frayed and worn through at the rotating end of the crane.

#12246 5 years ago

Okay thanks for that, I’ll inspect it closely and see if that’s happened to mine also

#12247 5 years ago

I wish you with all my heart to achive that dream Midcoast, be patient with all your dreams no matter what. Trust me!

#12248 5 years ago

How did I do?

DD2931ED-95E3-4F25-8053-B3CE788EB28D (resized).jpegDD2931ED-95E3-4F25-8053-B3CE788EB28D (resized).jpeg
#12249 5 years ago

Wow, unbelievable score, well done. What was your strategy?

#12250 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How did I do?
[quoted image]

Excellent!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 34.99
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/245 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.