IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 374.
#12151 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ok whiskeytango you are good to go!
Not sure the real knocker kit adds a lot and I still haven’t installed the siren dome covers because it seems out of place to have two when the Batmobile only has one but the rest are primo.
I sold my speaker light kit because I didn’t like the look as much as I thought and went with a couple of docquests logo magnets instead. I don’t think they distract from the TV effect as much.[quoted image]

I have the dome covers and I think they look great. The originals are just bland. I look at it as more of a style and not about how many there are. Unless they are on a car then the number if them doesn’t matter to me.

#12152 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Anyone know of any distributors that might still have an LE or SLE? I know it's a long shot.
Or if anyone in Canada has one they'd be willing to sell, please get in touch.

Yelobird has a NIB LE drop him a pm, unless it’s already gone as someone else was looking for one a week or so ago.

#12153 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I thought they had fixed it on newer games. Of all of the tweaks to my game dressing that cable was the biggest PITA.

Did you do anything special? I've just pushed it aside for now.

#12154 5 years ago

. Already answered.

#12155 5 years ago

I remember someone saying they tweaked the crane ball sensitivity, but they didn’t say how. Any ideas? As far as I can see, the only way is to make the hole where the spring goes through smaller.

#12156 5 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Did you do anything special? I've just pushed it aside for now.

I rerouted it and zip-tied it. I don’t remember the specifics, but it became obvious after looking at it a while.

#12157 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I have the dome covers and I think they look great. The originals are just bland. I look at it as more of a style and not about how many there are. Unless they are on a car then the number if them doesn’t matter to me.

I certainly agree that the originals are bland and boring. But can’t bring myself to put the others on.

#12158 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I remember someone saying they tweaked the crane ball sensitivity, but they didn’t say how. Any ideas? As far as I can see, the only way is to make the hole where the spring goes through smaller.

I took it apart this weekend trying to understand the mechanism and I was amazed at how simple - it’s basically a tilt style mechanism (operation) where you close the switch when the spring touches the inner metal inhole. I think it’s designed to need a good strong hit. And that’s kinda it.

#12159 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I took it apart this weekend trying to understand the mechanism and I was amazed at how simple - it’s basically a tilt style mechanism (operation) where you close the switch when the spring touches the inner metal inhole. I think it’s designed to need a good strong hit. And that’s kinda it.

Yep, exactly how it works, but makes it tricky to adjust sensitivity. A tilt bob has a tapered bob allowing for easy adjustment. The crane doesn’t. And because the spring tension can’t be adjusted, the only way I can see to increase sensitivity is to make the hole that the spring goes through smaller. If I could get a very large bore washer that is smaller than the hole size or some other sort of metal O ring. Was hoping someone had come up with something.

#12160 5 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

On my game the crane will travel out/left and stop where the opto flag is set (physical adjustment under the playfield on the crane mech)- but when it travels in the other direction, back/right, it always over-travels further than it should.

I have the EXACT same problem. Position is good on the way out (left) but it overshoots about 1/2" - 3/4" on the return to the right. EVERY single insert.

What did we hear from Stern for the fix?

Thank you!

#12161 5 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

I have the EXACT same problem. Position is good on the way out (left) but it overshoots about 1/2" - 3/4" on the return to the right. EVERY single insert.
Thank you!

Same here. Tried to adjust the opto flag. Just made the problem the opposite way. It only started recently, I just assumed a bolt was loose and need to be tightened. However, everything was good.

#12162 5 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

Thank you!

Try adjusting the penguin crane lag. I had to turn mine down to zero. Be sure you reboot the game or the adjustment will not take effect.

#12163 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yep, exactly how it works, but makes it tricky to adjust sensitivity. A tilt bob has a tapered bob allowing for easy adjustment. The crane doesn’t. And because the spring tension can’t be adjusted, the only way I can see to increase sensitivity is to make the hole that the spring goes through smaller. If I could get a very large bore washer that is smaller than the hole size or some other sort of metal O ring. Was hoping someone had come up with something.

That’s what we plan on doing, just haven’t got around to it yet. Will sort it when I set my new node board.

#12164 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Try adjusting the penguin crane lag. I had to turn mine down to zero. Be sure you reboot the game or the adjustment will not take effect.

Did that stop the offset penguin crane as it goes to the right?

I’ve got the same issue where it won’t line up with the umbrella lights on the way back, so when it gets to the last right umbrella, it traps the pinball until it starts going left again. Annoying. Anyone come up,with a fix?

#12165 5 years ago

As mentioned make sure your optos are centered under the playfield and Penguin lag adjustment is set to zero to start. Might need to adjust this setting as every machine is slightly different. You should see a noticeable difference in the centering.

#12166 5 years ago

The adjustments of lowering the lag time does help but doesn't fix the over-travelling in one or the other direction.

My current theory to fix this (which I haven't tried yet) would be the extend the width of the opto flag with a sticker or piece of tape- so that way the opto beam is broken sooner when the crane is travelling in the direction where it over-travels and it stops at the right spot over the insert. You can usually adjust it so that it would stop correctly in the other direction.

#12167 5 years ago

My Crane problem is different,in as much as it stops on the far right,and when hit, traps the ball in the inset! Then you wait for a ball search! So,I try to hit it going out,but,going out,it always goes far left first! So,the last right shot is always the same

#12168 5 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

It looks like the speaker lights are no longer available, which is a real bummer. FWIW, I'm also looking into legs & rails, but then I'll need to send it all out to be powder coated.

My Speaker Light Kits for SPIKE 2 games are available at www.speakerlightkits.com.

RGB, color selectable with 44 key remote. Speaker Light Kit $65 & Bat Acrylic Designs $20.

SPIKE 2 light kit (resized).jpgSPIKE 2 light kit (resized).jpg
#12169 5 years ago

I was dealing with the crane / opto flag issues as well... mine would be centered of the inserts when moving out to the left but on the way back they were misaligned. no amount of adjustment on the bracket or through the menu delay settings could dial it in.

I ended up using a small strip of aluminum duct HVAC tape and widening the opto flag by a couple of mm on each side. works perfectly now. at first I was not thrilled about having to do this on a brand new machine but it works. I may fabricate something more permanent down the road but at least its not driving me crazy while i play.

#12170 5 years ago

How many multi balls are there in this game?

I played it a few times on very early code, and I don't think I saw many MBs.

Has that changed?

I find games with multiple MB modes just tend to be better family friendly games.

#12171 5 years ago

There are 7 multiballs in this game
3 'early' ones, 4 wizard ones.

#12172 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

My Speaker Light Kits for SPIKE 2 games are available at www.speakerlightkits.com.
RGB, color selectable with 44 key remote. Speaker Light Kit $65 & Bat Acrylic Designs $20.[quoted image]

Man Dug, that looks great!!! not going for an "SLE" look myself, as I have an LE....pm sent

#12173 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

How many multi balls are there in this game?
I played it a few times on very early code, and I don't think I saw many MBs.
Has that changed?
I find games with multiple MB modes just tend to be better family friendly games.

I just tell new people to "choose the cowboy(s)" when they get into the minor villain screen. The main multiball is a little difficult for novice players to get to but I still tell them how to get there at least.

#12174 5 years ago

Didn't know about this:

"Use of gadget:

Open Ball Lock Diverter
When locks inserts are lit, using a gadget shortly after plunging the ball will divert the plunged ball into the lock. This also works for balls ejected from the bat-signal saucer."

This game is constantly surprising me.

Great and up to date (1.02) Pinwiki on tilt:

http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463

#12175 5 years ago

One of the things I love about B66 is every game I play is like a completely different game. I can spend a whole game playing Catwoman all the way through which is as deep by itself as most games in total. Then Bat-Turn starts. And I never even start a multiball.

Or I might focus on minor villains, and end up in multiball. Etc etc etc.

Endless possibilities and each time it feels like I’ve played a new game.

#12176 5 years ago

Does anyone wish the changes to Shame had been done differently? Perhaps remove the ball save extension power instead?

And should bookworm make powers last for a whole game, or just the next ball? This way it's maybe not the villain everyone would choose on ball 1.

Rob

#12177 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Does anyone wish the changes to Shame had been done differently? Perhaps remove the ball save extension power instead?
And should bookworm make powers last for a whole game, or just the next ball? This way it's maybe not the villain everyone would choose on ball 1.
Rob

Not really - I think they're hard enough to get and keep so the reward needs to be worth it otherwise I wouldn't play them. Plus, some of the Minor Villains really aren't super powerful until you also get another Minor Villain. Bookworm for example means nothing until you get the Minor Villain after. So you really need to get 2 villains to get value. If you can consistently do that you deserve big rewards IMO.

Im still holding hope for a Bat Turn style Wall Climb mode that uses the spinner. C'mon Lyman!!! Pleeeeaase!!!

#12178 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not really - I think they're hard enough to get and keep so the reward needs to be worth it otherwise I wouldn't play them. Plus, some of the Minor Villains really aren't super powerful until you also get another Minor Villain. Bookworm for example means nothing until you get the Minor Villain after. So you really need to get 2 villains to get value. If you can consistently do that you deserve big rewards IMO.
Im still holding hope for a Bat Turn style Wall Climb mode that uses the spinner. C'mon Lyman!!! Pleeeeaase!!!

I think BM66 needs lightshows more than it needs another mode.

I don't mind bookworm in itself, but it's the combination with freeze and if done on ball 1 (or 2), can be potential for crazy points. I don't think beating just 2 specific minor villains should present such a lucrative scoring opportunity for the rest of the whole game. It would probably suck in a multiplayer game.

Rob

#12179 5 years ago

For the record, what is there in batman already is great, no doubt.
It's the result of a lot of work already done and I think we should not underetimate all the work it takes for the video selection, finetuning with audio, etc...

But this is what the game needs:
- an ultra wizard mode that combines majors and minors to play (or complete) them all. Now you can reach each wizard mode quite fast! I feel i'm playing for points only now where in other games I play for the ultra wizard mode (like last man standing, encore, end of the line, iron throne, ..)
- more lightshows
- more crane work / variation
- better strategy use of egghead (now it's only 'points'). There is no reason to take egghead before any other villain instead of an easier minor villain completion towards a minor wizard mode
- turn down the strength of bookworm in combination with freeze. That with your playfield multiplier constant on is just too strong.
- more guidelines towards the player: what have you earned when completing a minor, does it last for the ball or game?
- guidelines that there are wizard modes present when completing minors
- guidelines in number of gadgets you have ready
- more usage of spinner and target behind it

some cleanup
-correct multiplier value on superjackpot complete for a major in the scoop when having king tut multipliers active
-count the multipliers for the egghead cashin in the bonus (now bonus value is the unmultiplied value of that shot, so you feel stolen )
-shame is broken (you can replay it without having to play mad hatter)
-show the difference between a completed minor and a played but not completed minor in the select screen (for example jailed artwork above it)

If that could be in the game, than it's perfect

#12180 5 years ago

Agree with all of the above except the need for a super wizard mode. Might be nice but I’d rather have the little stuff you mention especially more crane variations and the jailed/not jailed indication on minor villain select display.

#12181 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

One of the things I love about B66 is every game I play is like a completely different game. I can spend a whole game playing Catwoman all the way through which is as deep by itself as most games in total. Then Bat-Turn starts. And I never even start a multiball.
Or I might focus on minor villains, and end up in multiball. Etc etc etc.
Endless possibilities and each time it feels like I’ve played a new game.

Spot on! This game and Lyman’s mind of code operation is amazing.

Quoted from Rob_G:

I think BM66 needs lightshows more than it needs another mode.
I don't mind bookworm in itself, but it's the combination with freeze and if done on ball 1 (or 2), can be potential for crazy points. I don't think beating just 2 specific minor villains should present such a lucrative scoring opportunity for the rest of the whole game. It would probably suck in a multiplayer game.
Rob

Light shows are coming. I agree that it would be nice to see a explosion of light stuff like Iron Maiden. It will complete the experience.

#12182 5 years ago

Well, after months of procrastinating I think I am going to finally pick up a BM66.

I was just curious what peoples thoughts are on the playfield protector for BM66. Is it worth getting or not worth the trouble? Also, for those who have installed, was it very difficult (I have never installed one before, but looks a bit challenging).

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

#12183 5 years ago
Quoted from raz0red:

Well, after months of procrastinating I think I am going to finally pick up a BM66.
I was just curious what peoples thoughts are on the playfield protector for BM66. Is it worth getting or not worth the trouble? Also, for those who have installed, was it very difficult (I have never installed one before, but looks a bit challenging).

I have one. Think it’s definately worth it. Not difficult to put on. Two years later still looks great and I’ve had no issues with the game I can attribute to the protector.

#12184 5 years ago
Quoted from raz0red:

My LE has a PF protector and it plays fast, I really don’t notice it is on there except that the playfield looks extra glossy.

#12185 5 years ago

Did either of you remove the crane to install the protector? Seems like that would be the most difficult part.

Thanks again for the responses.

#12186 5 years ago
Quoted from raz0red:

Did either of you remove the crane to install the protector? Seems like that would be the most difficult part.

Took off the housing, but not the entire assembly.

#12187 5 years ago
Quoted from raz0red:

But seriously, it's a fantastic game and you won't be disappointed! I'm so glad I bought this instead of DeadPool, but I still like DP too.

Rob

#12188 5 years ago
Quoted from raz0red:

No, but you want to make sure you put a piece of thick paper or card stick under the crane ball and on top of the protector when installing it There is a sharp pointy part under the ball that will scratch the protector if you happen to drag it under the bottom of that ball while moving it in place.

#12189 5 years ago

Which protector did you buy

#12190 5 years ago

Found a bug:
Normally, if you start bat phone for a particular Major Villain, you can change that villain before answering the phone by hitting one of the other major villain shots.
Today, with 3 Major Villains complete but not Penguin, i started Penguin batphone, but accidentally shot a ramp and it switched to Catwoman. I couldn’t get it back to Penguin no matter how many times I shot the scoop. Really annoying since all I needed was Penguin to get all 4. So I had to start Catwoman again.

#12191 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Found a bug:
Normally, if you start bat phone for a particular Major Villain, you can change that villain before answering the phone by hitting one of the other major villain shots.
Today, with 3 Major Villains complete but not Penguin, i started Penguin batphone, but accidentally shot a ramp and it switched to Catwoman. I couldn’t get it back to Penguin no matter how many times I shot the scoop. Really annoying since all I needed was Penguin to get all 4. So I had to start Catwoman again.

Nice find cooked71

#12192 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

No, but you want to make sure you put a piece of thick paper or card stick under the crane ball and on top of the protector when installing it There is a sharp pointy part under the ball that will scratch the protector if you happen to drag it under the bottom of that ball while moving it in place.

Quoted from jfh:

Took off the housing, but not the entire assembly.

Definate agree with above. I may be one of a few who has taken the protector off at least more than once to get them cloudy marks up that can form underneath. Last time I took the front of the crane off. Unscrewed the earth cable so the front plate came off. Then taped the ball to the underside of the crane.Didnt take long at all plus I was able to raise the protector to clean all the way to the ramp entrances. No chance of damage. I wish I'd done that putting it on as it totally eliminates damage or scratching from that spike and gives you more room to apply it. Only took a few extra minutes to do so for me it's worth it.

#12193 5 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Didnt take long at all

Thats an unfair estimate for most of us, we both know you could take apart and rebuild a BM66 blind folded

#12194 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thats an unfair estimate for most of us, we both know you could take apart and rebuild a BM66 blind folded

lol, you and NeilMcRae can certainly vouch for that.

#12195 5 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Definate agree with above. I may be one of a few who has taken the protector off at least more than once to get them cloudy marks up that can form underneath.

What do you use to clean the “cloudy’ areas? I’ve never tried because I thought they were a byproduct of waxing before installing the protector and couldn’t be cleaned off.

#12196 5 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

Which protector did you buy

I don’t know if there are others but the one I used is from playfield protectors. Can’t imagine there is a better one. The link below is for the LE version. All three should be the same.

https://playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/u1MM5ElEWIpjQrdNDAtA?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors&name=Batman%2066%20(Super%20Limited%20Edition)%20%7C%202016

#12197 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What do you use to clean the “cloudy’ areas? I’ve never tried because I thought they were a byproduct of waxing before installing the protector and couldn’t be cleaned off.

VM & P Naphtha. It dries almost instantly after its wiped on. No risk of damage to clearcoat and will remove all the wax. I had to do it on my BM66 as I made the mistake of waxing my playfield before I put the protector on. All the "wet" spots are gone. MUST use in a well ventilated area.

#12198 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t know if there are others but the one I used is from playfield protectors. Can’t imagine there is a better one. The link below is for the LE version. All three should be the same.
https://playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/u1MM5ElEWIpjQrdNDAtA?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors&name=Batman%2066%20(Super%20Limited%20Edition)%20%7C%202016

I had that one.its now on the floor ready for the bin.If I only knew back then what I know now.
Mine was cut too short for the ramp entrances creating a lip on both right and left. Me being clueless at the time thought that was how it was. Was getting airballs at an alarming rate. I even trimmed it all so I could raise it enough to fit under the ramp flaps.
In the end I ripped it off months ago and put this one on.

https://pu-parts.com/batman-66-playfield-protector

Way way better fit.Looks great.This one though has the hole cut out for the magnet so I had to raise it level with protector.I bought one for iron maiden from them too.

#12199 5 years ago

Interesting. Maybe you got an early version because mine doesn’t have the fit issues you mention. I don’t like the idea of having a cut out for the magnet, but some may prefer it.

#12200 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

VM & P Naphtha. It dries almost instantly after its wiped on. No risk of damage to clearcoat and will remove all the wax. I had to do it on my BM66 as I made the mistake of waxing my playfield before I put the protector on. All the "wet" spots are gone. MUST use in a well ventilated area.

So the spots aren’t actually on the protector after the pf waxing? I was thinking I would have to replace the protector with a new one to get rid of the spots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.99
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/244?hl=damien and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.