IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 374.
#12101 5 years ago

Sounds like a call to your distributor and/or Stern on Monday morning will be needed....

#12102 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Most likely the board is bad and needs replaced. This tends to happen too frequently right after an update to the fragile Spike system. Does this board have the Stern service bulletins applied to it? https://sternpinball.com/support/service-bulletins/ Curious to know if these fixes are helping at all.

Yes it has been attached.

#12103 5 years ago

Going to try reinstalling the code.

#12104 5 years ago

I'd check the D9 diode on Node board 8 and see if one of the leads has broken off the board. This seems to be the culprit more times than not.

20190113_155025 (resized).jpg20190113_155025 (resized).jpg

#12105 5 years ago

I'd check the D9 diode on Node board 8 and see if one of the leads has broken off the board. This seems to be the culprit more times than not.
[quoted image]

That looks fine too.

#12106 5 years ago

Does anyone know how the firmware on a particular node board gets updated when a new board is swapped in? Is a check done at power up and the node boards updated or does something else need to be done?

#12107 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Does anyone know how the firmware on a particular node board gets updated when a new board is swapped in? Is a check done at power up and the node boards updated or does something else need to be done?

I assume it happens automatically at power up. When you download the code it's getting loaded to main board then after you power cycle it does a check and if any of the node boards are not up to date it programs them appropriately.

If you put a new node board in make sure you set the dip switch settings on the new board to the proper setting (use old board for reference). Not doing may prevent the board from updating properly.

#12108 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Appreciate you taking the time to send me all of that.
I was considering buying one on the resale market, but maybe knowing all of this, I'd be better off looking at NIB.
Have the soft/dimpling pf issues been addressed?
And what is the atomic pile? Is that a mod, or some changes they made to the turntable?
Also, I'm curious to know if this is a longer or shorter playing game. And what other game(s) you would say that this game feels and plays like in respect to flow and code.

There aren't many BM66 on the resale market, especially here in Canada. NIB certainly has advantages since you will have all the latest tweaks to the game. I bought mine in November and it had an October 2018 build date. I can say without a doubt this is one of the BEST games I have ever bought. Theme integration is second to none. Sound and music are also fantastic! It shoots a heck of a lot better than it looks, the shots are fun and rewarding. It is an amazingly fun game!

Rob

#12109 5 years ago

It’s here!

C0287592-C017-4E22-8B8B-19CDAF8450DD (resized).jpegC0287592-C017-4E22-8B8B-19CDAF8450DD (resized).jpeg
#12110 5 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

It’s here!
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

Now unbox that badboy!

#12112 5 years ago

Hey gang - I’m habing a somewhat odd problem and I thought I’d run it past the group.

When I answer the phone the ball kind of sticks on the magnet. It is not released until a ball search is done or I give the game a gentle push (not a hard push mind you, just a soft nudge).

I had silver jets in the game, so I took those out and replaced them with standard new balls just in case they were slightly magnetized...this did not solve or reduce the issue at all.

Any ideas? Anyone else expierence this?

#12113 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hey gang - I’m habing a somewhat odd problem and I thought I’d run it past the group.
When I answer the phone the ball kind of sticks on the magnet. It is not released until a ball search is done or I give the game a gentle push (not a hard push mind you, just a soft nudge).
I had silver jets in the game, so I took those out and replaced them with standard new balls just in case they were slightly magnetized...this did not solve or reduce the issue at all.

If you have a sticker on a magnet this happens fairly often......mine does it as well, hanging on the ModCouples' sewer sticker.

#12114 5 years ago

Sort of on topic.... Found this Life magazine from March 1966 at my local record shop. Made a custom frame for it and hung it up in the game room.

No Batman pin in the house though....

20190114_182304 (resized).jpg20190114_182304 (resized).jpg
#12115 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

If you have a sticker on a magnet this happens fairly often......mine does it as well, hanging on the ModCouples' sewer sticker.

Agreed....getting away from silverjets a good idea anyway on this game....my sticker still looks kinda cool, but will definitely hold the ball a bit if the magnet gets a square hold on it.

doesn't really bother me, but pretty predictable...

#12116 5 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Sort of on topic.... Found this Life magazine from March 1966 at my local record shop. Made a custom frame for it and hung it up in the game room.
No Batman pin in the house though....
[quoted image]

I will never forget the day I was sitting at the kitchen table - I was 8 or 9 - and my mother brought in the mail with this issue and handed it to me. She couldn’t get over Batman being on the cover. I’m sure she thought it was beneath the usual standards.

Pretty sure the was an issue of TV Guide around the same time with Batman on the cover too.

#12117 5 years ago

I have the Mod Couple sticker on my game too but have never had a problem with the ball sticking. But I also have a playfield protector on.

#12118 5 years ago

I have no sticker, it’s stock, but the ball still sticks. Any other ideas or any fixes? Thanks!

#12119 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I have no sticker, it’s stock, but the ball still sticks. Any other ideas or any fixes? Thanks!

Is the magnet smooth or does it have a lot of dimples? Wondering if it’s getting stuck in a divot or something like that.

#12120 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Is the magnet smooth or does it have a lot of dimples? Wondering if it’s getting stuck in a divot or something like that.

It does have a few dimples. It’s not perfectly smooth. I’ll look at where the ball is sitting because the dimples are not centered.

#12121 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I had this issue one solution I found was simply removing it, however it does look pretty cool, so using one that covers the entire magnet area seems to stop any hang ups.

The image doesn’t appear to be custom made, as I found one on google which I’ve included in this post below so you can print out your own.
305D51F1-4783-4E20-8D54-4198CEE1A885.jpeg305D51F1-4783-4E20-8D54-4198CEE1A885.jpeg

#12122 5 years ago

Here 's one for all you LE owners=My Batsignal went out yesterday,and I took it apart to see what kinda bulb it took! When I finally got it apart,the "bulb" was a sealed unit inside a small piece if white plastic with ridges on the side!! There is no way to replace this as no one has ever seen any thing even close to this!!! Chas at Stern didn't even know what the heck it was!!Apparently,the SLE and the LE are different!!!Waiting on Chas to see what he can do!! So,beware if yours goes out,maybe a hassle to fix!!!

#12123 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Quoted from TigerLaw:

What about a small piece of mylar for the hole in the middle?

#12124 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Here 's one for all you LE owners=My Batsignal went out yesterday,and I took it apart to see what kinda bulb it took! When I finally got it apart,the "bulb" was a sealed unit inside a small piece if white plastic with ridges on the side!! There is no way to replace this as no one has ever seen any thing even close to this!!! Chas at Stern didn't even know what the heck it was!!Apparently,the SLE and the LE are different!!!Waiting on Chas to see what he can do!! So,beware if yours goes out,maybe a hassle to fix!!!

Maybe you could check the voltage on the socket while it's on and replace the existing with a new socket and an easier to source bulb?

#12125 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I gave up on Sterns shitty Bat Signal long ago and went with Doc's. Much better IMO. Hope your issue gets resolved though.

ae9580ce25cf9c3e1321694a83c010d3dac64a81 (resized).jpgae9580ce25cf9c3e1321694a83c010d3dac64a81 (resized).jpg
#12126 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I had this issue one solution I found was simply removing it, however it does look pretty cool, so using one that covers the entire magnet area seems to stop any hang ups.
The image doesn’t appear to be custom made, as I found one on google which I’ve included in this post below so you can print out your own.
[quoted image]

For clarity, there is No decal on the actual center core of the magnet. It only covers the metal outer steel perimeter. The sewer decal And the protective Mylar are both donut cut in the center as you would never want a decal on the magnet core itself.

#12127 5 years ago

I gave up on Sterns shitty Bat Signal long ago and went with Doc's. Much better IMO. Hope your issue gets resolved though. [quoted image]

I found this alternative projector on amazon for just $15. Plus, you get two at that price. It's small enough to fit through the top access hole. It did require a 12vdc converter. Not the series-correct emblem, but works fine (and looks better.)

https://www.amazon.com/Spoya-BATMAN-shield-welcome-projector/dp/B01N1HVWZ4/ref=sr_1_12

2019-01-11 19.24.12 (resized).jpg2019-01-11 19.24.12 (resized).jpg

#12128 5 years ago

That's pretty cool! Not sure I'd want to drill a hole in my car door though.

#12129 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I found this alternative projector on amazon for just $15. Plus, you get two at that price. It's small enough to fit through the top access hole. It did require a 12vdc converter. Not the series-correct emblem, but works fine.
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

OK I'll ask first. What 12 vdc converter did you use?
Thanks!

#12130 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

OK I'll ask first. What 12 vdc converter did you use?
Thanks!

This one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GRZB5Y9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s00

I cut off the connector at the end of the wire (the non plug end) and spliced/soldered it to the led projector's wires.

Install instructions are courtesy of docquest. Using the relay he recommends, you can make the projector interactive with game-play by tying it into a flasher if you like. Full details are here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-tutorial-batman66-bat-signal-projector#post-4090106

#12132 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have the Mod Couple sticker on my game too but have never had a problem with the ball sticking. But I also have a playfield protector on.

I have a few questions...
How much of a PITA was the playfield protector to install?
Did you have to adjust any switches after the install?
Does it affect play at all?
How does it look?

I have a BM66 on order and have contemplated on getting a playfield protector.

Thanks in advance.

#12133 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This topic comes up every now and then. I've had my machine just over a year now. After 2 weeks my balls were getting stuck on the sewer magnet as well. You mentioned you replaced the balls. I don't know what kind but these worked for me. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-5 It states....."Resistant to residual magnetism and exceeds factory specifications for hardness, roundness, and weight." I haven't had a single hangup since using these.

#12134 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I found this alternative projector on amazon for just $15. Plus, you get two at that price. It's small enough to fit through the top access hole. It did require a 12vdc converter. Not the series-correct emblem, but works fine.
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

Nice! Did you buy the 12volt VDC converter from Amazon too? Where did you plug it in at on the back box?

#12135 5 years ago

Finally out of the box and updating code.Finally out of the box and updating code.

I've also started with the mod orders:
- The Mod Couple - Batman 66 Sewer Magnet Protector Mod kit (I'm actually on the fence about installing this now..)
- The Mod Couple - Batman 66 Custom LED Batphone Upgrade
- The Mod Couple - Batman 66 "KaPOW" custom shooter plate!

- Pinball Life - Batman '66 Art Blades

- The Modfather - Batman 66 Premium Pincup

#12136 5 years ago

Thanks all for your suggestions!!! upon further investigation,the led bulb is ok! The 5v to 12v convertor failed!! Stern part no.520-6975-00,none in Stern stock,so waiting on PBL to come up with it!!

#12137 5 years ago

Hay whisky tango,better open up that wallet a little more with the Mod-Couple's Atomic Pile and BatCave upgrade!! Worth it IMHO

#12138 5 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

I have a few questions...
How much of a PITA was the playfield protector to install?
Did you have to adjust any switches after the install?
Does it affect play at all?
How does it look?

If I remember it took about an hour. Toughest part was figuring out what to do with the crane. It wasn’t bad. Not like some games where you have o take off half the playfield. The biggest mistake was waxing the playfield first as the wax reacted some with the protector. The resulting small spots/cloudiness in some areas isn’t bad (and my wife doesn’t see it) but annoying because I know it’s there. There is a thread on the protectors that details better prep steps. Some day I will remove this one, clean the wax residue and install a new one.

Didn’t have to adjust any switches. If you are going to do cliffys, put those on first. I had the original cliffy for the 2008 Batman installed prior and te Penguin hole shot is a bit tight. The version for BM66 apparently fixes this.

If it does impact play,it doesn’t bother me. I’ve always thought it is faster, but that may be my imagination.

Other than the fallout from the wax, I don’t think it looks bad at all. Most people haven’t noticed/commented that it’s there. It is certainly far less noticeable than I expected and I don’t even think about it any more except when the light hits a particular wax spot. It’s been on for just about two years and it still looks great.

A protector is probably overkill but I got an early game and had no idea if I got one of the super soft playfields and didn’t want to wait and see it damaged. It’s also an LE so I wanted to protect the signatures. I’m sure I could get an NOS PF but it wouldn’t have the sigs and that would bug me.

#12139 5 years ago

[quoted image]
I've also started with the mod orders:
- The Mod Couple - Batman 66 Sewer Magnet Protector Mod kit (I'm actually on the fence about installing this now..)
- The Mod Couple - Batman 66 Custom LED Batphone Upgrade
- The Mod Couple - Batman 66 "KaPOW" custom shooter plate!

- Pinball Life - Batman '66 Art Blades

- The Modfather - Batman 66 Premium Pincup

How could you pass on the Mod Couple Atomic Pile mod? If there is one “must have” mod, that’s the one!

There are other options for the phone upgrade. I prefer the toy bat phone on the cake plate version, but there are advantages to the MC phone mod

#12140 5 years ago

I gave up on Sterns shitty Bat Signal long ago and went with Doc's. Much better IMO. Hope your issue gets resolved though

Where can I acquire one of those? Looks awesome!

#12141 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Where can I acquire one of those? Looks awesome!

I got them in my pinball shop along with a few other batman 66 mods I've made:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1120-docquest-pinball-mods

#12142 5 years ago

Out of the box it plays ok, but that damn wire for the Cat Light above the left ramp. It was completely in the way and wouldn't allow a ball to pass through the orbit and I've been messing with it trying to get it to stay in place. I also need to increase the angle a bit as its a little shallow.

#12143 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How could you pass on the Mod Couple Atomic Pile mod? If there is one “must have” mod, that’s the one!
There are other options for the phone upgrade. I prefer the toy bat phone on the cake plate version, but there are advantages to the MC phone mod

I haven't..

Here is my "To Be Ordered" list as of tonight
- Pinball Life - Stern Factory Authorized Shaker Motor Kit for Stern SPIKE & SPIKE 2 System Games
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-factory-authorized-shaker-motor-kit-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html
- Pinball Life - 'Real Knocker Kit For Stern SPIKE/SPIKE 2

https://www.pinballlife.com/real-knocker-kit-for-stern-spikespike-2.html
- MezelMods - Batman 66 Pinball Crane Upgrade Kit
https://mezelmods.com/collections/batman-66-pinball/products/batman-66-pinball-crane-upgrade
- MezelMods - Batman 66 Pinball Siren Dome Covers 

https://mezelmods.com/collections/batman-66-pinball/products/batman-66-pinball-siren-dome-covers
- MezelMods - Batman 66 Pinball Backboard Building

https://mezelmods.com/collections/batman-66-pinball/products/batman-66-pinball-backboard-building
- The Mod Couple - Batman 66 Batcave Spinner Upgrade Kit Complete with mounting disk!

https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/stern-batman-66-custom-mods-collection/products/batman-66-batcave-spinner-upgrade-kit-complete-with-mounting-disk
- The Mod Couple - Batman 66 Custom Atomic Pile Mod Kit Lighted! 

https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/stern-batman-66-custom-mods-collection/products/batman-66-custom-atomic-pile-mod-kit-lighted
- The Mod Couple - Batman 66 Bat-Computers Upgrade kit!
https://themodcouplepinball.com/products/batman-66-bat-computers-upgrade-kit
- The Mod Couple - DocQuest Mini Bat-signal Interactive Game playfield mounted

https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/stern-batman-66-custom-mods-collection/products/docquest-mini-bat-signal-interactive-game-playfield-mounted-batman-66

It looks like the speaker lights are no longer available, which is a real bummer. FWIW, I'm also looking into legs & rails, but then I'll need to send it all out to be powder coated.

#12144 5 years ago

Ok WhiskeyTango you are good to go!

Not sure the real knocker kit adds a lot and I still haven’t installed the siren dome covers because it seems out of place to have two when the Batmobile only has one but the rest are primo.

I sold my speaker light kit because I didn’t like the look as much as I thought and went with a couple of docquests logo magnets instead. I don’t think they distract from the TV effect as much.

BC59E4EB-411E-49E7-B45B-9CFA72FD7E44 (resized).jpegBC59E4EB-411E-49E7-B45B-9CFA72FD7E44 (resized).jpeg
#12145 5 years ago

Looks like the speaker lights are still available. Not for everyone but I absolutely Love these. Happy modding!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1080-the-mod-couple/01339-batman-66-sle-premium-speaker-illumination-kits

#12146 5 years ago

Out of the box it plays ok, but that damn wire for the Cat Light above the left ramp. It was completely in the way and wouldn't allow a ball to pass through the orbit and I've been messing with it trying to get it to stay in place. I also need to increase the angle a bit as its a little shallow.

I thought they had fixed it on newer games. Of all of the tweaks to my game dressing that cable was the biggest PITA.

#12147 5 years ago

Looks like the speaker lights are still available. Not for everyone but I absolutely Love these. Happy modding!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1080-the-mod-couple/01339-batman-66-sle-premium-speaker-illumination-kits

I have been trying to resist ordering this kit, I love the way it looks but I am saving for another machine so I need to back off on the mods

#12148 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ok whiskeytango you are good to go!
Not sure the real knocker kit adds a lot and I still haven’t installed the siren dome covers because it seems out of place to have two when the Batmobile only has one but the rest are primo.
I sold my speaker light kit because I didn’t like the look as much as I thought and went with a couple of docquests logo magnets instead. I don’t think they distract from the TV effect as much.[quoted image]

Good points on the knocker and siren dome covers. I've pulled the knocker from my list and will probably do the same with the dome covers.

I'm on the fence about what to do with the speaker lights and may go with a more subtle route as there is a lot going on already.

#12149 5 years ago

Yelobird are you able to make these speaker kits in different colours or colour changing?

#12150 5 years ago

Anyone know of any distributors that might still have an LE or SLE? I know it's a long shot.

Or if anyone in Canada has one they'd be willing to sell, please get in touch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/243?hl=damien and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.