IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 374.
#12051 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Don’t commit the biggest mistake you will make in your pinball life and pass on BM66.
In all seriousness it’s not complicated at all, it’s just super deep with multiple paths and strategies, I’m probably a below average to average player and BM66 is my favourite pin in my collection.

Thanks! I appreciate the input and glad to hear I can bang around on it and still have fun. I played about a dozen games in a barcade recently so didn’t get the full immersion and really didn’t know what I was doing. I grew up absolutely loving that show ( 7 years old) so this will be fun on a lot of levels. I’ll report back !

#12052 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

its ok found what I needed.

Did you get on top of the issue?

#12053 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Munsters Pro would look amazing next to BM66.

Not as cool as a Munsters LE! For me this has been a Dream combo event. My childhood has now come full circle, thank you Stern!

#12054 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not as cool as a Munsters LE! For me this has been a Dream combo event. My childhood has now come full circle, thank you Stern!

Artwork on the LE doesn’t go with the art on BM66. I was hoping Stern would knock the LE out the park but it’s a little half backed imo.

I’m still hopeful they add a second “coloured” premium at some though like they have done previously.

Batman 66 is still the best looking game ever though!

#12055 5 years ago

I think software on B66 is a little deeper than munsters...

#12056 5 years ago

Out of curiosity, what pitch does everyone have their game set at?

#12057 5 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

7 degrees, but I may dial it back to 6.8. The only reason I went with 7 was that the flippers are a bit strong on this game.

Rob

#12058 5 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Just under 7

#12059 5 years ago

7.1 percent

#12060 5 years ago

I just wanted to see what shooter rod springs (color) some of you guys are using and which one(s) works the best. I know it needs a stiffer one than the original blue that came with it. I've got a green one on it now, but what about orange, purple, red? Thanks!

#12061 5 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

I just wanted to see what shooter rod springs (color) some of you guys are using and which one(s) works the best. I know it needs a stiffer one than the original blue that came with it. I've got a green one on it now, but what about orange, purple, red? Thanks!

I use the one that came with my game.

Rob

#12062 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I use the one that came with my game.
Rob

Not sure if your being sarcastic Rob but some models had issues with the spring being to weak or too strong, Stern changed the springs a couple of times throughout production.

Some (colours) worked better than others.

#12063 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Not sure if your being sarcastic Rob but some models had issues with the spring being to weak or too strong, Stern changed the springs a couple of times throughout production.
Some (colours) worked better than others.

No, I use the one that came with my game. It's green.

Rob

#12064 5 years ago

Hey guys quick reminder, just downloaded the 1.02spk update from Stern's website to my desktop. Do I just copy that file to the flash and then update or am I supposed to extract the file first?

#12065 5 years ago

Another update????Will this be endless???

#12066 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well this one came out Dec 20th, I'm just late to the update party

#12067 5 years ago

Is this update worth installing?

#12068 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is this update worth installing?

Yeah, you need to extract it first then put it on a flash card. It seems to be best to have the 3 files be the only thing on the card.

I haven't installed it yet as I like to do all my pinbrowser edits and haven't gotten to it yet. Also it's mostly a fix for spamming Shame which isn't something I do anyway.

#12069 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

There will be more updates from Lyman, watch this space ......

#12070 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

There will be more updates from Lyman, watch this space ......

Hope so, I'm waiting for the slingshot flashers to start going off during gameplay....

#12071 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Munsters Pro would look amazing next to BM66.

That's my plan also...

#12072 5 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

That's my plan also...

I’m thinking the same but it won’t be NIB, but that pro art is fantastic matches what Franchi did on BM66 perfectly.

#12073 5 years ago

So does anyone have a hard time getting a clean shot to the batlight when using the left outline? I can’t see anything but swear sometimes I feel like something binds or slows down the ball as it goes around the left outer lane making it fall short of the Batlight 9 out of 10 times...or do I just suck

#12074 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So does anyone have a hard time getting a clean shot to the batlight when using the left outline? I can’t see anything but swear sometimes I feel like something binds or slows down the ball as it goes around the left outer lane making it fall short of the Batlight 9 out of 10 times...or do I just suck

You mean left orbit?

Check your blue nub that’s placed on the left side of the ramp and just behind that check the wiring/cables for the Cat lamps those can be hanging or sticking out into the left orbit which is already a tight shot.

#12075 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Check this post out by fellow member cooked71 great advice if your left orbit is a little clunky. But also check the wiring/cables for the Cat lamps behind the ramp incase they are impeding into your orbit/lane.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/25#post-3567518

#12076 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You mean left orbit?
Check your blue nub that’s placed on the left side of the ramp and just behind that check the wiring/cables for the Cat lamps those can be hanging or sticking out into the left orbit which is already a tight shot.

Would you mind taking a picture I am missing something (its early and my brain might still be asleep lol)

#12077 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Would you mind taking a picture I am missing something (its early and my brain might still be asleep lol)

I’m currently at work but my games tombstoned while we finish repairs on a large portion of our home.

Check the post made by cooked71 that should sort you out with the blue nub, then for the cables just look under the left ramp you will see the wires from the CAT ramp plastic lights, check they are not obstructing your left orbit lane.

#12078 5 years ago

Game is on order.
Stern said their next run won't be until February.

#12079 5 years ago

Trent has some for sale in Ohio...

#12080 5 years ago

My last two NIB were from Trent.
I'm supporting my new local distributor.

#12081 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just an idea for anyone getting rejected or rattley left orbit shots, try this out:
Move the left nib rubber from the outside of the left ramp to the inside. With the PF fully up, Just need to undo the ramp nuts from under the pf, then remove the small screws that hold the rubber, and move it to the inside of the ramp entrance, then re-attach (I think you might have to flip the rubber so the holes line up).
Does the same job, but opens up the left orbit a lot. I haven't noticed that The left ramp entrance is any different. A miss hit left orbit shot still occasionally rattles a bit, but never rejects.
Be great if others could try it to see if they notice the difference.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

By moving that blue rubber on the inside of the catwoman ramp does it make that shot harder or no?

#12082 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’m currently at work but my games tombstoned while we finish repairs on a large portion of our home.
Check the post made by cooked71 that should sort you out with the blue nub, then for the cables just look under the left ramp you will see the wires from the CAT ramp plastic lights, check they are not obstructing your left orbit lane.

And I can see where moving the blu nub from out outline to the inside ramp would open up that outline shot, but does it make it harder to make the ramp shot?

#12083 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

And I can see where moving the blu nub from out outline to the inside ramp would open up that outline shot, but does it make it harder to make the ramp shot?

No, those ramp entrances are quite generous from what I’ve seen from being in this thread from release, no one who’s moved the nub has had issues making the ramp.

#12084 5 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Game is on order.
Stern said their next run won't be until February.

Hey - count your blessings. 12-18 months ago the consensus was they might never run Premiums again because they weren’t selling. At least you can get a NIB game with all the factory fixes installed.

It’s worth the wait!

#12085 5 years ago

For those that haven’t seen the new ‘How to Play’ instructions in the new code - I thought it would be something I would turn off. But, at least for Batman, it’s integrated into the theme (except for generic cabinet and flipper shots) and cool enough to leave enabled:
098148CF-019E-420D-A620-29FB06FC3CAA (resized).jpeg098148CF-019E-420D-A620-29FB06FC3CAA (resized).jpeg
9ADDB39E-7B88-4B0B-80AB-891C2D44B6C1 (resized).jpeg9ADDB39E-7B88-4B0B-80AB-891C2D44B6C1 (resized).jpeg
40FBD807-5D79-455E-BACC-69E696340AAC (resized).jpeg40FBD807-5D79-455E-BACC-69E696340AAC (resized).jpeg
D4BE960B-16AE-4BAD-9517-6FF168A25D8E (resized).jpegD4BE960B-16AE-4BAD-9517-6FF168A25D8E (resized).jpeg
4E22DCB3-671E-43B6-AB00-73E5CA8767E5 (resized).jpeg4E22DCB3-671E-43B6-AB00-73E5CA8767E5 (resized).jpeg
0F0372EC-95BD-4A5D-A863-AB981C9E9275 (resized).jpeg0F0372EC-95BD-4A5D-A863-AB981C9E9275 (resized).jpeg
2893EC32-90B4-4046-9BAE-F740C78DD228 (resized).jpeg2893EC32-90B4-4046-9BAE-F740C78DD228 (resized).jpeg
549FD2DA-B2F5-4789-B79F-E2BE4BAC5DAE (resized).jpeg549FD2DA-B2F5-4789-B79F-E2BE4BAC5DAE (resized).jpeg
0F8209BD-A315-4B9B-91A5-C71C44B97FE1 (resized).jpeg0F8209BD-A315-4B9B-91A5-C71C44B97FE1 (resized).jpeg
17FA3237-01A9-4E56-A1E0-4A56489A41F5 (resized).jpeg17FA3237-01A9-4E56-A1E0-4A56489A41F5 (resized).jpeg
9DCF21EF-3ED4-46EE-8514-DC8A23D1C596 (resized).jpeg9DCF21EF-3ED4-46EE-8514-DC8A23D1C596 (resized).jpeg

Talk about attention to detail. If only the video pressing the start button and sing the flippers was shot using a Batman game ...

#12086 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those that haven’t seen the new ‘How to Play’ instructions in the new code - I thought it would be something I would turn off. But, at least for Batman, it’s integrated into the theme (except for generic cabinet and flipper shots) and cool enough to leave enabled:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Talk about attention to detail. If only the video pressing the start button and sing the flippers was shot using a Batman game ...

Maybe Lyman could get some new footage recorded while wearing some Batman gloves at the very least that would be pretty cool.

But what’s there is already brilliant in typical Lyman fashion, lovely attention to detail

#12087 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Maybe Lyman could get some new footage recorded while wearing some Batman gloves at the very least that would be pretty cool.

An even better idea!

#12088 5 years ago

Couple questions to owners. I have a friend who mentioned that the early games suffered from some really noticeable dimpling. I know, I know... All games dimple (or they don't if you're on the other side of that argument) but was there a known issue with BM66?

Also, I heard there were some issues that are being ironed out in newer games coming out of production. Maybe something about a ramp?

Curious to know if there were issues with older games, as I'm considering buying a previously owned Premium, and want to know what I might expect or look for when shopping.

Thanks

#12089 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I personally see Nothing wrong or to complain about with the Really creative and unique animation sequence. Yet again Lyman went above and beyond the call of duty to make Batman code special from start to finish. He never fails to impress. Wow

#12090 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I personally see Nothing wrong or to complain about with the Really creative and unique animation sequence. Yet again Lyman went above and beyond the call of duty to make Batman code special from start to finish. He never fails to impress. Wow

I didn’t mean to come off complaining at all - I think it’s brilliant and fits well. Far exceeded my expectations that I had when I read about it. But it would go perfectly if the generic video clip was customized. Might even be a good place to include the seat belt/atomic batteries to power/ready to move out sequence in attract mode.

The one thing I would like to see in attract mode is a way to skip past all the various mode high scores either with a setting or flipper code.

#12091 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Couple questions to owners. I have a friend who mentioned that the early games suffered from some really noticeable dimpling. I know, I know... All games dimple (or they don't if you're on the other side of that argument) but was there a known issue with BM66?
Also, I heard there were some issues that are being ironed out in newer games coming out of production.

There were certainly playfield issues with some games early in production. Haven’t heard anything on that in a long time, so maybe it’s been addressed. However it’s pretty clear that Stern playfields in recent years are noticeably softer than those 4-5 years ago. I decided when I got the game I was going to put on a playfield protector and not worry about it. Never used one before but love it.

The production issues that have been fixed in new Premiums:
- Batmobile now riveted to the mini turntable *
- left ramp fix kit and Batgirl plastic ball deflector installed *
- node board fixes to avoid vibration damage *
- Catwoman board wire redressed to minimize interference with left orbit
- heavier duty cabinet corner brace plates (similar to old WMS ones) installed

The ones indicated with * are available from Stern as fix kits.

The other common problem was the position of the left pad on the left ramp entrance. Don’t know if that has been changed in production but it’s a trivial change.

#12092 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

There were certainly playfield issues with some games early in production. Haven’t heard anything on that in a long time, so maybe it’s been addressed. However it’s pretty clear that Stern playfields in recent years are noticeably softer than those 4-5 years ago. I decided when I got the game I was going to put on a playfield protector and not worry about it. Never used one before but love it.
The production issues that have been fixed in new Premiums:
- Batmobile now riveted to the mini turntable *
- left ramp fix kit and Batgirl plastic ball deflector installed *
- node board fixes to avoid vibration damage *
- Catwoman board wire redressed to minimize interference with left orbit
- heavier duty cabinet corner brace plates (similar to old WMS ones) installed
The ones indicated with * are available from Stern as fix kits.
The other common problem was the position of the left pad on the left ramp entrance. Don’t know if that has been changed in production but it’s a trivial change.

Appreciate you taking the time to send me all of that.

I was considering buying one on the resale market, but maybe knowing all of this, I'd be better off looking at NIB.

Have the soft/dimpling pf issues been addressed?

And what is the atomic pile? Is that a mod, or some changes they made to the turntable?

Also, I'm curious to know if this is a longer or shorter playing game. And what other game(s) you would say that this game feels and plays like in respect to flow and code.

#12093 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Appreciate you taking the time to send me all of that.
I was considering buying one on the resale market, but maybe knowing all of this, I'd be better off looking at NIB.
Have the soft/dimpling pf issues been addressed?
And what is the atomic pile? Is that a mod, or some changes they made to the turntable?
Also, I'm curious to know if this is a longer or shorter playing game. And what other game(s) you would say that this game feels and plays like in respect to flow and code.

Unless you can find an HUO game at a significant discount, I would recommend NIB for a whole bunch of reasons.

The cool atomic pile is a mod produced by TheModCouple (yelobird). One of the must have mods.

I don’t think this game plays like any other, flow wise. The code is now simply hands down the best theme integrated code in the LCD era.

#12094 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The one thing I would like to see in attract mode is a way to skip past all the various mode high scores either with a setting or flipper code.

Is that not in the game itself?

#12095 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is that not in the game itself?

I actually haven’t looked through all the new settings so I don’t know. I’ve been meaning to compile a feature adjustments list. Maybe I’ll do that now that the code has settled down.

#12096 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I actually haven’t looked through all the new settings so I don’t know. I’ve been meaning to compile a feature adjustments list. Maybe I’ll do that now that the code has settled down.

Got to have that sequence in the game somewhere it’s so iconic. Absolutely love what’s there already though my favourite game period!

#12097 5 years ago

Updated to 2.02 last night and got this error message after the update. Never seen this before, any ideas where to start. Thanks

7E9DB78A-E0A8-4E11-9CCF-7D7B03C00103 (resized).jpeg7E9DB78A-E0A8-4E11-9CCF-7D7B03C00103 (resized).jpeg
#12098 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Updated to 2.02 last night and got this error message after the update. Never seen this before, any ideas where to start. Thanks
[quoted image]

First thing is to check the node board connection cables.

#12099 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

First thing is to check the node board connection cables.

Doesn’t appear to be any loose cables. Reseated them and no change.

#12100 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Doesn’t appear to be any loose cables. Reseated them and no change.

Most likely the board is bad and needs replaced. This tends to happen too frequently right after an update to the fragile Spike system. Does this board have the Stern service bulletins applied to it? https://sternpinball.com/support/service-bulletins/ Curious to know if these fixes are helping at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.99
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/242?hl=jahkub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.