Quoted from jfh:
There were certainly playfield issues with some games early in production. Haven’t heard anything on that in a long time, so maybe it’s been addressed. However it’s pretty clear that Stern playfields in recent years are noticeably softer than those 4-5 years ago. I decided when I got the game I was going to put on a playfield protector and not worry about it. Never used one before but love it.
The production issues that have been fixed in new Premiums:
- Batmobile now riveted to the mini turntable *
- left ramp fix kit and Batgirl plastic ball deflector installed *
- node board fixes to avoid vibration damage *
- Catwoman board wire redressed to minimize interference with left orbit
- heavier duty cabinet corner brace plates (similar to old WMS ones) installed
The ones indicated with * are available from Stern as fix kits.
The other common problem was the position of the left pad on the left ramp entrance. Don’t know if that has been changed in production but it’s a trivial change.
Appreciate you taking the time to send me all of that.
I was considering buying one on the resale market, but maybe knowing all of this, I'd be better off looking at NIB.
Have the soft/dimpling pf issues been addressed?
And what is the atomic pile? Is that a mod, or some changes they made to the turntable?
Also, I'm curious to know if this is a longer or shorter playing game. And what other game(s) you would say that this game feels and plays like in respect to flow and code.