IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 374.
#12001 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hmmm, be pretty hard for a distributor to make that claim without opening the box. Only a few premiums received the Signed card.

Stern announced this mid December on their facebook page:

"Holy Holidays Batman! In celebration of the holidays and 1.0 code, the last 50 production Batman games of 2018 will include a highly collectible autographed Batman Topps trading card signed by the late Adam West. Check for availability before they're all gone!"

#12002 5 years ago

Placed my order yesterday... haven't been this excited in quite a while.

#12003 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

My distro charging an extra $100 for a premium with a signed card so he either has a way of knowing what’s in the box or it is a loose card he hands you.

Or he owns a sharpie. lol JK!!!

#12004 5 years ago

Got this for my BM66

348BAA9E-3E0D-4B3D-9B52-AA36E0A27E04 (resized).jpeg348BAA9E-3E0D-4B3D-9B52-AA36E0A27E04 (resized).jpeg
#12005 5 years ago

You know,I'm glad you Pre owners will have the chance to get a signed card,BUT,that was one of the draws that went with buying a LE!!!!If in the future,ARE YOU LISTENING STERN,If you make available all these things that are supposed to be on certain pins only,,WHY BUY the LE!!!! :/

#12006 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

You know,I'm glad you Pre owners will have the chance to get a signed card,BUT,that was one of the draws that went with buying a LE!!!!If in the future,ARE YOU LISTENING STERN,If you make available all these things that are supposed to be on certain pins only,,WHY BUY the LE!!!! :/

Totally agree. I bought a Pre the day this pin was announced hoping to get one of the Few signed cards. They were pretty limited for the Pre. I didn't get one. It irks me that people buying one 2 years later are getting signed cards.

#12007 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Totally agree. I bought a Pre the day this pin was announced hoping to get one of the Few signed cards. They were pretty limited for the Pre. I didn't get one. It irks me that people buying one 2 years later are getting signed cards.

Gary found some cards cleaning out his desk..

#12008 5 years ago

I just bought my BM66 back in November, with an October build date. Of course I don't have the signed card, but I really would like to have one since it's a very nice memento from the late Adam West. Probably one of the few signed things in pinball that would really have special meaning for me.

I guess I bought too early

Rob

#12009 5 years ago

I bought mine on ebay
ebay.com link: sch

#12010 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

My distro charging an extra $100 for a premium with a signed card so he either has a way of knowing what’s in the box or it is a loose card he hands you.

what a scumbag!

#12011 5 years ago

I am playing this game more than anything in my collection by far. Sometimes I have the shortest crappiest games though. The ramp shots can be so hard to hit sometimes

#12012 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

what a scumbag!

No, he is a good guy. I didn’t ask for an explanation but assuming he was charged more by Stern. I’m sure Adam West charged Stern for his autograph.

#12013 5 years ago

Yup. The left ramp can nbe tough

#12014 5 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Yup. The left ramp can nbe tough

With a 7 degree pitch, I can still (barely) backhand it. The flippers are still at the factory angle.

Rob

#12015 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

With a 7 degree pitch, I can still (barely) backhand it. The flippers are still at the factory angle.
Rob

I’ve never been able to backhand that shot. I saw them hitting it on a Dead Flip stream from the Stern factory so it makes me think it’s supposed to be set up to make that shot. How would I adjust the flippers for that? They are set up as I received them out of the box.

#12016 5 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

I’ve never been able to backhand that shot. I saw them hitting it on a Dead Flip stream from the Stern factory so it makes me think it’s supposed to be set up to make that shot. How would I adjust the flippers for that? They are set up as I received them out of the box.

The flippers were angled higher on that machine than stock. I would not change them on your game. Changing the angle affects every shot on the game and not always in a good way. Higher angle means orbits and side targets would be harder to hit then.

Rob

#12017 5 years ago

Put this up on my machine last night.

D5E332C8-0922-449F-93C1-BD8755407168 (resized).jpegD5E332C8-0922-449F-93C1-BD8755407168 (resized).jpeg
#12018 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Put this up on my machine last night.
[quoted image]

Crikey! I need practise... a lot more practise! What's your secret, Trekkie1978?

#12019 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Agree in general. But it was known at least at Expo 2016, if not before, that a limited number of Premiums would have signed cards in addition to the SLE/LEs.

#12020 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Agree in general. But it was known at least at Expo 2016, if not before, that a limited number of Premiums would have signed cards in addition to the SLE/LEs.

When Adam West was in Chicago for Expo 2016 he also stopped by the Stern factory and signed 500 cards to be used on the LE/SLE games. Since there were 240 LE's and 80 SLE's that left 180 signed cards that could be used for the premium machines. This was an incentive to buy a premium right away and maybe get one of the signed cards from that first run.

I don't think anyone expected Stern to hold back some of the cards for later use. So I can see why an early premium buyer might be annoyed that they didn't get a signed card but someone that buys the game 2 years later got a signed card.

If you really want a signed Adam West card for your game you can always buy one on eBay and maybe if you are lucky it will actually be authentic. Burt Ward still goes to conventions every now and then and you could get one from him for around $100. Or if you are a fan of the original Catwoman, Julie Newmar, you could send a card to her to get signed. I think she still sells signed stuff for $35 on her website.

#12021 5 years ago

Can someone post a photo of the posts on their turntable, specifically on the TV side. Phone side would also be welcome. I'm trying to determine what the correct post covers are supposed to be (fat plastic or thinner rubber).

Rob

#12022 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Can someone post a photo of the posts on their turntable, specifically on the TV side. Phone side would also be welcome. I'm trying to determine what the correct post covers are supposed to be (fat plastic or thinner rubber).
Rob

If you go to the Top of the page and select "View Topic Image Gallery" you will find Dozens of pictures of what you are looking for.

#12023 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nice gadget! Did u just open this?

Nope, got it for almost year now. Pin seems to have been sold to Spain first.

Quoted from docquest:

The Topps cards they used only had 143 unique cards so not enough for each LE and SLE have their own unique card

Anybody know if/where one can buy those cards? The are reproductions right?

#12024 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

The only mention of post sleeves/rubbers on the turntable in the manual is below

A54882F8-3DD1-4604-AF6C-1F420FEF37F1 (resized).jpegA54882F8-3DD1-4604-AF6C-1F420FEF37F1 (resized).jpeg
#12025 5 years ago
Quoted from HansM:

Anybody know if/where one can buy those cards? The are reproductions right?

You can buy originals but they can be pricey depending on condition. The re-issue set from Topps made in 1989 is what Stern used.

https://www.amazon.com/REISSUE-IRELAND-COMPLETE-FACTORY-REPRINTED/dp/B07665YM3Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_1

#12026 5 years ago

So does everyone always start the minor villains with Bookworm, Freeze, Tuts, Shame, Egghead in that order?

#12027 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So does everyone always start the minor villains with Bookworm, Freeze, Tuts, Shame, Egghead in that order?

Bookworm then Freeze seems to be the logical order on ball 1 or 2. On ball 3 I would just pick Freeze, unless I was anticipating some extra balls. Doing super skill shots after ball locks gets you extra gadgets so always save those for the minor villain modes. Try to take minor villains into a multiball to finish them easier.

Building up the various multipliers is certainly the way to go on this game.

Rob

#12028 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Bookworm then Freeze seems to be the logical order on ball 1 or 2. On ball 3 I would just pick Freeze, unless I was anticipating some extra balls. Doing super skill shots after ball locks gets you extra gadgets so always save those for the minor villain modes. Try to take minor villains into a multiball to finish them easier.
Building up the various multipliers is certainly the way to go on this game.
Rob

And easiest way to increase multiplayers is hitting commish Gordon target and then hitting the orange x2 scoring when you first start a major villain mode right? I am still trying to learn, there is SO MUCH to this game!

#12029 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

And easiest way to increase multiplayers is hitting commish Gordon target and then hitting the orange x2 scoring when you first start a major villain mode right? I am still trying to learn, there is SO MUCH to this game!

There's a modern-ish rule sheet on tilt forums that will answer almost any questions you have on the multipliers. Commissioner Gordon multiplies individual shots, the atomic pile multiplies the playfield, and king tut multiplies the mode in your main channel. The bat pole sequence or continuing on the cliffhanger screen will increase that major villains scoring by 1X.

#12030 5 years ago

I should probably update it to 1.02 now...

#12031 5 years ago

Does anyone think the gadget should score the left orbit (bat signal x2 shots) if the shot is missed? Right now it seems to score the first villain shot instead, which I think is less important....

Rob

#12032 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Does anyone think the gadget should score the left orbit (bat signal x2 shots) if the shot is missed? Right now it seems to score the first villain shot instead, which I think is less important....
Rob

It will work for Riddler atm.

#12033 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

It will work for Riddler atm.

Ah yes, that's true because it's the same shot as Riddler first shot... For others not so much.

Rob

#12035 5 years ago

PAPA tutorial...

#12036 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

PAPA tutorial...

That game has too much playfield pitch angle.

Rob

#12037 5 years ago

Just found another great Dead Flip stream with the latest code...

#12038 5 years ago

I was a bit disappointed with Bowen's tutorial for the first time ever, he usually seems to have deeper knowledge of the game he's playing. He's still #1 at talking through his thought process though. Although not as concise, Jack's stream is much more informative as a tutorial at this point.

#12039 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I was a bit disappointed with Bowen's tutorial for the first time ever, he usually seems to have deeper knowledge of the game he's playing. He's still #1 at talking through his thought process though. Although not as concise, Jack's stream is much more informative as a tutorial at this point.

I think that shows the depth of BM66.

I’d guess Jacks played more BM66 than Bowen at this point, Jack brought the game he loves it that much and seems to blow the game up daily, plus he’s hanging with Lyman, who better to learn the rules from.

#12040 5 years ago

I saw Bowen’s tutorial as well. If he is confused, then just may rethink buying this pin.....

#12041 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I saw Bowen’s tutorial as well. If he is confused, then just may rethink buying this pin.....

Don’t commit the biggest mistake you will make in your pinball life and pass on BM66.

In all seriousness it’s not complicated at all, it’s just super deep with multiple paths and strategies, I’m probably a below average to average player and BM66 is my favourite pin in my collection.

#12042 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

P.s. go buy one now!

#12043 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Don’t commit the biggest mistake you will make in your pinball life and pass on BM66.
In all seriousness it’s not complicated at all, it’s just super deep with multiple paths and strategies, I’m probably a below average to average player and BM66 is my favourite pin in my collection.

Very much agree - it works as a quick knock-about and at a deeper level if you really want to maximize your scores (which I do, but consistently fail to!) One of the best pins in the past few years, IMHO. It's hilarious both to play and watch, and yet the humor is not 'forced' - it seems to happen naturally, if you can see what I mean. My mates love it.

#12044 5 years ago

In fairness the rule sheet is about 18 pages long at this point so I really don't fault anyone for not knowing every little mechanic in this game. Tilt forums even had to increase their max post length just for this game's rules to fit. I am however a little disappointed now that the info is out there and isn't being utilized fully.

#12045 5 years ago

Has anyone scored over 20 billion without the bookworm plus freeze stack? Just curious, since I see a lot of comments touting multiple paths. After that, I think you could go different directions but first 2 modes need to be same path, yes?

#12046 5 years ago

You can score easily without freeze/bookworm in the 20+Billions... just go the king tut way to have your main screen multiplier.

1.02 is not the end stop for B66 fortunately

#12047 5 years ago

folks,
anyone able to take a picture of a recent premium CPU board/backbox?

pinhead here in the UK has just got one but the backbox lights don't work - My model is from the first batch of LE's with the RF cage and subtended lights, he doesn't have the subtended lights (or the cage) so just trying to see if they forgot the lights or some other way to sort this, software/dipswitch or something?

IMG_2294 (resized).JPGIMG_2294 (resized).JPG

#12048 5 years ago

its ok found what I needed.

#12049 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

its ok found what I needed.

You found room for a Munsters next to your Batman?

#12050 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You found room for a Munsters next to your Batman?

Munsters Pro would look amazing next to BM66.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/241?hl=marvello and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.