IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 374.
#11951 5 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Biggest difference is probably the LE topper VS premium topperless.
The LE also has a powder coated ramp.
Premium is all stainless.

LE also has different backglass and batwing armor package with really nice black metal flake powder (same as SLE)

#11952 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

LE also has different backglass and batwing armor package with really nice black metal flake powder (same as SLE)

Speaking of powder coating, anyone know the best place to get the LE armour matched? I want to get my coin door, shooter housing and speaker panel matched up with black and silver flake.

#11953 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That probably needs some serious updating now sales have took off and most LEs opened, back when the code was shit I knew at least half a dozen guys keeping theirs in the box.
Noticed yelobird opened LE isn’t even on the list.

I only update the list when owners post in the thread. The self identifying LE interface to the Bat Computer is not enabled in the current code.

#11954 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The self identifying LE interface to the Bat Computer is not enabled in the current code.

Ah you need some “self identifying LE bat computer interface bar-spray”.

#11955 5 years ago

This Pin Rocks!!period!!!!:)To any of you that Hasn't installed Mod couples (Yelobird) Atomic Pile,Do it!!!!

#11956 5 years ago

I've been looking at this game with curiosity since it launched. Played a few games on an early code premium, and first impressions were that it felt a bit naked/cheap for the price, and gameplay/code was lackluster.

But since Lyman started working his magic, some of the recent YouTube videos are making this game look freaking awesome! Definitely now on my radar!

Can someone who has made it deep into the game tell me a bit about the wizard modes. How many are there? How difficult is it to finish the main wizard?

Also, would like to know how owners feel about the overall build quality of the game.

Thanks!

#11957 5 years ago

An absolutely amazing pin. Finally got my crane registering hits, and just love this game. Sold star wars premium to fund it, and its literally 50x better a game IMO.

#11958 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I've been looking at this game with curiosity since it launched. Played a few games on an early code premium, and first impressions were that it felt a bit naked/cheap for the price, and gameplay/code was lackluster.
But since Lyman started working his magic, some of the recent YouTube videos are making this game look freaking awesome! Definitely now on my radar!
Can someone who has made it deep into the game tell me a bit about the wizard modes. How many are there? How difficult is it to finish the main wizard?
Also, would like to know how owners feel about the overall build quality of the game.
Thanks!

This is simply one of the best games of the past 10 years and I think it will stand the test of time. Theme integration, polish, depth of code, flow. This is a winner.

#11959 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ah you need some “self identifying LE bat computer interface bar-spray”.

Very true. But unfortunately that’s the gadget in LE 86 that Yelobird still has in the box ...

#11960 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Very true. But unfortunately that’s the gadget in LE 86 that yelobird still has in the box ...

Lol ok that was Funny! I will be just as surprised as the future owner. For all I know its Bat-fart in a can model. lol

#11961 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Thanks!

There are four wizard modes. Complete all four Major Villains, shoot the left orbit and you'll get Villain Escape. Now, that can be hard or rather easy. There are numerous levels of each Major Villain, so if you choose to chase higher scoring you'll try to complete all levels of each Major Villain, however that will make getting to Villain Escape much more difficult. You can short cut one or more of the Major Villains and only complete one or two levels and still get to the same Villain Escape mode, just with fewer points. I tend to short cut the last Major Villain or two if I'm on my last ball and have bombed the Minor Villains beyond hope of going that direction. Villain Escape is sometimes my Plan B if I'm having a good, but not great game.

In my opinion, the most fun, big points, and interesting strategies are linked to the Minor Villains. Complete a Minor Villain from each of the three seasons, shoot the left orbit and you'll get to a menu where you can choose from three wizard modes: Batusi, Holy Multiball, or Gas Attack. My favorite of the bunch is Holy Multiball because it's sound oriented. It's very difficult to view the screen video while trying to keep all of the balls in play. Completing Minor Villains also opens up other avenues of game play, such as Mr. Freeze freezing timers, Mad Hatter allowing replay of failed Minor Villains, etc. That's all been explained in various posts in this thread and in these instructions: http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463

There are also major stacking opportunities. It's possible for instance, to stack a Major Villain, Minor Villain, Bat Turn, and Batcave Multiball together at once. Some people like to rack up the Bat Phone Hurry-Up scores. Lots of cool combos graphics to track if you can get your eye on the screen after making them.

I don't know about the build quality, it's just a typical Stern to me. The JJP fans seem to highly value build quality, so perhaps one of those guys who also owns a BM66 can answer that question. There were definitely some early QC problems. I was a pre-order owner, so I had a lot of loose screws and adjustments to make to get the game setup how I wanted it. It's now my favorite game and eats up 90% of my game play, despite being sandwiched between an MMR and IM.

#11962 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Thanks!

Batman now has the deepest ruleset of any game Stern has done. There are 4 modes that would qualify as wizard modes and a virtually unlimited number of paths to get to them. Each major villain has two episodes with multiple (optional) segments per episode and varying lengths of the “to the Batcave” sequence depending on your play. There are 14 minor villain modes and Bat Turn mode. Getting to see all the footage and game play is no small feat. I doubt I’ll ever see it all or feel disappointed that the game is too easy or that it’s too hard to “finish”.

I think the naked/cheap comments were more a function of early code than anything else. The playfeld is open with long shots, necessated by the turntable and the crane toys. The one criticism that is valid is the design of the left ramp. It can mostly be mitigated by the fix kit (which I assume Stern is installing on newly produced games), but it’s a shame the ramp wasn’t reengineered.

Build quality is on par with recent titles. Pretty much everyone here had minor issues out of the box. Stern has addressed some common ones later in production (Batmobile flying off the mini turntable, cabinet stability, potential for vibration damage on a couple of node boards) and others are well documented in this thread. My recommendation is to put cliffys and a full playfield protector on before you play a game, though that’s more of a personal choice.

Freaking awesome? That pretty much sums it up. Batman 66 has the best theme integration ever seen in a pinball game - (almost) full video rights for the entire series, music that is either original or fits the theme perfectly and custom call outs by the two main stars. If you are lucky enough to find an LE you also get a great cabinet art package and the best topper Stern has ever done. There are great mods the community has done to dress up areas that Stern whiffed on. Most of those by Yelobird and docquest are considered “must haves”.

This game shouldn’t be on your radar - it should be in your house.

#11963 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Speaking of powder coating, anyone know the best place to get the LE armour matched? I want to get my coin door, shooter housing and speaker panel matched up with black and silver flake.

I had the rails, backbox hinges, legs, lock down bar, and apron for my Batman 66 Prem and Star Wars Prem powder coated by MI Pinball Refinery. Everything looks awesome. If you watch the Batman 66 Prem Converting to an SLE video I created on my YouTube channel, you can see the quality of the job. Makes a huge difference from the stock black armor to the black speckled bat wing armor. Pinball Refinery also modded out the apron so when the bat phone lights, a light under the apron blinks at the same time.

#11964 5 years ago

B66 is one of the only games I’ve played that I’m not chasing multiball all the time. If at all. I find myself playing numerous times and never even starting multiball. All the other modes and strategies are just too good. Modern games are too reliant on multiball. It’s a lazy solution to making a game “fun”.

#11965 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Batman now has the deepest ruleset of any game Stern has done. There are 4 modes that would qualify as wizard modes and a virtually unlimited number of paths to get to them. Each major villain has two episodes with multiple (optional) segments per episode and varying lengths of the “to the Batcave” sequence depending on your play. There are 14 minor villain modes and Bat Turn mode. Getting to see all the footage and game play is no small feat. I doubt I’ll ever see it all or feel disappointed that the game is too easy or that it’s too hard to “finish”.
I think the naked/cheap comments were more a function of early code than anything else. The playfeld is open with long shots, necessated by the turntable and the crane toys. The one criticism that is valid is the design of the left ramp. It can mostly be mitigated by the fix kit (which I assume Stern is installing on newly produced games), but it’s a shame the ramp wasn’t reengineered.
Build quality is on par with recent titles. Pretty much everyone here had minor issues out of the box. Stern has addressed some common ones later in production (Batmobile flying off the mini turntable, cabinet stability, potential for vibration damage on a couple of node boards) and others are well documented in this thread. My recommendation is to put cliffys and a full playfield protector on before you play a game, though that’s more of a personal choice.
Freaking awesome? That pretty much sums it up. Batman 66 has the best theme integration ever seen in a pinball game - (almost) full video rights for the entire series, music that is either original or fits the theme perfectly and custom call outs by the two main stars. If you are lucky enough to find an LE you also get a great cabinet art package and the best topper Stern has ever done. There are great mods the community has done to dress up areas that Stern whiffed on. Most of those by yelobird and docquest are considered “must haves”.
This game shouldn’t be on your radar - it should be in your house.

Sums it up nicely!!!

#11966 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm not sure that this is necessarily true when considering rulesets alone as both WPT and TSPP have very deep Keith Johnson created code packages. I can see this being more of the case when you include the related displays as BM66's video footage selection far surpasses the collective DMD animations on the older two games.

#11967 5 years ago

87B on software 1.02! (no shame all day)

3 balls, 2 extra's, hard outlane settings, hard multiball settings.

49900348_1082031915304689_5004822212029448192_n (resized).jpg49900348_1082031915304689_5004822212029448192_n (resized).jpg
#11968 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

3 balls, 2 extra's, hard outlane settings, hard multiball settings.[quoted image]

Are you human?

#11969 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Are you human?

He didn't say the glass was on! lol JK

#11970 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

He didn't say the glass was on! lol JK

I can't get that with the glass off

#11971 5 years ago

87B on software 1.02![quoted image]

Can the machine go past Bazillion to trillion ?

#11972 5 years ago

3 balls, 2 extra's, hard outlane settings, hard multiball settings.[quoted image]

Holy highscore....tells us your batstrategy?

#11973 5 years ago

Bookworm followed by Mr Freeze I would assume.

Rob

#11974 5 years ago

Strategy was a little more than only Bookworm/Freeze:

- king tut complete (keep progress in minors for rest of the game)
- bookworm complete (started combined with a multiball for a sure completion, have your gadget and third lock ready when shooting the tv saucer for a free third lock)
- mr freeze complete (frozen timers), go in with some gadgets if you can
-->followed by a minor wizard mode (batusi) that is constantly run on 3x atomic pile multiplier with most of shot multipliers lit

- Then king tut again complete (season 2): main tv screen score is now 2x, with atomic pile multiplier on 3x and most of shot multipliers (we're having all shots then lit from 12x tot 36x).
- Then I tried to complete king tut (season 1) but failed.
I actually wanted to complete king tut season 1. So I would have had 3x on my main screen multiplier instead of 2x. Resulting in shots that would have been (3x+3x+shot multipliers) in the range of 18x to 54x.
- I completed shame 3 (multiball extended, more balls).
- At that time I had my 4 major villains complete and villain escape wizard mode lit

Here's the important part:
-I did not start villain escape immediately but qualified my tv lit to start my villain escape together with a minor villain.
-I choose mad hatter season 1. Now I'm running safe and can complete mad hatter in my villain escape wizard mode. Keep in mind that the first part is single ball mode. If I drain my ball, I have multiball kicked in for villain escape and can easily complete mad hatter...
But with mr freeze, I have a frozen timer so a good chance in completing that minor (mad hatter) that i'm playing without even needing the multiball. The only real important thing I need to avoid is drain my ball in this fase.

- I succeed in completing mad hatter during villain escape single ball mode and I can start my minor wizard mode (holy multiball).
This setup is not a bug, this is by design to work combined

I play holy wizard mode and build quite a huge jackpot value for villain escape, with main screen 2x, atomic pile 3x, and all shot multipliers assigned...
When holy is finished I'm back to single ball... if I eventually drain that ball, villain escape multiball starts with huge jackpot amounts

I scored 62Billion in villain escape. There were some superjackpots in there of 8B! Nice strategy and setup

Too bad I didn't have more king tuts completed. Can you image playing this at max king tut level of 5x (resulting in shots in the 30x to 90x)

I also had bat turn running (2B), played a shame mode 3 (again) afterwards (1.3B), etc...

fyi: 3 ball settings + 2 earned extra's, steep game, outlanes wide open (small post rubbers), tight tilt, harder multiball settings (think medium)

#11975 5 years ago

Amazing! but I’m glad you don’t live around the corner from me i wouldn’t have a chance of putting up a high score on my Batman for the rest of my life!

#11976 5 years ago

There will be some future updates that would reset it, no worries

#11977 5 years ago

its great to see so much love for this game!

#11978 5 years ago

anyone made any progress in adding the name call outs in Prem/LE code ?

#11979 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:Strategy was a little more than only Bookworm/Freeze:
- king tut complete (keep progress in minors for rest of the game)
- bookworm complete (started combined with a multiball for a sure completion, have your gadget and third lock ready when shooting the tv saucer for a free third lock)
- mr freeze complete (frozen timers), go in with some gadgets if you can
-->followed by a minor wizard mode (batusi) that is constantly run on 3x atomic pile multiplier with most of shot multipliers lit
- Then king tut again complete (season 2): main tv screen score is now 2x, with atomic pile multiplier on 3x and most of shot multipliers (we're having all shots then lit from 12x tot 36x).
- Then I tried to complete king tut (season 1) but failed.
I actually wanted to complete king tut season 1. So I would have had 3x on my main screen multiplier instead of 2x. Resulting in shots that would have been (3x+3x+shot multipliers) in the range of 18x to 54x.
- I completed shame 3 (multiball extended, more balls).
- At that time I had my 4 major villains complete and villain escape wizard mode lit
Here's the important part:
-I did not start villain escape immediately but qualified my tv lit to start my villain escape together with a minor villain.
-I choose mad hatter season 1. Now I'm running safe and can complete mad hatter in my villain escape wizard mode. Keep in mind that the first part is single ball mode. If I drain my ball, I have multiball kicked in for villain escape and can easily complete mad hatter...
But with mr freeze, I have a frozen timer so a good chance in completing that minor (mad hatter) that i'm playing without even needing the multiball. The only real important thing I need to avoid is drain my ball in this fase.
- I succeed in completing mad hatter during villain escape single ball mode and I can start my minor wizard mode (holy multiball).
This setup is not a bug, this is by design to work combined
I play holy wizard mode and build quite a huge jackpot value for villain escape, with main screen 2x, atomic pile 3x, and all shot multipliers assigned...
When holy is finished I'm back to single ball... if I eventually drain that ball, villain escape multiball starts with huge jackpot amounts
I scored 62Billion in villain escape. There were some superjackpots in there of 8B! Nice strategy and setup
Too bad I didn't have more king tuts completed. Can you image playing this at max king tut level of 5x (resulting in shots in the 30x to 90x)
I also had bat turn running (2B), played a shame mode 3 (again) afterwards (1.3B), etc...
fyi: 3 ball settings + 2 earned extra's, steep game, outlanes wide open (small post rubbers), tight tilt, harder multiball settings (think medium)

Are you jailing Major Villains at first stage to get to Villain Escape quickly (and get extra ball on the way)?

#11980 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Are you jailing Major Villains at first stage to get to Villain Escape quickly (and get extra ball on the way)?

No I play them mostly complete and play the last phase with a multiball (you keep having shots forever in the last phase).

#11981 5 years ago

No I play them mostly complete and play the last phase with a multiball (you keep having shots forever in the last phase).

Wow, you’re in another league. Thanks for the strategy write up though. Something to aim for
(And never get lol)

#11982 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wow, you’re in another league. Thanks for the strategy write up though. Something to aim for
(And never get lol)

There is a chance haha

DavidPinballWizz How long did this Bazillion point game take exactly?

#11983 5 years ago

I think about 30-40 minutes?

#11984 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Does Villain Escape score the same if Major Villains are collected right away as compared to going through all their scenes?

Rob

#11985 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

(And never get lol)

I’d love to see a stream of David blowing this game up!

DavidPinballWizz any chance of that?

#11986 5 years ago

You know, I feel like I'm a pretty decent pinball player, have had several 3-4 Billion scores on my BM66. Not doubting your skills at all, I just don't see how anyone can get a score that high without getting bit by a SDTM or two from the pop bumpers or the turntable...

#11987 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

You know, I feel like I'm a pretty decent pinball player, have had several 3-4 Billion scores on my BM66. Not doubting your skills at all, I just don't see how anyone can get a score that high without getting bit by a SDTM or two from the pop bumpers or the turntable...

I've had a few games above 10 BIL and can say for sure that on most of them, the majority of the score comes from a single ball. He also played the right minors and completed them in the most logical order to do the most damage points wise.

#11988 5 years ago

Another LE for the list:

Gadget #15 Bat Phone
Card is "Robin to the rescue"

IMG_20190102_172640 (resized).jpgIMG_20190102_172640 (resized).jpgIMG_20190102_172604 (resized).jpgIMG_20190102_172604 (resized).jpg

#11989 5 years ago
Quoted from HansM:

Another LE for the list:
Gadget #15 Bat Phone
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice gadget! Did u just open this?

#11990 5 years ago
Quoted from HansM:

Another LE for the list:
Gadget #15 Bat Phone

That is a really nice gadget!

I don't think we got any Gadget LEs here in the UK but luckily we got some of the crazier titled episodes to make up for it.

#11991 5 years ago

What was the original cost of an LE ?

#11992 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

What was the original cost of an LE ?

£9000-£10,000 GBP here in the U.K.

#11993 5 years ago
Quoted from HansM:

Another LE for the list:
Gadget #15 Bat Phone

What an awesome gadget!

I’ll get the list updated.

#11995 5 years ago

10k was MSRP... it wasn’t until recently that Stern started enforcing minimum pricing (still below MSRP). I can’t confirm specific discounts for BM66, but I have at least 1 friend telling me there was a dealer discount... remember, this was a couple years ago before the stern lockdown on dealer pricing.

#11996 5 years ago

Here’s mine. HansM Looks like they duplicated the Robin to the Rescue card. At least 1 gadget machine in the uk

96CBB10A-2FB7-431D-9D52-B9ADCC7D464C (resized).jpeg96CBB10A-2FB7-431D-9D52-B9ADCC7D464C (resized).jpegB642259F-6FD0-4277-8FE7-E2E3A2558165 (resized).jpegB642259F-6FD0-4277-8FE7-E2E3A2558165 (resized).jpeg
#11997 5 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Looks like they duplicated the Robin to the Rescue card.

The Topps cards they used only had 143 unique cards so not enough for each LE and SLE have their own unique card.

Stern said the last 50 Batman66 premiums made in 2018 got a card signed by Adam West.

#11998 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Stern said the last 50 Batman66 premiums made in 2018 got a card signed by Adam West.

I was told the Premium I just ordered will have this.

#11999 5 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

I was told the Premium I just ordered will have this.

Hmmm, be pretty hard for a distributor to make that claim without opening the box. Only a few premiums received the Signed card.

#12000 5 years ago

My distro charging an extra $100 for a premium with a signed card so he either has a way of knowing what’s in the box or it is a loose card he hands you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/240?hl=jahkub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.