IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 374.
#11901 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Remove the SD card and install it again, same happened to me on another game as it was a corrupt card.

That worked!!!! Game is up and running again. I would of never figured that out.

So thankful for your help!!

#11902 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

That worked!!!! Game is up and running again. I would of never figured that out.
So thankful for your help!!

Once again a reason this is the best club thread on pinside with the best owners of the best pin

#11903 5 years ago

Has anyone powder coated their right ramp? Looking for pics to help decide if I want to have it done and recommendations on who to use.

#11904 5 years ago

Although I haven't used his services yet Robertstone0407 is very popular with quick turn around. Jump to post 943 for some BM66 wire wireforms he did.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered

#11905 5 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

Has anyone powder coated their right ramp? Looking for pics to help decide if I want to have it done and recommendations on who to use.

Yeah, I did left ramp in red with gold sparkle to match Robins outfit and the right ramp blue with silver sparkle to match Batman and his cowl.

Sutol did the opposite using the same colours and sparkle/flake.

5DD82CD7-4467-4A4D-AF35-437B94444999 (resized).jpeg5DD82CD7-4467-4A4D-AF35-437B94444999 (resized).jpeg5F0BD021-C8DD-466A-A7A6-7BFE405A4A66 (resized).jpeg5F0BD021-C8DD-466A-A7A6-7BFE405A4A66 (resized).jpeg
#11906 5 years ago

Looks good, I like the Blue.

#11907 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I think I might have found a bug. If you jail all the villains and have the TV lit, hit the shot in the scoop, pick Shame in season 2, there are no shots lit or flashing to make. If one ball drains and you hit the scoop again it lets you choose Shame again in season 2...??? Something isn't jiving there.

Correct, confirmed and will be addressed in a next update.

#11908 5 years ago

I'm glad Shame was nerfed, but watching the last Dead Flip BM66 video with 1.02 code, I really think the Bookworm/Mr Freeze combination is way overkill. I really hope some of these other minor villain powers are re-evaluated like Shame was.

I also hope some of these end scenes get their missing dialogue too.

Rob

#11909 5 years ago

Does your BM66 have mylar on the inlanes where the ball drops? Mine doesn't, but most other games seem to. I wonder if it was forgotten?

Rob

#11910 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm glad Shame was nerfed, but watching the last Dead Flip BM66 video with 1.02 code, I really think the Bookworm/Mr Freeze combination is way overkill. I really hope some of these other minor villain powers are re-evaluated like Shame was.
I also hope some of these end scenes get their missing dialogue too.
Rob

If Lyman isn’t already aware drop an email to the email address he mentions on the DF stream he did with his note pad.

#11911 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If Lyman isn’t already aware drop an email to the email address he mentions on the DF stream he did with his note pad.

Well, I'm interested in seeing what others think about Bookworm/Freeze too.

Rob

#11912 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah, I did left ramp in red with gold sparkle to match Robins outfit and the right ramp blue with silver sparkle to match Batman and his cowl

Those aren’t ramps - they’re habitrails (or wireforms)

(Just to make sure the newbys get the right terminology)

You can also do the actual ramps but you will eventually get a ball trail running up the middle of them.

rd

#11913 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Those aren’t ramps - they’re habitrails (or wireforms)
(Just to make sure the newbys get the right terminology)
You can also do the actual ramps but you will eventually get a ball trail running up the middle of them.
rd

Yeah I know RD my bad I was just being lazy when I replied earlier.

However it’s newbies not newbys, just making sure our terminology is correct

I’ve seen a few games with the ramps powedered and it always looks too much imo, I love the look of steel then the wireform throwing some colour into the mix looks specially good on BM66.

#11914 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’ve seen a few games with the ramps powedered and it always looks too much imo, I love the look of steel then the wireform throwing some colour into the mix looks specially good on BM66.

Yep, it’s very game specific. I think I’ve only ever done it once. Can’t even remember what game it was. Haha.

rd

#11915 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah, I did left ramp in red with gold sparkle to match Robins outfit and the right ramp blue with silver sparkle to match Batman and his cowl.
sutol did the opposite using the same colours and sparkle/flake.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks like the left wireform MK6PIN made. Where’d you get one?!

#11916 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

A good friend of mine sorted that out, it’s how the ramp should of been from factory.

#11917 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

A good friend of mine sorted that out, it’s how the ramp should of been from factory.

That's great! Here comes the obvious question...does he want to do that for other people?

#11918 5 years ago

Another question... what does that wire form do better than the factory one does?

#11919 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Well, I'm interested in seeing what others think about Bookworm/Freeze too.
Rob

I actually thought it made the scoring way off balance too.....until I tried to get it. Jack made it look easy. I have yet to finish the combination. But I do see what you’re saying. Maybe he’ll make changes to it.

#11920 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Another question... what does that wire form do better than the factory one does?

It removes the need for the plastic wireform flap/cover. On early games any fast shot up the left ramp would 90% of the time fly off the left wireform.

Stern issued the plastic cover for the wireform bend, this ramp just completes the look better imo as the plastic flap always felt an after thought (because it was) and cheap.

#11921 5 years ago

Been lurking for a while (This is my first Pinside post). Took delivery of a new BM66 premium in October (my first pinball machine!). Figured I'd post some thoughts/impressions.

Quick note after spending last night doing some needed maintenance (~500 games in):

* Wiped down playfield, used Novus 1 in areas where ball wear/marks were obvious (in/out lanes mostly).
* Waxed/manually buffed the playfield with the smallest amount of Blitz One Grand to get adequate coverage (Thanks to the maintenance threads here for the recommendation!).
* Inspected/cleaned balls (none needed obvious replacement).
* Adjusted left Batphone target (only the target directly under the bat phone had been registering).
* Updated to latest code.

Impressions after doing this: Holy crap. This game now plays *fast* compared to stock out of box. I've been watching the Deadflip streams and have wondered why my machine seemed to play so much slower than Jack's, and I imagine it's because his playfield has been waxed. It's a bit *too* fast now (had an auto plunge on a ball save sail into the back board once), but I imagine after some play that this will calm down a bit. It took about 10 games before the left riddler orbit shot would stay in the bat signal scoop without bouncing back out from the velocity. Ball spin is a bit of an issue now as well, with the ball sometimes reacting in a similar manner to a bowling ball on a waxed lane (reacting strongly to the spin).

Some general impressions of the game:

* The depth of rules keep this game consistently interesting. I find that i'm making minor villain choice strategically based on where I am in the game (If I'm on ball 3 or late on ball 2, I'll usually go with Shame for points/shot multipliers rather than the standard Bookworm->Freeze->Profit! progression. *Love* how deep the rules are, and can see how there are "modern classic" discussions happening around this game.
* Haven't quite broken a billion pts yet, but have had a couple games in the ~800 million range (on v.99 code).
* With the increased speed after playfield waxing, I'm terrible at this game. Have barely broken ~100 million a couple of times. It really is a completely different game now.
* Dimples. Everywhere. Becoming less noticeable as more show up, though. It was a bit shocking at first, but as more show up, it's obvious that outside of putting down a full plastic protector before playing a single ball (which I don't think is practical for most), I don't see how these could be avoided at all (some pics below).
* Art Blade installation: *much* easier with 2 people. If you're waiting to install these, my advice would be to solicit help and go slow.
* I've got a ton of mods waiting to be installed, but don't want to make massive playfield changes all at once. Will be adding these over the next few weeks, one at a time.

Overall, in *love* with this game, and it's inspired at least one other pinball purchase (Waiting for confirmation of delivery of a MBr some time in Jan.). Will continue posting impressions/thoughts as I start to mod the game in the next few weeks. Happy to be part of the club!

IMG_0334 (resized).jpgIMG_0334 (resized).jpgIMG_0338 (resized).jpgIMG_0338 (resized).jpgIMG_0341 (resized).jpgIMG_0341 (resized).jpg
#11922 5 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

* Dimples. Everywhere. Becoming less noticeable as more show up, though. It was a bit shocking at first, but as more show up, it's obvious that outside of putting down a full plastic protector before playing a single ball (which I don't think is practical for most), I don't see how these could be avoided at all (some pics below).

Mine has a lot of dimples too. If the mini playfield isn't leveled correctly, it's airball city off the phone and tv targets.

Quoted from Rozeks:

* The depth of rules keep this game consistently interesting. I find that i'm making minor villain choice strategically based on where I am in the game (If I'm on ball 3 or late on ball 2, I'll usually go with Shame for points/shot multipliers rather than the standard Bookworm->Freeze->Profit! progression. *Love* how deep the rules are, and can see how there are "modern classic" discussions happening around this game.

And EggHead gets little to no love it seems

Quoted from Rozeks:

* With the increased speed after playfield waxing, I'm terrible at this game. Have barely broken ~100 million a couple of times. It really is a completely different game now.

I find the flippers are a little strong on this game an it's too bad there is no power adjustment. I set the pitch of my game to 7 degrees to compensate, but it might be a bit too much for newer players. I'd go back to 6.8 if I could tone down those flippers.

Rob

#11923 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Close.... .......I'm sure it works better than original....mine absolutely blazes, but can't get anymore made...(ramp not powdered, btw)
bm8 (resized).jpgbm8 (resized).jpg

bm7 (resized).jpgbm7 (resized).jpg
#11924 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Close.... .......I'm sure it works better than original....mine absolutely blazes, but can't get anymore made...(ramp not powdered, btw)
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

bm20 (resized).jpgbm20 (resized).jpg
#11925 5 years ago
download_20190101_005409 (resized).jpegdownload_20190101_005409 (resized).jpeg
#11926 5 years ago

The only issue I’m getting is the left orbit isn’t always registering and I’m getting a number of rejects from the special. It’s already pitched pretty well, should I go to a steeper angle? Has anyone modified the special with a pad or similar to decrease rejects?

#11927 5 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

Been lurking for a while (This is my first Pinside post). Took delivery of a new BM66 premium in October (my first pinball machine!). Figured I'd post some thoughts/impressions.
Quick note after spending last night doing some needed maintenance (~500 games in):
* Wiped down playfield, used Novus 1 in areas where ball wear/marks were obvious (in/out lanes mostly).
* Waxed/manually buffed the playfield with the smallest amount of Blitz One Grand to get adequate coverage (Thanks to the maintenance threads here for the recommendation!).
* Inspected/cleaned balls (none needed obvious replacement).
* Adjusted left Batphone target (only the target directly under the bat phone had been registering).
* Updated to latest code.
Impressions after doing this: Holy crap. This game now plays *fast* compared to stock out of box. I've been watching the Deadflip streams and have wondered why my machine seemed to play so much slower than Jack's, and I imagine it's because his playfield has been waxed. It's a bit *too* fast now (had an auto plunge on a ball save sail into the back board once), but I imagine after some play that this will calm down a bit. It took about 10 games before the left riddler orbit shot would stay in the bat signal scoop without bouncing back out from the velocity. Ball spin is a bit of an issue now as well, with the ball sometimes reacting in a similar manner to a bowling ball on a waxed lane (reacting strongly to the spin).
Some general impressions of the game:
* Haven't quite broken a billion pts yet, but have had a couple games in the ~800 million range (on v.99 code).
* Art Blade installation: *much* easier with 2 people. If you're waiting to install these, my advice would be to solicit help and go slow.
* I've got a ton of mods waiting to be installed, but don't want to make massive playfield changes all at once. Will be adding these over the next few weeks, one at a time.
Overall, in *love* with this game, and it's inspired at least one other pinball purchase (Waiting for confirmation of delivery of a MBr some time in Jan.). Will continue posting impressions/thoughts as I start to mod the game in the next few weeks. Happy to be part of the club![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Rozeks, I created two videos about the things you talked about in your post. One is the applying of side (game) blades in the pinball cabinet. I use the wet method and do it by myself. Also i converted my Batman Prem to an SLE (close as possible). I installed a bunch of mods also on my game. Maybe you can use the vid for reference. Let me know how your game turns out. Batman is a great game even though some of the shots are a bit clunky. Great rule set as Lyman continues to update the game. Happy New Year.

Game Blades Install

Batman 66 Conversion :

#11928 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I have zero problems with the extended plastic cover keeping balls on the ramp and it doesn't slow down the ball. Although it's a bit silly that both short and long plastics are on the ramp when the short one isn't needed, but the cat sign is riveted to it. Maybe one day I will remount the sign on the long piece and ditch the short piece altogether.

Rob

#11929 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have zero problems with the extended plastic cover keeping balls on the ramp and it doesn't slow down the ball. Although it's a bit silly that both short and long plastics are on the ramp when the short one isn't needed, but the cat sign is riveted to it. Maybe one day I will remount the sign on the long piece and ditch the short piece altogether.
Rob

Old topic, and apologies for rehash....Good to see J85M got a nice solution done, and mine turned out as I hoped.

Didn't powder the right ramp, preserving the LE look to a degree...Game is gorgeous, and now plays beyond the hype..Onward, Batfans!!!

#11930 5 years ago

I just ordered mine today and reviewing all the cool mods!

#11931 5 years ago

Besides cabinet artwork what is the difference between the Premium and the LE version? I couldnt find a differences matrix and im looking at purchasing a machine

#11932 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Besides cabinet artwork what is the difference between the Premium and the LE version? I couldnt find a differences matrix and im looking at purchasing a machine

Zero difference in terms of play on the playfield. The LE and SLE differ in art, rarity, and topper which can interact with the game.

#11933 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Biggest difference is probably the LE topper VS premium topperless.

The LE also has a powder coated ramp.
Premium is all stainless.

#11934 5 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

LE's also came with a shaker and art blades. Both of which can be easily added to a premium. I think the shaker is a nice add on for this game.

#11935 5 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

As well as powdered armor, which is very hard to replicate correctly

#11936 5 years ago

I’m still quite surprised that the LE’s almost never come up for sale. The members of this club are among the most loyal for sure!!

#11937 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I’m still quite surprised that the LE’s almost never come up for sale. The members of this club are among the most loyal for sure!!

And some are just bat Crazy fanatics like me. I still have a back up LE still in the box Just In Case! lol What a crazy addiction.

IMG_1012 (resized).jpgIMG_1012 (resized).jpg
#11938 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Not many out there, and doubt they will ever be an easy find... some bought "spares" that I'm sure will flip in time...Most of us simply love the game....

#11939 5 years ago

By any chance can anyone point me in the direction of installation instructions for the Bat Signal Projector/Villain Topper for the Premium BM66? There is some additional wiring needed after transferring the signal to the topper from it's unused base, and I'm not quite sure where things plug in (The villian topper instructions only explains how to connect the topper wiring only, not the topper/signal combo. The signal instructions don't explain any wiring at all. Can post pics if that would help point me in the right direction. Thanks so much!

#11940 5 years ago

LE’s are signed by Adam west.

#11941 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Not really a big surprise. Only 240 total (about 120in the US). That’s a pretty small number of LEs. The LEs sold out early, most to Batman fans that loved the theme. As the code and theme integration got better most LE owners decided the game was going to be virtually bolted to their game room floor forever.

#11942 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not really a big surprise. Only 240 total (about 120in the US). That’s a pretty small number of LEs. The LEs sold out early, most to Batman fans that loved the theme. As the code and theme integration got better most LE owners decided the game was going to be virtually bolted to their game room floor forever.

Perhaps surprised is the wrong word... but there are definitely machines out there with fewer numbers that you see occasionally for sale. I do think it’s a great pin as well (even though I’m not in the club). I was hoping to see one or two come up after code reached 1.0, but haven’t yet. Maybe someday Dave will decide to cash in on his NIB... wishful thinking? A man can dream, can’t he?

#11944 5 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

By any chance can anyone point me in the direction of installation instructions for the Bat Signal Projector/Villain Topper for the Premium BM66? There is some additional wiring needed after transferring the signal to the topper from it's unused base, and I'm not quite sure where things plug in (The villian topper instructions only explains how to connect the topper wiring only, not the topper/signal combo. The signal instructions don't explain any wiring at all. Can post pics if that would help point me in the right direction. Thanks so much!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/62#post-3842366

#11945 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And some are just bat Crazy fanatics like me. I still have a back up LE still in the box Just In Case! lol What a crazy addiction.
[quoted image]

You need to X-Ray that bad boy so we can what what gadget or episode version it is.

box.gifbox.gif
#11946 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You need to X-Ray that bad boy so we can what what gadget or episode version it is.[quoted image]

Agreed...do it.

We need to update the very old list:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-le-episode-and-gadget-list

#11947 5 years ago

That probably needs some serious updating now sales have took off and most LEs opened, back when the code was shit I knew at least half a dozen guys keeping theirs in the box.

Noticed Yelobird opened LE isn’t even on the list.

#11948 5 years ago

Looking at that list there will never be another pin with such amazing LE names!

Always get a laugh out of my LE when I see the episode written down, “The Funny Feline Felonies” a title that would only work in BM66.

#11949 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That probably needs some serious updating now sales have took off and most LEs opened, back when the code was shit I knew at least half a dozen guys keeping theirs in the box.
Noticed yelobird opened LE isn’t even on the list.

Would be interesting to see how many people have kept there LE's.

#11950 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Would be interesting to see how many people have kept there LE's.

Yeah it would, mine is probably the 2nd to last game I’d sell if I had to sell off my collection, otherwise can’t ever see it leaving.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.99
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

10,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/239?hl=aukraut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.