IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 374.
#11851 5 years ago

So guys the 2 wires that are soldered underneath the plastic "lid" of the crane (where a person would operate it if a little man were inside it), are those little circuit boards that the 2 wires get soldered to? If so, if the soldering iron tip touches the little board could that kill it??

#11852 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

update, took off the crane cover and a wire had gotten lose. Have to run to Walmart and get a soldering iron but assuming I can just put it right back on and hopefully we are as good as new

haven't taken that apart yet, but if it's just disconnected from a board and you can positively identify where it was, yep. just make sure game is powered off, and there isn't some sort of mechanical issue that yanked it off in the first place.....

#11853 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So guys the 2 wires that are soldered underneath the plastic "lid" of the crane (where a person would operate it if a little man were inside it), are those little circuit boards that the 2 wires get soldered to? If so, if the soldering iron tip touches the little board could that kill it??

is that where the one wire you noted prior came loose? was it soldered to start with? careful w the heat, as always....hope it works out for you....

#11854 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

what is the best way to add hallmark figures to the playfield or ramps?

lots of good ideas have been made available for this (in the thread)....you may want to pm Yelobird and docquest , as they've been leading these sort of mods for this game......

#11855 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Those are the new standard led mini boards Stern uses on all machines now. Yes they are soldered. I suspect unless you had it plugged in or On I doubt you would do damage? They are available from Pinball Life on the cheap if you do need to replace it though. Fairly simple to replace if you can hold an iron.

#11856 5 years ago

Pinball Browser - locating the cmd string to replace the call out to add the SLE custom name to the LE 1.02 code has anyone been able to locate it so that I can change it?

Thanks.

#11857 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

If you need to know the audio string line name of you're name let me know as I have saved them rather you going thru the whole .spk file and trying to locate it.

The 2 or 3 Jon’s/John’s are the ones I’ll be using if it’s possible to add them.

#11858 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The 2 or 3 Jon’s/John’s are the ones I’ll be using if it’s possible to add them.

Sweet, here you are mate.

John Sound-0x09F9
John Sound-0x09FA
John Sound-0x09FB

Enter any of the eg "0x09FB" and so forth to download then from the code if that works for you.

#11859 5 years ago

Stern posted this Franchi art yesterday. Man I would love to have that as a translite for Xmas time every year!

0FD19CCD-2AA9-4DA1-BB74-1CB6E320FB08 (resized).jpeg0FD19CCD-2AA9-4DA1-BB74-1CB6E320FB08 (resized).jpeg
#11860 5 years ago

Bummer no Sean/Shawn ordered an SLE

#11861 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Blame your parents! lol JK.

#11862 5 years ago

Quoted from Yelobird:

Blame your parents! lol JK.

If I had to guess, it might be more appropriate to blame the wives of all the Sean/Shawns in the world!!

#11863 5 years ago

My name is in the mix.If this call out can be added to LE code, then it would be icing on the cake for a superb game.

#11864 5 years ago

If your not too attached to your name, change it!

The wife and kids can get used to calling you Dave

#11865 5 years ago

There's no way to tell what the main channel multiplier is?

Rob

#11866 5 years ago

I need help with my game. I moved from Baltimore to Florida and finally got my game in place. I tried to fire it up and all that happens is yellowbird's speaker lights I added come on. Nothing else, no playfield light no DMD, nothing. I am at a loss.....

Hopefully someone can help.

#11867 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I need help with my game. I moved from Baltimore to Florida and finally got my game in place. I tried to fire it up and all that happens is yellowbird's speaker lights I added come on. Nothing else, no playfield light no DMD, nothing. I am at a loss.....
Hopefully someone can help.

First thing I would do is reseat all the power connectors.

#11868 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There's no way to tell what the main channel multiplier is?
Rob

Says on the main screen. Top left hand side.

(Unless it’s changed in the new code, which I haven’t played)

rd

#11869 5 years ago

Have a Merry Bat Holiday to everyone!!!

#11870 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Says on the main screen. Top left hand side.
(Unless it’s changed in the new code, which I haven’t played)
rd

You're correct. I'm still learning the nuances of the rules.

I'm wondering if Bookworm is too powerful, especially with Mr Freeze? Does anyone bother with Egghead? I'm just curious what others thoughts are.

Rob

#11871 5 years ago

Merry Christmas Bat-Fans!

D64DCC53-F0B2-4C5E-B2B0-B4F99E196FAA.gifD64DCC53-F0B2-4C5E-B2B0-B4F99E196FAA.gif
#11872 5 years ago

Merry Christmas Fellow Bat Citizens!

#11873 5 years ago

My Xmas gift, now for the install...

91A7FB96-CD45-4D82-A92C-E03E5802A026 (resized).jpeg91A7FB96-CD45-4D82-A92C-E03E5802A026 (resized).jpeg
#11874 5 years ago

Family Christmas present!!! Loving our Batman 66 so far!!!

The shooter rod doesnt work when delivered but the auto shooter saved the day.

EC988169-822E-465E-BC12-1474E2F10EE3 (resized).jpegEC988169-822E-465E-BC12-1474E2F10EE3 (resized).jpeg
#11875 5 years ago

Congrats! Your autoplunger mech may be sitting too far forward for the plunger to make contact. Check the mech to see if it is catching on anything. That happened to me recently and there was a loose screw that needed tightening to make it flush again.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11876 5 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

[quoted image]

The shooter alignment is fairly adjustable and usually the issue. With the playfield raised, there are 3 Philips screws that hold the shooter and alignment. Just loosen slightly the three screws and then lower the playfield and align shooter to center on auto plunge paw. Re-tighten and you should be ok. Good Luck with an Awesome game!!

#11877 5 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

[quoted image]

Best pinball present possible this Xmas!

Hope you and the family love it, we love ours!

#11878 5 years ago

Villian Topper and Bat Signal topper fully integrated. Of course I had to slip up while gutting the original Bat Signal housing and knock off the smallest capacitor ever with my nut driver. All soldered and fixed now. Working great.

40031D16-CD4E-4728-9CDB-57E6673A2E84 (resized).jpeg40031D16-CD4E-4728-9CDB-57E6673A2E84 (resized).jpeg
#11879 5 years ago

Lookin good

#11880 5 years ago

I joined the club today! My shooter rod is also not in alignment and I need to adjust it. I’ll try what’s listed above to fix it.

Code wise, I’ve noticed that there’s no dialogue played when you beat Penguin 1 and it doesn’t seem to know when the magnet is holding the ball when answering the Batphone and does a ball search every time. Is there an adjustment for that?

Otherwise, I’m loving it!

875CB747-2791-46A0-9F51-3691DFABCC68 (resized).jpeg875CB747-2791-46A0-9F51-3691DFABCC68 (resized).jpeg
#11881 5 years ago

I almost always have to give the machine a little nudge if it’s captured the ball with the magnet. I have a protector on it and I’ve always thought it might be catching on the slightly raised edge but it will release during a ball search.

#11882 5 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

I almost always have to give the machine a little nudge if it’s captured the ball with the magnet. I have a protector on it and I’ve always thought it might be catching on the slightly raised edge but it will release during a ball search.

I got a protector and had this issue.Only now and again though and I put it down to a ball that was magnetised.Found the culprit and swapped it out. Been fine ever since

#11883 5 years ago

Setup the game a little steeper?

#11884 5 years ago

Thinking about putting my Batman 66 LE on the block but really have no idea what these are going for.

Any input would be great.

Thanks Martin

#11885 5 years ago

Mine is NiB, plenty steep, and brand new balls. It’s like the code or engineering isn’t quite there when the magnet actually catches when answering the Batphone.

#11886 5 years ago

It's probably your ball sticking to the magnet... nothing codewise because the magnet will not be energized anymore.
Do you use the original balls? if not, try that.

#11887 5 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

Mine is NiB, plenty steep, and brand new balls. It’s like the code or engineering isn’t quite there when the magnet actually catches when answering the Batphone.

The ball sometimes comes off those stand ups so fast the magnet hasn’t even energised (similar issues with the orb magnet on GOTG simply not coming on quick enough) how steep have you got your game?

Much more than 7/7.5 degrees the magnet really struggles. Hopefully Lyman can address it in code, similar to how they addressed it with GOTG having the magnet come on sooner.

#11888 5 years ago

Agree with the others on how the magnet works. On my BM66 maybe 1 in 3 get caught by the magnet when energized. Additionally, there is no sensor that "knows" when the magnet has caught the ball. Add to that a protective decal and when it does get caught it often it needs a minor cabinet push to get it moving again once the magnet releases. To me the magnets on IronMan always work perfectly, yet BM66 is quite as accurate with it. Could be the magnet itself, as with IM only a 5/8" plug sticks thru, where in BM66 you have that bigger disk.

#11889 5 years ago

Does anyone know where this screw goes? I'm looking all over, can't find where it goes.

I'm playing Christmas night, and I saw it laying on the playfield just below the magnet.

I have no idea where I should be looking. Any help would be great. Thanks!!!

IMG_4463 (resized).JPGIMG_4463 (resized).JPGIMG_4464 (resized).JPGIMG_4464 (resized).JPG
#11890 5 years ago

I’ll try the original balls and see if that makes a difference. Maybe these new ones are magnetized already.

#11891 5 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Thinking about putting my Batman 66 LE on the block but really have no idea what these are going for.
Any input would be great.
Thanks Martin

I haven’t seen one listed under 10k for a long time. The most recent for sale thread was over 11k.. reality is probably between 10 & 11k depending on condition and mods.
Make sure you really want to sell it because it will be very hard to find another one if you ever want it back!

#11892 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Does anyone know where this screw goes? I'm looking all over, can't find where it goes.

Yup, same fell off mine. It's one of the screws that hold the vertical blue rubber ball stops at the bottom of the ramps- check the metal braces for those.

#11893 5 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Yup, same fell off mine. It's one of the screws that hold the vertical blue rubber ball stops at the bottom of the ramps- check the metal braces for those.

Thanks. I’ll look when I get home.

I didn’t even think of looking there.

#11894 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Agree with the others on how the magnet works. On my BM66 maybe 1 in 3 get caught by the magnet when energized. Additionally, there is no sensor that "knows" when the magnet has caught the ball. Add to that a protective decal and when it does get caught it often it needs a minor cabinet push to get it moving again once the magnet releases. To me the magnets on IronMan always work perfectly, yet BM66 is quite as accurate with it. Could be the magnet itself, as with IM only a 5/8" plug sticks thru, where in BM66 you have that bigger disk.

Remove the decal it found reduced my magnets efficiently by about 50% I have no issues with mine grabbing the ball now at all, well other than a ball coming back off the stand ups lightening fast.

#11895 5 years ago

I still can not get my game to come on, it has power to the boards as the light on the boards come on but nothing happens to the game. It is completely dark. I tried to reset all the connectors but still nothing.

#11896 5 years ago

Help fellow Batman owner. Two issues

1) the screw that holds on the bat mobile disc keep coming loose and falling on the play field. Should I use some thred locking fluid to keep them in place?

2) I found the following 2 screws and a plastic cap under the play field. Any guesses where they came from? Have been all over the play field and can’t find a spot.

5576D456-791F-46ED-B839-9040245BD543 (resized).jpeg5576D456-791F-46ED-B839-9040245BD543 (resized).jpeg
#11897 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I still can not get my game to come on, it has power to the boards as the light on the boards come on but nothing happens to the game. It is completely dark. I tried to reset all the connectors but still nothing.

Remove the SD card and install it again, same happened to me on another game as it was a corrupt card.

#11898 5 years ago

The plastic cap is most likely from one of the LED behind the slings. I’ve seen that on multiple machines, including mine. I haven’t worried about it and so far it hasn’t been an issue.

#11899 5 years ago

I think I might have found a bug. If you jail all the villains and have the TV lit, hit the shot in the scoop, pick Shame in season 2, there are no shots lit or flashing to make. If one ball drains and you hit the scoop again it lets you choose Shame again in season 2...??? Something isn't jiving there.

#11900 5 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Help fellow Batman owner. Two issues
1) the screw that holds on the bat mobile disc keep coming loose and falling on the play field. Should I use some thred locking fluid to keep them in place?
2) I found the following 2 screws and a plastic cap under the play field. Any guesses where they came from? Have been all over the play field and can’t find a spot.
[quoted image]

If its the screws holding the disk a light application of Blue removable loctite will work great. IF its the screws that hold the car Stern has a replacement that is riveted depending on when you got your machine. Build date. Yep those LED domes fly off in odd places minor issue. As for the 2 machine screws, I would check several of the mechanical assemblies below the playfield to see if any fell out. Possible they are just assembly left overs but you never know. Good Luck.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Sylacauga, AL
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Rapids, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/238?hl=cadmium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.