IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 374.
#11801 5 years ago

they need to add more mr freeze in the game. there sure are a lot of king tut modes

#11802 5 years ago

Finally broke 1.4 billion tonight...Nothing to brag about on this thread for sure, but man...What a rush!!!!

Staggering ways to play this thing...

#11803 5 years ago

All these mind blowing high scores aside, are many of you reaching the wizard modes (Batososi etc) often or at all? I consider myself an average player and fear I may need to see this wizard modes via YouTube if I ever intend to see them at all lol.

#11804 5 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

they need to add more mr freeze in the game. there sure are a lot of king tut modes

I think Mr Freeze would be way too powerful to have more than 1. Each season had a different Mr Freeze actor so maybe the other two actors can't be shown, like why some other actors can't be as well? It would be crazy to have 3x playfield frozen for the whole game on ball 1!

Rob

#11805 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Finally broke 1.4 billion tonight...Nothing to brag about on this thread for sure, but man...What a rush!!!!
Staggering ways to play this thing...

For sure, and the multipliers can make a big difference between mediocre scores and big scores. I haven't been able to really utilize any of the minor villains as I keep failing those.

Rob

#11806 5 years ago

I had to do this tweak to level the mini playfield because nothing else would work. Mine was not consistently level across all 3 positions (facing forward) which meant the round playfield itself wasn't level for some reason. The phone side was lowest, so I slightly tweaked that side of the mounting bracket upward. My initial testing of the partially assembled unit in the game now has even levelling across all 3 positions.

Rob

20181216_230220 (resized).jpg20181216_230220 (resized).jpg
#11807 5 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

There were 3 Mr Freeze actors in the show and they each only had 1 episode. Lyman said they were only going to have the Otto Preminger version of Mr Freeze in the game. So that's why he he just has the single selection as a minor villain in season 2.

King Tut is in the game a lot because he was in lot of episodes and he was in all three seasons. Not a bad thing, since Tut has some of the funniest villain quotes in the show.

#11808 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

All these mind blowing high scores aside, are many of you reaching the wizard modes (Batososi etc) often or at all? I consider myself an average player and fear I may need to see this wizard modes via YouTube if I ever intend to see them at all lol.

If I try solely for Villain Escape by exiting the major villains at the first cliffhanger I can get it ~33% of the time. I usually don't play the minor villains with the goal of getting the wizard modes but when I do it's with Mr. Freeze, Bookworm, and then Egghead, so the scores get pretty crazy.

#11809 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

If I try solely for Villain Escape by exiting the major villains at the first cliffhanger I can get it ~33% of the time. I usually don't play the minor villains with the goal of getting the wizard modes but when I do it's with Mr. Freeze, Bookworm, and then Egghead, so the scores get pretty crazy.

Sounds kind of like my strategy. I'm an average player and I use the Major Villains as an emergency offramp. I always start hoping to complete some Minor Villains with the goal of Holy Multiball, which requires at least some Major Villain platform to play from, but usually, I'm disappointed. Still, even if I fail at the Minor Villains, I usually make it into the second Joker (surfing) or Riddler (boxing) Major Villain modes because I prefer starting with those, as they're campier and only two deep. If I flail on Minor Villains, I'll still find myself most of the time near the end of a second Major Villain by my final ball. If I can, I cash out on that as immediately as possible, which will trigger the extra ball on the left orbit (for completing two Major Villain modes). I have a replay set for 600K points and another extra ball, again if I'm playing well enough and haven't choked by that point. I move that replay trigger amount up as I get better. Still, it's a makeable amount in about half of my games where I'm still alive at that point, probably nearing the end of a third Major Villain and have completed some Minor Villains and maybe the basic multiball. If I'm still sucking at Minor Villains, then Villain Escape is the last, best offramp hope for some decent points. If it's a really great game going, then the usual Minor Villain strategies come into play and scores are in the one plus Billion area. At least one-third of the time, I crap out at maybe 69M points and no extra balls. What a wonderful, wonderful game to have such variance in scores and diverse strategies.

#11810 5 years ago
Quoted from taz:

What a wonderful, wonderful game to have such variance in scores and diverse strategies.

And the theme is just so excellently integrated into the game. Icing on the cake is the great custom callouts by Adam and Burt!

Rob

#11811 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:And the theme is just so excellently integrated into the game. Icing on the cake is the great custom callouts by Adam and Burt!
Rob

Wait til you hear the unused tilt call outs. I hope they get integrated soon, for now I've just layered some of them over the tilt sound effect and change it up with every update.

Favorites are:
Aw gee Batman, I guess I was a little rough. -Robin
Great heavens, what a fool I am. -Batman
You're so strong and forceful batman. -catwoman(?)

#11812 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Wait til you hear the unused tilt call outs. I hope they get integrated soon, for now I've just layered some of them over the tilt sound effect and change it up with every update.
Favorites are:
Aw gee Batman, I guess I was a little rough. -Robin
Great heavens, what a fool I am. -Batman
You're so strong and forceful batman. -catwoman(?)

How many slots/places are there for tilt sound effects? I’ve never really played about with pinball browser so not 100% how it works but can you add in more than one of the unused ones?

Those are way too good to be left unused I’m sure it was one of the notes Lyman made during the deadflip stream.

#11813 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

How many slots/places are there for tilt sound effects? I’ve never really played about with pinball browser so not 100% how it works but can you add in more than one of the unused ones?
Those are way too good to be left unused I’m sure it was one of the notes Lyman made during the deadflip stream.

Since they aren't implemented yet I just edit the existing tilt sound to feature them. So one slot at the moment.

#11814 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Since they aren't implemented yet I just edit the existing tilt sound to feature them. So one slot at the moment.

In that case I hope Lyman does address this so we get multiple tilt warning sfx.

#11815 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

In that case I hope Lyman does address this so we get multiple tilt warning sfx.

Once, and only once I did hear a tilt call-out. I think it was because the ball took a while to drain. (It was stuck) So I guess it is somewhat implemented already? But still, out of 50+ tilts I heard the call-out once?

#11816 5 years ago

With the sad passing of Adam West, Stern and Lyman might as well try to add in as many of the custom callouts as possible, no better way to honor the man.

#11817 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

With the sad passing of Adam West, Stern and Lyman might as well try to add in as many of the custom callouts as possible, no better way to honor the man.

patience young bathopper

Rob

#11818 5 years ago

The main thing I'm still surprised hasn't happened yet is a different colored insert light for the multiball SJP. I remember first playing the game and hearing that the SJP was lit but not knowing where to shoot. I guess if you notice the turntable moving it might clue you in but otherwise there's nothing telling you where to shoot.

#11819 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

The main thing I'm still surprised hasn't happened yet is a different colored insert light for the multiball SJP. I remember first playing the game and hearing that the SJP was lit but not knowing where to shoot. I guess if you notice the turntable moving it might clue you in but otherwise there's nothing telling you where to shoot.

I think this will eventually get sorted out though.

Rob

#11820 5 years ago

Other strategy instead of the shame shame shame strategy:

I was able to run villain escape together with a minor villain wizard mode, in this case gas attack.
You have to set up it right but if it works it's super cool.
No completed mr freeze is 2 wizard multiballs at the same time, with mr freeze completed you can build up your villain escape jackpot value quite nicely during the minor wizard multiball and when it's finished you play the villain escape multiball.

20B and no Shame was played

#11821 5 years ago

Holy Merry Christmas Batman SLE owners!! Code 1.02 dropped...

#11822 5 years ago

Byebye Shame trillion scores

V1.02.0 - Dec. 20, 2018
=======================

- Added attract mode operating instructions. This is on a setting,
ATTRACT OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS, default is ON. This shows a sequence
in the attract mode about inserting coins, pressing start, launching
the ball, and using the flippers.
- Added SLE custom speech for the batphone hurry-up. This occurs at
the 15 second mark, once per start.
- Shame modes start as multiball the first time they are played. They
will then be started as timed modes until all of minor villain modes
have been played within the season.
- Type of GI lamps in the light table changed to GI; these were marked
incorrectly.
- Cleaned up city scene video clips. Fixed Morganbilt Library video
clip, which was converted using the wrong aspect ratio, and showed
black bars on each side of the clip.
- Fixed a bug with hold bonus x; it was not being held.

V1.01.0 - Dec. 4, 2018
======================

- Added new clips and sounds/speech for Bat Turn.
- Added a display effect for multiball total.
- Added a setting to prevent penguin awards from being given out on the
penguin VUK when the batphone hurry-up is running. Default = YES; do not
allow this.
- Added total effect for Bat Turn.
- Lenghtened several of the total display effects.
- Some points awarded at the start of Bat Turn.
- Fixed an issue with the batmobile spinner display effect where the
effect would exit while the spinner was still spinning.
- Spinner complete animation (window opening, blank cameo) was taking to
long to finish running. This has been corrected.
- Added SLE speech.

#11823 5 years ago

Okay so tomorrow I am getting my pin delivered, and I have never watched a video or played this. Should I play it first without looking at anything to go in blind and then research and watch tutorials later?

#11824 5 years ago

Go in blind and be surprised!

#11825 5 years ago

And yet new code!!! Dammit...They are stalking me, as I finally broke 1.4 Billion....Downloading now...

#11826 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Go in blind and be surprised!

Absolutely!

Rob

#11827 5 years ago

Download smooth as normal...no time to play tonight...tomorrow, my quest begins (again) to get started on the board....whew!!!

#11828 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Okay so tomorrow I am getting my pin delivered, and I have never watched a video or played this. Should I play it first without looking at anything to go in blind and then research and watch tutorials later?

Don’t forget to download and install the latest code.

#11829 5 years ago

Here’s my SLE Adam West callout.

#11830 5 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

That’s awesome! I would have a similar reaction.

#11831 5 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

So cool Enjoy!

#11832 5 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

That is awesome!

I’m going to have to play around with pinball browser and add one of those callouts into my LE.

#11833 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And yet new code!!

Yeah it’s amazing how fast Lyman has turned this around, when was the Deadflip stream where he took notes and someone mentioned the morganbilt video clip? Like a week and a half ago?

#11834 5 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Nice. Hopefully I can trick a premium into doing this for me.

#11835 5 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

how did you do that?

i turned on sle custom speech setting, but there is no callout on my sle.

#11836 5 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

how did you do that?
i turned on sle custom speech setting, but there is no callout on my sle.

Did you send Stern you serial info when they asked after the 1.0 code drop?

#11837 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Did you send Stern you serial info when they asked after the 1.0 code drop?

yes.

#11838 5 years ago

That new instruction video is hilarious!

#11839 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

That new instruction video is hilarious!

I haven’t seen them yet, can’t be that bad can it? It’s a shame they never got Adam West and Burt Ward to do a special one for BM66.

Listen up good citizen press start then pull the plunger to begin fighting crime!

#11840 5 years ago

HOLY COW. This game is amazing! I can't get over how deep it is. I came in blind, but quickly figured out this thing is crazy deep and oh so colorful and beautiful. LOVE the music too! Going to do the new update right now, but man congrats on all you that were much smarter than me and got this months or years go. Such a fun pin!!!

#11841 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

HOLY COW. This game is amazing! I can't get over how deep it is. I came in blind, but quickly figured out this thing is crazy deep and oh so colorful and beautiful. LOVE the music too! Going to do the new update right now, but man congrats on all you that were much smarter than me and got this months or years go. Such a fun pin!!!

It didn’t feel like such a smart move at release for about the first year

#11842 5 years ago

cscmtp to be honest it wasn’t always the benchmark for coding and theme integration that it is now.

At release it blew chunks!!

But now the game is phenomenal thanks to Lyman, he’s made the game feel like a completely new pin at least a half dozen times over the last year, the code is amazing and my favourite pin period.

#11843 5 years ago

SLE call outs anyone

#11844 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

SLE call outs anyone

Nice work Peckerhead

#11845 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

SLE call outs anyone

Awesome!! There’s at least 3 versions of my name recorded in the code, time I dusted off pinball browser.

#11846 5 years ago

I think it only will play once per power cycle. Could be wrong, but does not seem to happen once per game. (Or for multi player games).

Also takes 15 seconds of batphone ringing so hit Commishiner Gordon to add time.

#11847 5 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Might be a pinched or split wire leading from the metal pendulum housing at the end of the crane. I had the same issue. Found a split in the wire so I snipped it, peeled back the sheathing, twisted the copper together then taped it up. Crane hits register every time now. You may want to also loosen the cable tie at the base of the crane so that it doesn't pull on the wire as the crane moves.
In the service menu, you can move the crane to all positions. Whilst in 'Switch Test', use your finger to push the pendulum against the metal box housing it to check that it's registering. Good luck.

So my crane isn't registering hits AT ALL. I can move the crane from position to position in the diagnostic test, but when I go to switch test I can't get it register at all after pushing it all the way back with my finger. I'm really green at this, can anyone tell me how to fix or what to look for? Any help GREATLY appreciated!!

#11848 5 years ago

update, took off the crane cover and a wire had gotten lose. Have to run to Walmart and get a soldering iron but assuming I can just put it right back on and hopefully we are as good as new

#11849 5 years ago

what is the best way to add hallmark figures to the playfield or ramps?

#11850 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome!! There’s at least 3 versions of my name recorded in the code, time I dusted off pinball browser.

If you need to know the audio string line name of you're name let me know as I have saved them rather you going thru the whole .spk file and trying to locate it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/237?hl=timewellspent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.