IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 374.
#11751 5 years ago

Lyman was backhanding the left ramp on the stream. I haven’t been able to do that. Anyone else?

#11752 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Lyman was backhanding the left ramp on the stream. I haven’t been able to do that. Anyone else?

The flippers were angled a bit higher than they normally are on that particular game.

Rob

#11753 5 years ago

I wish that high score music was different - I don't like it at all. The music for penguin/batgirl is a bit off too, it doesn't seem to fit well. Everything else is great though!

Rob

#11754 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I wish that high score music was different - I don't like it at all. The music for penguin/batgirl is a bit off too, it doesn't seem to fit well. Everything else is great though!
Rob

You can change the music with pinball browser. ($20)

I changed my high score screen music to 80s montage music, specifically "you're the best around" as made famous by the Karate Kid film. Not very fitting with the theme but it makes me grin every time it comes on.
I've also replaced most of the major villain music but it can be tough as most of them are looped clips of around a minute long, meaning it takes a bit of audio editing get get things right. The second Riddler mode is the toughest as it loops to a point halfway through the song so you need a matched tempo for it to loop properly.

#11755 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I agree... penguin season 2 isn't my favorite either, the same with the high score music.

#11756 5 years ago

I changed the Villain Escape music pretty quickly. Really disliked the music they originally used. I'm very happy with the rest of it though. Yes Penguin Season 2 music is a little goofy lol.

#11757 5 years ago

Hey guys, need some guidance on on issue I am having with a new BM66 (fresh out of the box as of this AM) ...

About every other ball, the auto plunger will send the ball airborne and it actually will hit the right wire ramp vs passing underneath. I've never had this issue with any of my pins so was looking for some advice as to what to adjust. Looking at everything from up top, nothing in noticeably our of wack.

#11758 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:I agree... penguin season 2 isn't my favorite either, the same with the high score music.

I think I can probably live with the penguin s2 music , but the game over music has got to go.

Rob

#11759 5 years ago

A lot of great scoring and strategy info provided in this BM66 stream with the Lefkoffs by Colorado Pinball last week:

http://www.twitch.tv/coloradopinball/v/345216259?sr=a

#11760 5 years ago

I did an 11 way combo on my BM66 today, single ball!

Finally made it to Villain Escape too, that was fun even though I didn't capture them all.

Such a super fun game and shoots a lot better than it looks.

Wishlist:

- Something else outside of the modes, like Bat Turn
- More mystery awards please!
- More shaker effects please!
- Needs more penguin voice and laugh
- Needs more riddler voice and laugh

Rob

#11761 5 years ago

It would be nice if your ball number was displayed on the minor villain select screen. I choose differently depending on ball number.

The music on the alternative major villian modes seems relatively quiet. It also changes to the main theme music at some point when you continue rather than cash out. That seems like a bug.

Added over 5 years ago:

I think the music changing is intentional and not a bug. It's probably an audio cue as to your progress on that villain mode. Nice touch.

#11762 5 years ago

I just wanted to hear Adam West say my name in one of those custom quotes. My name is in the list that was posted earlier in the thread. I downloaded pinball browser and the software, but have no idea how to search a specific callout. Any suggestions? I just have the regular non paid version. I'll upgrade when I plan to actually make a change.

#11763 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure the custom callouts are under sound Scripts.

#11764 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I just wanted to hear Adam West say my name in one of those custom quotes. My name is in the list that was posted earlier in the thread. I downloaded pinball browser and the software, but have no idea how to search a specific callout. Any suggestions? I just have the regular non paid version. I'll upgrade when I plan to actually make a change.

You can go to sound scripts, then search for 0x970, all the files under that will be the custom call outs.
It should still be there but sometimes the code updates move sound files around.

Sadly the SLE custom call outs sound pretty terrible as the name was just pasted on front of Adam saying "get to the batphone" with no thought of matching the intonation.

#11765 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

You can go to sound scripts, then search for 0x970, all the files under that will be the custom call outs.
It should still be there but sometimes the code updates move sound files around.
Sadly the SLE custom call outs sound pretty terrible as the name was just pasted on front of Adam saying "get to the batphone" with no thought of matching the intonation.

Thanks, I'll try to check tonight. Does the free version not have a search function? Sorry, really new to it and didn't see a search box, just a bookmark box.

#11766 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Thanks, I'll try to check tonight. Does the free version not have a search function? Sorry, really new to it and didn't see a search box, just a bookmark box.

It'll take you there if you type it into the bookmark box.

#11767 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

It'll take you there if you type it into the bookmark box.

everything from there on seems to be catwoman related. must've changed.

#11768 5 years ago

BM66 is catching up with DI.. get your votes in Bat-fans...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-v10-vs-dialed-in-v157#post-4730634

BB8FB668-A11E-4DDA-98C0-E6E4800AE28B (resized).jpegBB8FB668-A11E-4DDA-98C0-E6E4800AE28B (resized).jpeg
#11769 5 years ago

Ok, no need to post any more high scores now. Escher Lefkoff has made us all redundant.

rd

E3FC07F1-A9D1-4033-B94C-84DB26E6C6CD (resized).jpegE3FC07F1-A9D1-4033-B94C-84DB26E6C6CD (resized).jpeg
#11770 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ok, no need to post any more high scores now. Escher Lefkoff has made us all redundant.
rd[quoted image]

2.7 trillion!? Holy big score Batman!

#11771 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd[quoted image]

WTF?? I couldn't do that with 20 balls and glass off. Frick

#11772 5 years ago

He probably death saved in that game.

#11773 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

2.7 trillion!? Holy big score Batman!

I wonder if it has something to do with exploiting minor villain powers, specifically with frozen timers?

Rob

#11774 5 years ago

90X on the turntable and a couple wizard modes would get you there. I thought we'd see some build up toward 1T, instead someone smashes right past it.

#11775 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

90X on the turntable and a couple wizard modes would get you there. I thought we'd see some build up toward 1T, instead someone smashes right past it.

During the Dead Flip livestream there was also talk of some people getting the batphone hurryup to ridiculously high levels. I suppose a settable limit to the batphone value would nerf that quickly. I'm sure Lyman knows what needs to be done already I don't think scores in the trillions will be around forever.

Does anyone think it's too easy to get high bonus X in the game? With the lower bat inlane/outlane inserts also awarding bonus X, doesn't that kind of make the upper lane ones kind of redundant? Outlane bat inserts are also virtually worthless.

Rob

#11776 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Is there any video of this? I have a couple of hours to kill...although he probably did that in 20 minutes or less!! I watched the Colorado Pinball stream, and he blew it up on that too. The multipliers he was creating were insane.

#11777 5 years ago

Not that it is needed, but a Batmobile BUMP!

unnamed.jpgunnamed.jpg
#11778 5 years ago

Did what I could....annoying thread...had to drain...BM66 rules!!!

#11779 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Is there any video of this? I have a couple of hours to kill...although he probably did that in 20 minutes or less!!

His dad said it took 2 hours. Their machine is set up competition tough too. They played to a certain technique but they didn’t say what it was. (Possibly playing shame over and over, that was mentioned in the video they made .. but I dunno. They’ll say sooner or later)

After a while, we just have to accept that some people are better at things than us normal people are.

rd

#11780 5 years ago

Was this on 1.0? 3 ball? Extra ball and tilt settings?

At first when I got my batman on factory settings (outlanes, rubbers) I played really really long balltimes, I didn't even have to nudge to avoid outlane drains.
I immediately changed this becaused there was no fun/challenge in it for me. Outlanes open, small small post rubbers.
Also the multiball settings harder, because defaults are quite easy.
On my machine, I cannot actively death save, I get a tilt.

To get scores like this you can shame shame, but I think you first need to set up Tut to 5x, Freeze and Bookworm complete and Atomic multiplier 3x, and then shot multipliers. This means you need to play 8 minor villains (6 king tuts, 1 freeze, 1 bookworm) to get the scoring potential.
Also a mad hatter if you want to replay Shame over and over. So actually 9.

Minors (except shame) can only be combined with regular multiball, or villain escape.
So this means 9 minor villains were completed on 3 balls in single ball play mode on tough competition settings???
Agreed if you are in the flow you can have longer balltimes, but bricking one shot and the slingshot kan kick it in the left outlane superfast. Or a stdm drain from the pops happens often too on my game.

#11781 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

During the Dead Flip livestream there was also talk of some people getting the batphone hurryup to ridiculously high levels. I suppose a settable limit to the batphone value would nerf that quickly. I'm sure Lyman knows what needs to be done already I don't think scores in the trillions will be around forever.
Does anyone think it's too easy to get high bonus X in the game? With the lower bat inlane/outlane inserts also awarding bonus X, doesn't that kind of make the upper lane ones kind of redundant? Outlane bat inserts are also virtually worthless.
Rob

I think it was Rotordave on here who was up near a billion on batphone.
In fairness that Gordon stand up can be a pretty risky shot. Each hurry up level also increases mode scoring by 50k, so it's a valid strategy for play.

I really like bonus heavy games, gives you a real reason to not tilt. I just wish it would tell you how many points you tilted away to rub it in.

#11782 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I just wish it would tell you how many points you tilted away to rub it in.

I agree with this. It's one more reason I can kick myself...seeing how many points I just lost!

#11783 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Was this on 1.0? 3 ball? Extra ball and tilt settings?

Escher won PAPA at 14.

I think he can play ok.

rd

210422C4-BC35-42D2-B28A-B83FBAEC021E (resized).jpeg210422C4-BC35-42D2-B28A-B83FBAEC021E (resized).jpeg
#11784 5 years ago

Shame all day then? It would be pretty hard to keep 1 ball in play for 2 hours....

Rob

#11785 5 years ago

2 hours? FFS. What is this, TH?

#11786 5 years ago

How can you tell if a minor villain is beat? I was playing and thought I beat Bookworm, but I didn't know how to find out.

#11787 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

How can you tell if a minor villain is beat? I was playing and thought I beat Bookworm, but I didn't know how to find out.

It will show him being locked in jail just like majors and the season light for the episode on the playfield will stay lit.

#11788 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

And on top of this, I've heard about channels.
How do you select "channels? " (I know how to choose specific villain episodes before plunging... is that the same thing? )

Also, sometimes I see two tiny TV's on the display, but I'm not sure why they show up, or what they represent. Are they selectable?

#11789 5 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

It will show him being locked in jail just like majors and the season light for the episode on the playfield will stay lit.

But you still can't tell unless you make another TV shot. Or is there something in instant info?

Rob

#11790 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

And on top of this, I've heard about channels.
How do you select "channels? " (I know how to choose specific villain episodes before plunging... is that the same thing? )
Also, sometimes I see two tiny TV's on the display, but I'm not sure why they show up, or what they represent. Are they selectable?

Hold the action button down for 2 seconds to change the channel. It's quite an ingenious way to help make certain modes a priority over others.

Rob

#11791 5 years ago

This game has officially become deep as shit in my book.....so many ways to play, and I'm such an average player....whew....

#11792 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This game has officially become deep as shit in my book.....so many ways to play, and I'm such an average player....whew....

It is pretty complex and may need a bit of tweaking on the minor villain powers to circumvent massive scoring exploits like we have been seeing lately. If anyone watched the Dead Flip 1.0 stream, Lyman said there was talk about not having the second Shame be a multiball.

Hmm, maybe all 3 seasons shouldn't be available at once to choose from? Season 2 requires completing one of the Season 1 minor villans. Season 3 requires completing at least one of the season 2 villains. This way maybe Shame2 can maybe still remain a multiball, but obviously you can't choose it right after Shame 1. If you fail all seasonal villains, the next season automatically unlocks.

Rob

#11793 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It is pretty complex and may need a bit of tweaking on the minor villain powers to circumvent massive scoring exploits like we have been seeing lately. If anyone watched the Dead Flip 1.0 stream, Lyman said there was talk about not having the second Shame be a multiball.
Hmm, maybe all 3 seasons shouldn't be available at once to choose from? Season 2 requires completing one of the Season 1 minor villans. Season 3 requires completing at least one of the season 2 villains. This way maybe Shame2 can still remain a multiball, but obviously you can't choose it right after Shame 1.
Rob

I'm ignoring all these insane hi scores posted...just trying to get through the seasons....

#11794 5 years ago

Would love to see more info permanently on the screen - like how many shots left for Mjnor Villains, which minor villains defeated, what minor villain powers are active, how many gadgets you have, etc. so much screen real estate with the LCD now. Aerosmith started it but seems to have been forgotten.

#11795 5 years ago

If anyone has rule questions or curiosity, I've covered ~95% of the rules over on the tiltforums wiki.

http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463/

#11796 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Would love to see more info permanently on the screen - like how many shots left for Mjnor Villains, which minor villains defeated, what minor villain powers are active, how many gadgets you have, etc. so much screen real estate with the LCD now. Aerosmith started it but seems to have been forgotten.

Definitely more information on the minor villains. At least Bat Gadgets is shown in the instant info, but otherwise instant info doesn't really offer much other useful info.

Too bad there's not many others talking about BM66 any more. It used to be quite the active thread, but has really died down since 1.0 hit.

Rob

#11797 5 years ago

Probably because a lot of people are playing the hell out of the new code.

And now we have “complete” code, there’s a lot less guessing and speculating on what could be in the game which makes up ALOT of this thread.

#11798 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It used to be quite the active thread, but has really died down since 1.0 hit.
Rob

I think most of ( me at least) are now getting wrapped around the machine, so playtime is beating pinside for the moment on this one.

So many ways to go at it, but good grief, have to hit the shots first..

#11799 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

But you still can't tell unless you make another TV shot. Or is there something in instant info?
Rob

Not yet

#11800 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Escher won PAPA at 14.
I think he can play ok.
rd

I stand corrected
Most probably the setup to 15x - 90x on the 6 shots and then shame shame shame?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/236?hl=jahkub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.