IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 374.
#11651 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't think I've been this excited about getting a new game as I have been for BM66. Theme integration looks outstanding!
Rob

Welcome to the club it's a great game

FB_IMG_1543112343999 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1543112343999 (resized).jpg
#11652 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't think I've been this excited about getting a new game as I have been for BM66. Theme integration looks outstanding!
Rob

Good to see you over here Rob, your certainly on Team Lyman now with that update for Met and now joining the BM66 club, do you have an eta on your game?

#11653 5 years ago

ok another question:
If you completed Mr. freeze, than lost your ball and complete Bookworm with your next ball, will you get your Mr. Freeze back? Or do you have to replay Mr. Freeze? Can I do that with a Mad Hatter? It's not a failed minor villain mode...

Or do I have to play Mad Hatter first and than Mr. freeze? With the same ball or not?

#11654 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

ok another question:
If you completed Mr. freeze, than lost your ball and complete Bookworm with your next ball, will you get your Mr. Freeze back? Or do you have to replay Mr. Freeze? Can I do that with a Mad Hatter? It's not a failed minor villain mode...
Or do I have to play Mad Hatter first and than Mr. freeze? With the same ball or not?

Last I checked you do lose the Mr freeze benefit even if you complete bookworm on a later ball. It's a powerful strategy if you do it right so it makes some sense that there is only one way to do it. As far as I know the only way to play a completed villain again is to either complete all the minor villains, or fail at both mad hatters and start all the minors. Greying them all out should relight all of them.

The way I play when going for big points is to always go for bookworm first, if I fail and it's early in the game I'll go for mad hatter next in order to retry bookworm. Even if I fail to get bookworm, Mr freeze is still worth it as far as points are concerned.

#11655 5 years ago

If I complete mad hatter (replay all minor villains), is this for the rest of the game or do I also neef to get a bookworm?

Thx for the help, this game rocks !!!

#11656 5 years ago

If I complete mad hatter (replay all minor villains), is this for the rest of the game or do I also neef to get a bookworm?
Thx for the help, this game rocks !!!

Mad Hatter's award does carry ball to ball without completing bookworm.

#11657 5 years ago

I got the Bat Cave hurry up and was awarded 2x on Catwoman. I drained before hitting the super jackpot. On the next ball I hit the jackpot and got the cliffhanger screen. The left choice to take the jackpot did not say it was 2x jackpot. Does the hurry up apply to the sjp? Or was it because I drained? I thought the 2x hurry up award persisted for the whole game, not just the ball you get it on?

#11658 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

I got the Bat Cave hurry up and was awarded 2x on Catwoman. I drained before hitting the super jackpot. On the next ball I hit the jackpot and got the cliffhanger screen. The left choice to take the jackpot did not say it was 2x jackpot. Does the hurry up apply to the sjp? Or was it because I drained? I thought the 2x hurry up award persisted for the whole game, not just the ball you get it on?

The 2x from the batpole sequence does last the whole mode but only applies to the shots you make during the mode, this does directly raise the value of the sjp but doesn't give you a multiplier on it. The ways of multiplying the sjp are from the play field multiplier, (3x max) the Gordon shot multipliers, (6x max) and Tut's channel multiplier. (5x max) These can all stack together as well for a maximum of x90!

#11659 5 years ago

But when you drain your ball, you lost all those multipliers?

Edit: you can keep the main screen multiplier from king tut if you got a bookworm?

#11660 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

The 2x from the batpole sequence does last the whole mode but only applies to the shots you make during the mode, this does directly raise the value of the sjp but doesn't give you a multiplier on it. The ways of multiplying the sjp are from the play field multiplier, (3x max) the Gordon shot multipliers, (6x max) and Tut's channel multiplier. (5x max) These can all stack together as well for a maximum of x90!

Thanks for posting that, I didn’t realise the to the batpoles shot didn’t add the multipler to the sjp.

#11661 5 years ago

But when you drain your ball, you lost all those multipliers?
Edit: you can keep the main screen multiplier from king tut if you got a bookworm?

There are settings that would let you keep them ball to ball but the default is no. Yes, you do get to keep the tut multipliers if you've completed bookworm.

#11662 5 years ago

Thanks!

I've watched a few game play videos and it seems like people can backhand the sjp scoop from a dead stop cradle position on the right flipper. Mine doesn't seem to do that. I have not adjusted my flippers at all. They have a slight droop from the factory. Maybe that's the difference?

#11663 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Good to see you over here Rob, your certainly on Team Lyman now with that update for Met and now joining the BM66 club, do you have an eta on your game?

It will probably be here thursday, but I won't pick it up until friday. I sold my Iron Man to help fund this game purchase. Originally I was going to get a DeadPool pro, but then started thinking maybe Deadpool premium. And THEN I figured if I'm thinking premium ($$$$$), might as well get a BM66 which I have been thinking about since last year. I still really like DP, but will wait to see how the code finishes on that. BM66 hit 1.0 so it seemed like now was the right time to buy one...

Rob

#11664 5 years ago

Just realised how similar this layout is to AFM.

#11665 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

are you serious??

#11666 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Has someone had a little too much bat beer tonight?
F50699BB-87F0-45DC-944E-2D4DE6EB297D.gifF50699BB-87F0-45DC-944E-2D4DE6EB297D.gif

#11667 5 years ago

I can see cooked71 is coming from, if you over lay the two there are some similar shots.

Neil.

#11668 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Has someone had a little too much bat beer tonight?
[quoted image]

Lol. I wish.

If you swap the right spinner to the left hand side of the turntable, almost identical. The turntable and the crane are completely different, but the shot layout is there.

#11669 5 years ago

Most fan layouts are pretty much identical, thankfully we have Lyman to make us work the playfield in different ways from a lot of 10 shot here 10 shot there fan layouts.

#11670 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Most fan layouts are pretty much identical, thankfully we have Lyman to make us work the playfield in different ways from a lot of 10 shot here 10 shot there fan layouts.

Apart from similar shot placement, it’s the fact all the shots are pushed well back, with little depth variation and with short fast ramps and lightning quick flipper returns. Returns allow great left right ramp flow. Combined with an open pf and just stand ups on the left & right. Plus you’ve got the scoop that feeds from front and back from the pops.

And this is a bit of a stretch, but the turntable starts as a dangerous bank of standups, but then opens to a deeper safer shot with a safe “through” shot, just like the drop bank inner targets on AFM.

Anyway, both great games. And B66’s layout is highly underrated IMO - it’s not all about code (though Lyman certainly has made it something special).

#11671 5 years ago

I’ve had a few direct PMs, with a number of people having the joker/penguin target fix, so I’m posting clearer instructions below.

In my first post I wrote counter clockwise, which it is from looking at topside of the table. It is definitely clockwise from underside of PF. You move it as far as you can from the underside of the play field in the clockwise direction and move it to the right as far as you can. This is to move the target as far away from the center post as possible. The movement won’t be much however. Then retighten the two screws. This is the balancing act here. You don’t want to over tighten, but make it very snug. The trick is: while tightening don’t let the screws go back into the old position. Then play the game, hitting those targets again to see if you tightened enough.

I had to do it twice. The first time worked for a while, but then later lodged again on the center post after about a week. The second time has been the charm and now for months, has not been an issue at all. Totally fixed the issue.

Can’t believe the advice Stern is giving: to just keep prying target over with a screw driver. Good way to ruin your target, on a machine we all paid way too much money for (although worth it after update 1.0, as it seems to be holding value and lots of fun, if not for some clunky Gomez shots at times)! Lol

Please feel free to ask more if I’m not clear enough. I’ve included photos.

You’re trying to move the left side of the joker/penguin target away from the center post. This has to be done from the under side of PF, so you can retighten the two nuts. Again it won’t move much, but enough not to lodge again on the middle post. I agree, it’s the most annoying part of our great bat table. That and the locked ball slot area side-wall bouncing balls back out after trying to go into the locked ball area on the back side of the turntable.

Hope this is as clear as mud for anyone having this issue. Lol

1F75238E-C104-4DC4-82C5-9D8346B77E93 (resized).jpeg1F75238E-C104-4DC4-82C5-9D8346B77E93 (resized).jpeg4E448A16-14E3-4194-ACF2-C3667E38A6C5 (resized).jpeg4E448A16-14E3-4194-ACF2-C3667E38A6C5 (resized).jpeg5A123158-8AC1-424F-80D7-6593132D1276 (resized).jpeg5A123158-8AC1-424F-80D7-6593132D1276 (resized).jpeg

#11672 5 years ago

Hi. Has anyone installed the new Cliffys for the penguin scoop on BM66? I finally got to installing the full set. I am trying to figure out how to easily remove that post to the right of the scoop. The nut underneath is blocked by the vertical ball kicker and thus the nut is not removable with nut driver/wrench. Frustrated and taking timeout before I damage something to ask if some one had experience and a tip?

#11673 5 years ago

I followed these instructions posted on Cliffy's site. I don't remember having any major issues.

1. Push the crane to the left side of the playfield.
2. Remove the right wireform and raise playfield.
3. Remove the vuk and trough assembly from the bottom.
4. Remove the single post located at the right front corner of the hole.
5. Remove the locking nut on the ball guide post to the right of the hole.
6. Loosen the 2 remaining locking nuts on the ball guide assembly to allow some vertical play. No need to remove!
7. Lower the playfield and lift the ball guide up and slide the protector into place making sure the notch fits around the right side ball guide post.
8. Re-assemble in reverse order.
9. Play!

#11674 5 years ago

Does doing a switch test determine if you have the joker/penguin target issue?

#11675 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Yes...if the target is wedged behind the middle post. That switch will be active and the one to the left will not register.

#11676 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Yes, thunder is correct. But the main thing that determines if it’s an issue, is if the left side of the target physically lodges against the middle post.

Lol, two thunders posting here. Lighting does strike twice.

#11677 5 years ago

New here. What’s the issue with the target? I’ve noticed that I don’t always get credit for the bat phone hurry up shot. Is that the issue? I just thought I missed the target.

#11678 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:I followed these instructions posted on Cliffy's site. I don't remember having any major issues.
1. Push the crane to the left side of the playfield.
2. Remove the right wireform and raise playfield.
3. Remove the vuk and trough assembly from the bottom.
4. Remove the single post located at the right front corner of the hole.
5. Remove the locking nut on the ball guide post to the right of the hole.
6. Loosen the 2 remaining locking nuts on the ball guide assembly to allow some vertical play. No need to remove!
7. Lower the playfield and lift the ball guide up and slide the protector into place making sure the notch fits around the right side ball guide post.
8. Re-assemble in reverse order.
9. Play!

Thanks - I only looked at BM66 game link and did not even occur to me to check Dark Knight !

#11679 5 years ago

Is anyone else experiencing after update 1.0, the extra ball is now not awarded, even if you hit the saucer from left orbit? Is there a fix to get it working again? After completing two main villains, the animation comes on to indicate extra ball, then hit left orbit and saucer, but no animation showing or collecting extra ball award as in prior code. Anyway to fix this or is this a new bug?

#11680 5 years ago

I haven't had that problem at all before or after this update. I'm not sure what to say, maybe try re-installing the update?

Edit: The left Riddler switch or the saucer should award it, for both not to is interesting. Maybe in your settings extra ball is turned off?

#11681 5 years ago

Batcorner shaping up nicely (minibar still in construction):

bmclock1 (resized).jpgbmclock1 (resized).jpgbmclock2 (resized).jpgbmclock2 (resized).jpg
#11682 5 years ago

Lol I see you couldn't resist the Bat clock!! I'm considering grabbing one too. Looks nice!

#11683 5 years ago

Just installed 1.0 today.

Got King Tut X running (complete one king tut, the next Tut is the main channel multiplier Tut)

How do you increase the Tut X?

Starts at 2x — somehow I got it to 3x but don’t know how. The normal turntable playfield X doesn’t increase the Tut X ....

Clue me in.

rd

#11684 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Is anyone else experiencing after update 1.0, the extra ball is now not awarded, even if you hit the saucer from left orbit? Is there a fix to get it working again? After completing two main villains, the animation comes on to indicate extra ball, then hit left orbit and saucer, but no animation showing or collecting extra ball award as in prior code. Anyway to fix this or is this a new bug?

Yes, I noticed this during a game last night.

#11685 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Lol I see you couldn't resist the Bat clock!! I'm considering grabbing one too. Looks nice!

Just came today...nice detail, and worthy of the Batcave!!!

#11686 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just installed 1.0 today.
Got King Tut X running (complete one king tut, the next Tut is the main channel multiplier Tut)
How do you increase the Tut X?
Starts at 2x — somehow I got it to 3x but don’t know how. The normal turntable playfield X doesn’t increase the Tut X ....
Clue me in.
rd

Each Tut completion after the first gives +1X. If I understand the code notes right you could beat two Tut's on one ball without completing bookworm, then drain, then complete another Tut on the next ball and your channel multiplier would be 3X.

He has a default max of 5X.

#11687 5 years ago

Can the mystery makes tut’s 2x a 3x?

#11688 5 years ago

Can the mystery makes tut’s 2x a 3x?

I didn't see it it the release notes so I'm thinking not. (Yet?) It could be just a bug at this point if 3X happened without beating a third Tut.

#11689 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I didn't see it it the release notes so I'm thinking not. (Yet?) It could be just a bug at this point if 3X happened without beating a third Tut.

I had beaten 3 tuts from memory.

First I did the S3 Tut for the normal reward.

Then I did the S1 Tut for the multiplier.

Then I drained.

Then I started another Tut for the multiplier again.

That well could have started the 3x. I hadn’t made the connection.

rd

#11690 5 years ago

If you beat 3 Tuts then that's why you had 3X, I did that for the first time a few hours ago. I can't wait until I beat 5 Tuts for that sweet 5X channel multiplier. With 3X playfield every main channel shot would be 15X before shot multipliers!

#11691 5 years ago

King tut multiplier cannot be raised by a mystery. You must complete king tuts to raise them.

#11692 5 years ago

I noticed that the ball was going into the lock but not showing as a ball lock.

Found the switch arm laying for lock 1 had come off. Anyone have an idea the best way to get to the switch either to replace or reset the arm?

#11693 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

From my bang around yesterday (with extra balls on) I would say that it is the left orbit that awards the extra ball, not the scoop.

As I had EB lit, i shot the left orbit, ball did not go into scoop and the extra ball animation played anyway.

So check the left orbit switch, could be that it needs a little adjustment. Always test switches with a ball rolling over them rather than the end of your finger.

rd

#11694 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

From my bang around yesterday (with extra balls on) I would say that it is the left orbit that awards the extra ball, not the scoop.
As I had EB lit, i shot the left orbit, ball did not go into scoop and the extra ball animation played anyway.
So check the left orbit switch, could be that it needs a little adjustment. Always test switches with a ball rolling over them rather than the end of your finger.
rd

Left orbit always awards EB. Right orbit bounced into scoop awards EB too.

#11695 5 years ago

I just "finished" a BIG update to the rule sheet on tilt forums, go have a look!

http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463/

Edit: It might be a good idea to make this a key post, or some way to make it visible to anyone looking here for a rule sheet.

#11696 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I just "finished" a BIG update to the rule sheet on tilt forums, go have a look!
http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463/

This is a fantastic write up!! Thank you very much for doing this.

#11697 5 years ago

I should be done with the minor villain section/walkthrough soon.

#11698 5 years ago

Corrections on king tut:
The first Tut completion awards “save minor villain progress” until the end of your ball, this is only useful if you have completed Mad Hatter, (Lets you replay failed minor villains) or have played every minor villain. (They reset when all are played/completed)
--->
The first king tut award "save minor villain progress" remains for the rest of the game.

&

(They reset when all are played/completed) --> (They reset when all are played/completed for that season)

&

Channel multiplier --> Main channel multiplier

Additional:
Playing king tut gives you indeed the multipliers from the second completion
Loosing your ball and completing king tut again on your next ball gives you the last multiplier + 1x (without bookworm).
Bookworm makes you continue with the main channel active multiplier from ball start.

----------------

Egghead (An Egg Grows In Gotham): When superjackpot is lit, left targets move the shot left, right targets move the shot to the right. Handy to move it to a multiplied shot.

#11699 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Corrections on king tut:
The first Tut completion awards “save minor villain progress” until the end of your ball, this is only useful if you have completed Mad Hatter, (Lets you replay failed minor villains) or have played every minor villain. (They reset when all are played/completed)
--->
The first king tut award "save minor villain progress" remains for the rest of the game.
&
(They reset when all are played/completed) --> (They reset when all are played/completed for that season)
&
Channel multiplier --> Main channel multiplier
Additional:
Playing king tut gives you indeed the multipliers from the second completion
Loosing your ball and completing king tut again on your next ball gives you the last multiplier + 1x (without bookworm).
Bookworm makes you continue with the main channel active multiplier from ball start.
----------------
Egghead (An Egg Grows In Gotham): When superjackpot is lit, left targets move the shot left, right targets move the shot to the right. Handy to move it to a multiplied shot.

Awesome, thanks for your input! I just tested the tut award carrying ball to ball because last I checked (pre 1.0) it didn't, thanks again!

#11700 5 years ago

No thank you for the write up! I learned for mad hatter season 2 and mr freeze... I was shooting everything

Is the SJ value of a major value really unmultiplied by king tut? Ok, it doesn't calculate the multiplier of king tut on the collect/continue screen. But is the effective awarded superjackpot value not multiplied by the king tut multiplier?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 34.99
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/234?hl=jahkub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.