Topic Stats

• 12,409 posts
  • 451 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Batman60
  • Topic is favorited by 170 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,592 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190214_210433 (resized).jpg
20180428_163633 (resized).jpg
0F75F934-FF82-405C-B5C1-62D5123CB0FD (resized).jpeg
3057E11D-C142-4E69-86EA-DF63CAF76501 (resized).jpeg
D2C69A70-1F46-417B-9703-1B218234CC3C (resized).jpeg
8538B521-4FB8-4AA0-84EB-D21B203DFC3C (resized).jpeg
E8B3B630-A4A1-4A7E-A131-F967721B8521 (resized).jpeg
F862C7AA-BE49-4FCD-A9D2-BEB737F631D7 (resized).jpeg
Bat Gadget Selector (resized).png
side_blades1 (resized).jpg
502-7029-00 (resized).jpg
side_blades3 (resized).jpg
D1118B48-3085-42AA-BF69-87A1AF015495 (resized).jpeg
4D4B49FB-43B7-4AF7-A83C-2493F27698B5 (resized).jpeg
E1154D3E-96D2-481F-A438-04B6A0F1F0A3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7646 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

44 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 12409 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 249.
#11601 88 days ago

Recently I acquired a Batman 66 Prem from a user on Pinside. The game came with some of the mods that are present on the SLE version. The one big thing the game did come with was the cabinet art from an SLE which is almost impossible to obtain. Also the user had the speakers, wire form ramp and some other things that can be used on the SLE version. Everything the seller had was installed as were the other things needed to be purchased to finish the project.

Read the entire post below :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2018/11/18/restoration-sterns-batman-66-premium-model-to-an-super-limited-edition-video/

YouTube:

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg
#11602 88 days ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Recently I acquired a Batman 66 Prem from a user on Pinside. The game came with some of the mods that are present on the SLE version. The one big thing the game did come with was the cabinet art from an SLE which is almost impossible to obtain. Also the user had the speakers, wire form ramp and some other things that can be used on the SLE version. Everything the seller had was installed as were the other things needed to be purchased to finish the project.
Read the entire post below :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2018/11/18/restoration-sterns-batman-66-premium-model-to-an-super-limited-edition-video/
YouTube:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just Awesome. Great job and a Super find with the SLE cabinet art! Great work and appreciate you sharing your hard work.

#11603 88 days ago

I bet you're right but after 1.0 could be a long wait. Lyman has been working on bm66 for a long time, I'm sure it's time to dedicate to his next game. Then in a few years he'll pop out a 3 page update to bm66. According to another programmer at stern the new 1.0 designation is feature complete with additional updates for bug fixes.

Quoted from J85M:

I think it’s safe to say v1.0 won’t be the end of the code journey for us, Lyman dropped another surprise code update outta nowhere the other day for Metallic.

#11604 88 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I bet you're right but after 1.0 could be a long wait. Lyman has been working on bm66 for a long time, I'm sure it's time to dedicate to his next game. Then in a few years he'll pop out a 3 page update to bm66. According to another programmer at stern the new 1.0 designation is feature complete with additional updates for bug fixes.

I’m pretty confident we will see more updates after v1.0. Look at the updates for AC/DC, TWD and now MET, years after those games released and where feature complete he’s dropped updates out of nowhere that have more content in them than most updates for games currently in production.

I know I’m not alone when I say, I took a chance on BM66 & Stern because Lyman was on the code.

#11605 88 days ago
Quoted from wyopin:

[quoted image]

That looks stunning! What pinstripe tape did you use? Comes in all kinds of thickness over here, curious what you used as it looks great!

#11606 88 days ago

We'll see some updates for sure on B66.. maybe a little slower then we were used to when the main focus is transferred to the next project, but we can excpect some more to come, no worries.

#11607 88 days ago

Stern just updated to code 1.80 for Metallica so yeah, I see more code coming.

#11608 88 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just Awesome. Great job and a Super find with the SLE cabinet art! Great work and appreciate you sharing your hard work.

Thanks Yelobird. Thanks for making the great mods that go in the game..

#11609 88 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

I know I’m not alone when I say, I took a chance on BM66 & Stern because Lyman was on the code.

It's not really taking a chance when you got Lyman on code!

#11610 88 days ago
Quoted from jorant:

It's not really taking a chance when you got Lyman on code!

True, but you know what I mean

#11611 88 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

That looks stunning! What pinstripe tape did you use? Comes in all kinds of thickness over here, curious what you used as it looks great!

I believe he had the stripe painted on the lock down bar.

#11612 88 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Great score! You care to elaborate more on your strategy. How you acheieved it? Would like to know the flow chart if you will, for this strategy, if you have time to write it out.

1.) Always do super skill shot (hold left flipper). You want the ball on the left flipper as soon as possible to to shoot at the TV monitors as it's a shot that has a chance to go down the left side. That gives you the 5s by default for the auto save.
2.) Light TV targets as soon as possible in the ball. The bottom one is the trickiest, I shoot for that one but if I miss you'll get the top 2. Bottom will get hit by the slingshot inadvertently at some juncture.
3.) I tend to play catwoman first, the escape in the 3x area gives a lot of points. It's also easiest to start without potentially getting a SDTM. Joker shot has a high chance for SDTM, I think.
4.) Start Catwoman and Bookworm. Score all Bookworm shots which gives you four shots for catwoman as well as opening locks for multiball. You need to hit the ramps 4 times, so Cat Woman is basically done at that point.
5.) Finish Catwoman, by getting multiball. Multiball will light the TV Monitor to go for Season 2.
6.) Shoot for Ridler (less chance for SDTM) starting another minivillian. I don't find that Freeze is worth as much. You've already completed Bookworm which is the hardest. I generally knock Shame out to get another ball for multiball and increase the multiball timer. Shame S2.
7.) Finish Ridler, try to get mulitball open again or possible TV monitor is lit again.
8.) Multiball will light TV monitors (bouncing off the slingshots). Go for Shame S3. Again, more time on multiball and extra ball.
9.) Start Joker or Penguin. Shoot up into TV Season and start Gas Attack or Holy Multiball. Holy Multiball seems to be the easiest to score, pretty easy to get 3B. Holy multiball and extra time will finish Joker or
10.) King Tut S2
11.) Egghead S3 as it's the easiest.
12.) The hat Guy S1, I can't think of his name.
13.) Start last remaining major villian and shoot into Gas Attack Multiball.
14.) Villian Escape

Go from there on your own. I like Joker again only because I like the surfing challenge. My wife likes Catwoman 2 because of Bat Girl. Both score about the same.

I'm thinking 30-40b is doable, to be honest I get bored. It takes about 30 minutes to play to 12-15b. I've had a lot of scores in the 13-14b using this formula.

#11613 87 days ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I believe he had the stripe painted on the lock down bar.

I did...I had the stripe painted on because the original tape peeled as it got played whenever anyone came over

#11614 87 days ago

Pinside has been pretty negative recently so I thought it might be a nice idea to show some positivity around here and put all our combined thanks and appreciation for Lyman and everyone involved in one easy to see thread.

And as BM66 owners we have definitely reaped the rewards of Lymans hard work big time plus it can’t hurt for all of us to be nice for a change

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-thank-you-lyman-amp-co-thread

#11615 87 days ago
Quoted from Yoxxy:

1.) Always do super skill shot (hold left flipper). You want the ball on the left flipper as soon as possible to to shoot at the TV monitors as it's a shot that has a chance to go down the left side. That gives you the 5s by default for the auto save.
2.) Light TV targets as soon as possible in the ball. The bottom one is the trickiest, I shoot for that one but if I miss you'll get the top 2. Bottom will get hit by the slingshot inadvertently at some juncture.
3.) I tend to play catwoman first, the escape in the 3x area gives a lot of points. It's also easiest to start without potentially getting a SDTM. Joker shot has a high chance for SDTM, I think.
4.) Start Catwoman and Bookworm. Score all Bookworm shots which gives you four shots for catwoman as well as opening locks for multiball. You need to hit the ramps 4 times, so Cat Woman is basically done at that point.
5.) Finish Catwoman, by getting multiball. Multiball will light the TV Monitor to go for Season 2.
6.) Shoot for Ridler (less chance for SDTM) starting another minivillian. I don't find that Freeze is worth as much. You've already completed Bookworm which is the hardest. I generally knock Shame out to get another ball for multiball and increase the multiball timer. Shame S2.
7.) Finish Ridler, try to get mulitball open again or possible TV monitor is lit again.
8.) Multiball will light TV monitors (bouncing off the slingshots). Go for Shame S3. Again, more time on multiball and extra ball.
9.) Start Joker or Penguin. Shoot up into TV Season and start Gas Attack or Holy Multiball. Holy Multiball seems to be the easiest to score, pretty easy to get 3B. Holy multiball and extra time will finish Joker or
10.) King Tut S2
11.) Egghead S3 as it's the easiest.
12.) The hat Guy S1, I can't think of his name.
13.) Start last remaining major villian and shoot into Gas Attack Multiball.
14.) Villian Escape
Go from there on your own. I like Joker again only because I like the surfing challenge. My wife likes Catwoman 2 because of Bat Girl. Both score about the same.
I'm thinking 30-40b is doable, to be honest I get bored. It takes about 30 minutes to play to 12-15b. I've had a lot of scores in the 13-14b using this formula.

Wow! Just wow strategy! What an amazing layout you’ve setup for us. I will be trying it out and may have some additional questions for you. A big thanks for writing this out!! I’m not as good as you so along way from being bored. I suppose you do a bunch a nudging with this senario? I’m having a tough time getting nudging down. Any tips on that front?

#11616 87 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Wow! Just wow strategy! What an amazing layout you’ve setup for us. I will be trying it out and may have some additional questions for you. A big thanks for writing this out!! I’m not as good as you so along way from being bored. I suppose you do a bunch a nudging with this senario? I’m having a tough time getting nudging down. Any tips on that front?

You really don't need nudging in this game. If setup at 6.5-7 degrees there's not a lot of lateral motion that hangs. It either comes straight into the side of SDTM. There's an occasional nudge but not much.

#11617 87 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Wow! Just wow strategy! What an amazing layout you’ve setup for us

If you ask 5 different people, you’ll get 5 different strategies.

That’s the good thing with BM66 - there isn’t just one way to do things, you can take multiple routes and sort of reach the same place.

One thing I’d debate from the above strat though - Mr Freeze can be the biggest thing in the game if he is utilised probably. Finish Bookworm 1 first up, and then Mr Freeze ... that can be crazy massive.

Also, you’re ending all the Majors early... presumably to get to Villain Escape. If you play the villains out to the end, and get a few multipliers running, they can be worth up to 1b each.

But as I said before, there are multiple routes to take and each can be as good as the next.

I’d play a safer route in a tournament though. Games are set up tougher, ball times are shorter. I’d crank the Major and bring in Shames to work toward Major completion, playfield X and multiballs.

rd

#11618 87 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If you ask 5 different people, you’ll get 5 different strategies.

That's why Lyman is the KING

#11619 87 days ago

Using Freeze you could maybe get up to a higher score, doing Shame 2x to start all but guarantees you will get 10b in a game as long as you get to Holy Multiball.

I honestly think if boredom doesn't break through and I could play for an hour, getting into the 30b range would be consistent on my strategy.

It gets to be too much given the length of Holy Multiball having completed both Shames and bookworm. I've been able to get 10b+ in league two weeks in a row to. It's a super consistent strategy, maybe not the highest scoring.

I would also note, if I don't get Bookworm completed, I generally restart at home. That's the key to any strategy.

#11620 87 days ago

I can’t do the super skill shot (hold left flipper button) mine always bounces off the top post on the left sling. I have tried to adjust the guide but nothing seems to work.

#11621 87 days ago

just updated to 1.00 and now have 4 node boards not found. Gonna try the update again the AM with a different usb. fingers crossed.

#11622 87 days ago

I think the ultimate strategy is to combine all of these completed:

king tuts (multiple) (main screen multiplier)
bookworm (carry over)
freeze (timers)
shame (longer multiballs)

mad hatter to replay the ones above.

In the ideal setup you can have king tut main screen multiplier go up till 5x, combine a 3x atomic pile and shot multipliers of 2x you are playing the game at 30x a shot.
So don't ignore king tut
Only egghead needs a better benefit to contribute to a total strategy and a reason in which you should not pick any of the minors above.

#11623 87 days ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

and shot multipliers of 2x

Each additional shot multiplier is a higher value than the last with a maximum value of x6, so the real max multiplier is X90!

#11624 87 days ago

Can you choose to raise the shot multiplier yourself on a certain shot.
Or do you need to make every shot x2, then every shot x3, ...?

Or do you need to hit the gordon target more to be able to go the higher shot multiplier levels?

I indeed once had an X24 choice at the scoop.. (4x atomic pile multiplier + 6x probably then from the shot multiplier) never understood why it was 24x, always thought that was of my phase of the major. But 4x + 6x seems more logic.

#11625 87 days ago

Can you choose to raise the shot multiplier yourself on a certain shot.
Or do you need to make every shot x2, then every shot x3, ...?
Or do you need to hit the gordon target more to be able to go the higher shot multiplier levels?
I indeed once had an X24 choice at the scoop.. (4x atomic pile multiplier + 6x probably then from the shot multiplier) never understood why it was 24x, always thought that was of my phase of the major. But 4x + 6x seems more logic.

Hitting Gordon 3x will light the first shot multiplier. The next shot (of the 5 major shots) that you hit will be 2x.
Hit Gordon 4 additional times, after selecting your 2x shot, and you'll light a 3x shot. etc.

I think the absolute maximum you could make a single shot worth on version 1.0 is 90x.

* 6x Shot Multiplier
* 5x Multiball Multiplier (if you don't cash in MB until Major Villain 4 and up the multiplier on each one).
* 3x PF multiplier

Am I missing anything?

#11626 87 days ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Hitting Gordon 3x will light the first shot multiplier. The next shot (of the 5 major shots) that you hit will be 2x.
Hit Gordon 4 additional times, after selecting your 2x shot, and you'll light a 3x shot. etc.
I think the absolute maximum you could make a single shot worth on version 1.0 is 90x.
* 6x Shot Multiplier
* 5x Multiball Multiplier (if you don't cash in MB until Major Villain 4 and up the multiplier on each one).
* 3x PF multiplier
Am I missing anything?

Yep, as far as I know that's the maximum. Your shot multipliers could be x30, x45, x60, x75, and x90. I'd love to have the x75 on the joker shot and x90 on the penguin shot. That could bring scores up to a trillion points I imagine.

#11627 87 days ago

So in best case you can have one shot 2x, one shot 3x, one shot 4x, one 5x, and one 6x.
You cannot have all of them 6x?

#11628 87 days ago

So in best case you can have one shot 2x, one shot 3x, one shot 4x, one 5x, and one 6x.
You cannot have all of them 6x?

Yeah, just one shot will be x6.

#11629 87 days ago

What a great rule, deciding if you have to put your 2x on a less valuable shot so you save that one for a higher one like a 5x or 6x
Here you have the 24x choice (x6 + 4x earlier software).

45419378_342016329941220_4315882377982246912_n (resized).jpg
#11630 87 days ago

Update on my Batman's death. Node board 9 died right after I did the 1.00 update. It was super easy to track down by just unplugging the cat 5 cables on each board (started at the end and worked by way back). When I unplugged 9, things started to work. So I jumped past node 9 (went from 8 to 10). everything works except what is controlled by node 9. So that was the culprit (which is the same board that has the zip tie fix.) My dealer (flipper fidelity) has a new one on the way. Great service from Stern (who gave me some tips on how to isolate) and Flipper fidelity.

#11631 87 days ago
Quoted from acaciolo:

Update on my Batman's death. Node board 9 died right after I did the 1.00 update. It was super easy to track down by just unplugging the cat 5 cables on each board (started at the end and worked by way back). When I unplugged 9, things started to work. So I jumped past node 9 (went from 8 to 10). everything works except what is controlled by node 9. So that was the culprit (which is the same board that has the zip tie fix.) My dealer (flipper fidelity) has a new one on the way. Great service from Stern (who gave me some tips on how to isolate) and Flipper fidelity.

Glad to hear you're getting a new board. When you remove the old board would you let us know exactly what failed on it? Did you perform the two service bulletins before the board failed? Hate to think this board can still fail after performing these fixes.

#11632 86 days ago

So don't ignore king tut....

I agree

Here is my video from yesterday: Holy King Tut!

- 23 Billion points
- over 30 minutes long
- with Batusi, Gas Attack and Escape Villains

#11633 86 days ago
Quoted from ernoe:

I agree
- 23 Billion points
- over 30 minutes long

Thank you for posting this video, this is the 1st time that I see how Batusi MB looks like, and amazing score btw.

#11634 86 days ago
Quoted from ernoe:

I agree
- 23 Billion points
- over 30 minutes long

23 billion!? Holy sh*t Batman!

#11635 86 days ago

Too bad Erno you lost your ball on the huge cash in at the scoop from Riddler..
You could of have scored a lot more if you played king instead of egghead before going into gas attack

#11636 86 days ago
Quoted from ernoe:

I agree
- 23 Billion points
- over 30 minutes long

That's it!!! Glass off for the holidays...I've got to see some of this stuff ( or somehow learn to play ALOT better)...

#11637 86 days ago

Regarding Minor Villans modes from different seasons. Are there differences with the way they play? Are the rewards different? Or, are they just there to give multiple chances to finish a villain?

#11638 85 days ago
Quoted from Decimal:

Regarding Minor Villans modes from different seasons. Are there differences with the way they play? Are the rewards different? Or, are they just there to give multiple chances to finish a villain?

The shots are different for all of them as far as I've noticed. The rewards are the same though with the exception being tut giving you a "main channel" multiplier after completing him a second time and a further multiplier for each completion after. (Default setting up to x5)

#11639 85 days ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

exception being tut giving you a "main channel" multiplier after completing him a second time and a further multiplier for each completion after

Thanks! Didn't know that. Just digging into this game for the first time. Still getting used to how the modes work. I've been reading various sources to get the rules. But there doesn't seem to be a very complete and up to date write up on it. I can't always tell what's happening with the minor villians when they're stacked with another mode. But that should come with more play. I would be nice to have a progress indicator of some sort on the screen. Guardians is nice that way.

Really, really great theme integration on this game. So cool!

#11640 85 days ago
Quoted from Decimal:

Thanks! Didn't know that. Just digging into this game for the first time. Still getting used to how the modes work. I've been reading various sources to get the rules. But there doesn't seem to be a very complete and up to date write up on it. I can't always tell what's happening with the minor villians when they're stacked with another mode. But that should come with more play. I would be nice to have a progress indicator of some sort on the screen. Guardians is nice that way.
Really, really great theme integration on this game. So cool!

I keep meaning to make a rule sheet draft now that we're at 1.0 but haven't been able to find the time.

A progress meter would be great but once you play the modes a few times they aren't too hard to remember. A good thing to know about stacked modes is that you can switch the focus to a different mode by holding the gadget button for a short time. This is important with the new tut multipliers as he only gives his bonus to whatever mode is on the main channel.

#11643 85 days ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Video Review on YouTube

From the video, gathered it was quite heavy....

( Still ordered, as I thought it looked amazing)

#11644 84 days ago

best game ever tonight after being caned by the game!!

#11645 84 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Congrats Neil Great score and a really nice video. Thanks for sharing. Your collection is Amazing!!!

#11646 84 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Fantastic game Neil, as always great stream and even my nurse on the hospital ward came over to check what I was watching, thank you that!

#11647 83 days ago

So today I bought a Premium that has tons of SLE mods...I’ve never seen or played the pin anywhere, and I’ve barely watched any video. Am I in for a treat? Any pins you can compare this to?

#11648 83 days ago

Having trouble downloading 1.0 code from Sterns site. Gets to about 1.4g and stops. Anyone else?

#11649 83 days ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So today I bought a Premium that has tons of SLE mods...I’ve never seen or played the pin anywhere, and I’ve barely watched any video. Am I in for a treat? Any pins you can compare this to?

You’re in for a treat, particularly if you like the theme. Make sure code is current. Layout is similar on the RHS to Batman: Dark Knight, but re designed in left - but plays nothing like it. Layout has been described as clunky, which is partly true, but I like the layout. It’s a bit different.

Code is Lyman at his absolute best and theme integration/asset use is unmatched - they had full open access to everything in the B66 world and fantastic custom call outs from West and Ward.

#11650 83 days ago

I don't think I've been this excited about getting a new game as I have been for BM66. Theme integration looks outstanding!

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cortland, NY
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 13.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12409 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 249.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside