IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 374.
#11551 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I would think so...."Mark" here if anyone is game....

Ditto here MK6PIN ...definitely in the SLE call-outs.

#11552 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

My name isn't on the list, otherwise I might try it out.

Well duh just change your name

#11553 5 years ago

If Lyman codes some kind of generic callout during Bat phone hurry up for all models then exporting a custom SLE callout by owner name will be easy. Right now there is no callout in the code when the Bat phone rings. That makes subbing out a custom one difficult. Where do you put it?

#11554 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I also just noticed a adjustment called photo shoot, I wonder what that is?

It's a development/marketing option that they forgot to remove. It turns all lights on solid for promotional photo taking.

#11555 5 years ago

Strange I went to do a quick verified update and it rebooted and started a full update... 20% done - anyone else?

#11556 5 years ago

Half way there Batman!

#11557 5 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I would think if you’re the 2nd owner and your name doesn’t match any from the list, you’re just SOL. That was a perk to the 80 NIB buyers.

Hopefully they just make it a perk for all current SLE owners. I would think this would be very short sighted on Sterns part to think all of the original SLE owners would keep their game forever.

I think when they came up with this idea originally Gomez may of thought it would have been integrated into the game much earlier rather than 2 years later.

Suppose we’ll see!

#11558 5 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Hopefully they just make it a perk for all current SLE owners. I would think this would be very short sighted on Sterns part to think all of the original SLE owners would keep their game forever

You do realize that Adam West is dead so he cant make any new personalized call outs?

I guess you could hire Ralph Garman to do his Adam West impersonation. He's pretty good at it.

#11559 5 years ago

This might be more of a computer issue than a BM66 issue, but here goes. The last 2 updates I downloaded for Batman 66 have not come up right. Here is what I get. Note the .001 does not unzip to the usual way. Any thoughts why it is doing this? I am stuck on 0.98!

Thanks, Dave

20181116_185422 (resized).jpg20181116_185422 (resized).jpg
#11560 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

This might be more of a computer issue than a BM66 issue, but here goes. The last 2 updates I downloaded for Batman 66 have not come up right. Here is what I get. Note the .001 does not unzip to the usual way. Any thoughts why it is doing this? I am stuck on 0.98!
Thanks, Dave
[quoted image]

That's the way is supposed to be. Just load those up on a flashdrive, plug in and update.

#11561 5 years ago
Quoted from taz:

That's the way is supposed to be. Just load those up on a flashdrive, plug in and update.

I've never seen the one file look like that, the top one? Is that normal now?

#11562 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

It threw me too, the first time I saw it. I couldn’t figure out why it wasnt unzipping!

But yes, that seems to be normal now. Load the 3 files to the USB drive and away you go.

rd

#11563 5 years ago

On the new tut strategy with the highscoring bug in majors/minors fixed.
Managed to make 11B (3 balls, 2 extras). King tut multiplier rule is fun

#11564 5 years ago

Do any of you guys experience the right orbit shot bouncing out of the multiball entrance, back into the PF? Almost every time I shoot the right orbit to enter a ball into the multiball lock, it bounces right back out?? I’ve leveled my table from front to back and right to left. What am I missing? How do I fix this?

#11565 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Do any of you guys experience the right orbit shot bouncing out of the multiball entrance, back into the PF? Almost every time I shoot the right orbit to enter a ball into the multiball lock, it bounces right back out?? I’ve leveled my table from front to back and right to left. What am I missing? How do I fix this?

Is the ball lock actually lit? If not, the diverter will stay closed and you wont be able to lock any balls.

#11566 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Yes, for BM66 anyway. A few updates back I was confused by the one file remaining zipped and actually unzipped that specific file a second time. I can't remember exactly, but what I ended up with didn't look right, probably more than the three files. So, I deleted the second unzipping and went with the three that initially unzipped. Anyway, the three files you showed in your screen capture are exactly the titles and file sizes that I loaded into my game and it works just fine.

#11567 5 years ago

Ok, thanks for the tips everyone. I'll give it a try!

#11568 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

My diverter attempted to open and would hit the back of the loop even when lock was lit and close. I had to take apart the diverter and reseat it with the coil closed.

#11569 5 years ago

Well, I did the code update. Apparently, my diverted does not like it. This will be riveting.

48ECDC92-1DDA-4B36-811A-0A67AF6C4EE3 (resized).jpeg48ECDC92-1DDA-4B36-811A-0A67AF6C4EE3 (resized).jpeg
#11570 5 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Well, I did the code update. Apparently, my diverted does not like it. This will be riveting.
[quoted image]

Wow those villains really wanted out! Shouldn’t be a tough fix. Ouch

#11571 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wow those villains really wanted out! Shouldn’t be a tough fix. Ouch

I hope to fit the rivet gun in that area.

#11572 5 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

I hope to fit the rivet gun in that area.

Just pull the,post and install outside of game. Much easier and less likely to damage anything. Good luck.

#11573 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just pull the,post and install outside of game. Much easier and less likely to damage anything. Good luck.

Good idea!

#11574 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

same here!

it happens after a super fast shot but the new code awards you now the lock even it bounces back on the playfield.

#11575 5 years ago

Yes please give the poor SLE guys their custom callouts from Adam West! They really do deserve it.

At least Stern is following through with what they promised.

BM66 is really unique and awesome. A great collectible and pin that is phenomenal to play thanks to Gomez and Lyman.

#11576 5 years ago

It’s quickly become the favorite pin in my house.

#11577 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Would love to see pics if you have any?

1533A379-1680-4F14-A2DC-266BE522EE06 (resized).jpeg1533A379-1680-4F14-A2DC-266BE522EE06 (resized).jpeg

#11578 5 years ago

Thunderbird yes. I had to put foam on the small wire guide just on the outside of the turntable. That mostly keeps things in. I also went ahead and added some foam to the inside of the diverter that slows it and kills insane spin.

#11579 5 years ago

I'm going to be looking at getting a BM66 premium next year, but I have a question for any recent buyers. The promo shots and the games I played right after release show Batgirl on the backbox. The newer games I've seen pics of premiums seem to have Batman and Robin on the backbox sides instead. Did Stern change this mid production or am I imagining this and they never actually shipped Batgirl backbox games?

#11580 5 years ago

@treborlicec Premiums never had Batgirl on the side of the backbox. Promo shots do, real games don't.

#11581 5 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Hopefully they just make it a perk for all current SLE owners. I would think this would be very short sighted on Sterns part to think all of the original SLE owners would keep their game forever.

I've seen Stern be accused of being short sighted for many things. But worrying about the 2nd (and subsequent) owners of the SLE is a new one. Can't say it wouldn't be a nice feature... but I can't imagine in a million years that this would even make Sterns list of things to worry about or make right.

#11582 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

treborlicec Premiums never had Batgirl on the side of the backbox. Promo shots do, real games don't.

Thanks for the info. Just seems weird. Googling the game shows all 3 models in a dealer's show room and Batgirl is on the backbox of the premium and Batman and Robin are on the LE backbox. Not gonna keep me from buying one, but seems weird. That means none of the models actually have Batgirl on the backbox.

#11583 5 years ago

Dang, this is by far my best game yet. Last highest score was close to half of this.

IMG_9021 (resized).jpegIMG_9021 (resized).jpeg
#11584 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Thanks for the info. Just seems weird. Googling the game shows all 3 models in a dealer's show room and Batgirl is on the backbox of the premium and Batman and Robin are on the LE backbox. Not gonna keep me from buying one, but seems weird. That means none of the models actually have Batgirl on the backbox.

From memory I think the promo photos and flyers had Batgirl originally on the Premiums and Batman & Robin on LEs, this was changed at Production, although I’m sure there where some Premiums that did get delivered with Batgirl on the backbox and vice versa.

Seems like Stern decided to keep Batgirl on the LE as she was already on the translite, but that’s just a guess on my part.

#11585 5 years ago

correct j85m

#11586 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Thanks, Dave
[quoted image]

I see everyone is saying this is normal, but mine unzipped just fine:

Batman 1 unzip (resized).pngBatman 1 unzip (resized).png
#11587 5 years ago

My first 3BN game ever tonight.

Started with Penguin that I completed through the 2nd to last portion as I was offered 6x jackpot to capture (3x scoop + 2x playfield). Then a quick catwoman to get the EB, then full through Riddler and then a one chapter Joker just to get to the worst Villain escape ever.

A big contributor was 200M+ from Egghead Season 2; Also beat Tut 1, but failed at Egghead 3 to qualify minor villain wizard.

I also had two main MB and at least one, maybe two, Bat Turn.

I'm starting to compare this game to Iron Man. On the surface, it's pretty simple, but to get all the right things stacked in the right order is very difficult. The more I think about it, it's almost Iron Man 2.0

#11588 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeWellSpent:

I see everyone is saying this is normal, but mine unzipped just fine:[quoted image]

Hmmmmm. I haven't tried yet, but I'd be much more confident if mine unzipped like that. When did you download the code? Thanks for replying!

#11589 5 years ago

#11590 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Hmmmmm. I haven't tried yet, but I'd be much more confident if mine unzipped like that. When did you download the code? Thanks for replying!

His looks like a Mac maybe?

Mine displays the same as yours on Windows 10.

rd

#11591 5 years ago

I hope my premium is here friday!

Rob

#11592 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

His looks like a Mac maybe?
Mine displays the same as yours on Windows 10.
rd

No Mac, PC with Windows 7 Pro. I have been using the recommend 7-Zip since I was having errors prior. From Stern's site:

Note: It has come to our attention that some customers using Windows 7 have had difficulty extracting the latest Batman code release. The native extractor in Windows 7 has difficulty dealing with the file size on certain Windows 7 machines.

Please download the free open source archive extractor. 7-Zip from this link http://www.7-zip.org/ and install before unzipping the game code ***

#11593 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

I downloaded the code on the 15th, but didn't unzip and install until last night.

#11594 5 years ago

OK, Update. I use Windows 10 and the code downloads for 0.99 and 1.00 both looked like that. I decided to just try it (thanks rotordave ) and all went smoothly. So I am up and running with the latest code. I am not sure what is going on with the download other than it is a huge file. Thanks for the help everyone!

Dave

#11595 5 years ago

Had 15b tonight. Beat bookworm, shame s2 and s3. Had cat woman going when holy multiball started. Scored 3b in holy multiball and 2b in cat woman. Went on to get king tut s2 and get to gas attack multiball. Scored additional 3.2b.

#11596 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoxxy:

Had 15b tonight. Beat bookworm, shame s2 and s3. Had cat woman going when holy multiball started. Scored 3b in holy multiball and 2b in cat woman. Went on to get king tut s2 and get to gas attack multiball. Scored additional 3.2b.

Great score! You care to elaborate more on your strategy. How you acheieved it? Would like to know the flow chart if you will, for this strategy, if you have time to write it out.

#11597 5 years ago

I think it’s safe to say v1.0 won’t be the end of the code journey for us, Lyman dropped another surprise code update outta nowhere the other day for Metallic.

#11598 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think it’s safe to say v1.0 won’t be the end of the code journey for us, Lyman dropped another surprise code update outta nowhere the other day for Metallic.

Hoping not, as there are quite a few additional modes/things that could be easily added to make the experience even better, to an already awesome game.

#11599 5 years ago

Am I crazy or did 1.0 remove the coil pulse power option?

#11600 5 years ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

Am I crazy or did 1.0 remove the coil pulse power option?

I saw that too. Wasn't able to find it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/232?hl=jahkub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.