IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 374.
#11501 5 years ago

By far my favorite silly pinball browser sound change I've done. If I had more modern machines I would likely do this to all of them. I also changed the text of grand champion to "The Big Cheese"

#11502 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Do you guys think 1.0 will arrive this week? The past few updates were released in an interval of two weeks each... Or they might take longer to make 1.0 beautiful? Or they are even fooling with us by releasing 0.99.1

In time for Xmas would be nice, or just make it an Xmas code update those always rock before the holidays.

#11503 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Guys I had a ball jam tonight and found a broken bulb from the left slingshot flew in the ball return, I fixed it but noticed while the glass was off the main spinner seems to be making a rather loud noise when turning. I lefted the playfield and ran the tests and I cant see anything in the way. Here is a video with the noise in test mode. Thoughts? Its working properly but in a years time ive never noticed this.

Sounds pretty normal to me, it’s a fairly noisy mech and quite often I hear the gears or whatever before it moves top side.

#11504 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Guys I had a ball jam tonight and found a broken bulb from the left slingshot flew in the ball return, I fixed it but noticed while the glass was off the main spinner seems to be making a rather loud noise when turning. I lefted the playfield and ran the tests and I cant see anything in the way. Here is a video with the noise in test mode. Thoughts? Its working properly but in a years time ive never noticed this.

Alot of us had to replace our sling bulbs with low profile ones. The lights are too close to the rubber and the ball action causes the tops to break off. Mine broke within the first few hours out of the box.

#11505 5 years ago

Thanks!!!

Quoted from J85M:

Sounds pretty normal to me, it’s a fairly noisy mech and quite often I hear the gears or whatever before it moves top side.

#11506 5 years ago

Thanks!!

Quoted from thundergod76:

Alot of us had to replace our sling bulbs with low profile ones. The lights are too close to the rubber and the ball action causes the tops to break off. Mine broke within the first few hours out of the box.

#11507 5 years ago

If anyone is looking for an Eaglemoss Batmobile you can get it as part of this set. It includes all the cutaway style drawings of the various Batman66 vehicles they have produced.

https://www.amazon.com/Batmobile-Cutaways-Collectible-Universe-Handbook/dp/1858755239

#11508 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If anyone is looking for an Eaglemoss Batmobile you can get it as part of this set. It includes all the cutaway style drawings of the various Batman66 vehicles they have produced.
amazon.com link »

Thanks! Grabbed one. Looks like a cool book too!

#11509 5 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

Because the code is running wild now I started playing BM66 almost every day. :X
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine did the same thing, so I had a pinstripe powder coated and then clearcoated by an automotive custom body shop/painter. It looks spot on...and I wish it would’ve been done like that to begin with!

#11510 5 years ago

Here's one for ya.Got a award ball lock(no.1) got 2 more balls locked,and started multyball! ,the pin loaded 3 balls,in succession,and auto plunged them one at a time! Then when the 3rd ball auto plunged,it released the 2 captive balls left in the carousel!! Odd????

#11511 5 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Mine did the same thing, so I had a pinstripe powder coated and then clearcoated by an automotive custom body shop/painter. It looks spot on...and I wish it would’ve been done like that to begin with!

Would love to see pics if you have any?

#11512 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Do you guys think 1.0 will arrive this week? The past few updates were released in an interval of two weeks each... Or they might take longer to make 1.0 beautiful? Or they are even fooling with us by releasing 0.99.1

Could be weeks or months - who knows? Regardless, based on recent updates, v1.0 hopefully won't be the last as I'd love to see a lot more code filled out.

#11513 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Novembers Stern of the Union Status of BM66 Code stated:
Batman ’66 – v0.99.0 code was released last week. Look for the next update soon.

#11514 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

THANKS!!! This fixed my issues!

Glad it worked for you! Now back to my Batcave....

#11515 5 years ago

I don't think we need to focus a lot on the 1.0 number.
The game will be ready when it 'feels' ready, if that is 1.01 or 1.5, who cares

#11518 5 years ago

V1.00.0 - Nov. 15, 2018
=======================

- Added a setting to enable the SLE custom speech.
*Note to SLE owners:
email a photo of your game along with your name and serial number to
[email protected] to have your features enabled in the next
release.
- Added some SLE custom speech.
- Egghead 47/48, 102/103, and 109 now contribute to the bonus when won.
If Bookworm has been won, the (cumulative) Egghead bonuses are awarded
at the end of each ball.
- Added a setting to limit the main channel multiplier. This can be set
to 2X - 5X, or UNLIMITED. The default is 5X. (This award is earned by
finishing any of the King Tut modes after the first (the first saves
the minor villain progress).
- Fixed a scoring issue that was causing major and minor villain mode
scores to be too high after defeating several major villains.
- Resolved an issue with the gadget lock that was causing the timing to
be off by so much that is was no longer possible to achieve a lock using
the button.
- Maximum playfield multiplier from the Atomic Pile lowered to 3X (from
5X).
- Reworked King Tut main channel multiplier such that the next multiplier
earned is one more than the last one earned. This allows the main channel
multiplier to increase even if Bookworm has not been won.
- Added add-a-ball for super jackpot during batusi multiball.
- Cleaned up add jackpot shot logic for Batusi. The display will not show
the pop bumper hits to add a jackpot shot if one cannot be added (either
due to all of the jackpots being lit, or because the super jackpot is
lit).
- Added a lamp effect for pop bumpers when they are available to add a
jackpot shot during Batusi.
- Added new video clip for batusi super jackpot.
- Shortened some video clips for Batusi.
- Cleaned up Batusi award display effects.
- Added instructions to the Batusi background display effect.
- Removed text boxes from Batusi and reworked the display to have the same
look and feel as the rest of the game.
- Added settings for Batusi mode (pop hits and shots to light the super
jackpot).
- Added total effects for minor villain wizard modes.
- Added right target bank targets to Batusi. One hit to the right bank
(instead of completion) enables the pop bumpers for scoring/increases.
- Fixed an issue where the mode select (minor villain and minor villain
wizard) sound was being made even for the cases when the selection did
not change (i.e. there was only one item to select).
- Added add-a-ball + add more time to mystery if both can be awarded at
the same time.
- Fixed an issue with mystery where the award could be multiball, which
when awarded, would then not allow the player to select a minor villain
mode if the TV was lit.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the new minor villain reset adjustment
to not work correctly for some villains.

#11519 5 years ago

Wow, those are some big rule changes, can't wait to try them out!

#11520 5 years ago

Looks like the SLE owners finally get their custom call outs.

#11521 5 years ago

Every time I finally throw up a decent score they pull this shit haha. Congrats SLE owners

#11522 5 years ago

They also mention "The next release" so apparently V1.00.0 is not the last we've heard on this already amazing game.

#11523 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

They also mention "The next release" so apparently V1.00.0 is not the last we've heard on this already amazing game.

Totally. This is where the real fun starts now that Lyman can enter the tweaks and balances phase of things

#11524 5 years ago

It seems the "updates every 2 weeks until we get you there" Gomez quote has finally come true.

#11525 5 years ago

Apparently, one of the SLE owner's name is Tony.

....or as I like to call him, my new best friend.

#11526 5 years ago

Now instead of bookworm/mr freeze strategy, you can go for the king tut strategy.
2 different approaches, both equal in value.
If you combine king tuts + mr freeze + bookworm... then you're in for a party
The only tough decision to make is, when you're going for king tuts, you're not going for the other minors..
But when you for example complete a second or third king tut as your last needed minor villain to start batusi/holy/gas.. then you're immediately launched to play that wizard mode with a tut multiplier.

The main channel multiplier for king tut is so much fun cause it only applies to the main channel.
So changing channels has become more important now, not only light/sound but scoring depends on it

And so good the scoring bug when being further in the game is fixed.

#11527 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Now instead of bookworm/mr freeze strategy, you can go for the king tut strategy.
The only tough decision to make is, when you're going for king tuts, you're not going for the other minors..
But when you for example complete a second or third king tut as your last needed minor villain to start batusi/holy/gas.. then you're immediately launched to play that wizard mode with a tut multiplier.
The main channel multiplier for king tut is so much fun cause it only applies to the main channel.
So changing channels has become more important now, not only light/sound but scoring depends on it

There are so many ways to approach this game now.

I think limiting the multipliers is a good idea.

This King Tut thing is interesting. I don’t think I’ve ever started a King Tut mode at all.

Best matchplay strategy though? Probably still Penguin with Shame and normal multiball. Nice and safe and good points.

But if someone else uses the Mr Freeze every ball method and manages to do “the thing” successfully - he’ll blow everyone else away. Risky though. But if they muck it up they’ll lose.

rd

#11528 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Will you explain in a little more detail how this all works, please? Being relatively new to this, I’m not sure which mode is the Batsui mode, for example?
If you have several modes on screen, do they all score or only the one on the main channel? What’s the first strategy you go for after trying for a skill shot? How does the villain escape mode work and how do you get to it? Sure wish someone would make up a flow chart as to how this all works to understand it better. Thanks for your help.

#11529 5 years ago

All modes score no matter what channel, but only the main channel is multiplied when you earned a king tut multiplier (after the 2nd king tut completion)

Batusi, Holy and Gas Attack can be played when having completed a minor from each season
Villain escape can be played when having played the four major villains.

#11530 5 years ago

Wonder what "Some custom SLE speech" is? I had heard it was to be the name of the SLE owner at some point. Congrats to the SLE owners as someone mentioned.

#11531 5 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Wonder what "Some custom SLE speech" is? I had heard it was to be the name of the SLE owner at some point. Congrats to the SLE owners as someone mentioned.

I have thought about downloading and installing the SLE code in to our premium to see what the differences are!

#11532 5 years ago

Man, this update looks legit!!!....loaded easy, but won't get time on it until Monday.....unbelievable...anxious to attack tut....

#11533 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I have thought about downloading and installing the SLE code in to our premium to see what the differences are!

ok Con you're up first

#11534 5 years ago

If it’s like all the prior releases, it’s the same code regardless of model. The model differences are handled by the code.

#11535 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If it’s like all the prior releases, it’s the same code regardless of model. The model differences are handled by the code.

Think this one is a bit different for SLE...says in the notes to send a pic of your SLE and serial # to unlock callout specific features.....

#11536 5 years ago

It also references future updates, so we are definitely not done w 1.0....

#11537 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Think this one is a bit different for SLE...says in the notes to send a pic of your SLE and serial # to unlock callout specific features.....

I wonder if another SLE owner could download the code with the call outs and share it with others (with the same name)?

#11538 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I wonder if another SLE owner could download the code with the call outs and share it with others (with the same name)?

I would think so...."Mark" here if anyone is game....

#11539 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I wonder if there is some difference in the hardware on each SLE, like a hard coded serial number in the rom or something. Otherwise, how would it know which name to call out on each SLE? If this is case, then the SLE callous wouldn’t work on LE’s or premiums because they’d be missing the proper hardware. Just guessing here... could be way off.

I suppose another option is that Stern will email an individually coded version of the software to each SLE owner based on their name (after verifying they have the machine with the photo).

In any case, I’m now on a mission to find an SLE owner named Tony to sell his machine to me. Evidently, I’ll have to beat PismoArcade to it though.

#11540 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I doubt they would do it that way. If they did than anytime there is another code update Lyman would need to make 80 unique versions if the code for each SLE. I think the game knows the serial number of the machine. So when the SLE owners provide Lyman with their serial number and name Lyman can have some logic in the code that says if serial "#xxxx" play play sound clip for "John" or whoever. If your serial number is not in the table then it just plays a generic clip or no clip at all.

This could be a problem if the user has to replace their CPU board in the future. I'm assuming the old serial number would need to be reprogrammed in the replacement board.

#11541 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I’m now on a mission to find an SLE owner named Tony to sell his machine to me. Evidently, I’ll have to beat pismoarcade to it though.

A controversial podcaster named Chris did just that. He bought an SLE from its original owner who was also named Chris so he lucked out.

If you look in the code using pinball broswer you can hear Adam West do all the names which are:
al, alex, andrew, bob, brandy, brent, buddy, carl, charlie, chris, dan, david, dennis, dino, ed, eugene, frank, george, harold, jaqueline, jerry, jim, jimmy, joe, john, julian, justin, ken, kevin, lee, lloyd, marcus, mark, martin, micheal, mike, neil, paul, peter, rich, richard, robert, ron, saul, scott, steven, thomas, tim, todd, tony, travis, or victor

If your name is on this list you could export that sound clip and then reassign it to where ever you like in the game.

If you really are desperate to hear your name, you could scour through all 120 episodes of the series (or anything else Adam West was ever in) to see if he ever said your name. If he did, just grab a sound clip of that to insert into the game via pinball browser. In my case, I just need a clip of Adam saying "Dumb Ass" and I'm all set.

#11542 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

ok Con you're up first

Maybe tonight Macca.. Sue and I will be having our own Pinfest!

I believe all the code is the same except for an extra call out for each person that has a SLE.

#11543 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Have you tried it? I do not know anyone who has on a BM66. Normally we would not do it. There has been so many code updates on this game I have lost count. Lets put in the SLE code and see what happens. There will probably be another update before Christmas!

#11544 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ahhh.. You have just answered all our questions.

Great pick up. Thanks!

We will put in the poverty pack version as we only have a premium.

#11545 5 years ago

Doc is correct - the SLE code uses hardware to determine which name to index (and I presume whether to allow the SLE adjustment). I’ll be very surprised if there is an SLE-specific code image.

There may be hope with Pinball Browser to fake out an image but the easier approach would be to update a non-SLE sound with the name specific one.

#11546 5 years ago

Have you tried it? I do not know anyone who has on a BM66. Normally we would not do it. There has been so many code updates on this game I have lost count. Lets put in the SLE code and see what happens. There will probably be another update before Christmas!

I did a compare on earlier versions but not recently. But it should be an easy test. If the SLE adjustment is in the Premium or LE 1.0 code, then they are almost certainly the same. The adjustment just won’t do anything on those models. If they are different then only the SLE code will have the adjustment.

#11547 5 years ago

Curious...if you’re the 2nd owner of an SLE, who’s voice do you think they will use for calling out the owners name?

And...If the game exchanges hands in the future after the update, how will a new owner be able to change the previous owners name to theirs?

#11548 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I did a compare on earlier versions but not recently. But it should be an easy test. If the SLE adjustment is in the Premium or LE 1.0 code, then they are almost certainly the same. The adjustment just won’t do anything on those models. If they are different then only the SLE code will have the adjustment.

Thanks! Saved me a lot of time uploading the SLE code that will not do anything!

Have a great night.

#11549 5 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Curious...if you’re the 2nd owner of an SLE, who’s voice do you think they will use for calling out the owners name?
And...If the game exchanges hands in the future after the update, how will a new owner be able to change the previous owners name to theirs?

I would think if you’re the 2nd owner and your name doesn’t match any from the list, you’re just SOL. That was a perk to the 80 NIB buyers.

#11550 5 years ago

There is an option in pinball browser labeled "SLE custom speech" in adjustments, it seems to only be a toggle between 1 and 0. Although maybe changing the default and max value to a higher number might yield some results for non SLE owners? My name isn't on the list, otherwise I might try it out.

I also just noticed a adjustment called photo shoot, I wonder what that is?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.99
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/231?hl=timewellspent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.