Hey guys, thanks for the additional ideas! I've complied them all together in a 2nd email to Lyman. Here is the email for your perusal:
Here are the latest additional Batman 66 code requests from Pinside.com players forum, which we have all been discussing on ways to make our BATMAN 66 game investment better:
Additional ideas and requests:
1. Use some of the tons of voices that have been recorded that arent in there at all. Batman saying the parts of the playfield in current code? He has dialogue where he describes going to parts of the pinball and tilt callouts, but I've never heard it. Also, I wonder why they have 3 oclock, 4 o'clock (etc) callouts in there? Let's see those be used!
2. One thing that is missing from the game that everyone (even non-fans) know from the show is the voiceover and music for the cliffhangers - "Is this the end of the Dynamic Duo?! How will Batman and Robin escape?! Tune in tomorrow - same Bat time, same Bat Channel!". It would be so cool if this was somehow incorporated into the major villain cliffhangers, or at the end of the game. The only place "same Bat time, same Bat Channel" is mentioned is on the outlanes on the playfield.
3. Either more minor villains in season one, or a way to replay them if you fail all three. Completing a mad hatter allows you to replay minor villain modes. Of course if you fail at both of them... you are indeed stuck.
4. Return of the red lights on either side of the slings, lite up when you do a Crain hit! Crane also be used in minor villain modes would be nice. The crane choreography needs a lot of work in the current code, better lightshows and better sound effects. On BDK when you hit the crane you knew about about it from the loud/distinctive sound effects combined with a drop out of the GI. Hitting the crane, we should hear the Penguin laugh or make other distinctive Penguin sounds.
5. Give the GADGETS another use. If you have a GADGET maybe 2 ready to use and lose a ball: if you hit the gadget button within say a second or two max, you get a delayed ball saver and the ball is put back into the shooter lane and back into play.
6. On the display indicate how many total gadgets available. Franchi did all that amazing artwork for the gadget LE plaques, so why not use it in the game?
7. Is there a flow chart Lyman has created for the many modes and how to advance available? If not, could one be put together? That would be a major help, along with a game code rules book for 1.0. Right now, no one is too sure what to do and where to go and how to best use the apron button. It’s like playing monopoly with no rules sheet. Very frustrating indeed.
We all love what you’re doing for us with our Batman 66 table investment, making it better. Please employ the above ideas, along with the other ones I sent earlier.