IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 374.
#11301 5 years ago

is there a screw or nail missing in the ball guide?
IMG_0557 (resized).JPGIMG_0557 (resized).JPG

bubbling of the cab decal
P1170708 (resized).JPGP1170708 (resized).JPG

my main concern is the bubbling that you can push down and it moves on both sides of the drain each over 2inch / 5cm long - either side of bolt down point. Also s ome bulging around a few posts so my concern is when I would remove the apron or change a post that art and clear peel away.
IMG_0553 (resized).jpgIMG_0553 (resized).jpgIMG_0554 (resized).jpgIMG_0554 (resized).jpg

#11302 5 years ago

The side art issue I can see clearly, but the PF issue is difficult for me to make out...Is that a bubble as well or light reflecting?

#11303 5 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

The side art issue I can see clearly, but the PF issue is difficult for me to make out...Is that a bubble as well or light reflecting?

It is a hard one but at first I thought an excess of clear but a thin long bubble that moves when you push it down

#11304 5 years ago

So, after a lot of hemming and hawing (is that how you spell it?), I finally paid off on a batman 66. I almost decided to go with twd, and a small part wanted dialed in. But I've finally caved in. Should he here in a few days!

#11305 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

is there a screw or nail missing in the ball guide?
[quoted image]
bubbling of the cab decal
[quoted image]
my main concern is the bubbling that you can push down and it moves on both sides of the drain each over 2inch / 5cm long - either side of bolt down point. Also s ome bulging around a few posts so my concern is when I would remove the apron or change a post that art and clear peel away.
[quoted image][quoted image]

There's no screw on mine. Hopefully you can sort something out with the bubbling etc.

#11306 5 years ago

If they do not do any thing for the bubble on the cabinet. I’ve seen some one take a scalpel or exacto blade to the air bubble and smooth it with a bondo spreader. It was flawless to the naked eye and natural light.

#11307 5 years ago

Since Batman 66 code update 1.0 is coming soon, I’ve complied some of my ideas and your ideas (you guys have some good ones) to make a great table even better. If you have anymore to add, please chime in so we may send to Lyman. Please read my letter to Lyman below:

Dear Lyman (codeman),

I’m sending through a bunch of additional needed items to make our good Batman 66 table great! Please consider and add the below items, before version 1.0 is completed

Code request:
Name call outs as well as the Villain Vision feature being used as a major sales point (villains taunting you directly) that still isn’t present.!?

Villain Vision:
Currently it is nothing more than a slideshow and it would be great to see it more integrated; even have it's own mode. How about a dedicated (separate from the LCD) TV clip (ideally a close-up) of the applicable villain each time one of their modes is activated? Too good of an opportunity ( and called "villian vision") to let it go w static clips.....would be a great finish to the code.

To get to 1.0, we need more polish on the callouts / sound and light shows. e.g. Penguin has nothing sound-wise.

Since the .95 update I believe, my motor does not shake when I capture Penguin. It works on all the others, but not him.

I'd still like to see the minor villains difficulty dialed down a bit. It doesn't seem like they should be significantly harder than the main villains like they are now. Especially since we know there will be three wizard modes associated with them and it's nearly impossible to hit one of them now.

More crane use or variety to the crane use would be nice. Love how BDK used it differently in each Scarecrow mode. It's one of the best toys in pinball and it's a little underused here so far. THIS IS ALMOST A MUST TO USE THE CRANE MORE IN MORE PLACES. IT IS ALMOST WASTED SITTING THERE DORMANT MOST OF THE TIME.

Wish you could extend the minor villain select timer to be longer than 9 seconds. There are so many minor villain episodes to choose from its hard to find the one you want before the timer runs out. I would even argue to not have it time out at all...rather remind you to make a choice.

- keep track of completion and earned benefits of a completed minor mode + better implementation
- any reward for playing/completing all minors?
- any reward for playing/completing all majors (both seasons then)?
- sound fx on certain parts (like penguin)
- score balancing
- light effects
- A longer path towards some final wizard mode might be nice.
- Access to the listed custom name callouts done by Adam West
- Any chance of getting additional minor villains added, like Lola Lasagne ethel merman, Archer art carney, Siren Joan Collins, Ma Parker Shelly Winters, Clock King Walter slezak, Minstrel Van Johnson just to name a few. Is there anyway to include some or all of these?

Will send more ideas as I play through the awesome code you’ve put together already.

Much appreciated for your passion on Batman 66 and thanks!
Brent

#11308 5 years ago

All awesome ideas. I just hope at the very least he uses some of the tons of voices that have been recorded that arent in there at all. Like does batman ever say the parts of the playfield in current code? He has dialogue where he describes going to parts of the pinball, but I've never heard it. Also, I wonder why they have 3 oclock, 4 o'clock (etc) callouts in there? Let's see those be used!!

#11309 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So, after a lot of hemming and hawing (is that how you spell it?), I finally paid off on a batman 66. I almost decided to go with twd, and a small part wanted dialed in. But I've finally caved in. Should he here in a few days!

Glad to see you in the club..congrats!!!!

#11310 5 years ago

Nice post. I'd love a Bat Wall Climb - revealing as many window guest stars as possible. I know a few of us have asked for this one...

#11311 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Nice post. I'd love a Bat Wall Climb - revealing as many window guest stars as possible. I know a few of us have asked for this one...

Love that idea and didn’t think of it. Thanks, will add it.

#11312 5 years ago

One thing that is missing from the game that everyone (even non-fans) know from the show is the voiceover and music for the cliffhangers - "Is this the end of the Dynamic Duo?! How will Batman and Robin escape?! Tune in tomorrow - same Bat time, same Bat Channel!". Even just saying it aloud now brings back the excitement and trepidation I would feel watching reruns after school. It would be so cool if this was somehow incorporated into the major villain cliffhangers, or at the end of the game. The only place "same Bat time, same Bat Channel" is mentioned is on the outlanes on the playfield.

#11313 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

All awesome ideas. I just hope at the very least he uses some of the tons of voices that have been recorded that arent in there at all. Like does batman ever say the parts of the playfield in current code? He has dialogue where he describes going to parts of the pinball, but I've never heard it. Also, I wonder why they have 3 oclock, 4 o'clock (etc) callouts in there? Let's see those be used!!

Don't forget the fantastic tilt call outs!

#11314 5 years ago

I thought I recognized some items in there that I wrote earlier in this thread.

I think extra minors and content will be harder, focus must be now on gameplay, balancing, rules, light effects..
LIke the villain escape game light show is really impressive... can't wait for more to come

With bookworm now being easier, I start to play it to carryover my minor benefits ball to ball and try to kick in mr freeze and king tut (and mad hatter). How a simple change can balance the strategy.

#11315 5 years ago

I’d like a clearer goal for the multi ball...

#11316 5 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

I’d like a clearer goal for the multi ball...

Which one?

#11317 5 years ago

I would like to see either more minor villains in season one, or a way to replay them if you fail all three. I had a game a couple days ago where I just couldn't get anywhere with the season one guys, but then blew up the rest of the game and finished multiple villains in both season two and three. But there was no way to light season one, so it was a dead end. Maybe let you replay failed villains, but only if you play all the rest in that season first? Or simply have a few more to choose from. I think seasons two and three have five each?

I'd love to see additional minor villains (Archer, Minstrel, Marsha, etc) as named above, but sadly I do not think that will happen. At least a cameo would be great, but there might be license issues keeping them out (just a guess)?

Minor villain difficulty balance it still my number one, although he's worked on that a bit (Bookworm). I still say they should not be more difficult than the majors. That, crane usage/variety, and overall polish to the lights, sounds, etc and it will be all set. I can't wait to see how it finishes out!

#11318 5 years ago

Completing a mad hatter allows you to replay minor villain modes. Of course if you fail at both of them... you are indeed stuck.
Maybe an extra season 1 villain would make it all more equal.

Or reset the minors per season instead of when they are all played..

I was wondering if it wouldn't work this way, that if you complete 2 or 3 minors of each season, you can play the wizard mode for that season. Having all 3 seasons completed + 2nd villain escape = final wizard mode

#11319 5 years ago

Is there a recommended way to do Minor Villains for us that suck?

#11320 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Completing a mad hatter allows you to replay minor villain modes. Of course if you fail at both of them... you are indeed stuck.
Maybe an extra season 1 villain would make it all more equal.
Or reset the minors per season instead of when they are all played..

Yup...failed them both. It was my own fault really, but it sucked hitting that road block with the other two seasons lit and two balls left to play.

#11321 5 years ago

Shall we Robin?, let’s Batman...

#11322 5 years ago

they should add more mr. freeze villian modes

#11323 5 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

Shall we Robin?, let’s Batman...

Batcave multiball. During a major villain mode you need to hit one of the Bat computers on the turntable to light the lock. Then lock 3 balls via the right orbit. I just try to hit as many shots as I can to light Super Jackpot.

#11324 5 years ago

I would like to see the return of the red lights on either side of the slings,lite up when you do a Crain hit!!Can also be used in minor villain modes!!!!

#11325 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I would like to see the return of the red lights on either side of the slings,lite up when you do a Crain hit!!Can also be used in minor villain modes!!!!

Yeah this game as a minimal amount of flashers, it would be nice for the ones present to be used a lot more.

The crane choreography needs a lot of work in the current code, better lightshows and better sound effects. On BDK when you hit the crane you knew about about it from the loud/distinctive sound effects combined with a drop out of the GI and the flashers going crazy!

#11326 5 years ago

This is all great stuff guys to add to the list for Lyman and I’m learning from you all about my table and how to be a better player. Now can you help me figure out how to get rid of the balls that go STDM?? Pull out of the utility belt a Batman gadget of say bigger Bat flippers?

#11327 5 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

One thing that is missing from the game that everyone (even non-fans) know from the show is the voiceover and music for the cliffhangers - "Is this the end of the Dynamic Duo?! How will Batman and Robin escape?! Tune in tomorrow - same Bat time, same Bat Channel!". Even just saying it aloud now brings back the excitement and trepidation I would feel watching reruns after school. It would be so cool if this was somehow incorporated into the major villain cliffhangers, or at the end of the game. The only place "same Bat time, same Bat Channel" is mentioned is on the outlanes on the playfield.

That is a fantastic idea!

#11328 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

This is all great stuff guys to add to the list for Lyman and I’m learning from you all about my table and how to be a better player. Now can you help me figure out how to get rid of the balls that go STDM?? Pull out of the utility belt a Batman gadget of say bigger Bat flippers?

For me, the danger spots for STDM are the Joker targets and sometimes when the ball comes out of the pop bumpers. Hence I don't deliberately go for the Joker targets unless I have a ball save. Other than that, all of the other made shots should feed safely to the flippers. If, like me, you have your pinny on heavy-duty felt pads on floorboards, a timely and stern (pun intended!) nudge/slide should save most STDMs.

#11329 5 years ago

Someone suggested a while back that on hitting the crane, we should hear the Penguin laugh or make other distinctive Penguin sounds. I thought that was a great detail that should be relatively easy to implement.

#11330 5 years ago

Suspect a lot of those items will be coming....

#11331 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Suspect a lot of those items will be coming....

Hope so. Time to sit back and enjoy a batbeer while we're waiting.

FB_IMG_1540087589548 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1540087589548 (resized).jpg
#11332 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Your post gives me an idea (whether it’s good or not I dunno) but it would give the GADGETS another use.

If you have a GADGET maybe 2 ready to use and loose a ball, if you hit the gadget button within say a second or two max, you get a delayed ball saver and the ball is put back into the shooter lane and back into play.

#11333 5 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

No idea how I missed this post but this is an amazing idea!

If your reading this Lyman and it’s possible please make this happen, it’s borderline genius!

#11334 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Your post gives me an idea (whether it’s good or not I dunno) but it would give the GADGETS another use.
If you have a GADGET maybe 2 ready to use and loose a ball, if you hit the gadget button within say a second or two max, you get a delayed ball saver and the ball is put back into the shooter lane and back into play.

Dude, the game would never end if that were the case.

#11335 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

For you maybe, but some of us suck, like yours truely

#11336 5 years ago

Is there currently anything on the display that tells you how many total gadgets you have?

#11337 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Is there currently anything on the display that tells you how many total gadgets you have?

Not that I have ever noticed, would be a nice touch having gadgets appear on the lcd backgrounds signifying how many gadgets you currently have.

Franchi did all that amazing artwork for the gadget LE plaques, so why not use it in the game?

#11338 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

If Lyman adds away of knowing how many gadgets you have ready to use, maybe a ball save still isn’t a bad idea but you would need say 3 to 5 gadgets stocked up to even have that option.

#11339 5 years ago

And how would the game know when you're pushing the lockdownbutton that you want to push it for a ball save instead of a shot in the mode you are in

#11340 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

And how would the game know when you're pushing the lockdownbutton that you want to push it for a ball save instead of a shot in the mode you are in

At a guess it would have to be similar to Deadpool “snitck” target, a switch hit within a set period of time.

To be honest David I’m just looking for more help when I’m playing

#11341 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Hope so. Time to sit back and enjoy a bat beer while we're waiting.[quoted image]

That's actually Bat Gadget #83 Alphabet Soup Container, which just happens to be my LE's episode! Thanks for the picture @Macca1010!

#11342 5 years ago

Even though I am running the latest software, I sometimes get a Villan Vision message that says: "VILLAN VISION UPDATE AVAILABLE" and then it is back to normal next time I turn it on. Any ideas what it is trying to tell me or is it just a software glitch?

#11343 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Even though I am running the latest software, I sometimes get a Villan Vision message that says: "VILLAN VISION UPDATE AVAILABLE" and then it is back to normal next time I turn it on. Any ideas what it is trying to tell me or is it just a software glitch?

Mine did that a few times but it was several updates ago and the code had been installed for a while when it did it.

#11344 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Mine did that a few times but it was several updates ago and the code had been installed for a while when it did it.

Same here. There is a TV tab in the service menu where you can check for updates. I keep hoping Lyman will put an adjustment for the ball eject power. Mine shoots the ball like a cannon. Would be nice to lower it a bit.

#11345 5 years ago

My best game in awhile, but proves that capturing villains is not the way to points.

4 Major Villains captured (no continues) + weak Villain Escape + Joker Captured again
3 minor villains captured, but choked on the MB shot
42 combos
2 EB

1.2 Billion

#11346 5 years ago

Is anyone else having an issue with their shaker motor not working when you capture a major villain? I've noticed since .95, I believe, that when the Penguin is captured, the shaker motor does not work, but it does with The Joker, Catwoman and The Riddler. Last night I played Catwoman 2 (Eartha Kitt) for the first time and it didn't work when she was captured, as well. I do have mine set on "minimal" use, but it's never been an issue before. Also, can anyone explain game adjustment #14 S.S.S. Lockout Mjr. Villains, Default = Yes and adjustment#58 Lockout Mjr. Villains, Default = No? And, any recommendations if anyone has changed these? Thanks!

#11347 5 years ago

Like TWD, this game makes me crazy! In a good way though. I will play it until i experience all of it.

I'm going Mad Hatter 1st on minor villains every time. Close him out, Egghead easy and then Season 3!

I've got to move my posts in though, they are all the way out and getting too many cheap sling drains

#11348 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've got to move my posts in though, they are all the way out and getting too many cheap sling drains

I’ve got the same problem. How do I move the post in to help stop so many cheap sling drains? Because of it, I’ve never been able to capture all 4 majors villains, but only one time in all the time I’ve owned the game. SDTM is killing it too. Any adjustments for lessening STDMs? Actually I feel Batman 66 is quite brutal in these two areas. I’ve not experienced such difficulty on other games. Need help in tweaking my game. Please advise.

#11349 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I’ve got the same problem. How do I move the post in to help stop so many cheap sling drains? Because of it, I’ve never been able to capture all 4 majors villains, but only one time in all the time I’ve owned the game. SDTM is killing it too. Any adjustments for lessening STDMs? Actually I feel Batman 66 is quite brutal in these two areas. I’ve not experienced such difficulty on other games. Need help in tweaking my game. Please advise.

Just loosen and remove the post above each outlane. Move them down towards the apron to the lower holes and retighten. For the SDTM make sure your game is level side to side. Even a little off can make a big difference.

#11350 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The game geometry puts the ball into the slings a lot on missed shots (typical Gomez design) but isn’t bad for SDTM. Are the drains coming off the magnet or missed ramp shots? How much are you nudging?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.99
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/227?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.