IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 374.
#11251 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Finally joined the club with full payment to our distributor done, pickup next Monday. I was down on a Deadpool but while away I played a Deadpool and Batman 66 and the Batman was more fun and much more nostalgic.
I want to upgrade the balls for the game and replace the stern ones, how many do I need?
Any other recommended must haves that I must order now initial before I slowly sweep 225 pages of the club thread.

Welcome to the club You're gonna love your new game. So many must haves......
Recommend you not look at The Mod Couple Mods because they are all awesome, especially the Atomic Pile, Bat Signal and Speaker Illumination Mod kit and you will fall even more in love with this game.....Enjoy.
bitmoji-20181018120052 (resized).pngbitmoji-20181018120052 (resized).png

#11252 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Welcome to the club You're gonna love your new game. So many must haves......
Recommend you not look at The Mod Couple Mods because they are all awesome, especially the Atomic Pile, Bat Signal and Speaker Illumination Mod kit and you will fall even more in love with this game.....Enjoy.
[quoted image]

thanks

how many balls do I need - 6?

and yes did a search on mods and there are quite a few good ones and there are some that I would like to do as well in time - look forward to playin

#11253 5 years ago

Yes 6 big shiney ones!

#11255 5 years ago

Big thanks to Docquest for hooking me up with the the proper batman emblem lens. Decided to go yellow to match the rest of the machine.

20181017_204016 (resized).jpg20181017_204016 (resized).jpg
#11256 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Finally joined the club with full payment to our distributor done, pickup next Monday. I was down on a Deadpool but while away I played a Deadpool and Batman 66 and the Batman was more fun and much more nostalgic.
I want to upgrade the balls for the game and replace the stern ones, how many do I need?
Any other recommended must haves that I must order now initial before I slowly sweep 225 pages of the club thread.

I'd add to check the service bulletins and make sure you've got them all installed. Some prevent damage.

#11257 5 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I'd add to check the service bulletins and make sure you've got them all installed. Some prevent damage.

much appreciated

#11258 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Anyone think they will have demo code at expo? Last years expo and TPF they had new code loaded on the show games to try out before releasing it to the masses.

Guess we will find out tomorrow Or just sneak into Lymans office and borrow a copy during the tour. lol

#11259 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Finally joined the club with full payment to our distributor done, pickup next Monday. I was down on a Deadpool but while away I played a Deadpool and Batman 66 and the Batman was more fun and much more nostalgic

I think you made a very good decision.

I found Deadpool to be underwhelming.

Remove the sweet Yeti artwork and there’s nothing much there. It makes Ironman look packed.

Good pin for location play - good theme and looks good - it’ll attract players and earn money. And that’s what pins are made for. We forget that sometimes.

Re BM66 mods - if you read this thread, you’d think you need everything. However, you need nothing. I have the Stern art blades and they look sweet. They’re the only art blades I own. Someone bought them for me.

As previously mentioned, double check your turntable is square to the playfield. It can move in transport. Easy to adjust with 3x bolts under the PF.

rd

#11260 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think you made a very good decision.
I found Deadpool to be totally underwhelming.
Remove the sweet Yeti artwork and there’s nothing there. It makes Ironman look packed.
Good pin for location play - good theme and looks good - it’ll attract players and earn money. And that’s what pins are made for. We forget that sometimes.
Re BM66 mods - if you read this thread, you’d think you need everything. However, you need nothing. I have the Stern art blades and they look sweet. They’re the only art blades I own. Someone bought them for me.
As previously mentioned, double check your turntable is square to the playfield. It can move in transport. Easy to adjust with 3x bolts under the PF.
rd

Of all people I would have thought you would have suggested adding cabinet corner braces. lol

#11261 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Of all people I would have thought you would have suggested adding cabinet corner braces. lol

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. I still haven’t repaired the back joints yet.

But that’s the only pin I’ve ever had to do it on.

Others seem to have been more lucky ....

Maybe the new ones are better. Probably the luck of the draw.

My Aerosmith I got at the same time as BM66 has been flawless. No issues at all.

rd

#11262 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hahahahaha

#11263 5 years ago

Did you fix your crane ball yet?

Mine has got less responsive too. It was good out of the box, now its not as sharp as it used to be... still 8/10 though ...

rd

#11264 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Did you fix your crane ball yet?
Mine has got less responsive too. It was good out of the box, now its not as sharp as it used to be... still 8/10 though ...
rd

Not yet but I know what needs to be done to fix it.

#11265 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Not yet but I know what needs to be done to fix it.

And....?

#11266 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Great to see you back on Pinside Jady and what better way to return than buying a BM66 and joining the best club thread!

#11267 5 years ago

New Code!

V0.98.0 - Oct. 17, 2018
=======================

- Reworked the Bookworm mode so it is easier to finish.
- Cleaned up speech requests for King Tut 27/28 so new requests are honored
over old ones.
- Changed completion requirements and scoring for King Tut 27/28.
- Cleaned up last stage background clips for King Tut 27/28 (two were close
together, similar).
- Added right target bank target awards to King Tut 27/28; these increase
the scoring for the mode by a decent amount.
- Reworked small TV allocation/deallocation so TV exit animations can be
run.
- Existing choreography, totals, queued and main display effects are now
stopped when changing channels.
- Reworked the "completed" and "total" effects for the minor villain
modes. If the mode is completed, the villain "jailed" animation is
played. If not, a still image of the villain is shown with the total
number of points scored during the mode.
- Implemented correct episode title messages for minor villain modes, based
on the current (possibly saved) state of the rule.
- Changed scoring for Shame 59/60. Additional shot and switch points are
awarded for starting and completing other minor villain modes.
- Changed the number of shots for Shame 59/60 last stage from 7 to 5 for
completion (easier). Added GI effects for GADGET/TV targets. Cleaned
up messages for the background display effect so there is more information
shown regarding the current state of the rule. Cleaned up speech requests
so new requests are honored over old ones.
- Rollover and rollunder switches (loops, ramps) now cause an end-of-ball
condition (bonus) if there is a drain immediately after a serve where any
of these switches are made before the drain.

#11268 5 years ago

Bam. Deadpool and Batman mega drop. Great job Stern!!’

#11269 5 years ago

version .98... are we nearing the end of Lyman's vision?

#11270 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

version .98... are we nearing the end of Lyman's vision?

Perhaps. I was hoping for more callouts. I enjoy when games say "shoot the blah blah blah to start multiball," or whatever. It would be neat to hear those from Adam or Burt before this is over.

Also I see Shame is easier to complete. Perhaps an answer to people using it to simply supplement regular play with no intention of ever actually completing it.

#11271 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I was hoping for more callouts.

This could definitely still happen in his final passes.

#11272 5 years ago

Lyman is too passionate to stop at 1.00. I predict at least a couple more updates after that. Great job tweaking Bookworm and Shame to be a little easier. Thanks!

#11273 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Perhaps. I was hoping for more callouts. I enjoy when games say "shoot the blah blah blah to start multiball," or whatever. It would be neat to hear those from Adam or Burt before this is over.
Also I see Shame is easier to complete. Perhaps an answer to people using it to simply supplement regular play with no intention of ever actually completing it.

According to Lyman on his most recent podcast, he gets the bones of the code - modes, sub modes, wizard modes, audio, visual placeholders, then he tweaks the rules and modes, then his final phase is adding and polishing - light shows, add, audio etc

I’m more than confident we will see more lighting effects added, more audio and video tweaks.

#11274 5 years ago

I suspect 1.00 means roadmap = 100%, but he'll return to it to tweak it in the future as he normally does. Just don't expect any major content added past 1.0.

#11275 5 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

- Reworked the Bookworm mode so it is easier to finish.

Boom

rd

#11276 5 years ago

So this appears to be more fit and finish rather than anything new.

Now the question is - do we see one or two more releases to get to the 1.0 code which appears that it could be a Christmas present for all us BM66 owners?

Barring a new mode surprise - what’s left?

#11277 5 years ago

Did I miss .97?

#11278 5 years ago

Still hoping for bat-climb mode, more usage of the crane and a mode with the turntable locked to the TV and villains taunting you.

Pleeeeeaaase Lyman

#11279 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Did I miss .97?

No. It was a .02 jump

#11280 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No. It was a .02 jump

We were all praying to get Batman to 1.0 code now we want him to Slow down! Lol. I vote for an additional decimal place increment to the finish. Lol. .983

#11281 5 years ago

I just loaded .96 yesterday

#11282 5 years ago

just remembered I went to a (Lost in the 50's) car collector's 2nd last open house before selling off everything as insurance was getting insane and he had actual movie prop cars from Back to the Future and Batman 1966 series

Batmobile 1966
IMG_4708 (resized).JPGIMG_4708 (resized).JPG
IMG_4682 (resized).JPGIMG_4682 (resized).JPG
IMG_4678 (resized).JPGIMG_4678 (resized).JPG
IMG_4704 (resized).JPGIMG_4704 (resized).JPG

Deloran
IMG_4684 (resized).JPGIMG_4684 (resized).JPG
IMG_4688 (resized).JPGIMG_4688 (resized).JPG
IMG_4690 (resized).JPGIMG_4690 (resized).JPG

IMG_4691 (resized).JPGIMG_4691 (resized).JPG
#11283 5 years ago

Will let you know when I know.

We know what needs to be done, just not sure yet how we’re going to do it.

#11284 5 years ago

Pretty minor update for New Batman fans joining but during the Stern tour Batman was Hot on the presses building Many more and Every game including Batman have the new steel corner braces standard.

#11285 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Pretty minor update for New Batman fans joining but during the Stern tour Batman was Hot on the presses building Many more and Every game including Batman have the new steel corner braces standard.

Nice one.

Hopefully they have some glue in the joints too.

rd

#11286 5 years ago

Much easier to defeat Bookworm now. My strategy was to defeat Bookworm and Mr Freeze early, then get to Holy Robin wizard mode with the 5x multiplier frozen.

27AA69F2-2965-43AC-9D76-085350EA13C1 (resized).jpeg27AA69F2-2965-43AC-9D76-085350EA13C1 (resized).jpeg
#11287 5 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

My strategy was to defeat Bookworm and Mr Freeze early, then get to Holy Robin wizard mode with the 5x multiplier frozen.

Awesome score and when you put it like that, it sounds easy

#11288 5 years ago

Bookworm only being 10 shots now instead of ~20 is quite nice, I completed him for the first time yesterday.

#11289 5 years ago

I'm glad some of the Minor Villains are easier now. Unfortunately, Season 2 Egghead is no longer an easy mode now that the shot after using a Gadget is frozen as the 'G' in gadget. That can't be hit with a purposeful shot from a flipper and will require lots of side-to-side action, such as a multiball to randomly hit it. I used to exploit that mode for a quick Season 2 lock in, but after 5-6 times trying now, no joy completing it.

#11290 5 years ago

I've had fairly decent luck hitting the G target when the ball is bouncing above the left inlanes. I do miss the roving shot though.

#11291 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I've had fairly decent luck hitting the G target when the ball is bouncing above the left inlanes. I do miss the roving shot though.

It figures that right after I posted, I played a game and beat Egghead. The secret is to start Egghead just before or while you're in Penguin mode. There's enough bounce off of the moving crane ball to ricochet the "G" on Gadget.

#11292 5 years ago
Quoted from taz:

It figures that right after I posted, I played a game and beat Egghead. The secret is to start Egghead just before or while you're in Penguin mode. There's enough bounce off of the moving crane ball to ricochet the "G" on Gadget.

Great idea!

#11293 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think docquest called it a while back Gas Attack being the last wizard mode, I’m now convinced docquest is actually in fact Lyman himself!

Lol he’s not both great guys tho

#11294 5 years ago

Now that Batman 66 has reached .98 coding, it is an awesome game! Quite deep coding and amazing what Lyman has done with the playfield of that table. Those people who bailed early may be regretting it. I know it was rough at first, but quite refined now and who doesn’t like Batman 66? It has universal appeal worldwide. The theme integration of that table exceeds all others in the TV/Movie genre. Call outs all by original actors. Music is original. Tons of show video. The small table TV needs improvement although. Currently a slide show that needs to have villain taunting happening instead of just a slide show. Game design after Lyman coding is a winner. Table is on the hard side though, because most all the shots are at the back of the table. I know it’s made me a much better player now.

#11295 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Now that Batman 66 has reached .98 coding, it is an awesome game! Quite deep coding and amazing what Lyman has done with the playfield of that table. Those people who bailed early may be regretting it. I know it was rough at first, but quite refined now and who doesn’t like Batman 66? It has universal appeal worldwide. The theme integration of that table exceeds all others in the TV/Movie genre. Call outs all by original actors. Music is original. Tons of show video. The small table TV needs improvement although. Currently a slide show that needs to have villain taunting happening instead of just a slide show. Game design after Lyman coding is a winner. Table is on the hard side though, because most all the shots are at the back of the table. I know it’s made me a much better player now.

Agreed on all points...one of my favorite games, and rooting for some type of interaction w " Villain TV"

#11296 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well said and totally agree.

I also hope we get some Villain taunting with all the clips available it could be a standout mode.

#11297 5 years ago

I have my shaker motor set at minimal use and have pretty much had it this way since the very beginning. After capturing a major villain, it has always shook/shaked/whatever when the cell door closes, but since the .95 update I believe, my motor does not shake when I capture Penguin. It works on all the others, but not him. Is anyone else having this problem, if it is one? If so, where do I go to report this? Also, I'm a little confused about the Lockout of Major Villians once completed. I believe I've seen this in two places in adjustments and I've just left it set on default. I thought once a major villain is captured, they are locked out and you don't play them again? If anyone can clarify, I'd greatly appreciate it! I haven't been on here in quite a while...are there any other adjustments that should be changed from default to make it better? @MKPin, I'm still missing the stacked villains setting, but I thought I saw something about a "stack" game adjustment recently. Thanks everyone!

#11298 5 years ago

picked up a NIB Premium today and was happy and then sad....

A few dial in and correct items (non straight tournament button and plunger assembly) plus a few items that can't be fixed but feel it not acceptable for $12.5k AUD spend.

- the screen printing and clear is bubbling along the apron line on both sides of the apron about 2inches / 50mm on both sides - plus other bulges around posts - is this a new thing? - heard Tommy had it on a Iron Maiden
- a bit of a decal ripple on the side of the cabinet below the flipper about an inch in diameter
- and the ball guide up near the top in-lanes has a blank hole is this supposed to be secured - not a huge drama but not happy with the other 2 items.

#11299 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

picked up a NIB Premium today and was happy and then sad....
A few dial in and correct items (non straight tournament button and plunger assembly) plus a few items that can't be fixed but feel it not acceptable for $12.5k AUD spend.
- the screen printing and clear is bubbling along the apron line on both sides of the apron about 2inches / 50mm on both sides - plus other bulges around posts - is this a new thing? - heard Tommy had it on a Iron Maiden
- a bit of a decal ripple on the side of the cabinet below the flipper about an inch in diameter
- and the ball guide up near the top in-lanes has a blank hole is this supposed to be secured - not a huge drama but not happy with the other 2 items.

Might need pics to see if any of this is normal? Doesn't sound like it is. May have had a bumpy ride on the ship. So sad you had a poor first impression I hope they make it right for you quick.

#11300 5 years ago

stacking multiple major villains is not possible anymore since a certain update

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.99
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/226?hl=jahkub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.