IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 374.
#11201 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

.96 there's still hope for our Bat-Climb mode......

I would LOVE to see this!!

#11202 5 years ago

I'm happy we get another multiball mode, but it's a shame that these modes will hardly ever be seen due to the difficulty of defeating a minor villain from each season. Any first-time or novice players will have next to no chance of getting to them (or even knowing how to get to them). I almost wish that the multiball mode choice was available after the standard locking of 3-balls into the turntable.

#11203 5 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

I'm happy we get another multiball mode, but it's a shame that these modes will hardly ever be seen due to the difficulty of defeating a minor villain from each season. Any first-time or novice players will have next to no chance of getting to them (or even knowing how to get to them). I almost wish that the multiball mode choice was available after the standard locking of 3-balls into the turntable.

I agree. Finishing season 1,2,3 is a challenge for most people, and all that stuff is buried there. The main multiball would be a great place to put more multiballs.

#11204 5 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

I think the current bat cave fight multiball is great and shouldn’t be replaced.

However I agree with everything else you said, I think all these multiballs just need more routes to get the opportunity to pick and play one so the content Lyman has added and the hard work he’s put into this game can be seen by a majority.

Currently it’s complete a minor villain from all 3 seasons. Having access to these modes if you at least start a minor Villain in each season would be great but the mb/mode would score a lot less compared to gaining access and starting one of the mb’s with completed villains? Adds more risk reward similar to the cliff hangers.

#11205 5 years ago

Dang this game is amazing and getting better over time. It's now my favorite game. I need to revisit my Pinside game ranking of BM66 and update it accordingly.

#11206 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think the current bat cave fight multiball is great and shouldn’t be replaced.
However I agree with everything else you said, I think all these multiballs just need more routes to get the opportunity to pick and play one so the content Lyman has added and the hard work he’s put into this game can be seen by a majority.
Currently it’s complete a minor villain from all 3 seasons. Having access to these modes if you at least start a minor Villain in each season would be great but the mb/mode would score a lot less compared to gaining access and starting one of the mb’s with completed villains? Adds more risk reward similar to the cliff hangers.

I agree. I just made it to Holy Mulitball for the first time. It took a perfect game, knowledge of the Egghead Season 2 shortcut, and a lot of Gadgets to make it. Maybe Egghead shortcut and starting a King Tut mode just before normal multiball mode would help, but it's a rare thing with the Major Villains featured in primary play. But again, that's why this game is so awesome and has so much long-lived potential. There will certainly never be a one ball, Do or Die hurry up on BM66 like IM, in my pitiful game play.

#11207 5 years ago

Is this just two files once extracted? That's all I'm seeing so far.

#11208 5 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Is this just two files once extracted? That's all I'm seeing so far.

I got 3......

#11209 5 years ago

3...check.....loaded quicker than usual this time, oddly...I'm now suffering through 3 code updates without playing until my ramp gets back next Friday...AHHH!!!!

#11210 5 years ago

Ruh roh! I'm trying to avoid paying for one of the various "free" WinZip thingee applications. It looks like my free rides may be over.

#11211 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I agree. Finishing season 1,2,3 is a challenge for most people, and all that stuff is buried there. The main multiball would be a great place to put more multiballs.

You can get to All modes just set the game to 10 balls, take the glass off, or enroll in #Rotordave pinball classes! At this point I have accepted that it will take Some time for us (my wife and I) to see the true depth of this code but that is OK by us! I personally Love games that I don't riffle through every mode or animation in one round and continue to rinse repeat forever. Never a new wonder to achieve. For that reason I never understand the people that complain about games being too long?? I Hate games that last 2 minutes and you start over. I get a sense of accomplishment when I get further along the story/journey. I think thats why I have always loved LOTR, I Know I will never see the end of the code which I am fine with and Batman is shaping up the same which is Awesome!!! And Yes, Doc IS Lyman I Knew his secret identity would get out granted I always thought he was Adam West with all his Bat Knowledge.

#11212 5 years ago

I see new code posted

V0.96.0 - Oct. 8, 2018
======================

- Added GAS ATTACK MULTIBALL mode for completing one TV mode from
SEASON 1, one TV mode from SEASON 2, and one TV mode from SEASON 3.
(This is selectable along with BATUSI MULTIBALL and ROBIN'S HOLY
MULTIBALL.)
- Reworked egghead 47/48 to include an effect for transitioning to the
next stage (hitting the gadget button) along with different background
clips for the two stages.
- Reworked villains captured sound effects and placement for better
timing and more variety of sounds.
- Fixed the "SHAME CAPTURED" effect; it was missing the last frame where
the text is centered over the jail cell.

Never mind: I'm late

#11213 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You can get to All modes just set the game to 10 balls, take the glass off, or enroll in #Rotordave pinball classes

Everyone welcome. I can provide the deli meats, however you’ll need to bring the Shasta on the plane as we don’t have that here. Of course, I reserve the Pepsi products for myself. And of course, no miners, or liars called Patty J.

rd

#11214 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

? I Hate games that last 2 minutes and you start over. I get a sense of accomplishment when I get further along the story/journey. I think thats why I have always loved LOTR, I Know I will never see the end of the code

Danni and I were having this discussion last night.

We both love 2 minute games. That’s really “true pinball” in our opinion. System 11 games are our jam, that’s what I grew up playing, and why I collected all 30 of them.

LOTR - just grinding that game out for an hour at a time wasn’t any fun. Just became a chore to play. Someone made me a good offer so out she went.

BM66 - different story. The 8 villain modes are all well balanced (except the first Penguin which has more points than the rest) so you can mix it up and still get a good score. Whereas GOT you really only want to play Tyrell or Martel, the other houses are no match for them (in a Comp game on a tough machine...)

BM66, everything is nicely balanced out of the box.

Each of the Minor Villains has its own risk/reward. Mr Freeze can be massive. But if you drain, he’s gone. The first Mad Hatter is awesome, he allows you to replay all the minor villains so you can use Shame to help you power through the modes. The ace in the hole though is Bookworm1 that allows the obtained power to stay until the end of the game. If you got this and then Mr Freeze, you’d have a maaaaaassive score at the end of the game if you played well. I’ve never done that, I always tend to play the same tournament strategy over and over again and try to perfect it. My new goal is to try and do that.

I’ll report back.

I find it fun to set a goal ... and great for skills practice, rather than just mindlessly bashing away. Last nights goal was to get to Iron Throne on every house on GOT - obtained the last one this morning on House Stark.

rd
C0677534-E4AB-4401-ABF5-ABD4E2712AE3 (resized).jpegC0677534-E4AB-4401-ABF5-ABD4E2712AE3 (resized).jpegFFC0919E-AFCE-4C99-B371-187BF6A6C78F (resized).jpegFFC0919E-AFCE-4C99-B371-187BF6A6C78F (resized).jpeg

#11215 5 years ago

Would be crazy fun if anyone from the Batman Club were attending Expo to have a Batcave mini tourney on a Batman at the show. Kind of club thread bragging rights. As long as Roto isn't bringing that batmagic lol. I will be there most days if anyone wants a match!

#11216 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think docquest called it a while back Gas Attack being the last wizard mode, I’m now convinced docquest is actually in fact Lyman himself!

LOL, I wish I was as talented as Mr Sheets!

I can't be Lyman since we've both been seen together at the same time chatting at various pinball shows. That proves it 100%, or does it?

Batman-UnkindestTut02 (resized).jpgBatman-UnkindestTut02 (resized).jpg
#11217 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The ace in the hole though is Bookworm1 that allows the obtained power to stay until the end of the game

Right, had a few games and tried to beat this mode, and haven’t as yet.

Even got the extra time, and started a MB, and still didn’t beat it. Seems to require a crazy number of shots to complete.

From Tilt Forums:

Book Worm
Completion award: All minor villain awards last for the entire game instead of just during the ball that you earned it.
Shoot the only flashing yellow arrow at the atomic pile / Bat Turn spinner once, which lites other yellow shots around the PF. Then shoot X # of yellow shots to complete. Don’t know how many are required.

Note: Bookworm mode becomes easier to complete based on how many other TV modes are played and completed prior to starting Bookworm

Further in that thread, Colin MacAlpine and Aaron Grabowski are saying how they haven’t completed it either.

Has anyone done it?

I got it down to just the TV inserts flashing (no yellow shots left) so must have been pretty close ... this was starting it on Ball one, as per the blurb above maybe the shot numbers reduce as you have more modes completed.

rd

#11218 5 years ago

I've completed bookworm once but mostly avoid it because of it being too hard.

Not sure if the other awards are implemented correctly at this point to complete bookworm and make it worthy
add a ball from shame completion
keep progress from tuts
mr freeze carry over ball to ball
mad hatter is now for rest of the game already?
egghead benefit?

#11219 5 years ago

I've completed Bookworm before, but don't recall if there was any trick to it other than making a sh*tload of shots. I got to Gas Attack tonight. It's a compilation of all the times a coloured gas was used in the show. Not as fun as Batusi or Holy Robin wizard modes. Also, not as lucrative. I was in the wizard mode for a good amount of time but only managed about 1b out of the mode. I ended up with 4b on a 3-ball game. The Holy Robin mode has been the most lucrative for me.

#11220 5 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

I've completed Bookworm before, but don't recall if there was any trick to it other than making a sh*tload of shots. I got to Gas Attack tonight. It's a compilation of all the times a coloured gas was used in the show. Not as fun as Batusi or Holy Robin wizard modes. Also, not as lucrative. I was in the wizard mode for a good amount of time but only managed about 1b out of the mode. I ended up with 4b on a 3-ball game. The Holy Robin mode has been the most lucrative for me.

I’m sure that will change, once we are at v1.00 that will probably be feature complete, all modes present etc and then we will see rule tweaks and score balancing plus additional light shows etc.

It would be great if Lyman gave us a gameplay perk with each of the wizard modes and a reason/benefit to play each of the wizard modes depending how your current game is going, similar to the perks/reasons to play each mini villain.

#11221 5 years ago

OH,brother,I wasn't aware of half of the modes you fellas have been discussing!!Guess i gotta work harder on Bookworm,never finished it,so wasn't aware of the benefits!! Go Pinside

#11222 5 years ago

Am I reading this right? If you complete 3 minor villains, you choose from one of 3 mini-wizard options?

Someday, we'll get a final mode if you beat both modes of the majors + villain escape + 9 minor villains + each of the minor villain wiz + Bat Turn.

#11223 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I've completed bookworm once but mostly avoid it because of it being too hard

I think it is intentionally very hard/near impossible - because if it was easier, it would become the go-to and be so powerful that if one player got it, it would make the game totally uncompetitive.

rd

#11224 5 years ago

I just put 5k down on a batman 66 premium today. In a few weeks I'll be part of the club! I've showered this thread ans eaten up any videos (mostly deadflip) I could find on it.

Thanks to people who suggested the game. It was a toss up between this and twd.

I wish there was more info out there so I can grasp the rules more before I get it home.

#11225 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I just put 5k down on a batman 66 premium today. In a few weeks I'll be part of the club! I've showered this thread ans eaten up any videos (mostly deadflip) I could find on it.
Thanks to people who suggested the game. It was a toss up between this and twd.
I wish there was more info out there so I can grasp the rules more before I get it home.

Congrats and as IJ says "You chose Wisely!" Batman is a really fun game and just keeps getting better!

#11226 5 years ago

Updated to the latest code today, and a couple of times the phone doesn’t rotate to the proper position when it’s ringing. Anyone else see this?

#11227 5 years ago

I updated to 0.96 today and all went well but when I turned it back on, the usual node board updated didnt happen. Is that right?

#11228 5 years ago

Wow, B66 owners thread has 11228 posts and the game deserves it. Is that the most active Owners Club on Pinside?

#11229 5 years ago

Looks like only Metallica beats it with 14k.

#11230 5 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Updated to the latest code today, and a couple of times the phone doesn’t rotate to the proper position when it’s ringing. Anyone else see this?

Mine has been doing it occasionally since new.

Quoted from pauloz:

I updated to 0.96 today and all went well but when I turned it back on, the usual node board updated didnt happen. Is that right?

Yes. You dont always get node updates with code. I usually like to wait a few extra seconds just to make sure there isn't one.

#11231 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wow, B66 owners thread has 11228 posts and the game deserves it. Is that the most active Owners Club on Pinside?

X-Men - 11,800 I think.

So, been bashing away at Bookworm 1.

Basically impossible to finish as the first up Minor Villian. Even with 20 secs extra time and multiball. You complete all the shots and then another heap come up.

Following the theory that completed Minors reduce shots required, I completed Mad Hatter first but that didn’t seem to make a major difference. Maybe another couple of MV completions would ...

I could take the glass off and find out but that sounds like work.

rd

#11232 5 years ago

I've tried taking the glass off to count the bookworm hits but gave up after 20+.

#11233 5 years ago

Defeating King Tut (saves minor villain progress) and Mad Hatter (allows replays of minor villains) before starting Bookworm might be the way to go. That way you can beat Bookworm over several goes. That’s assuming that defeating King Tut allows you to continue Bookworm from where you last drained.

#11234 5 years ago

If you drained, you lose the minor benefits (otherwise bookworm wouldn't be there)... so you have to replay bookworm in the same ball after you played/completed mad hatter and king tut

#11235 5 years ago

If you drained, you lose the minor benefits (otherwise bookworm wouldn't be there)... so you have to replay bookworm in the same ball after you played/completed mad hatter and king tut

Yeah, good point. That almost renders King Tut useless then, doesn't it? His benefit is only useful if you run out of time in a minor villain mode and then get to start that villain again from the same progress point on the same ball (or if you've defeated Bookworm, on another ball). Of course, you'd have to have defeated Mad Hatter to be able to start the same villain again first.

#11236 5 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Yeah, good point. That almost renders King Tut useless then, doesn't it? His benefit is only useful if you run out of time in a minor villain mode and then get to start that villain again from the same progress point on the same ball (or if you've defeated Bookworm, on another ball). Of course, you'd have to have defeated Mad Hatter to be able to start the same villain again first.

Exactly... that's the only point that needs to be reworked imho on B66
King tut's benefit is a very long path... you have to play in one ball 1) king tut complete 2) another minor let's say X 3) mad hatter complete 4) and then minor X again. A too long path for the benefit to have it's advantage I think.

#11237 5 years ago

I think certain minor villain rewards do carry ball to ball. At the time I thought it was a bug but Mad Hatter's reward seems to carry ball to ball. I'd bet that Tut's reward also carries.

#11238 5 years ago

Just checked and Mad Hatter does carry ball to ball but Tut doesn't.

#11239 5 years ago

Just completed Villian Escape Mode.

Damn...That was an impressive light show! Now I get the "Warning" sticker.

#11240 5 years ago

With egghead 47/48. Now if you hit the gadget button the left lower target flashes. If you hit it, you qualify the mode.
Can you move the shot for the left lower target too?

#11241 5 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Check the Node Board 9A and 9B that run to the motor control board. I have two replacements coming from Stern because I was receiving the same error. It is losing the connection. I think that is it. Good luck.

Hello Dexter (all),
When you received your new note boards from Stern and installed them, did that resolve the problem? I'm having the same issues but just replaced board 9B. It solved the problem but is now behaving the same after about 2 weeks.
Thanks!

#11242 5 years ago

Just incase your reading this thread Lyman, big thank you for the latest code this game is easily my favourite game ever at this point and you continue to somehow make it even better with each release.

#11243 5 years ago

So I was tightening the screws on the bat mobile turnstile and I noticed the position of the batmobile and the "nub" next to it that doesn't seem to serve a purpose.

Is my Batmobile in the correct postion? I'm unable to find any close up pics online.

Thanks again in advance....

SshenogSSyeXM5QLNUJG0g (resized).jpgSshenogSSyeXM5QLNUJG0g (resized).jpg
#11244 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

So I was tightening the screws on the bat mobile turnstile and I noticed the position of the batmobile and the "nub" next to it that doesn't seem to serve a purpose.
Is my Batmobile in the correct postion? I'm unable to find any close up pics online.
Thanks again in advance....
[quoted image]

That Nub is the other screw to hold the bat mobile lol. Yes it’s way off. May need to use epoxy on that as the car usually breaks at this point.

#11245 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That Nub is the other screw to hold the bat mobile lol. Yes it’s way off. May need to use epoxy on that as the car usually breaks at this point.

Thanks, Yelobird!

I repositioned it to where it should be until I get some epoxy. I'm glad I checked it as the screws on the turnstile were ready to fall off.

#11246 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Thanks, Yelobird!
I repositioned it to where it should be until I get some epoxy. I'm glad I checked it as the screws on the turnstile were ready to fall off.

Typically if as they usually do the screws strip out of the bottom of the car you need to inject epoxy into the car holes then reattach screws. In case it wasn’t assumed you should do all of this with the disk and car removed from the game to protect the Playfield. Good luck.

#11247 5 years ago

With egghead 47/48. Now if you hit the gadget button the left lower target flashes. If you hit it, you qualify the mode.
Can you move the shot for the left lower target too?

I've noticed that change too. I haven't found a way to move the shot, so I think it's fixed. It's probably a fair code change though, as the mode was too easily exploited whenever it was just a gadget and a single flipper to one of the main shots.

#11248 5 years ago

Finally joined the club with full payment to our distributor done, pickup next Monday. I was down on a Deadpool but while away I played a Deadpool and Batman 66 and the Batman was more fun and much more nostalgic.

I want to upgrade the balls for the game and replace the stern ones, how many do I need?

Any other recommended must haves that I must order now initial before I slowly sweep 225 pages of the club thread.

#11249 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Finally joined the club with full payment to our distributor done, pickup next Monday. I was down on a Deadpool but while away I played a Deadpool and Batman 66 and the Batman was more fun and much more nostalgic.
I want to upgrade the balls for the game and replace the stern ones, how many do I need?
Any other recommended must haves that I must order now initial before I slowly sweep 225 pages of the club thread.

Biggest recommendation: Remove the balls and raise the playfield. Double check the wiring harness for the turntable, make sure it and/or the protective sheath around it is not caught up in the turntable mechanism. Also verify that the main wiring harness does not get caught on the turntable mechanism as well.

Be sure to do this before turning on the machine. This is a factory assembly / quality control type issue as mine came misassembled that way from the factory, and can do some serious damage that is a pain in the butt to fix. My damage was minor to the protective sheath only, however others had a nonoperative pin that need a new wiring harness.

#11250 5 years ago

Anyone think they will have demo code at expo? Last years expo and TPF they had new code loaded on the show games to try out before releasing it to the masses.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 34.99
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/225?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.