IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 374.
#11101 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

both are outstanding games, but TWD wins it for me by a whisker - I have batman LE and TWD Premium so very lucky.

8BF834F4-2802-45CB-B2B0-03AEBA71DE6B (resized).jpeg8BF834F4-2802-45CB-B2B0-03AEBA71DE6B (resized).jpeg
#11102 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think I put the high gloss ninja balls in...not sure, might have been the silver jets.

If in doubt, read instructions.

Ninja: https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/

A must-have for non-magnetic games and works fine in most games with magnets.
NOTE: Some players report that certain games which use magnets that rapidly move the ball back and forth over the magnet (Dialed In, some modern Stern games) can cause chrome pinballs including the Ninja ball to become magnetized over time, possibly leading to balls sticking together. This does not happen suddenly but over 100+ games. Many buyers have had no issues with the chrome balls in most magnetic games, but your mileage may vary.

Silverjet: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-SJ5

SILVERJET™ pinballs may retain magnetism if the game has magnet features.

For magnetic games, you can take your chances with the above —- or use the Ball Baron Carbon balls. Never had a carbon ball go magnetic.

https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

rd

#11103 5 years ago

Is there any way to turn the tilt feature off?

#11104 5 years ago

Guess no Jeff’s had the big bucks. That list has 54 unique names. Tell me all the names with multiple entries are the same. ie one Jim recording and all others are same size and date.

Why don’t people have their frickin name said aloud yet Stern? There are so few, put them on the same SLE/LE/Prem chip and let any model game owner use a setting to pick whatever one they want, with default being blank. People like me are out of luck, but Mark’s and Lloyd’s of the world are in good to go

27F56F5E-9EC2-425F-B22B-348F7B28F700 (resized).png27F56F5E-9EC2-425F-B22B-348F7B28F700 (resized).png

#11105 5 years ago

For the rest of us, we could just use “Buddy” for the personal call out.

#11106 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

For the rest of us, we could just use “Buddy” for the personal call out.

Good one too bad Adam didn’t record ... Biff, Bucko, Pal or Sparky.

With more villain modes recently added and suggestions of possible code enhancements here, I am starting to get interested in this title again.

#11107 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Guess no Jeff’s had the big bucks. That list has 54 unique names. Tell me all the names with multiple entries are the same. ie one Jim recording and all others are same size and date.
Why don’t people have their frickin name said aloud yet Stern? There are so few, put them on the same SLE/LE/Prem chip and let any model game owner use a setting to pick whatever one they want, with default being blank. People like me are out of luck, but Mark’s and Lloyd’s of the world are in good to go
[quoted image]

I like this idea.

Tony

#11108 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Is there any way to turn the tilt feature off?

Just take the tilt bob out.

#11109 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Just take the tilt bob out.

Of course! Thank you.

So I went to do just that and found the goody bag leaning against the tilt bob.

Yep....I'm a dope.

#11110 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Of course! Thank you.
Yep....I'm a dope.

Wouldn’t be the first to do that, or the last. Haha

#11111 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Of course! Thank you.
Yep....I'm a dope.

Reminds me when I bought my TWD from someone. They didn't know they could update code when I asked then why didn't you update code or goodies was inside cabinet after I got it out. It was like where did you find that and what is it? And yes I got it at a great price.

#11112 5 years ago

Has anyone else had an issue during one of the new minor villain modes with what appears to be a sudden power outage (flippers stop working entirely), and then it picks right back up a second later (the ball doesn't reset or anything) and everything is back on? I've had it happen twice - I don't remember what mode I was in the first time, but the second one was during one of the new Tut modes.

Hadn't seen this with the prior code versions...

#11113 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Here's a summary of the typical problem.
[quoted image]
Im gonna try the foam fix to keep the taget from getting stuck. I need to go to the hardware store to buy some weather stripping to use for my foam.

I am having a similar Joker Target #1 issue. (I may not be visualizing the getting hung up on the bracket part) But my right Joker Target appears to be installed too low so that the bottom of the target is unable to clear the surface of the playfield, thus keeping the target registered. I have tried pushing the target up and onto the playfield but am nervous about breaking the target. The few times that I have been able to get the target up and forward onto the playfield, it drops back below with one good shot from the ball.

Is there a way to fix this without taking the turntable apart?

#11114 5 years ago
Quoted from murdock:

I am having a similar Joker Target #1 issue. (I may not be visualizing the getting hung up on the bracket part) But my right Joker Target appears to be installed too low so that the bottom of the target is unable to clear the surface of the playfield, thus keeping the target registered. I have tried pushing the target up and onto the playfield but am nervous about breaking the target. The few times that I have been able to get the target up and forward onto the playfield, it drops back below with one good shot from the ball.

Don’t take the turn table apart unless you have NASA available to help you reassemble. Lol. That target is often bent (rotated) causing it to stick behind the center metal post. Simply (carefully) tweak it to the side and make sure it’s clear. Others have posted more creative solutions in this long thread to guide you further. You However need to address it. Good luck.

#11115 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Don’t take the turn table apart unless you have NASA available to help you reassemble. Lol. That target is often bent (rotated) causing it to stick behind the center metal post. Simply (carefully) tweak it to the side and make sure it’s clear. Others have posted more creative solutions in this long thread to guide you further. You However need to address it. Good luck.

Yelobird you made my night with the NASA comment.... lol simply amazing!

#11116 5 years ago
Quoted from murdock:

You won't break the target, just pull the left side back into position with your finger tip. But get some dead foam and position it just right, behind the right target and against the metal rod in the middle of both of them so that the right target can't push all the way back and get stuck.

Easy fix. Target registers beautifully.

#11117 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

LOL...I'm going to be living this soon. The node board buried inside the turntable went out on me. The diode (that's shaped like a transistor for some crazy reason) snapped off. Was hoping I could resolder it for a "quick" fix, but no such luck...the leg broke off at the base as I was getting it back in place. So now I'm waiting to hear back from Stern on a replacement. I'm sure they will take care of me, but if I had known I wouldn't be putting this monster back together for a few days, I would have taken way more pictures, LOL!

#11118 5 years ago

This was posted by Pinball Over Boston today on their Facebook page encouraging players to check out their Batman 66 at A4Cade with updated code. I figured you all may like it

code (resized).pngcode (resized).png
#11119 5 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

This was posted by Pinball Over Boston today on their Facebook page encouraging players to check out their Batman 66 at A4Cade with updated code. I figured you all may like it
[quoted image]

DAMN TRUE!!!

#11120 5 years ago

Stern Of The Union BM66 Update:

Batman ’66 – We hope you enjoyed last week’s release (v0.95.0) and there is still plenty in store! We are hard at work on the next upcoming update.

#11121 5 years ago

I’m in! Code is very good. Hopefully, more dialogue from all of the characters and Lyman pumps up the joker surf music and goes nuts with the lights and flashers. It will put this over the top. This game definitely belongs in the top 10!

0DDFD03C-F980-48AB-9730-D83739E774AE (resized).jpeg0DDFD03C-F980-48AB-9730-D83739E774AE (resized).jpeg
#11122 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Stern Of The Union BM66 Update:
Batman ’66 – We hope you enjoyed last week’s release (v0.95.0) and there is still plenty in store! We are hard at work on the next upcoming update.

Yay!

#11123 5 years ago

Is there any place that explains the rules in depth? What makes these rules so magical that was different from the crap fest that ot was when it first started?

#11124 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Is there any place that explains the rules in depth? What makes these rules so magical that was different from the crap fest that ot was when it first started?

Probably a novel written somewhere, and it's still not done. The game has massive fun factor for people just walking up, in addition to deep rules, that can make it a challenge to even get near getting through....best of both worlds....

#11125 5 years ago

Part of what Makes B66 great (compared to TWD) is that it's both very approachable as a "walk up and play" game, but also offers depth, difficulty and strategy for advanced players. The layout isn't terribly special, but there's a lot being done with what's there.

#11126 5 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

I’m in! Code is very good. Hopefully, more dialogue from all of the characters and Lyman pumps up the joker surf music and goes nuts with the lights and flashers. It will put this over the top. This game definitely belongs in the top 10!
[quoted image]

Ok not why you posted this but I love the green back lighting in your game area way cool. Been looking for a subtle light effect for the game room and I may need to borrow that idea. Cool thanks! And yes this game is shaping up to be the pride of our collection. For certain it is the first game visitors play when they come over.

#11127 5 years ago

Loved PiperPinball’s mods on BM66, so I borrowed one of his ideas and made my own Catwoman with a jewel, looks great! Now to figure out how he did that batcopter with a spinning prop...

15DD9425-7721-49B5-863E-986068A525F1 (resized).jpeg15DD9425-7721-49B5-863E-986068A525F1 (resized).jpeg9CA8B353-25C8-46FD-8C95-7451D13008F6 (resized).jpeg9CA8B353-25C8-46FD-8C95-7451D13008F6 (resized).jpeg
#11128 5 years ago

The game has become so great because of the massive fun content and minor modes.
The amount of video clips in the game is huge.

I'm eager to find out what rule changes will be implemented towards the strategic part!

For me what's lacking at this point:
- keep track of completion and earned benefits of a completed minor mode + better implementation
- any reward for playing/completing all minors?
- any reward for playing/completing all majors (both seasons then)?
- sound fx on certain parts (like penguin)
- score balancing
- light effects
- A longer path towards some final wizard mode (like encore, end of the line, last man standing, ..)

Now batusi/holy can been reached within 15-20 minutes if you take the shortest path, the same for super villain escape
and you can reach batusi and then the holy mode by playing the same minors again (if you play mad hatter)

If all this get's addressed, then it will be one of sterns best!
I am actually quite confident it will be. And even how the game is right now, its great already

#11129 5 years ago

Me and Dannis nightly BM66 battle.

E3C0CC2F-2895-4123-9F78-7B50570AE0CA (resized).jpegE3C0CC2F-2895-4123-9F78-7B50570AE0CA (resized).jpeg

She wins this one, 1,317,000,000 to my 1,205,000,000

Grrrr!!

rd

7AF9CD99-272E-41C3-BF7A-889C0631D50A (resized).jpeg7AF9CD99-272E-41C3-BF7A-889C0631D50A (resized).jpeg

#11130 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok not why you posted this but I love the green back lighting in your game area way cool. Been looking for a subtle light effect for the game room and I may need to borrow that idea. Cool thanks! And yes this game is shaping up to be the pride of our collection. For certain it is the first game visitors play when they come over.

Ikea strip lights. You can dial in any color or have them slowly change colors. Usually, I have them on the bottom and back side of the pinball cabinet. They give a nice wall and floor wash of color. For now, I have them sitting on top of that power strip, until I figure my line up.

Also, about my comment regarding BM 66 playfield insert and flasher light effects. I have a Iron Maiden. It has this light sequence during the game where the inserts wave back and forth between the slings and another effect where it gives the illusion of spinning. If that type of effect was used during the multi ball fight sequence or that spinning effect for the bat turn around. It would be visually awesome.

#11131 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Now batusi/holy can been reached within 15-20 minutes if you take the shortest path, the same for super villain escape
and you can reach batusi and then the holy mode by playing the same minors again (if you play mad hatter)

So what is the shortest path to Batusi/Holy Multi-Ball? What is the preferred order to play the minor villains? I seem to play Mr. Freeze first, then Mad Hatter...

#11132 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

So what is the shortest path to Batusi/Holy Multi-Ball? What is the preferred order to play the minor villains? I seem to play Mr. Freeze first, then Mad Hatter...

Here is what has worked for me.
Season 1 Mad Hatter
Season 2 Egg Head
Season 3 Egg Head

Granted this was before .95 code so I am not familiar with new mini villains.

#11133 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Here is what has worked for me.
Season 1 Mad Hatter
Season 2 Egg Head
Season 3 Egg Head
Granted this was before .95 code so I am not familiar with new mini villains.

What is your strategy playing Egg Head? I seem to have better luck with King Tut.

#11134 5 years ago

1) Mad hatter
2) egg head or shame
3) egg head or shame

egg head strategy season 2: have a gadget ready, hit it and make the lit shot lit mode = completed
egg head strategy season 3 (the most right one): make the left loop 5 times --> mode = completed, ignore everything else but the left loop
mad hatter: make shots

both shames, hit side targets (even in shame season 3!) and then white shots

King tuts work ok too but need a little more shots, same as mr freeze
bookworm is harder

#11135 5 years ago
Quoted from taz:

What is your strategy playing Egg Head? I seem to have better luck with King Tut.

1) Mad hatter
2) egg head or shame
3) egg head or shame
egg head strategy season 2: have a gadget ready, hit it and make the lit shot lit mode = completed
egg head strategy season 3 (the most right one): make the left loop 5 times --> mode = completed, ignore everything else but the left loop
bookworm is harder

what DPW said.

#11136 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Me and Dannis nightly BM66 battle.
[quoted image]
She wins this one, 1,317,000,000 to my 1,205,000,000
Grrrr!!
rd
[quoted image]

Rotor, do you have pics of the 126 please?... also I have to ask you this(... all due respect) are you the biggest collector of pins Worldwide?

Regards

#11137 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Rotor, do you have pics of the 126 please?... also I have to ask you this(... all due respect) are you the biggest collector of pins Worldwide?
Regards

Never mind, just checked your profile... amazing

#11138 5 years ago

A Bat-tastic day today. We managed to find a NIB LE for a backup should ours ever have a breakdown. lol Thats true Batman 66 love! Not an easy find but she is home at last. I am fighting not to peak inside just to find out which LE gadget model it is. Must resist....

IMG_1012 (resized).jpgIMG_1012 (resized).jpgIMG_1013 (resized).jpgIMG_1013 (resized).jpg
#11139 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Regards

Nope! Been to places with way more than 125. John Weeks (Pinball Museum) has 500, Tim (PHOF) supposedly has 1000.

Maybe I have the biggest collection in my HOUSE though ... most of the other large collections are in commercial buildings or barns ... and all mine are working (except for the few that are being restored, generally 2-3 at a time) Lots of large collections are stacked up in warehouses ...

You can see my place on youtube .. search RotorDave Arcade and you'll find it.

rd

#11140 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

A Bat-tastic day today. We managed to find a NIB LE for a backup should ours ever have a breakdown. lol Thats true Batman 66 love! Not an easy find but she is home at last. I am fighting not to peak inside just to find out which LE gadget model it is. Must resist....
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that's commitment. Where'd you pick this one up?

#11141 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Wow that's commitment. Where'd you pick this one up?

Got lucky and keep the Awesome Flippen-Out-Pinball Larry on scouting duty. If there is a pin to be found he always comes through. This was a tough find but he has magical distributor powers. lol Just the right time I guess and for the price I couldn't pass it up. Definitely not something you will see every day thats for sure.

#11142 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nope! Been to places with way more than 125. John Weeks (Pinball Museum) has 500, Tim (PHOF) supposedly has 1000.
Maybe I have the biggest collection in my HOUSE though ... most of the other large collections are in commercial buildings or barns ... and all mine are working (except for the few that are being restored, generally 2-3 at a time) Lots of large collections are stacked up in warehouses ...
You can see my place on youtube .. search RotorDave Arcade and you'll find it.

rd

Holly crap your place is Beyond impressive!! Your place is like a Pinball Expo every day. Ever consider adoption, inhouse tech, live in landscaper?? Such an amazing collection beyond words. I can see you play incredible but this puts you in a totally different level! Impressive.

#11143 5 years ago

Impressive arcade Dave to say the least. I now have a video to show my wife if she gives me crap about needing just one more. . I can always say look sweetie there is one dude in Australia way crazier then me. . Then she will probably say in an exhausted tone. “Sure....go ahead”

#11144 5 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Impressive arcade Dave to say the least. I now have a video to show my wife if she gives me crap about needing just one more. . I can always say look sweetie there is one dude in Australia way crazier then me. . Then she will probably say in an exhausted tone. “Sure....go ahead”

Not sure Dave’s place would be considered an example, more of a dream/anomaly. Adding the difficulty just Getting those titles to AU must have been a daunting and costly adventure. He Must be marryed to a saint.

#11145 5 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Hahaha, that would be a dude in New Zealand. Quick, edit it before Dave sees it.

#11146 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Hahaha, that would be a dude in New Zealand. Quick, edit it before Dave sees it.

New Zealand, Australia - all the same ...

Those Canadians never know the difference ...

rd

#11147 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I am fighting not to peak inside just to find out which LE gadget model it is. Must resist....
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's an awesome score! I would be dying to know if it's an episode LE or gadget LE and if it's a gadget, which gadget.

Maybe you hit the jackpot and got the bat shark repellent or the utility belt gadget? Or maybe you got the boobie prize and got the Ethel Merman as Lola Lasagna episode.

#11148 5 years ago

My crane seems to be getting tougher to activate crane hits. anyone got any suggestions for adjustments. Its just a ground and the spring

#11149 5 years ago

1) Mad hatter
2) egg head or shame
3) egg head or shame
bookworm is harder

Thanks, I've already had success with Egghead using your strategy! I can now sometimes score a Season 1 & 2 Minor Villain in a really good game. I've just got to figure out how to stay alive long enough to go after a Season 3 villain.

#11150 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

My crane seems to be getting tougher to activate crane hits. anyone got any suggestions for adjustments. Its just a ground and the spring

Mine is too. From what I can tell it’s not a sensitivity issue. You have to hit the ball hard enough to make it register against the side. We took it off and cleaned the metal with a file so it would register better but it’s a big hole and you need to hit it hard. When we have time, we will make the hole smaller by putting some king of metal sleeve in so the ball doesn’t have to travel far to register.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/223 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.