New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167576)

Batman 66 - Official Club Thread

By TigerLaw

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16,329 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,526 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

51FD26F2-40F7-46FA-8F2A-2F0C7F96E4C1 (resized).jpeg
20201127_111855 (resized).jpg
20201127_111534 (resized).jpg
20201127_111524 (resized).jpg
20201127_111510 (resized).jpg
20201120_151227 (resized).jpg
20201127_111801 (resized).jpg
20201127_111820 (resized).jpg
BM66_cover (resized).PNG
rps20201115_114708 (resized).jpg
28A15858-30AD-4DA7-801F-AB7E6310788C (resized).jpeg
F498268B-139F-4DE9-99DF-65F98434440A (resized).jpeg
11E654D1-0405-4841-ADD9-DD38FCE9E6AA (resized).jpeg
B61830EC-6D95-409A-B4DA-6A491707C735 (resized).jpeg
ABAD63ED-C130-4987-886E-5BB9FF932E53 (resized).jpeg
22440D00-724D-4C9E-A7C5-8377BDDC01A1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16329 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 327.
#11051 2 years ago

Holy 5.64GB download Batman!!!!

#11052 2 years ago

I think this finishes all the minor villains.

Season 1:
Mad Hatter - 13/14
King Tut - 27/28
Book Worm - 29/30

Season 2:
King Tut - 41/42
Egg Head - 47/48
Mr Freeze - 53/54
Shame - 59/60
Mad Hatter - 69/70
King Tut - 87/88

Season 3:
King Tut - 100
Egg Head - 102/103
Egg Head - 109
Shame - 115/116
King tut - 117

Only other episodes featuring those six that have not been done yet is Mr Freeze season 1 episodes 7/8 (with George Sanders) and Mr Freeze season 2 episodes 93/94 (with Eli Wallace). I thought Lyman said at one point that they were only going to use the Otto Preminger Mr Freeze episodes which are already in the game so Mr Freeze is probably done.

So what else might be in store to get the code to 1.0? We know a third wizard mode is planned but what else could lyman have up his sleeve? He gave us Eartha Kitt Catwoman, maybe we'll see the John Astin Riddler added as well? My guess is we'll see the next update previewed at Expo, maybe at 1.0 then?

Although its been a long time to get to this point I will miss getting updates every now and then once the code is eventually completed.

#11053 2 years ago

Anyone else getting a different language during the update?

20180927_222655 (resized).jpg
#11054 2 years ago

2 more modes and still only 0.95, Lyman you rock man!

Thank you once again for another killer update!

#11055 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Anyone else getting a different language during the update?
[quoted image]

Yep....still loaded fine.....

#11056 2 years ago

Gonna try again but Holy Slow Download! (probably my crap Spectrum wifi).

#11057 2 years ago

I have downloaded and updated our machine. Took a while to update the machine, different language. Everything is all good, looking forward to putting a few games on the machine.

#11058 2 years ago

Batman 66 has the longest attract mode ever.

Got to look for an adjustment to disable all the episode high scores.

#11059 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think this finishes all the minor villains.
Season 1:
Mad Hatter - 13/14
King Tut - 27/28
Book Worm - 29/30
Season 2:
King Tut - 41/42
Egg Head - 47/48
Mr Freeze - 53/54
Shame - 59/60
Mad Hatter - 69/70
King Tut - 87/88
Season 3:
King Tut - 100
Egg Head - 102/103
Egg Head - 109
Shame - 115/116
King tut - 117
Only other episodes featuring those six that have not been done yet is Mr Freeze season 1 episodes 7/8 (with George Sanders) and Mr Freeze season 2 episodes 93/94 (with Eli Wallace). I thought Lyman said at one point that they were only going to use the Otto Preminger Mr Freeze episodes which are already in the game so Mr Freeze is probably done.
So what else might be in store to get the code to 1.0? We know a third wizard mode is planned but what else could lyman have up his sleeve? He gave us Eartha Kitt Catwoman, maybe we'll see the John Astin Riddler added as well? My guess is we'll see the next update previewed at Expo, maybe at 1.0 then?
Although its been a long time to get to this point I will miss getting updates every now and then once the code is eventually completed.

Just plain Bat-tastic. This amazing game is reborn every month. I'm going to need to set it for 10 balls if I plan to ever see any of this amazing deep code. lol.

#11060 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Batman 66 has the longest attract mode ever.
Got to look for an adjustment to disable all the episode high scores.

The more high scores the better

#11061 2 years ago

Loving the new egghead mode!

42711077_318839158920767_3889021933668270080_n (resized).jpg
#11062 2 years ago

To get to 1.0, we need more polish on the callouts / sound and light shows. e.g. Penguin has nothing sound-wise.

#11063 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

To get to 1.0, we need more polish on the callouts / sound and light shows. e.g. Penguin has nothing sound-wise.

I hope we see one more scene for each main villain. One from each season would be great. In addition, an incentive for completing each of the main villain's scenes would be great. For example doing both (or all three if another added) Catwoman scenes would get you something (Wizard mode? Super mode?), all Penguin scenes..., etc.

I'd still like to see the minor villains difficulty dialed down a bit. It doesn't seem like they should be significantly harder than the main villains like they are now. Especially since we know there will be three wizard modes associated with them and it's nearly impossible to hit one of them now.

I'd love to see additional minor villains, but I know that is almost surely not going to happen at this point. There are just so many unique characters that aren't touched and could have been used instead of doing multiple scenes of the same villains. Not that I could ever complain about more King Tut or Vincent Price though!

I'm sure the lightshow will get a lot of polish. I hope the color changing LEDs are utilized more to indicate stacked mode shots. The channel change is awesome, but it should be easy to see what shots are lit for anything running regardless of what channel is on. It seems like now sometimes you get the color changing, and sometimes not. Or maybe I'm just not paying enough attention to realize it does this already?

More crane use or variety to the crane use would be nice. I love how BDK used it differently in each Scarecrow mode. It's one of the best toys in pinball and I feel it's a little underused here so far.

All these are minor wants though really. I can't complain about what is there and how much Lyman continues to add! Great game, even if the updates would have been cut off awhile ago already. It just keeps getting better!

#11064 2 years ago

May I ask you guys a question: this or walking dead premium. Which is the better game? How's the code in this compared to that?

#11065 2 years ago
Quoted from jorant:

May I ask you guys a question: this or walking dead premium. Whoch is the better game? Hows the code in this compared to that?

Apples and Oranges really. They'd be a great pair.

#11066 2 years ago
Quoted from jorant:

May I ask you guys a question: this or walking dead premium. Whoch is the better game? Hows the code in this compared to that?

TWD is phenomenal. Lyman masterpiece

If it had the LCD it would be perfect. It’s MUCH more difficult than BM66

But BM66 has the fun factor and LCD

Both have Lyman which are his two best of all time right now

Gotta have both for me but as great as TWD is it appears Lyman is trying to one up that code!

#11067 2 years ago

Man, I am on my third attempt to download the code. I have never had an issue before. Both times it appeared to be at the end but they both showed partial downloads and the download screen was closed. Both showed 5.4 gig. Any ideas?

#11068 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Apples and Oranges really. They'd be a great pair.

Perhaps... but I own neither and am looking for suggestions.

#11069 2 years ago
Quoted from jorant:

I’ve played Twd on location plenty, and it’s a great game. I just love bm66 though. There are a lot of modes and consequently a ton of clips. There’s a lot that keeps my attention. I really think it’s coded extremely well and a perfect mating for the LCD. It’s a game that caters to an avid player because of the depth, as well as the casual players because of the lcd/callouts. All folks that come over gravitate to it. Hope that helps!

#11070 2 years ago
Quoted from jorant:

May I ask you guys a question: this or walking dead premium. Which is the better game? How's the code in this compared to that?

I have both and loved both in LE form.

TWD is a coding masterpiece, but BM66 is better in every way, it’s probably now as deep as the TWD which is perfect for experienced players, but far more accessible for casual players, the theme also makes it a winner with the family and everyone that visits and BM66 is one of the most fun pins I’ve ever owned!

#11071 2 years ago
Quoted from jorant:

I own both. I try to do 10 games per day as practice etc, and my thoughts are sort of based around that. First, you'll play each game of BM66 wayyyy longer. I can finish 10 games of TWD very quickly and feel like I made no progress at all haha. BM66 is more forgiving. With all of the different scoring strategies, I actually think BM66 does have/will have deeper code than TWD. Just more to do in the code. I think TWD is a fun game that kicks your butt if it's set up tough, and Batman is a tough game if you try to do anything to complete various code objectives just because it demands a lot from you shot-wise. It never feels unfair though. TWD feels unfair sometimes.

Also, and I say this while fully loving my TWD premium, the left ramp shot on TWD premium is absolute garbage and I've never been able to get mine to work perfectly. It's a major turnoff. There are ramp extensions and things like that I haven't been able to add yet because more are being made, but it's still worth considering.

Personally, after a bunch of play on both, if I had to buy again from scratch and could only do one, I would choose BM66. The screen is great, the callouts and music are fun, it can play long but that also isn't necessarily a bad thing. I do tend to get a little bored trying to cram 10 games in a row just because for BM66 10 games in a row is a lot, but that's my practice schedule fault, not the game's fault. It's a beautiful machine, fun to shoot, and my own experience is that the worst mechanically I've had to deal with is sometimes the ball gets stuck in the turntable but ball check always releases it. TWD is frustrating, punishing and has more unique shots than BM66. Just depends what you like when you play. I'd still go with BM66 though.

#11072 2 years ago

I have also had problems downloading the code, never had any issues in the past. I was able to download, but pin wouldn't read code. Anyone else having similar issues.

#11073 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

an incentive for completing each of the main villain's scenes would be great. For example doing both (or all three if another added) Catwoman scenes would get you something (Wizard mode? Super mode?), all Penguin scenes..., etc.

That would be cool. Kinda like in Star Trek where you can choose to do all 3 levels of a single mission or try for just the first level for all the missions, then the second level for all the missions, etc.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'd still like to see the minor villains difficulty dialed down a bit. It doesn't seem like they should be significantly harder than the main villains like they are now. Especially since we know there will be three wizard modes associated with them and it's nearly impossible to hit one of them now.

I agree with that one. For me the minor villains definitely seem harder than the main ones. I always choke on the minor villain episodes.

Also wosh you could extend the minor villain select timer to be longer than 9 seconds. There are so many minor villain episodes to choose from its had to find the one you want before the timer runs out.

Really looking forward the the Gas Attack Multiball wizard mode. Maybe I should make a mode where the game shots brightly colored knock gas in your face when that mode starts.

#11074 2 years ago

no issues on the download, just the usual stuck once during update, power cycle and resume.

#11075 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That would be cool. Kinda like in Star Trek where you can choose to do all 3 levels of a single mission or try for just the first level for all the missions, then the second level for all the missions, etc.

I agree with that one. For me the minor villains definitely seem harder than the main ones. I always choke on the minor villain episodes.
Also wosh you could extend the minor villain select timer to be longer than 9 seconds. There are so many minor villain episodes to choose from its had to find the one you want before the timer runs out.
Really looking forward the the Gas Attack Multiball wizard mode. Maybe I should make a mode where the game shots brightly colored knock gas in your face when that mode starts.

Yup...the three deep levels on ST is exactly what I had in mind. I love the idea of getting Villain Escape if you finish one of each, but something different if you go deep on Catwoman (oh my). I know it's more of a Lonnie thing, but if we can't get more wizard modes for that, a super mode would be nice. Super Ramps for Catwoman, Super Orbits for Riddler, etc. That would add a nice bit of strategy (as if this game needs more, LOL). I bet Lyman has something up his sleeve...it seems like an obvious hole in the code right now since adding the second episode to each. We need incentive to play them.

Agreed on the 9 second minor selection! We need WAY more time to digest what is all there, and what each one rewards if beaten. I would even argue to not have it time out at all...rather remind you to make a choice.

#11076 2 years ago

Terrific answer, thank you!!!

Quoted from evanc:

I own both. I try to do 10 games per day as practice etc, and my thoughts are sort of based around that. First, you'll play each game of BM66 wayyyy longer. I can finish 10 games of TWD very quickly and feel like I made no progress at all haha. BM66 is more forgiving. With all of the different scoring strategies, I actually think BM66 does have/will have deeper code than TWD. Just more to do in the code. I think TWD is a fun game that kicks your butt if it's set up tough, and Batman is a tough game if you try to do anything to complete various code objectives just because it demands a lot from you shot-wise. It never feels unfair though. TWD feels unfair sometimes.
Also, and I say this while fully loving my TWD premium, the left ramp shot on TWD premium is absolute garbage and I've never been able to get mine to work perfectly. It's a major turnoff. There are ramp extensions and things like that I haven't been able to add yet because more are being made, but it's still worth considering.
Personally, after a bunch of play on both, if I had to buy again from scratch and could only do one, I would choose BM66. The screen is great, the callouts and music are fun, it can play long but that also isn't necessarily a bad thing. I do tend to get a little bored trying to cram 10 games in a row just because for BM66 10 games in a row is a lot, but that's my practice schedule fault, not the game's fault. It's a beautiful machine, fun to shoot, and my own experience is that the worst mechanically I've had to deal with is sometimes the ball gets stuck in the turntable but ball check always releases it. TWD is frustrating, punishing and has more unique shots than BM66. Just depends what you like when you play. I'd still go with BM66 though.

#11077 2 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Man, I am on my third attempt to download the code. I have never had an issue before. Both times it appeared to be at the end but they both showed partial downloads and the download screen was closed. Both showed 5.4 gig. Any ideas?

It took me a couple of tries but it finally worked. I decided to start over from scratch and deleted and reinstalled the code. I then reinstalled it on my thumb drive .

#11078 2 years ago
Quoted from jorant:

If you’re going TWD save some bucks and go pro. The Prem/LE lift ramp is bad - magnet in front of wellwalker is whatever - Austin Powers cannon is whatever - the only advantage is the walker bombs that pro doesn’t have.

Which creates a quandary as BM66 is only available as a premium at considerably more cost.

They’re both cool - and would complement each other nicely if you could get both of them.

Of course the answer is to play both and see what you prefer.

Me personally - if I had to choose one, I’m 50/50. Can’t decide between the two. Possibly bm66 as it has a little more variety in gameplay which would make it better in a small collection. Yeah, I’m saying BM66.

But you can’t go wrong with either.

rd

#11079 2 years ago
Quoted from jorant:

I'll echo what many others have already written. I have both games in LE and agree that they are both great games and Lyman masterpieces. In my opinion TWD does need "alternate" or fan code to get the call outs and music right. There are several really good code versions created by Pinside members.

Honestly, I haven't played much TWD the past few months, as BM66 dominates my interest lately. I think the tie breaker is that BM66 is a better immersion into the theme. However, TWD would be cheaper to buy.

#11080 2 years ago

Regarding the updated code; is it just me or does the tilt now seem more sensitive no matter the setting?

#11081 2 years ago

Loading 0.95 tonight. When I pre-ordered BM66 I had a some trepidation about its code. For a long time there was reason to be concerned. Months would go by without an update. Now it seems this game is on track to be the definitive vision of what pinball can be. I'm in awe of the execution of this masterpiece and can't wait to see the finished product, and, more importantly, to enjoy it for years to come. What a ride!

#11082 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Regarding the updated code; is it just me or does the tilt now seem more sensitive no matter the setting?

It's no different for me. I notice the magnet is more integrated for me though

#11083 2 years ago

I joined the batman66 club last week and am really glad I did...wow! I never considered this machine because the code sucked and looked like an overpriced sucker magnet to me when it first shipped. Well here I am eating crow and really happy with this one. The code just keeps on rolling on this one. Thanks to Tommy@nitro who was fantastic to deal with.

#11084 2 years ago
Quoted from jorant:

Did you ask the guys in “The Walking Dead” forum to see if some of them will say Batman 66?

#11085 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Did you ask the guys in “The Walking Dead” forum to see if some of them will say Batman 66?

I almost said TWD. 49/51.

rd

#11086 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I own and love both in LE form but BM66 is the better game. Like Dave says it’s close, really close but BM66 wins imo!

#11087 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I own and love both in LE form but BM66 is the better game. Like Dave says it’s close, really close but BM66 wins imo!

I’ve just spent the night competing on TWD LE - if the competition was between that and BM66 (any version) it would be 99/1 to BM66 hahaha

Pro is ssoooooooo much better.

Lifting ramp sucks balls.

Cannon is stupid.

Dooooooooh

rd

#11088 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’ve just spent the night competing on TWD LE - if the competition was between that and BM66 (any version) it would be 99/1 to BM66 hahaha
Pro is ssoooooooo much better.
Lifting ramp sucks balls.
Cannon is stupid.
Dooooooooh
rd

Yeah I’m not a fan of that ramp it’s more annoying than fun to shoot, crossbow cannon doesn’t do anything for me either but the LE lightshow is awesome and the extra magnet is fun.

Luckily I got my LE for less than the price of a Pro which is the only reason I have the LE.

#11089 2 years ago

both are outstanding games, but TWD wins it for me by a whisker - I have batman LE and TWD Premium so very lucky.

I spoke to Lyman at pinburgh and once he has finished all the video work he has plans to put more into the rules side of the game. I still want to see this in the game though:

#11090 2 years ago

A little tweak with PB and anything is possible.

#11091 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I haven't done it personally yet but it looks like you can make it longer if you edit the file in pinbrowser.

#11092 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I spoke to Lyman at pinburgh and once he has finished all the video work he has plans to put more into the rules side of the game.

More into the rules? Can’t wait to see what else Lyman is going to add, rules are already pretty amazing imo.

#11093 2 years ago

Just added an external sub, damn does it make a difference!

#11094 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Codes up now. Go get it.
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code
V0.95.0 - Sep. 27, 2018

Nice update! Goodbye high scores! Time to set some new ones.

#11095 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just added an external sub, damn does it make a difference!

With the Spike 2 system can you hook up an external powered sub like on the SAM system by connecting to the sub in the cabinet?

#11096 2 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

With the Spike 2 system can you hook up an external powered sub like on the SAM system by connecting to the sub in the cabinet?

I cheated and just used a pinsub connector from pinnovator.

#11097 2 years ago

When I hooked up my external sub I just soldered a second set of wires to the internal cab sub.

#11098 2 years ago

I have my first ever magnetized ball. Is this common on this machine? Do I need to replace the balls?

#11099 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I have my first ever magnetized ball. Is this common on this machine? Do I need to replace the balls?

Common on any sort of machine with magnets if you use the wrong balls.

Not all balls will get magnetised - you could use 30 of the same sort and only one could become magnetised. Then it’ll get stuck to another ball in the trough and you’ll wonder what’s broken ....

So use only “won’t magnetise” balls in pins with magnets.

rd

#11100 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Common on any sort of machine with magnets if you use the wrong balls.

I think I put the high gloss ninja balls in...not sure, might have been the silver jets.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
There are 16329 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 327.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside