IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 374.
#10902 5 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

Sounds like most people prefer mirror blades than any artwork blades on this title.

Nope, Stern artblades are fantastic on this one!

#10903 5 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

Sounds like most people prefer mirror blades than any artwork blades on this title.

Nope I love the art blades on this game, they really complete the whole look and feel of the playfield.

#10904 5 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

Negative

#10905 5 years ago

Art blades and Mirror blades are all personal preference. I don’t care for the art blades on this one. Mirrors are going on my game. But I don’t like the art style on the back panel and that’s what the art blades build in. To me it just doesn’t look “Sharp”.

#10906 5 years ago

Another vote for the art blades (Stern). They are done by artist Chris Franci.

#10907 5 years ago

Loving the new code.

Can't wait to see what the third mini-wizard mode will be for completing minor villains.

IMG_3291 (resized).jpgIMG_3291 (resized).jpg
#10908 5 years ago

I love Batman!!!! What a great game, that's gone from last to first.

#10909 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Loving the new code.
Can't wait to see what the third mini-wizard mode will be for completing minor villains.
[quoted image]

Stop it! Every time I think I am playing better and proud of my score you guys drop score bombs like this! lol I have conceded that I may never actually see any of the final amazing code Lyman creates as you have to play better to get to it!

#10910 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Stop it! Every time I think I am playing better and proud of my score you guys drop score bombs like this! lol I have conceded that I may never actually see any of the final amazing code Lyman creates as you have to play better to get to it!

You are playing good but they have their game set on 10 balls. You can do it for one game too! You can call it R & D.

#10911 5 years ago

When I first bought B66 I had my scores on my first games like 4B...
I immediately opened the outlanes, installed smaller post rubbers and set the multiball settings to hard (you must complete the targets for each lock now). Especially the last change made a huge difference!

Games are now shorter but an in the zone game can still deliver good points.
problem is that when your ball times become too long, the multipliers on the shots increment, and combine that with an (abusive) mr freeze completed never ending playfield multiplier that eventually ends up with 5x, and a shame 'all day'... (for the time it will last )

I'm quite sure that these scores will disappear in the future once balancing kicks in.

Also to be played on 3balls, 5 balls is too much I think.

#10912 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

When I first bought B66 I had my scores on my first games like 4B...
I immediately opened the outlanes, installed smaller post rubbers and set the multiball settings to hard (you must complete the targets for each lock now). Especially the last change made a huge difference!
Games are now shorter but an in the zone game can still deliver good points.
problem is that when your ball times become too long, the multipliers on the shots increment, and combine that with an (abusive) mr freeze completed never ending playfield multiplier that eventually ends up with 5x, and a shame 'all day'... (for the time it will last )
I'm quite sure that these scores will disappear in the future once balancing kicks in.
Also to be played on 3balls, 5 balls is too much I think.

Pretty much how mine is set up.

Otherwise, you’d be playing it for hours. I sold my LOTR because games went so long I just didn’t enjoy it. Never got to valinor though. Haha. The flippers would get weak after 40-45 mins and shooting the ring was nearly impossible. Even had the updated coils.

I think that BM66 4b game was like 45 minutes long? And the 7.5b game must have been an hour. But the stars need to align to get a 3b plus score, the averages would be more like 400-1b range.

That 12b game must have been 90 minutes long ...

rd

#10913 5 years ago

Correct, any game that takes too long will make you get bored with it sooner or later.

#10914 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Pretty much how mine is set up.
Otherwise, you’d be playing it for hours. I sold my LOTR because games went so long I just didn’t enjoy it. Never got to valinor though. Haha. The flippers would get weak after 40-45 mins and shooting the ring was nearly impossible. Even had the updated coils.
I think that BM66 4b game was like 45 minutes long? And the 7.5b game must have been an hour. But the stars need to align to get a 3b plus score, the averages would be more like 400-1b range.
That 12b game must have been 90 minutes long ...
rd

Little less than an hour.

The first Villain Escape, I only scored 23 million on it.

Holy multi-ball was 1.9 billion and my bonus on ball 1 was 1.3 billion.

Just an amazing game that will only be getting better.

#10915 5 years ago

Well, after whining about the minors being too difficult the other day, I finally beat three of them and hit Holy Multiball! What a fun mode. My only complaint would be to boost the vocals a bit as I had a hard time hearing most of Robin's lines over the other sounds and pin noise. I pretty much had to concentrate only on the TV modes in order to make it, and extra balls are on and I'm pretty sure I had 2 extras. Some minors definitely are easier than others...Egghead season 2 in particular seemed to go very quick and I'm not sure exactly what I did. I need to get a better handle on these modes, and which ones require which shots, and how many of them. Some seem fair, some seem to never end no matter how many shots you make. All are crazy fun though, and each one has a unique feel. I can't wait to see how it all comes together in the end!

Now to do it again and finally see Batusi...

#10916 5 years ago

All this talk about hour long games. If the game were setup hard - is the code still setup to make mini wizard modes in under 10-15 minutes? And wizard mode in under 20-25 minutes? Hence giving you a max 30 minute game but hopefully not evey other game? Or is this title the next LOTR (which is one of my favorite pins of all time might I add).

#10917 5 years ago

You folks are insane. I get so many power drains off the slings (wide open outlanes) that I feel amazing if I get 1B.

#10918 5 years ago

Jediturtle Completely agree about the volume on Holy Multiball. It was difficult to hear anything. I used PB to boost the volume on the other multiballs. Not sure if I want to try and record every Holy callout and fix the volume.

#10919 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Jediturtle Completely agree about the volume on Holy Multiball. It was difficult to hear anything. I used PB to boost the volume on the other multiballs. Not sure if I want to try and record every Holy callout and fix the volume.

I didn’t know you could use PB on spike systems. I will have to look into that.

#10920 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

You folks are insane. I get so many power drains off the slings (wide open outlanes) that I feel amazing if I get 1B.

You’re not wrong there. Power drain from right sling to left out lane would be my most common “method of dismissal”.

No saving it, once it slams into those metal rails. Bammmmm!

rd

#10921 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

I’m with you a billion points game is amazing, your comparing yourself to DavidPinballWizz and rotordave who are both f’in awesome players and Trekkie1978 gets some crazy scores on all his games.

#10922 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

All this talk about hour long games. If the game were setup hard - is the code still setup to make mini wizard modes in under 10-15 minutes? And wizard mode in under 20-25 minutes? Hence giving you a max 30 minute game but hopefully not evey other game? Or is this title the next LOTR (which is one of my favorite pins of all time might I add).

It’s probably more LOTR than anything else, cause there’s so much to do.

Yes, you could catch all the Villains at the first jackpot stage and be in villain escape within 10-20 mins. But that’s not where the points are.

Same with minor villains - you could do the 3 seasons in 15 mins and be at that mini wiz.

Other side of the coin - if getting to the Wizards was too easy, we all would have sold it by now.

That’s the genius of Lyman. He gets it. Plenty there for everyone. Easy enough for the beginner player to get something going, and feel some accomplishment- yet heaps there to keep the better players interested.

He gets the perfect balance.

rd

#10923 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yes, you could catch all the Villains at the first jackpot stage and be in villain escape within 10-20 mins. But that’s not where the points are.
rd

I tried this strategy for the first time this weekend just so that I could see Villain Escape......350 million total points is all it took to get there and thru Villain Escape, so it's definitely not the point path (nor near as much fun!!!).

#10924 5 years ago

egghead season 2 is the easiest... you finish the mode when using the gadget button (when lit)... then have one shot to make to finish it... no matter how short you've been in the mode....

You can choose to change the shot to cash in and finish (and bank the jackpot score towards bonus) by moving the shot to the left (hit left target bank) or right (hit right target bank).

I once boosted the egghead value during a multiball... then used my gadget button... the cash-in shot was on the turntable.
I hit the target bank at the right to move the shot to the right ramp. Then shot the turntable to get my playfield multiplier active. Then moved the shot back to the left (shooting left target bank) because my turntable was multiplied.

It gave me an 85M egghead mode...
As on the mini villain select screen it says "value is added to bonus" or something like that.. This is not yet in the software, but if this gets added, and you can multiply the value with the multiplier... (after some balancing), this can be an interesting 'points' strategy!

Now mr freeze, shame and mad hatter are the only strategic interesting ones.

You can ignore king tut, bookworm, egghead... king tut keeps progress during minors, but you have to complete a king tut first, then start a mode (for example mr freeze/shame/...) which progress is now kept. Then play and complete mad hatter so you can replay mr freeze/shame/... again, and then replay those modes so you can finish them easier because of the process that is kept.
As you see.. a very long long path to use the benefit of king tut...

Next to that completing shame should be a one ball+ in multiball.., mr feeze freezes timers, etc...
And are these 'benefits' lost when you play holy wizard or batusi?

So there is some room for rules and strategic enhancements in the next updates

And of course the game needs an 'ultra' wizard mode

But for now, being at the minor villain select screen and having the choice of all those minors with all their own clips, sounds.... just wonderfull

#10925 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’m with you a billion points game is amazing, your comparing yourself to davidpinballwizz and rotordave who are both f’in awesome players and trekkie1978 gets some crazy scores on all his games.

The game before I put up the 12 billion, I don't think I broke 200 million. I had 2 balls drain off the slings, where the ball hits the sling, but not hard enough to activate the switch, but just hard enough to bounce off the rubber on slings and right in between the flippers. That's pinball for you.

Games that have improved my pinball skills: Iron Man VE, Transformers LE, Ghostbusters LE, GOT LE and Star Wars LE. They all have the same thing in common, being extremely fast and hard to get control of the ball. Only game on the list I haven't reached the wizard mode on that list is Star Wars...I came within 2 shots of getting there. Those are the games I play the most in my collection.

Iron Man VE is the one that keeps getting me back the most. My high on it is 137 million. I keep trying for that elusive 200 million...but that game is brutal.

#10926 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The game before I put up the 12 billion, I don't think I broke 200 million. I had 2 balls drain off the slings, where the ball hits the sling, but not hard enough to activate the switch, but just hard enough to bounce off the rubber on slings and right in between the flippers. That's pinball for you.
Games that have improved my pinball skills: Iron Man VE, Transformers LE, Ghostbusters LE, GOT LE and Star Wars LE. They all have the same thing in common, being extremely fast and hard to get control of the ball. Only game on the list I haven't reached the wizard mode on that list is Star Wars...I came within 2 shots of getting there. Those are the games I play the most in my collection.
Iron Man VE is the one that keeps getting me back the most. My high on it is 137 million. I keep trying for that elusive 200 million...but that game is brutal.

Pretty much mirrors my experiences.

BM66 - you can totally get a 30m game. I had one the other day which went sling-drain 3x in a row. But when you get your shots dialed in, away you go. Very much like LOTR in that regard.

Ironman is a great game to improve your skills on. My best is 150m ish too - but any game over 100m is a banger.

I’d add Xmen into that mix as well. Tight shots = get better or get nowhere.

Plus lots of play on older SS pins. Learn to make your shots or get wasted.

One thing I’d encourage everyone to do is play ten games in a row, and see how consistant you are. I’ve really worked towards trying to be as consistent as possible - doesn’t always come off, but overall I have got a lot better by thinking about what you’re doing.

Record them in this thread if you want. I found it to be a helpful exercise.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-consistent-are-you-play-10-games-in-a-row-record-your-scores/

rd

#10927 5 years ago

I'm certainly not a great player. I'm not even top 16 in my state.

The 2nd seasons of each major villain need some polish. Things aren't quite up to snuff with the first ones in terms of choreography etc. Also, the points seem to be much lower (on top of the fact that they each have one less section than the first). However, it is a nice touch that when you catch Catwoman 2, the capture animation stays consistent with the episode.

#10928 5 years ago

Some of you guys are amazing.

I just put up 1.3 Billion and thought I was the man until I logged on here.

#10929 5 years ago

It's funny, so many of my pinball friends master games so quickly they get bored of them. I consider it a gift that I really suck at pinball.

#10930 5 years ago

and set the multiball settings to hard (you must complete the targets for each lock now). Especially the last change made a huge difference

I meant to reply to this - on factory settings, one hit to the lock switches lights all three locks for the first MB.

But on subsequent multiballs, you have to hit the lock switches each time to light each lock, as you described.

So the Hard settings only really adjust the first MB - after that, every MB is single lock.

Just for everyone’s FYI.

rd

#10931 5 years ago

Agreed but 4 shots to start the main multiball is just too easy imho

#10932 5 years ago

Agreed but 4 shots to start the main multiball is just too easy imho

Not for those of us like me who suck it isn’t

#10933 5 years ago

Just discovered something new (to me) last night.

When you start a major villain, you can hit Gordon 2x for 2x MB scoring, BUT on your next Villain, if you do it again - without starting MB - you get 3x MB scoring.

#10934 5 years ago

Something unexpected happend to me today. The operator told me he updated the game. So I went to the location with some friends and we started a four player game.

While we were adding the players to the game. The game said “Player1, Player2, Player3”... well guess what it said after Player3 no it didn’t say Player4 it said “Holy four player game” It gave us all a big laugh.

#10935 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Something unexpected happend to me today. The operator told me he updated the game. So I went to the location with some friends and we started a four player game.
While we were adding the players to the game. The game said “Player1, Player2, Player3”... well guess what it said after Player3 no it didn’t say Player4 it said “Holy four player game” It gave us all a big laugh.

I noticed something yesterday when you capture a Villian, the commentator chimes in with, “a Villian captured” and “Gotham city saved once again” I hadn’t noticed that before but I was a few code updates behind, so maybe it’s not new but it’s another great little touch from Lyman.

#10936 5 years ago

Looks like the 4th wizard mode is called "gas attack". There is a slot in the high scores for it even though we can't play it yet. Just scroll near the end and you'll see it between batusi and holy multiball.

#10937 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Looks like the 4th wizard mode is called "gas attack". There is a slot in the high scores for it even though we can't play it yet. Just scroll near the end and you'll see it between batusi and holy multiball.

Possibly from the episode "Batman makes the scenes"

#10938 5 years ago

Maybe it's for completing all 8 major villain modes?

#10939 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Could be the third wizard mode or maybe another side mode like "Bat-Turn"?

I'm assuming "gas attack" refers to the countless times the dynamic duo gets gass-ed by a villain with brightly colored smoke. There are tons of clips of that to choose from so it could be a pretty fun mode to play.

16505061088_d07d175a9e_o.jpg16505061088_d07d175a9e_o.jpg26897992926_9f20cc68ac_b.jpg26897992926_9f20cc68ac_b.jpgd2e21fb4f25e00c27c845bb01f711292.jpgd2e21fb4f25e00c27c845bb01f711292.jpgdownload.jpgdownload.jpgknckout1.gifknckout1.gifpeep.jpgpeep.jpgpenguin gas.gifpenguin gas.gifvlcsnap-00121.jpgvlcsnap-00121.jpg
#10940 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Maybe it's for completing all 8 major villain modes?

I guess you mean minor villains? As there are 4 major villains and 8 minor Villian modes.

If so I think that’s a pretty big task, that’s putting it on Valinor and Do or Die Multiball territory imo.

#10941 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I guess you mean minor villains? As there are 4 major villains and 8 minor Villian modes.
If so I think that’s a pretty big task, that’s putting it on Valinor and Do or Die Multiball territory imo.

In that there are alternate episodes of each major villain. So 8 major villain modes total.

#10942 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

In that there are alternate episodes of each major villain. So 8 major villain modes total.

Gotcha! Once you complete a main Villian can you re play that Villian? I haven’t ever had the chance to try that?

#10943 5 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

Wraps around a post under the atomic pile and the bat computer.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am just now getting a chance to replace the ring. This may be a silly question, but I am a newbie and have never replaced a ring before. Do I need to remove parts in order to put in the ring?

#10944 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

I am just now getting a chance to replace the ring. This may be a silly question, but I am a newbie and have never replaced a ring before. Do I need to remove parts in order to put in the ring?

Yes! Some rings require more parts removal than others.

#10945 5 years ago

In this case, I have to remove the turntable?

#10946 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Could be the third wizard mode or maybe another side mode like "Bat-Turn"?
I'm assuming "gas attack" refers to the countless times the dynamic duo gets gass-ed by a villain with brightly colored smoke. There are tons of clips of that to choose from so it could be a pretty fun mode to play. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would love to see this implemented like Bat-Turn as another on the fly mode, but how and where would it be started and then what could the last wizard mode be based on?

#10947 5 years ago

This particular ring was quite easy to install... but didn’t realize until afterwards that it required removal of ONE major part.

34782A86-17F5-4953-84D0-A64B23FEFA62 (resized).jpeg34782A86-17F5-4953-84D0-A64B23FEFA62 (resized).jpeg
#10948 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I would love to see this implemented like Bat-Turn as another on the fly mode, but how and where would it be started and then what could the last wizard mode be based on?

We already have Batusi multiball which is Batman dancing around, Robin Holy multiball featuring Robin's vast vocabulary so maybe a Batgirl multiball to finish off the terrific trio of wizard modes.

Not sure what a dedicated Batgirl mode would be though. Batgirl was only in season 3 and there isn't as much variety with her clips as there is with Batman and Robin. Maybe a bunch of clips of here doing her signature high kicks to henchman's faces as the stuntmen patiently stand in place waiting for it? Its too bad the producers didn't feel it was "lady like" to have Batgirl punch and fight like the dynamic duo so she pretty much relied on the high kicks as her primary fighting style.

batgirl1.gifbatgirl1.gifbatgirl2.gifbatgirl2.gif
#10949 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Gotcha! Once you complete a main Villian can you re play that Villian? I haven’t ever had the chance to try that?

They take more shots to qualify after the first completion but yes.

#10950 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

In this case, I have to remove the turntable?

No, you will need to unscrew the LCD from the turntable and move it to the side. Same thing for the Atomic Pile, unscrew and move it aside. Then you can remove the plastic covering the posts where the ring mounts. Just take your time, and take a pic of every screw and part you remove for reference when you put it back together.

You want to do this with the power turned off, and you may want to first move the turntable in test mode into a position where the access to the LCD and Atomic Pile mounting screws is easier. DO NOT try to move the turntable into place by hand as you can screw it up easily doing that, use the service menu instead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/219 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.